"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, peekamoo said:

Hey guys, which FCorrin is ideally better in arena? +Hp -Def or Neutral?

Thanks in advance.

I'd say neutral as you'd want Def to be able to take Falchion hits. 

25 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

I'd say neutral as you'd want Def to be able to take Falchion hits. 

Would my FCorrin with +hp -def be taking extra damage opposed to my neutral FCorrin or would the bonus hp kinda even it out even though she's lacking defense?

14 hours ago, Dylan Corona said:

Sorry for the double post, put I couldn't add this to the other edited post....sorry if this breaks a rule, someone could put them together that would help XD haha.

Editing quotes in is tricky on desktop, and I don't even know if it's possible on mobile.  If you are on mobile, either wait until you can get to a regular computer, or say something along these lines (hence why I'm not warning you for this).

33 minutes ago, peekamoo said:

Would my FCorrin with +hp -def be taking extra damage opposed to my neutral FCorrin or would the bonus hp kinda even it out even though she's lacking defense?

I may be understanding the formula wrong, but I believe that, for a single hit, the +HP cancels out the -Def, resulting in the same net HP after combat. However, if the opponent doubles you, the -Def will hurt you more than the +HP helps. 

However, now that I'm thinking about it more, as long as you're only comparing single hits, since you take the same amount of damage regardless of nature on the physical side, the +HP might be better to help you tank magic just a tiny bit better...

So basically, it depends on whether you think you'll be getting doubled more (in which case go neutral) or eating magical hits more (in which case go +HP). This is all assuming I didn't calculate something incorrectly though, so it might help to get a second opinion (I'm really sorry I couldn't be as helpful as I'd hoped). 

EDIT: There are also other things to consider though. For example, if you had skills that relied on you staying above a certain HP threshold, like Swordbreaker, then +HP is more beneficial. Likewise, if you had a skill that relied on you being at a lower HP %, like Defiant Attack, then neutral is better. 

Edited by MaskedAmpharos

35 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

I may be understanding the formula wrong, but I believe that, for a single hit, the +HP cancels out the -Def, resulting in the same net HP after combat. However, if the opponent doubles you, the -Def will hurt you more than the +HP helps. 

However, now that I'm thinking about it more, as long as you're only comparing single hits, since you take the same amount of damage regardless of nature on the physical side, the +HP might be better to help you tank magic just a tiny bit better...

So basically, it depends on whether you think you'll be getting doubled more (in which case go neutral) or eating magical hits more (in which case go +HP). This is all assuming I didn't calculate something incorrectly though, so it might help to get a second opinion (I'm really sorry I couldn't be as helpful as I'd hoped). 

EDIT: There are also other things to consider though. For example, if you had skills that relied on you staying above a certain HP threshold, like Swordbreaker, then +HP is more beneficial. Likewise, if you had a skill that relied on you being at a lower HP %, like Defiant Attack, then neutral is better. 

The Hp threshold thing depends on how you're losing hp, however.

Things like Fury and Ardent Sacrifice lower your %hp more if you have low max hp, but, if hp + def was equal, higher hp would cause you to lose a bigger % of max hp per physical hit (and a lower % per magical hit).

ex: for 15 hp + def,  a 10 damage hit would always drop you to 5 hp, unless you had less than 5 max hp to begin with, in which case it deals 0.

15 hp 0 def would drop you to 5 hp, or 34%.

10 hp 5 def would drop you to 5 hp again, but 50% this time.

5 hp 10 def would 'drop' you to 5 hp, 100%.

50 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

Oh good point and thanks for all that info! :)

I will be mainly running FCorrin with Eirika so i don't think getting doubled would be an issue..

However i am planning to throw on triangle adept on my FCorrin to deal with Falchion and red users since she dies to green mages anyway.. which kinda leaves me stuck in between for my decision of which FCorrin to use haha.

Sweet, anyways I don't want bore every1 with too much stuff so I'll get straight to the point. I have a crap ton of 4 stars characters, but I don't know which 1 sounds the best.

I'm leaning towards (M) Robin, (F) Corrin, & Kagero. I also have Nowi.....but I don't like her too much even though she's an extremely good unit.

So I inherited the "Obstruct" skill to my Julia and its apparently supposed to prevent units from passing Julias adjacent spaces. However, units are still able to move next to my Julia and attack her regardless.

Is the skill broken or something or did I misread something?

Edited by BlunZ

Just now, BlunZ said:

So I inherires the "Obstruct" skill to my Julia and its apparently supposed to prevent units from passing Julias adjacent spaces. However, units are still able to move next to my Julia and attack her regardless.

Is the skill broken or something or did I misread something?

They can't go past her. They can go next to her.

The skill is needlessly situational, yet I found myself on the receiving end of it when it worked. Even then, it still didn't help: I could beat the Azama with the skill using Wings of Mercy so the Catria Azama blocked could reach that last generic enemy.

Point is, probably not the best of skills to put on someone squishy.

24 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

Sweet, anyways I don't want bore every1 with too much stuff so I'll get straight to the point. I have a crap ton of 4 stars characters, but I don't know which 1 sounds the best.

I'm leaning towards (M) Robin, (F) Corrin, & Kagero. I also have Nowi.....but I don't like her too much even though she's an extremely good unit.

Utility-wise, your options are probably M Robin, Nowi, or Kagero.

Can't say which one is better for you, tho.

11 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

They can't go past her. They can go next to her.

The skill is needlessly situational, yet I found myself on the receiving end of it when it worked. Even then, it still didn't help: I could beat the Azama with the skill using Wings of Mercy so the Catria Azama blocked could reach that last generic enemy.

Point is, probably not the best of skills to put on someone squishy.

I don't understand why this skill even exists. Why would this skill exist if you can't go past an enemy unit without Obstruct anyway? Am I not getting something lol

1 minute ago, BlunZ said:

I don't understand why this skill even exists. Why would this skill exist if you can't go past an enemy unit without Obstruct anyway? Am I not getting something lol

Pass lets you go through a unit. Obstruct makes it so the enemy can't go through the tiles directly adjacent to you.

Since you can still occupy those tiles, it makes it hard to Obstruct anything. The enemy has to be on top of you for them to be Obstructed, unless it's a Cavalier.

40 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

It does depend on your current team set up and what you need. As an all round unit, I'd personally say Kagero since her poison dagger is the best thing ever xD

However, M!Robin is also high recommended due to his natural bulk and damage against colourless. I'd pick out of those two, personally.

3 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

Pass lets you go through a unit. Obstruct makes it so the enemy can't go through the tiles directly adjacent to you.

Since you can still occupy those tiles, it makes it hard to Obstruct anything. The enemy has to be on top of you for them to be Obstructed, unless it's a Cavalier.

The way they explained this skill is so vague, should've asked before I inherited it. Thanks though

I have quite a few questions regarding my team composition. So, my team currently consists of:

Ninian (+Def -Atk): Her main role is to dance, so she doesn't see combat much. I'm considering giving her Triangle Adept so she can at least have a combat niche in killing Falchion users and so I can give Nowi more helpful skills. How does that sound? Are there better skills for her?

Nowi (+Def -HP): Serves as the team tank. Her defenses are godly with Fortify Dragons from Ninian. I haven't given her any skills yet, but I'm considering giving her Seal Attack from Rebecca, or possibly Quick Riposte from Klein. Which of those would be preferable for her? Also, should I just take two versions of one of those skills and give her a combat skill with her third slot? Which one?

Takumi (+Res -HP): His role is the ranged nuke as well as being a mage killer. I don't have questions for him really, since I already gave him Vantage.

Eirika: I'm not sure if I should even use her, since I already have Ninian as a support unit and I've heard that's her primary role. I want an optimized team, yet I actually like her as a character (unlike Nowi and Takumi to a certain extent, who I mainly use since they're so good). Should I keep or replace her? My other options are

Spoiler

IMG_0260.thumb.PNG.ba391aa4a9df1f7ca0eadffba79114a8.PNG

Also, are two blue dragons redundant or helpful? Thanks, and I apologize for asking so many questions.

4 minutes ago, pianime94 said:

Well, it's just that Nowi is better than her utility-wise.

I'd say they fill different roles. Nowi is more of an offensive unit while F!Corrin supports your team more with Dark Breath (and to a lesser extent Hone Res), setting opponents up for others to get kills. 

1 hour ago, Ryuke said:

Good counter to Arena Linde? (Just list em all)

Nino, Julia, Robin (F), and Fae hard-wall her and deal significant damage back. Hector doesn't particularly like taking hits from her, but he can one-hit kill on the counterattack. Any green unit with Triangle Adept and not terrible Res also works. Any physical unit with B Tomebreaker and not terrible Res can take her down, but probably still won't like taking hits from her. Effie avoids being killed due to Wary Fighter and can one-hit kill her back, but will have Wary Fighter broken.

I have a +Def/-Atk Eldigan that I can't decide what to do with and would like some feedback.

Tank Build
Assist: Swap
Special: Aegis/Noontime (leaning more towards aegis)
A skill: HP +5/Defense 3/Resistance 3?
B skill: Vantage/Wings of Mercy
C skill: Threaten Atk

Damage Build
Assist: Rally Attack/Defense
Special: Ignis
A skill: Darting/Death Blow
B skill: Quick Riposte
C skill: Threaten Def

I'm kind of leaning towards the tank build, if only because of his nature. Any opinions or additions?

Okay so. I leveled my 4* Nino up to 40 and now I'm being indecisive about whether I want to 5* her or m!Robin / Kagero. Anyone wanna attempt to talk me back into it lol?

Planned Nino (Spd+/Def-) build: Gronnblade+ | Ardent Sacrifice | Draconic Aura | Life-and-Death 2/3 | Desperation 3 | Hone Attack 3

Planned Robin (Def+/Spd-) build: Blarraven+ | (whatever) | Bonfire | Triangle Adept 3 | Lancebreaker 3 / Swordbreaker 3 / Quick Riposte 2 | Spur Def 3

Planned Kagero (HP+/Def-) build: Poison Dagger+ | Reciprocal Aid | Reprisal | Defiant Atk 3 | Daggerbreaker | (whatever)

Current 5* units: a!Tiki, Marth, Abel, Leo (needless to say I need a 5* green more than I need the others but... favoritism is a bitch haha ;; )

31 minutes ago, NecroJade said:

I have a +Def/-Atk Eldigan that I can't decide what to do with and would like some feedback.

Tank Build
Special: Aegis/Noontime (leaning more towards aegis)
A skill: HP +5/Defense 3/Resistance 3?
B skill: Vantage/Wings of Mercy

Damage Build
Assist: Rally Attack/Defense
Special: Ignis
A skill: Darting/Death Blow
C skill: Threaten Def

I'm kind of leaning towards the tank build, if only because of his nature. Any opinions or additions?

Actually speaking for myself, I might sort of merge those two skillsets... in my highly unprofessional opinion, I like: 

Special: Noontime
A skill: HP/Atk/Def+ / Fury

^ feel free to get a second opinion though. To me, Threaten Attack, Quick Riposte, and Noontime all seem good for balancing out tanking hits and dealing them back. I think Fury helps with that pretty good. Def get additional input though.

Edited by BANRYU