"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

On 4/15/2020 at 3:49 PM, Rinco said:

So, I'm building a Silvia for AR Defense IP team. I'm in doubt about what weapon to use on her. I'm between Armorsmasher or Firesweep, pending more to the second one. Is it the best choice?
Also, what A Skill should she use? And which Seal to carry?
B Slot is on WoM, C Slot is IP, Special is Moonbow. 

Something to consider, though it might not be a major thing: Any combat where she can deal at least 5 damage in combat (includes doubles, but doesn't factor specials, damage reduction skills, or if she'll die first) will have her AI attack instead of Dance, so a weapon that isn't as powerful might be more ideal to your setup. Armorsmasher is worth considering for sure, but it may give some teams an edge if it pushes her damage output over 5 HP.  With that in mind, I personally think her best weapon is something that makes her harder to kill like her default Barrier Blade.

I also think Fortress skills are good for her A/seal since they'll lower her Atk further, though some people also prefer HP+ to prevent Bridal Fjorm from stopping her.

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

59 minutes ago, Johann said:

Something to consider, though it might not be a major thing: Any combat where she can deal at least 5 damage in combat (includes doubles, but doesn't factor specials, damage reduction skills, or if she'll die first) will have her AI attack instead of Dance, so a weapon that isn't as powerful might be more ideal to your setup. Armorsmasher is worth considering for sure, but it may give some teams an edge if it pushes her damage output over 5 HP.  With that in mind, I personally think her best weapon is something that makes her harder to kill like her default Barrier Blade.

I also think Fortress skills are good for her A/seal since they'll lower her Atk further, though some people also prefer HP+ to prevent Bridal Fjorm from stopping her.

These are some good points to consider. I'll probably give the team a try next week, even tho Silvia will be +0 and Iago will be only at +2. Kagero is ready, at least. I'll try to have her overlap range with Duma and Thrasir with a Rally Trap. I'll post the setup on the AR thread on the weekend, probably.

On 4/16/2020 at 3:15 PM, Johann said:

@Rinco

One thing to note is that the Armorsmasher has the same Mt as all other refinable inheritable weapons, so the only time when it'll be doing more damage than something else is when it has its effective damage active. Depending on how often you see non-blue armors used as tanks and whether you can have her Special pre-charged for an attempt at a one-hit kill, it might still be worthwhile to use the Armorsmasher to jump in and get a surprise kill, even if it costs you your dancer after that turn.

If you really don't want your dancer to attack ever and you can afford to lose 5 HP, there's always the option of equipping no weapon at all, but that is also abusable in its own way (and I personally find it less threatening).

Edited by Ice Dragon

1 hour ago, TheSilentChloey said:

So I just realised that I made a mistake about Dancer Berkut and he's minus speed, is he still going to be okay or is the bane a deal breaker?

If you plan to use him have do some minor combat, -Spd is really good on slow tanks. It helps them get doubled more so they can trigger a stronger Special more reliably.

While I can say for certain that Player Phase units should avoid having the first few merges if it helps them maintain less than 40 HP, for slow Enemy Phase units, I am not sure the increase in bulk is worth the trade off in losing -Spd. I assume the increase in bulk is generally worth it, since if your slow tank fails to kill another slow unit since Bonfire/Iceberg does not trigger against slow enemies who cannot double your tank, you can always have your slow tank just kill the slow unit on Player Phase with the charged Special.

If you plan to have him just be a pure support unit, nature does not matter. Unless your support needs a stat to do something, like HP for Sudden Panic or Res for Sabotages, the nature simply does not matter in most cases.

14 minutes ago, Dylan Corona said:

What's the beat A!Tiki build for Defense? I'm trying to build one, since I have a few of her. 

I do not think she is great for defense. Melee combat units are pretty bad in general for defense. The only exceptions I can think of are cavalry Galeforcers, flying beast Galeforcers, and Firesweep-Drag Back/Lunge cavalry. BH!Ike with Close Call/Repel and at least 2 Yunes might also be good for stalling.

Are these new units seasonals or are they going into the Summoning Pool?

Special Heroes are always available temporarily and are not added into the normal pool.

If you look at the YouTube video trailer, if it says "New Heroes" in the front, that means all the units will get added into the pool, except for any Duo Heroes.

If the trailer says "Special Heroes" in the front, then that means none of the units will be added into the normal pool.

Planning on making Travant my next grail merge project, already at +3. And was wondering how this build sounds: My plan is to have him take 0 damage from pretty much any physical hits so he can maintain QR hp range permanently.

A: Distant counter / close foil

B: Quick riposte 3

C Atk smoke 3

Seal: Iotes shield

Vanguard+

My question is, I have both fodder options ready for distant counter and close foil. The Rinkah I have ready is +atk -res which seems to good to fodder off, and she is one of the few characters I liked from fates. But at the same time I have far to many bulky ax infantry ready and I doubt i'll ever see much use for her. So should I fodder her off for Travant in this case?

Edited by Faellin

21 minutes ago, Faellin said:

Planning on making Travant my next grail merge project, already at +3. And was wondering how this build sounds:

A: Distant counter / close foil

B: Quick riposte 3

C Atk smoke 3

Seal: Iotes shield

Vanguard+

Depends on the mode, but it looks good. Make sure to run Bonfire. I personally lean towards Distant Foil since his Res is kind of crap. Here are some alternative skills to consider if you want to deck him out more.
Vanguard — Slaying Lance
Def Refinement
Reposition
Bonfire — Ignis (with Slaying Lance) — Moonbow (if enemies are too slow)
Distant Foil
Quick Riposte
Atk Smoke — Panic Smoke — Pulse Smoke
Iote's Shield

I do not recommend bringing Travant to Aether Raids though, since it feels like half the archers I see are SK!Alms, and he will murder slow Def tanks. If you still want to bring him to Aether Raids, I would forgo any form of Distant Counter and stick with a melee focused builds:

Melee Def Tank:
Vanguard — Slaying Lance
Def Refinement
Reposition
Sturdy Stance
Dull Close — Quick Riposte
Quick Riposte — Sturdy Stance

Melee Mixed Tank:
Barrier Lance — Slaying Lance
Res Refinement
Reposition
Mirror Stance — Close Def (tier 4 not out yet)
Dull Close — Quick Riposte — Guard (with Close Def 4 and Quick Riposte)
Quick Riposte — Mirror Stance

21 minutes ago, Faellin said:

My question is, I have both fodder options ready for distant counter and close foil. The Rinkah I have ready is +atk -res which seems to good to fodder off, and she is one of the few characters I liked from fates. But at the same time I have far to many bulky ax infantry ready and I doubt i'll ever see much use for her. So should I fodder her off for Travant in this case?

In that case, I would not fodder her then. If you do not want another axe tank, Rinkah can run a Player Phase skill set due to her high Spd, and she is well suited for Galeforce. She is pretty similar to Raven.

Edited by XRay

43 minutes ago, Steilison said:

Concerning the  April Legendary Banner, does IS confirm what hero shows up or they are all speculations that I see, ie on red its Ryoma & Hyrid.

The ones shown in the speculation thread? The ones at the top of the image are confirmed, the ones at the bottom are guesses.

(That said, they've been known to change previously confirmed units, but only a few times over the past year)

4 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

The ones shown in the speculation thread? The ones at the top of the image are confirmed, the ones at the bottom are guesses.

(That said, they've been known to change previously confirmed units, but only a few times over the past year)

yes, so IS is the one who confirmed those heroes?

Edited by Steilison

35 minutes ago, Steilison said:

yes, so IS is the one who confirmed those heroes?

Yes, every time a Legendary/Mythic banner is released, the in-game notification tells you when the next time each of that month's Legendary/Mythic heroes will re-appear. For example, this is last month's notification: https://feheroes.gamepedia.com/Mythic_Hero_Summoning_Event_-_Bramimond:_The_Enigma_(Notification)

The text is a little hidden, you have to tap "More" then tap "Notes on this summoning event".

2 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

Yes, every time a Legendary/Mythic banner is released, the in-game notification tells you when the next time each of that month's Legendary/Mythic heroes will re-appear. For example, this is last month's notification: https://feheroes.gamepedia.com/Mythic_Hero_Summoning_Event_-_Bramimond:_The_Enigma_(Notification)

The text is a little hidden, you have to tap "More" then tap "Notes on this summoning event".

thank you! 

I pulled a neutral Lysithea.  How good is she with just her basekit and what SI will she need if the basekit isn't enough.  Mind you I don't intend to break the bank so she might just go to the level forty convo and be fodder for someone who needs her skills (likely Lucy since I have said any off focus units are hers).

32 minutes ago, TheSilentChloey said:

I pulled a neutral Lysithea.  How good is she with just her basekit and what SI will she need if the basekit isn't enough.  Mind you I don't intend to break the bank so she might just go to the level forty convo and be fodder for someone who needs her skills (likely Lucy since I have said any off focus units are hers).

She is pretty good with her base kit. But if you want her to shine, she would really appreciate Special Spiral as a Blazing nuke. She is basically red Ophelia.
Hades Ω
Reposition
Blazing Wind — Blazing Light
Life and Death
Special Spiral
(Any C) — Savage Blow
Hardy Bearing

If you want to fodder her to Lucina, I would prioritize Time's Pulse over anything else since other skills are not suited for Lucina. Death Blow is better on slow Brave units, and Lull Spd/Res is for mages with Desperation on their Weapon (off the top of my head, I think it is just Lewyn and anyone with Juicy Wave). Since you still have a skill slot left over to inherit after Time's Pulse, I would go with Death Blow over Lull Spd/Res since Death Blow is a bit more applicable.

I recommend keeping Lysithea since she is powerful even with low merges and just her base kit.

Edited by XRay

25 minutes ago, TheSilentChloey said:

Lysithea's base kit is literally built for her specifically. In an ideal world she won't need her already high Speed because she has +4 Atk from initiating, +6 Atk from having a ready Special (hi Times Pulse!), +8 from Death Blow 4, and on top of all that she ignores enemy Spd and Res buffs AND lowers them by 3. Hell, if you wanna be beyond overkill you can swap out Moonbow with Glimmer, cause off of 41 base Atk she will be doing a LOT of damage in just one attack.

So... she doesn't really need "building", just an Assist to fill out her slots. But I'd say do NOT SI her. We don't know when she will be next featured on a banner, and having Neutral is perfectly fine for her needs. She can legit kill Brave Ike in the two hits afforded to her if her Atk is high enough, and he is the paragon of tanks right now.

@XRay Does Hades extra attack buff trigger off AoE Specials? Since the special is used BEFORE combat, wouldn't that negate the buff DURING combat? Skills like DB already don't do anything for AoE specials, and I imagine the rest of Hades doesn't do anything with AoE specials.

5 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

@XRay Does Hades extra attack buff trigger off AoE Specials? Since the special is used BEFORE combat, wouldn't that negate the buff DURING combat? Skills like DB already don't do anything for AoE specials, and I imagine the rest of Hades doesn't do anything with AoE specials.

Hades Ω's other effects besides cooldown acceleration does not work with area Specials sadly. However, it is not really a huge loss due to how bonkers Blazing Specials are. If resources are tight, Lysithea's base kit will be fine. If the player can splurge though, Blazing setup is even more powerful.

Edited by XRay

6 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

Lysithea's base kit is literally built for her specifically. In an ideal world she won't need her already high Speed because she has +4 Atk from initiating, +6 Atk from having a ready Special (hi Times Pulse!), +8 from Death Blow 4, and on top of all that she ignores enemy Spd and Res buffs AND lowers them by 3. Hell, if you wanna be beyond overkill you can swap out Moonbow with Glimmer, cause off of 41 base Atk she will be doing a LOT of damage in just one attack.

So... she doesn't really need "building", just an Assist to fill out her slots. But I'd say do NOT SI her. We don't know when she will be next featured on a banner, and having Neutral is perfectly fine for her needs. She can legit kill Brave Ike in the two hits afforded to her if her Atk is high enough, and he is the paragon of tanks right now.

I'm not really a fan of her, so she's definitely not going to see much feasible use.  A bit like the Hilda I summoned and used as SI for Masked Marth giving her Null Follow Up 3.  It's a similar situation to be sure.

I'm not really a fan of her, so she's definitely not going to see much feasible use.  A bit like the Hilda I summoned and used as SI for Masked Marth giving her Null Follow Up 3.  It's a similar situation to be sure.

Yeah... I'm still gonna say don't SI her. Unless you have a bloated Barracks with more than a few answers to units like Brave Ike (and units with those speed-based damage reduction skills, thinking on it), you have no reason to do that for a skill that honestly isn't that necessary on Brave Lucina (as Xray talks about)

And I'd say it really isn't that similar. Hilda is mixed support/offense, but she doesn't necessarily do anything that different from other fast/strong Axe units, at least besides having higher raw stats and more buffs under her belt, so missing her isn't as big a deal as it could have been. Lysithea meanwhile can only be compared to a select few Red tomes and a select few other Tomes overall, and right now she is among the best of her craft.

I'm speaking from personal insight here, not being a fan of a certain unit shouldn't get in the way of still being able to use them. There's a lot of units I don't particularly like, but I still use them when I know they'll be of use. And not having a unit you know could have been of use can and will sting. If you really are set on not needing Lysithea then I guess don't let us stop ya, but... well, she really is strong.

Edited by Xenomata

What is a good build for brave princess Lucina with a flaw in attack and a benefit to resistance? Is this usually a more aggressive or a defensive unit? How good are her basic skills for her? Is she more enemy phase or player phase?

1 hour ago, Darkmoon6789 said:

What is a good build for brave princess Lucina with a flaw in attack and a benefit to resistance? Is this usually a more aggressive or a defensive unit? How good are her basic skills for her? Is she more enemy phase or player phase?

Brave Lucina is more of a supporting unit, but with -atk that's not doing her any favours.  +Res is fine since extra bulk against dragons is nice, but if it were me, I'd try to remove that bane asap.  Of course if gamepress is to be believed Lancina wants either Speed or Attack to be her main asset.  Personally I'd lean to making this one a support unit or merge fodder.  She'll be good with that.

As for me...

My Lancina is +Atk +6, are there any specific builds she'd benefit from as she's likely to see some combat and I'm thinking of a Lucina theme team (kind of).

2 hours ago, XRay said:

She is pretty good with her base kit. But if you want her to shine, she would really appreciate Special Spiral as a Blazing nuke. She is basically red Ophelia.

I managed to pull Igrene +SPD is she common in IP teams as well?

53 minutes ago, Steilison said:

I managed to pull Igrene +SPD is she common in IP teams as well?

She is not as common since she is a relatively recent unit, but she is still good for Infantry Pulse defense teams. She is pretty good when paired with Ophelia, as she can help take down any super tank on the player's team that Ophelia cannot kill.