"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

51 minutes ago, Flying Shogi said:

Does anyone know when LH!Azura and LH!Lucina will be back?

Assuming "LH" stands for "Legendary Hero" because fuck alphabet soup, @Johann's been nice enough to keep track of upcoming Legendary/Mythic Heroes in the Legendary Banner Expectations threads.

Both Legendary Lucina and Legendary Azura return at the end of March, making it a damned good time to pull for them if you want both.

21 minutes ago, Jotari said:

Is it Moonbow as in like the gesture or like the weapon/ribbon.

Neither; I am pretty sure Moonbow refers to lunar rainbow.

2 hours ago, Jotari said:

Is it Moonbow as in like the gesture or like the weapon/ribbon.

2 hours ago, XRay said:

As XRay says, it refers to a rainbow made from moonlight instead of sunlight. The Japanese used for the skill is 月虹 (gekkō), "moonbow", composed of the characters 月, "moon", and 虹, "rainbow".

Of particular note, it is a homophone with the Japanese for the Luna skill, 月光 (gekkō), "moonlight".

And completely unrelated, but if you noticed that the words above both look and sound like the English word "gecko", the Moonlight Gecko in Monster Hunter: World is called 月光ゲッコー (gekkō gekkō) in Japanese, forgoing the Japanese word for gecko, ヤモリ (yamori), for the transliteration from English, ゲッコー (gekkō), specifically to make the joke work.

8 hours ago, XRay said:

6 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

As XRay says, it refers to a rainbow made from moonlight instead of sunlight. The Japanese used for the skill is 月虹 (gekkō), "moonbow", composed of the characters 月, "moon", and 虹, "rainbow".

Of particular note, it is a homophone with the Japanese for the Luna skill, 月光 (gekkō), "moonlight".

And completely unrelated, but if you noticed that the words above both look and sound like the English word "gecko", the Moonlight Gecko in Monster Hunter: World is called 月光ゲッコー (gekkō gekkō) in Japanese, forgoing the Japanese word for gecko, ヤモリ (yamori), for the transliteration from English, ゲッコー (gekkō), specifically to make the joke work.

Well I was mostly curious about the pronunciation, that would make it sound like bow as in the weapon or ribbon (ie Bu-oh as opposed to Ba-ow) but moonbows are a fun thing to discover exist. These are the truly important things to know.

Edited by Jotari

Who are some good candidates for Null C-Disrupt? I have a spare Nailah and I'm trying to decide whether to merge her to get rid of mine first one's speed bane or to give Null C-Disrupt to someone. The candidates I have in mind so far are Joshua, Fjorm, Legendary Lyn, Libra, or one of the dragons. The problem is that Josh and Libra would need DC which I don't have any fodder for, L!Lyn would only be useful for ranged, and Fjorm would just be another blue. The dragons are more just that there are none that are easily mergable that I'm especially fond of.

1 hour ago, bottlegnomes said:

Who are some good candidates for Null C-Disrupt? I have a spare Nailah and I'm trying to decide whether to merge her to get rid of mine first one's speed bane or to give Null C-Disrupt to someone. The candidates I have in mind so far are Joshua, Fjorm, Legendary Lyn, Libra, or one of the dragons. The problem is that Josh and Libra would need DC which I don't have any fodder for, L!Lyn would only be useful for ranged, and Fjorm would just be another blue. The dragons are more just that there are none that are easily mergable that I'm especially fond of.

I would hold off on giving Distant Counter units Null C-Disrupt. I remember reading datamine info that they are releasing a skill that nullifies Close Counter and Distant Counter, so I would not give it to Distant Counter units just yet. If Null C/D Counter is restricted to infantry only or something, then I think Null C-Disrupt is somewhat okay for Distant Counter units. But if Null C/D Counter has less restrictions, then I do not think Null C-Disrupt is good on Distant Counter units, and I can only recommend Raven mages and ranged tanks like Faye for Null C-Disrupt.

If a melee unit is not running Distant Counter, I do not see the point in running Null C-Disrupt since melee Firesweep units are rare and easy to deal with.

Edited by XRay

22 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Assuming "LH" stands for "Legendary Hero" because fuck alphabet soup, @Johann's been nice enough to keep track of upcoming Legendary/Mythic Heroes in the Legendary Banner Expectations threads.

Both Legendary Lucina and Legendary Azura return at the end of March, making it a damned good time to pull for them if you want both.

Huh, didn't know that he also listed upcoming legendary heroes in addition to the one at the end of the current month. Thanks.

I'm not familiar with how easy Grails are to come by, but how often if ever do TT units reappear? GHBs seem to get frequent enough reruns, but I've little idea of the other. I ask since I realize I need a Red Armor, and I'd really like the Black Knight over just pulling a Draug or using Zephiel, but with only the starting quantity of Grail at hand, is there any chance I could obtain him in a different way?

25 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I'm not familiar with how easy Grails are to come by, but how often if ever do TT units reappear? GHBs seem to get frequent enough reruns, but I've little idea of the other. I ask since I realize I need a Red Armor, and I'd really like the Black Knight over just pulling a Draug or using Zephiel, but with only the starting quantity of Grail at hand, is there any chance I could obtain him in a different way?

With the exception of Masked Marth, we've only ever had Tempest Trials reward characters rerun a total of once so far, so it's likely never happening again now that grails are a thing.

53 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Masked Marth has had several reruns overall, but none recently. A few of the others got rerun all in the same special TT last year (5* Black Knight, 5* Joshua, 4* Arden, 4* Masked Marth, and another 4* unit I can't remember). They also had a special event where the entire player base  had to reach a quota of using certain types of units in battle. The quotas were obviously reached and they gave us a 4* Marisa, 4* Oliver, and one other 4* unit I think. That's it for TT reruns. So the max TT unit merges without grails are +3 Black Knight (one merge requires purchase), and +2 Arden, +2 Joshua, +2 Marisa. Masked Marth has the highest potential, but I don't know the number. (I think there is one other TT unit that can be +2, but I can't remember who it is.)

This was all before grails though.

You can also save grails and try for a Zelgius next time he is on a banner. He has Warp Powder instead of Wings of Mercy and has access to IVs. His neutral stats are much better than the Black Knight's stats: +2 attack, +3 defense, + 3 resistance, - 1 speed, - 2 hp. One copy of Zelgius is like having a Black Knight with several merges,

Edited by Tree

16 minutes ago, Tree said:

A few of the others got rerun all in the same special TT last year (5* Black Knight, 5* Joshua, 4* Arden, 4* Masked Marth, and another 4* unit I can't remember).

The Tempest Trials Chaos Named that started August 14 of last year reran 4-star Masked Marth, Tobin, Clive, and Arden and 5-star Black Knight and Joshua, who were the first six Tempest Trials rewards.

18 minutes ago, Tree said:

They also had a special event where the entire player base  had to reach a quota of using certain types of units in battle. The quotas were obviously reached and they gave us a 4* Marisa, 4* Oliver, and one other 4* unit I think.

The Heroic Feats event gave out 4-star copies of Hinata, Berkut, Marisa, and Oliver.

19 minutes ago, Tree said:

So the max TT unit merges without grails are +3 Black Knight (one merge requires purchase), and +2 Arden, +2 Joshua, +2 Marisa. Masked Marth has the highest potential, but I don't know the number. (I think there is one other TT unit that can be +2, but I can't remember who it is.)

Masked Marth can reach +8. The Black Knight can reach +3. Tobin, Clive, Arden, Joshua, and Marisa can reach +2. All others can reach +1.

@Interdimensional Observer

On 1/28/2019 at 10:48 AM, Ice Dragon said:

I was hoping Kliff would be in that banner too.. but now it might be Ophelia. 
(or my luck Niles, blocking the Lucina/Azura goodness :( )

Question for the group. Finally got a flying healer. (WOO). so I am thinking with Sakura - i don't like Speed Opening. and the fact that she's +atk,  i'd like to build into this. So 

A Slot Atk +3 (until I get Atk/Spd solo or something or a atk bond skill?) 
C slot - EVER Flier Buff and change it dependant on the team comp? (so Fortify, Goad, Ward (I finally got a second shigure), and Hone?
(I am waiting to see if Hinoka demotes before i decide to what to do with 4* Camilla)

12 hours ago, Landmaster said:

Would Smoke Dagger be good on Duck Elise?

If you want her to kill stuff, she should stick with Red Hot Ducks. As a support unit, her wielding Smoke Dagger feels a bit lacking; Smoke Dagger is not good for combat and HS!Else is outclassed by AOTB!Veronica in the mass debuffing role. If you really need more mass debuffers, I would give Smoke Dagger to another unit like Gaius or Matthew or something, since relegating HS!Elise to a debuffing role feels like a huge waste of her offensive stats.

1 hour ago, daisy jane said:

Question for the group. Finally got a flying healer. (WOO). so I am thinking with Sakura - i don't like Speed Opening. and the fact that she's +atk,  i'd like to build into this. So 

A Slot Atk +3 (until I get Atk/Spd solo or something or a atk bond skill?) 
C slot - EVER Flier Buff and change it dependant on the team comp? (so Fortify, Goad, Ward (I finally got a second shigure), and Hone?
(I am waiting to see if Hinoka demotes before i decide to what to do with 4* Camilla)

For most players, Attack +3 on the A slot of healers is more than sufficient. I would save Atk/Spd Solo for nukes who do not have access to Firesweep weapons, like mages and thieves, as they need the extra stats a lot more because if they do not kill an enemy in two hits, the enemy will counter attack and kill the nuke.

Bond skills are not good for Player Phase units because they need to break formation frequently to attack enemies.

Which flier buff you use is dependent on team composition, but generally Hone Fliers is the best. I would not waste fodder just to give her every flier buff though. Hone Fliers is the most valuable for buffing ranged nukes, especially Blade mages. Similarly, Fortify Fliers and Goad Fliers are valued for increasing the offensive power of Blade mages and ranged units in general respectively. Ward Fliers is the least valuable flier buff in my opinion, so I do not recommend running it unless you are using a full team of FV!F!Robins or something.

Edited by XRay

Thanks for the help the other day. I had another question: I tried to show my friend how to use sacred seals, but he showed me a screenshot where the sacred seals and forging materials didn’t show up in the top right corner of the home screen like they do for mine. Is there something he needs to do to unlock sacred seals that I did without noticing?

FDCC68A5-6504-4D41-9CD4-D5307599B9B4.jpeg

Edited by Alastor15243

2 hours ago, Alastor15243 said:

Thanks for the help the other day. I had another question: I tried to show my friend how to use sacred seals, but he showed me a screenshot where the sacred seals and forging materials didn’t show up in the top right corner of the home screen like they do for mine. Is there something he needs to do to unlock sacred seals that I did without noticing?

You need to finish "Intermission 1: A Power Awakens" under Story Maps.

EDIT: And refinements are unlocked by the other Intermission, The Rite of Blades.

Edited by Humanoid

Got 2 legendary Ikes today, for a total of 4. I want to merge two of them for a +1 Ike and use the other two for fodder. 

Natures are neutral, +DEF/-HP, +SPD/-ATK, +SPD/-DEF. 

I'm leaning towards a +SPD Ike +1, but I'm not sure yet. 

1 hour ago, mampfoid said:

Got 2 legendary Ikes today, for a total of 4. I want to merge two of them for a +1 Ike and use the other two for fodder. 

Go for +Def -HP. Ike does not really need Speed, and he does not like -Atk or -Def anyway.

1 hour ago, mampfoid said:

14 minutes ago, Azure the Scale Tipper said:

Go for +Def -HP. Ike does not really need Speed, and he does not like -Atk or -Def anyway.

He seems to do better with +Spd according to the calculator at all merge levels against Hard List enemies. If you debuff his Res by 4 and give him a Spur buff of 4 to his Spd to simulate Darting Breath, his performance improves even further.

I did not check his performance against Filtered Full List enemies with enemies [+5, +Spd, Moonbow, Fury], but since he performs better with +Spd on the Hard List, he is most likely going to perform better with +Spd too against the Filtered Full List.

Challenger List:

Spoiler

CHALLENGER LIST  
Ike (VL) (5* +spd)  
Weapon: Ragnell  
Special: Radiant Aether  
A: Warding Breath  
B: Quick Riposte 3  
C: Def Tactic 3  
S: Atk Spd Bond 3  

Ike (VL) (5* +def)  
S: Atk Def Bond 3  

Ike (VL) (5*+10 +spd)  
S: Atk Spd Bond 3  

Ike (VL) (5*+10 +def)  
S: Atk Def Bond 3 

14 minutes ago, Azure the Scale Tipper said:

and he does not like -Atk or -Def anyway.

Flaws do not really matter with the upcoming update. Flaws are eliminated with merging.

Edited by XRay

Just got a pity break Takumi, so CC fodder. I know this isn't as valuable as DC, and it'd probably just sit around doing nothing because I just can't commit something so rare, but who likes CC? -And to narrow it, I'm not interested in Seasonals, OCs, Awakening, or Fates characters.

10 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Just got a pity break Takumi, so CC fodder. I know this isn't as valuable as DC, and it'd probably just sit around doing nothing because I just can't commit something so rare, but who likes CC? -And to narrow it, I'm not interested in Seasonals, OCs, Awakening, or Fates characters.

Sophia, Boey, Merric, Matthew. Possibly Deirdre.

Edited by Ice Dragon