"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It is a good Idea to do michalis 5s? or is a bad unit?

is minerva better than michalis?

and if michalis worth as 5s which skill should I inherit to him ? ( or I need to go to the other topic if a want to ask this? xD

2 hours ago, Ace Pelleas said:

Is Atk+/ Def-, a good combination for Karel?

Karel wants to kill things.  This boon helps him to kill things. So yes, it's a good combination.

2 hours ago, Arjuna said:

It is a good Idea to do michalis 5s? or is a bad unit?

is minerva better than michalis?

and if michalis worth as 5s which skill should I inherit to him ? ( or I need to go to the other topic if a want to ask this? xD

No matter what your opinion of Michalis as a unit, he comes with Iote's Shield, which negates effective damage against fliers.  So yes, it's a good idea.

They fill two different slots.  Minerva is a flying sort-of glass cannon (she's not as glassy as Linde, but Life or Death cuts into her defenses).  Michalis is more defense-oriented.

Nope, you can ask here.  It depends on what MIchalis needs to do on your team.  Figure out his role, which will narrow down what skills he should have (besides Iote's Shield).

4 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

Minerva is actually pretty damn tanky, her stat spread is very similar to Selena after you remove L&D modifiers. 40/32/22 Bulk isn't a joke, alongside 31Atk/33Spd offenses.

Life or Death gives her 52 MT and 38 Speed at neutral, which is what makes her terrifying.  For comparison, that's 3 MT and 1 Speed on neutral Linde, and she gets this without inheritance!

5 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Life or Death gives her 52 MT and 38 Speed at neutral, which is what makes her terrifying.  For comparison, that's 3 MT and 1 Speed on neutral Linde, and she gets this without inheritance!

Depends on what you need her for, I guess. Her stat spread is flexible enough that she be the bulky Frontliner or the 1RKO flanker with just a bit of skill swapping.

My default team has enough damage already, so I usually just leave L&D 1 on her to fix her -Atk nature, and have her either tank or mage-kill as needed.

Edit: She's been pretty MVP in GHBs as the sit there and tank everything unit, though. I just take off L&D completely and she soaks everything.

Edited by DehNutCase

I'm feeling masochistic and am going to try to level my Armors up for the 3 Orbs.

I've got a team of Hector, Effie, Draug, and Sheena.

Any suggestions for Special Skills for them?  Are the Shield skills worth keeping or would it be better to give them an offensive one?  Any other good skills?  My Hector is a beast, but the rest, I need to bring up to speed, no pun intended.

3 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I'm feeling masochistic and am going to try to level my Armors up for the 3 Orbs.

I've got a team of Hector, Effie, Draug, and Sheena.

Any suggestions for Special Skills for them?  Are the Shield skills worth keeping or would it be better to give them an offensive one?  Any other good skills?  My Hector is a beast, but the rest, I need to bring up to speed, no pun intended.

If you have Gwens or some other Draugs, remember that goad and ward skills stacks with all other buffs edit: including themselves. So a team of Hector + 3 more buffers will stomp on everything through sheer + numbers.

Pretty sure you won't need to inherit any skills, though, unless you're actually planning to use some of them in arena.

Edited by DehNutCase

10 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

If you have Gwens or some other Draugs, remember that goad and ward skills stacks with all other buffs edit: including themselves. So a team of Hector + 3 more buffers will stomp on everything through sheer + numbers.

Pretty sure you won't need to inherit any skills, though, unless you're actually planning to use some of them in arena.

If you have Gwens...

Do I?

4721900e-2dfb-44bc-8954-3deec7e57ae0_zps

Yeah, extra skills may not be necessary, but 10th Stratum can be tough, even with a good team.  Scooting around with four 1 movement units sounds like a chore, and I want to make it as smooth as possible.

13 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

If you have Gwens...

Do I?

4721900e-2dfb-44bc-8954-3deec7e57ae0_zps

Yeah, extra skills may not be necessary, but 10th Stratum can be tough, even with a good team.  Scooting around with four 1 movement units sounds like a chore, and I want to make it as smooth as possible.

Alright so you're gonna want pivot swap smite and drawback to do some nasty wicked plays. Ef-this alreafy has smite so thats a plus. Also, give Ef-U one of Gwens armor skills. Ef-it also is missing a special trigger so hook her up with glimmer. Judging by how many duplicates I see in this picture, you should have someone with it. If you don't have all the defensive skills mentioned earlier you should still give away the ones you have, especially pivot or swap on Hector (I don't remember if you already gave him a defensive skill, all I remember is wings of mercy). After that you should be good. Just make sure you have everyone in the right spots for maximum stat bonuses! 

THE ARMORED UNITS WILL PREVAIL! DEATH TO ALL WHO OPPOSE US!

2 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Alright so you're gonna want pivot swap smite and drawback to do some nasty wicked plays. Ef-this alreafy has smite so thats a plus. Also, give Ef-U one of Gwens armor skills. Ef-it also is missing a special trigger so hook her up with glimmer. Judging by how many duplicates I see in this picture, you should have someone with it. If you don't have all the defensive skills mentioned earlier you should still give away the ones you have, especially pivot or swap on Hector (I don't remember if you already gave him a defensive skill, all I remember is wings of mercy). After that you should be good. Just make sure you have everyone in the right spots for maximum stat bonuses! 

THE ARMORED UNITS WILL PREVAIL! DEATH TO ALL WHO OPPOSE US!

I got a lot of Blues when I was trying to get Ninian.  I have Pivot on Hector, but not enough SP to learn it yet.

2 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I got a lot of Blues when I was trying to get Ninian.  I have Pivot on Hector, but not enough SP to learn it yet.

Seriously? So you basically missed out on other skills because of Hunt summoning?

What kind of whale are you?

Anyways, pivot + smite is already nice. Do you have anyone with drawback or reposition? Remember, these skills might not be necessary, they are merely a luxury! Also, Draug already has lunge so really we're looking at Sheena right now. (Unless you also want to give draug some delectable defensive skills).

4 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Seriously? So you basically missed out on other skills because of Hunt summoning?

What kind of whale are you?

Anyways, pivot + smite is already nice. Do you have anyone with drawback or reposition? Remember, these skills might not be necessary, they are merely a luxury! Also, Draug already has lunge so really we're looking at Sheena right now. (Unless you also want to give draug some delectable defensive skills).

At heart, I'm more of a collector than a Skill optimizer.  I won't sacrifice units for skills, unless I have a double.  I usually Pull all five, but I already got Jaffar, and I was just wanting Ninian.

NDfI5Mwl.png

I forgot to ask this for a long time. Since this is the Chrom I borrowed during Voting Gauntlet, I can't experiment on my own. So I hypothesize Aether heals based on how many HP the attacked unit had left? That is, Jakob with 20 HP?

Not sure if Sol and Noontime works the same way.

Edited by pianime94

Good to know I was right. Thanks. Didn't know about that since I don't have any viable access to the games which implement skills (apart from maybe Genealogy and Tharcia).

Is there something wrong with the Arena?  For the past couple seasons, I'll reach a certain point, and then my score stops increasing no matter how much I win.  Is there some cap or other restricting mechanic I'm not getting?

Just now, JJ48 said:

Is there something wrong with the Arena?  For the past couple seasons, I'll reach a certain point, and then my score stops increasing no matter how much I win.  Is there some cap or other restricting mechanic I'm not getting?

Arena resets after 7 wins. So after 7 wins, your score is set, and you can try to beat that score with your next 7-win streak.

1 minute ago, Birdy said:

Arena resets after 7 wins. So after 7 wins, your score is set, and you can try to beat that score with your next 7-win streak.

Ah, that would explain it.  Thanks!

3 minutes ago, Aera said:

What is the next banner? I'm deciding if I should pull for 5* Green units now or later...

The next banner is the Battling Michalis banner (coming out tomorrow), which will have Minerva, Selena, Eliwood, and Gordin.

So if you waned to pull for 5* Greens, I would wait until tomorrow since Minerva's actually a pretty great unit.

Just now, MaskedAmpharos said:

The next banner is the Battling Michalis banner (coming out tomorrow), which will have Minerva, Selena, Eliwood, and Gordin.

So if you waned to pull for 5* Greens, I would wait until tomorrow since Minerva's actually a pretty great unit.

Or do what I do and just pull three 3* versions of the Focus units in their respective banner, because :(

12 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

I love how I just 5 starred my Eliwood before this for Ninian.

Great.

12 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

RIP Elieson's hopes and dreams

Speaking of, I actually threw together a spreadsheet of my summoned units

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1TIDEwGyNdZkMAnaZd4x1UScDJqz7JL7myfVnawMwVtI/edit#gid=0

I'm realizing just how many Eliwoods, Sullys and god forbid fricken Firs I've pulled.

Has anyone leveled up one of their 1* units to salvagable status yet?

Edited by Elieson