"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

1 minute ago, Dylan Corona said:

What are you using to check that? That seems way better then the site I was using. It said he lowest attack was 31, and not 20, so I thought what is going on, mine is 20 lol XD. Thanks so much.

The calculator at the FE Heroes Wiki. I'm not sure how accurate their data are, but at least they are trying.

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok can someone explain the math behind this:

I was doing 10:th stratum training tower. I placed Robin with 36 life & 32 defence to tank dmg from (uncharged) Kagero with like 42 attack. Got 1 shotted.

I understand that Kagero is effective against infantry. But still, Robin has more speed and is super tanky. How is this possible?

4 minutes ago, mightYXu said:

I was doing 10:th stratum training tower. I placed Robin with 36 life & 32 defence to tank dmg from (uncharged) Kagero with like 42 attack. Got 1 shotted.

I understand that Kagero is effective against infantry. But still, Robin has more speed and is super tanky. How is this possible?

You answered your own question. Kagero's effectiveness against infantry is a lot more lethal than you'd expect; she can one-shot nearly any unit that isn't armored or on a horse (flying or otherwise). 

EDIT: It's hard to give a precise answer without knowing all of the skills she had, as well as her allies' skills. She might have had something like Life and Death or Death Blow, for example, and her allies could have had, say, Spur Attack. 

Edited by MaskedAmpharos

11 minutes ago, mightYXu said:

Which Robin was it? If the Robin didn't use a raven tome, a 46 Atk Kagero would one-shot them (46 × 1.5 = 69; 69 − 32 = 37; 37 − 36 = −1).

Was she buffed?

Edited by Vaximillian

22 hours ago, Elieson said:

This is what I was planning to get to; Eliwood will hit like an truck if he gives himself an innate +10 Atk before other buffs like Horse Emblem stuff, on top of his respectable str stat and relatively safe speed. Granted, there's still better reds, and it requires the drop of Fury, but the innate 20 weapon-based mt on player phase before skills is neat to merge with that +6 plus Hone/Goad Cavalry. Doesn't really work for much else though since Eliwood is so Average

I like how we have the same idea for him.

But man, Hawkeye, why didn't you learn DB3 at 4*!? Why! So close yet so far.

9 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

You answered your own question. Kagero's effectiveness against infantry is a lot more lethal than you'd expect; she can one-shot nearly any unit that isn't armored or on a horse (flying or otherwise). 

EDIT: It's hard to give a precise answer without knowing all of the skills she had, as well as her allies' skills. She might have had something like Life and Death or Death Blow, for example, and her allies could have had, say, Spur Attack. 

Hmm, guess i need to read those abc skills more carefully.

So with the reward from the Michalis event being 5000 feathers I will have enough to upgrade someone again.

Do I spend it on Raven (no boon/bane) or do I use it on Henry so I can give Sanaki raudrraven+?

Making Sanaki broken would be fun, she turned super useful with just swordbreaker, but I don't have any other good axe users aside from Raven so that might be better utility. 

1 hour ago, Eleanore said:

So with the reward from the Michalis event being 5000 feathers I will have enough to upgrade someone again.

Do I spend it on Raven (no boon/bane) or do I use it on Henry so I can give Sanaki raudrraven+?

Making Sanaki broken would be fun, she turned super useful with just swordbreaker, but I don't have any other good axe users aside from Raven so that might be better utility. 

I don't think Sanaki will benefit from Rauorraven. To begin with, super effectiveness against cavalry isn't as valuable for Red, because Green Cavalry all have poor Res to begin with. Also, Cymbeline has better Might, too. If the overlap with her own Hone Attack bothers you, you can give her a different Hone/Fortify instead, which is a better idea imo.

Were you perhaps thinking of Rauorblade, the actual broken tome?

I'm dumb. But I still think personal tomes are better than what the generics have to offer.

There's always Anna and Sharena to promote. Anna's a Bonus Hero this time too, and imo she's better than Raven. But if you don't want to bother training her, promoting Raven is fine.

Edited by SatsumaFSoysoy

16 hours ago, Lushen said:

Yes.  The +spd will help him not get doubled and if you ever make a calvary team its possible to push his speed up to attacking 4x.

With +6 Spd from Hone Cavalry, among the vanilla A+ or higher character, you can double attack -Spd Lilina, -Spd Ephraim, -Spd Chrom, -Spd Hector, =Spd Effie with Wary Fighter broken, and all Reinhardt.

With +10 Spd from Hone Cavalry and 1 stack of Goad Cavalry, you can double attack =Spd variants of all the -Spd variants above, =Spd Julia, -Spd Robin, -Spd Abel, -Spd Camilla, -Spd Nowi, and +Spd Effie with Wary Fighter broken.

Honestly, I don't think it's worth trying.

17 hours ago, Argly902 said:

-hp probably sucks though, although ideally he shouldn't be taking hits.

Reinhardt shouldn't be taking hits on an offense team, so -HP shouldn't matter too much. In my last two weeks of using Reinhardt, I've only needed to have him take hits on two occasions.

Does level affect the amount of SP gained when merging allies?

Ex.) If I merge a level 1 Nino with a level 10 Nino, and I get a certain amount of SP, will I get the same amount of SP if I merge a level 40 Nino with a level 10 Nino?

Edited by Tragonight

11 minutes ago, Tragonight said:

Does level affect the amount of SP gained when merging allies?

Ex.) If I merge a level 1 Nino with a level 10 Nino, and I get a certain amount of SP, will I get the same amount of SP if I merge a level 40 Nino with a level 10 Nino?

SP gained from merging only depends on the rarity of the sacrifice and the number of merge levels on the sacrifice (each merge level on the sacrifice counts as another copy of the sacrifice). Level makes no difference.

My offense for this season will definitely include Ninian, and I'll probably just slot her in place of Sharena in the team below, and switching out Reinhardt for either Jaffar or Kagerou depending on how well Rein + Ninian works (I'm assuming very well, since cavalry thrives on freedom). However, I'm having a bit of trouble deciding on my defense team.

Spoiler

Screenshot_20170321-124627_zps3usrgqv8.p

Any suggestions on what kind of lineup to run? How scary would double Dancer along with Julia and Kagerou (who I can hand Vantage to, maybe) be?

My Lucina has Desperation and Swap, and will have Darting Blow once I grind out the SP, while Julia has Death Blow 2, Bowbreaker 3 and Reposition. Sharena has Quick  Riposte 2 and Noontime, while Reinhardt has Fury and Drag Back.

Oh btw, the Jaffar that doesn't have a heart has a bad Bane/Boon. I'm probably gonna merge since his Dagger can't be passed, but I'm keeping him just in case. He could pass Death Line to someone else or something.

Edited by SatsumaFSoysoy

A couple of questions:

1) Is Michalis worth 5☆ing? I think Hauteclere is pretty neat when combined with Ignis. Will he retain his 'standard' stats distrubution? Or will boon/bane occur once you upgrade him?

2) Does Glacies or Iceberg take Warding Blow (extra +6 Res when initiating combat) into account? If anyone has tested it, please do share your findings! :): 

6 minutes ago, Lucıůs said:

A couple of questions:

1) Is Michalis worth 5☆ing? I think Hauteclere is pretty neat when combined with Ignis. Will he retain his 'standard' stats distrubution? Or will boon/bane occur once you upgrade him?

No boon/bane with recruited characters from maps. Ever.

6 minutes ago, salinea said:

No boon/bane with recruited characters from maps. Ever.

I see. Thanks for the quick reply! Still debating on whether or not I should 5☆ him because his abilities look promising. :lol: Are you planning to upgrade him or is he lunch for your other fliers?

2 hours ago, Lucıůs said:

A couple of questions:

2) Does Glacies or Iceberg take Warding Blow (extra +6 Res when initiating combat) into account? If anyone has tested it, please do share your findings! :): 

1) Boons and banes never change, even after promotion.

2) I'm not sure but I think it doesn't.

2 hours ago, Lucıůs said:

I see. Thanks for the quick reply! Still debating on whether or not I should 5☆ him because his abilities look promising. :lol: Are you planning to upgrade him or is he lunch for your other fliers?

Me? I'll keep one for collection purpose for sure. I might feed the other to one of my flier (but i'm not sure who'll benefit more from Iote's Shield). Haven't studied him enough to know whether i'll put him on the 5* list.

1 hour ago, Vaximillian said:

1) Boons and banes never change, even after promotion.

2) I'm not sure but I think it doesn't.

Thank you!

32 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

It counts the effects of Spur skills, so there should be no reason it doesn't count the effects of Blow skills.

Umm sorry, just to be clear... Does it? Or does it not? :huh: 

And to make things somehow more complicated, I'm going to use Nino as an example. I have her equipped with Iceberg and Warding Blow. Oh and let's say she was beside Azura with Fortify Res (+4) at the start of turn and someone used Rally Speed on her, so those are another bonus to her Gronnblade+. Do all of those bonuses add to Nino's overall attack when she triggers Iceberg? Sorry if I seem to ask too much... :unsure:

12 minutes ago, Lucıůs said:

And to make things somehow more complicated, I'm going to use Nino as an example. I have her equipped with Iceberg and Warding Blow. Oh and let's say she was beside Azura with Fortify Res (+4) at the start of turn and someone used Rally Speed on her, so those are another bonus to her Gronnblade+. Do all of those bonuses add to Nino's overall attack when she triggers Iceberg? Sorry if I seem to ask too much... :unsure:

Warding Blow does NOT add to the damage bonus to Gronnblade, but it DOES add to Iceberg's damage...is how I understood it.

Edited by MaskedAmpharos

13 minutes ago, Lucıůs said:

Thank you!

Umm sorry, just to be clear... Does it? Or does it not? :huh: 

Fortify Res is an out-of-battle buff and applies to both Iceberg and Gronnblade+. Rally Speed is also an out-of-battle buff and applies to Gronnblade+. Warding Blow is an in-battle buff and applies to Iceberg, but not Gronnblade+.

This probably doesn't do anything, but...

Does anyone know what happens when Escutcheon triggers when you have Wo Dao equipped? (I'm not talking about a Wo Dao trigger against the Escutcheon trigger, I'm talking about the person with Wo Dao having the special Escutcheon.)

Edited by DehNutCase

5 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

Warding Blow does NOT add to the damage bonus to Gronnblade, but it DOES add to Iceberg's damage...is how I understood it.

3 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Fortify Res is an out-of-battle buff and applies to both Iceberg and Gronnblade+. Rally Speed is also an out-of-battle buff and applies to Gronnblade+. Warding Blow is an in-battle buff and applies to Iceberg, but not Gronnblade+.

OHHHH! It makes perfect sense now! Haha I felt so dumb even when I was testing it, I could never figure it out. :D:

Huge thanks to everyone for the clarification! 

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:

Thanks for clarifying that. Relationships between skills sure are tangled.