"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

16 minutes ago, leocanta said:

Oh. So its rather... limited and niche. (and slightly disappointing). Oh well, any recommendations on its use? I quite like the +4!

I use two of him on my Aether Raids team during certain Light seasons, and I Ally Support him with Sharena. Sharena runs Distant Counter and her Fensalir is indispensable for nullifying all the buffs that VS!Azura gives, so she carries the team. With all 4 Drives and both 1 space away, the two M!Corrins can give Sharena 12/12/12/12 in combat buffs. With two Eirs on the team, they give Sharena an additional HP/Res+10 and can also quickly heal up any damage Sharena has taken.

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I recently got wrecked by someone in the arena with a vantage Ares and blue flame (I think it's called - owains special). Does blue flame have any advantages over aether or bonfire, or should I stick with them for my own build? My Ares is +5 right now and I plan to give him distant counter. He already has vantage.

Edited by Cute Chao

3 hours ago, Cute Chao said:

I recently got wrecked by someone in the arena with a vantage Ares and blue flame (I think it's called - owains special). Does blue flame have any advantages over aether or bonfire, or should I stick with them for my own build? My Ares is +5 right now and I plan to give him distant counter. He already has vantage.

Blue Flame adds 25 damage if the user is next to an ally, which can only be equated by having 50 Defense for Bonfire, which Ares won't be hitting without support, or 32 Defense with Ignis, which is longer cooldown and won't be ready for combat via Dark Mystletainn + Vantage. The slight kicker is the whole "need to be next to someone" part, which means if you aren't you only really have a very cool-looking Moonbow.

And since Aether only ignores 50% of Defense, you'd need to be fielding Ares against 50 Def opponents for Aether to match Blue Flame in terms of damage. Plus Aether runs the risk of putting Ares back out of Vantage range.

11 hours ago, D4RTH said:

So I've been pulling for a few Velouria merges. I picked up a +Def/-Hp copy which is great for a lot of her Bonfire/Ignis builds, though I recently picked up a +Atk asset copy as well.

Running some calcs, +Def seems to operate slightly better on both phases (Buffed or not). Kind of torn which Asset to run with overall here: +Atk or +Def?

If you are prioritizing Player Phase first round combat, +Def is better, but if you want Velouria to have sustainable Player Phase combat, +Atk is better.

Challenger List: (Both sides +10. Enemies have 6/6/6/6 buffs. I tested Velouria with both 6/6/6/6 and 4/4/0/0, and for units with Moonbow, I reduced Special Pre-charge to -2 to reflect Ouch Pouch effect has already been activated.)

Spoiler

CHALLENGER LIST  
Velouria (5*+10 +def)  
Weapon: Wolfpup Fang  
Special: Ignis  
A: Fury 3  
B: Desperation 3  
C: Ward Beasts  
S: Darting Blow 3  

Velouria (5*+10 +atk)  
Special: Ignis  

Velouria (5*+10 +def)  
Special: Moonbow  
S: Flashing Blade 3  

Velouria (5*+10 +atk)  
S: Flashing Blade 3  

Velouria (5*+10 +def)  

Velouria (5*+10 +atk)  

If you are going for Enemy Phase build, then go with +Def.

11 hours ago, D4RTH said:

Having a similar dilemma with Reyson, though with comparing +Atk vs. +Spd.

I think either is fine. I lean slightly more towards +Atk so he can better fight dragons. If you do not plan to have him fight, then +Spd is better so he can avoid doubles.

5 hours ago, Cute Chao said:

If you are running Counter-Vantage build on Ares, I would stick with Bonfire for less positioning requirements.
Ares +Atk
Dark Mystletainn
(Any Assist)
Bonfire
Distant Counter
Vantage
(Any C)
Brazen Atk/Def
Bonfire deals 20/23 damage (33Def+7Brazen+6VS!AzuraBuffs) at +0, and 22/25 damage at +10.
Blue Flame with adjacent ally support has a flat 25 damage; however, without an adjacent ally, Blue Flame only does 10 damage.
Ares got 62/68 Atk (39Atk+16Mt+7Brazen+6VS!AzuraBuffs) at +0, and 66/72 Atk at +10.
Once Vantage is active, Ares can deal 82/91 damage at merge +0, and 88/97 damage at merge +10 during every round of combat.

You do not run Aether on a Counter-Vantage build as that defeats the purpose of having Dark Mystletainn charging a 3 cooldown Special after every round of combat.

Edited by XRay

11 hours ago, leocanta said:

Oh. So its rather... limited and niche. (and slightly disappointing). Oh well, any recommendations on its use? I quite like the +4!

The easiest use of it is to support Corrin with an enemy-phase unit and run a team that stacks Drive-type skills since proximity skills are easier to activate on enemy phase and enemy-phase units can make use of more of the stats.

Since we just got Velouria with another skill that affects support partners, it might also be worth waiting a bit to see if we get more new weapons or skills that make use of the mechanic.

6 minutes ago, Ottservia said:

So who is the best support partner for my M!Grima on my dragon emblem consisting of Nowi,F!Grima, and H!Myrrh?

Whoever FH!M!Robin is next to more often.

Just now, Ottservia said:

so either Myhhr or Nowi good to know

It generally does not matter for a Distant Counter Ward team.

Hey guys. 

So I was playing and a curious situation showed up. I have been looking at it for a while, but I can't understand why it happens.

Spoiler

Units summary:

Brave Lyn 5* (40 + 3)
Weapon: Mulagir
Special: Draconic Aura
A: Swift Sparrow 2
B: Sacae's Blessing
C: Atk smoke 3
S: Atk +2

Brave Ephraim 5* (40)
Weapon: Garm
Special: Draconic Aura
A: Close Def 3
B: Special Fighter 3
C: Spd Opening 2
S: Armored Boots

Silvia 5* (40+1)
Weapon: Barrier Blade  (+res)
Assist: Dance
A: Mirror Stance 2
B: Deluge Dance 2
C: Drive Atk 2
S: Blaze Dance 2

Micaiah 5* (40+1)
Weapon: Thani
Assist: Sacrifice
A: Death Blow 3
C: Drive Atk 2
S: Brash Assault 2

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Micaiah's stats:

PV: 37
Atk: 51
Spd: 29
Def: 21
Res: 39

Eirika's stats:

PV: 45
Atk: 39
Spd: 35
Def: 26
Res: 28

Basically, I want to attack Eirika using Micaiah. Due to Silvia's dance, Micaiah current atk is 54. Eirika's res is 28. When attacking, Micaiah gains +6 atk thanks to Death Blow. So, Micaiah's attack is now 60. If we add the +20% due to weapon advantage, final attack is 72. By substracting attack - resistance, the resultant damage should be 44. Just what happens here:

https://serenesforest.net/forums/uploads/monthly_2019_02/NoKill.jpg.809541f7cdbcae30c6b584cd3ab75f1b.jpg

But, when attacking from this position instead, damage increases for some reason:

https://serenesforest.net/forums/uploads/monthly_2019_02/Kill.jpg.81b8537a72c426b6f7a04f9bfba38654.jpg

I have checked my unit's skills over and over, but I have not been able to solve my doubts. Is something I am missing? I have been playing this game for quite some time, but just recently became interested in learning some more. So maybe I'm missing a basic thing.

@XRay

@Xenomata

Thanks guys :) Hoping to make Ares either my first or second +10... if I get more copies of him :D 

I'll keep him with Bonfire for now and see how I play him, and then can move up to Blue Flame if I don't think positioning will be a problem :) 

Edited by Cute Chao

Got some questions regarding the upcoming banners. 

1) I want LH!Azura and LH!Lucina so I'll be pulling on the March legendary banner so I should I pull for LH!Azura here or should I wait? I'm assuming my chances here are better to pull for her on this banner than trying for her on the March legendary banner. 

2) I also want LB!Myrrh as she checks all of the boxes: red, comes with Armor March, and hits Res. Question is, should I snipe red and then try my luck on the March legendary banner for Azura or should I pull for both on this banner? 

I technically don't need either of them but they would make things easier for me. Of course, this is all under the assumption that I don't get either of them as my free pull. The situation does change should I get one of them as my free pull:

• LB!Myrrh - if she has an ideal bane, pull for one copy of LH!Azura. If not, I'll aim for another copy of Myrrh
  • LH!Azura - snipe red for Myrrh and depending on the bane, I may/may not pull for another copy

Any advice?

10 hours ago, Flying Shogi said:

1) I want LH!Azura and LH!Lucina so I'll be pulling on the March legendary banner so I should I pull for LH!Azura here or should I wait? I'm assuming my chances here are better to pull for her on this banner than trying for her on the March legendary banner. 

2) I also want LB!Myrrh as she checks all of the boxes: red, comes with Armor March, and hits Res. Question is, should I snipe red and then try my luck on the March legendary banner for Azura or should I pull for both on this banner? 

I technically don't need either of them but they would make things easier for me. Of course, this is all under the assumption that I don't get either of them as my free pull. The situation does change should I get one of them as my free pull:

• LB!Myrrh - if she has an ideal bane, pull for one copy of LH!Azura. If not, I'll aim for another copy of Myrrh
  • LH!Azura - snipe red for Myrrh and depending on the bane, I may/may not pull for another copy

Any advice?

I am assuming Find and Vote Focus is a regular Focus with 3% Focus and 3% pity breaker, as well as assuming VS!Azura and GA!Lucina are both in the upcoming Legendary Heroes Focus.

It is kind of hard to explain, so I made a Google Sheet here. If you want an explanation on how it works, here is Gamepedia's explanation and here is a simple video explanation of how probability works for multiple variables.

Basically, use the Legendary Heroes Focus for getting VS!Azura and GA!Lucina; use the Find and Vote Focus for TLB!Myrrh.

Just in case I am wrong though, maybe @Ice Dragon and any other person good with math can fact check me if they are free.

13 hours ago, Flying Shogi said:

If your goal is to get all three of them and have the resources for it, go for Myrrh on the vote banner and Azura and Lucina on the March Legendary banner.

If your goal is to get at least one of them and then stop, go for Azura and Lucina on the March Legendary banner.

If Azura is higher on your priorities than Lucina, and you really just want a copy of Azura, then go for Azura on the vote banner.

Has there been a case of a grand hero battle being revived for the second time?

The Seliph and Julia BHB was made available 05-06-2018 and revived 03-12-2018. The only way I see myself getting another chance on pulling Julia is probably when they revive the BHB so I'm hoping they'll rerun it in give or take 6 months or so. (I spent every orb I could get on the BHB banner back when they reran the BHB banners this month but I only got 4 Deirdre and not a single Julia)

1 hour ago, Hekselka said:

Has there been a case of a grand hero battle being revived for the second time?

The Seliph and Julia BHB was made available 05-06-2018 and revived 03-12-2018. The only way I see myself getting another chance on pulling Julia is probably when they revive the BHB so I'm hoping they'll rerun it in give or take 6 months or so. (I spent every orb I could get on the BHB banner back when they reran the BHB banners this month but I only got 4 Deirdre and not a single Julia)

Gamepedia has a list of all Grand Hero Battles, Bound Hero Battles, and Legendary Hero Battles here though last June (https://feheroes.gamepedia.com/Special_Hero_Battle_maps_archive), and you can sort by battle name to easily see the number of times each map has been run.

Several of the earlier Grand Hero Battles were run a total of three times before the daily rotation was introduced, but we haven't yet gotten a Bound Hero Battle run a third time.

Edited by Ice Dragon

5 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Gamepedia has a list of all Grand Hero Battles, Bound Hero Battles, and Legendary Hero Battles here though last June (https://feheroes.gamepedia.com/Special_Hero_Battle_maps_archive), and you can sort by battle name to easily see the number of times each map has been run.

Several of the earlier Grand Hero Battles were run a total of three times before the daily rotation was introduced, but we haven't yet gotten a Bound Hero Battle run a third time.

Thanks for the link.

Damn, if only I'd rejoined Heroes even a month earlier I could have had more chances to summon her. Oh well, here's hoping they either rerun the BHB one day or put her in another VG.

If you promote a merged 4* unit to 5*, does it "remember" what your bane had been and reassign the old bane when you promote, or does it reroll a random one, or does it just give you an unmerged 5* with no bane?

55 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

If you promote a merged 4* unit to 5*, does it "remember" what your bane had been and reassign the old bane when you promote, or does it reroll a random one, or does it just give you an unmerged 5* with no bane?

I just tried it with a couple of units (looking at the preview of the 5* unit) and it seems to remember the bane. Or I keep rerolling the same one.

2 minutes ago, Baldrick said:

I just tried it with a couple of units (looking at the preview of the 5* unit) and it seems to remember the bane. Or I keep rerolling the same one.

If it's the same one every time, it must remember.  Thanks

57 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

The game remembers the Flaw.

I tried it with a 3* Clair in the past. She was [+Atk, -Def] and I turned her into 3*+1 to get rid of the Flaw, but when I checked her promotion screen to 4*, the -Def came back.

1 hour ago, Rezzy said:

Merging hides the Flaw. It doesn't erase it from existence specifically because of this situation.

So I got very lucky with my IVs and now have Halloween Myrrh (Spooky Monster) and Legendary Hector (Marquess of Ostia) rocking out at 5*.  So I want to build a team around them.  I love making the enemy come to me and then constrict them with my tanky units so this should work out well.  

I have Leanne as a Dancer to help their movement but could level up Olivia or Sylvia as a replacement.  

The last slot I'm not sure about.  Black Knight, Effie, Nowi, or Brave Lyn come to mind, but wanted to get some advice.

Edited by Rimbaldi