"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

26 minutes ago, StarBit8 said:

Currently, my team is Sharena, Takumi, and Nino. I'm wondering whether Eldigan or Marth has better synergy with my team. Thoughts?

Honestly I don't see either being strictly better than the other in terms of synergy? My suggestion would just be to try out both with the same team setup and see how things go.

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, StarBit8 said:

Currently, my team is Sharena, Takumi, and Nino. I'm wondering whether Eldigan or Marth has better synergy with my team. Thoughts?

I'd vote Marth if only because you don't have a reliable way to really deal with manaketes otherwise. 

3 minutes ago, claire said:

how do people check the boon and bane? (sorry if there's an faq with this question i couldn't find anything)

There are calculators here and there. You can also look up the character's base stats at level 1 or level 40 (wiki is helpful for that) and see which stats line up to what.

This might be a stupid question, but would Desperation 3 proc if my HP was exactly at 75%? The wording seems to suggest so, but I'd like to know for sure before deciding to invest in a certain red-haired pegasus rider.

Just now, Ryu Yuki said:

This might be a stupid question, but would Desperation 3 proc if my HP was exactly at 75%? The wording seems to suggest so, but I'd like to know for sure before deciding to invest in a certain red-haired pegasus rider.

Yes.

19 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Yes.

Ah, thank you! If you wouldn't mind, could you also give me your thoughts about the following Cordelia:

+Spd / -Hp
Weapon: Brave Lance+
A-Skill: Life and Death 3
B-Skill: Desperation 3
C-Skill: Threaten Def 3
Assist: Ardent Sacrifice
Special: Uhh... Galeforce?

Basically the idea is that, with -HP, she will just barely have low enough HP that one Ardent Sacrifice puts her in Desperation range. With +Spd and LaD, she should be hitting 38 Spd even with Brave Lance+, which should be enough to instantly quadruple a fair amount of units. Of course I can Rally Spd / Spur Spd to support her if need be, and Threaten Def is basically there to add 10/20 damage to Cordelia if she needs it vs certain melee units.

I'm sure this has been done before and maybe you've mentioned it one of your guides before (There really should be a sticky that compiles all of them or something) but I kind of just rolled this particular Cordelia so I'm only really starting to pay attention now. This build sounds pretty sweet, but I figured maybe I should get your thoughts on it first before I went full ham on it. You seem pretty knowledgeable, and I'm not too familiar with non-Manakete units. Thanks for taking the time, by the way!

Edited by Ryu Yuki

53 minutes ago, Ryu Yuki said:

Ah, thank you! If you wouldn't mind, could you also give me your thoughts about the following Cordelia:

+Spd / -Hp
Weapon: Brave Lance+
A-Skill: Life and Death 3
B-Skill: Desperation 3
C-Skill: Threaten Def 3
Assist: Ardent Sacrifice
Special: Uhh... Galeforce?

Basically the idea is that, with -HP, she will just barely have low enough HP that one Ardent Sacrifice puts her in Desperation range. With +Spd and LaD, she should be hitting 38 Spd even with Brave Lance+, which should be enough to instantly quadruple a fair amount of units. Of course I can Rally Spd / Spur Spd to support her if need be, and Threaten Def is basically there to add 10/20 damage to Cordelia if she needs it vs certain melee units.

I'm sure this has been done before and maybe you've mentioned it one of your guides before (There really should be a sticky that compiles all of them or something) but I kind of just rolled this particular Cordelia so I'm only really starting to pay attention now. This build sounds pretty sweet, but I figured maybe I should get your thoughts on it first before I went full ham on it. You seem pretty knowledgeable, and I'm not too familiar with non-Manakete units. Thanks for taking the time, by the way!

Clean one-round kill against every vanilla red unit in the game and every Fury 3 red unit in the game except +Def Draug, who survives with 2 HP.

Clean one-round kill against every vanilla blue unit in the game except Sharena, Effie, Catria, +Def Thany, Gwendolyn, Subaki, and Corrin (F). =Atk Gwendolyn and Corrin will fail to kill you on the counterattack.

Clean one-round kill against =Def Camilla, =Def Raven, Julia, Nino, Cecilia, =Def Robin (F), and =Def Fae. Don't try to fight any other greens.

Clean one-round kill against every vanilla colorless unit in the game except +Spd Virion, Saizo, and Matthew.

You'll die to a lot of things on enemy phase, though, so try to make sure everything's actually dead. It certainly works as long as you make sure not to get attacked on enemy phase.

For the special, Galeforce may take some time to pull off since it needs 5 hits to charge, and few enemies are going to let you get off more than 2 hits before they permanently retire, much less 3 hits. An offensive skill might be able to clinch you one or two additional wins, but nothing particularly notable since it's mostly +Def variants that you didn't kill before. You could go for one of the defensive skills, though. Nothing really stands out as a must-have to me.

19 minutes ago, DraceEmpressa said:

Which is better, the dragon gaze line or the new moon line? I know how both works, but which is better? 

Unless you're Odin (or someone with equally low base Attack), Dragon Gaze line.

13 minutes ago, Zero1000 said:

Still wondering on whether Moonbow or Escutcheon are better for Roy.

Depends on:

- Roy's boon/bane
- The rest of your team
- What role he needs to fill

25 minutes ago, DraceEmpressa said:

Which is better, the dragon gaze line or the new moon line? I know how both works, but which is better? 

If I remember correctly, Dragon Fang/Draconic Aura are better on units with exceedingly high Atk since they are percentage based (hence why it works so well on Julia), while the Moon skills are preferable on units with lower attack or high speed, as they'll proc a little bit faster.

Edit: I got greninja'd hard.

Edited by red-and-soulless

9 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Depends on:

- Roy's boon/bane
- The rest of your team
- What role he needs to fill

- -HP/+Def
- Kagero/Takumi, Abel, F!Robin.
- I'll mostly use him to take out Green units

10 minutes ago, Zero1000 said:

- -HP/+Def
- Kagero/Takumi, Abel, F!Robin.
- I'll mostly use him to take out Green units

Definitely Moonbow, since he's going to kill things (in this case, green units).

9 minutes ago, Elviejolalo said:

C7_Kb3mVwAAoS2k.jpg:large

Oh ****

Your point?

^I'm guessing he wants to know what it is.

I think it's saying: On 3/30 we are introducing the Super Heroes! These Heroes will have special outfits, even if it's just a silhouette you would probably know who they are. Have fun with the cute looking Heroes. (It might be an alternate skin or a different version of a character)

Edited by Fei Mao

Good day!

I want to know, if somebody could give me some tips on buildung the best team from my heroes?

Or is it better, to start new? By the way, I have around 120 orbs in stock...

Screen1.png

Screen2.png

2 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Clean one-round kill against every vanilla red unit in the game and every Fury 3 red unit in the game except +Def Draug, who survives with 2 HP.

Clean one-round kill against every vanilla blue unit in the game except Sharena, Effie, Catria, +Def Thany, Gwendolyn, Subaki, and Corrin (F). =Atk Gwendolyn and Corrin will fail to kill you on the counterattack.

Clean one-round kill against =Def Camilla, =Def Raven, Julia, Nino, Cecilia, =Def Robin (F), and =Def Fae. Don't try to fight any other greens.

Clean one-round kill against every vanilla colorless unit in the game except +Spd Virion, Saizo, and Matthew.

You'll die to a lot of things on enemy phase, though, so try to make sure everything's actually dead. It certainly works as long as you make sure not to get attacked on enemy phase.

For the special, Galeforce may take some time to pull off since it needs 5 hits to charge, and few enemies are going to let you get off more than 2 hits before they permanently retire, much less 3 hits. An offensive skill might be able to clinch you one or two additional wins, but nothing particularly notable since it's mostly +Def variants that you didn't kill before. You could go for one of the defensive skills, though. Nothing really stands out as a must-have to me.

Thank you very much! That's a lot of useful insight, and this hypothetical Cordelia certainly seems a bit more viable in my head now. You brought up a valid point about the Galeforce thing; I thought it might work due to Cordelia being able to strike four times in a row, but it's true that a lot of enemies will die before that can be achieved. As such I'm looking into some other options, and I'm thinking Luna is the best alternative; anything that can survive Cordelia probably has sky-high defenses, so having a skill that specifically targets and reduces their defense by a percentage should work well.

I've also checked into some of the match-ups that you've noted would survive Cordelia, specifically the red and blue ones. I wanted to see what could be done about them. If I factor in Luna, +Def Fury 3 Draug's Pavise should no longer be enough to save him. With a single Rally Speed, Cordelia would also wipe the floor with +Def+Spd Catria, +Def+Spd Corrin, Sharena, +Def Subaki and +Def+Spd Thany. Taking into account Threaten Defense, and assuming the opponent is +Def, this would make Catria, Gwendolyn, Sharena and Thany all tip over as well. Effie and +Spd Subaki are the only red/blue units I seem to have trouble killing. which seems to bode well for this build after a bit of support. With -HP, even a 40+10 Cordelia should be able to get into Desperation range after one Ardent Sacrifice. 

All in all, thanks for all the input and statistics! It made it really convenient for me to check on the match-ups individually, and see what might or might not work. I think it's really admirable that you go around answering so many people's questions with such precise detail. Sometimes I feel like you're due a bit more credit than you're already given here.

Edited by Ryu Yuki

Considering promoting one of these to 5*:

Nino Spd+/Def - 
Nowi Spd+/Res- 
Nowi2 Atk+/Hp- 
Sharena 0/0

Fwiw: Thinking LoD2/Desperation3 on Nino and TriAdept2/QRiposte2 for Nowi (& I believe the Spd+/Res- is the stronger one)

Which of those would be the best fit for this team, or generally all around stronger piece to play in future teams?

Lucina Spd+/Res- Fury3
Takumi Def+/Res- Vantage3
Olivia Hp+/Atk- 

3 minutes ago, fatboyjam said:

Considering promoting one of these to 5*:

Nino Spd+/Def - 
Nowi Spd+/Res- 
Nowi2 Atk+/Hp- 
Sharena 0/0

Fwiw: Thinking LoD2/Desperation3 on Nino and TriAdept2/QRiposte2 for Nowi (& I believe the Spd+/Res- is the stronger one)

Which of those would be the best fit for this team, or generally all around stronger piece to play in future teams?

Lucina Spd+/Res- Fury3
Takumi Def+/Res- Vantage3
Olivia Hp+/Atk- 

The best for your current team would probably be Nino as it currently seems like your team struggles against blue nukes or blue-heavy teams in general (an opposing Triangle Adept Nowi could 1v4 your whole team in all honesty, or at the very least take out 1-2 members). 

In general, I believe that Nowi is the better generalist unit to promote, but your team specifically seems to need a way to deal with blues more at the moment. As such, I would suggest Nino first (LoD 2 and Desperation 3 are good skills on her). 

A lot of people are hesitant to use Nino on teams without buffs, and that's perfectly understandable because you won't be using her to her full potential (though you have Olivia's Hone Atk at least). But even without buffs, Nino is a pretty decent green mage, better than a lot of her competitors (like F!Robin or Cecilia) even with a minimal Hone Atk buff, so I think you'll be fine. 

8 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

The best for your current team would probably be Nino as it currently seems like your team struggles against blue nukes or blue-heavy teams in general (an opposing Triangle Adept Nowi could 1v4 your whole team in all honesty, or at the very least take out 1-2 members). 

In general, I believe that Nowi is the better generalist unit to promote, but your team specifically seems to need a way to deal with blues more at the moment. As such, I would suggest Nino first (LoD 2 and Desperation 3 are good skills on her). 

A lot of people are hesitant to use Nino on teams without buffs, and that's perfectly understandable because you won't be using her to her full potential (though you have Olivia's Hone Atk at least). But even without buffs, Nino is a pretty decent green mage, better than a lot of her competitors (like F!Robin or Cecilia) even with a minimal Hone Atk buff, so I think you'll be fine. 

You're right, I'm struggling against Blues right now so Nino would definitely help.

I'm about at ~40,000 feathers. Should I look at promoting both Nino and Nowi (Spd+?) and replacing Lucina, or is it better to chill, pocket and maybe see how things shake out with the April update. Also, Is it a Spd buff I'm needing to take full advantage of Nino? Seems like that could be a good add on Takumi.

4 minutes ago, fatboyjam said:

You're right, I'm struggling against Blues right now so Nino would definitely help.

I'm about at ~40,000 feathers. Should I look at promoting both Nino and Nowi (Spd+?) and replacing Lucina, or is it better to chill, pocket and maybe see how things shake out with the April update. Also, Is it a Spd buff I'm needing to take full advantage of Nino? Seems like that could be a good add on Takumi.

I would definitely not replace Lucina (especially not a +Spd, -Res as that's one of her best natures). If I were to replace anyone I'd sooner replace either Olivia to increase team BST or Takumi. Especially if you have no other way to deal with Hector and dragons (which, without Lucina, you don't). 

I'm hesitant to suggest you blow all 40k feathers at once, so my tentative suggestion is to promote Nino, take her to 40 and use her on your team for a while, and see how you feel (paying attention to what matchups/units you have trouble with when using your new team).

If you do decide to promote both though, I would go for the +Spd Nowi over the +Atk. 

EDIT: That said, I do think Nowi will eventually be a good unit to promote and replace either Takumi/Olivia with (whichever you don't initially replace with Nino). Especially because Nowi has really good synergy with Nino. She has a Rally Def buff, which would help boost Nino's damage further, as well as Threaten Res, not to mention she deals easily with any red mages that would threaten Nino. 

Edited by MaskedAmpharos

3 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

I would definitely not replace Lucina (especially not a +Spd, -Res as that's one of her best natures). If I were to replace anyone I'd sooner replace either Olivia to increase team BST or Takumi. Especially if you have no other way to deal with Hector and dragons (which, without Lucina, you don't). 

I'm hesitant to suggest you blow all 40k feathers at once, so my tentative suggestion is to promote Nino, take her to 40 and use her on your team for a while, and see how you feel (paying attention to what matchups/units you have trouble with when using your new team).

If you do decide to promote both though, I would go for the +Spd Nowi over the +Atk. 

Appreciate the advice. I'll start with Nino. I'm excited to see what she'll do.

Been thinking of going with a team of Eirika, Robin (male, +HP, -Def, has Triangle Adept), and Michalis recently, despite my Eirika being -Atk (her boon is +Spd). What's a good fourth unit I can use to round out my team?

@fatboyjam: I also use Nino (4-star, +Spd/-HP) and I think you should use her for a bit before deciding whether to upgrade her, as she's pretty good as a 4-star already. As for the build you suggested, I recommend Fury over Life or Death. With LoD, it's hard for her to activate Desperation, but Fury brings her there without needing to be attacked (of course, LoD is in itself a good choice as well).