"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

11 hours ago, TEKWRX said:

I did spend a few orbs to expand the barracks slightly last week, but I think the cost is too high for the amount of space an orb unlocks. They should give 20 spaces instead of 5 per orb... 

It costs 1 orb to buy 5 spaces, but 20 orbs to fill those spaces. The cost is plenty reasonable.

6 hours ago, XRay said:

The thing with Morgan's buff is that it only increases his Spd and not his Atk.

Unless I've suddenly gone blind and am hallucinating, Grima's Truth gives +5 Atk and Spd and debuffs -5 Atk and Spd.

6 hours ago, TheSilentChloey said:

Now you could waste time arguing over Rauđblade+ being better, but I find that Morgan self buffing is far better.  His PRF is massively underrated.

The problem with his self-buff is the fact that it's not active on his first round of combat, meaning he can't take advantage of his own buffs unless he is danced. Even if he attacks on enemy phase, those buffs are only active for the remainder of the enemy phase and expire at the start of your next player phase before your first action.

Also, Grima's Truth is just a worse version of Peshkatz, which is itself just a worse version of Hlidskjalf.

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:

Unless I've suddenly gone blind and am hallucinating, Grima's Truth gives +5 Atk and Spd and debuffs -5 Atk and Spd.

Oh yeah, I forgot it self buffs.

4 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

It costs 1 orb to buy 5 spaces, but 20 orbs to fill those spaces. The cost is plenty reasonable.

The problem with his self-buff is the fact that it's not active on his first round of combat, meaning he can't take advantage of his own buffs unless he is danced. Even if he attacks on enemy phase, those buffs are only active for the remainder of the enemy phase and expire at the start of your next player phase before your first action.

Also, Grima's Truth is just a worse version of Peshkatz, which is itself just a worse version of Hlidskjalf.

Compared to Rauđblade+ which has -1 Atk at base for Morgan when he really can't afford to drop even a single point of atk let alone the -3 if you go with a +Spd Male Morgan which a lot of people do very foolishly since doubling means nothing if Morgan can't back it up with a decent atk stat- and I ran the numbers with Fury 3. 

Morgan is for the most part dealing more damage with Grima's Truth vs Rauđblade+ on that first round of combat by comparison which is very important to note since you would be losing a further -5 atk with plain Rauđblade at base 9 might which severely limits Morgan's ORKO potential.

Now you could argue that Grima's Truth isn't that great of a weapon in first round combat, but so is Rauđblade+ and Rauđblade on a team that is WoM dancers and Morgan as the nuke.  It's just not as good as his native tome, which is probably why IS has not released a refine for Male Morgan as of yet (though to be fair if they did I get the feeling it would make Grima's Truth even more OP than it already is depending on the type of native refine it has, or lack thereof).

In conclusion since I do run the numbers (3 types of 10+ Morgans all built up with the exact same skill sets based on his neutral, attack and speed assets with no dragon flowers) I came to the following conclusion when coupled with my own experience with my +Atk boy.  He's got a good prf and I use him with it far more than any other tome.  If he did perform better with the other tomes, I woud have noticed it myself by now.  You can lead a horse to water but it won't drink if it doesn't like the water in the first place.

Edited by TheSilentChloey
Forgot to add proper number opps

1 hour ago, TheSilentChloey said:

Compared to Rauđblade+ which has -1 Atk at base for Morgan when he really can't afford to drop even a single point of atk let alone the -3 if you go with a +Spd Male Morgan which a lot of people do very foolishly since doubling means nothing if Morgan can't back it up with a decent atk stat- and I ran the numbers with Fury 3. 

If you are running Hone Atk 3 on your team, then Morgan (M) [+Spd] (Raudhrblade+) +4/0/0/0 has the exact same Atk stat as Morgan (M) [+Atk] (Grima's Truth) +4/0/0/0. Not to mention the Raudhrblade build has 3 more Spd and only loses 3 Def.

If you have Performing Arts Azura as your dancer, then Morgan (M) [+Spd] (Raudhrblade+) +4/3/3/3 has 9 more Atk than Morgan (M) [+Atk] (Grima's Truth) +4/4/3/3. The Raudhrblade build still has 2 more Spd in addition to the massive Atk spike.

So he has a better first round of combat (same Atk, +3 Spd) and also a better second round of combat (+9 Atk, +2 Spd) with Raudhrblade+ than with Grima's Truth. The only real advantage Grima's Truth has (besides being slightly less susceptible to Dull and Lull) is that the second opponent can have been hit by the debuff giving Grima's Truth a +2 Spd advantage over Raudhrblade+, but that's still overshadowed by Raudhrblade+'s 9 Atk advantage.

If you are running Legendary Azura as your dancer with Atk Tactic 3, then the difference between the two builds is even bigger. The first round of combat (with +6/0/0/0 buffs) is in favor of Raudhrblade+ by 4 Atk and 3 Spd, and the second round of combat (with +6/6/6/6 buffs) is in favor of Raudhrblade+ by a whopping 22 Atk and 3 Spd. If the second opponent was hit by Grima's Truth's debuff, then that Spd advantage is only +1 Spd to Grima's Truth, which is still overshadowed by the Atk disadvantage.

There's pretty much no reason to run Grima's Truth unless it gets a refine that makes it not suck.

8 hours ago, Rinco said:

If your dancers have Hones (or Tactics, if the team comp allow), Blade tome should surpass his Prf by far not only in the first round of combat, but in all rounds of combat.

8 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

If you are running Hone Atk 3 on your team, then Morgan (M) [+Spd] (Raudhrblade+) +4/0/0/0 has the exact same Atk stat as Morgan (M) [+Atk] (Grima's Truth) +4/0/0/0. Not to mention the Raudhrblade build has 3 more Spd and only loses 3 Def.

If you have Performing Arts Azura as your dancer, then Morgan (M) [+Spd] (Raudhrblade+) +4/3/3/3 has 9 more Atk than Morgan (M) [+Atk] (Grima's Truth) +4/4/3/3. The Raudhrblade build still has 2 more Spd in addition to the massive Atk spike.

So he has a better first round of combat (same Atk, +3 Spd) and also a better second round of combat (+9 Atk, +2 Spd) with Raudhrblade+ than with Grima's Truth. The only real advantage Grima's Truth has (besides being slightly less susceptible to Dull and Lull) is that the second opponent can have been hit by the debuff giving Grima's Truth a +2 Spd advantage over Raudhrblade+, but that's still overshadowed by Raudhrblade+'s 9 Atk advantage.

If you are running Legendary Azura as your dancer with Atk Tactic 3, then the difference between the two builds is even bigger. The first round of combat (with +6/0/0/0 buffs) is in favor of Raudhrblade+ by 4 Atk and 3 Spd, and the second round of combat (with +6/6/6/6 buffs) is in favor of Raudhrblade+ by a whopping 22 Atk and 3 Spd. If the second opponent was hit by Grima's Truth's debuff, then that Spd advantage is only +1 Spd to Grima's Truth, which is still overshadowed by the Atk disadvantage.

There's pretty much no reason to run Grima's Truth unless it gets a refine that makes it not suck.

That's assuming of course I have the skill fodder and Morgan is near his teammates for Hone attack to work-

And guess what-

HE'S NOT.

Most (if not all) of the time it's dancer comes in with WoM and Morgan is off on his own (so hone Atk/Spd etc is USELESS TO HIM which makes Rauđblade useless by extension because Morgan is flying solo all of the time, unless he's retreating out of enemy range to not engage them) or retreating from the enemy and not in range so by that logic Rauđblade is worthless to him as a skill inheritance. His team are too busy runinng drives to bother with hones, hones are a waste of a skill slot and only work in tight formation which spoiler alert Morgan doesn't stick to.  The only way he's getting boosts is through drives.

Good positioning is a skill you develop with time as you play. I use mages with WoM dancers all the time and never had any problems with it, most of them using blade tomes. Don't use excuses for you not wanting to use a better weapon on him.

Most (if not all) of the time it's dancer comes in with WoM and Morgan is off on his own (so hone Atk/Spd etc is USELESS TO HIM which makes Rauđblade useless by extension because Morgan is flying solo all of the time, unless he's retreating out of enemy range to not engage them) or retreating from the enemy and not in range so by that logic Rauđblade is worthless to him as a skill inheritance. His team are too busy runinng drives to bother with hones, hones are a waste of a skill slot and only work in tight formation which spoiler alert Morgan doesn't stick to.  The only way he's getting boosts is through drives.

You can play however you want, but the reason why the vast majority of players thinks Grima's Truth sucks is because it is so much easier to use Blade tomes. You might not think so, but the vast majority would disagree. Blade tomes have proven itself over the last 3 years in most, or maybe even all, Abyssal content. Whatever Abyssal map my Celica can clear, a Blade mage would have even less of an issue clearing it.

Dance/Sing-Reposition is the heart of Player Phase tactics, and that combination would always get the nuke right next to the Dancer/Singer after combat.

Using Drives means that you need to position Dancers/Singers on the front lines, which is dangerous. Drives require a relatively tight formation during combat, while bonus buffs do not; you can send a unit with bonus buffs all around the map and the buffs would stick with him, and setting it up just requires a Dancer/Singer to teleport to him at the end of the turn. Hones only require the nuke to have a tight formation during setup, which Dance/Sing-Reposition provides at the end of the turn when you move them out of enemy range.

10 hours ago, Rinco said:

If your dancers have Hones (or Tactics, if the team comp allow), Blade tome should surpass his Prf by far not only in the first round of combat, but in all rounds of combat.

31 minutes ago, Rinco said:

Good positioning is a skill you develop with time as you play. I use mages with WoM dancers all the time and never had any problems with it, most of them using blade tomes. Don't use excuses for you not wanting to use a better weapon on him.

Tactics are good too, and if you have 3 flying Dancers/Singers (assuming the nuke is not flying), then that is even better. I run Tactics because it has a looser formation requirement during setup.

Edited by XRay

Pulled a +HP/-Atk kitty on the new year's renewal banner and a couple of questions-

1- which of her skills are considered good fodder- the Lull or Solo or are both too much in demand right now

2- is her atk stat actually bad or given she's a gen IV unit it will work fine

3- what sort of build would be appropriate for her?

1- which of her skills are considered good fodder- the Lull or Solo or are both too much in demand right now

Lull is more valuable in my opinion. Firesweep archers and units with Desperation Weapons would want it.

Solo is valuable if you are running staff nukes, especially for Aether Raids defense. I do not recommend running Solo on a regular nuke though since tier 4 Swift Sparrow and Brazen Atk/Spd exist and they are better. However, if you are betting on Solo Atk/Spd 4 being released, then you may want to use that over Swift Sparrow, although Brazen Atk/Spd would still be better.

When transformed, she gets an extra 6 Atk, so she is definitely fine when used in a beast team.

Her default build is fine if there are no reinforcements, so just give her Reposition. If she needs a little more oomph in her attacks, then I would run Moonbow. If you are using her in long battles, then you will need to run Desperation unless you do not mind the hassle of topping her HP off.

Edited by XRay

29 minutes ago, TheSilentChloey said:

Pulled a +HP/-Atk kitty on the new year's renewal banner and a couple of questions-

I got the neutral one for buying one of the New Years orb packs and have been using her in TT. I gave her Reposition and since her PRF bases damage/damage reduction off of speed, I figured I'd use Selena for the fodder to also give her Threaten Speed 3 at the same time. I'm sure there is a better C skill for her, but since she didn't come with one it made the most sense out of what was available on my Reposition fodder units.

I also gave her Sol since I'm using her in auto-battle TT. Now because of the brain dead auto-battle controlled AI, it's about 50/50 whether she survives to the end of the last map, but she actually seems like a decent unit.

2 hours ago, TheSilentChloey said:

hones are a waste of a skill slot

that's news to me.

2 hours ago, TheSilentChloey said:

That's assuming of course I have the skill fodder

I am very puzzled how you don't have this fodder. (actually i'm amazed when people suggest something you often go you don't have xfodder,). where does it all go?

1 minute ago, daisy jane said:

I am very puzzled how you don't have this fodder. (actually i'm amazed when people suggest something you often go you don't have xfodder,). where does it all go?

Free players generally have less access to skills since they cannot depend on summoning units as frequently as paid players, so maybe she just did not get a lot of it, which I think is the most likely scenario.

Hopefully, if she did get them, she did not send them home for Feathers because that is a huge waste of Orbs in my opinion. Trading 4 Orbs for 300 Feathers is a real bad deal. If it was Oboro or Jacob, that is understandable, but sending Olivias, Mathildas, and F!Corrins home just does not feel right.

10 minutes ago, XRay said:

Free players generally have less access to skills since they cannot depend on summoning units as frequently as paid players, so maybe she just did not get a lot of it, which I think is the most likely scenario.

Hopefully, if she did get them, she did not send them home for Feathers because that is a huge waste of Orbs in my opinion. Trading 4 Orbs for 300 Feathers is a real bad deal. If it was Oboro or Jacob, that is understandable, but sending Olivias, Mathildas, and F!Corrins home just does not feel right.

well you wouldn't have much - but still - there is a massive difference between not have as much and not having any
there are periods where idon't summon for months and you still get fodder from free pulls, or ticket summons, and the like. It's one thing if they never show up(ie: it took me a year to get est). but like there are other hone atk 3s, and heavy spears (to slaying spears) so on and so forth. 

Bit of a tempting spot i'm in right now. My current +10 Corrin. I can bump his attack / speed bond 3, up to rank 4 with a valentian Catria I have. But not sure if it will be worth tossing her out, especially since she has a +attack IV. Which is far to good to pass up. But at the same time I have Elincia who fills an extremely similar role with her quad attacks. Not sure if I should pull the trigger and go for this. I currently use both Catria and Elincia, alternating between the 2 depending on certain factors.

.81690532_705529566520499_580017340847803

Edited by Faellin

6 minutes ago, Faellin said:

Bit of a tempting spot i'm in right now. My current +10 Corrin. I can bump his attack / speed bond 3, up to rank 4 with a valentian Catria I have. But not sure if it will be worth tossing her out, especially since she has a +attack IV. Which is far to good to pass up. But at the same time I have Elincia who fills an extremely similar role with her quad attacks. Not sure if I should pull the trigger and go for this. I currently use both Catria and Elincia, alternating between the 2 depending on certain factors.

.81690532_705529566520499_580017340847803

I will cry if you murdered a +atk Echoes Catria. (Honestly. if you feel it's needed then. but a +atk catria though... lucky). 

32 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

well you wouldn't have much - but still - there is a massive difference between not have as much and not having any
there are periods where idon't summon for months and you still get fodder from free pulls, or ticket summons, and the like. It's one thing if they never show up(ie: it took me a year to get est). but like there are other hone atk 3s, and heavy spears (to slaying spears) so on and so forth. 

My luck is disgusting, it's called getting crap SI units who need to be feathered (I get way too many and not enough good fodder) plus mostly ftp over here, as I have stated a hundred times I'm sure.

Just now, TheSilentChloey said:

My luck is disgusting, it's called getting crap SI units who need to be feathered (I get way too many and not enough good fodder) plus mostly ftp over here, as I have stated a hundred times I'm sure.

like i said. being FTP doesn't = not having fodder.  even the unluckiest person gets a freaking selena or est or female corrin or something (agian even me and it took me a year to get an est. but it was more noticable because i was actually trying to +10 her). 

Why do they need to be feathered? that's what the barracks are for. 

but anyway - you answered my question. you send home what you think isn't good fodder, but i'm actually wondering what you consider "not good fodder" to be. 

51 minutes ago, XRay said:

I'm pretty sure I don't get those Olivia, Mathilda or F!Corrin with how shit my luck with summoning is.  It's laughable tothink I get anything decent (I don't).

ETA:

@daisy jane I haven't had someone like Olivia in like three years, if that's what your asking, I get repeatedly bad units like Oboro and Jacob and while getting a crap tonne of Hinata, who I can't stand but know he's at least passible fodder, the worst possible green units (I'm sure that you'd be ticked off too when you get nothing but crappy fodder all the time).

Most of which are only good for feathers and nothing else.

Edited by TheSilentChloey

3 hours ago, Faellin said:

I do not think it is worth it. I am not a huge fan of Bonds unless it for an easy mode like Arena or Røkkr Sieges where meeting the requirements is not going to cost you an arm and leg. Trying to set up Bonds in Aether Raids or Abyssal is super risky and/or a huge hassle, although it might be okay if you are using a Ward Armor or Ward Dragon team where everyone has Distant Counter.

I would personally just stick with Life and Death so he can draw Chills away from his Ally Support partner.

Edited by XRay

What happens when you merge a 4 star unit (with skills inherited) with a 5 star?  I have Renewed Spirit Eir and wanted to know what would happen if I merged her with her 5 star version when I get her.

38 minutes ago, TheSilentChloey said:

What happens when you merge a 4 star unit (with skills inherited) with a 5 star?  I have Renewed Spirit Eir and wanted to know what would happen if I merged her with her 5 star version when I get her.

If you use a 5* unit as a base and the 4* as a fodder, the 5* base will get 80 SP and learn any skills the 4* fodder has learned, BUT WILL NOT GET A MERGE+1.

If you use a 4* unit as a base and the 5* as a fodder, you get 120 SP and learn any skills the 4* fodder has learned, as well as getting a merge+1.

I do not think either of those options are good in my opinion. You get 20,000+ Hero Feathers a week on average, so promoting the 4* to 5* and merging them is not really that expensive, and she will also get HP/Atk+1 as well as an additional HP/Atk/Spd+1. HP+2 is not great since it pushes her to 41 HP, but she is getting Atk+2 and Spd+1 which I think more than makes up for it and is really worth it.

If you really need to save space, I would just turn the 5* copy into a Combat Manual. And then whenever you have enough Feathers, just promote the 4* copy into 5* and then merge the 5* Manual into the newly promoted 5*.

30 minutes ago, XRay said:

If you use a 5* unit as a base and the 4* as a fodder, the 5* base will get 80 SP and learn any skills the 4* fodder has learned, BUT WILL NOT GET A MERGE+1.

If you use a 4* unit as a base and the 5* as a fodder, you get 120 SP and learn any skills the 4* fodder has learned, as well as getting a merge+1.

I do not think either of those options are good in my opinion. You get 20,000+ Hero Feathers a week on average, so promoting the 4* to 5* and merging them is not really that expensive, and she will also get HP/Atk+1 as well as an additional HP/Atk/Spd+1. HP+2 is not great since it pushes her to 41 HP, but she is getting Atk+2 and Spd+1 which I think more than makes up for it and is really worth it.

If you really need to save space, I would just turn the 5* copy into a Combat Manual. And then whenever you have enough Feathers, just promote the 4* copy into 5* and then merge the 5* Manual into the newly promoted 5*.

I have a low level of feathers atm.

4 minutes ago, TheSilentChloey said:

I have a low level of feathers atm.

Then I would just book the 5*. You can always decide to spend more later and promote. We get 20,000+ Feathers a week on average, so I do not think it is a good idea to cheap out on Feathers just for an extremely minor short term gain. It is almost always better to play the long game in my opinion.

good users of fort def/res? got a lucky free summon the new banner, +hp -def. i've already got a high investment duma so i don't see myself using a second armoured dragon. the skill seems good on units with mixed bulk who either have a dc weapon or don't want DC. i've only really seen it on units with it as a base kit or support units to increase bulk. is this it's best use?