"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

6 minutes ago, TheSilentChloey said:

You idiot.  Nowi needs TO TANK she needs full HP you dolt XD

@XRay I haven't been able to summon those two, my luck is pretty foul.

Hm... There is Darting Stance from Shigure, but you need to 5* him. Darting Stance is faster since it gives more Spd with Spd+6, but it gives less total stat points overall compared to Steady Posture's Spd/Def+4, so I am a bit hesitant on recommending Darting Stance. It should work, but Darting Stance just feels a little less ideal.

If you do not have that either, I guess you can go Fury, but you will have to constantly bring her HP back up. It is technically doable, but it is a huge pain in the ass in my opinion since you also run the risk of the battle damage and recoil damage overwhelming your healer's healing ability.

Edited by XRay

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, TheSilentChloey said:

You idiot.  Nowi needs TO TANK she needs full HP you dolt XD

Honestly, that depends on whether or not you need to tank more than one round of combat per turn. Fury is perfectly manageable if you can split the enemy to only need to fight one round of combat per turn.

9 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Honestly, that depends on whether or not you need to tank more than one round of combat per turn. Fury is perfectly manageable if you can split the enemy to only need to fight one round of combat per turn.

I'm not that skilled lol

12 minutes ago, XRay said:

Hm... There is Darting Stance from Shigure, but you need to 5* him. Darting Stance is faster since it gives more Spd with Spd+6, but it gives less total stat points overall compared to Steady Posture's Spd/Def+4, so I am a bit hesitant on recommending Darting Stance. It should work, but Darting Stance just feels a little less ideal.

If you do not have that either, I guess you can go Fury, but you will have to constantly bring her HP back up. It is technically doable, but it is a huge pain in the ass in my opinion since you also run the risk of the battle damage and recoil damage overwhelming your healer's healing ability.

I'll have to see what combat manuals I have, I may have missed the four star ones.

9 minutes ago, TheSilentChloey said:

I'm not that skilled lol

I think even tanking two rounds of combat per turn should doable with Fury for easier modes like Arena (as long as you are not seeing crazy shit like Blade mage cavalry) and Arena Assault, since units there generally do not hit too hard, just make sure to avoid tanking multiple rounds of Bold Fighter enemies with Armor March/Armored Boots cause they can really sneak up on you.

If you are using Fury to tank though, make sure to bring a staff healer since they can heal a lot at once. Eir, Herons, and Reciprocal Aid/Sacrifice healers risk being overwhelmed since their healing is more limited.

Edited by XRay

1 minute ago, XRay said:

I think even tanking two rounds of combat per turn should doable with Fury for easier modes like Arena (as long as you are not seeing crazy shit like Blade mage cavalry) and Arena Assault, since units there generally do not hit too hard, just make sure to avoid tanking multiple rounds of Bold Fighter enemies with Armor March/Armored Boots cause they can really sneak up on you.

If you are using Fury to tank though, make sure to bring a staff healer since they can heal a lot at once. Eir, Herons, and Reciprocal Aid/Sacrifice healers risk being overwhelmed since their healing is more limited.

Fury on a tank just isn't the risk I want to take under any circumstance.

Sick of waiting for Ares, who has been stuck at +7 for half a year, so I'm just going to build an Eliwood to be my red horse for now, and he'll go straight to +10. Galeforce build of course, but what I need to figure out is that it's a 5 cooldown special for him, unlike my other Galeforce units who have Slaying effects on their weapons (Oscar and Raven). I imagine that requires a different build then. So what are my F2P-friendly options? (20k feather cost for a skill that unlocks at 5-star is fine, but pulling for 5-star fodder is not)

First off, I'm assuming a Speed boon to keep up with the ever-inflating speed powercreep. Weapon, Assist and Special are fixed. C-slot is some kind of Smoke, probably. So it's just really the A and B slots in question?

A-slot seems iffy if I run Life and Death because unlike the other units who can go Desperation, Eliwood needs to eat a counter to activate Galeforce. But what does that leave? Fury? Darting Blow?

B-slot is the one that's totally stumped me though. I dunno, Renewal? Some sort of Chill? Pass?

I have my Eliwood with Galeforce. Using B!Roy's weapon and refine, he can proc Galeforce if you double and the enemy counters you in between. I don't think that's too hard to get, unless you throw him at Abyssal stuff, and maybe some Infernal. 

He's been pretty useful as the hero on top on Mjollnir Strike for me.

edit: Nevermind, I missread the question lol
A slot can be Swift Sparrow (right now I don't remember  if it is at 4* on a grail unit) and B slot Chill Spd can be useful

Edited by Rinco

Oh right, didn't realise it was on Naesala. Though if I ever decide to build him (given that he himself is a Galeforce candidate, it's an appealing thought), it effectively becomes a 500 grail cost for foddering one.

3 hours ago, Humanoid said:

Sick of waiting for Ares, who has been stuck at +7 for half a year, so I'm just going to build an Eliwood to be my red horse for now, and he'll go straight to +10. Galeforce build of course, but what I need to figure out is that it's a 5 cooldown special for him, unlike my other Galeforce units who have Slaying effects on their weapons (Oscar and Raven). I imagine that requires a different build then. So what are my F2P-friendly options? (20k feather cost for a skill that unlocks at 5-star is fine, but pulling for 5-star fodder is not)

First off, I'm assuming a Speed boon to keep up with the ever-inflating speed powercreep. Weapon, Assist and Special are fixed. C-slot is some kind of Smoke, probably. So it's just really the A and B slots in question?

A-slot seems iffy if I run Life and Death because unlike the other units who can go Desperation, Eliwood needs to eat a counter to activate Galeforce. But what does that leave? Fury? Darting Blow?

B-slot is the one that's totally stumped me though. I dunno, Renewal? Some sort of Chill? Pass?

For C slot, I would go with Atk Smoke or Spd Smoke, and both are fine in my opinion. Atk Smoke helps Eliwood and his allies activate Heavy Blade easier. Spd Smoke is good too for allowing him and his allies to double easier, and activating Flashing Blade easier if his allies run it. Both are good for allowing him and his allies to survive Enemy Phase better in case they miss a kill. Def Smoke is good too, but it is in some ways more risky as it might cause one hit overkills, preventing Galeforce from activating.

Life and Death is fine in my opinion. Blazing Durandal provides Def+10, so I am not too concerned about dropping his bulk. While Eliwood does need to eat a counter to activate Galeforce, you generally only need to activate it once on the turn when you first move out to kill most of the enemy team. On Enemy Phase, the enemy will have too few units left to mount any significant counter attack, and if you manage to box in a ranged enemy, you can proceed to destroy his Aether Structures with impunity.

Desperation is fine in my opinion. Once he drops into Desperation range, he can avoid further counter attacks. Desperation slows down his Galeforce, but with most of the enemy team dead anyway, it is not a big deal to not activate Galeforce. Plus, you still have your Dancer/Singer on the team to give additional actions if need be.

If you want to maintain eating the counterattack feature, Renewal's 10 HP every other turn is a bit slow (you have to time your initiation of the Galeforce charge to be on the second turn, so Renewal will kick in immediately on the third turn), so you probably want Lull Atk/Spd to further reduce damage or Mystic Boost for after combat healing, but both are expensive. Chills are also pretty expensive since it is not in the 3*/4* pool, and the other way to get them besides summoning 5* units is via Grails, and I am a bit iffy on spending Grails on a Chill skill; Chills are nice, but I am not sure if it is worth 100 Grails. Pass is a bit too niche in my opinion.

15 hours ago, Humanoid said:

Another reason for +Spd is even though Eliwood's base neutral attack isn't that high at 31 base, +Atk along with Blazing Durandal's Atk+3 and whatever else to stack his attack could end up allowing him to one shot when you meant for him to double to charge Galeforce. It's mostly the speed thing, though, considering he has a 30 base neutral speed. +Spd and +10 merges bumps him up to 37 base and unique refined Blazing Durandal's Steady Impact gives him Spd+7 and Def+10 for 44 Spd and 37 Def on initiation.

You listed most of the A passives for him. The more expensive or harder to get stuff would be a Solo and tier 4 passives like Atk/Spd Push 4, Darting Blow 4, or Swift Sparrow 3.

For B passive, aside from what was already said, you could keep his default Axebreaker or give him whatever -breaker that you feel like. Drag Back, Hit and Run, maybe Knockback, or Lunge to troll people. Cavalry having three movement is a reason why I consider Pass for them since they can make use of it more easily than fliers and infantry who have two movement.

My Eliwood ended up being on my anima defense team. Reason being because his affinity in his home games is anima and I try to give units blessings based on their affinities, holy blood, or whatever that makes sense for them. First +10 unit a long time ago, +Spd, -Res, and with Reposition, Galeforce, Darting Blow 3, Lunge, Ward Cavalry or whatever C passive, and a Quickened Pulse seal to make sure if he attacks a ranged unit or someone who cannot counter back that he will activate Galeforce. On cavalry rival domains week, I have him run Pass and a different seal. No idea how anyone feels about using him. I figured since the AI units probably won't be that fast for him to need Axebreaker or Swordbreaker and I don't want people to have to deal with Lunge when they don't have to that having him run Pass would be fine. For Rokkr Sieges, Death Blow to make sure he does as much damage as possible.

Edited by Kaden

1 hour ago, TheSilentChloey said:

Trying to build Fred, what are some options to help him?

If you're planning on refining his weapon with its unique refine, you can build a dedicated armor counter by stacking as much Atk as physically possible. Ideally, you'd want to get as close to this as possible with the intent of one-hit killing everything you can:

Frederick [+Atk]
Frederick's Axe [unique]
Reposition / [flexible]
Ruptured Sky / Bonfire / [flexible]
Death Blow 4
Lull Atk/Def 3 / Lull Spd/Def 3 / Dull Close 3 / Axebreaker 3
[flexible]
Sturdy Blow 2 / Swift Sparrow 2

Alternatively, you can go with a standard enemy-phase build with Quick Riposte while stacking Atk and/or Def. You can keep Frederick's Axe if the effective damage is still useful, but there's also the option to switch to Slaying Axe or any other axe with a effect on enemy phase, depending on the role you intend for him to fill.

7 hours ago, TheSilentChloey said:

fire_emblem_heroes_2020_02_05_17_24_41_b

If you're all about piling on the attack during Enemy Phase, Fierce Stance on both the A slot and as a Seal may be worth the while (although the former would require you having a spare Dorcas lying around).

11 hours ago, TheSilentChloey said:

If you want to go Enemy Phase, I lean towards stacking as much Def as possible:

Rearguard — Slaying Axe
Def Refine
Reposition
Bonfire (Rearguard) — Ignis (Slaying Axe)
Sturdy Stance (tier 3 not yet released)
Lull Atk/Def — Quick Riposte
(Any C) — Atk Smoke
Quick Riposte — Close Def — Steady Stance — Sturdy Stance (not yet released)

The only premium skills in his kit is basically just Sturdy Stance 3 and Lull Atk/Def. You can always make do with Sturdy Stance 2 and Quick Riposte.

At max investment, assuming Sturdy Stance 3-Lull-Quick Riposte:
With Rearguard-Bonfire, Frederick gets 61+3 Def, and gets 30 damage Bonfire.
With Slaying-Ignis, Frederick gets 54+3 Def, and gets 43 damage Ignis.

Assuming Sturdy Stance 3-Quick Riposte-Sturdy Stance:
With Rearguard-Bonfire, Frederick gets 65 Def, and gets 32 damage Bonfire.
With Slaying-Ignis, Frederick gets 58 Def, and gets 46 damage Ignis.

I personally lean towards Rearguard, as 32 damage Bonfire is usually enough to kill most enemies that he tanks. With Slaying Axe, you are essentially trading away 7 Def for an increase of about 6 to 7 Atk (13/2=6.5; 14/2=7). So if you need more bulk, go with Rearguard, if you need damage output, go with Slaying.

Edited by XRay

Just got a +def -speed Eldigan and wanted to know if theres any special way of building him. IVs look fine since his speed is pretty trash by todays standards.

Someone mentioned he can refine into dark mysletainn and run the same stuff as Ares.

2 minutes ago, Faellin said:

Someone mentioned he can refine into dark mysletainn and run the same stuff as Ares.

I mean sure, but there is really no reason to do that when an unmerged Ares has as much attack as a +10 Eldigan. Unlike Eliwood vs Brave Roy, there's really no reason to go with the older man if you're looking at doing the same job.

On 2/6/2020 at 11:50 PM, Faellin said:

Just got a +def -speed Eldigan and wanted to know if theres any special way of building him. IVs look fine since his speed is pretty trash by todays standards.

I would just use him as a Wings of Mercy beacon and formation disrupter with Drag Back on a defense team.

Mystletainn [special]
(Any Assist)
Escutcheon — Pavise
Fury — Darting Blow
Drag Back
(Any C)
Darting Blow — Fury (not yet released)

Between Fury and Darting Blow, it depends on how often units on offense are running Quick Riposte. If they are frequently running Quick Riposte, you might as well try to bulk up and survive the two hits (and then you have to determine when they usually activate their Special and pick the appropriate Special). If enemies do not frequently run Quick Riposte, you can try to win or tie the Spd check so Eldigan does not die.

Melee Bouquet
Res Refinement
(Any Assist)
(Any Special)
Fury
Drag Back
(Any C)
Mirror Strike — Fury (not yet released)

This is an alternative build with Impact built into the Weapon. Since there is less recoil damage available to him, you want to avoid giving him too much Def/Res. He already has enough Def, so I would just put more Res on him so he can avoid being killed in one shot. However, if he does not take enough magic damage though, you may want to consider reducing his magic bulk.

If you want to use him yourself, I would run an Enemy Phase build:

Mystletainn [Def] -- Dark Mystletainn
Reposition -- Swap
Ignis -- Aether (with Dark Mystletainn)
Sturdy Stance (not yet released)
Quick Riposte -- Lull Atk/Def
(Any C) -- Atk Smoke
(Any Sacred Seal that boosts Atk, Def, or Atk/Def) -- Quick Riposte

Edited by XRay

On 2/7/2020 at 2:18 AM, XRay said:

Mirror Impact -- Sturdy Impact

Armor, cavalry, and healers can't inherit Impact passives.

On 2/7/2020 at 2:18 AM, XRay said:

Sturdy Stance (not yet released)

2 or 3? If 2, then Altena, Halloween Dorcas, and legendary Ephraim where Altena and Hallowen Dorcas have it as 4* units. Otherwise, then yes, Sturdy Stance 3 has not been introduced yet.

2 hours ago, Kaden said:

Woops. I will fix that.

2 hours ago, Kaden said:

2 or 3? If 2, then Altena, Halloween Dorcas, and legendary Ephraim where Altena and Hallowen Dorcas have it as 4* units. Otherwise, then yes, Sturdy Stance 3 has not been introduced yet.

Unless I put down a number, I usually refer to the skill's highest theoretical tier, in this case 3. Even if it is not released yet, players can still equip the lower tier and gain some of the benefits.

I recently summoned a Nailah for Null C but I'm not sure what heroes would be good for it. I have B!Ike and Lancina, so the former seems a popular choice for it, but I'd feel a little dirty using it because I so despise seeing it when it's used against me. So who else is a good user? I have a +10 Lyon(with Close Counter)/Fae/Nowi/Tiki available, although I have enough feathers to +10 any low rarity unit I have enough copies of. Any thoughts?

9 minutes ago, TheSilentChloey said:

I pulled Azura (+Hp/-Res and combat manualed immediately), should I merge to rid my current one of her Res bane or not?  Also if no, then who would benefit from her SI?

First... congrats for you Azura.

I will say merge her. OG Azura is pretty useless as fodder. She has Sapphire Lance, Spd+3 and Fortify Res 3, which are skills that you can easily get from others 4* heroes.

2 hours ago, NekoKnight said:

but I'd feel a little dirty using it because I so despise seeing it when it's used against me.

No mercy to those who oppose you.

2 hours ago, NekoKnight said:

So who else is a good user?

Brave Ike is easily one of the best units to use Null C-Disrupt on because he has an excuse to completely pass up on Quick Riposte, either running Aether with Geirskogul support or Bonfire without.

Otherwise, it depends on what enemies you tend to see that run Dazzling Staff or Sweep skills. I'd personally lean towards units running Triangle Adept + Litrraven to completely shut down staff and Firesweep Bow users. Litrwolf users are also an option as they hit a bit harder against Veronica and Lyn, but aren't as bulky and are less effective against Camilla.

1 hour ago, TheSilentChloey said:

I pulled Azura (+Hp/-Res and combat manualed immediately), should I merge to rid my current one of her Res bane or not?  Also if no, then who would benefit from her SI?

Azura's skills are useless. Merge her.