"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

4 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Iote's Shield is flying-only. Wait for Camus and his personal immunity skill.

I don't think camus will be available anytime soon :(
Is Triangle Adept 3 a good alternative? Sacrificing 4* Roy for it..ouch... 

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Ewwgene said:

I don't think camus will be available anytime soon :(
Is Triangle Adept 3 a good alternative? Sacrificing 4* Roy for it..ouch... 

For as squish as Leo is, you can either give him Tri-A to salvage him, but IMO you'll find better use of it elsewhere. 

Do Weapon-buffs & Passives stack (in the sense that say, Alfonse's Folkvangr bestows Defiant Atk 2, plus Alfonse running Defiant Atk 3 himself).

1 hour ago, Elieson said:

Do Weapon-buffs & Passives stack (in the sense that say, Alfonse's Folkvangr bestows Defiant Atk 2, plus Alfonse running Defiant Atk 3 himself).

Folkvangr's Defiant Atk 2 and Defiant Atk 3 cannot stack because they are standard buffs. Higher buffs simply cancel lower buffs.

I have a sneaking suspicion in-battle buffs (e.g. Durandal's Death Blow 2 and an actual Death Blow 3 passive) will stack with each other, but haven't done the testing. This based on the fact that Blow, Spur, Goad, etc. all stack with each other.

I have no idea if Deathly Dagger stacks with Poison Strike.

6 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I have a sneaking suspicion in-battle buffs (e.g. Durandal's Death Blow 2 and an actual Death Blow 3 passive) will stack with each other, but haven't done the testing. This based on the fact that Blow, Spur, Goad, etc. all stack with each other.

This is what I was planning to get to; Eliwood will hit like an truck if he gives himself an innate +10 Atk before other buffs like Horse Emblem stuff, on top of his respectable str stat and relatively safe speed. Granted, there's still better reds, and it requires the drop of Fury, but the innate 20 weapon-based mt on player phase before skills is neat to merge with that +6 plus Hone/Goad Cavalry. Doesn't really work for much else though since Eliwood is so Average

Does Moonbow stack with Threaten Defense by any chance?

This is my team.

Debating on whether I should promote Tharja, Nino, Kagero or Robin to 5 star. My Klein can one-shot Takumi. 

Any thoughts on what I need especially since battle events are coming up?

Edited by Scarvin

1 minute ago, Liliesgrace said:

Out of the Rallies, Spurs, Hones, and Fortifys which ones all stack together to give Nino bonus damage with her weapon?

Hones are offensive Fortifies, that are temporary.

Spurs, Goads and Wards stack limitlessly (well, maximum of 3 per because map size limits). Others overwrite eachother based on the highest value (Rally Attack overwrites Hone Atk 1, for instance, because 4 > 2)

1 minute ago, Liliesgrace said:

Out of the Rallies, Spurs, Hones, and Fortifys which ones all stack together to give Nino bonus damage with her weapon?

Nino gets bonus damage from anything that transforms a number into a blue one (Rally, Balm, Fortify, Hone, and Defiant Attribute (like Odin with Defiant Attack)), however none of them stack with one another in the same attribute, only the highest boost remains.

Spur stacks with any of those, but does not give Nino a bonus damage.

5 minutes ago, Liliesgrace said:

Anything that appears as a green up-arrow next to the unit on the map does not stack with others of the same type. Only the highest value is used, and these are the only buffs that get the bonus with Blade tomes.

Anything that specifically says "in-battle" in its effect description stacks without limit (and doesn't produce a green up-arrow), but does not get the bonus with Blade tomes

7 minutes ago, Elieson said:

Spurs, Goads and Wards stack limitlessly (well, maximum of 3 per because map size limits). Others overwrite eachother based on the highest value (Rally Attack overwrites Hone Atk 1, for instance, because 4 > 2)

So if at all possible, it's better for units to have spurs instead of hones or fortifies?

Edited by Liliesgrace

4 minutes ago, Liliesgrace said:

So if at all possible, it's better for units to have spurs instead of hones or fortifies?

Well it depends. Spurs only work if you're adjacent to the person you're giving it to. Hones/Fortifies work in a way that you can receive the buff, then move but still have it (like a rally). Hones/Fortifies are rallies that are given automatically at turn start, but cannot be manually given.

7 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Anything that appears as a green up-arrow next to the unit on the map does not stack with others of the same type. Only the highest value is used, and these are the only buffs that get the bonus with Blade tomes.

Anything that specifically says "in-battle" in its effect description stacks without limit (and doesn't produce a green up-arrow), but does not get the bonus with Blade tomes

Thanks so much. So I should aim for including characters that have skills that supply green arrows in different stats to allow Nino the most damage dealt?

2 minutes ago, Elieson said:

Well it depends. Spurs only work if you're adjacent to the person you're giving it to. Hones/Fortifies work in a way that you can receive the buff, then move but still have it (like a rally). Hones/Fortifies are rallies that are given automatically at turn start, but cannot be manually given.

Oh that clears up a lot! I was so confused about the different types that all seemed to do the same thing but now I know they all differ just slightly in how they work. I'll try to better incorporate them with inheritance and team building now.

Please refrain from multiposting, and instead edit your posts to add replies when possible :)

7 minutes ago, Liliesgrace said:

Thanks so much. So I should aim for including characters that have skills that supply green arrows in different stats to allow Nino the most damage dealt?

5 minutes ago, Liliesgrace said:

Oh that clears up a lot! I was so confused about the different types that all seemed to do the same thing but now I know they all differ just slightly in how they work. I'll try to better incorporate them with inheritance and team building now.

More or less.

Think about it this way; between Hones and Rallies, Nino can receive at most, +4 to all 4 stats, making +16 boost applied to Gronnblade. Units like Ephraim and Eirika naturally give two stats (because of their weaponry, plus access to Passive for a Hone/Fortify. Giving either of them a Rally in their non-buffed stat lets them boost three stats of Nino's by 4 each, making Gronnblade boost by +24, which is super duper. 

Nino cannot go beyond her standard ATK stat + Gronnblade's MT + 32, but still, that's pretty massive. Cecilia and Ursula with Gronnblade and Blarblade can exceed that, by teaching +28 from full supports (since Hone/Fortify give +6 on Cavalry instead of the usual +4 to Infantry), so if you're looking for ginormous numbers, keep that in mind. There's no mounted red tome user, so Tharja's Raourblade can't receive that massive +28. Just fyi

*Ugh I can't math. Horsies get +30 to #Blade for full boosts, max, while footbound units get +20

Edited by Elieson

6 minutes ago, Elieson said:

Cecilia and Ursula with Gronnblade and Blarblade can exceed that, by teaching +28 from full supports (since Hone/Fortify give +6 on Cavalry instead of the usual +4 to Infantry), so if you're looking for ginormous numbers, keep that in mind. There's no mounted red tome user, so Tharja's Raourblade can't receive that massive +28. Just fyi

Would you recommend Blarblade for Ursula instead of her Blarwolf+? I just got her to gold but if the blade gives her more power then I wouldn't mind grabbing one from any spare Odin I get.

Just now, Liliesgrace said:

Would you recommend Blarblade for Ursula instead of her Blarwolf+? I just got her to gold but if the blade gives her more power then I wouldn't mind grabbing one from any spare Odin I get.

Arena? Blarblade.

Training Tower? Blarwolf.

Campaign? Swap as needed.

Just now, Elieson said:

Arena? Blarblade.

Training Tower? Blarwolf.

Campaign? Swap as needed.

Just the answer I needed! I really don't like the area so I usually just focus on grinding characters at the tower. I'll teach her blade if I get a spare Odin but won't worry about it otherwise.

1 hour ago, Elieson said:

Nino cannot go beyond her standard ATK stat + Gronnblade's MT + 32, but still, that's pretty massive. Cecilia and Ursula with Gronnblade and Blarblade can exceed that, by teaching +28 from full supports (since Hone/Fortify give +6 on Cavalry instead of the usual +4 to Infantry), so if you're looking for ginormous numbers, keep that in mind. There's no mounted red tome user, so Tharja's Raourblade can't receive that massive +28. Just fyi

*Ugh I can't math. Horsies get +30 to #Blade for full boosts, max, while footbound units get +20

Nino can get +7 from Defiant Atk and +4 to all other stats for a total of 7 + 7 + 4 + 4 + 4 = +26 Atk.

Cavalry can get +7 from Defiant Atk and +6 to all other stats for a total of 7 + 7 + 6 + 6 + 6 = +32 Atk.

Leo is a mounted red tome user and the only one.