"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

21 hours ago, lejon said:

wondering. I do not have a 5 star mage. I wonder whether it is worth to unlock a robin (m), although there is a low speed? I would nowi, but which one would be better?

What are the rest of your units?  And I do mean the rest, even if you don't think they're worth the time.

18 hours ago, LordFrigid said:

Totally random question here...does anyone happen to know what Lv. 40 3* Sophia's Atk is (at neutral)?

32, I believe.

17 minutes ago, Zero1000 said:

Is normal Blarblade as good as Blarblade+? I want to pass it to Ursula from one of my Odins but don't want to spend lots of feathers on a unit I won't use.

You miss 4 MT by sticking to Blarblade.

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

40 minutes ago, Zero1000 said:

Is normal Blarblade as good as Blarblade+? I want to pass it to Ursula from one of my Odins but don't want to spend lots of feathers on a unit I won't use.

You should be fine with normal Blarblade. You miss out on 4 mt, but that's easily made up for with buffs (and an extra 4 mt is not worth 20k feathers imo). Plus, -blade units generally overkill their targets by a fair margin (more than 4 HP) anyways. 

Quick red promotion to 4* survey:

Selena: I have a +SPD/-HP, a +ATK/-RES and a neutral, I can't seem to decide which one promote to 4.

Olivia: I have a +SPD/-HP one and I'm wondering if it's better than neutral nature, probably not that important as she won't really see the front lines.

Eliwood: +SPD/-DEF seems cool, though he'll basically end up as mounted mirmidon with extra resistance, weird unit. I also have a +DEF/-HP.

All hints appreciated, thanks.

37 minutes ago, Orson said:

Quick red promotion to 4* survey:

Selena: I have a +SPD/-HP, a +ATK/-RES and a neutral, I can't seem to decide which one promote to 4.

Olivia: I have a +SPD/-HP one and I'm wondering if it's better than neutral nature, probably not that important as she won't really see the front lines.

Eliwood: +SPD/-DEF seems cool, though he'll basically end up as mounted mirmidon with extra resistance, weird unit. I also have a +DEF/-HP.

All hints appreciated, thanks.

Selena - Someone posted a lot of info on Selena, with the recommended nature being +Atk/-Res.

Olivia - I'd say so, since it means she isn't doubled by quite as many things.

Eliwood: +Spd/-Def, since speed is a dual-purpose stat.

1 hour ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

You should be fine with normal Blarblade. You miss out on 4 mt, but that's easily made up for with buffs (and an extra 4 mt is not worth 20k feathers imo). Plus, -blade units generally overkill their targets by a fair margin (more than 4 HP) anyways. 

Thanks! I also have a skill related question.

Is Jagen still a good unit for Fortify Cavalry or should I transfer the skill to another unit? Currently my only candidate is Abel. (Eliwood too, but considering he gets Ward Cavalry already...)

@Orson, a fair warning about my Selena build: Karel himself actually KOs pretty much the same things as the Selena build in that post of mine, with far less investment given that you'd need to 5* Selena AND pull a Karel. Selena's main advantage is the guarantee of a good nature (Karel has basically a 40% chance of being -Atk or -Spd, both of which turn his offenses to junk), and very good bulk. (Don't let Karel's better hp fool you, even a +Def nature Karel is worse than neutral Selena at surviving more than 1 hit.)

[Selena also misses a damn lot of 1RKOs if you can't Wo Dao+ her. I'll probably make a build lighter on inheritance requirements later, but don't expect it to be out before, say, Ike.]

Karel is VERY plug and play, too, his skillset isn't optimal, but it's pretty damn close, you can probably stick him in any red lord slot (I actually replaced Leo with him, this season) and he'll do his part to get you your easy 4k. (Even my level 34 Karel did his part, doing 14 damage on Effie is hilarious.)

Regarding Olivia: A Ruby Sword Olivia should actually do pretty damn well as a red counter part to Azura. Unlike Azura, she won't 1 rounding people due to lower stats thanks to lower rarity, but Olivia's better bulk (even at 3*) means that usually she won't have to.

Edited by DehNutCase

Guys, I need your help. I am a novice in Fire Emblem Heroes, as well as in Fire Emblem series in general.

Everytime I go to Arena, I find it hard to identify the season's bonus heroes and it's hard to recognize them since I have never played Fire Emblem before. Is there the list of all characters with their corresponding chibi pictures? I only managed to find the list of all characters with their heroes' icons.

If there is no such list, could anyone please name current season's bonus heroes (picture in attachment)?

media-20170321.png

12 minutes ago, Ultra_romance said:

Guys, I need your help. I am a novice in Fire Emblem Heroes, as well as in Fire Emblem series in general.

Everytime I go to Arena, I find it hard to identify the season's bonus heroes and it's hard to recognize them since I have never played Fire Emblem before. Is there the list of all characters with their corresponding chibi pictures? I only managed to find the list of all characters with their heroes' icons.

If there is no such list, could anyone please name current season's bonus heroes (picture in attachment)?

media-20170321.png

Top Row: Lucius, Priscilla, Karel, Ninian, Rebecca

Bottom Row: Jaffar, Ursula, Azama, Fir, Anna

Hope that helps! Ursula was the latest Grand Hero Battle and Lucius, Priscilla, Karel, Ninian, Jaffar, and Rebecca are all the current 6 focus characters right now.

Also, the game developers are planning an update in April that will allow you to tap on the bonus characters and get a description so everyone new and old to the series will be able to identify them!

Edited by Liliesgrace

33 minutes ago, Liliesgrace said:

Top Row: Lucius, Priscilla, Karel, Ninian, Rebecca

Bottom Row: Jaffar, Ursula, Azama, Fir, Anna

Hope that helps! Ursula was the latest Grand Hero Battle and Lucius, Priscilla, Karel, Ninian, Jaffar, and Rebecca are all the current 6 focus characters right now.

Also, the game developers are planning an update in April that will allow you to tap on the bonus characters and get a description so everyone new and old to the series will be able to identify them!

Oh, thanks so much! That's so kind of you.

@eclipse and @DehNutCase: thanks for the feedback, much appreciated. That Selena build is really interesting, but looks a bit costly to me (also if I ever get Karel I'll probably keep him as GBA nostalgia is a thing). Hence she's on hold, meanwhile Eliwood is rolling in Training Tower with my new 5* Anna though he can't really take phisical hits (and he knows it, good humble lord Eliwood).

Spoiler

Eliwood.thumb.jpg.0ff022c9c9bda60a93560cc8c490dccc.jpg

Edited by Orson

4 hours ago, Zero1000 said:

Thanks! I also have a skill related question.

Is Jagen still a good unit for Fortify Cavalry or should I transfer the skill to another unit? Currently my only candidate is Abel. (Eliwood too, but considering he gets Ward Cavalry already...)

For the most part, the Hone/Fortify Cavalry buff units won't be seeing as much combat, so Jagen is fine. For me personally though, I stuck Fortify Cavalry on Eldigan because he was the best option I had out of my team (Frederick has Hone Cavalry, Reinhardt has Goad Cavalry, and Gronnblade Cecilia needs to be the buff recipient, leaving only Eldigan to carry the buff).

Is is common knowledge that skills like Blazing Thunder apparently let you bypass Miracle? It makes sense and lets you get that kill in one round with one character. It probably has near zero practical use for high level play but I was surprised when I encountered this with Michalis in the Training Tower. Good luck replicating the scenario too...

1 minute ago, Locked Apple said:

Is is common knowledge that skills like Blazing Thunder apparently let you bypass Miracle? It makes sense and lets you get that kill in one round with one character. It probably has near zero practical use for high level play but I was surprised when I encountered this with Michalis in the Training Tower. Good luck replicating the scenario too...

I don't know if it's common knowledge, but I sure didn't know it before now :O

12 minutes ago, Locked Apple said:

It makes sense indeed: the skill discharge triggers Miracle, and the normal attack finishes off the enemy. Any double attack wil work, actually, if the first one hits the shield.

Just now, Vaximillian said:

It makes sense indeed: the skill discharge triggers Miracle, and the normal attack finishes off the enemy. Any double attack wil work, actually, if the first one hits the shield.

It was funny that Miracle didn't even get a chance to properly activate since the user was brought to 1hp already. CD was still 0 when the finishing blow was delivered.

Got way more excited about this than was probably reasonable. 

4 minutes ago, Locked Apple said:

It was funny that Miracle didn't even get a chance to properly activate since the user was brought to 1hp already. CD was still 0 when the finishing blow was delivered.

Got way more excited about this than was probably reasonable. 

Yes, it doesn't activate when the user is at 1 HP before the attack.

So I tried to use an IV calculator to find out what the +/- were for my level 40 Niles, and I think something is off...maybe its just a really bad Niles, but it said every stat was low other then his Res. I'm not use to using it, but maybe someone could help me?

4 Star Niles:

HP: 35

Atk: 25

Spd: 32

Def: 15

Res: 35

Those are his stats at level 40, did I just get unluck and have a - in everything lol, or? XD 

Thanks!

2 minutes ago, Dylan Corona said:

So I tried to use an IV calculator to find out what the +/- were for my level 40 Niles, and I think something is off...maybe its just a really bad Niles, but it said every stat was low other then his Res. I'm not use to using it, but maybe someone could help me?

4 Star Niles:

HP: 35

Atk: 25

Spd: 32

Def: 15

Res: 35

Those are his stats at level 40, did I just get unluck and have a - in everything lol, or? XD 

Thanks!

I'm not sure how accurate the stat calculator is for four stars. It might be worth pretending to promote him to see his level 1 five star stats and see if you get anything different.

3 minutes ago, Dylan Corona said:

Yours is a +Res, −Atk.
25 Atk − 5 Mt of a killer bow = 20 Atk which is his lower variant.

Edited by Vaximillian

4 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

I'm not sure how accurate the stat calculator is for four stars. It might be worth pretending to promote him to see his level 1 five star stats and see if you get anything different.

Oh, thats a good idea, let me try that haha. Smart thinking!

Edit: Ok, so I'm not sure if its still accurate haha, cause now the thing said high in everything almost XD.

Edited by Dylan Corona

4 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Yours is a +Res, −Atk.
25 Atk − 5 Mt of a killer bow = 20 Atk which is his lower variant.

Sorry for the double post, put I couldn't add this to the other edited post....sorry if this breaks a rule, someone could put them together that would help XD haha.

Really? Oh, I didn't think about the Bow adding Mt, duh. How did you figure out the Res + thing, cause it said it was low for me on the IV calculator lol. I'm asking so I can learn how to do this lol :P. Thanks.

2 minutes ago, Dylan Corona said:

Sorry for the double post, put I couldn't add this to the other edited post....sorry if this breaks a rule, someone could put them together that would help XD haha.

Really? Oh, I didn't think about the Bow adding Mt, duh. How did you figure out the Res + thing, cause it said it was low for me on the IV calculator lol. I'm asking so I can learn how to do this lol :P. Thanks.

PoqonTV.jpg

It matches your stats.

Just now, Vaximillian said:

PoqonTV.jpg

It matches your stats.

What are you using to check that? That seems way better then the site I was using. It said he lowest attack was 31, and not 20, so I thought what is going on, mine is 20 lol XD. Thanks so much.