"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

6 minutes ago, Liliesgrace said:

Oh I always thought that Brave weapons were to give super slow units an edge and ability to double when attacking. In what ways does it better Hana's viability?

This:

Just now, MaskedAmpharos said:

There's no 46 x 1.4 anywhere in my calculations. 43 x 1.4 is for Silver Sword+ + Triangle Adept 3. 46 x 1.2 is for Ruby Sword+ + Death Blow. 

Ruby Sword+ has innate Triangle Adept 3.

Edited by Ice Dragon

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

This:

Ruby Sword+ has innate Triangle Adept 3.

I am a complete fool. I apologize to @Arcanite for criticizing them despite not knowing what I was talking about. 

EDIT: In that case, @Liliesgrace, after redoing my calculations: Ruby Sword and Death Blow is better on player phase for damage but worse on enemy phase than Silver Sword and Triangle Adept, so decide based on that. 

Edited by MaskedAmpharos

5 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

Usually, yes. However, there are a very select few units with enough speed to be able to grab a x4 attack with a Brave weapon on most of the cast. Hana is one of them. Neutral speed Hana has 36 spd at 5* level 40, with the -5 spd from Brave Sword getting offset by the +5 spd from Life and Death 3. Even with a Brave Sword+, Hana retains the same spd as the likes of neutral Lucina and Nino, which is amazing. If you manage to slap Desperation onto her and get her into Desperation range (which is easy with Ardent Sacrifice or Reciprocal Aid), you'll be able to instantly attack almost everything in the game 4 times before they can retaliate (and if you're hitting them 4x with that kind of firepower, they shouldn't be able to retaliate). Brave Sword+ and Desperation turns Hana into an absolutely terrifying nuke and gives her more damage potential than almost any other red unit in the game.

Whoa that makes awesome sense and so glad I know this now! I'll check out what natures my Hanas have and see about getting that awesome setup on her.

1 minute ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

I am a complete fool. I apologize to @Arcanite for criticizing them despite not knowing what I was talking about. 

Not a problem lol

You're only human!

Unless you're an alien heh heh.

2 minutes ago, Liliesgrace said:

Whoa that makes awesome sense and so glad I know this now! I'll check out what natures my Hanas have and see about getting that awesome setup on her.

If either of them have +Spd or +Atk that's what you're looking for. If none of them have it then don't waste your time. Just wait for 4-6 summons and if you still don't get one with a better nature then you can say "Screw it" and smack the Yolo button!

4 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Not a problem lol

You're only human!

If either of them have +Spd or +Atk that's what you're looking for. If none of them have it then don't waste your time. Just wait for 4-6 summons and if you still don't get one with a better nature then you can say "Screw it" and smack the Yolo button!

I'd say it's fine as long it isn't -Spd or -Atk. Neutral Spd Hana still doubles quite a lot, and quite frankly no one is surviving 4 attacks from Hana, +Atk or not.

I'm in class now and can't do extensive calculations though. If you wanted to prove that +Atk or +Spd is essential via calcs then feel free. 

6 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Not a problem lol

You're only human!

It seems this was fated. I have a +Spd Hana, an extra 5* Cain, an extra 4* Florina, and an extra 4* Shanna. So that's the Brave Sword+, Ardent Sacrifice, and Desperation.

It seems this was fated. I have a +Spd Hana, an extra 5* Cain, an extra 4* Florina, and an extra 4* Shanna. So that's the Brave Sword+, Ardent Sacrifice, and Desperation.

Oh wow, I'm amazed you had all the pieces ready to go already, but that's awesome! Hope you enjoy your delete button!

Wow that's actually pretty nuts. You just created an abomination.

Congratulations! 

1 minute ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

Oh wow, I'm amazed you had all the pieces ready to go already, but that's awesome! Hope you enjoy your delete button!

I have so many doubles. triples. quadruples. SO. MANY.

Once I learned about skill inheritance coming out I pretty much hung onto anything that had a viable skill.

5 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

I'd say it's fine as long it isn't -Spd or -Atk. Neutral Spd Hana still doubles quite a lot, and quite frankly no one is surviving 4 attacks from Hana, +Atk or not.

I'm in class now and can't do extensive calculations though. If you wanted to prove that +Atk or +Spd is essential via calcs then feel free. 

+Atk Hana gets these notable one-round kills that neutral Hana fails to get:

• neutral defenses Marth
  • neutral defenses Eldigan
  • neutral defenses Karel
  • neutral defenses Selena
  • neutral Robin (M)
  • +Def Takumi

+Spd Hana gets these notable one-round kills that neutral Hana fails to get:

• =Spd Marth
  • +Spd Ogma
  • +Spd Roy
  • =Spd Corrin (M)
  • +Spd Tiki (Mystery)
  • =Spd, neutral defenses Catria
  • +Spd Robin (M)
  • +Def Takumi

+Spd Hana with Hone Spd 3 gets the following additional notable one-round kills:

• +Def Lucina
  • +Spd Marth
  • +Def Eirika
  • +Def Ryoma
  • +Def Lyn
  • Karel
  • +Spd Corrin (M)
  • Selena
  • neutral defenses Catria
  • +Spd Ninian

55 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

+Atk Hana gets these notable one-round kills that neutral Hana fails to get:

• neutral defenses Marth
  • neutral defenses Eldigan
  • neutral defenses Karel
  • neutral defenses Selena
  • neutral Robin (M)
  • +Def Takumi

+Spd Hana gets these notable one-round kills that neutral Hana fails to get:

• =Spd Marth
  • +Spd Ogma
  • +Spd Roy
  • =Spd Corrin (M)
  • +Spd Tiki (Mystery)
  • =Spd, neutral defenses Catria
  • +Spd Robin (M)
  • +Def Takumi

+Spd Hana with Hone Spd 3 gets the following additional notable one-round kills:

• +Def Lucina
  • +Spd Marth
  • +Def Eirika
  • +Def Ryoma
  • +Def Lyn
  • Karel
  • +Spd Corrin (M)
  • Selena
  • neutral defenses Catria
  • +Spd Ninian

Oh wow, good thing @Liliesgrace has a +Spd Hana then. Thanks as always for the calculations!

7 hours ago, Thor Odinson said:

So far she's killed Chrom, Marth, Lucina, Seliph, and a few others I forgot with LoD2 and just Atk/Spd. I think Lucina was just Atk, even. Neutral Atk, +Spd. Usually +Atk/Spd gives something around the ballpark of 25x2. I think I needed to use Rally Def once for Young Tiki because she was 2 HP short.

Sometimes I drag in the +Def to get a clean oneshot on Nowi just for hilarity's sake.

I want to run some calcs to see if maximally buffed Nino can kill Roy, lol

Ryoma's a lost cause though he'll just oneshot her and she wont' get a second hit in

Edit: wow I did not look at timestamps

Hah it's fine I appreciate the input all the same xD TBH I really don't have the team to be running Nino (Olivia is only Atk buffer, Kagero with Hone 2 and Serra with Swiftwind balm are only speed), but she's performed pretty well all the same. I gotta take what I can get lol ;;

Are armor units considered inferior to dragons/manaketes in general with the exception of Effie & Hector? I didn't want to bother upgrading my only 2 armor units since they didn't vialbe& quest involving them looked too difficult

Just now, Zangetsu said:

Are armor units considered inferior to dragons/manaketes in general with the exception of Effie & Hector? I didn't want to bother upgrading my only 2 armor units since they didn't vialbe& quest involving them looked too difficult

Besides Ef-everything and Hector, they all pretty much suck. Drug is meh, and sheena has good resistance but their skills aren't as good as Ef-word or Hectic.

14 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

8 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Besides Ef-everything and Hector, they all pretty much suck. Drug is meh, and sheena has good resistance but their skills aren't as good as Ef-word or Hectic.

With vanilla skills, yes, Draug, Gwendolyn, and Sheena aren't very good.

However, all five of the armors are incredibly powerful if you have the skills to bring out all of their potential. The problem is that one of those skills is Distant Counter, which is currently only available from Hector. If you don't have spare Hectors, and the vast majority of free-to-play and playing players won't, you probably don't need to bother with them unless you want to complete the armor-only missions that occasionally appear for various rewards.

You can, however, run a budget set using Quick Riposte 2 (from 4-star Klein or Subaki), a Killer weapon, and Bonfire (from 4-star Robin (M) or Tiki (Awakening)) that gets you most of the benefits of a full build as long as you can guarantee you won't see any mages. A Silver weapon and Moonbow also works decently well.

Effie and Hector, on the other hand, are great out of the box. Effie has Wary Fighter, Death Blow, and monstrous Atk allowing her to survive one round of almost anything and deal heavy damage on player phase. Hector has Distant Counter as well as Quick Riposte 2 built in on his weapon, giving him high damage output on enemy phase. Both rank among the top for arena effectiveness if you can work around their low mobility.

2 minutes ago, Zero1000 said:

Is a -Def bane on Takumi bad? I got one recently that's +Spd/-Def.

It makes close counter less useful since he's probably gonna die before he has a chance to use it but +Spd is REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEALLY good. So one can say, it ain't the best but it ain't the woist 

18 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

It makes close counter less useful since he's probably gonna die before he has a chance to use it but +Spd is REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEALLY good. So one can say, it ain't the best but it ain't the woist 

Thanks.

I'm also leveling a 3* Lon'qu so I can get him to promote to give Takumi Vantage. Would using gems to get him there be a good option?

Just now, Zero1000 said:

Thanks.

I'm also leveling a 3* Lon'qu so I can get him to promote to give Takumi Vantage. Would using gems to get him there be a good option?

Definitely if you don't want to waste your stamina on leveling someone who's going to die anyway

Currently debating on whether to promote a +spd/-def robin or a +atk/-def reinhardt

The IVs on reinhardt are pretty good, beast mode once I get the brave tome. Robin is a mixed bag, with a super good IV and a terrible one. But on the other hand, I do struggle a little against takumi so it might be an option

My team is still about the same as before. Effie, Eirika, Elise, Sanaki (still no good green units :/ )

5 minutes ago, Argly902 said:

Currently debating on whether to promote a +spd/-def robin or a +atk/-def reinhardt

The IVs on reinhardt are pretty good, beast mode once I get the brave tome. Robin is a mixed bag, with a super good IV and a terrible one. But on the other hand, I do struggle a little against takumi so it might be an option

My team is still about the same as before. Effie, Eirika, Elise, Sanaki (still no good green units :/ )

If it makes you feel any better about Reinhardt: while Robin can tank a hit on enemy phase and hit back, +Atk Reinhardt should be able to OHKO any Takumi (yes, even +HP and +Res) on player phase. 

EDIT: It depends on what your playstyle is. Reinhardt is way better than Robin on player phase but worse on enemy phase.

If you're an offensive player that can selectively delete opponents while staying out of range of the rest of the enemy team, Reinhardt is your man. Even without buffs, he can OHKO just about every non-dragon red in the game, plus Takumi and other archers. 

If, instead, you're a more defensive player who prefers doing baiting enemies during enemy phase and then retaliating, Robin will be better for you. 

If you do decide to go Robin, I would personally recommend Triangle Adept and either Swordbreaker or Lancebreaker (depending on what you need to kill more) to help him ORKO opponents he doesn't normally double. 

Edited by MaskedAmpharos

3 hours ago, Arcanite said:

It can make Vengeance deal more damage, though, so it's not all bad.

I'm currently split on whether to give Roy Moonbow or Escutcheon. I may give him the other later because I have both spare units and will promote him later, but which one should I prioritize?

24 minutes ago, StarBit8 said:

Currently, my team is Sharena, Takumi, and Nino. I'm wondering whether Eldigan or Marth has better synergy with my team. Thoughts?

Depends on Eldigan/Marth's boon/bane, and your play style.  Both can fit, though what you do with your other units will be vastly different.