"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

1 minute ago, Zangetsu said:

Umm Its says that Odin is A tier amongst Blue ranks, but I have an incredibly difficult time using him. I was using him (btw he's 4 stars)against a red generic mage & he could only dmg him by 1 while my 4 stars Corrin & Raven did significantly more dmg than him. What exactly makes him viable?

Odin's strength is his Blárblade tome that deals increased damage depending on buffs active on him (blue numbers accompanied by a green up arrow). He also has Defiant Atk, adding to his punch when he's injured enough. Tomes check enemy's Res, which mages tend to have more than Def, which can also be a reason. Corrin (female, I suppose?) does hit like a truck with her powerful breath, and Raven is physical against a typically frail mage.

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

Umm Its says that Odin is A tier amongst Blue ranks, but I have an incredibly difficult time using him. I was using him (btw he's 4 stars)against a red generic mage & he could only dmg him by 1 while my 4 stars Corrin & Raven did significantly more dmg than him. What exactly makes him viable?

Odin (and the other -blade tome users Nino and Tharja) are incredibly team-dependent to reach their full potential. 

His weapon, Blárblade, gives him +4 atk for every buff he has on him, giving him a possible total of +20 atk if he has a full +4 buff to every stat. This allows most of the -blade mages to ORKO basically everyone with proper team support

EDIT: The reason he's rated so highly (and Nino and Tharja as well) is because he has the potential to do amazing damage with the right setup and support. Unfortunately though, he isn't very good out of the box, which is why he did so little for you. 

Edited by MaskedAmpharos

27 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Corrin (female, I suppose?) does hit like a truck with her powerful breath, and Raven is physical against a typically frail mage.

Crap I meant to say (M) Corrin. Damn Avatars & their diversity of apperance.

1 hour ago, Zangetsu said:

Crap I meant to say (M) Corrin. Damn Avatars & their diversity of apperance.

M!Corrin also hits relatively hard.

Odin absolutely, positively NEEDS buffs to shine.  He's at his best when he's under half health and has a speed buff on him - that +14 MT at 4*.  If his nature is -Atk, you're going to need more buffs.

Hi! Any advise on the what can be inherited by my units? F2P here so please stick with the common skills. Added Nino since he is my MVP for 5* upgrade. Cheers.

Spoiler

Hero
Star
Boon
Bane
Skills (*: Inherited)
ATK DEF SPE A B C
Hinoka 5 ATK DEF            
Azura 5 RES SPD            
Olwen 5 DEF RES     Iceberg*      
Marth 5 RES DEF           Hone Atk 3*
Azura 5 RES HP            
Takumi 5 SPD ATK            
Nino+1 4 ATK HP            

1 hour ago, eclipse said:

Seliph's job is to be on the front lines, get himself down to less than half health, and go berserk with Tyrfing.  The question is whether or not you think both Robins, Young Tiki, and Roy are credible enough threats - because +Spd means that they no longer double him.  Otherwise, go with +HP, because he's going to be doubled anyway.

Hmm. I guess I'll try to play it safe and go with +Spd one since I had him face off Tiki a lot recently

9 minutes ago, raywindam said:

Hi! Any advise on the what can be inherited by my units? F2P here so please stick with the common skills. Added Nino since he is my MVP for 5* upgrade. Cheers.

Hide contents

Hero
Star
Boon
Bane
Skills (*: Inherited)
ATK DEF SPE A B C
Hinoka 5 ATK DEF            
Azura 5 RES SPD            
Olwen 5 DEF RES     Iceberg*      
Marth 5 RES DEF           Hone Atk 3*
Azura 5 RES HP            
Takumi 5 SPD ATK            
Nino+1 4 ATK HP            

Nino's a girl. ;/

Anyway, Hinoka would appreciate Death Blow (if you are wiling to burn a spare Ursula).  Barring that, there's Atk +3 (4* Cherche).

The rest depends on your team, and who else you have to burn, and how you plan on using your units.

25 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Nino's a girl. ;/

Anyway, Hinoka would appreciate Death Blow (if you are wiling to burn a spare Ursula).  Barring that, there's Atk +3 (4* Cherche).

The rest depends on your team, and who else you have to burn, and how you plan on using your units.

Ops, I know that but I always mistake her as a boy due to her name and avatar :D.

My team mainstay are 1 of the Azura twins and Takumi (forgot to mention I have given him Vantage and Rally ATT). The other 2 members are rotated depending on the need, with Marth being main red member. Nino was my main DPS before Takumi arrived so I'm looking forward to make her better. I can't seem to fit Hinoka and Olwen in the regular team since they are blue.

For the sacrificial lambs, I have Cherche 3*, both Ursulas and 87 other 1* to 4* heroes. I want to collect at least 1 of each heroes though so I will have to wait till I get 2 or more of each heroes before they can be sacrificed. Cheers!

Edited by raywindam

i have a unit with 45 Speed so i give him a brave weapon he can attack three times?

My other question is i won 14 arena games on advance in a row but my points stuck it doesnt get higher is that normal?

Just now, Xxxxd said:

i have a unit with 45 Speed so i give him a brave weapon he can attack three times?

My other question is i won 14 arena games on advance in a row but my points stuck it doesnt get higher is that normal?

A Brave weapon will strike twice every time it is intended to strike once. Your double attack with a Brave will strike four times.

(This effect goes rather interestingly with multi-hit skills like Adept in other Fire Emblems).

Just now, Xxxxd said:

A brave weapon attacks twice when a usual weapon attacks once if the unit initiates attack, so if you're fast enough, you will attack four times: twice before and twice after the counterattack.

Your score is saved after seven consecutive arena wins, the streak then starts from beginning. Your highest score per streak stays.

I'm a PC pleb who wants to get one more pull from the Jaffar banner before the month ends. So I got a Google Play card and got it uploaded to my Google play account. Now it seems Nox doesn't allow me to pay for the orbs.

qJEHzR0.png

Which program do the other PC plebs use to buy orbs?

Programs I tried and didn't work:

-Nox (Refuses to pay apparently.)
-Bluestacks (Blue screens of deaths my computer.)

-Memu (Auto closes Fire Emblem Heroes)

-Andy OS (Opens fire emblem heroes but only gives a white screen.)

On 2/4/2017 at 2:32 AM, Vaximillian said:

Level goes down to 1, stats go down to lvl1 bases for that rating, SP and skills stay.

Would their boon/bane be the same as well? 

Also, is a +Atk/-Spd Karel and -Spd/+Def YTiki salvageable? 

6 hours ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

Odin (and the other -blade tome users Nino and Tharja) are incredibly team-dependent to reach their full potential. 

His weapon, Blárblade, gives him +4 atk for every buff he has on him, giving him a possible total of +20 atk if he has a full +4 buff to every stat. This allows most of the -blade mages to ORKO basically everyone with proper team support

EDIT: The reason he's rated so highly (and Nino and Tharja as well) is because he has the potential to do amazing damage with the right setup and support. Unfortunately though, he isn't very good out of the box, which is why he did so little for you. 

He gets +n to Atk where n is the total sum of all out-of-battle buffs. +3 Atk from Sieglinde and +4 Spd from Hone Speed, for example, results in an additional +7 Atk from Blarblade, not +8.

A reason you missed for why Odin is rated highly is the fact that he has Defiant Atk, which gives him an out-of-battle buff of +7 Atk when his HP is at or under half. Blarblade gives an additional +7 Atk on top of that from its special effect for a total of +14 Atk.

Edited by Ice Dragon

2 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

He gets +n to Atk where n is the total sum of all out-of-battle buffs. +3 Atk from Sieglinde and +4 Spd from Hone Speed results in an additional +7 Atk from Blarblade not +8.

A reason you missed for why Odin is rated highly is the fact that he has Defiant Atk, which gives him an out-of-battle buff of +7 Atk when his HP is at or under half. Blarblade gives an additional +7 Atk on top of that from its special effect for a total of +14 Atk.

Ah right, I had forgotten about Defiant Attack, thank you. 

EDIT: I'm aware how Blárblade works with buffs and that +3 atk and +4 spd would result in +7 atk (well, +10 bc the blade tomes double-dip with atk buffs), but I guess I must have worded it unclearly so thank you for explaining it more clearly for other people.

Edited by MaskedAmpharos

4 hours ago, raywindam said:

Ops, I know that but I always mistake her as a boy due to her name and avatar :D.

My team mainstay are 1 of the Azura twins and Takumi (forgot to mention I have given him Vantage and Rally ATT). The other 2 members are rotated depending on the need, with Marth being main red member. Nino was my main DPS before Takumi arrived so I'm looking forward to make her better. I can't seem to fit Hinoka and Olwen in the regular team since they are blue.

For the sacrificial lambs, I have Cherche 3*, both Ursulas and 87 other 1* to 4* heroes. I want to collect at least 1 of each heroes though so I will have to wait till I get 2 or more of each heroes before they can be sacrificed. Cheers!

If your preference is to collect, then I suggest you kinda wait and not sweat too much right now what you COULD give them-- since there's no guarantee you'll actually land any of them. For some more practical advice, I suggest you share your list of doubles and/or other units you're willing to get rid of and we can give you more relevant pointers and whatnot. 

50 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

@Ice Dragon, I didn't miss Defiant Atk but everyone seems to have missed me :(

Anyway, whom shall I use and train between two Mikes? The 3⋆ will have more SP overall but the 4⋆ is already good to go and these feathers can be used elsewhere.

Also, I should've done the math myself and Bonfire does, in fact, seem better for him at both 4⋆ and 5⋆ due to his stat spread.

At 4⋆ lvl 40 he has 43 (32+11) Atk and 33 Def which give him +12 Atk with DA and +16 with Bonfire.
At 5⋆ lvl 40 he has 50 (34+16) Atk and 35 Def which give him +15 Atk with DA and +17 with Bonfire.

Edited by Vaximillian

59 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

@Ice Dragon, I didn't miss Defiant Atk but everyone seems to have missed me :(

Anyway, whom shall I use and train between two Mikes? The 3⋆ will have more SP overall but the 4⋆ is already good to go and these feathers can be used elsewhere.

I'm guessing you'll need to four star the Michalis anyway to pass on his Iote Shield at a later date (unless you have no desire to use it). If that's the case, might as well do the three star. If it isn't, then there's no real benefit to either - either 2000 feathers and a larger grind, or a slightly less large grind and not paying the 2000 ^.^''

4 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

A brave weapon attacks twice when a usual weapon attacks once if the unit initiates attack, so if you're fast enough, you will attack four times: twice before and twice after the counterattack.

Your score is saved after seven consecutive arena wins, the streak then starts from beginning. Your highest score per streak stays.

intresting 4 attacks so i give this unit sword or lance breaker he can attacks 5 times?