"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

5 hours ago, XRay said:

That totals to four to five other 5* units you need to also summon, and Hector: Dressed-Up Duo is not guaranteed to be available until around October, which is 6 months away. You also need time to accumulate Grails and Feathers for Kronya, and I recommend at least 7 merges, which totals to 160,000 Feathers and 700 Grails if you already have 4 copies of her. 

So when they release a hero they usually re-release after 6 months? I really want Female Byleth because she's my favourite character.. and maybe Brave Lucina 

Why 7 and not 10 on Kronya? 

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, Steilison said:

So when they release a hero they usually re-release after 6 months? I really want Female Byleth because she's my favourite character.. and maybe Brave Lucina 

Limited Heroes are guaranteed to be re-released every year at roughly the same time as their original banner. Halloween Hector was originally available on last year's Halloween banner, so the next time he's guaranteed to return would be Halloween this year. However, it is also possible for him to appear on another banner, such as a Legendary/Mythic Hero banner or a Double Special Heroes banner, before then, but that's not guaranteed.

The reason he said "6 months away" is because the Halloween banner is in October, and October is 6 months from now.

There is no guarantee for when non-limited Heroes are re-released. There have been some units (like Luke) who didn't have a banner for over a year after their release and others that have a banner only a month or two afterwards.

Kronya's most important stat is Atk.

She gains points of Atk on her first, second, fourth, seventh, and ninth merges. He's recommending a minimum of 7 merges to get the fourth point of Atk because the number of Grails needed to get from 7 merges to 9 merges is expensive just to get 1 more point. Assuming you got all 3 copies of Kronya from her Grand Hero Battle maps and the 1 copy of Kronya from her rerun quest, you need 700 Grails to get the 4 copies to reach 7 merges, but 650 Grails to get the 2 copies to reach 9 merges, and the 400 Grails needed to get the last copy for 10 merges doesn't give her a point of Atk.

Edited by Ice Dragon

So when they release a hero they usually re-release after 6 months?

Hector: Dressed-Up Duo is a Special Hero. Special Hero Foci gets re-released once a year.

I really want Female Byleth because she's my favourite character.. and maybe Brave Lucina

Any unit released during Book II and after have no re-release schedule as Focus units. The only exception to that are Heroes from Choose Your Legends events, and they get re-released as Focus units annually like Special Heroes.

Book I units are re-released via Summoning Revival Foci on a 20 week cycle.

I recommend AT LEAST 7 merges. If you can afford 10, give her 10 merges.

ahh!!~ thanks guys!

Im currently saving for divine dew for my first weapon refine. It says that you get Divine Dew when you used your refinery stone through upgrading. So my question is what weapon do you refine using refinery stone since the weapon that use refinery stone are mostly weak and it cost a lot of gold coins

Edited by Steilison

With Python being dropped to the 3 star pool, I am very tempted to merge him up eventually since he is a favorite of mine from echoes. But at the same time my +8 Rath with a bunch of high investment fodder says I won't find to much of a use for Python in this case.

So my question is, do those 2 have a big enough difference in stats that allows different build paths? I already have Rath setup as a dedicated nuke with fury 4, ruptured sky, and desperation.

As for the "use your favorites" scenario. Both are favorites of mine from their respective games.

Edited by Faellin

13 minutes ago, Faellin said:

So my question is, do those 2 have a big enough difference in stats that allows different build paths? I already have Rath setup as a dedicated nuke with fury 4, ruptured sky, and desperation.

Just because different build paths want different stat distributions does not mean all build paths want different stat distributions. Lots of build paths want the same type of stat distribution. Desperation nukes and Firesweepers want the same stat distribution. Counter-Vantage units, slow Brave nukes, Blazing nukes, etc. also want the same stat distribution.

There are three paths an archer can take: fast Brave, slow Brave, or Firesweep. Rath can do fast Brave or Firesweep; he can do slow Brave, but that is a waste of his Spd stat. Since Rath is slightly offensively better, he should be running Brave Bow since that route is more stat dependent than Firesweep Bow. Python can take Firesweep.

A fast Brave build is highly dependent on having high Atk/Spd and the Special Luna, so Fury and Ruptured Sky are kind of a waste on Rath. While you can make Fury work on a fast Brave build, I recommend Life and Death 3 or something equivalent or better.

Rath
+Atk
Brave Bow
Reposition
Luna
(Any A that boosts Atk/Spd)
Desperation
(Any C) — Def Smoke — Savage Blow
Brazen Atk/Spd

Python
+Atk/Spd
Firesweep Bow
Reposition
Moonbow — Luna
Poison Strike — Lull Spd/Def
(Any C) — Def Smoke — Savage Blow
Poison Strike — Savage Blow
I personally lean towards +Atk, but either nature is fine.

33 minutes ago, TheSilentChloey said:

I pulled a +Spd/-Def Keaton.  Not ideal by any stretch I'm leaning towards giving Lucina Special Spiral for Moonbow activation.  Yay or Nay?

I recommend giving it to a unit with an exclusive Slaying Weapon as they can make a better use of it as a Blazing nuke, preferably a ranged unit like Ophelia or Lysithea.

If you plan on giving it to Lucina anyways, then I recommend giving her Slaying Edge and Blazing Wind to pair with Special Spiral. If you have Blazing Light, that would also be good to inherit as well so you have more area patterns to choose from.

Edited by XRay

So I caved and got a few new units...

Most notable a -HP/+Spd Brave Camilla.  I have the Neutral 5 star version fully leveled up, and my question is do I fodder this new one for Wrathful Staff or do I keep her around as a base?  I'm thinking my Lissa that I'm building will appreciate Wrathful Staff 3 or the Dazzling Staff 3 fodder I have, so I am not 100% sure.

Also with Legendary Tiki does she want to be +Spd?  I summoned one with the same IV spread as the above Brave Camilla.

22 minutes ago, TheSilentChloey said:

Most notable a -HP/+Spd Brave Camilla.  I have the Neutral 5 star version fully leveled up, and my question is do I fodder this new one for Wrathful Staff or do I keep her around as a base?  I'm thinking my Lissa that I'm building will appreciate Wrathful Staff 3 or the Dazzling Staff 3 fodder I have, so I am not 100% sure.

I recommend keeping the neutral 5* one for guides in case you ever need it, and keep that unmerged and unFlowered.

For the +Spd one, you can keep it or fodder it. She is probably the best raw damage nuke out of all the staff units, but I do not like to using them since they are more of a hassle to use compared to other nukes as they do not have access to Reposition.

For foddering, I recommend a staff unit with a more offensive stat line so you can pass on Atk/Spd Push 4 along with Wrathful Staff. If you do not have any other staff units you like with a better offensive stat line, I guess Lissa is fine as an offensive unit, but she will not be great in that role.

With Lissa's statline, I think she is better off as an emergency tank rather than as a nuke due to her high bulk and low Atk/Spd. I think something like the following may suit her better:

Spoiler

+Def/Res
(Any Weapon)
Dazzling Staff Refinement
Restore — Physic
Miracle
Fort. Def/Res
Guard
(Any C)
Fortress Res — Fortress Def

For something more support oriented:

Spoiler

+Res
(Any Weapon)
Restore — Physic
Miracle
Fort. Def/Res
(Any Chill) — (Any Sabotage)
(Any C)
Fortress Res — (Any Chill)

+HP
(Any Weapon) — Pain — Panic
Restore — Physic
Miracle
HP+5
Sudden Panic
(Any C) — Savage Blow
HP+5

She should be okay as a Firesweep nuke if you do not mind battles in Arena Assault taking longer than usual. It is doable, but it is not ideal as it needlessly drags on a battle. Dragging on a battle also is not a good idea in general as it opens up more opportunity for mistakes, so you generally want battles to go as quickly as possible. 

Spoiler

+Atk
Pain — Gravity
Dazzling Staff Refinement — Wrathful Staff
Reconcile
(Any Special)
Atk/Spd Push 4
Wrathful Staff — Dazzling Staff
Savage Blow
Renewal — Attack+3

You will need to run Renewal if Lissa does not have enough damaged teammates to heal.

1 hour ago, XRay said:

I recommend keeping the neutral 5* one for guides in case you ever need it, and keep that unmerged and unFlowered.

For the +Spd one, you can keep it or fodder it. She is probably the best raw damage nuke out of all the staff units, but I do not like to using them since they are more of a hassle to use compared to other nukes as they do not have access to Reposition.

For foddering, I recommend a staff unit with a more offensive stat line so you can pass on Atk/Spd Push 4 along with Wrathful Staff. If you do not have any other staff units you like with a better offensive stat line, I guess Lissa is fine as an offensive unit, but she will not be great in that role.

With Lissa's statline, I think she is better off as an emergency tank rather than as a nuke due to her high bulk and low Atk/Spd. I think something like the following may suit her better:

Reveal hidden contents

+Def/Res
(Any Weapon)
Restore — Physic
Miracle
Fort. Def/Res
Guard
(Any C)
Fortress Res — Fortress Def

For something more support oriented:

Reveal hidden contents

+Res
(Any Weapon)
Restore — Physic
Miracle
Fort. Def/Res
(Any Chill) — (Any Sabotage)
(Any C)
Fortress Res — (Any Chill)

+HP
(Any Weapon) — Pain — Panic
Restore — Physic
Miracle
HP+5
Sudden Panic
(Any C) — Savage Blow
HP+5

She should be okay as a Firesweep nuke if you do not mind battles in Arena Assault taking longer than usual. It is doable, but it is not ideal as it needlessly drags on a battle. Dragging on a battle also is not a good idea in general as it opens up more opportunity for mistakes, so you generally want battles to go as quickly as possible. 

Reveal hidden contents

+Atk
Pain — Gravity
Dazzling Staff Refinement — Wrathful Staff
Reconcile
(Any Special)
Atk/Spd Push 4
Wrathful Staff — Dazzling Staff
Savage Blow
Renewal — Attack+3

You will need to run Renewal if Lissa does not have enough damaged teammates to heal.

I've got a +Atk Lissa fyi, so that's why I asked.  Otherwise there aren't any healers aside from Brave Veronica that I actually use.

37 minutes ago, TheSilentChloey said:

I've got a +Atk Lissa fyi, so that's why I asked.  Otherwise there aren't any healers aside from Brave Veronica that I actually use.

+Atk Lissa only has 30 attack. It’s less than a neutral Lucius/Lachesis/Brady/Mercedes, and they’re all common enough that you should get an +atk version eventually. I wouldn’t give Lissa Wrathful Staff outside of favouritism (of course, there’s nothing wrong with that)

9 minutes ago, Baldrick said:

+Atk Lissa only has 30 attack. It’s less than a neutral Lucius/Lachesis/Brady/Mercedes, and they’re all common enough that you should get an +atk version eventually. I wouldn’t give Lissa Wrathful Staff outside of favouritism (of course, there’s nothing wrong with that)

Favouritism is pretty much the main reason she sees use lol.

1 hour ago, TheSilentChloey said:

Should be fine then. Battles would most likely take longer than usual, but it should not be that bad. Just be a little extra careful though, since the longer the battle goes on, the more likely for fingers to slip. Just make sure you pass on Atk/Spd Push with the Wrathful Staff, cause you do not want battles to drag on too much.

4 hours ago, TheSilentChloey said:

Also with Legendary Tiki does she want to be +Spd?  I summoned one with the same IV spread as the above Brave Camilla.

+Spd is optimal if you're going to switch her B skill to Special Fighter.

With her default Bold Fighter, it's a toss-up between +Atk or +Spd. +Atk makes her hit harder, but +Spd helps her avoid doubles and makes it harder to stop her with Wary Fighter or Null Follow-Up.

4 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

+Spd is optimal if you're going to switch her B skill to Special Fighter.

With her default Bold Fighter, it's a toss-up between +Atk or +Spd. +Atk makes her hit harder, but +Spd helps her avoid doubles and makes it harder to stop her with Wary Fighter or Null Follow-Up.

It's a bit of a difficult choice too but for now I'll play around and see what she's like before I start going IV fishing.

So I managed to get my hands on Thrasir, Fell vessel Robin and two copies of Alm when it comes to legendary heroes during the recent event. 

What is a good way to build than that won't be overly expensive? I am especially interested in Fell Vessel Robin as she seems to be such a cool character. This fell vessel of a bonus to HP and a penalty to speed. Thrasir has a bonus to attack and a penalty to speed, have these feelings speed penalty isn't ideal in this case. Alm. Both Alms has a bonus to defence and a penalty to resistance. Might negate the penalty with a merge

Should I merge the two Alms or keep him around for skill inheritance? 

Edit. Also, cancel affinity seemed amazing until I realised it was on a collarless unit. Is there any point in having it on Fell Vessel Robin?

Edited by Darkmoon6789

1 hour ago, Darkmoon6789 said:

What is a good way to build than that won't be overly expensive? I am especially interested in Fell Vessel Robin as she seems to be such a cool character. This fell vessel of a bonus to HP and a penalty to speed.

She really needs a merge, as that -Spd is not very good for tanking. You ideally want +Spd. You can still use her as a super tank during her bonus season, but she will be vulnerable to fast nukes until you can fix that Spd Flaw. While she is not as vulnerable to bows compared to other fliers, she is still handicapped by her inability to run Lulls, the best skill for shutting down enemy buffs.
+Spd
Expiration
Moonbow
Reposition
Dragon Skin
Guard
Atk Smoke
Swift Stance

If you have more resources, I recommend the following build instead.
+Spd
Lightning Breath
Spd Refinement — Def Refinement — Res Refinement
Reposition
Moonbow
Steady Posture — Swift Stance (tier 3 not out yet)
Dull Range
Panic Smoke — Pulse Smoke
Iote's Shield
Try to keep her Def/Res balanced.

Thrasir has a bonus to attack and a penalty to speed, have these feelings speed penalty isn't ideal in this case.

Similar to above, you really want a merge to get rid of that Flaw as soon as possible. You can keep her base kit as is, just give her Reposition on her Assist, and give her Swift Sparrow Sacred Seal. I also recommend switching out Panic Smoke for Savage Blow.
+Spd
Ífingr
Reposition
Moonbow
Flashing Blade
Killing Intent
Savage Blow
Swift Sparrow

I recommend giving her a Blade tome for more reliable power:
+Spd
Gronnblade
Reposition
Moonbow
Killing Intent
Savage Blow
Swift Sparrow

Alm. Both Alms has a bonus to defence and a penalty to resistance. Might negate the penalty with a merge

The Flaw is not a huge deal in this case. However, I advise against merging him until you have more copies.

SK!Alm has 40 HP at +0+0, and any merges or Dragonflowers will bump up his HP, which is not a good thing. While you can generally rely on Bolt Traps to get most of your units into Desperation range, there are a minor number of level 1 Bolt Traps that will not take a unit into Desperation range if a unit has 41 HP or more. While these Bolt Traps are a minority, they appear often enough in my opinion to pose a significant challenge for Player Phase teams that rely on Desperation.

I recommend keeping him at merge+0 until you have enough copies to get him straight to merge+4. In my opinion, merge+4's Atk/Spd+2 should be significant enough to offset the hassle of going above 40 HP. Alternatively, merge+2 and Dragonflower+3 would also provide the same Atk/Spd+2.

+Spd
Lunar Arc
Reposition
Lunar Flash
Desperation
(Any C)
(Any Sacred Seal that boosts Atk/Spd)

Edit. Also, cancel affinity seemed amazing until I realised it was on a collarless unit. Is there any point in having it on Fell Vessel Robin?

Yes, to avoid Raven mages from annihilating her. However, they do not appear as often anymore, so I would not worry about Raven mages and just run something else.

Edited by XRay

54 minutes ago, XRay said:

She really needs a merge, as that -Spd is not very good for tanking. You ideally want +Spd. You can still use her a supertank, but she will be more vulnerable to fast nukes until you can fix that Spd Flaw. While she is not as vulnerable to bows as a flier, she is still handicapped by her inability to run Lulls, the best skill for shutting down enemy buffs.
+Spd
Expiration
Moonbow
Reposition
Dragon Skin
Guard
Atk Smoke
Swift Stance

If you have more resources, I recommend the following build instead.
+Spd
Lightning Breath
Spd Refinement — Def Refinement — Res Refinement
Reposition
Moonbow
Steady Posture — Swift Stance (tier 3 not out yet)
Dull Range
Panic Smoke — Pulse Smoke
Iote's Shield
Try to keep her Def/Res balanced.

Similar to above, you really want a merge to get rid of that Flaw as soon as possible. You can keep her base kit as is, just give her Reposition on her Assist, and give her Swift Sparrow Sacred Seal. I also recommend switching out Panic Smoke for Savage Blow.
+Spd
Ífingr
Reposition
Moonbow
Flashing Blade
Killing Intent
Savage Blow
Swift Sparrow

I recommend giving her a Blade tome for more reliable power:
+Spd
Gronnblade
Reposition
Moonbow
Killing Intent
Savage Blow
Swift Sparrow

The Flaw is not a huge deal in this case. However, I advise against merging him until you have more copies.

SK!Alm has 40 HP at +0+0, and any merges or Dragonflowers will bump up his HP, which is not a good thing. While you can generally rely on Bolt Traps to get most of your units into Desperation range, there are a minor number of level 1 Bolt Traps that will not take a unit into Desperation range if a unit has 41 HP or more. While these Bolt Traps are a minority, they appear often enough in my opinion to pose a significant challenge for Player Phase teams that rely on Desperation.

I recommend keeping him at merge+0 until you have enough copies to get him straight to merge+4. In my opinion, merge+4's Atk/Spd+2 should be significant enough to offset the hassle of going above 40 HP. Alternatively, merge+2 and Dragonflower+3 would also provide the same Atk/Spd+2.

+Spd
Lunar Arc
Reposition
Lunar Flash
Desperation
(Any C)
(Any Sacred Seal that boosts Atk/Spd)

Thanks, I will do my best to use this advice. Though I usually have trouble getting multiple copies of legendary heroes such as these. spent 50 dollars just to get one copy of Fell Vessel Robin, it is fairly unlikely I will never get another before the end of the event. I don't think they have great odds to show up normally. I also only managed to get one Edelgard and don't think it is very likely I will see another any time soon.

Maybe I should try to stockpile earned orbs instead of using them so quickly. 

Edit. 

I can get my hands on Guard, but not Attack Smoke (without sacrificing my build of the Flame Emperor). Further, any alternatives that could be used instead of Attack Smoke? 

I was wondering though, would Wary Fighter help negate the speed penalty for Fell Vessel Robin? If so would it be more useful than guard? But I guess negating enemy special cooldown is pretty good

Edited by Darkmoon6789

2 hours ago, Darkmoon6789 said:

Thanks, I will do my best to use this advice. Though I usually have trouble getting multiple copies of legendary heroes such as these. spent 50 dollars just to get one copy of Fell Vessel Robin, it is fairly unlikely I will never get another before the end of the event. I don't think they have great odds to show up normally. I also only managed to get one Edelgard and don't think it is very likely I will see another any time soon.

Maybe I should try to stockpile earned orbs instead of using them so quickly. 

Edit. 

I can get my hands on Guard, but not Attack Smoke (without sacrificing my build of the Flame Emperor). Further, any alternatives that could be used instead of Attack Smoke? 

I was wondering though, would Wary Fighter help negate the speed penalty for Fell Vessel Robin? If so would it be more useful than guard? But I guess negating enemy special cooldown is pretty good

Wary fighter is an armour exclusive skill, so she won't be able to inherit it.

What I do recommend is to run her native Res Smoke (which is conveniently glossed over by @XRay) as it will help her secure more kills, though since Suzukaze is in the 3-4 star pool getting him shouldn't be too difficult.

Also do not run lightning breath.  It slows down her specials far too much thb and not worth the refine, even if she gets boosted stats, you're better off using dragonflowers and having more reliable specials (e.g 2 cooldown for Moonbow for example with Expiration vs 3 cooldown with Lightning Breath just not worth it) than having the extra hastle of trying to get her to have specials happening in every round of combat.  I should know since I actually use Female Grima a lot and her male counterpart even more so and the two couldn't be more different aside from their weapons of choice.

She will be better with merges though, so if you can I would certainly look into it.

Edited by TheSilentChloey

28 minutes ago, TheSilentChloey said:

Wary fighter is an armour exclusive skill, so she won't be able to inherit it.

What I do recommend is to run her native Res Smoke (which is conveniently glossed over by @XRay) as it will help her secure more kills, though since Suzukaze is in the 3-4 star pool getting him shouldn't be too difficult.

Also do not run lightning breath.  It slows down her specials far too much thb and not worth the refine, even if she gets boosted stats, you're better off using dragonflowers and having more reliable specials (e.g 2 cooldown for Moonbow for example with Expiration vs 3 cooldown with Lightning Breath just not worth it) than having the extra hastle of trying to get her to have specials happening in every round of combat.  I should know since I actually use Female Grima a lot and her male counterpart even more so and the two couldn't be more different aside from their weapons of choice.

She will be better with merges though, so if you can I would certainly look into it.

Yes, res smoke does seem quite good. I am also considering if quick riposte would be good, considering that speed penalty and I find it unlikely I will get a merge any time soon. But maybe guard is better? 

I have found that guaranteed follow-up attacks are quite good.

Speaking of the Flame Emperor, I am currently running them with guard axe+, swap, ignis, bracing stance 3 and quick rispote 2 and attack smoke 3. Does this work? Should I replace Ignis with something with less cooldown? I should also try to get quick ripsote 3 on them. What seal would work with this? The Flame Emperor is obviously an enemy phase unit

9 minutes ago, Darkmoon6789 said:

Yes, res smoke does seem quite good. I am also considering if quick riposte would be good, considering that speed penalty and I find it unlikely I will get a merge any time soon. But maybe guard is better? 

I have found that guaranteed follow-up attacks are quite good.

Speaking of the Flame Emperor, I am currently running them with guard axe+, swap, ignis, bracing stance 3 and quick rispote 2 and attack smoke 3. Does this work? Should I replace Ignis with something with less cooldown? I should also try to get quick ripsote 3 on them. What seal would work with this? The Flame Emperor is obviously an enemy phase unit

Flame Emperor is a tank, so the higher special cooldown isn't a problem.  Alternatively you could give them Vengeful Fighter when you get it as it is the armoured version of QR and with better HP thresholds.  Otherwise they seem pretty good to me as an enemy phase tank which they are meant to be.

Eta: Female Grima is not really meant to be an enemy phase tank which is why I said don't go with Lightning Breath.  She's more a Player Phase unit I've found.

39 minutes ago, TheSilentChloey said:

Flame Emperor is a tank, so the higher special cooldown isn't a problem.  Alternatively you could give them Vengeful Fighter when you get it as it is the armoured version of QR and with better HP thresholds.  Otherwise they seem pretty good to me as an enemy phase tank which they are meant to be.

Eta: Female Grima is not really meant to be an enemy phase tank which is why I said don't go with Lightning Breath.  She's more a Player Phase unit I've found.

I was originally thinking ignis as the flame member has a ridiculous defence, so it does quite a bit of damage. 

So what would you suggest in order to make female Grima into a better player phase unit? I need something on the b slot as they think her basic one doesn't really have any impact given being colorless and Raven mage units being rare. I also seek a way to mitigate that speed penalty or build it in a way where it doesn't matter as much.

I should also probably address that I use Veronica grave princess on basically every team as she is the best healer I have. I have mainly been using her with her basic skills, but is there any improvements that can be made? She is pretty much my most frequently used unit.

Edited by Darkmoon6789

I was originally thinking ignis as the flame member has a ridiculous defence, so it does quite a bit of damage. 

So what would you suggest in order to make female Grima into a better player phase unit? I need something on the b slot as they think her basic one doesn't really have any impact given being colorless and Raven mage units being rare. I also seek a way to mitigate that speed penalty or build it in a way where it doesn't matter as much.

I should also probably address that I use Veronica grave princess on basically every team as she is the best healer I have. I have mainly been using her with her basic skills, but is there any improvements that can be made? She is pretty much my most frequently used unit.

I'd say desperation, since she can inherit it, dragons don't have any brave weapons (which is probably a good thing) but other B skills she could make use of depend on her build.

As an example I have this video here comparing male and female Grima:

Her build is more geared to Player Phase.  You could also give her renewal but I don't find it very useful.  Bare in mind both of them have max dragonflowers as well which is expensive.

Eta:

You could also have her run Chill Speed if you've got the fodder for it, -7 speed to the enemy could help her case to out speed certain threats.