"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

15 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Only if you consistently see opponents with Spd-boosting skills that are active on enemy phase (Darting Stance, Life and Death, Fury, Atk/Spd Solo, etc.).

Simply giving her the Darting Blow Sacred Seal is sufficient to meet the Spd check on most relevant opponents, and even that might not be necessary (unless you see a lot of Sothis or Dark Corrin) since her base kit already gives her 42 Spd on initiation before accounting for buffs.

If you're currently using +Atk right now, keep that Asset and test it out to see if you really need the extra Spd or not before changing it (that's what I'm planning on doing).

EDIT: @Fire Emblem Fan

Brain fart. Mulagir's effect activates based on stats at the start of combat, so her default Swift Sparrow wouldn't do anything, but neither would any enemy combat buffs. That gives her 38 Spd on initiation before buffs, which is a bit less impressive, but Hone Cavalry does bring that up to 44 Spd. If you're using Fury or Life and Death instead of Swift Sparrow, you can push that even higher.

The point about Fury and Life and Death being less common these days with most fast units getting a default skill that gives a combat buff still applies, though.

Would skills like Phantom Speed change anything?

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

11 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

Would skills like Phantom Speed change anything?

Yes. Phantom Spd applies to all direct comparisons related to skills (any time you have a mathematical expression containing 2 different units' Spd stats), so Mulagir would count Lyn's Spd as 10 higher than it actually is. The downside is that Phantom Spd doesn't apply to getting a natural follow-up and also costs you your Sacred Seal slot (which could have been used for something like Sturdy Blow).

(When Chill Spd was released, Phantom Spd did not apply to Chill Spd (which doesn't have a mathematical expression for the comparison), but I don't know if that has changed at all since then.)

2 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Yes. Phantom Spd applies to all direct comparisons related to skills (any time you have a mathematical expression containing 2 different units' Spd stats), so Mulagir would count Lyn's Spd as 10 higher than it actually is. The downside is that Phantom Spd doesn't apply to getting a natural follow-up and also costs you your Sacred Seal slot (which could have been used for something like Sturdy Blow).

(When Chill Spd was released, Phantom Spd did not apply to Chill Spd (which doesn't have a mathematical expression for the comparison), but I don't know if that has changed at all since then.)

When we are talking about Phantom Spd. Its high time for Phantom Res Seal. With all the Sabotage skill around relying on RES checks and Eir allowing other units to reach like 50 RES, Yune needs a Phantom Res seal to make use of her Kit, not to mention other units that would benefit from it (Selkie for example) but Phantom Res has to be like +15 for it to really be effectiv and worthwhile enough for those skills.

With the new refine, the DEF boon of my B!Ike (+DEF/-SPD) isn't all that useful anymore. I could merge him to +1 with neutral nature and +HP/-RES as my further options (one copy will remain fodder), if that would give him any significant boost in performance. 

+DEF isn't that great anymore, but perhaps -SPD would be smart to maintain? 

Nah. Pretty much any modern PP unit will double Grike anyway at 28 (maybe 29 after merge, though I doubt it) speed. There might be a few edge cases in HBs, but there'll be more edge cases where the extra durability and damage keeps him alive.

Besides, Grike doesn't actively need to be doubled (unlike, say, QR Lukas, who relies on getting hit twice so his second counter is Ignis), it's just that the second hit (should it arrive) is mostly neutered. Obviously it helps Aether timing if you don't run QR on him, but it's not essential.

Edited by Parrhesia

So the SPD isn't significant, ok.

19 minutes ago, Parrhesia said:

but there'll be more edge cases where the extra durability and damage keeps him alive.

You mean the extra durability from a +HP boon? If not, I'll just leave him unmerged. 

20 minutes ago, Parrhesia said:

Besides, Grike doesn't actively need to be doubled [...] Obviously it helps Aether timing if you don't run QR on him, but it's not essential.

No need, but that's the fun part of his new refine: the second hit gives him more advantage (-2 CD) than disadvantage (low amount of damage). 

@mampfoid Pondering my own copy too. My only options are +Def -Res and Neutral. If I merge, I think Neutral wins because it gives an extra point of Atk.

Neutral +1: 45/38/28/36/20
Def boon +1: 44/37/28/38/20

However if I choose to fodder one copy off instead to Fae, it's a bit of a wash. Balanced bulk is nice perhaps but without Distant Counter it's not like I'll be using him to bait mages all that often. Normally when I have a 50/50 choice like this, I go be seniority - i.e. the unit that has been in my barracks longer. However I think in this case it makes sense to keep the neutral one because of F2P guides.

Edited by Humanoid

4 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

@mampfoid Pondering my own copy too. My only options are +Def -Res and Neutral. If I merge, I think Neutral wins because it gives an extra point of Atk.

However if I choose to fodder one copy off instead to Fae, it's a bit of a wash. Balanced bulk is nice perhaps but without Distant Counter it's not like I'll be using him to bait mages all that often. Normally when I have a 50/50 choice like this, I go be seniority - i.e. the unit that has been in my barracks longer. However I think in this case it makes sense to keep the neutral one because of F2P guides.

He is great at baiting ranged units even without DC. He'll survive a lot of mages and gets his Aether charged for a PP one-shot. 

F2P guides won't influence my decision. I think I'll just keep my +DEF copy, because the difference isn't that big anyway. Not sure if giving him the merge. 

I just got a +spd -res Mareeta as my free pull. I imagine this is probably her best IV spread, so I was wondering what would be the best way to build/use her? 

I could also fodder her for Flashing Blade 4 and Null Follow-Up. I have an extra Mia that I could use to give both skills in that case, but are there any other noteworthy units that even wants Flashing Blade 4?

If I'm not foddering Mareeta I think I'll merge the extra Mia as well, but then I need to decide between +atk and +spd for her. What does she want the most?

2 hours ago, BoaFerox said:

I just got a +spd -res Mareeta as my free pull. I imagine this is probably her best IV spread, so I was wondering what would be the best way to build/use her? 

Her base kit works well, just give her an assist and whatever C-skill fits the team. She's a nuke who can preserve her bulk until she needs to take a hit for whatever reason, being melee means she's not as flexible as Lewyn but she does have the alternative of Galeforce if you don't mind giving that to a sword infantry.

15 hours ago, Hilda said:

When we are talking about Phantom Spd. Its high time for Phantom Res Seal. With all the Sabotage skill around relying on RES checks and Eir allowing other units to reach like 50 RES, Yune needs a Phantom Res seal to make use of her Kit, not to mention other units that would benefit from it (Selkie for example) but Phantom Res has to be like +15 for it to really be effectiv and worthwhile enough for those skills.

Fortress Def/Res already serves that purpose, not to mention it's real Res that actually mitigates damage in combat and not fake Res that only applies to the stat comparison.

My Yune has 53 Res.

3 hours ago, BoaFerox said:

but are there any other noteworthy units that even wants Flashing Blade 4?

No, Flashing Blade 4 is pretty underwhelming as a skill.

Flashing Blade 4 with the Darting Blow 3 Sacred Seal is competitive when compared to builds without 4th-tier skills, but 4th-tier passive A skills are so strong that it's better to use them over Flashing Blade if you have spare copies of them.

The only reason you'd want to use Flashing Blade 4 is if you're never planning on giving the unit a better skill (or if you're running a Galeforce team that needs more than one unit with Flashing Blade).

For example:

• Swift Sparrow 2 + Flashing Blade 3 = Atk +4, Spd +4, conditional Special charge rate boost
  • Flashing Blade 4 + Darting Blow 3 = conditional Damage +5, Spd +6, conditional Special charge rate boost
  • Swift Sparrow 3 + Flashing Blade 3 = Atk +6, Spd +7, conditional Special charge rate boost
  • Atk/Spd Push 4 + Flashing Blade 3 = conditional Atk +7, conditional Spd +7, conditional Special charge rate boost, recoil

Keeping and using Mareeta is probably more worth it than handing out Flashing Blade 4.

Edited by Ice Dragon

1 hour ago, Baldrick said:

Her base kit works well, just give her an assist and whatever C-skill fits the team. She's a nuke who can preserve her bulk until she needs to take a hit for whatever reason, being melee means she's not as flexible as Lewyn but she does have the alternative of Galeforce if you don't mind giving that to a sword infantry.

Galeforce does sound like an interesting option that would go well with her base skillset, I'll keep it in mind. 

35 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

No, Flashing Blade 4 is pretty underwhelming as a skill.

Flashing Blade 4 with the Darting Blow 3 Sacred Seal is competitive when compared to builds without 4th-tier skills, but 4th-tier passive A skills are so strong that it's better to use them over Flashing Blade if you have spare copies of them.

The only reason you'd want to use Flashing Blade 4 is if you're never planning on giving the unit a better skill (or if you're running a Galeforce team that needs more than one unit with Flashing Blade).

For example:

• Swift Sparrow 2 + Flashing Blade 3 = Atk +4, Spd +4, conditional Special charge rate boost
  • Flashing Blade 4 + Darting Blow 3 = conditional Damage +5, Spd +6, conditional Special charge rate boost
  • Swift Sparrow 3 + Flashing Blade 3 = Atk +6, Spd +7, conditional Special charge rate boost
  • Atk/Spd Push 4 + Flashing Blade 3 = conditional Atk +7, conditional Spd +7, conditional Special charge rate boost, recoil

Keeping and using Mareeta is probably more worth it than handing out Flashing Blade 4.

I see, that was kind of the impression I was getting myself. I rarely see the skill used on units other than Mareeta. I'll just keep Mareeta and use her then.

Thanks to the both of you!

I think foddering her while you got perfect IV spread is a waste but if you're not interested in here, many units benefits from flashing blade 4.

Some units which can double instantly benefits greatly from flashing blade 4, like Lewyn per exemple.

Edited by Instaburst

Btw I'm thinking about building a new team but I don't have anymore good C skills which can support a mixed team so I'm thinking about using a character which can support his team with his weapon but I don't know which character can do that except for Titania, Seth, Marth, Kaden, Marth, Robin M and Corrin M

Can you tell me some characters that have the ability to support their team ?

For the moment I'm thinking about using Lewyn and Dancer Ishtar so I have 2 places left in my team.

18 minutes ago, Captain Karnage said:

I pulled a -atk +speed brave Micaiah. Can I salvage her, or should I use my free CYL3 to get her?

34/31 offenses is comparable to neutral female Morgan (34/30) and neutral Halloween Nowi (34/32), if you're looking for some perspective.

Edited by Ice Dragon

10 hours ago, mampfoid said:

With the new refine, the DEF boon of my B!Ike (+DEF/-SPD) isn't all that useful anymore. I could merge him to +1 with neutral nature and +HP/-RES as my further options (one copy will remain fodder), if that would give him any significant boost in performance. 

+DEF isn't that great anymore, but perhaps -SPD would be smart to maintain? 

At merge +1, +HP looks better than +Def.

At high merges, defensive natures does not really do anything anymore, so you might want to go +Atk if you plan to merge him. Quick Riposte-Deflect Melee is pretty cheap and makes BH!Ike practically unkillable. If you want to deal decent damage too and got dough to spare, Lull Atk/Def-Quick Riposte is best.

Challenger List: Against Hard List melee enemies only. Enemies are +10 and have 6/6/6/6 buffs.

Spoiler

CHALLENGER LIST  
Ike (Brave) (5*+1 +def -spd)  
Weapon: Urvan  
Special: Aether  
A: Steady Breath  
B: Quick Riposte 3  
S: Deflect Melee 3  
Upgrade Path: 5  

Ike (Brave) (5*+1 +hp -res)  

Ike (Brave) (5*+10 +def -spd)  

Ike (Brave) (5*+10 +hp -res)  

Ike (Brave) (5*+10 +atk -spd)  

Ike (Brave) (5*+10 +atk -spd)  
Special: Luna  
A: Distant Counter  
B: Lull Atk Def 3  
S: Quick Riposte 3  

8 hours ago, Humanoid said:

I included Distant Counter-Lull Atk/Def BH!Ike in the above Challenger List, and the number looks absolutely stupid. Those two skills are not cheap, but it is something to consider since Hector is on a 4% Focus right now. Summoner Support and Dragonflowers together is also a cheap way (Orb wise) to get something to "merge +10."

6 hours ago, BoaFerox said:

If I'm not foddering Mareeta I think I'll merge the extra Mia as well, but then I need to decide between +atk and +spd for her. What does she want the most?

For Aether Raids, I generally go with +Spd for fast nukes. The only reason I would go with +Atk is if the unit is running double Brazen Atk/Spd or a similar set up that pumps out a shit ton of Spd. The only unit that comes to my mind so far is just Celica who can achieve 57 Spd at merge +0 with neutral and Life and Death. For units who are just super fast in the normal way like SK!Alm and Mareeta and you do not plan to give them Brazen Atk/Spd 7, I would go +Spd.

If you are prioritizing clearing Abyssal maps rather than PvP, +Atk might be better since enemies outside of Aether Raids are generally much slower.

1 hour ago, Instaburst said:

Some units which can double instantly benefits greatly from flashing blade 4, like Lewyn per exemple.

Flashing Blade is pretty bad on Lewyn in my opinion. Lewyn already comes with Swift Sparrow and Special Spiral, and upgrading his Swift Sparrow makes more sense than giving him an entirely new A skill that makes him hog Darting Blow Sacred Seal.

48 minutes ago, Instaburst said:

Btw I'm thinking about building a new team but I don't have anymore good C skills which can support a mixed team so I'm thinking about using a character which can support his team with his weapon but I don't know which character can do that except for Titania, Seth, Marth, Kaden, Marth, Robin M and Corrin M

Can you tell me some characters that have the ability to support their team ?

For the moment I'm thinking about using Lewyn and Dancer Ishtar so I have 2 places left in my team.

Hones and Fortifies are perfectly fine because they are extremely flexible.

For Player Phase nukes, all you really need is just Hone Atk/Atk Tactic-Hone Spd combo on a Dancer/Singer. Since Lewyn is not a Blade mage and he got reverse Desperation, there is no point in giving him bonus buffs for Def/Res. If you are using a Player Phase team, the only reason to bring bonus buffs for Def/Res is if you are utilizing Blade mages. And if you are using a Player Phase team, I highly recommend bringing a second Dancer/Singer rather than a buff bot. Being able to Dance/Sing-Reposition twice per turn is far more important than giving your Blade mage an extra 4 Atk from using Titania with Def Tactic.

Additionally, Marth, Kaden, and M!Corrin have Drive effects, which means they cannot support nukes who move more than 2 spaces away, which is pretty often. Drive units are better on an Enemy Phase team composition to be immune to Panic.

For a nuke's C slot, Drive Spd and Savage Blow are cheap, effective C skills. Drive Spd can be used to support Lewyn's ally nuke if they are close. Savage Blow is essentially Drive Atk 6, but Lewyn can also take advantage of it himself.

23 minutes ago, XRay said:

For Player Phase nukes, all you really need is just Hone Atk/Atk Tactic-Hone Spd combo on a Dancer/Singer. Since Lewyn is not a Blade mage and he got reverse Desperation, there is no point in giving him bonus buffs for Def/Res. If you are using a Player Phase team, the only reason to bring bonus buffs for Def/Res is if you are utilizing Blade mages. And if you are using a Player Phase team, I highly recommend bringing a second Dancer/Singer rather than a buff bot. Being able to Dance/Sing-Reposition twice per turn is far more important than giving your Blade mage an extra 4 Atk from using Titania with Def Tactic.

Additionally, Marth, Kaden, and M!Corrin have Drive effects, which means they cannot support nukes who move more than 2 spaces away, which is pretty often. Drive units are better on an Enemy Phase team composition to be immune to Panic.

For a nuke's C slot, Drive Spd and Savage Blow are cheap, effective C skills. Drive Spd can be used to support Lewyn's ally nuke if they are close. Savage Blow is essentially Drive Atk 6, but Lewyn can also take advantage of it himself.

It's true that I tend to underestimate hone/fortify skills, I'll go with those two skills on a another dancer, I'll go for Silvia, thanks for the tips !

Edited by Instaburst

55 minutes ago, XRay said:

At merge +1, +HP looks better than +Def.

Ok, so you think the difference is of significance? Like gaining the ability to be my AR tank? 

57 minutes ago, XRay said:

At high merges, defensive natures does not really do anything anymore, so you might want to go +Atk if you plan to merge him. Quick Riposte-Deflect Melee is pretty cheap and makes BH!Ike practically unkillable. If you want to deal decent damage too and got dough to spare, Lull Atk/Def-Quick Riposte is best.

I won't merge him higher than +1, but out of curiosity: Why deflect melee? Isn't that redundant to Urvan? 

1 hour ago, XRay said:

Challenger List: Against Hard List melee enemies only. Enemies are +10 and have 6/6/6/6 buffs.

I can't see any results? What does "upgrade path 5" mean? 

27 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Ok, so you think the difference is of significance? Like gaining the ability to be my AR tank? 

For Aether Raids tanking, he will probably need Dragonflowers and Summoner Support if you do not plan to merge him, so he can have stats similar to a +10 unit. At low merges, I am not sure if he has enough stats to be reliable enough.

I won't merge him higher than +1, but out of curiosity: Why deflect melee? Isn't that redundant to Urvan? 

Deflect Melee stacks with Urvan and it further reduces the damage he takes. BH!Ike can tank Laevatein if Laevatein does not run any A skills or if she is not buffed enough. For example, a Counter-Vantage Laevatein +Atk merge +10 at full HP is not able to kill BH!Ike even if she doubles since her Brazen Atk/Spd is not active yet. If BH!Ike runs Steady Stance instead of Deflect Melee though, then that same Laevatein will have enough Atk on the second hit to punch through Urvan. Deflect Melee lowers Laevatein's second attack's damage to like 3.

I can't see any results? What does "upgrade path 5" mean? 

That is weird. The import function works fine on my browser.

Upgrade path 5 means special Refinement. Maybe try deleting "the upgrade path 5" when you copy and paste it into the import popup, then import into the calculator, and then manually reselect the Refinement option on each unit.

Edited by XRay

20 minutes ago, XRay said:

Deflect Melee stacks with Urvan and it further reduces the damage he takes. BH!Ike can tank Laevatein if Laevatein does not run any A skills or if she is not buffed enough. For example, a Counter-Vantage Laevatein +Atk merge +10 at full HP is not able to kill BH!Ike even if she doubles since her Brazen Atk/Spd is not active yet. If BH!Ike runs Steady Stance instead of Deflect Melee though, then that same Laevatein will have enough Atk on the second hit to punch through Urvan. Deflect Melee lowers Laevatein's second attack's damage to like 3.

How often are you going to need to have Ike tank a buffed Laevatein, though?

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

How often are you going to need to have Ike tank a buffed Laevatein, though?

Not often, but it seems pretty awesome to be to do it. Unless you are running Quick Riposte on the Sacred Seal slot, you might as well "permanently" put Deflect Melee on BH!Ike since he is the only one who can use it well with forced Desperation on the enemy. Steady Stance and Close Def are also in high demand by other units and they are less effective compared to Deflect Melee on BH!Ike.

28 minutes ago, XRay said:

For Aether Raids tanking, he will probably need Dragonflowers and Summoner Support if you do not plan to merge him, so he can have stats similar to a +10 unit. At low merges, I am not sure if he has enough stats to be reliable enough.

I have a +2 +DEF OG Myrrh as his competition. Not using tanks in AR yet, just GFing so far. 

29 minutes ago, XRay said:

This seems a very unlikely (albeit awesome) scenario, I'd pick a different approach for such a Laev. Are there many others he can't tank without deflect?

31 minutes ago, XRay said:

That is weird. The import function works fine on my browser.

No idea, I'm browsing the mobile version of SF. It looks like this:

Spoiler

LdkeTXJ.png

34 minutes ago, XRay said:

Upgrade path 5 means special Refinement. Maybe try deleting "the upgrade path 5" when you copy and paste it into the import popup, then import into the calculator, and then manually reselect the Refinement option on each unit.

Can't see any of that (popup, calculator etc.). I could check it tomorrow on my PC. 

19 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

This seems a very unlikely (albeit awesome) scenario, I'd pick a different approach for such a Laev. Are there many others he can't tank without deflect?

If you are running Close Def, BH!Ike will have trouble tanking BH!Celica and Alm running quad Brave skill set. If you are running Deflect Melee, the only reds he has trouble tanking are TLB!Myrrh with Bold Fighter and red dragons with Axebreaker (might be common on offense to deal with Surtr, but I do not think it is common on defense). If you are running Steady Stance, BH!Ike is vulnerable to both groups.

If you are not running any defensive Sacred Seals, then BH!Ike becomes vulnerable to a lot more quad Brave sword users.

19 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

No idea, I'm browsing the mobile version of SF. It looks like this:

Here is the calculator. The calculator is not on Serenes Forest.

Edited by XRay

7 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Fortress Def/Res already serves that purpose, not to mention it's real Res that actually mitigates damage in combat and not fake Res that only applies to the stat comparison.

My Yune has 53 Res.

yeah by giving up punching power with -5 Atk on top of it and not using Sturdy Impact. Doubling doesnt help much if you hit like a wet noodle against opponents that reach 50~ Res due to Eir blessings, hence a Phantom Res seal. Not everyone is running a +10 +RES Yune and have to actually use Fortress Res too

Edited by Hilda