"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

1 hour ago, Alexmender said:

The idea is to tank every ranged unit (Reinhardt/Veronica/Micaiah/Eir/stray raven tomes) thanks to her great mixed bulk. The question is which seal will benefit her more, Quick Riposte or another layer of Distant Defense? 

For added info, her teammates are Y!Azura, Ophelia, Lilina and Eir (Y!Azura or Eir will rotate depending on bonus units and season), which makes Faye the only tank in the team.

Distant Defense. With that team, damage output shouldn't be a concern, but ensuring she can take as much punishment as she can.

As an aside, unless you're really worried about Raven tomes, I'd go with Guard over Cancel Affinity. Even with TA Raven, you should be able to tank well enough if they don't have their Special.

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, DraceEmpressa said:

Which is better to train melee units, special trraining 4 maic (the armors) or 5 (the workout)? 

If the two of them are the only options, then Magic is better since you don't have to deal with ranged enemies that you can't counterattack, but Melee is still the best for training melee units.

5 hours ago, Alexmender said:

The idea is to tank every ranged unit (Reinhardt/Veronica/Micaiah/Eir/stray raven tomes) thanks to her great mixed bulk.

4 hours ago, Baldrick said:

As an aside, unless you're really worried about Raven tomes, I'd go with Guard over Cancel Affinity. Even with TA Raven, you should be able to tank well enough if they don't have their Special.

I agree. Raven tomes are not a huge threat, especially since you got two other nukes who can comfortably deal with them. I think Faye is better off with Guard or Quick Riposte on B slot. Making Faye deal with all ranged units is putting too much work onto one unit in my opinion.

I also recommend running Quick Riposte though on either the B slot or Sacred Seal slot; I think it is a bit risky to leave enemies alive on Enemy Phase in my opinion. Enemies at half health and below can summon Wings of Mercy teammates to be a huge pain in the ass. Even if you buff Faye with 6/6/6/6, without Quick Riposte to immediately finish off whoever attacks her, Faye is not going to survive two rounds of attack from unbuffed Celica and Ishtar if they have Wings of Mercy Dancer/Singer support. I would only skip Quick Riposte if you do not see Wings of Mercy often.

Sorry if this sounds odd, but I know that, when summoning, the units are already decided when the session starts. But what I'd like to know, is it known if the units rarity and Asset/Flaw are also decided ahead of time?

13 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

Sorry if this sounds odd, but I know that, when summoning, the units are already decided when the session starts. But what I'd like to know, is it known if the units rarity and Asset/Flaw are also decided ahead of time?

Rarity is decided with the character. It does not make sense to roll a Lyn and then roll its rarity to be 4*.

No sure about Assets and Flaws though.

1 minute ago, XRay said:

Rarity is decided with the character. It does not make sense to roll a Lyn and then roll its rarity to be 4*.

That I figured (though it'd be great if it were to become a thing next update, hinthint), though I was thinking most in terms of those heroes who are in the 3* and 4* pool, or more importantly the ones still in the 4* 5* shared pool.

26 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

That I figured (though it'd be great if it were to become a thing next update, hinthint), though I was thinking most in terms of those heroes who are in the 3* and 4* pool, or more importantly the ones still in the 4* 5* shared pool.

I am pretty sure rarity is the first thing the summoning system rolls, since each Orb has a 6% of being 5*, 58% for 4* and 36% for 3*. I do not believe you can get those nice round percentages if you roll the character first and then the rarity.

6 hours ago, Baldrick said:

Distant Defense. With that team, damage output shouldn't be a concern, but ensuring she can take as much punishment as she can.

1 hour ago, XRay said:

I agree. Raven tomes are not a huge threat, especially since you got two other nukes who can comfortably deal with them. I think Faye is better off with Guard or Quick Riposte on B slot. Making Faye deal with all ranged units is putting too much work onto one unit in my opinion.

I also recommend running Quick Riposte though on either the B slot or Sacred Seal slot; I think it is a bit risky to leave enemies alive on Enemy Phase in my opinion. Enemies at half health and below can summon Wings of Mercy teammates to be a huge pain in the ass. Even if you buff Faye with 6/6/6/6, without Quick Riposte to immediately finish off whoever attacks her, Faye is not going to survive two rounds of attack from unbuffed Celica and Ishtar if they have Wings of Mercy Dancer/Singer support. I would only skip Quick Riposte if you do not see Wings of Mercy often.

Thanks! I think I'll look into Quick Riposte on B and triple DD then. Guard sounds nice but I've been facing quite a few enemies with DB4 and they don't care about their specials at all rendering the skill useless for the most part.  

What do you think would be the best boon for a fully merged Leanne? I'm thinking it's likely Speed but if someone has a build idea that uses +atk or +res (hp or def I don't see happening but hey surprise me.)  I am all ears.

18 minutes ago, Silith13 said:

What do you think would be the best boon for a fully merged Leanne? I'm thinking it's likely Speed but if someone has a build idea that uses +atk or +res (hp or def I don't see happening but hey surprise me.)  I am all ears.

I'm curious too, but for low merges rather than high. I got a [+atk] and a [+res] Leanne. (They both have an HP flaw, but +1 will remove that anyway.)

So I had this weird -Atk+Def Legendary F!Robin since I began this account (since the Hrid banner). Originally she was in the flier team but Eir and bownoka cover the colourless slot much better. However, after the release of beast I got interested in her. I got a Tibarn and Naesla will be invested into (also I am at 4.50 pity rate at the beast banner) and she obviously is a good teammate for them. So how can I build her to have a solid enemy phase, considering that most beasts are player phase? So far she only has her base kit.

3 minutes ago, SuperNova125 said:

So I had this weird -Atk+Def Legendary F!Robin since I began this account (since the Hrid banner). Originally she was in the flier team but Eir and bownoka cover the colourless slot much better. However, after the release of beast I got interested in her. I got a Tibarn and Naesla will be invested into (also I am at 4.50 pity rate at the beast banner) and she obviously is a good teammate for them. So how can I build her to have a solid enemy phase, considering that most beasts are player phase? So far she only has her base kit.

33 Defence is okay. Not really something to write home about. 35 speed is high enough that Quick Reposte might not be the best use. Maybe a specific breaker skill like swordbreaker or bowbreaker since both of those are oft pretty fast. I think her C skill is fine on it's own. The A skill is a bit weird since she cannot use breath skills because she's flying. A good budget option would be Fury.

12 hours ago, Silith13 said:

11 hours ago, Tree said:

I'm curious too, but for low merges rather than high. I got a [+atk] and a [+res] Leanne. (They both have an HP flaw, but +1 will remove that anyway.)

You can use +Atk to let her fight/bait dragons. If you do not need her to fight, then +Spd would be the best to avoid as much doubles as possible.

4 hours ago, SuperNova125 said:

Expiration
(Any Assist)
Moonbow
Dragonskin
Quick Riposte — Guard
(Any C)
Close Def — Distant Def — Darting Stance — Quick Riposte

She needs Quick Riposte in order to double fast units, as 35 Spd is pretty slow. Even in the score ranges of 720-730, fast melee units hover around 40 Spd and that is with SP builds, so if you are running her as a Spd tank, she should at least reach around 40 Spd. If you are in lower score ranges, nukes with performance builds will only get faster. I would only skip Quick Riposte if you are pairing her with several M!Corrins or some other Drive support units.

Edited by XRay

11 minutes ago, XRay said:

You can use +Atk to let her fight/bait dragons. If you do not need her to fight, then +Spd would be the best to avoid as much doubles as possible.

I actually already merged into the [+res] one, because I decided survivability was most important. She does have high attack (44) for a singer when [+atk]. After merging she has 41 speed. Is that enough to avoid most doubles, or should I merge into a [+spd] one if I get another later? She has 37 resistance, so I gave her the attack ploy seal. I also added miracle. Should be able to safely charge it from magic users, and then survive one melee hit.

Just now, Tree said:

I actually already merged into the [+res] one, because I decided survivability was most important. She does have high attack (44) for a singer when [+atk]. After merging she has 41 speed. Is that enough to avoid most doubles, or should I merge into a [+spd] one if I get another later? She has 37 resistance, so I gave her the attack ploy seal. I also added miracle. Should be able to safely charge it from magic users, and then survive one melee hit.

+Res is fine too, and she can be a good Ploy user, just watch out for magic nukes like Celica and Ishtar though since they can break past her high Res.  41 Spd is enough to avoid doubles in the score ranges of around 720-730 and higher, but I do not think it is enough in the lower score ranges nor in Aether Raids since performance builds are more common there. Against performance builds, Spd tanks generally want around 45 Spd minimum as nukes can reach well over 50 Spd.

5 minutes ago, Flying Shogi said:

How does Felicia's Plate interact with Mystic Boost? Will Felicia attack the defending unit's Def or Res? 

Mystic Boost disables Felicia's Plate's ability to target the lower of Def or Res.

Mystic Boost:
"Disables foe's skills that "calculate damage using the lower of foe's Def or Res" and "calculate damage from staff like other weapons." Restores 6 HP after combat. "

Felicia's Plate:
"After combat, if unit attacked, inflicts Def/Res-7 on target and foes within 2 spaces through their next actions. Calculates damage using the lower of foe's Def or Res."

22 minutes ago, XRay said:

Mystic Boost disables Felicia's Plate's ability to target the lower of Def or Res.

Mystic Boost:
"Disables foe's skills that "calculate damage using the lower of foe's Def or Res" and "calculate damage from staff like other weapons." Restores 6 HP after combat. "

Felicia's Plate:
"After combat, if unit attacked, inflicts Def/Res-7 on target and foes within 2 spaces through their next actions. Calculates damage using the lower of foe's Def or Res."

So she's going to be targeting DEF since daggers are physical weapons.

2 minutes ago, Flying Shogi said:

So she's going to be targeting DEF since daggers are physical weapons.

Yep.

22 hours ago, Xenomata said:

It is physically impossible to tell whether assets and flaws are determined before or after summoning because both result in identical outcomes. There is an exactly 1 in 21 chance of getting each of the 21 possible combinations.

As for why, the only information we are given before we pull is the color, and color gives us additional information about the character, but not the nature. For example, there is a different probability of pulling Oboro if you pull red (0%) or blue (more than 0%), but because the distribution of assets and flaws is the exact same for every summoned character in the game, the color can't tell us anything about a pulled character's nature beforehand.

In other words, it's completely irrelevant whether it's determined before or after summoning because there is no way you can manipulate it.

@Ice Dragon Well yeah, but I wasn't actually asking for any practical reason. It was just one of those questions that I thought "I wonder if anyone's took the time to figure that out...?". I mean, if there were a way to manipulate Asset and Flaw distribution, I think we'd all have known long ago...

Anyways, time for a question with actual, practical purpose!

If Lene already has Sword Valor, is there any good reason to give it to Sky Olivia as well? I know she's a Flying Dancer and has all the mobility benefits of such, but is that really a good reason to have multiple Dancers with the same Valor skill...? Plus the units I train generally fall under 50% HP anyways, so WoM triggers anyway...

Also, I have three Lenes and at least two units who'd like a Safeguard+. The Lenes Asset/Flaws are [+Def -HP], [+Atk -Def], and [+Def -HP], so her defensive ability is hurt no matter what, but with the update coming in a month her Flaw won't matter if I give her a merge. So assuming I don't want to summon from Sword Valor banner anymore, AND assuming I want her to be the surprisingly defensive unit she can be, should I give her a merge to help her defensively, or take the defensive hit and let the two units have Safeguard+ at the same time? (I'm thinking of giving it to both Hinata and Luke, both [+Def -Res])

Edited by Xenomata

So I got a free Lene today. I already have her but both their IVs aren't ideal and don't really want to merge her since her weapon can be useful on other units.

The one I already got is +Atk/-Spd, the new one is +HP/-Res.

Which one is the better one? I know Spd is important for her which makes me think I should go for the second one, but +Atk is really useful too so I just don't know.

1 hour ago, Xenomata said:

If Lene already has Sword Valor, is there any good reason to give it to Sky Olivia as well? I know she's a Flying Dancer and has all the mobility benefits of such, but is that really a good reason to have multiple Dancers with the same Valor skill...? Plus the units I train generally fall under 50% HP anyways, so WoM triggers anyway...

A flying Dancer/Singer is much easier to use compared to an infantry Dancer/Singer, but the meager gain in convenience is not worth giving up on inheriting Safeguard or an extra merge on Lene in my opinion.

1 hour ago, Xenomata said:

Also, I have three Lenes and at least two units who'd like a Safeguard+. The Lenes Asset/Flaws are [+Def -HP], [+Atk -Def], and [+Def -HP], so her defensive ability is hurt no matter what, but with the update coming in a month her Flaw won't matter if I give her a merge. So assuming I don't want to summon from Sword Valor banner anymore, AND assuming I want her to be the surprisingly defensive unit she can be, should I give her a merge to help her defensively, or take the defensive hit and let the two units have Safeguard+ at the same time? (I'm thinking of giving it to both Hinata and Luke, both [+Def -Res])

It depends on your play style. For me, I do not use Enemy Phase units all that much and I frequently use my Dancers/Singers to tank and fight, so I prioritize merging them. However, if you only use Lene in Special Training Maps and Arena Assault, then I would just go with [+Atk, -Def] and give her Triangle Adept and Axe Breaker and inherit the other two copies. For Arena Assault, -Def is not a big deal since you can run Triangle Adept, and the +Atk is more important for dealing damage against green units.