"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

11 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Which unit's base kit and BST is worth the highest Arena score?

Eliwood and Dorcas both fall in the 175-179 bucket in terms of total stats after the first merge. The other free and 4-star melee armors are in the 170-174 bucket after the first merge, and Cecilia is in the 165-169 bucket. Moving up or down a bucket is worth 1/2 of an Arena point per match (after accounting for the 2× multiplier for having a bonus unit).

I'm not sure why the scoring of their base kits would matter since there are cheap options to max out scoring for each skill slot, especially if you're going to be making this a merge project.

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, TheSilentChloey said:

I need help calculating Grima's max stats at 10+ merges.  He's +Atk and has full Dragonflowers:

male_grima__3_by_thesilentchloey_ddh3zxd

So what will his max stats be?

You can check his page on Gamepedia.

Factoring in Asset and ignoring Flaw, his stats at +0 are 48/44/24/35/27.

Merge +10 grants all stats +4.

Dragonflowers +5 grants all stats +1.

Summoner Support grants HP+5 and all stats +2.

Mythic Blessing grants HP+5, as well as either Atk+3, Spd+4, Def+5, or Res+5, for each corresponding Mythic Hero present.

4 minutes ago, TheSilentChloey said:

I need help calculating Grima's max stats at 10+ merges.  He's +Atk and has full Dragonflowers:

So what will his max stats be?

Base is 48/40/24/35/27.

Attack superboon increases Atk by 4. +10 merges increases all stats by 4. That makes 52/48/28/39/31.

Dragonflowers add 1 to every stat. So final raw stats are 53/49/29/40/32.

Summoner support then adds 5 HP and 2 in every other stat, so you end up with 58/51/31/42/34.

I'm planning on building a +10 regular Fae, and I'm trying to figure out which nature to go for. My plan is to feed her my extra Nailah for Distant Counter and Null C-Disrupt so she can crush opposing Firesweep and staff attackers, particularly in Aether Raids. She'll stick with Light Breath for now, although I'm guessing she'll be able to replace it with some sort of prf eventually. She currently has a +Def refine on Light Breath, but I could easily add another refine as well, since I have a ton of stones on hand.

With +10 merges and +10 dragonflowers, Fae's baseline stats will be 52 HP, 39 Atk, 34 Spd, 31 Def, and 36 Res, plus the nature (and refine effect). Her superboons are HP and Def. Seems like the simplest answers would be to either stick with Def to get it up to 39, or switch to Spd to get it to 40. Other options that come to mind are a Spd/Def or Def/Res split between the nature and refine. Which makes it seem like a Def nature is probably the most versatile?

1 hour ago, Othin said:

I'm planning on building a +10 regular Fae, and I'm trying to figure out which nature to go for. My plan is to feed her my extra Nailah for Distant Counter and Null C-Disrupt so she can crush opposing Firesweep and staff attackers, particularly in Aether Raids. She'll stick with Light Breath for now, although I'm guessing she'll be able to replace it with some sort of prf eventually. She currently has a +Def refine on Light Breath, but I could easily add another refine as well, since I have a ton of stones on hand.

With +10 merges and +10 dragonflowers, Fae's baseline stats will be 52 HP, 39 Atk, 34 Spd, 31 Def, and 36 Res, plus the nature (and refine effect). Her superboons are HP and Def. Seems like the simplest answers would be to either stick with Def to get it up to 39, or switch to Spd to get it to 40. Other options that come to mind are a Spd/Def or Def/Res split between the nature and refine. Which makes it seem like a Def nature is probably the most versatile?

I would personally choose Def as it helps bring her lowish Def to more normal levels. The reason is that eventually she will get a pfr and the special refine might not give a defense buff so you will be stuck with 31 defense, unless she is used with Naga or Thrasir. So having 35 defense will be useful. 

34 minutes ago, SuperNova125 said:

I would personally choose Def as it helps bring her lowish Def to more normal levels. The reason is that eventually she will get a pfr and the special refine might not give a defense buff so you will be stuck with 31 defense, unless she is used with Naga or Thrasir. So having 35 defense will be useful. 

That's a good point. Without knowing what the prf will do, Def will probably be best with it.

16 hours ago, XRay said:

You can check his page on Gamepedia.

Factoring in Asset and ignoring Flaw, his stats at +0 are 48/44/24/35/27.

Merge +10 grants all stats +4.

Dragonflowers +5 grants all stats +1.

Summoner Support grants HP+5 and all stats +2.

Mythic Blessing grants HP+5, as well as either Atk+3, Spd+4, Def+5, or Res+5, for each corresponding Mythic Hero present.

Considering I don't actually have any of the Dark Mythic heroes I guess that last bit is kind of meaningless in a way, but that said thanks for the help 🙂

16 hours ago, Humanoid said:

Base is 48/40/24/35/27.

Attack superboon increases Atk by 4. +10 merges increases all stats by 4. That makes 52/48/28/39/31.

Dragonflowers add 1 to every stat. So final raw stats are 53/49/29/40/32.

Summoner support then adds 5 HP and 2 in every other stat, so you end up with 58/51/31/42/34.

Thanks for that.  This was more helpful as I was finding it hard to get to that myself.  Thank you very much.

As someone who could give less of a damn about AR, and being forced to do so for that Brave Ike. What is the easiest way to keep my sanity in check? At tier 14 and have been in such a roadblock for about 2 full weeks now.

(Shouldn't be running into +10 full armor comps in tier 14, but I kind of am) Seriously my last battle had a defense team with +10 winter Fae, +10 brave Hector, +10 Surtr ALL ON ONE TEAM. Something is seriously wrong if my brave Micaiah can't even leave a dent in any of them except Hector and even then, she dies on retaliation due to his DC.

Is it even worth it pushing for this nonsense? Its coming down to either push forward and go mentally insane. Or give up and keep my sanity in check.

Also. I shall forever dub this mode complete pay to win.

Sorry if I sound a bit annoyed. But TLDR: best way of actually getting through this last push to tier 15?

Edited by Faellin

4 minutes ago, Faellin said:

As someone who could give less of a damn about AR, and being forced to do so for that Brave Ike. What is the easiest way to keep my sanity in check? At tier 14 and have been in such a roadblock for about 2 full weeks now.

(Shouldn't be running into +10 full armor comps in tier 14, but I kind of am) Seriously my last battle had a defense team with +10 winter Fae, +10 brave Hector, +10 Surtr ALL ON ONE TEAM.

Is it even worth it pushing for this nonsense? Its coming down to either push forward and go mentally insane. Or give up and keep my sanity in check.

Sorry if I sound a bit annoyed. But TLDR: best way of actually getting through this last push to tier 15?

You're essentially time-gated by your buildings. As a late starter myself, I'm still not caught up with all the level 5 defense fortresses I'm coming up against. A lot of progress therefore is just playing week-after-week to improve your buildings (and team size) rather than anything you're doing wrong specifically. You'll get there eventually.

One notable thing is that AR matchups are based purely on tier so it's luck of the draw that you got that whale defense team. It's also possible to fight a defense team consisting of a single level 1 4-star unit in tier 18, because it's happened to me recently. Hell, I'm in tier 19, but I only have four defense units and have intentionally placed no buildings, so other people in T18-20 who attack me essentially get a free win.

If you're using the auto-improve feature for your buildings, don't. Save all your Heavenly Dew for your offense fortress. Save your Aether Stones for offensive buildings.  The Escape Ladder is useful so you can just bail out of the unfair matchups and try again, hoping for better luck. Beyond that, it's just a matter of time.

16 hours ago, Faellin said:

(Shouldn't be running into +10 full armor comps in tier 14, but I kind of am) Seriously my last battle had a defense team with +10 winter Fae, +10 brave Hector, +10 Surtr ALL ON ONE TEAM. Something is seriously wrong if my brave Micaiah can't even leave a dent in any of them except Hector and even then, she dies on retaliation due to his DC.

Always use the double-Aether-double-Lift option. The only time you shouldn't use this option is on the last day if you don't have enough Aether to double. I cannot stress this one enough. Because it only costs 1 use of your ladder to surrender or fail the run, even if you are doing a double run, this is the most efficient possible use for your ladders.

Focus on upgrading your Ladder and offense Fortress first, then focus on upgrading your other offense buildings. I'm personally a fan of the Tactics Room and Shrines. Note that for higher Fortress levels, you'll eventually need to upgrade your defense Fortress, but you can put that off until it prompts you to do so.

If you have defensive Mythic Heroes, you can make dummy defense teams with just the defensive Mythic Heroes and some dummy blessed units for some free Lift loss protection on defense losses. Make sure to set the map to automatically switch based on the season. You've pretty much got nothing to lose other than a few blessings that you get for free anyways (the daily rewards for Aether Raids will give you 1 of each Mythic blessing every 2 weeks).

Finally, check your defense loss replays for any opponents that challenged you with underleveled offense Fortresses. Chances are that they're a player that is newer to the mode and won't have a well-leveled defense Fortress, meaning you can use the rematch feature to play against their defense map for a better chance of getting an easier map.

Edited by Ice Dragon

5 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

If you have defensive Mythic Heroes, you can make dummy defense teams with just the defensive Mythic Heroes and some dummy blessed units for some free Lift loss protection on defense losses. Make sure to set the map to automatically switch based on the season. You've pretty much got nothing to lose other than a few blessings that you get for free anyways (the daily rewards for Aether Raids will give you 1 of each Mythic blessing every 2 weeks).

Only mythics I have are Naga and Eir. And based on Naga's AR skill she is more for offense. Never really went out of my way for any others since I never planned to heavily invest in this mode. Naga I went for because of unique dragon slaying buffs and thats about it.

Edited by Faellin

1 hour ago, Faellin said:

Only mythics I have are Naga and Eir. And based on Naga's AR skill she is more for offense. Never really went out of my way for any others since I never planned to heavily invest in this mode. Naga I went for because of unique dragon slaying buffs and thats about it.

By "defensive Mythic Heroes", I meant Anima (Duma, Thrasir) and Dark (Yune, Sothis), the two elements that decrease Lift loss when losing a defense challenge. Since you don't have any of those, you don't have to bother with that paragraph.

So, I got a spare Fallen Corrin. I don't think merging her is my best option, since it would be hard to +10 her as a F2P.

Which of her skills is the better one to fodder? Her A skill could be pretty good on a Galeforce unit, like OG!Eliwood with his Blazing Durandal refine, while her B skill could be used as support, but I think Aversa covers that niche really well

12 hours ago, Rinco said:

So, I got a spare Fallen Corrin. I don't think merging her is my best option, since it would be hard to +10 her as a F2P.

Which of her skills is the better one to fodder? Her A skill could be pretty good on a Galeforce unit, like OG!Eliwood with his Blazing Durandal refine, while her B skill could be used as support, but I think Aversa covers that niche really well

It depends on play style a bit, but you generally do not want your Galeforcers to be dependent on positioning requirements, especially for Aether Raids where you may need allies to warp to the Galeforcer. For other modes, Atk/Spd Solo is okay on Galeforcers but you may need to switch it out. In my opinion, unless the unit already comes straight out the box as an antisocial unit like Edelgard and the Legendary versions of the Sacred Twins, Solos should be a unit's secondary A skill rather than their primary one.

I would personally prioritize Sudden Panic. Effective A skills are a dime a dozen with your pick of Fury, Life and Death, and Death Blow. Even though I am a Player Phase player, I cannot really recommend the fancier A skills when you can go with fancier B skills. While A skills are important, you can often close the gap with buffs and better manipulation of skills (e.g.: Player Phase foes are slow on Enemy Phase if they use Swift Sparrow; they are slow if they have full HP and utilizing Brazens; etc.). For Sudden Panic, I would put it on backline supporters such as Loki, BB!Fjorm, or any other unit that actually wants +HP to do things.

Edited by XRay

12 hours ago, Rinco said:

I personally consider the first merge to generally be worth it (unless the character has an actual dump stat and you have it as their Flaw) due to the fact that it gives the unit +5 or +6 to stats.

16 minutes ago, Jave said:

Do Heavy/Flashing Blade stack with Wrath?

Heavy Blade/Flashing Blade and Wrath are different effects; they stack in the same way that bonus buffs and in combat buffs stack since they are different types of buffs.

Heavy Blade and Flashing Blade increase the charging rate of cooldown reduction. where you get two cooldown counts per unit's attack (or per any attack for Breaths, Special Fighter, etc.).

Wrath directly decreases a count of cooldown reduction outside of combat.

16 minutes ago, XRay said:

Heavy Blade/Flashing Blade and Wrath are different effects; they stack in the same way that bonus buffs and in combat buffs stack since they are different types of buffs.

Heavy Blade and Flashing Blade increase the charging rate of cooldown reduction. where you get two cooldown counts per unit's attack (or per any attack for Breaths, Special Fighter, etc.).

Wrath directly decreases a count of cooldown reduction outside of combat.

So... they do combine well with each other then. 

Thanks for the answer. 

On 9/28/2019 at 11:46 AM, Othin said:

That's a good point. Without knowing what the prf will do, Def will probably be best with it.

my Fae is +def. (with refines to her breath), and she does REALLY well for me.(she does have Lightning Breath/Brazen) but i have been considering for a while to give her my spare Nailah for the DC/Null as well (mostly because Nailah sucks  at that job, and I can't think of anyone else i'd like to build who would benefit from it. 

21 hours ago, Rinco said:

well to be fair - you  could do it. it just means saving up a tonne of orbs.  but i hear you. 

Atk/Spd Solo is great for Healers, and again Eliwood would benefit

and while Aversa has the niche covered, it could be worthwhile to merge away the bane (as well) - depending on the IVS. (for example, mine is +spd/-hp, which is her perfect one) and I too got a spare corrin. my dreams of +10ing her died, so i am just gonna save that atk/spd solo for the grail flying healer that's eventually gonna come lol. 

Edited by daisy jane

17 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

well to be fair - you  could do it. it just means saving up a tonne of orbs.  but i hear you. 

Atk/Spd Solo is great for Healers, and again Eliwood would benefit

and while Aversa has the niche covered, it could be worthwhile to merge away the bane (as well) - depending on the IVS. (for example, mine is +spd/-hp, which is her perfect one) and I too got a spare corrin. my dreams of +10ing her died, so i am just gonna save that atk/spd solo for the grail flying healer that's eventually gonna come lol. 

Both are -Def, one being +Hp and the other +Atk

I guess I'll save them both for now

I don't really use her that much.

I think it was only when she was a bonus in Arena/AR

I just like to keep a copy of 5* exclusive heroes that I get, but recently I've been more open to foddering them, like I did with my only Nailah to give B!Ike DC and Null C Disrupt

Edited by Rinco

2 hours ago, Rinco said:

I don't really use her that much.

I think it was only when she was a bonus in Arena/AR

I just like to keep a copy of 5* exclusive heroes that I get, but recently I've been more open to foddering them, like I did with my only Nailah to give B!Ike DC and Null C Disrupt

ah. if that's the case, then i totally get it. 
I usually fodder my only copy if they come busted. (or i really don't know who to give it to). 
only thing keeping Lewyn Alive right now is that A: i actually like him and B: I don't need him this moment because I had Keaton. 

What would be the best setup for Brave Ike to make him the tankiest monstrosity to ever exist? Since I heard him and Lucina got the best refines with the CYL 1 set.

Edited by Faellin