"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

On 9/4/2019 at 9:39 PM, Fire Emblem Fan said:

With Brave Lyn's new refine for Mulagir, is +Spd more ideal to run than +Atk?

With the update in the calculator out now, from what I can tell, if you are going for nuking performance, Brave Bow-Desperation is still miles ahead of Mulagir-Sacae's Blessing, so I would not waste Divine Dew on Mulagir if what you are seeking is performance.

If you do not care about the higher performance and want to preserve her vanilla kit, whether you choose +Atk vs +Spd boils down to how frequently you face super fast units. +Atk seems to be generally better in most cases, since you have a huge Spd advantage by nullifying enemy's Spd buffs. However, if you frequently need BH!Lyn to face off against super fast enemies, +Spd is a better option and you can have a different nuke handle the bulky enemies.

Personally, I think BH!Lyn's Refinement is the worst of the bunch. If you want raw performance, Brave Bow-Desperation's 20,000-24,000 Feathers is cheaper than Mulagir's 200 Divine Dew, and it is also far more effective. If you want Firesweep, use Firesweep Bow and dump Sacae's Blessing. If you want to tank, Guard Bow-Lull Atk/Spd (not released yet) is better.

Challenger List: Against Hard List +10. Both sides got 6/6/6/6 bonus buffs.

Spoiler

CHALLENGER LIST  
Lyn (Brave) (5*+10 +atk)  
Weapon: Mulagir  
Special: Moonbow  
A: Swift Sparrow 3  
B: Sacae's Blessing  
😄 Atk Smoke 3  
S: Atk Spd 2  
Upgrade Path: 5  

Lyn (Brave) (5*+10 +spd)  
😄 Atk Smoke 3  
S: Atk Spd 2  

Lyn (Brave) (5*+10 +atk)  
Weapon: Brave Bow+  
Special: Luna  
😄 Atk Smoke 3  
S: Sturdy Blow 2  

Lyn (Brave) (5*+10 +atk)  
B: Desperation 3  
😄 Atk Smoke 3  
S: Brazen Atk Spd 3  

Lyn (Brave) (5*+10 +atk)  
Weapon: Brave Bow+  
😄 Atk Smoke 3  

Full List: I used this list to test +Atk versus +Spd for vanilla Mulagir set.

Spoiler

ENEMIES - FILTERED FULL LIST  
Include: melee, ranged, red, blue, green, gray, physical, magical, infantry, cavalry, flying, armored, staff, nonstaff  
Rarity: 5*  
Merge: +10  
Boon: +spd  
Replace Special: true  
A: Distant Counter  
Replace A: true  
B: Null C-Disrupt 3  
Replace B: true  
S: Darting Stance 3  
Replace S: false  
:::Status  
Buffs: atk 6, spd 6, def 6, res 6  

Full List: I used this list to test +Atk versus +Spd for vanilla Mulagir set. The only difference between this list and the above list is that this uses Distant Defense instead of Darting Stance.

Spoiler

ENEMIES - FILTERED FULL LIST  
Include: melee, ranged, red, blue, green, gray, physical, magical, infantry, cavalry, flying, armored, staff, nonstaff  
Rarity: 5*  
Merge: +10  
Boon: +spd  
Replace Special: true  
Replace A: true  
B: Null C-Disrupt 3  
Replace B: true  
S: Distant Def 3  
Replace S: false  
:::Status  
Buffs: atk 6, spd 6, def 6, res 6  

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, mampfoid said:

This seems a very unlikely (albeit awesome) scenario, I'd pick a different approach for such a Laev. Are there many others he can't tank without deflect?

A non-Brave sword user needs to have somewhere around 70-90 Atk (not including weapon triangle bonus) to kill Ike depending on his build and buffs when initiating against him. There are very few sword units outside of Laevatein and Triangle Adept that can actually one-round kill Ike on initiation.

37 minutes ago, Hilda said:

yeah by giving up punching power with -5 Atk on top of it and not using Sturdy Impact. Doubling doesnt help much if you hit like a wet noodle against opponents that reach 50~ Res due to Eir blessings, hence a Phantom Res seal. Not everyone is running a +10 +RES Yune and have to actually use Fortress Res too

If you're going for an offensive build, you may as well go for a purely offensive Sacred Seal instead of running Phantom Res. If you don't like Fortress Def/Res's -2 Atk or don't have it, then you can still run Fury 3 (or Fury 4 if you have it) for something similar without giving up offensive power.

And if you're trying to actually attack a dedicated Res tank with Yune, then you're probably doing something wrong. A unit with a middling Atk stat shouldn't be expected to be a wallbreaker.

9 minutes ago, XRay said:

With the update in the calculator out now, from what I can tell, if you are going for nuking performance, Brave Bow-Desperation is still miles ahead of Mulagir-Sacae's Blessing, so I would not waste Divine Dew on Mulagir if what you are seeking is performance.

Unless I'm doing something wrong, Brave Bow only has good performance when she has Brazen Atk/Spd as her Sacred Seal and has it active. Outside of Aether Raids, that means she still needs to take a round of combat first. Her match-ups before she takes damage, though, are pretty underwhelming. If you're locking her to a budget build, her performance with Brave Bow is only slightly better than with Mulagir, even in Brazen range.

Mulagir's performance is both consistently good and extremely safe, and she can also pull it off with cheaper skill inheritance (Life and Death 3 is superior to her default Swift Sparrow 2) with very little cost to performance (Atk/Spd Push 4 and Swift Sparrow 3 are better, but not actually by too much since they don't contribute to Mulagir's Spd check).

Firesweep Bow can only compete with Mulagir when it's running premium skills in both the A (Atk/Spd Push 4 or Swift Sparrow 3) and B (Lull Spd/Def 3) slots on top of the premium weapon.

I'm just waiting for Life and Death 4 to come out.

2 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Unless I'm doing something wrong, Brave Bow only has good performance when she has Brazen Atk/Spd as her Sacred Seal and has it active. Outside of Aether Raids, that means she still needs to take a round of combat first. Her match-ups before she takes damage, though, are pretty underwhelming. If you're locking her to a budget build, her performance with Brave Bow is only slightly better than with Mulagir, even in Brazen range.

Mulagir's performance is both consistently good and extremely safe, and she can also pull it off with cheaper skill inheritance (Life and Death 3 is superior to her default Swift Sparrow 2) with very little cost to performance (Atk/Spd Push 4 and Swift Sparrow 3 are better, but not actually by too much since they don't contribute to Mulagir's Spd check).

Firesweep Bow can only compete with Mulagir when it's running premium skills in both the A (Atk/Spd Push 4 or Swift Sparrow 3) and B (Lull Spd/Def 3) slots on top of the premium weapon.

I'm just waiting for Life and Death 4 to come out.

I think the drop in performance during her first round of combat is worth the risk. For Abyssal, you can retry as many times as you like and you can usually get BH!Lyn to low health by attacking a mage or something. I find low bulk is generally easier to deal with than high bulk.

For a team of SpecialSpiral&HeavyBlade!Lilina + 3 dancers (2 of which will prolly carry Infantry Pulse) which B skill would be best on the dancers? WoM or ER? I was hoping to clear some abyssal content with this team and one hand AoE Lilina doesn't really want nor need to take damage (she's also really friggin squishy I found) so maybe ER would be the better option, but on the other hand how will the dancers (which will probably be the free Ninian and Nephenee w/ Infatry Pulse and then one of Reinhardt or Ishtar for flying versatility) ever survive a fight against abyssal enemies?

3 hours ago, Koumal8 said:

For a team of SpecialSpiral&HeavyBlade!Lilina + 3 dancers (2 of which will prolly carry Infantry Pulse) which B skill would be best on the dancers? WoM or ER? I was hoping to clear some abyssal content with this team and one hand AoE Lilina doesn't really want nor need to take damage (she's also really friggin squishy I found) so maybe ER would be the better option, but on the other hand how will the dancers (which will probably be the free Ninian and Nephenee w/ Infatry Pulse and then one of Reinhardt or Ishtar for flying versatility) ever survive a fight against abyssal enemies?

I would have Lilina take a hit. It is far easier to set up 1 Wings of Mercy than 3 Escape Routes. If the map does not have green mages, staff users, or other weak units to initiate on Lilina, the only other option you have is to set up her HP using DW!Berkut and have him replace one of your Dancers/Singers.

Alternatively, if you can afford to summon 3 flying Dancers/Singers, instead of setting up Wings of Mercy, you can try to use a combination of Aerobatics and Flier Formation. It is much weaker than Wings of Mercy, but it does not need setup either.

For team composition, if you do not have access to Atk Opening, I recommend using one infantry Dancer/Singer at most. You want Lilina to have access to Atk Tactic, and maybe Resort Tactic and Spd Tactic for taking a hit, so having three or more infantry on the team makes buffing her up far more difficult. If you let Lilina take a hit, then she only needs one Infantry Pulse or one Infantry Breath to set up her Blazing spam.

1 hour ago, XRay said:

I would have Lilina take a hit. It is far easier to set up 1 Wings of Mercy than 3 Escape Routes. If the map does not have green mages, staff users, or other weak units to initiate on Lilina, the only other option you have is to set up her HP using DW!Berkut and have him replace one of your Dancers/Singers.

Alternatively, if you can afford to summon 3 flying Dancers/Singers, instead of setting up Wings of Mercy, you can try to use a combination of Aerobatics and Flier Formation. It is much weaker than Wings of Mercy, but it does not need setup either.

For team composition, if you do not have access to Atk Opening, I recommend using one infantry Dancer/Singer at most. You want Lilina to have access to Atk Tactic, and maybe Resort Tactic and Spd Tactic for taking a hit, so having three or more infantry on the team makes buffing her up far more difficult. If you let Lilina take a hit, then she only needs one Infantry Pulse or one Infantry Breath to set up her Blazing spam.

Uh, I hadn't thought about the benefits of Lilina taking a hit! This is some really solid advice, thanks! 

Planning on build the neutral M!Byleth 

Maybe something like this:                                            Creator sword.                                                               Reposition.                                                                                Noontime/Moonbow/not sure about it.                      Distant counter.                                                             Need help with his B skill.                                                 Odd Speed wave.                                                               Darting stance

I wanr to make him kinda enemy phase.               Any advices? Thanks

1 hour ago, Karuu30 said:

Planning on build the neutral M!Byleth 

Maybe something like this:
Creator sword
Reposition
Noontime/Moonbow/not sure about it
Distant counter
Need help with his B skill
Odd Speed wave
Darting stance

I wanr to make him kinda enemy phase. Any advices? Thanks

I would indent instead of typing spaces for formatting.

If you want him to dual phase, I would build him with something like the following:
Creator Sword
Reposition
Moonbow
Distant Counter
Lull Spd/Def — Lull Atk/Spd (not yet released) — Guard — Null C-Disrupt
(Any C; preferably not a Wave unless you can get the other parity Wave on the Sacred Seal slot.) 
Atk/Spd — Chill Spd — Chill Atk
I personally do not recommend running sustainability skills on combat units since sustainability is generally more effective when offloaded to another unit, like Eir or staff users. However, if you really need that sustainability, Renewal Sacred Seal and Noontime are okay in modes where the enemies have difficulty applying pressure (such as Arena) or if their damage output does not significantly outpace Renewal and Noontime's healing (such as Tempest Trials).

If you need him to be an Enemy Phase unit, I recommend turning him into a super tank:
+Spd
Creator Sword
Reposition
Moonbow
Distant Counter
Lull Atk/Spd (not yet released)
Atk Smoke — Pulse Smoke
Distant Def — Close Def — Warding Stance
Light Blessing with 2 Eirs

Edited by XRay

5* +10 is possible, not really sure who to give it to. I've checked my units to see who I used most often despite their low merges, and these are the results... (+[Asset] +[Merges] or -[Flaw])

>Roy (+Atk +2) Slight significance here in that Roy was my first 5*, so it'd be neat to give him the powers he is due, in a way.
>Chrom (+Atk -Res) I use him very often in tandem with M!Corrin to receive a massive +23/10/23/10 Combat buffs alone (not counting other units such as my favorite Seth or Titania plus Kaden), and I certainly don't shut up about him when I get a chance to talk about him. My greatest concern with +10ing him is that if I do, he'll begin taking Chill Defs instead of Corrin, who has 34 versus Chrom's 31, and then to reset the balance I'll have to +10 Corrin as well...
>Effie (+Atk +2) She's been running this set I came up with a while back, in which she uses a Reprisal Lance+ (Atk), Distant Counter, Special Fighter, and Glimmer to OHKO any enemy who comes her way. She runs it pretty well actually, but she could run it better if she had more Atk...
>Reinhardt (+Atk +3) I only mention him because I begrudgingly admit that despite all the powercreep introduced since his time, he is still one of the best Player-Phase units in the game. I do not, however, care much for him despite that, so if +10ing him would be a good option, know that I'd do it begrudgingly.
>Frederick (+Atk -Spd) He still runs the Brave Axe+ build I gave him so long ago. I think now that Sturdy Blow SS plus Sturdy Impact is possible for a massive +10/14 Atk/Def boost, giving Freddy the +10 merge is viable and mean.
>Beruka (+Def -Spd) My only true concern with using her is that I already have a good number of EP Axes, but Beruka does it differently from them by lowering their Atk and packing Guard, freeing up the B slot for Quick Riposte. She's always been a reliable tank, but that addition of Guard just adds to her reliability.
>Boey (+Atk +1) He actually can kill Legendary Alm and take a hit on EP, which really is enough to convince me to consider him. Plus it'd be interesting to have a TA3 unit as a +10...
>Since I mentioned Boey, Sophia is on the table as well. Different PrfRaventome refines, but Sophia's mixed bulk means she can take magic attacks a lot better than Boey can.
>Nino (+Spd +3) I very much considered her and considered giving her a niche but unique and fun Even Waves build... until I realized I didn't have any Even Spd Wave fodder... so I guess she can just run with a +Atk refine on Iris's Tome...
>Klein (+Spd +2) I remember being told that spd  stacking Klein was better than using his special refine... well, I can give him Swift Sparrow 3 or sack a Linus for Brazen Atk/Spd, but not much else...

Honorable mention to Lissa, Brady, and Mercedes. Lissa I don't use at all, but it'd be nice to +10 her regardless due to my +10ing her future descendants, while the other two are just too new for me to truly consider +10ing (I haven't summoned 4* Mercedes yet)

Anyway, any input is appreciated. Note that I can also give them a refine, whether by stone or by dew, though most of the above already have refined weapons.

Edited by Xenomata

Who do you love? That's all +10ing is, really. It doesn't matter how much use they've seen before; hell, it could be argued that the units you've already used have done their job. +10ing (along with marquee inheritance) is a statement to make your favourite as amazing as you feel they should be; that's all. Even garbagemen like Marisa and Mathilda can be made into juggernauts.

8 hours ago, Xenomata said:

>Effie (+Atk +2) She's been running this set I came up with a while back, in which she uses a Reprisal Lance+ (Atk), Distant Counter, Special Fighter, and Glimmer to OHKO any enemy who comes her way. She runs it pretty well actually, but she could run it better if she had more Atk...

For a cheap way to buff her Atk, you may also want to consider running units like Sanaki, BH!Lucina, and WOF!Hinoka who got Drive Atk on their Weapons. Dragonflowers are not exactly cheap, but they are cheap in terms of not needing Orbs and Feathers for merges.

>Nino (+Spd +3) I very much considered her and considered giving her a niche but unique and fun Even Waves build... until I realized I didn't have any Even Spd Wave fodder... so I guess she can just run with a +Atk refine on Iris's Tome...

I personally lean toward Spd Refine to make sure she can double certain enemies. Most Abyssal enemies are slow as fuck, but there will be an occasional dagger enemy with 50+ Spd, so having Nino be able to double those enemies makes solving those maps a bit easier.

I would only go Atk Refine if you are using a +Atk Nino for Counter-Vantage.

>Klein (+Spd +2) I remember being told that spd  stacking Klein was better than using his special refine... well, I can give him Swift Sparrow 3 or sack a Linus for Brazen Atk/Spd, but not much else...

With max investment, I think +Atk regained its edge again.

Challenger List: Against Hard List. Both sides +10 and got 6/6/6/6 bonus buffs. Challengers at 1 HP.

Spoiler

CHALLENGER LIST  
Klein (5*+10 +atk -hp)  
Weapon: Argent Bow  
A: Brazen Atk Spd 4  
Upgrade Path: 2  

Klein (5*+10 +atk -hp)  

54 minutes ago, Parrhesia said:

Who do you love? That's all +10ing is, really. It doesn't matter how much use they've seen before; hell, it could be argued that the units you've already used have done their job. +10ing (along with marquee inheritance) is a statement to make your favourite as amazing as you feel they should be; that's all. Even garbagemen like Marisa and Mathilda can be made into juggernauts.

All of them I mentioned (Except Rein...), which is why I can't decide. It can also be argued that the Gen 1 Infantry need the +10 stat boost the most since recent Infantry are approaching the BST total of Gen 1 armors now, despite still being viable.
Plus having the boosted stats just feels important when every Arena Assault enemy I face is a goddamn beefy Loli Dragon Armor (why the lolis).

38 minutes ago, XRay said:

For a cheap way to buff her Atk, you may also want to consider running units like Sanaki, BH!Lucina, and WOF!Hinoka who got Drive Atk on their Weapons. Dragonflowers are not exactly cheap, but they are cheap in terms of not needing Orbs and Feathers for merges. 

Now that you mention it, I only need enough Armor Flowers to boost her Atk... I barely even use flowers anyway, so it's not that big a deal if I use a few on her...

I personally lean toward Spd Refine to make sure she can double certain enemies. Most Abyssal enemies are slow as fuck, but there will be an occasional dagger enemy with 50+ Spd, so having Nino be able to double those enemies makes solving those maps a bit easier.

I would only go Atk Refine if you are using a +Atk Nino for Counter-Vantage.

I considered it, but I also considered that I'll be giving her Bonus Doubler and... honestly just one of the Squad Assault Spd seals, for 46 base Spd and a potential maximum of +7 Spd, in addition to the Field buffs she'd have. Even just +5 from LegAzura's Earth Dance SS is still 56 total Spd.
But yeah looking again, I'm not seeing many times where one Atk will make the difference in Abyssal or even 748-760 Arena Assault...

With max investment, I think +Atk regained its edge again.

Challenger List: Against Hard List. Both sides +10 and got 6/6/6/6 bonus buffs. Challengers at 1 HP.

Reveal hidden contents

CHALLENGER LIST  
Klein (5*+10 +atk -hp)  
A: Brazen Atk Spd 4  

Klein (5*+10 +atk -hp)  

Ah, it'll just be Brazen Atk/Spd 3, but good to see that the two sets are exactly the same otherwise.
Brazen 3 is 7 kills weaker than Brazen 4. Sparrow 3 is one kill weaker than Brazen 3.

Bolded responses.

I just pulled a spare Saber from the revival banner. For a long time I had been hoping to get a spare Shield Pulse for a certain build I wanted to do for Brave Ike, but his recent refinement makes that old idea completely obsolete. lol It seems like Shield Pulse works best on units with weapons that accelerate special cool down to that it can fully charge Aegis/Pavise right away. Any particular units that might really want it? 

One certain unit I'm eyeballing at the moment is Brave Hector. I have a +Atk +8 Brave Hector. Since his weapon has the special acceleration and quick riposte effect, he might be able to make quite the ranged tank. Would giving him the quick riposte sacred seal in addition to his weapon make him double even if the opponent has sturdy/mirror impact? (those skills are showing up on way too many units these days lol)

2 hours ago, Namero said:

lol It seems like Shield Pulse works best on units with weapons that accelerate special cool down to that it can fully charge Aegis/Pavise right away. Any particular units that might really want it? 

The only unit I would recommend Shield Pulse on that doesn't already have it is Raven. That's it.

Escutcheon doesn't require Shield Pulse to function. Sacred Cowl is hot garbage. Pavise is only competitively viable on Raven. Aegis is only competitively viable on Saber (due to Golden Dagger's stat boost relying on having a charged Special), who already has Shield Pulse. Ice Mirror is actually a good skill, but Fjorm also already has Shield Pulse.

The only other unit I would at all consider running Shield Pulse on is Brave Ike (with Aegis), but only for Aether Raids defense since the only thing the build does particularly well is stall the challenger to run out of turns.

Edited by Ice Dragon

I just pulled a spare Saber from the revival banner. For a long time I had been hoping to get a spare Shield Pulse for a certain build I wanted to do for Brave Ike, but his recent refinement makes that old idea completely obsolete. lol It seems like Shield Pulse works best on units with weapons that accelerate special cool down to that it can fully charge Aegis/Pavise right away.

I think you are vastly underestimating how stupidly wallish BH!Ike can become with Pavise/Aegis. He can be extremely annoying to kill on defense.

Urvan does accelerate cool down Specials, and it can charge Aegis/Pavise on turn one with Shield Pulse. With Pavise charged, practically no melee unit can kill him. Not even Laevatein. Not even Palla. If you want to kill BH!Ike with Pavise using a melee unit, you need a melee unit with Blazing spam, and that is a super niche build and not very common at least for now.

Challenger:

Spoiler

CHALLENGER LIST  
Ike (Brave) (5*)  
Weapon: Urvan  
Special: Pavise  
A: Distant Def 4  
B: Shield Pulse 3  
😄 Threaten Def 3  
S: Deflect Melee 3  

Enemies: Enemies have max Dragonflowers and 7/7/7/7 bonus buffs.

Spoiler

ENEMIES - CUSTOM LIST  
Laevatein (5*+10 +atk -hp)  
Weapon: Laevatein  
B: Vantage 3  

Palla (5*+10 +atk -hp)  
Weapon: Whitewing Blade  
Special: Glimmer  
A: Death Blow 4  
B: Wings of Mercy 3  
😄 Goad Fliers  
S: Sturdy Blow 2  

Any particular units that might really want it? 

One certain unit I'm eyeballing at the moment is Brave Hector. I have a +Atk +8 Brave Hector. Since his weapon has the special acceleration and quick riposte effect, he might be able to make quite the ranged tank. Would giving him the quick riposte sacred seal in addition to his weapon make him double even if the opponent has sturdy/mirror impact? (those skills are showing up on way too many units these days lol)

Outside of literal walls and maybe a few nukes, no.

BH!Hector is a tank, and while tanks can use defensive Specials, defensive Specials are generally underwhelming on tanks without the right set up. If BH!Hector cannot handle a Sturdy Impact nuke without Pavise, he should not handle them even with Pavise.

Running double Quick Riposte is fine, but Null Follow-Up is not exactly rare either, so whether or not you run two Quick Ripostes depends on how many Null Follow-Ups you encounter.

Edited by XRay

55 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

So with B!Ike's new Urvan refine is it better to use a +Def/-Res one or a +HP/-Spd copy?

Depends on how much merges you give him. +HP is his best Asset at low merges. At high merges, his bulk is so high that +HP does not even matter anymore, so I would go with +Atk.

7 hours ago, XRay said:

Depends on how much merges you give him. +HP is his best Asset at low merges. At high merges, his bulk is so high that +HP does not even matter anymore, so I would go with +Atk.

Well not really merging him since he is still the source for Steady Breath so i’ll use the +Hp/-Spd one then instead of the +Def (good thing i kept both all this time). Maybe if i get lucky and get +Atk in the future I might switch 

actually speaking of merging, is it worth merging the Spd superbane or does he actually want to be slower for the Aether charges?

1 minute ago, mcsilas said:

Well not really merging him since he is still the source for Steady Breath so i’ll use the +Hp/-Spd one then instead of the +Def (good thing i kept both all this time). Maybe if i get lucky and get +Atk in the future I might switch 

actually speaking of merging, is it worth merging the Spd superbane or does he actually want to be slower for the Aether charges?

I would personally keep the -Spd. BH!Ike is still very bulky at merge+0, so I do not think the HP/Atk+1 at merge+1 is worth the Spd+4, and if you really need the HP boost, you can give BH!Ike 1 Dragonflower.

I do not think it is worth it to give BH!Ike merges unless you are committed to give him lots of merges.

1 hour ago, Lemmy said:

Any suggestions for Brave Lucina?

I gave her other drives, move skills, and Atk/Res Link. Her primary role has been to stand near Brave Ike, and I’m not sure what other roles she’s good at.

She is basically blue M!Corrin but for physical units. She is best paired with green super tanks so she can take out reds.

Her A slot should depend on what other kinds of support you want her to provide. I recommend running Life and Death or Fort. Def/Res for drawing Chills, or you can stack HP so she can utilize Sudden Panic and Infantry Pulse.

I am not a huge fan of Links on her since those can be Panicked, and Geirskögul does not work well with Smite since the Weapon needs to be close by for it to buff allies.

So, the game casually throws more Surtrs at me than I know what to do with. I'd start merging, but I hate Surtr. 

That leaves skill inheritance. His SS4 is a great skill, but who would be really optimal candidates for this thing. Camus, Boey, and Xander immediately come to mind, and I'm already running it on Michalis. Anyone else, from a dolphin/semi-free perspective?

7 hours ago, Etheus said:

So, the game casually throws more Surtrs at me than I know what to do with. I'd start merging, but I hate Surtr. 

That leaves skill inheritance. His SS4 is a great skill, but who would be really optimal candidates for this thing. Camus, Boey, and Xander immediately come to mind, and I'm already running it on Michalis. Anyone else, from a dolphin/semi-free perspective?

I would give it to units with Distant Counter, preferably those with Res that is higher than their Def, so their defensive stats are relatively equal. Fae is one example off the top of my head.

You can also give it to pure Def tanks, but I find pure Def tanks and pure Res tanks to be rather niche. I find balanced Def/Res tanks to be generally more useful since they are better at handling overlapping enemy ranges.

I've been using +atk Dorcas which works well, but I got a +res copy on his recent banner. Not sure which is better overall. The extra attack often helps with survival, since he can one-shot tomes fairly easily with double Fierce Stance or a Brazen skill. However, +res is a superboon. Mine would have nine total merges and ten flowers, so the extra four resistance could be useful. (At +10, it's 29 resistance with +atk, and 33 resistance with +res.)