Jump to content
Randoman

"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, Flying Shogi said:

Does surrendering count as a loss for the ladder's in Aether Raids?

Yes, it does.  I had to do that once and it was counted as a loss.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pulled two L!Alm in the legendary banner, one was -atk +res and the other was -spd +hp. I decided to keep the -atk and merge the other so now he’s only +res.

The problem is his A slot, should I keep Darting blow? Or give him LnD/SS2 for more offensive power?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Karuu30 said:

Pulled two L!Alm in the legendary banner, one was -atk +res and the other was -spd +hp. I decided to keep the -atk and merge the other so now he’s only +res.

The problem is his A slot, should I keep Darting blow? Or give him LnD/SS2 for more offensive power?

On a defense team, Swift Sparrow would be best, preferably Swift Sparrow 3 whenever you can afford it.

If you are using him manually, then be sure to run Desperation instead, as Null Follow-Up does not help his sustainability. Any A skill works, but I lean towards Life and Death because it is cheaper and stronger than Swift Sparrow 2, and the Def/Res penalty does not matter once you are in Desperation range. You can also use Fury if you want to get into Desperation range easier.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, XRay said:

If you are using him manually, then be sure to run Desperation instead, as Null Follow-Up does not help his sustainability. Any A skill works, but I lean towards Life and Death because it is cheaper and stronger than Swift Sparrow 2, and the Def/Res penalty does not matter once you are in Desperation range. You can also use Fury if you want to get into Desperation range easier.

That’s true. Desperation is better for full offensive power. I’ll go with LnD as a place holder until SS3 becomes more affordable for me and my orbs. Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

me: okay Nailah is just sitting here being dusty. 
Me: but i really hate her. because she sucks at her one job. 
me: but I need to kill this vero and everyone else is kinda scary. 
Me: i think Nailah can do this. you can kill a vero with NO A SKILL RIGHT?
Nailah: proceeds to be useless. 

I've got her flowers, and i got her feathersthe only reason this lump of wolfmeat exists is because i really have no idea who to give her to. I was considering Fae - but i think it depends on what her prf-refine is. (the DC really doesn't matter, i figure for Arena she can rock the PRF/DC/Null) then in other modes rock lightning breath/DD4 (as i got some Mufasa fodder, who is also utterly junk for me - man i hate most of the beasts units). anyhoo

other than Libra/Hawkeye who are also good canidates for the null disrupt?
Norne? (But the DC tho.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

me: okay Nailah is just sitting here being dusty. 
Me: but i really hate her. because she sucks at her one job. 
me: but I need to kill this vero and everyone else is kinda scary. 
Me: i think Nailah can do this. you can kill a vero with NO A SKILL RIGHT?
Nailah: proceeds to be useless. 

I've got her flowers, and i got her feathersthe only reason this lump of wolfmeat exists is because i really have no idea who to give her to. I was considering Fae - but i think it depends on what her prf-refine is. (the DC really doesn't matter, i figure for Arena she can rock the PRF/DC/Null) then in other modes rock lightning breath/DD4 (as i got some Mufasa fodder, who is also utterly junk for me - man i hate most of the beasts units). anyhoo

other than Libra/Hawkeye who are also good canidates for the null disrupt?
Norne? (But the DC tho.)

If you have Close Counter and 1 or more A Monstrous Harvest Hectors, I highly recommend Kronya. A Counter-Vantage unit that enemies cannot Firesweep against feels really good.

If not, I would just hold onto her until a Refine comes out for Fae and Nowi. You might want to consider M!Kana too, but wait until we see what Refine F!Kana since their effects should be somewhat symmetrical.

I recommend inheriting Distant Counter with Null C-Disrupt even if the recipient is a dragon, since dragons can run Water Breath for more tankiness.

If you want a more modern unit who will be less affected by Weapon Refinements, Bantu could be an option.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

me: okay Nailah is just sitting here being dusty. 
Me: but i really hate her. because she sucks at her one job. 
me: but I need to kill this vero and everyone else is kinda scary. 
Me: i think Nailah can do this. you can kill a vero with NO A SKILL RIGHT?
Nailah: proceeds to be useless.

Try giving her Quickened Pulse or Time's Pulse (or support from Infantry Pulse, Ostia's Pulse, or Geirskogul) or Quick Riposte (if you have enough Spd to prevent her from being doubled) and a 3-charge Special like Bonfire or Luna.

Or Fierce Breath.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, XRay said:

If you have Close Counter and 1 or more A Monstrous Harvest Hectors, I highly recommend Kronya. A Counter-Vantage unit that enemies cannot Firesweep against feels really good.

If not, I would just hold onto her until a Refine comes out for Fae and Nowi. You might want to consider M!Kana too, but wait until we see what Refine F!Kana since their effects should be somewhat symmetrical.

I recommend inheriting Distant Counter with Null C-Disrupt even if the recipient is a dragon, since dragons can run Water Breath for more tankiness.

If you want a more modern unit who will be less affected by Weapon Refinements, Bantu could be an option.

I've got a Kronya. she's waiting for special spiral though.
firesweep isn't really something i've struggled against. it's the magic-y healers. 

yah i can always wait. my little chicken has done okay so far. i just want to really deck her out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just pulled my first Valbar and am wondering if anyone actually built him yet? Since he's a favorite of mine from SoV I was thinking of making him a future merge project.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Faellin said:

Just pulled my first Valbar and am wondering if anyone actually built him yet? Since he's a favorite of mine from SoV I was thinking of making him a future merge project.

If you are looking for a build, Valbar is nothing special, so he will be running a standard Enemy Phase or dual phase build.

Enemy Phase:
+Def/Res
(Any lance that works on Enemy Phase)
Swap
(Any Special that activates during every round of combat)
Distant Counter
Vengeful Fighter
Ward Armor
(Any Sacred Seal that boosts any combination of Atk, Def, and/or Res)

Dual Phase
+Atk/Def/Res
Slaying Lance
Reposition
Bonfire
Bold Fighter
Armor March
Quick Riposte

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just wanted to get a second opinion before using rare fodder

1.) I'm thinking of merging an extra Silque- is +Res better for the balanced defenses or does she want +Atk more?

2.) Have an extra L!Alm (+Spd/-Res). My original L!lm is +Spd/-HP. Normally I'd merge in a heartbeat but I just had a fun idea- I'm thinking of making a Galeforce +Spd/-HP Owain as a fun callback to Awakening. Would L!Alm's Darting Blow 4 + Null Follow Up (or Atk Wave) be good for the fun GF build? It's mostly PvE against the harder maps I guess when inflated stats might need Darting Blow 4's speed. (Is NFU even a good B skill for a Galeforce unit? It being infantry only at least sets him apart from the cav GF units/Tibarn.)

...if I do inherit the Alm, should I keep with -HP or -Res as my L!Alm? Or should I just merge since now Gerik has DB 4, and there's a few NFU units in the general pool.

Maybe pinging GF expert @mampfoid for thoughts on NFU for GF units?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So I have done some research on a good build for my 10+ Masked Marth (aka Mask) and I had some generalized  questions.

 

I tested a build with Moonbow L&D3, Null Follow Up, and I think it was either threaten Atk or Atk Smoke with the S Seal being Chill Spd 3 as well as +Atk Falchion refine vs +Spd Falchion refine.  I noticed that in both cases Mask didn't need the +Spd refine as it actually lowered her over all performance, also for thorough testing I also did the Special refine and since I know Mask tends to keep away from her allies most of the time that it is kind of redundant to use her special refine especially if she's not going to be near anyone for it to be worthwhile.

 

Any reason why that might be the case of just a few wins between them?  Note I did use this and didn't give her any buffs/debuffs or spurs, I just put in the flat numbers and that was what happened.  She also has +3 dragon flowers hence she'd get up to 50 spd (and overkill in the speed department as well)

 

Aside from that with the build I am intending to use the affore mentioned build I was testing, in the general sense is it better for Mask to run the +Atk refine or the +Spd refine?

 

Bearing in mind she tends to be mostly alone, which team mates would be powerful enough to support her from a square or two away while dealing with any units she specifically can't?  Are there some units that stack up better than others in terms of their play styles?

 

Are there other builds that could be used like drives and spurs for Mask's non lethal build, if or should that be her role on a given team?

 

Finally are there any specific builds to help with TT maps?

Edited by TheSilentChloey

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

1.) I'm thinking of merging an extra Silque- is +Res better for the balanced defenses or does she want +Atk more?

Are you actually going to be leaving her sitting around to tank hits?

 

57 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

(Is NFU even a good B skill for a Galeforce unit? It being infantry only at least sets him apart from the cav GF units/Tibarn.)

Only if you need to break Wary Fighter (or similar effects) often. If it's just PvE, you can usually get away with using the corresponding Weaponbreaker instead, unless there are multiple enemies with Wary Fighter.

 

58 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

...if I do inherit the Alm, should I keep with -HP or -Res as my L!Alm? Or should I just merge since now Gerik has DB 4, and there's a few NFU units in the general pool.

Personally, I'd merge Alm since Darting Blow 4 and Null Follow-Up aren't too high in demand in general, but if you don't want to merge, I'd probably keep -Res.

 

57 minutes ago, TheSilentChloey said:

Any reason why that might be the case of just a few wins between them?

Because 50 Spd is way overkill against enemies that aren't buffed or built properly. You need to set the enemy merges, builds (you can use preset lists like the Hard List), and buffs to something that accurately reflects what you're intending to fight against.

 

59 minutes ago, TheSilentChloey said:

Aside from that with the build I am intending to use the affore mentioned build I was testing, in the general sense is it better for Mask to run the +Atk refine or the +Spd refine?

For refines, I normally go for Spd over Atk unless you really need that Atk for a stat comparison (Heavy Blade, Ardent Durandal, etc.) since the Spd refine gives 1 more point of stats and tier 3 skills give the same amount of Atk as Spd.

 

1 hour ago, TheSilentChloey said:

Bearing in mind she tends to be mostly alone, which team mates would be powerful enough to support her from a square or two away while dealing with any units she specifically can't?  Are there some units that stack up better than others in terms of their play styles?

Anything, really. Infantry have a lot more freedom for teammates than other movement types at the cost of having fewer movement-type-specific buff skills.

 

1 hour ago, TheSilentChloey said:

Finally are there any specific builds to help with TT maps?

Every Falchion user can run a combat healer build with Renewal in both the B and Sacred Seal slots and Reciprocal Aid as their Assist. You preferably want something like HP/Spd 2 in the A slot for this build.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, mcsilas said:

1.) I'm thinking of merging an extra Silque- is +Res better for the balanced defenses or does she want +Atk more?

For Absorb you'd prefer +ATK, otherwise I tend to bulky boons for bulky healers. 

4 hours ago, mcsilas said:

2.) Have an extra L!Alm (+Spd/-Res). My original L!lm is +Spd/-HP. Normally I'd merge in a heartbeat but I just had a fun idea- I'm thinking of making a Galeforce +Spd/-HP Owain as a fun callback to Awakening. Would L!Alm's Darting Blow 4 + Null Follow Up (or Atk Wave) be good for the fun GF build? It's mostly PvE against the harder maps I guess when inflated stats might need Darting Blow 4's speed. (Is NFU even a good B skill for a Galeforce unit? It being infantry only at least sets him apart from the cav GF units/Tibarn.)

...if I do inherit the Alm, should I keep with -HP or -Res as my L!Alm? Or should I just merge since now Gerik has DB 4, and there's a few NFU units in the general pool.

Maybe pinging GF expert @mampfoid for thoughts on NFU for GF units?

Alm can provide Infantry pulse on AR defense, so I would go with -RES. (overall I'd merge him)

NFU looks handy on first glance, he could attack sword breaker units, but you would attack those units with a blue or green unit anyway. You can counter Wary Fighter with breakers (much cheaper than NFU), but I usually have Desperation, Drag Back or Wings of Mercy on my GF units. 

Darting Blow 4 isn't that great, Swift Sparrow 4 would be much better. In most cases even LnD3 would be better, since you can stack SPD easily with buffs/drives/debuffs and seals. 

I wouldn't make Owain a GF unit, since his complete skillset is made for enemy phase. Plus his movement type isn't that great for player phase either. 

Better merge your Alms, it will help in AR, Arena and Allegiance Battle. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, mcsilas said:

1.) I'm thinking of merging an extra Silque- is +Res better for the balanced defenses or does she want +Atk more?

I would go with +Res, but if you are using her as a Counter-Vantage healer on a defense team, I think either are fine since +Res helps her tank nukes, but I lean a bit more towards +Atk since nukes hit super hard, so I am not sure if it will even make a difference even if you boost her Res.

4 hours ago, mcsilas said:

It's mostly PvE against the harder maps I guess when inflated stats might need Darting Blow 4's speed.

Most Abyssal enemies have Spd around 40s and 30s. There will be a few that can reach 50+ Spd, but those are few and far between.

4 hours ago, mcsilas said:

...if I do inherit the Alm, should I keep with -HP or -Res as my L!Alm?

I lean towards -HP. Being able to get into Desperation range by stepping on a Level 1 Bolt Trap is a huge life saver. Most of the time, Bolt Traps are leveled, but occasionally there will be Level 1 Bolt Traps out there to trick Player Phase teams to step onto them that does not do enough damage to get them into Desperation range, thus making it far more difficult for the nuke to get into Desperation range via combat through eating counter attacks if they are not running Fury.

I strongly discourage merging until you can merge him to like +4 or more at once, since having 1 extra point in Atk/Spd is not really worth the HP bump in my opinion.

Another reason to go for -HP is that you can still buff his Atk/Spd via Flowers, and not raise his HP above 40. HP is almost always the first stat to be boosted since HP is usually the highest level 1 stat, so having -HP means that his HP will be 37 instead of 41.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

I can't check right now but doesn't Silque have decent resbulk? (at neutral i mean?)

Silque's neutral stats are 39 HP, 33 Atk, 23 Spd, 35 Def, and 31 Res. +Spd, +Def, and +Res are her superassets and -HP is her superflaw. She more or less has the same stat spread as Conrad.

Edited by Kaden

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Kaden said:

Silque's neutral stats are 39 HP, 33 Atk, 23 Spd, 35 Def, and 31 Res. +Spd, +Def, and +Res are her superassets and -HP is her superflaw. She more or less has the same stat spread as Conrad.

 

 

thanks -

@mcsilas 

+spd/-res Alm is his best IV (outside of +atk/-res) everything else is a superbane for him. I'd just switch if you didn't invest. 

if i were me, I'd go with +atk Silque (hits a bit harder, heals a bit better). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, TheSilentChloey said:

I tested a build with Moonbow L&D3, Null Follow Up, and I think it was either threaten Atk or Atk Smoke with the S Seal being Chill Spd 3 as well as +Atk Falchion refine vs +Spd Falchion refine.  I noticed that in both cases Mask didn't need the +Spd refine as it actually lowered her over all performance, also for thorough testing I also did the Special refine and since I know Mask tends to keep away from her allies most of the time that it is kind of redundant to use her special refine especially if she's not going to be near anyone for it to be worthwhile.

Any reason why that might be the case of just a few wins between them?  Note I did use this and didn't give her any buffs/debuffs or spurs, I just put in the flat numbers and that was what happened.  She also has +3 dragon flowers hence she'd get up to 50 spd (and overkill in the speed department as well)

Aside from that with the build I am intending to use the affore mentioned build I was testing, in the general sense is it better for Mask to run the +Atk refine or the +Spd refine?

It is a good idea to know which mode you will be using her in so you know how to adjust your enemy list. In modes with low Spd, I think the Hard List is a good enemy list to test things, but if you are using her in modes with high Spd, you probably want to switch to the Full List and give every enemy +Spd and Fury.

Hard List is very heavily skewed towards armor units, so it is not the best list to use in my opinion for things like Aether Raids, but it is a good list for things like high scoring Arena and PvE where bulk is high but Spd is mediocre or low.

Basically, increasing Atk is better against slow enemies while increasing Spd is better against fast enemies.

As for the build itself, unless you are absolutely certain Marth Lucina is going to kill exactly one enemy, or two at best, I high discourage Null Follow-Up since it does not provide sustainability.

With few exceptions, fast nukes do not want to have high HP. Nukes ideally should be at 50% HP or less so they can activate all HP threshold skills such as Brazens (80% or less), Desperation (75% or less), and Wings of Mercy on Dancers/Singers (50% or less). Being at high HP severely limits a nuke's performance.

Unlike in the main series where having high HP is almost always better since you need the HP in both Enemy Phase and Player Phase, in Heroes, there are two very distinct play styles and the vast majority of Player Phase units want to have low HP, even if they are not using Desperation since they still want the support from Wings of Mercy Dancers/Singers.

28 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

+spd/-res Alm is his best IV (outside of +atk/-res) everything else is a superbane for him. I'd just switch if you didn't invest. 

For nukes, super Flaw in HP is super helpful for getting into HP range. -HP is basically a bonus Asset.

Edited by XRay

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TheSilentChloey said:

@XRay The thing is I don't care for AR so that mode is pointless to mention, the build is for PvE content mostly.

For PvE Abyssal, you want to hit around 45 to 50 Spd (this includes buffs), as most fast enemies are around the 40 to 45 Spd range, so pick Marth Lucina's skills and buffs accordingly.

Occasionally, there will be an enemy or two who reach 50+ Spd, so if you want Marth Lucina to also double them, you want to aim for something like 55 to 60 Spd on Marth Lucina. While it is feasible to achieve such high Spd, unless you are trying to do Marth Lucina with 3 Dancers/Singers where she needs to double everything, I think it is better to just let a Brave nuke handle these enemies.

Marth Lucina at +10 +10 reaches 43 Spd, and Sealed Falchion will bring that up to 47 Spd, and a Hone Spd will bring that up to 51, which is perfect for doubling most enemies. That means you can then devote the A skill and Sacred Seal completely to Atk, so you can just run double Brazen Atk/Def, and save Brazen Atk/Spd Sacred Seal for another nuke. If you do need to double everything in Abyssal, then you can just do a quick skill change running Life and Death and Brazen Atk/Spd, which is minor loss in 2 Atk for a gain in 12 Spd. That lands her in 63 Spd, which should be sufficient to double practically everything.

Edited by XRay

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Who would be a good candidate for Lull Atk/Def?  I got a minus atk Ephraim and I don't see myself using him despite his gimmick as a duo hero, or am I being a bit ridiculous and should I try to salvage him?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, TheSilentChloey said:

Who would be a good candidate for Lull Atk/Def?  I got a minus atk Ephraim and I don't see myself using him despite his gimmick as a duo hero, or am I being a bit ridiculous and should I try to salvage him?

Slow Brave units would use it best, such as Cherche World of Thracia Reinhardt and Love Abounds Roy running Brave Bow.

I would still use Desert Mercenaries Ephraim. Even though he does have -Atk, it is still pretty high. I would swap out his A skill though with Death Blow since Heavy Blade is kind of crap. I would also swap out Odd Atk Wave for Savage Blow if you are using him as a pure Player Phase unit, or Atk Smoke if you want to leave him in Enemy Range as a dual phase unit.

Edited by XRay

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, XRay said:

Slow Brave units would use it best, such as Cherche and Love Abounds Roy running Brave Bow.

Armors and fliers cannot inherit Lull passives for whatever reason the developers had for this restriction.

Edited by Kaden

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...