"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

(I started my own topic but I just saw this as well so I thought I would post here in addition).

Hello everyone, new to the forum and game but like it so far and would like to get some friendly advice.

At this point I have been playing consistently since it came out but didn't re-roll to start because I didn't really think about it or know much about the game. At this point I do have a couple of 4*s(Sakura, Caeda, Henry, Tharja, and Arthur) but no 5*s to speak of. I was wondering if it would be better to just start over and try to get a 5* or just continue onward with what I have and try and upgrade some 4*'s to 5?

I also have linked my nintendo acct already so am not sure how that would work with trying to re-roll? Any advice is greatly appreciated

Thanks!

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ultimately, it's up to you. Is it worth it redoing everything you did and spending time to reroll? If the answer is yes, delete your data and reroll. If it's too much of a hassle, keep doing what you're doing now. A 5 star is good, but for most things, 4 stars can accomplish almost as much as 5's. Unless you want to be really competitive in the Arena and rank high, then I'd suggest you reroll if you don't want to spend too much. 

7 minutes ago, Thany said:

I looked at my Faes poses and her skill activation picture is her using wings.... but then i noticed my fae doesnt HAVE any skill activation abilities... so im wondering.... is that picture and quote going to go unused? or is there another way to activate it during battle?

I'm guessing that all characters have portraits for everything just in case more things are added later. In the meantime, you can enjoy the cute picture even if you don't get to see it in battle yet.

4 minutes ago, Strider said:

(I started my own topic but I just saw this as well so I thought I would post here in addition).

Hello everyone, new to the forum and game but like it so far and would like to get some friendly advice.

At this point I have been playing consistently since it came out but didn't re-roll to start because I didn't really think about it or know much about the game. At this point I do have a couple of 4*s(Sakura, Caeda, Henry, Tharja, and Arthur) but no 5*s to speak of. I was wondering if it would be better to just start over and try to get a 5* or just continue onward with what I have and try and upgrade some 4*'s to 5?

I also have linked my nintendo acct already so am not sure how that would work with trying to re-roll? Any advice is greatly appreciated

Thanks!

You certainly can restart to reroll if you want; you would just need to delete data in addition to uninstalling/reinstalling the game. Do note that you cannot redeem My Nintendo rewards twice (like the 10 free orbs), so if you already redeemed any of those, you won't be able to again. And obviously if you've spent any money to buy orbs, those would also be gone.

Aside from that, it ends up being a matter of whether or not you would mind resetting the progress you've put into the game so far, which is something you have to decide for yourself.

My 4*** Hawkeye has 300 SP right now, wondering if it would be better to give him Growing Light or Threaten Atk 2+3 (the last skills he has left to get). Both seem like pretty good options and Threaten Attack seems a little more useful, but getting GL out of the way would make it easier to get the TA2 than it would be to get GL last so IDK man.

Edited by BANRYU

52 minutes ago, BANRYU said:

My 4*** Hawkeye has 300 SP right now, wondering if it would be better to give him Growing Light or Threaten Atk 2+3 (the last skills he has left to get). Both seem like pretty good options and Threaten Attack seems a little more useful, but getting GL out of the way would make it easier to get the TA2 than it would be to get GL last so IDK man.

Normally I'd say go for the passive skills, but I find GL's area upgrade really good and useful, plus like you said you can get TA2 sooner than getting TA 2 & 3 and going for GL afterwards :).

5 minutes ago, Birdy said:

Normally I'd say go for the passive skills, but I find GL's area upgrade really good and useful, plus like you said you can get TA2 sooner than getting TA 2 & 3 and going for GL afterwards :).

Thanks man sounds good!

Also, when restarting/deleting the data and whatnot, I assume you lose all registered friends and need to make them again, right

EDIT @Birdy okay yeah stupid question lol. 

Edited by BANRYU

1 minute ago, BANRYU said:

Thanks man sounds good!

Also, when restarting/deleting the data and whatnot, I assume you lose all registered friends and need to make them again, right

You're welcome! I always enjoy discussing about optimal skills and such =).

I believe so, can't imagine it would keep your friends list if you delete all the data xD.

On 2/4/2017 at 0:36 PM, Magician Lugh said:

About the My Nintendo Awards, I'm still trying to get my in game 10 orbs. It says that the orbs have been sent to my game's Present List but it has not shown up there. I'm not sure if me re-rolling my draws has affected this or not. I did link my My Nintendo account during one of these re-rolls but I only redeemed the award when I was satisfied with my roll.

How do you delete the game data? I went to Account Management but I only see FAQ, Create/Link a Nintendo account, and Link later.

At this point, I don't think I will be getting the 10 orbs or just anything from My Nintendo account. I suspect that me not deleting the data in my earlier rerolling attempts(only uninstalling and reinstalling) might the be suspect. So I'm trying to start over and delete the data and reinstalling the app. 

51 minutes ago, Magician Lugh said:

How do you delete the game data? I went to Account Management but I only see FAQ, Create/Link a Nintendo account, and Link later. 

That's strange because, in order to delete the game data, you just need to go to Misc., then account management and choose "Delete all Data". Also, FAQ should be in a totally different section(which is FAQ/Etc).

I'm not sure if this is the right place for it, but can someone help me with a Arena team with my current units? 

http://m.imgur.com/ZSv3kD0

I'm f2p for now and almost runing out of orbs (only lunatic and the end of Hard mode left).

was almost thinking of re-rolling. but I'd rather not unless I really need better units.

3 minutes ago, Chopstixzz said:

I'm not sure if this is the right place for it, but can someone help me with a Arena team with my current units? 

http://m.imgur.com/ZSv3kD0

I'm f2p for now and almost runing out of orbs (only lunatic and the end of Hard mode left).

was almost thinking of re-rolling. but I'd rather not unless I really need better units.

You're all Physical, so you may want to swap in Tiki in place of Gordin or even Effie, since I'm not sure how good she is.  You could also switch out Roy, but I hear 5* Roy is pretty decent.

29 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

You're all Physical, so you may want to swap in Tiki in place of Gordin or even Effie, since I'm not sure how good she is.  You could also switch out Roy, but I hear 5* Roy is pretty decent.

Tiki is just the adult 4 star though. I think I have some decent units for going through actual game content but the really arena has it's favorites now. Like I said, I'd rather not re-roll but with my luck I'd rather wait for new banner heroes.

4 minutes ago, Thany said:

there could be a thread for arena unit suggestions. i got no defence wins so asking what i could do for my team would be swell.

Yes! I couldn't find any at least. Would be helpful. As for defence, I've heard people baiting others with putting a less dangerous looking unit in your first slot with your powerhouses hidden in the other slots.

8 minutes ago, YueLiang said:

Tharja's ability says "Adds total bonuses on unit to damage dealt." So why doesn't this seem to work with Robin's Spur Def 1 which reads "Grants adjacent allies Def+2 during combat."

Can you outline the chain of events you see?  I have an idea of what you're asking, but I'm not sure.

6 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Can you outline the chain of events you see?  I have an idea of what you're asking, but I'm not sure.

I tested with Sharena's "Fortify Def" which successfully added damage for Tharja. Then I tested with Robin's "Spur Def" by checking the damage Tharja would do standing adjacent to Robin and standing not adjacent to Robin, and it made no difference. To check that "Spur Def" was actually working, I took damage adjacent to Robin and not adjacent to Robin, and it did reduce the damage taken.

Edited by YueLiang

Anyone have an idea on the formula for Rehabilitate (from Lissa and Wrys)? Its effect is: "Restores 7 HP or more the further below 50% the target's HP is. Slows Special Trigger (cooldown count+1)." Anything below 20% HP (for my units which mostly have HP around 20~25 at the moment) has been a full heal so far, while something like 45% HP adds around 2 health.

49 minutes ago, YueLiang said:

I tested with Sharena's "Fortify Def" which successfully added damage for Tharja. Then I tested with Robin's "Spur Def" by checking the damage Tharja would do standing adjacent to Robin and standing not adjacent to Robin, and it made no difference. To check that "Spur Def" was actually working, I took damage adjacent to Robin and not adjacent to Robin, and it did reduce the damage taken.

Might be the Spur mechanics, which have a different trigger rate.  Since Odin's far away from that weapon, I can't help you further.  Sorry!

44 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Would this thread merit a pinning, since there's a similar thing in other sections?

I don't think it's necessary, since it gets bumped so darn often.  Another mod might disagree, if they wander in here.  I think the pinned section is getting really cluttered.

17 hours ago, Birdy said:

Nope, you have to give them SP by feeding them duplicates. That's the only way for now at lvl.40. (My Lucina is 300 short of Aether at lvl.40 ;_;)

After testing, they actually still get SP by killing enemies. At least when they kill the level 40 enemies. Not sure if lower level still works.

Hi all, started another thread but only one answered so looks like this is the better place to ask:

1. I currently have a team of Camilla, Lucina, Kagero and Raven (all 5*). So Green x 2, Red, and Grey. Should I be using Gems to get a Blue in there? I used 20 orbs to try and get one and got Raven (before that the team was a 4* Jeorge instead of Raven, so two Greys instead of two Green). I do have a 4* Odin as my sole Blue that is above 2* but he doesn't seem much good to me (I am open to being told I am wrong!)

2. Raven aside (level 17) they are all level 25+. As they are 5* already, do I just keep levelling them up and don't touch anything else with them? They have skills unlocked, though not all are up graded fully, do I just work on using the characters so I can get the SP to max all the skills?

3. Speaking of skills, do they change at all? Should i save SP therefore, or just use them to unlock skills as soon as I have enough?

4. I don't understand merging Allies at all, sorry. Like I got 2 x Donnel's from the Special Maps today. They are both 2* silver. Is there any use to these two troops at all? Also I have a 3* Odin as well as my 4*, can I do anything there to help Odin?

Thanks very much in advance :-)

1- Why someone would bother to do the "character of the day - special quest" to get a 2*? Would be interesting to farm multiple of the same and mass merge them for op stats?!

2- My party right now has:

5* Sheena (armored unit/Buff)

5* Jakob (tanky ninja/buff)

4* Tharja (Mage/Need Buffs to increase dmg)

5* Takumi (No buff to the party)

Ok...I think my team is all over the place (but hell it´s my luck in this gacha so...) and i want some opinions...Would i continue with this party and put Tharja at 5*?! Sheena is kind of a problem, armored units have 1 move...But she is a beast =/

Would trade Tharja for something else be better?! If it is, what could be good then?

Tks o/