"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

6 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Darting Blow exists as a Sacred Seal. Fury and Life and Death are cheap skills. Since when has 34 Spd needed "fixing" in the first place?

Since I get the feeling she won't be doing a lot of doubles and that is what her statline wants to do.

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So I pulled Takumi- and get the ironic free pull +Atk/-Spd does he have decent CC/Vantage potential on already weakened targets (I.e Male Morgan savage blow and debuff/buff shenanigans) or should I just level 40 convo him and give CC to my +Atk Male Morgan who will run the Grima’s Truth/(Assist)/Moonbow/CC/Vantage/Savage Blow 3/Savage Blow 3 skill set as one of his sets to be run with his +Spd counterpart as well if I ever change out Morgan's Sacred Seal to something else like Fierce Stance 3 maybe- I got the Tharja Black Friday pack and know she won't see more than level 40 convo because I can't stand her design and really don't like it at all but I still want that conversation just because- unless I get super lucky over Christmas and get another one to fodder then she can just gather dust- I mean join the armour battlion as the last unit.

Also how good would the following be for a player phase male Grima:

Expiration/Swap/Moonbow/L and D 3/Bold Fighter 3/Savage Blow 3/Armour Boots or Death Blow 3

Assuming his team has someone like Peony (I guess giving him extra move)/Legendary Azura (aka Aqua in place of Peony if Grimmy's running Armour Boots S Seal or even if he's not) and possibly Bridal Fjorm and someone like Olivia running Drive Atk 2 +extra extra dancer or someone with reposition and Drive Atk 2 like perhaps Male Morgan with his CC set up

Edited by TheSilentChloey

3 hours ago, TheSilentChloey said:

does he have decent CC/Vantage potential on already weakened targets

I would honestly only ever use a bow Vantage unit against flying units. They have a horrible lack of firepower compared to the amount of bulk units have these days. You typically want to be able to get to around 100 effective Atk, meaning Morgan would have to debuff and splash the opponent for the equivalent of 40-50 damage for a bow to be at all reasonable against anything that doesn't fly.

3 hours ago, TheSilentChloey said:

Also how good would the following be for a player phase male Grima:

Armor Boots is high-maintenance for a pure player-phase build, and wasting your dancer's action to grant extra movement (rather than grant an extra attack) is also inefficient. If you have the option to, I'd suggest using Armor March and gluing another armored unit to him. If that's not an option, use a unit with Ground Orders or Guidance that can passively provide movement instead of needing to use an action.

I'd also caution against using Life and Death in the A slot unless you're having trouble with Wary Fighter units that you can't break on a Spd check or have a backup plan for when your HP drops low.

I'm not too keen on Swap for a purely player-phase Armor. If you use Armor March, I'd rather use Reposition to behave like any other unit. If you don't use Armor March, I'd lean towards Pivot.

Also, there is no Death Blow Sacred Seal yet.

5 hours ago, TheSilentChloey said:

CC/Vantage potential on already weakened targets

If you put it that way, then practically any unit can run Counter-Vantage. The problem with using Takumi or M!Morgan's Grima's Truth is that they have little to no Counter-Vantage potential otherwise. Takumi is useful against flier balls, but even then, Iote's Shield will easily make Takumi's life miserable.

Even when I am using 2 A Monstrous Harvest Hectors with Kronya, there are still occasions when Kronya will fail to secure the kill due to multiple enemies running really high Def via Sturdy Impact, Lulls, Brazen Def/Stat, etc. and that is in Aether Raids where bulk is lower. In PvE, even running 3 AMH!Hectors is not going to cut it since there would be more than 3 rounds of reinforcements so you cannot spam all his Bolt Towers on turn 1, and you cannot choose AMH!Hector to deal damage horizontally. And that is on top of enemies having close to around 100 bulk or higher, so 20 HP damage is not really going to do much unless you spam it 3 times at once and hope there are no reinforcements.

I got the Tharja Black Friday pack and know she won't see more than level 40 convo because I can't stand her design and really don't like it at all but I still want that conversation just because

I recommend keeping her around because it makes obtaining SP a lot easier on your other units. If you must fodder her, I recommend doing so after you have farmed her Merit Feathers.

Expiration/Swap/Moonbow/L and D 3/Bold Fighter 3/Savage Blow 3/Armour Boots or Death Blow 3

I do not recommend Armored Boots on armors that do not have access to Firesweep, Blade tomes, or Brave Weapons. Firesweep makes maintaining Armor March pretty easy since enemies cannot counterattack. Blade tomes allow units to kill things in one hit, so as long as the target does not survive, you do not have worry about counterattacks. Brave Weapons are similar to Blade tomes, with the primary difference being killing things in two hits instead of one hit.

I also recommend using Armored Boots on ranged units since it is easier for them to get out of Enemy Range.

Olivia running Drive Atk 2 +extra extra dancer or someone with reposition and Drive Atk 2 like perhaps Male Morgan with his CC set up

I do not recommend Drives on Player Phase teams. There is no way you are going to consistently provide nukes with that buff unless the mode is easy where you can risk positioning your buffer close to the front lines. Player Phase teams want bonus buffs because it is not as positioning dependent and even when Panicked, you can simply just Dance/Sing off the debuff. Enemy Phase teams want Drives and other in combat buffs because you cannot easily get rid of Panic, and the positioning requirements are not a big deal since Enemy Phase teams tend to clump together a lot.

Edited by XRay

2 hours ago, TheSilentChloey said:

@XRay I hate her design there is no way I would HM farm her because it is that offensive to me.  I absolutely loathe it.  There is no way I would go there.

If it helps, you do not have to actively play the game to farm Hero Merit. You can just autobattle on Rival Domains and let the game farm Hero Merit for you.

51 minutes ago, XRay said:

If it helps, you do not have to actively play the game to farm Hero Merit. You can just autobattle on Rival Domains and let the game farm Hero Merit for you.

Okay, I'll have to remember that for next time.

5 hours ago, Super Endriu said:

Does this make even sense?

I think the player is going for sustainability. Personally, I think Mystic Boost is too slow, and I rather offload sustainability to healers like Eir and staff units. BH!Ike does have a huge amount of damage reduction though, so each point in HP is worth more on him than on other units, and if you think about it that way, Mystic Boost's 6 HP on BH!Ike is the equivalent of like 13.2 HP on another unit (6*(1+0.4+0.8); I am not sure if that is the right equation, I am just pulling it out of my ass cause it sounds right).

In my experience, I have found little success with sustainability skills on combat units, and offloading sustainability is generally far more effective in my opinion.

1 hour ago, XRay said:

I think the player is going for sustainability. Personally, I think Mystic Boost is too slow, and I rather offload sustainability to healers like Eir and staff units. BH!Ike does have a huge amount of damage reduction though, so each point in HP is worth more on him than on other units, and if you think about it that way, Mystic Boost's 6 HP on BH!Ike is the equivalent of like 13.2 HP on another unit (6*(1+0.4+0.8); I am not sure if that is the right equation, I am just pulling it out of my ass cause it sounds right).

In my experience, I have found little success with sustainability skills on combat units, and offloading sustainability is generally far more effective in my opinion.

@Super Endriu

On a normal unit, healing 2 HP is equivalent to negating the damage from 1 Atk over 2 hits.

For Ike, healing 2 HP is equivalent to negating the damage from 2.5 Atk over 2 hits.

So for Ike, healing 6 HP is the equivalent of negating the damage from 7.5 Atk over 2 hits, which is the equivalent of healing 15 HP on a normal unit.

Eir and staff units cannot heal a unit in between rounds of combat on enemy phase, whereas Mystic Boost can. Considering Ike's B slot is relatively open (since he technically doesn't need Quick Riposte if he has Lucina behind him), Mythic Boost has lower opportunity cost on Ike than on other units.

5 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

@Super Endriu

On a normal unit, healing 2 HP is equivalent to negating the damage from 1 Atk over 2 hits.

For Ike, healing 2 HP is equivalent to negating the damage from 2.5 Atk over 2 hits.

So for Ike, healing 6 HP is the equivalent of negating the damage from 7.5 Atk over 2 hits, which is the equivalent of healing 15 HP on a normal unit.

Eir and staff units cannot heal a unit in between rounds of combat on enemy phase, whereas Mystic Boost can. Considering Ike's B slot is relatively open (since he technically doesn't need Quick Riposte if he has Lucina behind him), Mythic Boost has lower opportunity cost on Ike than on other units.

Ok

Well, I use vantage and qr3 seal. Dont use lancina. But I get it

1 hour ago, XRay said:

I gave mystic boost to b!micaiah to bait veronica and survive dragons

Just now, Super Endriu said:

I gave mystic boost to b!micaiah to bait veronica and survive dragons

There is a difference between healing and reducing damage. Reducing damage is better in my opinion since any damage you reduce means it is less damage you need to heal back up, although I would not use Mystic Boost for walling Firesweep since it is kind of dangerous to do that unless the unit is a super tank or has Null C-Disrupt, and we got Impact skills for surviving Enemy Phase enemies. I am a little iffy on replacing Yune's Whisper since Brave Echoes Micaiah needs debuffs on her foes for her Weapon to work.

For healing to be better than damage reduction, they need to release a skill that heals at least 10 HP after every round of combat. Impacts reduces damage by 10 and shuts down follow up attacks if you miscalculated and failed to kill something in 2 hits. Lull Atk/Spd increases both physical and magical bulk by 3 and Spd by 3, as well as shutting down buffs, potentially reducing 10 damage if the enemy has Hone Atk 4 buff and reducing damage even more by winning or drawing the Spd check so the enemy cannot double.

2 hours ago, Super Endriu said:

Mordecai

+atk or +def

Is he fighting or supporting?

If he's being used purely for support, I'd lean towards Def.

If he'll be fighting as a tank, run Def if you're not merging him because he is slow and would appreciate the additional bulk. If you are merging him, you can go either way (I'd go with Atk since it scales less than Def with merges).

If he'll be used in Aether Raids along with Legendary Eliwood, make sure you tune his Atk stat so that Ardent Durandal's buff will go to the units you intend it to go to, noting that beasts get 2 visible Atk when transformed.

On 12/8/2019 at 3:17 PM, TheSilentChloey said:

@XRay I hate her design there is no way I would HM farm her because it is that offensive to me.  I absolutely loathe it.  There is no way I would go there.

while you may loathe someone wearing a bikini. (which is odd to me, but ah well it's an each their own). also remember that she comes with Red Tome Valour which is really extremely helpful getting (red) mages extra sp. that's what mine does for the most part. 

On 12/7/2019 at 10:29 PM, TheSilentChloey said:

Since I get the feeling she won't be doing a lot of doubles and that is what her statline wants to do.

Honestly, Nina's best job would either be a Bow Babysitter (because of valour), or feeding off her link skill. 
anyway give her Darting Blow A, Darting Blow SS, and poof. she's fast. 

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:

Is he fighting or supporting?

If he's being used purely for support, I'd lean towards Def.

If he'll be fighting as a tank, run Def if you're not merging him because he is slow and would appreciate the additional bulk. If you are merging him, you can go either way (I'd go with Atk since it scales less than Def with merges).

If he'll be used in Aether Raids along with Legendary Eliwood, make sure you tune his Atk stat so that Ardent Durandal's buff will go to the units you intend it to go to, noting that beasts get 2 visible Atk when transformed.

Thx! I only use tellius units. So I am rather restricted in regard to team comps

On 12/5/2019 at 6:08 PM, XRay said:

You will be replacing one of the M!Corrins with Peony though, and I am a bit hesitant on using bonus buffs.

Can definitely get more mileage from Peony though, given that she's a dancer, her buffs are stronger when you do want them, the HP/Spd boost, and that the stat difference between Yato support and Peony's tome is pretty small. Getting that boost from cardinal direction instead of 2 spaces is great too if you need to send your unit out alone.

edit: just noticed Peony's tome doesn't give Def/Res, so fair point. I still think she's generally the better choice though.

Edited by Johann

10 minutes ago, Zihark11 said:

Whats a solid B slot skill for a Dancer? Specifically Reyson. Mines one more away from being +10 but i just cannot decide what would be a good B slot skill. 

wings of mercy. 
always wings of mercy. 

(or chills. that is good too). 

Edited by daisy jane

2 hours ago, Johann said:

Can definitely get more mileage from Peony though, given that she's a dancer, her buffs are stronger when you do want them, the HP/Spd boost, and that the stat difference between Yato support and Peony's tome is pretty small. Getting that boost from cardinal direction instead of 2 spaces is great too if you need to send your unit out alone.

edit: just noticed Peony's tome doesn't give Def/Res, so fair point. I still think she's generally the better choice though.

Not factoring C and Sacred Seal:
Peony:
HP +5, Atk +3, Spd +7
Total 15
M!Corrin:
Atk/Spd/Def/Res +4
Total 16

I guess that is comparable to M!Corrin. If Peony runs Goad Flier or Ward Flier, that is some additional extra stat points over M!Corrin's Distant Guard/Close Guard/Drives, so she is superior with a flier super tank.

2 Peonys, 2 Ward, 1 Drive Def, 1 Drive Res:
HP +10, Atk +7, Spd +8+7, Def +12, Res +12
Total: 56

2 M!Corrins, Drive Spectrum:
Atk/Spd/Def/Res+12
Total: 48

2 M!Corrins, Distant Guard, Close Guard, Drive Atk, Drive Spd:
Atk/Spd +12, Def/Res+13
Total: 50

2 Peonys gives more buffs, but is more awkward to use since her buffs do not work diagonally, and I think it scores worse. The math seems pretty promising. I think I will look into my flyers a little more and check out some additional super tank options. I might be even be able to make a Player Phasey super tank, which sounds pretty exciting.

Edited by XRay