"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

11 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Dance buff skills now apply their buff before Prayer Wheel duplicates the buff.

So for example earth dance will give it's buff before dancing and then the wheel will give +5 to all stats?

Also How is this build for a pure defencive Legendary Robin?

Expiration

Reposition

Noontime 

Dragonscales

Quick riposte

Res smoke 

Atk smoke

She is +Def -Atk and I thought she would work as a nice tank (something desperately needed for my flying team and for many mixed teams).

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

51 minutes ago, SuperNova125 said:

So for example earth dance will give it's buff before dancing and then the wheel will give +5 to all stats?

The buff happens still after dancing, but Prayer Wheel's effect is now guaranteed to kick in after the buff activates. So yes, Azura with Prayer Wheel and Earth Dance will guarantee a minimum of +5 to all stats.

51 minutes ago, SuperNova125 said:

If you're using her as a dual phase unit, then I don't really see any problems. However, if you're planning on using her primarily on enemy phase, Smoke skills are not as useful.

Edited by Ice Dragon

4 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

This isn't a gameplay question, and IS could always mess with me, but how large have the gaps been for two banners from the same game/duology? Weren't there two FE4 banners last year?

I ask since in two days, the Micaiah & Sothe BHB banner rerun is happening, and I need Micaiah. But whether I also try for Sanaki is dependent on when the next Tellius banner is likely to be. I could likely hold back on an FE6-8, but if Jill or Haar or Ranulf comes around, I'll be forced to spend. And sorry Sanaki, but they take priority over you. So I need to conserve Orbs for that.

The gap could be a year or more. You can consult the release history of Foci here. For a specifically Archanea themed Focus, we recently had a Maria & Minerva's Battle Focus on February 2, 2019, and the last Archanea themed Focus is actually the same Focus back in October 11, 2017.

New Power Foci are not intentionally themed after a particular game, but units from the same game often get their Refinements together. If you include New Power Foci, then the gap is not too bad. The New Power Focus featuring Linde, Merric, Y!Tiki, and A!Tiki was released back in June 10, 2018. The New Power Focus featuring the White Wings was released back in December 13, 2018.

4 hours ago, SuperNova125 said:

Expiration

Reposition

Noontime 

Dragonscales

Quick riposte

Res smoke 

Atk smoke

She is +Def -Atk and I thought she would work as a nice tank (something desperately needed for my flying team and for many mixed teams).

I recommend Moonbow so she can kill her foe instead of restoring HP. Killing your foe helps prevent other foes' Wings of Mercy from activating and by extension keeping your units safe. If you really want her to have sustainability, it is better to offload the healing to Eir or a healer.

I would also run Atk/Def Bond or Distant Def on the Sacred Seal Slot to make her tankier.

Edited by XRay

8 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

When is the new Tempest starting?  I thought I saw it mentioned in the announcements, but now can't find it.

I seem to remember reading Feb 10th (or Feb 9th at 11 pm PST), however I can't seem to find any source on such a claim...

12 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

I seem to remember reading Feb 10th (or Feb 9th at 11 pm PST), however I can't seem to find any source on such a claim...

I suppose that's not too bad.  I was hoping for tomorrow to get my Titania early, but Sunday's better than a week from now, if you remember correctly.

36 minutes ago, XRay said:

The gap could be a year or more. You can consult the release history of Foci here. For a specifically Archanea themed Focus, we recently had a Maria & Minerva's Battle Focus on February 2, 2019, and the last Archanea themed Focus is actually the same Focus back in October 11, 2017.

Thank you for the history page!

As for the most relevant thing I was looking for there, Jugdral's Gen 2 banner last year was May 5th for the starting date, the later Gen 1 banner was September 7th. So four months. I'll be able to let loose presumably then for a Sanaki and rebuild a few hundred Orbs before another Tellius New Heroes. -There was the Thracia 776 banner only one month before the Gen 2, but I'd doubt that would count with Tellius. Please FEH don't give me anything too tempting in the meanwhile.

Speaking of Jugdral. What is the ideal nature for Aghasura Cannon?- You may better know him as Ares. My current 4* in use is +Atk/-HP, so I guess I could do better on the flaw front at least. I'm more curious what the ideal Boon is for him whenever I get more of him. That way I'll know which I should upgrade from an Ares 70 to an Ares 90.

Also, whenever I get more Caedas, I'd like to know what is ideal for her. I get the sense -Res is best since there aren't Cavalry Breaths, and CC units should be rare. But what is the best Boon?

59 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Speaking of Jugdral. What is the ideal nature for Aghasura Cannon?- You may better know him as Ares. My current 4* in use is +Atk/-HP, so I guess I could do better on the flaw front at least. I'm more curious what the ideal Boon is for him whenever I get more of him. That way I'll know which I should upgrade from an Ares 70 to an Ares 90.

Also, whenever I get more Caedas, I'd like to know what is ideal for her. I get the sense -Res is best since there aren't Cavalry Breaths, and CC units should be rare. But what is the best Boon?

Ares runs [+Atk, -Res] for pretty much all of his builds since his weapon is designed for one-hit kills. His Flaw is largely irrelevant after the first round of combat, however, but you typically want to avoid -Def since it weakens his Bonfire.

Caeda is optimally [+Atk, -Def] if you are running Ploy skills or [+Atk, -Res] if you are not. +Atk beats +Spd in most circumstances, with the gap being larger the higher your buff advantage is.

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

-HP is ideal if you are going for a Distant Counter-Vantage build, as the -HP makes it easier to reach Vantage range. Sadly, ideal Flaws get eliminated once you merge, so I would not worry too much about Flaws in general. Ares does not hit the crazy Atk numbers that Laevatein can, but he is up there with regular Blade mages. I am assuming units got VS!Azura with Hone Attack 4.
+Atk
Mystletain
(Any Assist)
Bonfire
Distant Counter
Vantage
(Any C)
Brazen Atk/Def
Laevatein: 101 = 40Atk + 19Mt + 7Brazen + 7Bonus + 28Combat
Blade Mage: Atk+55 = Atk + 13Mt + 7Brazen + 7Bonus + 28Combat
Odin got 25 Atk and +1 Mt from exclusive Weapon so he can reach a total of 81 Atk. On the other side of the spectrum, Ophelia got 41 Atk and can reach a total of 96 Atk.
Ares: 92 =39Atk + 16Mt + 7Brazen + 7Bonus + 23Bonfire
23Bonfire = 0.5 * ( 33Def + 7Brazen + 7Bonus ); You can also replace Bonfire with Luna, but Luna is only better if the foe has 46+ Def.

Another option is to get a [+Spd, -HP/Def/Res] copy and go for a semi invincible build with Miracle.
+Spd
Dark Mystletain
(Any Assist)
Miracle
Life and Death (I think Brazen Atk/Spd might work, but it might be more difficult setting it up.)
Mystic Boost
Threaten Def — (I think any C also works too; the video went with Threaten Def, so I assume that is generally the most useful.)
Heavy Blade

Ares can also Special spam, but is not as good at it compared to Ophelia in my opinion since he got only 1 Rng:
+Atk
Dark Mystletain
Reposition
Blazing Light
Life and Death — Fury 4*
Chill Def — (Any B)
(Any C)
Hardy Bearing
Fury 4 helps summon Wings of Mercy allies.

If you find the above three builds too gimicky, then a regular Player Phase build also works.
+Spd
Dark Mystletain
Reposition
Bonfire — Luna — Ignis*
(Any A that boosts Atk/Spd)
Desperation
(Any C)
Speed +3 — Atk/Spd — Brazen Atk/Def
Bonfire/Luna is guaranteed to charge after combat if Bonfire/Luna is activated during combat. Ignis is a little more tricky as it requires Ares to double for it to work.

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

The consensus is that +Atk is her best Asset. Again, I would not worry about -Res too much since merging eliminates it. Her build is generally something along the following:
+Atk
Wing Sword [Special]
Reposition
Moonbow — Iceberg*
(Any A that boosts Atk/Spd)
Desperation
Def Ploy — (Any C)
Atk/Spd — Brazen Atk/Def — Brazen Atk/Res — Def Ploy
Iceberg is great for first round combat, but it is harder to activate once she gets into Desperation range.

Edited by XRay

24 minutes ago, XRay said:

If you find the above three builds too gimicky, then a regular Player Phase build also works.

Why would you run +Spd on a build designed to one-hit kill?

Wrath builds on fast units have the excuse of increasing first-round performance, but with Ares's low Spd, that doesn't really play a factor.

28 minutes ago, XRay said:

The consensus is that +Atk is her best Asset. Again, I would not worry about -Res too much since merging eliminates it. Her build is generally something along the following:

Def Ploy.

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

Why would you run +Spd on a build designed to one-hit kill?

Wrath builds on fast units have the excuse of increasing first-round performance, but with Ares's low Spd, that doesn't really play a factor.

His low Spd is still salvageable in high scoring Arena and PvE content where the Spd race is not that competitive.

2 minutes ago, XRay said:

His low Spd is still salvageable in high scoring Arena and PvE content where the Spd race is not that competitive.

On the other hand, the high Arena is the land of enemies with way more Def than they need to have.

And annoying things like Wary Fighter.

Edited by Ice Dragon

4 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

On the other hand, the high Arena is the land of enemies with way more Def than they need to have.

And annoying things like Wary Fighter.

That is true. I think units still have something to gain by reaching around 40 Spd to prevent doubles from non armor units and maybe double non-Wary Fighter foes if they got enough Spd buffs.

6 hours ago, Rezzy said:

I suppose that's not too bad.  I was hoping for tomorrow to get my Titania early, but Sunday's better than a week from now, if you remember correctly.

Maybe you saw the new event calendar already, but yep the next TT will be Feb 9th at 11 pm PST.

18 minutes ago, Nanima said:

If one were able to choose between an Atk or Spd boon for Ryouma, which one should be picked?

If you have the resources to get Ryoma to a Spd level so high that he just doubles everything (think what they made Valentine Ike), then +Spd will help him edge into that. You can also go for +Spd if you want to replace Raijinto with a more PP oriented sword, or if you'd like to simply avoid being doubled.

Otherwise, I'd pick +Atk. He is decently fast, but as a DC sword unit he's among the weakest of them, and without investment his Spd will not ever be high enough to get doubles, simply avoid most of them. I'd put QR3 (or QR2 if you're on a budget) on him to solve the speed issue and let him handle it from there.

Edited by Xenomata

31 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

If you have the resources to get Ryoma to a Spd level so high that he just doubles everything (think what they made Valentine Ike), then +Spd will help him edge into that. You can also go for +Spd if you want to replace Raijinto with a more PP oriented sword, or if you'd like to simply avoid being doubled.

Otherwise, I'd pick +Atk. He is decently fast, but as a DC sword unit he's among the weakest of them, and without investment his Spd will not ever be high enough to get doubles, simply avoid most of them. I'd put QR3 (or QR2 if you're on a budget) on him to solve the speed issue and let him handle it from there.

I mean, Spd is puts him at 38, or 39 for me since he already has a few merges. That's without support, so he'd go even higher on the right teams. Yeah, I think I know what I am going with. 

Thanks.

I just pulled a neutral W!Eirika from the new banner and so have two questions.

Her stats at Lv1 are:

HP ATK SPD DEF RES
18 10 6 8 10

Would I be correct in assuming a merge would give her +1 HP, Atk and Res?

Also, I already have a +Spd/-Def W!Eirika (the worst IVs she can have). I'm going to merge them either way because I've invested heavily in the latter, so which one should I keep?

Thanks in advance!

Just looking for advice on which LA!Roy to use as a merge base- +Def/-HP or +Res/-HP?

I mean really he shouldn't be getting hit with a Brave Bow but if in case I give him Guard Bow or something would the higher Res stat be more useful overall?

Alternatively, is there an archer that can use Gratia well? (Maybe Faye but I don't have her...the only defensive archer I have is Leon I guess)

Edited by mcsilas

1 hour ago, DefyingFates said:

I just pulled a neutral W!Eirika from the new banner and so have two questions.

Her stats at Lv1 are:

HP ATK SPD DEF RES
18 10 6 8 10

Would I be correct in assuming a merge would give her +1 HP, Atk and Res?

Also, I already have a +Spd/-Def W!Eirika (the worst IVs she can have). I'm going to merge them either way because I've invested heavily in the latter, so which one should I keep?

Thanks in advance!

Yes, the new merge update adds +3 to the neutral units 3 highest stats, which in this case are indeed HP, Atk, and Res.

I'd honestly keep the Neutral. If you merge into +Spd, all that'll happen is that you'll have neutral in all of her other stats and 3 higher speed, which is completely useless to her. At least Neutral you have a very small boost in her 2 more important stats if you can't have an asset in them.

1 hour ago, mcsilas said:

Just looking for advice on which LA!Roy to use as a merge base- +Def/-HP or +Res/-HP?

I mean really he shouldn't be getting hit with a Brave Bow but if in case I give him Guard Bow or something would the higher Res stat be more useful overall?

Alternatively, is there an archer that can use Gratia well? (Maybe Faye but I don't have her...the only defensive archer I have is Leon I guess)

I personally would go with +Res. Magic users are a lot more common in Arena than bows and daggers are, from my experience anyways.

Gratia is somewhat situational to be honest. It's a good effect, but situational. At least with a Guard Bow set you're always going to be beefy against ranged units no matter what kind of crap they try to throw at you, while with Gratia you would have a feasible counter to Legendary Azura's powerful Prayer Wheel effect, but you'd still have a set that is waiting for enemy ranged units to be receiving Field Buffs. I'd go with the merge, so Roy can get his HP patched up for tanking.

Edited by Xenomata

Still waiting on my final copy to get to +10, but I figure I may as well start building now. My question is mainly on whether it'd be folly to try to build dual-phase Palla given her so-so statline. That said, she will pretty much always been on a flier team, so a Hone and some Goads are pretty much assured. My incumbent red flier is +HP Elincia +1 so it's not a high bar to clear. So with that in mind, do I:

1) Keep it simple, make her a straight one-for-one replacement for Elincia as a player-phase assassin with Death Blow, Hit and Run. And would I go for +Atk for the guaranteed damage or +Spd for the possibility of quadding?

2) Go for a compromise mixed-phase build hopefully retaining good player phase killing potential but also making use of her superior defensive stats. Not as sure about the skills here, assuming Fury+QR as a baseline but there are a lot of newer fancier skills I'm not too familiar with and happy to take suggestions. Even have DC but not sure she has the stats to make that sacrifice.

Edited by Humanoid

I have three Dancing Elincia with the following natures: +Res/-Spd, +Def/-Res, +Hp/-Spd. Which one should I use as a base? Will she benefit from a boon more than another? And should I keep one as a fodder for Cloud Maiougi? I know Hotsprings Hinoka's Splashy Buckets is superior, but I have no plans of pulling her at the moment...

I also pulled a Valentine soren who is +Atk/-Res. Since his defenses aren't that good I wanted to replace his weapon with something else. What could I go for? A Bladetome?

9 hours ago, Humanoid said:

Still waiting on my final copy to get to +10, but I figure I may as well start building now. My question is mainly on whether it'd be folly to try to build dual-phase Palla given her so-so statline. That said, she will pretty much always been on a flier team, so a Hone and some Goads are pretty much assured. My incumbent red flier is +HP Elincia +1 so it's not a high bar to clear. So with that in mind, do I:

How you build her mostly depends on what your team needs. I assume she will be running a Refined Whitewing Blade.

If the team got a really strong blues flier, like ASS!Camilla, then I would go with Distant Counter for Palla so she can shut down all greens.

1) Keep it simple, make her a straight one-for-one replacement for Elincia as a player-phase assassin with Death Blow, Hit and Run. And would I go for +Atk for the guaranteed damage or +Spd for the possibility of quadding?

+Atk is better if you just want to use her right away when the battle starts. Quad attacking is better if you are willing to sacrifice a bit of her first round performance to set it up; if you are going for the quad attacking build, she will need Desperation.

2) Go for a compromise mixed-phase build hopefully retaining good player phase killing potential but also making use of her superior defensive stats. Not as sure about the skills here, assuming Fury+QR as a baseline but there are a lot of newer fancier skills I'm not too familiar with and happy to take suggestions. Even have DC but not sure she has the stats to make that sacrifice.

If you are running Fury, I would run Desperation instead. If she is running Quick Riposte, she can work on either phase for her first round of combat, but she can not sustain Enemy Phase performance due to Fury. With Desperation, her first round combat as an Enemy Phase unit is not the best, but after the first round her Player Phase is sustainable not matter how much Fury drops her HP due to Desperation.

For Distant Counter, she would mostly be shutting down greens, so I would go with Quick Riposte.

1 hour ago, Yukiko said:

I have three Dancing Elincia with the following natures: +Res/-Spd, +Def/-Res, +Hp/-Spd. Which one should I use as a base? Will she benefit from a boon more than another?

+Res so she can tank blue mages and have an option to run Ploys.

1 hour ago, Yukiko said:

And should I keep one as a fodder for Cloud Maiougi? I know Hotsprings Hinoka's Splashy Buckets is superior, but I have no plans of pulling her at the moment...

If you have problems with dragons, then I would save one for fodder. If you already have a reliable way of dealing with dragons without any issues, then there is no point keeping Cloud Maiougi around.

For me personally, I would not bother with Cloud Maiougi or any dragon effective Weapon. I have no issues with dragons since I either nuke them to death with Laevatein/Blade tomes, or I shut them down with Firesweep Bow.

1 hour ago, Yukiko said:

I also pulled a Valentine soren who is +Atk/-Res. Since his defenses aren't that good I wanted to replace his weapon with something else. What could I go for? A Bladetome?

Blade tomes are almost always the answer for mages that do not have good Def.