"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

43 minutes ago, XRay said:

Staff users would like it very mush since they cannot access more regular A skills.

Atk/Spd Push is one of the other A skill options that staves can access, but Atk/Spd Push has a limited number of uses since it stops working after unit reaches less than 25% HP. It will be fine for Aether Raids since there are only about 6 enemies to nuke, but it will not be sufficient for Abyssal content where there will be a lot more reinforcements.

They can also access Brazen Atk/Spd, but that might be a bit of hassle to set up outside of Aether Raids.

Brave Veronica still doesn't have an A-skill, and out of my staff users would make the best use of it. But it'd be awkward to try to have her alone with her weapon effect, so I think I'll keep Legend Eirika and fodder Winter Eirika instead.

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Baldrick said:

Brave Veronica still doesn't have an A-skill, and out of my staff users would make the best use of it. But it'd be awkward to try to have her alone with her weapon effect, so I think I'll keep Legend Eirika and fodder Winter Eirika instead.

Nukes are pretty much almost always alone when they go nuking in Aether Raids. The only times where I have nukes right next to someone frequently is during Abyssal where the maps are often cramped.

12 hours ago, TheSilentChloey said:

I would like to know if the following is a good player phase build for M!Grima (and so help me of anyone calls him fallen Robin or use any alphabet soup I will be very pissed with you, he is Grima ffs...:XD: jk, but please just call him Grima because that is far more simpler for me to understand please and thank you for being considerate to me in advance so that I don't have to be a confused idiot as to which hero you're talking about 😄)

I really dislike pure player-phase armors that aren't running Armor March. Armored Boots is fine for dual-phase builds, but not for pure player-phase.

A pure player phase build should ideally be running

Flametongue [Atk]
Reposition / Swap
Moonbow / Bonfire
Death Blow 4
Bold Fighter 3
Armor March 3
Sturdy Blow 2

The only time I'd consider removing Armor March is when you have Guidance or Ground Orders on your team.

All that said, Grima is probably better off running a dual-phase build if you don't have Armor March (or aren't running a second armor on the team). That looks more like

Expiration
Reposition / Swap
Moonbow / Bonfire
[something that boosts Atk, Def, and/or Res]
Bold Fighter 3
[whatever makes the most sense]
Quick Riposte 3

8 hours ago, XRay said:

For a pure Player Phase, I am not sure how viable that is. I will take a stab at it, but @Ice Dragon would probably be more helpful regarding that.
Expiration
(Any Assist)
Galeforce
Distant Def — Mirror Stance
Bold Fighter
Atk Smoke — Armor March
Armor Boots — Quickened Pulse — Distant Def — Quick Riposte
This is primarily for countering cav line in Aether Raids, but it might be useful against other defense setups and modes too. This is not a pure Player Phase, but it heavily leans on Player Phase to take out the most dangerous threats and tank the weaker nukes on Enemy Phase. He will need a Reposition flier to get him over the mountains, and he may also need Hector: Marqui of Ostia to support him to get his cooldown count to 4 or activate Armor March.

Dragons can't use Galeforce.

6 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Dragons can't use Galeforce.

Damn, I forgot about that. Feels like dragon armors are very inflexible lately since they are being confined to pure combat performance builds.

20 minutes ago, Faellin said:

How good is legendary Grima these days in terms of unit performance? Sniping on colorless and green this month, and was wondering how good she is in case I do get a copy of her.

I found her underwhelming but that's because she doesn't seem to match my play style that much.  But she can be a good unit.

28 minutes ago, Faellin said:

How good is legendary Grima these days in terms of unit performance? Sniping on colorless and green this month, and was wondering how good she is in case I do get a copy of her.

Her player-phase performance is hampered by the fact that she can't run Galeforce, can't run a Slaying weapon, and can't run a Firesweep weapon.

Her enemy-phase performance is pretty good for a flier due to having Distant Counter on her weapon and Iote's Shield and Bracing Stance on her exclusive skill. Since she is a flier, she has easy access to Goad Fliers and Ward Fliers buffs, but is still vulnerable to dragon-effective weapons. She's second only to Altina as an enemy-phase flier.

Since i'm pulling on colorless with my primary goal being a duplicate Eir for mystic boost fodder. Someone mentioned it basically cancels classic Alm's refine self damage. Is this true? Since if this is false, I can save orbs and go for green instead.

17 minutes ago, Faellin said:

Since i'm pulling on colorless with my primary goal being a duplicate Eir for mystic boost fodder. Someone mentioned it basically cancels classic Alm's refine self damage. Is this true? Since if this is false, I can save orbs and go for green instead.

Yes. Healing and taking damage after combat occur at the same time, so Alm with his refined Falchion and Mystic Boost will heal 1 HP after combat instead of take 5 damage.

How the fuck do you beat Hrìd's infernal battle.

I have tried every single damn guide and NONE of them have worked, I've even gone so far as to SI to try and get the right combination to deal with the map but no dice.

Are there any F2P units other than Ike with QR 3 that will actually make my life a whole lot less stressful.  I am seriously very close to smashing phone and tablet in complete frustration right now.

21 minutes ago, TheSilentChloey said:

How the fuck do you beat Hrìd's infernal battle.

I have tried every single damn guide and NONE of them have worked, I've even gone so far as to SI to try and get the right combination to deal with the map but no dice.

Are there any F2P units other than Ike with QR 3 that will actually make my life a whole lot less stressful.  I am seriously very close to smashing phone and tablet in complete frustration right now.

What is your main problem with the map? The reinforcements or Hríd himself?

6 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

What is your main problem with the map? The reinforcements or Hríd himself?

Reinforcements of course.  Everyone can handle infernal Hríd just fine, but as per usual it's the reinforcements that just serve to do my head in.  Like I said I've tried every guide there is but certain units don't move the same way they do in the guide even if I follow said guide to the letter.

15 minutes ago, TheSilentChloey said:

Reinforcements of course.  Everyone can handle infernal Hríd just fine, but as per usual it's the reinforcements that just serve to do my head in.  Like I said I've tried every guide there is but certain units don't move the same way they do in the guide even if I follow said guide to the letter.

Most of the guides, if not all of them, use neutral units. If you are using merged units, or units with boons/banes, it will change their moves and the strategy will not work.

What F2P neutral units do you have?

Edit: I am talking about non TT or GHB units, because these ones are only neutral.

Edited by Diovani Bressan

16 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Most of the guides, if not all of them, use neutral units. If you are using merged units, or units with boons/banes, it will change their moves and the strategy will not work.

What F2P neutral units do you have?

Edit: I am talking about non TT or GHB units, because these ones are only neutral.

Ike and Fjorm that are unmerged and they're the only neutral IVs I have I also have a +Atk/-Spd Olivia and a +1 +Atk Veronica

Just now, TheSilentChloey said:

Ike and Fjorm that are unmerged and they're the only neutral IVs I have I also have a +Atk/-Spd Olivia and a +1 +Atk Veronica

Do you have Ninian, Mage Eirika, Reinhard? They became F2P heroes in september, and we got one neutral copy of each one.

Olivia can be "fixed" by giving her Spd+3 A skill or Seal.

32 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Do you have Ninian, Mage Eirika, Reinhard? They became F2P heroes in september, and we got one neutral copy of each one.

Olivia can be "fixed" by giving her Spd+3 A skill or Seal.

I do and they're merged 😕 Ninian needed to fix her Atk bane, Reinhardt because I do plan on 10+ eventually (with the ridiculous amount of him I summon) and Eirika...well she didn't turn out to crash hot against the reinforcements just like everyone else.

2 minutes ago, TheSilentChloey said:

I do and they're merged 😕 Ninian needed to fix her Atk bane, Reinhardt because I do plan on 10+ eventually (with the ridiculous amount of him I summon) and Eirika...well she didn't turn out to crash hot against the reinforcements just like everyone else.

The thing about players that follow guides is that you cannot merge or fodder your free neutral units. For these players, if they want to +10 Reinhardt or Olivia, they cannot use their neutral copy. They +10 Reinhard, and have the neutral copy for guides. I used to have my +1 Fjorm, and a neutral Fjorm for guides, until some months ago that I decided that I didn't need guides anymore.

If guides doesn't work for you, the only thing you can do is try to beat the map in a trial and error method, just like you did with Altina last month. Use your best units in the attempt and, if they fail, learn about what they did wrong and fix it for the next attempt. That's how I beat Abyssal Hríd. I needed to use double Breath of Life on Claude, so Nowi would have some HP healed to survive some attacks, for example.

Sorry if I cannot be more useful than this, but each players deals with these maps in their own ways. I wish you good luck in your next attempts.

Here's my Abyssal Hríd clear,. Maybe it can give you some ideas.

Spoiler

A Young Azura with a Blade Tome, not the Plus versions, can deal with that Axe Knight. If you don't need a 2nd dancer, any red tome unit will do the trick.

3 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

The thing about players that follow guides is that you cannot merge or fodder your free neutral units. For these players, if they want to +10 Reinhardt or Olivia, they cannot use their neutral copy. They +10 Reinhard, and have the neutral copy for guides. I used to have my +1 Fjorm, and a neutral Fjorm for guides, until some months ago that I decided that I didn't need guides anymore.

If guides doesn't work for you, the only thing you can do is try to beat the map in a trial and error method, just like you did with Altina last month. Use your best units in the attempt and, if they fail, learn about what they did wrong and fix it for the next attempt. That's how I beat Abyssal Hríd. I needed to use double Breath of Life on Claude, so Nowi would have some HP healed to survive some attacks, for example.

Sorry if I cannot be more useful than this, but each players deals with these maps in their own ways. I wish you good luck in your next attempts.

Here's my Abyssal Hríd clear,. Maybe it can give you some ideas.

Reveal hidden contents

A Young Azura with a Blade Tome, not the Plus versions, can deal with that Axe Knight. If you don't need a 2nd dancer, any red tome unit will do the trick.

My best Units are Male Grima (+3), Male Morgan (+10), Veronica (+1), Legendary Azura (+0 Neutral) and they're my best units.

12 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

How well they do until... well... they fail?

Grimmy handles a good number of units with his stand Steady Stance 4/Vengeful Fighter 3/Atk Smoke/Armour Boots until he drops in HP and he wiffs the moment that Hríd gets to him (which is easily done because stupid gravity healer keeps making things difficult by nibbling Grima’s HP and hitting him with the movement reduction as well).  Morgan CAN take Hríd out, but he ends up with too much counter damage even with Moonbow (fully charged) and vantage to survive anything else without Veronica to heal him (putting her at risk easily since she almost always wiffs and dies to the enemy every time).

I think it's the kind of map where you need a really potent Player Phase Nuke built up plus WoM Dancers and tbh, I don't have any that are invested enough in to as well as any WoM dancers, the only two I have are Norah (Axe Nohr Azura) and she only has level 1 WoM and the only other dancer I have that has full WoM is OG Azura.

Aqua is only there to buff not fight period but she always gets herself into trouble with the bow knight or some other units that shatter her defenses (every fucking time I swear and not just on Hríd's map, multiple others as well)- usually after Hríd's gone and if she's not the problem unit than usually Veronica is the weakest link, either because she's not fast enough to double/avoid being doubled, or she can't hit hard enough to do anything even when she's debuffing with Aqua's grey waves ability and the enemy goes for those two almost all the time over Grimmy (though if Grima’s ever low on HP they'll usually kill him outright) or Morgan, because for some stupid reason Aqua or Veronica are ALWAYS in that one place they can't afford to be in either singing (Aqua) or healing(or debuffing and get the hell out of there Veronica) Grimmy or Morgan because they can't afford to tank something and has got as far as they can away from danger as I can get them to fall back.

So questions about unit training...

>Is it ever worth it to use Shards and Gems to level up a unit? When would be the best time to use them, if ever? For reference, I tend to sit at around 300k.
>Is it worth waiting for 2x SP grinding days before training a unit at all? Keep in mind that in my case, when I SP grind a unit I always give them a Blessing, and I also have Valor skills for every weapon type and Dancer so I always get at least 12 SP per kill.
>Are the training maps worth waiting rotations for, or would it be better overall to just do Easy Chain Challenges?

The way I do things, I typically wait for 2x SP days to train my units, and only occasionally do I do Easy Chain Challenges, mostly when the Training maps in rotation are particularly undesirable for a unit (low Atk unit against the Magic training map for instance).

Levelling with shards is great for units at lower rarities because you get all the SP you need from just using shards to level 1-40 at 4*, using up all the SP, then promoting and using more shards. No manual levelling required.

Other than that I don't really level my units until I need them, which does bite me in the arse sometimes. Like just this week where on Tuesday I realised I'd need Peony to be my arena bonus unit this week and was therefore forced to level her manually. Not much effort since the training map on that day was the one will all armoured enemies, but it does mean my Peony is currently short of SP even while level capped. The double SP seems necessary for most new units to have enough to learn their base kit, even considering the Mythic SP bonus. I never run Valor skills because I can't even remember who has them, not that I'd have many.

Oh right, if I'm particularly bored I'll just make a team of four unlevelled units and level them all together while doing the monthly training quests, but that's the only situation where I level units "just because" and not because I actually need to use the unit.

Edited by Humanoid

3 hours ago, TheSilentChloey said:

I think it's the kind of map where you need a really potent Player Phase Nuke built up plus WoM Dancers and tbh, I don't have any that are invested enough in to as well as any WoM dancers, the only two I have are Norah (Axe Nohr Azura) and she only has level 1 WoM and the only other dancer I have that has full WoM is OG Azura.

If you are just trying to clear Infernal, you do not need super highly invested nukes. In fact, most nukes will be fine with minimal investment on Infernal difficulty, and sometimes they might not need a 5* Weapon.

You also have M!Morgan at +10, and he is a pretty strong nuke once given Rauðrblade. If you have trouble activating Wings of Mercy, then you need to run Fury instead of Life and Death.

Rauðrblade
Reposition
Moonbow — Luna — Blazing Wind — Blazing Light
Fury — Life and Death
Desperation
Savage Blow
Brazen Atk/Spd

If you only have 2 Wings of Mercy Dancers/Singers, then you can run a second nuke. Running a second nuke can be more clunky defensively since the second nuke cannot teleport across the map to get out of danger like Wings of Mercy Dancers/Singers can, but they are more flexible when attacking since you can clear enemies in two different locations.

32 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

>Is it ever worth it to use Shards and Gems to level up a unit? When would be the best time to use them, if ever? For reference, I tend to sit at around 300k.

Depends on how much you value SP and whether you can tolerate grinding SP last minute. If you use Shards and Crystals, you will get far less SP than grinding levels manually. I have only used Shards and Crystals a few times during the first year, but after that, I have never used them since then. Since I like to have a nice amount of SP saved up in case I need to do a skill kit overhaul or something, I manually level my units in Special Training Maps. Grinding for SP last minute is a huge pain in the ass since it is slow (unless it is on the weekends), you need to use a bit more brain juice (your units can more easily die on Lunatic Special Training Maps), and it is not Stamina efficient (this is not a big deal for most veteran players, but it could be a big deal for newer players who do not have a huge stockpile of Stamina potions yet or players who dump a lot of potions for Tempest Trials).

40 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

>Is it worth waiting for 2x SP grinding days before training a unit at all? Keep in mind that in my case, when I SP grind a unit I always give them a Blessing, and I also have Valor skills for every weapon type and Dancer so I always get at least 12 SP per kill.

I personally almost always wait.

Blessings are not as important in my opinion if you are just manually training them to level 40. While they do increase your SP per enemy you kill, they also increase your EXP gain. So the primary benefit of using a Blessing is to speed up the process of manually leveling them between level 1 and 40. Blessings are important after a unit reaches level 40 though, since EXP is no longer a factor.

Valor skills are more crucial in my opinion, since you get more SP per enemy you kill without raising your EXP.

47 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

>Are the training maps worth waiting rotations for, or would it be better overall to just do Easy Chain Challenges?

The only Special Training Map worth waiting for to coincide with double SP weekend is the Ranged Special Training Map for ranged units, as you can just spam end turn on the bridge on that map. All other Special Training maps are fine for melee units. You can still train ranged units on other Special Training Maps, but the process is not as brain dead as spamming end turn on the Ranged Special Training Map.

I think Chain Challenges are extremely stamina inefficient, so I recommend sticking with Special Training Maps.

Edited by XRay

Does anybody have any tips for getting 150k points in Røkkr Sieges? I feel like I’m doing pretty well, I’m able to beat it without the AOE going off and I’m able to attack it every round except sometimes one of my units misses the first hit while getting into position. The most I got today was 105k. My 3 attackers all have special fighter and are using Aether/Sirius. I’m using W!Sothis, W!Cecilia, & F!Tiki. My floater is cc/vantage Tharja. Do I need to switch her out for a dancer so one of my attackers can go twice each round? Do I need a stronger special like Astra? Only problem with that is I’d be worried about HP and getting knocked out of Special Fighter range. What do you suggest?