"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

1 hour ago, Arcphoenix said:

Do we know the lyrics to the in-combat theme of Lif and Thrasir? I think today's the first time I had combat animations on fighting either and just now noticed that they have a unique in-combat theme

Got this from the comments of this video, which is just an extension of the track.

Not sure if it's right or not, but it does at least sound right.

Spoiler

ONLY WANT ONE FUTURE,
ONLY WANT ONE WORLD,
ONLY NEED ONE ANSWER,
COULD THIS BE IT!?

THROW AWAY EVERYTHING TO BRING THE DEAD WORLD BACK TO LIFE!
SACRIFICE ANOTHER SELF!

LIFE AND DEATH MUST BALANCE IN THE END!
THROW AWAY THE WORLD THAT YOU DO NOT NEED!

THROW IT AWAY,
THROW IT AWAY,
THROW IT ALL AWAY!

THROW IT AWAY,
THROW IT AWAY,
THROW IT ALL AWAY!

Hm... given the recent revelations, this song's lyrics might be making more and more sense...

39 minutes ago, NekoKnight said:

Is it worth it to invest in Seth for support in an Arena core? He's definitely a good support unit (that I was planning to use with NY!Laegjarn for chill support, once I finish merging her) but I'm wondering if he scores high enough to be worth it. Currently my arena core is +10 A!Tiki, +10 Fae and +10 Ares and I'm floating in T19.5 unable to make it to T21.

I have about 22k feathers available and I'm wondering what my next step should be to rank up in Arena.

Even with nothing but premium skills, Seth would score lower than some other units due to lower BST from being a Cav and lack of R Duel Cav, though

That being said, he'd be a much better Arena unit than both your current Reds simply because he'd be a strong Cheerleader, between two Tactics skills on C slot and SS slot plus Silverbrand's special refine and a Rally Up+ skill to round it all up.

Arena Scoring is a lot of making sure the Bonus unit is getting kills, so if you have strong enough support you can simply feed the bonus unit all the kills and forego any lost score from using a Melee Cav on your team.

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, MrSmokestack said:

Any other options I can consider? I have a Leg Ike manual, but I'm hesitant to use premium fodder on an unmerged unit. The lack of a healing special in a tank build without Vantage could also be a problem.

I do not think Vantage is worth it unless the unit can consistently knock out the majority of enemies. If the unit cannot knock things out in one hit, then Guard or any other B skill is more beneficial in my opinion.

The lack of healing Special is not an issue since healing is best done with a separate unit or structure. Noontime and Sol do not heal enough in my opinion, and most of the time it is better to just deal more damage to kill something than healing. Healing can be far more efficiently done when you offload it to a dedicated unit such Eir, staff units, Healing Tower (O), etc.

I think I asked about her before long ago, but that was before the merge change and her refine.

Elincia. She is currently +2 and can go to +3. I can pick HP or Res as my boon. My current base is HP. HP is a super boon and gives bulk to both ends, giving her(at +3) 69 physical bulk vs 65. Given the number of units in my barracks that hit 59 attack without field buffs my gut likes 69 a lot more than 65 for the odd occasion where she needs to eat an attack. But Res is also a super boon and would give her 32 res. A Def ploy could make the difference between eating a counter or not eating a counter. But it feels like more and more units can break 30 res with a simple field buff, so I am not sure if my old 30+ rule is true anymore for ploying. Pretty minor issue to be mulling over, I know. There is of course also the 'hold onto her for Flyer Formation fodder' option, but honestly. . . I think the seal is generally enough for me.

Also I actually have three Fayes. Thought I only had two. No one has screamed firesweep bow yet, and while I am pretty sure I know which is best to keep I figured I would ask since I have never seriously used her(or if I should just merge her up, but given that she is a unique source of a good weapon I doubt merging is a great idea). +SPD/-RES was my first and is the one that is built up(was she a TT bonus at some point?). I have a Neutral. And a +RES/-SPD, which given her general role seems like the best bet to me, this is the one I didn't know I had. I also apparently have a spare Hector sitting around that I forgot I had(how the heck do you forget you have a Hector?!). So I do have one source of DC for someone. Nah is the shiny new one who would want it, but I'll have to mull that over given how rarely I come into it.

7 hours ago, XRay said:

I do not think Vantage is worth it unless the unit can consistently knock out the majority of enemies. If the unit cannot knock things out in one hit, then Guard or any other B skill is more beneficial in my opinion.

The lack of healing Special is not an issue since healing is best done with a separate unit or structure. Noontime and Sol do not heal enough in my opinion, and most of the time it is better to just deal more damage to kill something than healing. Healing can be far more efficiently done when you offload it to a dedicated unit such Eir, staff units, Healing Tower (O), etc.

I might try this build then.

Spoiler

Leiptr

Reposition

Iceberg

Atk / Def Solo 3

Guard 3

Flex

Quick Riposte 3

Team would be Eir / Olivia / Veronica / X. I have Corrin for Astra season and I don’t want to rebless him. Options for a possible 5th unit?

17 hours ago, MrSmokestack said:

I might try this build then.

Hide contents

Leiptr

Reposition

Iceberg

Atk / Def Solo 3

Guard 3

Flex

Quick Riposte 3

Looks good. If you have access to Steady Breath (I was thinking of the wrong name) Steady Stance, it could be pretty good on Fjorm too as it frees her B skill for another tanking B skill, like Dull Ranged or something.

Depending on how much support you can give to Fjorm, you might also be able to run something other than Quick Riposte, as my Sharena does not really need it as she got all stats +12 from 2 M!Corrins, Summoner Support, and Light Tower (O) debuffing an enemy nuke with the highest Atk+Spd total.

17 hours ago, MrSmokestack said:

Team would be Eir / Olivia / Veronica / X. I have Corrin for Astra season and I don’t want to rebless him. Options for a possible 5th unit?

Other than M!Corrin, Kaden is the other top tier buffer.

If you do not have Kaden, you can try Marth, but his buffs are like half the strength of M!Corrin's but it also affects all teammates.

I assume this is a super tank team, so I am not sure if Olivia is necessary.

Edited by XRay

1 hour ago, Usana said:

I think I asked about her before long ago, but that was before the merge change and her refine.

Elincia. She is currently +2 and can go to +3. I can pick HP or Res as my boon. My current base is HP. HP is a super boon and gives bulk to both ends, giving her(at +3) 69 physical bulk vs 65. Given the number of units in my barracks that hit 59 attack without field buffs my gut likes 69 a lot more than 65 for the odd occasion where she needs to eat an attack. But Res is also a super boon and would give her 32 res. A Def ploy could make the difference between eating a counter or not eating a counter. But it feels like more and more units can break 30 res with a simple field buff, so I am not sure if my old 30+ rule is true anymore for ploying. Pretty minor issue to be mulling over, I know. There is of course also the 'hold onto her for Flyer Formation fodder' option, but honestly. . . I think the seal is generally enough for me.

Also I actually have three Fayes. Thought I only had two. No one has screamed firesweep bow yet, and while I am pretty sure I know which is best to keep I figured I would ask since I have never seriously used her(or if I should just merge her up, but given that she is a unique source of a good weapon I doubt merging is a great idea). +SPD/-RES was my first and is the one that is built up(was she a TT bonus at some point?). I have a Neutral. And a +RES/-SPD, which given her general role seems like the best bet to me, this is the one I didn't know I had. I also apparently have a spare Hector sitting around that I forgot I had(how the heck do you forget you have a Hector?!). So I do have one source of DC for someone. Nah is the shiny new one who would want it, but I'll have to mull that over given how rarely I come into it.

I’m not sure on Elincia. One thing I’d consider as a factor for this decision, is the number of units that meet all three of:

1. Enough Def/HP to survive two hits, but only if Def Ploy is not applied to them.
  2. Enough Atk to OHKO on the counterattack. I guess an EP unit might have a Special charged by this point.
  3. Enough Res to avoid getting hit by Def Ploy.

My gut feeling is that units that satisfy #1 and #2 are unlikely to satisfy #3, but that’s not backed up by any actual matchup numbers.

For Faye: definitely +Res, of those three.

We actually discussed Nah a page ago, you might confer with @Landmaster for her thoughts after testing.

16 hours ago, TheSilentChloey said:

I've been getting this issue a lot as well, actually and as far as I know all you can do is hop on another wifi and do a tonne of their "complete purchase" until it says that it's done.

As such there isn't an actual fix.  And sometimes Heroes will still say that you can't buy more orbs, so I'd be using the feedback feature to let them know- even if they're scruges and won't answer for a while.

I had to buy orbs for an amount which did not surpass my (wrong) shown credit. 

After that the credit was updated correctly.

But it does not mean that the issue has been fixed at all. 

I reported it yesterday and I am still waiting for a reply. 

Still I should not complain because the bought ten orbs for 6.99 € gave me two 5* units. 

5 hours ago, Rosalina said:

I had to buy orbs for an amount which did not surpass my (wrong) shown credit. 

After that the credit was updated correctly.

But it does not mean that the issue has been fixed at all. 

I reported it yesterday and I am still waiting for a reply. 

Still I should not complain because the bought ten orbs for 6.99 € gave me two 5* units. 

That sounds really annoying.  I should probably leave feedback myself about the purchasing issue I've had as well.

2 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

How do you get characters off the favorites list? every time I get someone new, it adds them on to it. i'm running out of space.

Go to a characters profile, either tap and holding on their icon or pressing the + icon on the characters status at the top of the screen when they are selected, and then tap the heart icon. Simply tap remove and they will be removed from your favs.

To prevent this in the future, go to Settings and find the Auto-Favorite option. This setting automatically applies a Pink Favorite to heroes of the appropriate rarity and higher, but you can turn it off entirely as well. I personally keep it off, but you may find value in keeping your 5* summons auto-favorited.

(Pssst. While you're here, you should turn on Asset/Flaw Color Display. It's really convenient)

10 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

Go to a characters profile, either tap and holding on their icon or pressing the + icon on the characters status at the top of the screen when they are selected, and then tap the heart icon. Simply tap remove and they will be removed from your favs.

To prevent this in the future, go to Settings and find the Auto-Favorite option. This setting automatically applies a Pink Favorite to heroes of the appropriate rarity and higher, but you can turn it off entirely as well. I personally keep it off, but you may find value in keeping your 5* summons auto-favorited.

(Pssst. While you're here, you should turn on Asset/Flaw Color Display. It's really convenient)

Thank you so much, I'm sorry for all the simple questions, again. Also, thanks for the tip about asset/flaws, I never noticed that there either!

Edited by lightcosmo

12 hours ago, Usana said:

So I do have one source of DC for someone. Nah is the shiny new one who would want it, but I'll have to mull that over given how rarely I come into it.

From the suggestions I'd been getting, I ended up giving her DC over Lightning Breath - Bonus Doubler. With the Dark and Light Shrines in AR, it can ruin the BD setup, so she benefits more being able to prevent follow ups instead rather than trying to buff stack. But that's only for AR, it's not to say Bonus Doubler will be bad in other modes. She might be better with Lightning Breath in Arena.

This all also depends on how many buffs you're stacking on her. I gave mine Even and Odd Defense Wave so she can self-sustain her Oracle's Breath. With BD, you're going to really want to be buffing every stat of hers, which can be hard to pull off unless you run Tactics or L!Azura.

31 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

How do you get the materials to upgrade weapons? I know the arena medals, but the other one i'm unsure of.

Refining Stones (for non-personal weapons) are mainly available from Arena and Arena Assault. They are also available as rank or quest rewards in other game modes:

• Grand Conquest rank: Some ranks award Refining Stones
  • Tempest Trials Daily quests: 2 for the first battle during the first five days, 4 for the first battle during the second five days
  • Voting Gauntlet quests: 10 per round from the “Win 3 battles” quest
  • iirc, the upcoming Rokkr Sieges mode awards them at some ranks

And then Divine Dew (for personal weapons) is awarded when you spend Refining Stones, with a 1:1 ratio. It is also available from:

• Rival Domains: 10 from Infernal difficulty
  • Allegiance Battles: up to 20 based on battle score, once every 3 weeks (AB battle score rewards cycle through Orbs, Feathers, and Divine Dew)
  • Forging Bonds: 5 at the 1200 Friendship mark for every unit
  • Blessed Gardens/Grounds: 20 from some maps

That’s all off the top of my head, so I may have missed some sources.

Edited by LordFrigid

24 minutes ago, LordFrigid said:

Refining Stones (for non-personal weapons) are mainly available from Arena and Arena Assault. They are also available as rank or quest rewards in other game modes:

• Grand Conquest rank: Some ranks award Refining Stones
  • Tempest Trials Daily quests: 2 for the first battle during the first five days, 4 for the first battle during the second five days
  • Voting Gauntlet quests: 10 per round from the “Win 3 battles” quest
  • iirc, the upcoming Rokkr Sieges mode awards them at some ranks

And then Divine Dew (for personal weapons) is awarded when you spend Refining Stones, with a 1:1 ratio. It is also available from:

• Rival Domains: 10 from Infernal difficulty
  • Allegiance Battles: up to 20 based on battle score, once every 3 weeks (AB battle score rewards cycle through Orbs, Feathers, and Divine Dew)
  • Forging Bonds: 5 at the 1200 Friendship mark for every unit
  • Blessed Gardens/Grounds: 20 from some maps

That’s all off the top of my head, so I may have missed some sources.

Mmkay, thank you, I've wanted to do this, but had no idea how!

11 hours ago, LordFrigid said:

I’m not sure on Elincia. One thing I’d consider as a factor for this decision, is the number of units that meet all three of:

1. Enough Def/HP to survive two hits, but only if Def Ploy is not applied to them.
  2. Enough Atk to OHKO on the counterattack. I guess an EP unit might have a Special charged by this point.
  3. Enough Res to avoid getting hit by Def Ploy.

My gut feeling is that units that satisfy #1 and #2 are unlikely to satisfy #3, but that’s not backed up by any actual matchup numbers.

Yup that is the thinking, but since I hadn't really used her much, I also don't know how many threats manage that trifecta.

@Landmaster Thanks for the insights! The biggest issue isn't even DC vs BD though, but the fact that everyone and their grandmother seems to want DC and Hector isn't nearly as common as that. So even for reds only she is competing against Ares and Eirika who have both been hungering for DC for a while. Of course Nah is newer and shinier than either of them. But I really wouldn't want another Summer Young Tiki fiasco. I gave her DC and ended up almost never using her past her first few weeks.

41 minutes ago, Usana said:

Yup that is the thinking, but since I hadn't really used her much, I also don't know how many threats manage that trifecta.

I ran a quick simulation, using the ArcticSilverFox Hard List, forced to +10 with +6 buffs to all stats (I like to run “reasonably worst-case” simulations), with Attacker Ploys on.

I have no idea how you planned on building Elincia, so I just went with:

Amiti (Eff), Death Blow 3, Desperation 3, Def Ploy 3, Attack +3 seal; +3 merge, +4 buffs to Atk and Spd.

Starting with +HP and switching to +Res yielded the exact same win/loss/inconclusive counts for Red/Green/Colorless (some specific builds may have been shuffled around between the categories), and 1 blue changed from “inconclusive” to “loss”. The conclusion I draw is that it really doesn’t matter which one you pick. So, whichever one makes her stat line look prettier.

42 minutes ago, Usana said:

So even for reds only she is competing against Ares and Eirika who have both been hungering for DC for a while. Of course Nah is newer and shinier than either of them. But I really wouldn't want another Summer Young Tiki fiasco. I gave her DC and ended up almost never using her past her first few weeks.

I’m willing to vouch for Ares as a good candidate. I did some testing with him in AR a while back on an Astra week and he handled himself well (he had Velouria support for insta-Bonfire), so I plan on bringing him back next week. He should, theoretically, be even more fun with 2x Naga bonuses and the Divine Fang buff (Duma was a real pain point in my initial tests). I also basically had him carry me through the latest TT.

Are you dead-set on a Red unit? Just out of curiosity.

1 hour ago, Usana said:

@Landmaster Thanks for the insights! The biggest issue isn't even DC vs BD though, but the fact that everyone and their grandmother seems to want DC and Hector isn't nearly as common as that. So even for reds only she is competing against Ares and Eirika who have both been hungering for DC for a while. Of course Nah is newer and shinier than either of them. But I really wouldn't want another Summer Young Tiki fiasco. I gave her DC and ended up almost never using her past her first few weeks.

I agree with LordFrigid, Ares would be my #1 pick~ I had mine without it for the longest and just gave it to him and can't recommend it enough. He carried a couple AR matches and even just in in-game content, he's amazing with the DC Vantage build~ 

6 minutes ago, LordFrigid said:

I ran a quick simulation, using the ArcticSilverFox Hard List, forced to +10 with +6 buffs to all stats (I like to run “reasonably worst-case” simulations), with Attacker Ploys on.

I have no idea how you planned on building Elincia, so I just went with:

Amiti (Eff), Death Blow 3, Desperation 3, Def Ploy 3, Attack +3 seal; +3 merge, +4 buffs to Atk and Spd.

Starting with +HP and switching to +Res yielded the exact same win/loss/inconclusive counts for Red/Green/Colorless (some specific builds may have been shuffled around between the categories), and 1 blue changed from “inconclusive” to “loss”. The conclusion I draw is that it really doesn’t matter which one you pick. So, whichever one makes her stat line look prettier.

Huh, that makes it look like my gut was right that the extra physical bulk can actually matter. Well if it doesn't matter I'll probably just keep the current base since I am lazy and don't like leveling people up. Thanks again!

6 minutes ago, LordFrigid said:

I’m willing to vouch for Ares as a good candidate. I did some testing with him in AR a while back on an Astra week and he handled himself well (he had Velouria support for insta-Bonfire), so I plan on bringing him back next week. He should, theoretically, be even more fun with 2x Naga bonuses and the Divine Fang buff (Duma was a real pain point in my initial tests). I also basically had him carry me through the latest TT.

Are you dead-set on a Red unit? Just out of curiosity.

Nah, not really set on red. I just brought up red since that is Nah's most direct competition. I am not sure if I should go back and change my first sentence or not. It is kinda funny. But yeah he has been on my list for a while, and is actually higher on it than Eirika whom I adore. But with no Vel and no Naga for AR I have mostly put him on the back burner as an 'eventually' project. As for color if I just look at what colors I have DC on it seems like I have the fewest of Blue(assuming you don't count colorless, but melee colorless are rare and like half of them have DC in their weapons any ways). Nailah and her spare are the only blues with DC(baring built in DC with weapons and Hector's Ostian Counter). Though I have considered feeding her to Soliel for Firesweep Sword+DC+Null-C Disrupt shenanigans. I could see someone forgetting that such a combination allows counter attacking and getting a surprise kill. For maximum fun I would need them to release a Vantage seal though. Looking at that type of setup made me realize how few infantry lances we have. And that we have not had a new one in some time.

7 minutes ago, Landmaster said:

I agree with LordFrigid, Ares would be my #1 pick~ I had mine without it for the longest and just gave it to him and can't recommend it enough. He carried a couple AR matches and even just in in-game content, he's amazing with the DC Vantage build~ 

So even the Nah avatar agrees that Ares is above Nah? Whelp that settles it doesn't it~! But yeah he is going to get sat on until I have the resources to actually do up the Naga-Vel-Ares dream team.

11 hours ago, Usana said:

So even the Nah avatar agrees that Ares is above Nah? Whelp that settles it doesn't it~! But yeah he is going to get sat on until I have the resources to actually do up the Naga-Vel-Ares dream team.

Haha, if it comes down to it, Nah can always use Lightning Breath~ DC will be Ares' best friend~ Good luck! 

@XRay @mcsilas @LordFrigid Sorry for the late reply.

After thinking about it some more, I’ve decided that using one of my pre-existing tanks is better than investing into one I’m not sure will perform well. Time to dust off the old Ares.

This is what the team looks like for now:

Spoiler

LJmA4X6.jpg

GAuaJGP.jpg

9cH4MZH.jpg

AY59kvy.jpg

sGU31JK.jpg

Fjorm is here as a bonus unit. I lack a second Eir so that frees up one of my slots for another support, in this case Olivia.

I will be giving Ares S Summoner support and S Ally Support with Veronica during Light season. He doesn’t have it in the screenshot.

This is definitely more barebones than my Astra team so I’d like to keep it cheap if possible. Any suggestions are appreciated.

After seeing Kagero’s new refine, I’m tempted to roll the L Banner in July in hopes of getting a few copies while going for Alm and Eir. I don’t have CC though.

Edited by MrSmokestack

2 hours ago, MrSmokestack said:

Time to dust off the old Ares.

That Ares is nice! [+Atk, -HP] is perfect! Unfortunately, we cannot keep ideal Flaws though.

While it is doable, I do not recommend putting Eir on teams where Desperation and Vantage are crucial to a unit's performance, in this case with Ares and his Counter-Vantage set up. When I ran Eir with Laevatein, the most common problems I have is that I cannot easily extract Laevatein out of Enemy Range as Eir's heals can often disable Wings of Mercy and Laevatein losing her Enemy Phase consistency and effectiveness.

Without Velouria, getting Ares and his Bonfire ready could also be a challenge, so he might have issues with just being usable.

2 hours ago, MrSmokestack said:

After seeing Kagero’s new refine, I’m tempted to roll the L Banner in July in hopes of getting a few copies while going for Alm and Eir. I don’t have CC though.

I am a bit hesitant on recommending Kagero running Counter-Vantage set up since her Atk is not stupid high like Blade mages. It could work, but you have to be more careful with what you have her face off against.

2 hours ago, XRay said:

While it is doable, I do not recommend putting Eir on teams where Desperation and Vantage are crucial to a unit's performance, in this case with Ares and his Counter-Vantage set up. When I ran Eir with Laevatein, the most common problems I have is that I cannot easily extract Laevatein out of Enemy Range as Eir's heals can often disable Wings of Mercy and Laevatein losing her Enemy Phase consistency and effectiveness.

I have to use Eir because this is for Light season. Astra already has Jamke and I can’t make another team yet.

...Unless switching their blessings is the ideal move to make?

Replacing Sparkling Boost with a Drive might be best. However I can’t spare any fodder now without spending feathers or grails. The best I can do is...Defense Tactic. Resources are tight as usual

Without Velouria, getting Ares and his Bonfire ready could also be a challenge, so he might have issues with just being usable.

Yeah. No Velouria keeps the strat from being consistent. Lightning traps can be used to set up Vantage and Ares can swing into enemies to start chaining Bonfires. It’ll be less effective in high tier AR unfortunately.

Edited by MrSmokestack

4 hours ago, MrSmokestack said:

I have to use Eir because this is for Light season. Astra already has Jamke and I can’t make another team yet.

...Unless switching their blessings is the ideal move to make?

Replacing Sparkling Boost with a Drive might be best. However I can’t spare any fodder now without spending feathers or grails. The best I can do is...Defense Tactic. Resources are tight as usual

Switching their Blessings does make sense, but I will wait until the next Mythic Heroes comes out before deciding, since the next Mythic Hero is Light I think.

I would just leave Sparkling Boost on Eir. I do not think it is worth it to have her switch C slots just for Ares as most other team compositions she will be in wants her to run Sparkling Boost.

4 hours ago, XRay said:

Switching their Blessings does make sense, but I will wait until the next Mythic Heroes comes out before deciding, since the next Mythic Hero is Light I think.

I would just leave Sparkling Boost on Eir. I do not think it is worth it to have her switch C slots just for Ares as most other team compositions she will be in wants her to run Sparkling Boost.

Alright. Thanks for the help!