"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

2 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

You are a terrible terrible human being.

At least there's no room for distant counter in that setup so it'd be easy to cheese on defense.

True but Defense Teams and Offense Teams, especially now, can be completely different...they essentially need to be, to succeed.

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I know there is a thread on how you use feathers, and this may be better suited to that thread, but I think here is just as good a place to ask - 

Whats the general consensus on the best way to use feathers, I have a fair few units now (75 in total) and enough feathers to level 1 4* to 5* if I wish, but I've been thinking is it generally better to level up as many units as I can to 4* to have a greater range of characters to choose from when some of the more difficult maps come up (looking at you Ursula Lunatic) as opposed to putting all my eggs into one basket and having 1 extra 5* ( such as a Tharja/Cordellia )

What would be better: a silver sword or a killing edge for Caeda? I'm already planning on giving her Glacies but I don't know whether to go with the higher Mt of the silver sword or to go with the lower cooldown count for killing edge and skill activation.

Also, what are some good skills for Chrom to inherit? He's tied for my favorite character and I use him to bait or kill all the heavy duty axe users.

His maxed out stats are: 58 ATK/33 DEF/23 SPD/18 RES

Edited by Liliesgrace

35 minutes ago, Marcodian_Elite said:

I know there is a thread on how you use feathers, and this may be better suited to that thread, but I think here is just as good a place to ask - 

Whats the general consensus on the best way to use feathers, I have a fair few units now (75 in total) and enough feathers to level 1 4* to 5* if I wish, but I've been thinking is it generally better to level up as many units as I can to 4* to have a greater range of characters to choose from when some of the more difficult maps come up (looking at you Ursula Lunatic) as opposed to putting all my eggs into one basket and having 1 extra 5* ( such as a Tharja/Cordellia )

As a disclaimer: I cannot say whether or not this is the most optimal way; this is just what I do.

Personally I'd say it depends on what you already have. If you don't already have a solid team of 5* units for Arena, then I'd focus on that first. Since Arena is currently the primary source of feathers, getting a team to score higher in Arena will also net you more feathers every week, allowing for you to upgrade units faster than your current rate. 

Once you have a pretty solid Arena team (set whatever you think is a realistic goal for yourself, but I think consistently top 5k or at least top 10k is a good goal to shoot for), you can focus more on upgrading several units to 4* with the increased feather revenue. 

Edited by MaskedAmpharos

32 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

As a disclaimer: I cannot say whether or not this is the most optimal way; this is just what I do.

Personally I'd say it depends on what you already have. If you don't already have a solid team of 5* units for Arena, then I'd focus on that first. Since Arena is currently the primary source of feathers, getting a team to score higher in Arena will also net you more feathers every week, allowing for you to upgrade units faster than your current rate. 

Once you have a pretty solid Arena team (set whatever you think is a realistic goal for yourself, but I think consistently top 5k or at least top 10k is a good goal to shoot for), you can focus more on upgrading several units to 4* with the increased feather revenue. 

I was doing okay in arena - not the best IV's but was using my 5* with some 4*, always maxed out def and last few attempts was getting a high score for upper feathers, but this time the scores seem to have been changed with a score of 4001+ being required for the max amount of feathers, dont know how I do with this yet but we'll see 

4 minutes ago, peekamoo said:

Hey everyone, i'm just wondering which FCorrin would be better to use out of the two that i have. +hp -def or neutral?

Thanks in advance! 

It depends on your other units. If you already have a tank with a lot of defense, go with the +hp and -def. If you have pretty balanced units, keep the neutral. Either really is fine.

Edited by MaddieMad1116

2 minutes ago, peekamoo said:

Hey everyone, i'm just wondering which FCorrin would be better to use out of the two that i have. +hp -def or neutral?

Thanks in advance! 

I believe +hp -def is better than neutral.  While you're hurting your physical survivability with - def, you're increasing your magical and physical survivability with +hp

13 minutes ago, Lushen said:

I believe +hp -def is better than neutral.  While you're hurting your physical survivability with - def, you're increasing your magical and physical survivability with +hp

thank you for the response!

15 minutes ago, MaddieMad1116 said:

It depends on your other units. If you already have a tank with a lot of defense, go with the +hp and -def. If you have pretty balanced units, keep the neutral. Either really is fine.

thanks for the response :)

This might be a silly question, but does Ardent Sacrifice work even without any injured allies? As in, could I use it as a free way to lose 10 HP to get a character down to their Vantage/Desperation/Defiant Stat HP threshold?

7 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

This might be a silly question, but does Ardent Sacrifice work even without any injured allies? As in, could I use it as a free way to lose 10 HP to get a character down to their Vantage/Desperation/Defiant Stat HP threshold?

I'm pretty sure Ardent Sacrifice and Reciprocal Aid cannot be used on an ally with full HP. Not entirely sure about Reciprocal Aid (might be able to use it if you're hurt, though?).

Edited by Ice Dragon

Because I am a masochist love orbs and all the wonderful things that they can do, I would very much like to complete these new training tower quests, but I could use a touch of help with team building.  Curiously enough, I seem to be the only person who is set for the Armours quest (I've got all the armoured units aside from Gwendolyn trained up, so Hector/Draug/Sheena/Effie will pull me through) and Infantry should be somewhat simple, but I'm far less well-covered for the Cavalry and Flyers quests.  I have the following to work with:

Cavalry

Spoiler

5* Cain, one of the 4* Reinhardts, 4* Ursula, and 4* Cecilia are somewhat trained up atm.

Flyers

Spoiler

5* Camilla, 4* Caeda, 4* Cherche, 4* Est, and one of the 4* Shannas are varying degrees of trained up atm.

When it comes to Flyers, I don't think I'm going to get much better than Camilla/Cherche/Caeda/Shanna (although my Florina has a) a decent nature (+Atk, -HP) and b) might be useful for Ardent Sacrifice), but I would love suggestions.

For Cavalry, Cain/Ursula or Reinhardt/Cecilia/Clarine seems alright, but would I be better suited throwing 2k+ feathers plus a buttload of training at a Gunter just for Hone Cavalry?

Any and all input would be much appreciated.

Edited by red-and-soulless
Due to reaching my attachment limit, the relevant pictures now live here: http://imgur.com/a/idS8V

44 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I'm pretty sure Ardent Sacrifice and Reciprocal Aid cannot be used on an ally with full HP. Not entirely sure about Reciprocal Aid (might be able to use it if you're hurt, though?).

I gave the Reciprocal Aid thing a try when the F!Robin battle was active (wanted to see if I could get a Still-Water Balm off for the 1st round of combat), it cannot be used if both allies are full. It can definitely be used if the user is not full but the target ally is (I had a Setsuna strat for the Ursula battle that revolved around stealing Julia's untouched HP on turn 2), I'd imagine it can be used if the user is full but the target ally is not, but I have no direct experience with that particular case.

31 minutes ago, red-and-soulless said:

Because I am a masochist love orbs and all the wonderful things that they can do, I would very much like to complete these new training tower quests, but I could use a touch of help with team building.  Curiously enough, I seem to be the only person who is set for the Armours quest (I've got all the armoured units aside from Gwendolyn trained up, so Hector/Draug/Sheena/Effie will pull me through) and Infantry should be somewhat simple, but I'm far less well-covered for the Cavalry and Flyers quests.  I have the following to work with:

Cavalry

Reveal hidden contents

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_f4.thumb.jpg.98c075509c0616c5499baf38635c2362.jpg

5* Cain, one of the 4* Reinhardts, 4* Ursula, and 4* Cecilia are somewhat trained up atm.

Flyers

Reveal hidden contents

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_f5.thumb.jpg.0f893b64b529d894d029895604a87c5d.jpg

5* Camilla, 4* Caeda, 4* Cherche, 4* Est, and one of the 4* Shannas are varying degrees of trained up atm.

When it comes to Flyers, I don't think I'm going to get much better than Camilla/Cherche/Caeda/Shanna (although my Florina has a) a decent nature (+Atk, -HP) and b) might be useful for Ardent Sacrifice), but I would love suggestions.

For Cavalry, Cain/Ursula or Reinhardt/Cecilia/Clarine seems alright, but would I be better suited throwing 2k+ feathers plus a buttload of training at a Gunter just for Hone Cavalry?

Any and all input would be much appreciated.

This is quite a lot to work with here.

How many feathers do you have? The single best option is to bump one of your Reinhardt's to 5*, not only for his Prf tome but also for Goad cavalry which would make running the quest significantly easier.

Aside from that, training Gunter is very worthwhile as he gets Hone Cavalry at 4*. It's less dependent on positioning unlike Rein's and you can apply its effect on turn one based on how your units are ordered. Cain and Cecilia should occupy the last two slots, as Gronnraven gives the team perfect coverage and Wings of Mercy gives you more mobility options in case on an emergency. The team should be specifically ordered Cain / Gunter / Cecilia / Reinhardt as the units next to Gunter will benefit more from Hone if Rein cannot be upgraded for this mission.

As for your Fliers, Subaki is a great partner for Camilla, possessing similar bulk and being a strong baiting unit with Quick Riposte. Caeda gives you a red while Narcian provides AOE to make getting ORKO's easier.

There is a lot of grinding involved, but I hope this helps.

13 hours ago, peekamoo said:

Hey guys, i rolled an +atk -spd 5* Eirika that puts her on 32 speed at level 40.. i was just wondering if darting blow would be a good skill since she lacks speed to double or armored blow for dueling?

I welcome other suggestions for her "A" slot :)

Thanks in advance! 

Ouch.  Eir really likes her Speed!

What you do with Eir depends on how you use her.  If she's going to initiate most of the time, try Death Blow.  Or, you can attempt to fix her Speed by giving her Life or Death (bonus is that it also amps her Attack up to really scary levels).

13 hours ago, azurrys said:

Pulled a 5* -SPD +DEF Karel. Salvageable or Wo Dao+ fodder? (Though to be fair, I don't really have any other decent sword users right now so I'm thinking of passing on Darting Blow to help his case, even though that means removing Defiant Attack so I'm not sure it's a good idea.)

Would also appreciate some advice on what units to include for the armour, cavalry and flying unit teams for the Training Tower Tenth Stratum missions.

Reveal hidden contents
  Reveal hidden contents

Not including screenies for the infantry because too freaking many of them, but does a team of 5* Klein, 5* Tharja, 4* Sharena and Olivia sound decent? I was also considering 4* Anna somewhere but I'm not sure who to sub over. I'm a lot less concerned about this team though, at least I have plenty of choices.

Thanks!

There's two different schools of thought to this:

1. "It's one of the worst boon/bane combos, so fodder"
2. "I will make this work".

Assuming the second point, you're working with 32 Spd and 29 Def, which means he can take a physical hit (just. . .not Effie, it's gonna suck).  It looks like his niche is being a terror at half health.  You can either give him Fury (patches up his Speed, gives him physical tankiness on par with Young Tiki and helps him to get into Brash Assault range), Life or Death (net -1 Def on neutral Karel, makes his Speed respectable), or give him Reciprocal Aid, so he hits the half health threshold faster.  His C skill is mostly irrelevant, since it's either buffs or Breath of LIfe.  I think he can still be a terror!

Training Tower. . .here we go!

- Armor: You have three distinct options.  Have fun.
- Horses: Reinhardt is awesome.  Therefore, the team will revolve around him.  Gunter is also an amazing unit on an all-horse team, so in he goes.  Clarine can patch people up.  For the final slot, you can either grab Cecilia for colorless advantage, or Stahl for positioning shenanigans and red coverage.
- Fliers: Camilla and Cordelia are explosive player-phase nukes, so the team will be made around them.  Palla has Goad Fliers and a sword, so she'll balance out the team. The final slot is up in the air - Florina can act as an anti-armor team healer, or Subaki can be used as repositioning and arrow bait (really).

8 hours ago, Toogee said:

I have a 5* Lvl 34 Roy with 231 SP to burn. His skills are maxed, so I'm looking for some C-level skills or special skills to inherit. That being said, I wouldn't mind replacing Triangle Adept with something A-level (it's caused more trouble than saved me). Thoughts?

HP: 41

Atk: 42

Spd: 29

Def: 20

Res: 27

It's really hard to say what your boon/bane is at level 34 (except he's not -HP or -Spd).  Thus, max him out, figure out what his boon/bane is.  From there, you'll have a better idea of how to build him.

I have enough feathers to either upgrade Odin to 5* and give his Blarblade to Linde or fully evolve Nino from 3* to 5*. I can't remember boon/bane but pretty sure neither has boon or bane in atk or spd.

Partner is Eirika of course. I have 2 Linde (will merge eventually) and 1 Nino.

What should I do?...

4 minutes ago, OKigen said:

I have enough feathers to either upgrade Odin to 5* and give his Blarblade to Linde or fully evolve Nino from 3* to 5*. I can't remember boon/bane but pretty sure neither has boon or bane in atk or spd.

Partner is Eirika of course. I have 2 Linde (will merge eventually) and 1 Nino.

What should I do?...

Damn I wish I were you.

I'd personally go with Linde. She's basically a superior (or at the very least about equally good) Nino once she has Blarblade+, not to mention blue tends to be a better offensive color in the red-heavy meta than green. Also you have more Lindes to merge. 

Edited by MaskedAmpharos

1 minute ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

Damn I wish I were you.

I'd personally go with Linde. She's basically a superior (or at the very least about equally good) Nino once she has Blarblade+, not to mention blue tends to be a better offensive color in the red-heavy meta than green. Not to mention you have more Lindes to merge. 

Thanks :) I got one Linde while trying to roll for Eldigan (yes, burned so many red orbs that at one point the game gave me several rounds with no more red...), and the other one while rolling for Ninian.

I'm pretty lucky though, didn't know Linde was good until I rolled her.

What would be better: a silver sword or a killing edge for Caeda? I'm already planning on giving her Glacies but I don't know whether to go with the higher Mt of the silver sword or to go with the lower cooldown count for killing edge and skill activation.

Also, what are some good skills for Chrom to inherit? He's tied for my favorite character and I use him to bait or kill all the heavy duty axe users.

His maxed out stats are: 58 ATK/33 DEF/23 SPD/18 RES

And another question (since I miss a lot of the aspects of the special skills) which special skills are best for attackers besides Astra?

34 minutes ago, Liliesgrace said:

And another question (since I miss a lot of the aspects of the special skills) which special skills are best for attackers besides Astra?

Astra is not actually the best. It hits hard, sure, but it does so too seldom and is mostly overkill.
You might take a look at Glowing Ember → Bonfire/Ignis or Chilling Wind → Glacies/Iceberg (depending on whether your Def or Res is higher), or New Moon → Moonbow/Luna if you often fight high-Def targets.