"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

1 minute ago, TheSilentChloey said:

I don't use him period so he's worthless to me, and I have a +Hp/-Res who literally was level 40 conversation and never used again, since I mostly use male Grima for nearly all content for the green unit and he's not even full strength yet.

You might not use him now, but it is still a good idea to have a diverse Barracks. Your favorite units cannot be everywhere at once, so you will eventually need to use other units for modes like Arena Assault, Blessed Gardens, etc.

I strongly discourage sending him home for Feathers, since the small amount of Feathers just does not justify it. G Duel Infantry and Infantry Pulse are worth far more than 1,000 Feathers, so I recommend turning him into a Combat Manual if you do not need him for skill fodder now.

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, sending home a 5* for feathers is a HUGE waste. Infantry Pulse is a rare skill, but even if you don't have a use for it now you might in the future. Or if you just don't care, it's even better to just merge. Like @XRay said, it's nice to have a strong diverse barracks for Arena Assault. I've been only playing for a few months, and I'm just now at the point where I can make it through all 7 battles without losing. I wouldn't be able to if I sent home the 5* units that I don't like and never use (and there are quite a few) 

Who should I give sudden panic to? I got a Gerik with -atk +spd. 

I was thinking a unit that can effectively team up with Brave Micaiah to spread debuffs or M!Corrin to allow Surtr to become a better omega tank. Bridal Fjorm seems like a good candidate as she is a support unit first and foremost. 

How is this Larcei as a DC unit? Gave her this due to her good bulk and the fact that I have way too many simple offensive swords. As a seal is Atk/Res2 or Spd/Res2 better since other seals like Warding stance are occupied? 

Edited by SuperNova125

5 hours ago, Icelerate said:

I was thinking a unit that can effectively team up with Brave Micaiah to spread debuffs or M!Corrin to allow Surtr to become a better omega tank. Bridal Fjorm seems like a good candidate as she is a support unit first and foremost. 

I would go with whoever runs a +HP support build. Bridal Belonging Fjorm and Loki would probably be your prime candidates.

You can also run it on combat medics like Falchion users, although they would not be able to Panic things very well immediately after they heal.

Duma and A Monstrous Harvest Hector are also options since they deal out of combat damage, although Sudden Panic might not work immediately since you have to wait for the next turn.

4 hours ago, SuperNova125 said:

How is this Larcei as a DC unit? Gave her this due to her good bulk and the fact that I have way too many simple offensive swords. As a seal is Atk/Res2 or Spd/Res2 better since other seals like Warding stance are occupied? Screenshot_20200109_172627.thumb.jpg.a1a169a3a92d2229811ae4b467fb810b.jpg

I would go with any Sacred Seal that boosts Spd. In my opinion, bulk is generally more important than Atk since you can always rely on a Special to deal damage. I would go with Darting Stance, but if that is occupied, Spd/Res is fine.

Ideally, you still want to run Quick Riposte on a Spd tank because the unit gave up its A slot, so it will almost always be slower against a properly built fast nuke. However, if you are not using your Spd tank to tank fast nukes, going without Quick Riposte should be fine.

Edited by XRay

Time for a theory crafted build.

In general is Fort Def/Res 3 inferior to Steady Stance 4? Since Male Grima has a monstrously high attack stat would he be better off with Steady Stance 4 vs Fort Def/Res 3?

Additionally is a +Atk Lucy better with L and D 3 or Swift Sparrow 4?  Would she benefit from shield and Infantry Pulse to boost Aether activation? What is a passible B skill otherwise?

28 minutes ago, TheSilentChloey said:

In general is Fort Def/Res 3 inferior to Steady Stance 4? Since Male Grima has a monstrously high attack stat would he be better off with Steady Stance 4 vs Fort Def/Res 3?

I will compare it to Bracing Stance 3, since that is a better comparison even though it is not out yet. Fort Def/Res and Bracing Stance have very different applications.

Fort Def/Res has several applications:
1. Mitigating damage from Blazing Specials.
2. Drawing Chills away from others.
3. Applying Sabotages and Ploys

Bracing Stance is strictly for combat, and it is generally better due built in Guard. However, the only combat scenario where Bracing Stance is worse is against nukes running Blazing Specials.

— — — — — — —

If we are comparing Fort Def/Res to Steady Stance, the comparison gets a little trickier. For combat, Steady Stance essentially trades are away its performance against Blazing nukes and Res+6 in return for Guard and Def+2. Whether or not that trade is worth it depends on how you use your unit. Personally, I would just wait for Bracing Stance 3 to come out and not bother with Steady Stance. Alternatively, I would run Warding Breath or the newly released Mirror Stance.

Edited by XRay

5 hours ago, TheSilentChloey said:

Additionally is a +Atk Lucy better with L and D 3 or Swift Sparrow 4?  Would she benefit from shield and Infantry Pulse to boost Aether activation? What is a passible B skill otherwise?

Still curious on this one in particular.

48 minutes ago, TheSilentChloey said:

Still curious on this one in particular.

6 hours ago, TheSilentChloey said:

Additionally is a +Atk Lucy better with L and D 3 or Swift Sparrow 4? 

I completely missed that.

I assume you mean to switch the numbers between Swift Sparrow and Life and Death. I lean towards Life and Death since it is slightly stronger with an extra point in Atk.

6 hours ago, TheSilentChloey said:

Would she benefit from shield and Infantry Pulse to boost Aether activation? What is a passible B skill otherwise?

Lucina would best benefit from Desperation as a Player Phase unit. You can try to turn her into Spd tank, but that is expensive and their viability is more limited in my opinion.

Shield Pulse only works with Specials that reduce damage and Miracle. It does not work with Specials that only deals damage.

Infantry Pulse does not help the unit's own cooldown, so you have to put it on an ally. I assume you mean Wrath since Infantry Pulse is a C skill. I personally recommend Desperation over Wrath. Wrath is more for one shot nukes and Brave nukes in my opinion. In general, doubling is usually stronger than one shot and slow Brave builds in my opinion. Doubling usually means that you are giving up a little Atk for far more Spd (e.g.: switching from Death Blow to Swift Sparrow), so you are almost doubling the damage output of a one shot build. Doubling is also usually stronger than slow Brave builds, since slow Brave builds have an Atk penalty in exchange for "winning" the Spd check and have a "guaranteed" Desperation effect.

I also do not recommend Aether on a Player Phase unit that is dependent on Desperation for performance. Aether takes the Player Phase unit out of Desperation range.

I would build her with something like this:
Sealed Falchion
Reposition
Moonbow
Life and Death
Desperation
(Any C)
Brazen Atk/Spd

If you want to combine the benefits of doubling and slow Brave to quad attack to deal maximum damage, you will want Brazen Atk/Spd 4 in the A slot. Due to how Brave Weapons work, they are much worse than non-Brave Weapons if you do not provide enough Atk/Spd stacking, but they scale much better than non-Brave Weapons for each point in Atk/Spd you can give them, so eventually, with enough Atk/Spd stacking, Brave Weapons will eventually be superior to non-Brave Weapons.
Brave Sword
Reposition
Luna
Brazen Atk/Spd
Desperation
(Any C)
Brazen Atk/Spd

Edited by XRay

5 minutes ago, XRay said:

I completely missed that.

I assume you mean to switch the numbers between Swift Sparrow and Life and Death. I lean towards Life and Death since it is slightly stronger with an extra point in Atk.

Lucina would best benefit from Desperation as a Player Phase unit. You can try to turn her into Spd tank, but that is expensive and their viability is more limited in my opinion.

Shield Pulse only works with Specials that reduce damage and Miracle. It does not work with Specials that only deals damage.

Infantry Pulse does not help the unit's own cooldown, so you have to put it on an ally. I assume you mean Wrath since Infantry Pulse is a C skill. I personally recommend Desperation over Wrath. Wrath is more for one shot nukes and Brave nukes in my opinion. In general, doubling is usually stronger than one shot and slow Brave builds in my opinion. Doubling usually means that you are giving up a little Atk for far more Spd (e.g.: switching from Death Blow to Swift Sparrow), so you are almost doubling the damage output of a one shot build. Doubling is also usually stronger than slow Brave builds, since slow Brave builds have an Atk penalty in exchange for "winning" the Spd check and have a "guaranteed" Desperation effect.

I also do not recommend Aether on a Player Phase unit that is dependent on Desperation for performance. Aether takes the Player Phase unit out of Desperation range.

I would build her with something like this:
Sealed Falchion
Reposition
Moonbow
Life and Death
Desperation
(Any C)
Brazen Atk/Spd

If you want to combine the benefits of doubling and slow Brave to quad attack to deal maximum damage, you will want Brazen Atk/Spd 4 in the A slot. Due to how Brave Weapons work, they are much worse than non-Brave Weapons if you do not provide enough Atk/Spd stacking, but they scale much better than non-Brave Weapons for each point in Atk/Spd you can give them, so eventually, with enough Atk/Spd stacking, Brave Weapons will eventually be superior to non-Brave Weapons.
Brave Sword
Reposition
Luna
Brazen Atk/Spd
Desperation
(Any C)
Brazen Atk/Spd

I'm thinking of a semi supporting build (Drive Atk/Drive Speed) and anything that crosses Lucy's path will not survive that initial hit as I have been seeing how much I can push Lucy's attack.  She's currently pushing 60 atk (very close to Grimmy's 64 atk, and she's higher merges than he is) with her current build and can deal massive damage without a brave sword (though I do wonder how she'd go with a brave sword/brave sword+ if she could kill before they were able to retaliate, though she'll definitely lose her bonus dragon damage).

I currently have this build on her:

lucy_build_by_thesilentchloey_ddo1uhg-fu

OKAY. So, I switched devices and WHERE DID ALL MY ORBS GO?! O_O Seriously, I had 80-90 orbs saved up and ALL OF THEM are gone. ;-; I have 17 now, but that was just from log-in freebies... I sent a ticket, but I don't know what happened or what to do, especially since I sent the ticket about 4 and a half hours ago and there's still no response...

38 minutes ago, TheSilentChloey said:

I'm thinking of a semi supporting build (Drive Atk/Drive Speed) and anything that crosses Lucy's path will not survive that initial hit as I have been seeing how much I can push Lucy's attack.  She's currently pushing 60 atk (very close to Grimmy's 64 atk, and she's higher merges than he is) with her current build and can deal massive damage without a brave sword (though I do wonder how she'd go with a brave sword/brave sword+ if she could kill before they were able to retaliate, though she'll definitely lose her bonus dragon damage).

She is fine for one shotting dragons and frail nukes, but her Atk is not high enough to one shot anything with reasonable bulk, especially not in Infernal where things frequently hit like 90+ bulk based on just BST alone without factoring any skills.

Assuming max merges, most melee units in competitive PvP modes would have around 80+ bulk, more towards the high end if they are tanks. A lot are capable of reaching around 90 to 100 if they are also armor units or a tank that specializes in one bulk. If we look at Ophelia, she has 65 bulk at +10+10 with Life and Death, so sword units cannot be lazy with their Spd if they do not have the Atk to one shot her.

For Lucina, I strongly recommend using Sealed Falchion because it gives her a stronger stat boost.

While you can wait for regular Falchion and Renewal to get her back up to 100% HP so she can have reasonable performance, that is very clunky and slow in my opinion. If she runs Desperation, she can smack units repeatedly in quick succession when the need arise so she is not just sitting around wasting time waiting for her HP to come back up.

— — — — — — —

If you want to turn her into a support unit, I recommend using her as a combat medic with a build similar to a Spd tank so she can avoid enemy doubles. Triple Renewal should get her back to full HP in a somewhat reasonable time frame so she can heal more frequently and hold her own against greens, but it is still super slow to get her back to fighting shape compared to just running Desperation as a Player Phase unit.
Falchion [Spd]
Reciprocal Aid — Ardent Sacrifice
Moonbow
Life and Death — HP+5 — HP/Spd
Renewal — Lull Atk/Spd — Dull Close — Close Call — Repel
(Any C)
Renewal — HP+5 — HP/Spd

If you want a Falchion unit that can buff, I recommend using Marth since he does that a lot better than Lucina in my opinion, and he can heal too just like Lucina.

— — — — — — —

If you want to go Brave Sword with Lucina, I recommend running a quad build instead of a slow Brave build. She might as well hit 4 times instead of just twice since she got the Spd for it. If you do not have Brazen Atk/Spd 4, it should be okay to just run Life and Death 3, but I would recommend sticking with Sealed Falchion since there is not enough difference in my opinion to warrant spending 20,000 Feathers on Brave Sword without the highest stat boosting A skill.

5 hours ago, Mercakete said:

OKAY. So, I switched devices and WHERE DID ALL MY ORBS GO?! O_O Seriously, I had 80-90 orbs saved up and ALL OF THEM are gone. ;-; I have 17 now, but that was just from log-in freebies... I sent a ticket, but I don't know what happened or what to do, especially since I sent the ticket about 4 and a half hours ago and there's still no response...

Oopsies, but good news: the orbs aren't gone, but I looks like I may have given some bad info previously. Looks like all orbs are locked to an OS, so you'll need to go log into your FEH account from either Android or iOS depending on what your old device was in order to spend those orbs. You might need to borrow a phone or tablet if you no longer have your old device, or use an emulator. No rush since orbs don't expire: you can just sit on them for now and do this only when you actually want to spend the orbs, no need to burn them all immediately.

Edited by Humanoid

25 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

Oopsies, but good news: the orbs aren't gone, but I looks like I may have given some bad info previously. Looks like all orbs are locked to an OS, so you'll need to go log into your FEH account from either Android or iOS depending on what your old device was in order to spend those orbs. You might need to borrow a phone or tablet if you no longer have your old device, or use an emulator. No rush since orbs don't expire: you can just sit on them for now and do this only when you actually want to spend the orbs, no need to burn them all immediately.

Okay... I'll see how things progress in the future, but thanks for the correction. @_@ *still a bit stunned by all this*

I'm realizing I need to get serious about my Arena scoring. I've been stuck in T18 for a while now, and even though I always win all my daily matches and get kills with the bonus unit (and very rarely lose a unit of my own), I never gain any ground and sometime even demote to T17. So I guess it comes down to scoring. I did start using my only +10 (Tharja), and my score average did go up about 8-12 points. So I need to concentrate on merging an Arena core, but I'm not sure who would be the smartest to start with. Below is a list of units that I have at least 6+ copies, units marked with * have enough copies to +10 immediately once I get the feathers. I'd like to merge someone who will score well and would be good for AR also if possible (offense or defense). A few units that I like and was planning on building and merging anyway are Ares, Norne, Kagero, Sothe, Lilina, and Priscilla. If any of those will score well, then great. If not, I'm open to any of the units below.  I also understand that merging is only half the score, I will give them high SP skills when I can. I also have a +1 L!Julia and have two extra copies I was saving for fodder, but if a +3 Legendary unit is worth more in score than fodder, I guess could merge her and use in Arena.

• Marth*
  • Ares*
  • Caeda*
  • Chrom
  • Soleil*
  • Cordelia
  • Eliwood
  • Gwendolyn*
  • Effie
  • Catria
  • Cherche*
  • Norne*
  • Klein*
  • Niles*
  • Sothe*
  • Kagero*
  • Lilina*
  • Reinhardt*
  • Priscilla*
  • Adult Tiki*
  • Nowi

1 hour ago, TEKWRX said:

I'm realizing I need to get serious about my Arena scoring. I've been stuck in T18 for a while now, and even though I always win all my daily matches and get kills with the bonus unit (and very rarely lose a unit of my own), I never gain any ground and sometime even demote to T17. So I guess it comes down to scoring. I did start using my only +10 (Tharja), and my score average did go up about 8-12 points. So I need to concentrate on merging an Arena core, but I'm not sure who would be the smartest to start with. Below is a list of units that I have at least 6+ copies, units marked with * have enough copies to +10 immediately once I get the feathers. I'd like to merge someone who will score well and would be good for AR also if possible (offense or defense). A few units that I like and was planning on building and merging anyway are Ares, Norne, Kagero, Sothe, Lilina, and Priscilla. If any of those will score well, then great. If not, I'm open to any of the units below.  I also understand that merging is only half the score, I will give them high SP skills when I can. I also have a +1 L!Julia and have two extra copies I was saving for fodder, but if a +3 Legendary unit is worth more in score than fodder, I guess could merge her and use in Arena.

• Marth*
  • Ares*
  • Caeda*
  • Chrom
  • Soleil*
  • Cordelia
  • Eliwood
  • Gwendolyn*
  • Effie
  • Catria
  • Cherche*
  • Norne*
  • Klein*
  • Niles*
  • Sothe*
  • Kagero*
  • Lilina*
  • Reinhardt*
  • Priscilla*
  • Adult Tiki*
  • Nowi

Okay i will totally help you. 🙂.  give me a moment.

(I went more in depth privately, check your mentions) - but basically, with what you have here, I would save the rest of your orbs (maybe a TINY dip in legendary if you feel compelled to summon), but go hard on Blue next month for Julias (adding more merges), getting Azuras started, and working on getting Rally +'s etc. if you want to be hard core in arena. 

Norne, Echnida(once she demotes) etc would be better options even though no prfs - will not require duel skills int he A slot more than a lot of your other options - NOT to say you can't build them. I use Fae, Est, Soleil without duels because i'm fine bouncing from 19 through 21 - but then you have to make sure you fish for higher scores, have bare minimum duel rally skills, good scoring b skills (renewal), and drives etc and good seals upgraded (again renewal, drives, distant defense).  🙂 

Edited by daisy jane

TEKWRX, were you building W!Cecilia for AR? I don't remember if it was you who said it on the AR topic.

I use W!Cecilia as a core in my Arena team. She has a high BST, don't needing a Duel Skill, her skill set from AR works out for Arena (Dual Rally +, Aether, CC, Vengeful Fighter, Atk Smoke, DD Seal) and mine is +10 already. You can aim to have her built up for it, if you are already working on her for AR.

Daisy probably said it in her message, but there are 3 factors to good scoring in Arena:

*BST - Gives better scores at each multiple of five (160 through 164 gives the same scoring, 165 through 169 gives the same score between them, but higher than the previous bin, and so on)
*Merges - Focus on +10 you arena core units, that's straightforward.
*SP Cost total - You need to have the higher costed skill on each slot of your units to have the best possible score. Dual Rallys+, Aether/Galeforce... Sometimes that's not the best skills to use optimally, but that's what we have to do to score.

On 1/9/2020 at 2:01 AM, TheSilentChloey said:

I summoned a free Helbindi (-HP/+Res) what skills does he have that are worth foddering or should I turn him into feathers instead for Henry to get to 10+ (because he needs the merges atm)

You should never send home 5-star units for feathers. Even sending home 3- or 4-star units for feathers is typically a waste unless the unit has no viable skills for Skill Inheritance or if you're swimming in the unit.

Infantry Pulse and G Duel Infantry are both useful skills, but also extremely situational. Infantry Pulse is best used by building a full team around the skill and entirely depends on the team's members so you have to plan that out before giving out the skill. G Duel Infantry is used to make a green infantry unit viable for scoring in modes that use Arena scoring rules, but it also hampers the unit's performance significantly by using up their A skill.

If your Barracks is not full, there's no good reason to not just leave him be.

On 1/9/2020 at 11:15 AM, Icelerate said:

Pick a support unit with a lot of HP. It would also be a good idea to check what the HP stats of enemies you're expecting to fight just to make sure you can hit them.

On 1/9/2020 at 11:37 AM, SuperNova125 said:

How is this Larcei as a DC unit? Gave her this due to her good bulk and the fact that I have way too many simple offensive swords. As a seal is Atk/Res2 or Spd/Res2 better since other seals like Warding stance are occupied?

If you are keeping Repel on her, then it's probably better to pass up on Def and Res altogether and focus on boosting her Spd instead.

Darting Blow or Swift Sparrow are good if you plan to use her as a dual phase unit since you had to give up her A slot for Distant Counter, and Darting Stance is good if you plan to use her more for enemy phase. If you think you can manage the positioning requirements, Atk/Spd Bond is also a decent choice. You can also use Brazen Atk/Spd if you can take the damage to activate it safely.

19 hours ago, TheSilentChloey said:

Time for a theory crafted build.

Fortress Def/Res 3 is better for dual-phase builds. Steady Stance 4 is better for enemy-phase builds.

Swift Sparrow 4 doesn't exist. Swift Sparrow 3 beats Life and Death 3 hands down. Life and Death 4 is better than Swift Sparrow 3 if you know you have the bulk to avoid being one-hit killed on the counterattack.

Shield Pulse doesn't do anything for Aether. it only works on the Buckler, Holy Vestments, and Miracle skill trees.

Infantry Pulse is a bit difficult to have Lucina benefit from due to her relatively high HP, and Aether's cooldown is too long for it to make much of a difference after the first activation. I'd lean towards using a Special with a shorter cooldown, like Moonbow, and use Desperation for sustain instead of Aether's healing.

2 hours ago, TEKWRX said:

I also understand that merging is only half the score, I will give them high SP skills when I can.

Every 5 points of stat total (excluding skills and merges, but including the removed Flaw or the +3 neutral bonus points from the first merge) adds 0.5 Arena points.

Every 100 points of SP (using the skill's base cost and not the inflated cost when inherited) adds 0.5 Arena points.

Every 1 merge adds 1 Arena point.

Every blessing adds 2 Arena points multiplied by the number of Legendary Heroes matching that element when that element is in season. (Mythic Heroes that are in-season count as having a blessing.)

(Note that Arena points round down to the nearest 2 and that Arena and Arena Assault have variance due to matchmaking instead of fixed scores like Allegiance Battles or Mjolnir's Strike.)

You can use this as a general guideline for prioritization and determining if a trade-off is worth it.

For example, if you have the choice between an armor with 180 total stats or an infantry with 165 total stats (both with skills worth the same SP), the infantry will be worth more than the armor as long as it has at least 2 more merges.

Similarly, a single merge adds the same number of Arena points as 200 SP worth of skills, so it is generally more worth it to add merges instead of upgrading your 200-SP skills to 240-SP skills. (However, upgrading to a 500-SP Special skill is generally worth it if you don't need to rely on it for performance.)

A few units that I like and was planning on building and merging anyway are Ares, Norne, Kagero, Sothe, Lilina, and Priscilla. If any of those will score well, then great. If not, I'm open to any of the units below.

Prioritize units that you can get the most merges on and that you are most comfortable using.

The most important thing for Arena scoring is to use units that you are comfortable with using. Increasing your Arena score doesn't matter if you can't win matches without losing any units.

Once you know what play style you want to use, pick units matching that play style that you can get the most merges on. As mentioned above with the calculations, merges have the largest impact on score, so you should prioritize getting your full team to +10 first with performance-focused skills before you start to replace performance skills with scoring skills.

I also have a +1 L!Julia and have two extra copies I was saving for fodder, but if a +3 Legendary unit is worth more in score than fodder, I guess could merge her and use in Arena.

Merges are worth more than fodder for scoring. Merging Julia once is worth 1 Arena point. Upgrading another unit's 200-SP skill to a 300-SP skill is only worth 0.5 Arena points.

However, note that the score boost of Legendary Heroes and blessings is not always worth it depending on what unit you had to drop from your team to add the Legendary Hero. For example, a single Legendary Hero with 3 blessings is worth 6 points (2 × 3 blessings × 1 Legendary Hero). However, if the unit you got rid of in order to add the Legendary Hero has 6 more merges than the Legendary Hero (assuming points from stats and SP are equal), then you only broke even instead of increasing your score.

So on Earth season, a +3 Julia with 3 blessings is effectively worth the same as being +9 with no blessings.

Edited by Ice Dragon

Thanks for the education on Arena scoring everyone. I think I have a better idea now. I think I will continue to prioritize merging Norne as she has decent BST and is a decent tanky unit who I like. Plus I have almost enough copies to +10 now (feathers permitting), although it's a bummer she comes with Repo as I' always running low on Silas, Barst, & Selena... Considering Norne's bulk, would she be a decent user of Close Counter? Although if I did that she's lose the Bracing Stance she has now so it would lower her bulk, so maybe not.

Not sure what to do about Julia. It would bump up my score, but than I'd have to make sure the other units are all Earth blessed, and my better scorers might have a different blessing so that might make it a moot point. But before I do decide to merge her up, are there any units that would really benefit from Mirror Impact? Seems like a pretty rare skill.

4 hours ago, Rinco said:

TEKWRX, were you building W!Cecilia for AR? I don't remember if it was you who said it on the AR topic.

I use W!Cecilia as a core in my Arena team. She has a high BST, don't needing a Duel Skill, her skill set from AR works out for Arena (Dual Rally +, Aether, CC, Vengeful Fighter, Atk Smoke, DD Seal) and mine is +10 already. You can aim to have her built up for it, if you are already working on her for AR.

Yes, W!Cecilia is my Astra tank in AR. I will start using her in Arena for her high BST. She already has Aether, CC, Special Fighter, & Atk Smoke. I have 2 Quan combat manuals so I can give her a dual rally+ right away. She's +2 right now, but the merges will be slow. Grails take forever to earn, and I did just invest and build Kronya as my Vantage sweeper so depending on how she performs there will competition for grails over the next few months.

EDIT: Sorry for the double posting. I was trying to add the above quote into my post, but the forum added it as a reply 

Edited by TEKWRX
double posting

So I've recently accumulated a few units that might be good skill fodder, but since I'm not quite sure about whom I should give their skills to (if at all), I'd like to ask for some of your opinions.

I generally use Brave Veronica and Legendary Tiki quite a lot, but have both of them at +1 with a good nature already, so I was considering to utilize their Wrathful Staff/Fierce Breath + Bold Fighter as skill fodder. On one hand there are many units who would appreciate those skills, but on the other hand the merge bonus might be quite useful as well, even if it's quite small and my chances of actually getting either Veronica or Tiki to +10 are pretty slim due to me not spending money on the game.
There's also the following issue: granting another healer Wrathful Staff might be neat, but isn't really a necessity since I have exactly 10 Wrathful + Dazzling healers already. Fierce Breath + Bold Fighter are far rarer however and would likely be more useful, which is why I've considered giving them to one of my Armor March armors (Halloween Henry, Halloween Dozla or Valentine's Lyn).
So basically I'm asking: Would you fodder those two units off, and if yes, which one of the Armor March guys would be the best recipient of the mentioned skills?

Secondly there's Flora, who's also at +1 with a good nature, but whom I'm using significantly less than Veronica or Tiki since she's kind of more situational. She obviously has Atk/Res-Solo, which might be pretty good for slower magic tanks like Yune/Julia/female Morgan. Would you recommend inheriting it to one of them?

And finally: I've pulled Legendary Marth and Sacred Memories Eirika both with a neutral and a +Atk nature. Which one of them should I merge away and which one should I keep respectively? I'm leaning towards the neutral ones atm since I'm assuming that 1 Spd/HP are worth more than 2 Atk, but I'm not completely sure yet...
Also, on that note: What would be a good A slot skill for Legendary Marth (that's sort of not too expensive)? Probably just Fury or maybe Distant Counter?

Thanks in advance for any help! 🙂

14 hours ago, TEKWRX said:

I run a Tactics team with the following role composition, and I bounce between Tier 19 and Tier 20.
Bonus Unit — Askr Trio
Dancer/Singer — Olivia: Spd Tactic and Def Tactic
Firesweep Nuke — BH!Lyn: Atk Tactic
Nuke/Tank/Anything — Cordelia: Res Tactic

The Dancer/Singer will run two Tactics skill, and the other two cheerleaders will each run one other Tactics skill. The Firesweep nuke is there to deal chip damage in case the bonus unit has difficulty killing something. The nuke/tank is there to kill things quickly and speed up the battle, but you can run any unit as your third core.

8 hours ago, Sias said:

I generally use Brave Veronica and Legendary Tiki quite a lot, but have both of them at +1 with a good nature already, so I was considering to utilize their Wrathful Staff/Fierce Breath + Bold Fighter as skill fodder. On one hand there are many units who would appreciate those skills, but on the other hand the merge bonus might be quite useful as well, even if it's quite small and my chances of actually getting either Veronica or Tiki to +10 are pretty slim due to me not spending money on the game.
There's also the following issue: granting another healer Wrathful Staff might be neat, but isn't really a necessity since I have exactly 10 Wrathful + Dazzling healers already. Fierce Breath + Bold Fighter are far rarer however and would likely be more useful, which is why I've considered giving them to one of my Armor March armors (Halloween Henry, Halloween Dozla or Valentine's Lyn).
So basically I'm asking: Would you fodder those two units off, and if yes, which one of the Armor March guys would be the best recipient of the mentioned skills?

You can always turn them into a Combat Manual first so it does not take up space. You can use Manuals for both merging and Skill Inheritance. I would personally use both for Skill Inheritance if you do not plan to merge them to +10.

While you have 10 Firesweep nukes, you may want to bump that up to 12 for Arena Assault (so you divide them into 4 groups, each with 3 Firesweepers). I like using Firesweepers for Arena Assault because it makes the battles super easy. I personally recommend Firesweep archers over Firesweep clerics since they are much easier to use since they have access to Reposition, but Firesweep clerics should be fine too.

Fierce Breath cannot be inherited by ranged units. I recommend choosing a melee armor with a Distant Counter Weapon to gain the most out of it.

8 hours ago, Sias said:

Secondly there's Flora, who's also at +1 with a good nature, but whom I'm using significantly less than Veronica or Tiki since she's kind of more situational. She obviously has Atk/Res-Solo, which might be pretty good for slower magic tanks like Yune/Julia/female Morgan. Would you recommend inheriting it to one of them?

If you have already merged her, I do not recommend foddering her. If you have an extra copy of Flora though, I think Julia and Yune would be best.

F!Morgan is a bit slow, but if you choose to invest in her Spd, she can be fast. In my opinion, I think it is kind of a waste to use her as a tank since she has really good mobility as a flier and her Spd is not that bad.

8 hours ago, Sias said:

And finally: I've pulled Legendary Marth and Sacred Memories Eirika both with a neutral and a +Atk nature. Which one of them should I merge away and which one should I keep respectively? I'm leaning towards the neutral ones atm since I'm assuming that 1 Spd/HP are worth more than 2 Atk, but I'm not completely sure yet...
Also, on that note: What would be a good A slot skill for Legendary Marth (that's sort of not too expensive)? Probably just Fury or maybe Distant Counter?

For SM!Eirika, I do not recommend neutral. Increasing HP is really bad idea for Aether Raids since Player Phase units are dependent on stepping on a Bolt Trap to get into Desperation range, and you do not want to step on a level 1 Bolt Trap when your nuke has 41 HP or higher. While SM!Eirika is not severely impacted by increasing her HP since her HP is well below 40, if you ever plan to merge or Flower her a lot, she should avoid increasing her HP. She has 36 HP, which means that at +10, she would have 40 HP if she is not neutral and does not have a +HP Asset.

For Marth: Hero King, if he is primarily used to kill dragons and he is not running Desperation, I think it is fine to increase his HP. However, if you do plan to run Desperation on him and have him be a nuke, then I do not recommend merging him just yet since it will take him to 41 HP, and I do not think the increase in stats is enough to warrant an increase in HP in my opinion. For his A skill, I would go with Fury or Life and Death.

Basically, you want to keep nuke's HP to 40 or below, until you have enough merges to make the increase in Atk/Spd worth the risk of having a higher HP.

Edited by XRay

7 hours ago, TEKWRX said:

But before I do decide to merge her up, are there any units that would really benefit from Mirror Impact? Seems like a pretty rare skill.

Most units would rather have Sturdy Impact instead of Mirror Impact. Mirror Impact is mostly only useful for fast units that need the extra Res to avoid being killed by dragons and can afford to give up the Spd from a Spd-boosting A skill.

7 hours ago, Sias said:

If you already have a lot of units with Wrathful Staff, it probably shouldn't be too much of a priority to get another one. Merges might be more useful at that point.

Bold Fighter is useful on literally every armor unit in the game. If you want to go for scoring, I'd suggest picking an armor that you can feasibly merge. Otherwise, give it to the armor unit you use the most.

Among your Armor March units, none of them can use Fierce Breath because it is restricted to melee units. As for Fierce Breath, it's generally considered a bit less useful than Steady Breath or Warding Breath, but it is still a good skill. It's typically most effective to give Fierce Breath to a unit that already has Distant Counter on their weapon.

Personally, it's a toss-up if you want to merge or fodder Tiki.

8 hours ago, Sias said:

For player-phase units, you should give it to someone that has a guaranteed follow-up from their weapon and is intended to fight mages. It's typically considered a bit less useful than Atk/Spd Solo, though.

I would generally not recommend it for an enemy-phase unit (outside of Aether Raids) since the Solo condition generally makes it harder to stack buffs on the unit.

8 hours ago, Sias said:

I personally lean towards keeping +Atk for both of them.

8 hours ago, Sias said:

Marth is pretty flexible with his A skill. His default Atk/Spd Bond is not bad, though if you're planning on using him on player phase, Fury is going to be a better option. Distant Counter lets him function as a dual-phase unit, which is rather convenient, especially since he is capable of buffing his stats through the roof.

so i have my +spd +1 shannan, i'm really enjoying using him, but i feel like his base speed is already high enough, while his atk could be improved a bit

also, considering i'll be using him as the arena bonus unit when the time comes, it would be for the best not to change his A skill, due to high arena scoring

so, since i only gave him a double rally, while the rest of his kit is the base one, i'm thinking about what seal should work in his favour

i thought about brazen atk res, in order to make him deal more damage and take more hits from dragons: it also works well with wrath

i'd give him summoner support, and with arena bonuses he should reach pretty good stats overall

what do you think? completely different sets are also welcome

Edited by Yexin

14 minutes ago, Yexin said:

so i have my +spd +1 shannan, i'm really enjoying using him, but i feel like his base speed is already high enough, while his atk could be improved a bit

also, considering i'll be using him as the arena bonus unit when the time comes, it would be for the best not to change his A skill, due to high arena scoring

so, since i only gave him a double rally, while the rest of his kit is the base one, i'm thinking about what seal should work in his favour

i thought about brazen atk res, in order to make him deal more damage and take more hits from dragons: it also works well with wrath

i'd give him summoner support, and with arena bonuses he should reach pretty good stats overall

what do you think? completely different sets are also welcome

If it is just for Arena, I lean towards Atk/Spd Bond on the Sacred Seal slot so he can more guarantee to kill something during his first round of combat. After that, whether you want to continue to use him or use your core team for kills is up to you. For Brazens, it does not work with his first round of combat, although it is more flexible afterwards since it does not require him to be next to allies.

If you plan to use him outside of Arena, I recommend either going with either Steady Posture or Swift Stance for a more coherent build if you want to keep his Enemy Phase build.