"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

3 hours ago, Othin said:

Okay, putting this in the right thread this time.

I got an extra Ike. What sorts of units would benefit a lot from Repel? Main one I know of is Brave Ike, are there any others? (Ideally ones that aren't 5* exclusive.)

Adding onto what Ice Dragon and Zeo have said, if you don't mind using grails or were planning on merging Linus, then he's also an option considering he shares Basilikos with Raven and since his highest level 1 stats are HP, Atk, and Spd, a +10 Linus ends up trading 1 Spd for 1 Atk compared to a +10, +Atk Raven; Linus will have 42/38 base offenses to +Atk Raven's 41/39. That one point of speed will matter as will their differences in defense and resistance, so it's up to you who you would rather use and how much those stats weigh.

Also, Legion and summer Ylgr, but you will need to invest in their speed more due to their lack of access to assets and flaws and that they don't have a prf weapon yet and not one that can boost speed like Basilikos can with its L&D3 unique refinement or Devil Axe with its base effect.

He's a sword infantry, but maybe Astram? Otherwise, everyone else would be a 5* exclusive, especially for lance infantry. I remember seeing a Shannan build with Distant Counter and Close Call/Repel. Hilda is a good option as well, but it's up to you if you would rather prefer her to run Null Follow-Up or Repel.

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

11 minutes ago, Kaden said:

Adding onto what Ice Dragon and Zeo have said, if you don't mind using grails or were planning on merging Linus, then he's also an option considering he shares Basilikos with Raven and since his highest level 1 stats are HP, Atk, and Spd, a +10 Linus ends up trading 1 Spd for 1 Atk compared to a +10, +Atk Raven; Linus will have 42/38 base offenses to +Atk Raven's 41/39. That one point of speed will matter as will their differences in defense and resistance, so it's up to you who you would rather use and how much those stats weigh.

Also, Legion and summer Ylgr, but you will need to invest in their speed more due to their lack of access to assets and flaws and that they don't have a prf weapon yet and not one that can boost speed like Basilikos can with its L&D3 unique refinement or Devil Axe with its base effect.

He's a sword infantry, but maybe Astram? Otherwise, everyone else would be a 5* exclusive, especially for lance infantry. I remember seeing a Shannan build with Distant Counter and Close Call/Repel. Hilda is a good option as well, but it's up to you if you would rather prefer her to run Null Follow-Up or Repel.

I was wondering how well the Basilikos units would fit with a defensive skill. I don't think Linus (or Ylgr) is really where I want to put my grails right now - I've given some thought to merging Astram at some point, but I feel like it'd be a waste to make another red Repel unit. Hilda would be fun, but I haven't gotten her yet and I won't be able to pile merges on her when I do. So I think I'll plan on going with Echidna unless someone better shows up first.

On 5/5/2020 at 2:51 PM, XRay said:

Yes, you can merge 5* units. Just merge them as normal. Tap <Allies>, <Ally Growth>, <Merge Allies>, and then pick who you want to merge.

Keep in mind that merging a lower rarity fodder unit into a higher rarity base unit will not increase the merge level of the higher rarity base unit.

For example, 5* Nino will not have its merge level increased if I use a 3* or 4* Nino.

Thanks. 

Until today it has been possible to merge only units that were less than 5 * in rarity and whose potential was increased. The original 5 * rarity units are not possible for me to merge. I imagined that this option would be unlocked after making some progress, but considering its response to fusing units of original 5 * rarity it was supposed to be available from the beginning of the game.

Sorry if the text was not so clear. I only have notions of English, so I used google translate to write this text.

Edit: Something similar happens when inheriting skills. I can only inherit from the 5 * units that were previously of lesser rarity

Edited by Juliojck

11 minutes ago, Juliojck said:

Thanks. 

Until today it has been possible to merge only units that were less than 5 * in rarity and whose potential was increased. The original 5 * rarity units are not possible for me to merge. I imagined that this option would be unlocked after making some progress, but considering its response to fusing units of original 5 * rarity it was supposed to be available from the beginning of the game.

Sorry if the text was not so clear. I only have notions of English, so I used google translate to write this text.

Edit: Something similar happens when inheriting skills. I can only inherit from the 5 * units that were previously of lesser rarity

You need to un-favorite the unit. You can't use favorited units as fodder for merging or Skill Inheritance, and the game's default setting is to automatically favorite units that were originally summoned at 5-star rarity.

Edited by Ice Dragon

39 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

You need to un-favorite the unit. You can't use favorited units as fodder for merging or Skill Inheritance, and the game's default setting is to automatically favorite units that were originally summoned at 5-star rarity.

Thank you. 

I recently got interested in Arena and I want to have a good scoring team so that I can go 21 and I want some help.

My main units are my +10 Aversa and Fae and the +6 Edelgard. However as Edelgard isn't that good when it comes to scoring so I decided to spend my grails and start grinding feathers for Flame Emperor as she has some good skills. 

Spoiler

Screenshot_20200512_002337.thumb.jpg.4b7d277bf91560ffb6eb5b7f43a6f411.jpg

Screenshot_20200430_181147.thumb.jpg.2c9ca36cfcff2ac4689b13460d1a177a.jpg

Screenshot_20200512_004547.thumb.jpg.000930f55bc858d280db8d4050442033.jpg

Aversa also has Rally Spd/Def+. Flame Emperor works their way to +7 very soon (I am simply lacking feathers) and Fae can get DC and join hone Spd (from duo Hector and Marth as I never use them and Iddun is more that good as far as duos come). Will +10ing Flame emperor do it or I need to inherit other 300 sp skills (the mentioned ones to Fae or simply DC when the weapon arrives and something else to Flame emperor)? 

Edited by SuperNova125

On 5/8/2020 at 2:00 PM, SuperNova125 said:

Recently I started using original Edelgard in coliseum, quests and different events. I have to say that I underestimated her quite a lot. She currently is at +6 which is quite good  and I recently started working on her flowers. I also have a +Spd -Res Duo Ephraim that I never use and has some interesting skills.

I have been thinking of giving Edelgard his A and B slot as she doesn't have any tier 4 skills and needs some new skills as her base kit is not as functional for consistent use, also Heavy blade SS is really popular and her not needing it is also nice. The last reason I was into foddering him is because due to his weird status we don't know when he will next appear while Eddie can appear in skill banners and even pity break me. I want an opinion whether I should go for it or there is some utility in keeping him (especially when I have +1 Iddun, Marth and Hector as other duos)?

I would personally keep Desert Mercenaries Ephraim. The ability to boost infantry's mobility without using an action is pretty unique to him. VS!Azura and Annette have to use an action (Sing for VS!Azura, and any Rally for Annette), while DM!Ephraim just needs to tap the Duo skill button and can keep moving or doing whatever.

I am personally hesitant of putting Heavy Blade on the A slot of any unit due to stat comparison. While Heavy Blade-Sturdy Blow deals 2 more damage per hit compared to Atk/Def Solo-Heavy Blade (assuming Atk/Def Solo gets tier 4 eventually) if Heavy Blade activates, for reliability purposes, Heavy Blade-Sturdy Blow is worse than Atk/Def Solo-Heavy Blade since Sturdy Blow provides on Atk+4 while Atk/Def Solo provides Atk+7 for the purpose of comparing stats.

Since you are using her in Arena, unless you need another unit with Heavy Blade, I do not see a need to run Heavy Blade on the A slot.

Lull Atk/Def is better than Dull Close in my opinion, but I would use another unit over DM!Ephraim as fodder.

On 5/8/2020 at 2:55 PM, Othin said:

Okay, putting this in the right thread this time.

I got an extra Ike. What sorts of units would benefit a lot from Repel? Main one I know of is Brave Ike, are there any others? (Ideally ones that aren't 5* exclusive.)

To get the most out of it, preferably anyone who you can stack a ton of Spd on. If you cannot stack enough Spd on a unit, Repel and Close Call are not as good as Lull Atk/Spd in my opinion since Lull Atk/Spd works against all types of enemies, while Repel and Close Call only works against slower enemies.

While the stats of the unit themselves do matter, I think it is also important to consider whether you can actually provide additional Spd support to really make Close Call and Repel work optimally. Without enough support, Close Call and Repel just is not that good for Enemy Phase in my opinion, and I think Lulls are better for Enemy Phase and dual phase units in general and I do not see the point of running anything other than Desperation for fast Player Phase units.

4 hours ago, SuperNova125 said:

I recently got interested in Arena and I want to have a good scoring team so that I can go 21 and I want some help.

My main units are my +10 Aversa and Fae and the +6 Edelgard. However as Edelgard isn't that good when it comes to scoring so I decided to spend my grails and start grinding feathers for Flame Emperor as she has some good skills. 

Reveal hidden contents

Screenshot_20200512_002337.thumb.jpg.4b7d277bf91560ffb6eb5b7f43a6f411.jpg

Screenshot_20200430_181147.thumb.jpg.2c9ca36cfcff2ac4689b13460d1a177a.jpg

Screenshot_20200512_004547.thumb.jpg.000930f55bc858d280db8d4050442033.jpg

Aversa also has Rally Spd/Def+. Flame Emperor works their way to +7 very soon (I am simply lacking feathers) and Fae can get DC and join hone Spd (from duo Hector and Marth as I never use them and Iddun is more that good as far as duos come). Will +10ing Flame emperor do it or I need to inherit other 300 sp skills (the mentioned ones to Fae or simply DC when the weapon arrives and something else to Flame emperor)? 

You may want to consult the score calculator.

So I have my usual amount of indecisive going right now: +Atk or +Spd for kid Marth?

+Atk is 4.5 damage to cavalry and armors and 3 damage to everything else whereas +Spd is 0.9 damage on Special activation and better Spd tiering for doubles and dealing with Repel/Close Call.

Vantage on his weapon is telling me to run +Atk, but his viability as a fast dual-phase unit tells me to run +Spd.

3 hours ago, XRay said:

I would personally keep Desert Mercenaries Ephraim. The ability to boost infantry's mobility without using an action is pretty unique to him. VS!Azura and Annette have to use an action (Sing for VS!Azura, and any Rally for Annette), while DM!Ephraim just needs to tap the Duo skill button and can keep moving or doing whatever.

You may want to consult the score calculator.

Thanks for the help. Currently I will not do it because merging Flame Emperor is far more important than 5*ing that Jamke I forgot I had. However, I am thinking of doing it at a later point when the heavy merging is done. I generally do not keep units I don't use (especially those with fodder) for a lot of time and I don't see in what content I could use him. While Edelgard does the job better. 

Also thanks about this link, used it and solved my problems. Aversa is pretty done and doesn't need anything only if a tier 4 B slot arrives sh3 would need it along with a better seal, Fae wants either a personal weapon and DC or DC and another tier 4 C skill. I will wait for the eventual weapon. Flame emperor needs a tier 4 C slot and the merges. However, about the bonus unit which is necessary, it might not always be possible to even +1, does it matter or the bonus stats count in the score?

Edited by SuperNova125

4 minutes ago, vikingsfan92 said:

Btw i have +attack and a plus speed Thrasir from a while back which one should I merge the other into or should I keep one of each?

Thrasir's gimmick requires her to be able to double the opponent. Unless you have the ability to stack the ever-loving crap out of her Spd stat with skills or buffs, it's better to run +Spd.

2 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

So I have my usual amount of indecisive going right now: +Atk or +Spd for kid Marth?

+Atk is 4.5 damage to cavalry and armors and 3 damage to everything else whereas +Spd is 0.9 damage on Special activation and better Spd tiering for doubles and dealing with Repel/Close Call.

Vantage on his weapon is telling me to run +Atk, but his viability as a fast dual-phase unit tells me to run +Spd.

I lean towards +Atk for Vantage since that is his niche and is better than Phina by 1 point in Atk. His only other Counter-Vantage competitor with an open B slot is Kronya.

Personally, I would just keep both and run different skill sets unless Barracks space is an issue or something.

1 hour ago, SuperNova125 said:

Also thanks about this link, used it and solved my problems. Aversa is pretty done and doesn't need anything only if a tier 4 B slot arrives sh3 would need it along with a better seal, Fae wants either a personal weapon and DC or DC and another tier 4 C skill. I will wait for the eventual weapon. Flame emperor needs a tier 4 C slot and the merges. However, about the bonus unit which is necessary, it might not always be possible to even +1, does it matter or the bonus stats count in the score?

For the bonus unit, I do not think their bonus stats factors into the score. As far as I know, the only thing different about them compared to other units is that they double your score. For every other scoring criteria, they are pretty much like other units on the team.

1 hour ago, vikingsfan92 said:

Btw i have +attack and a plus speed Thrasir from a while back which one should I merge the other into or should I keep one of each?

I would keep one of each, for Aether Raids defense and for build diversity.

While Duma sort of synergizes with Thrasir, outside of the battle damage on turn 1 (and that is assuming the player is not running Healing Tower (O) or any sort of healers), it is difficult to make them work well together, so unless you have a specific set up in mind that uses both very well on the same team, it is better to just run two Thrasirs in my opinion for a low investment defense team.

For build diversity, Thrasir has a pretty decent Atk stat for Counter-Vantage, so if you ever want her to take that route, you can use have the +Atk Thrasir run that build while you can keep +Spd Thrasir with her default build.

Edited by XRay

9 minutes ago, XRay said:

Personally, I would just keep both and run different skill sets unless Barracks space is an issue or something.

I only have enough copies to merge one of the two to +10 since the game decided it would rather throw Caedas at me than 4-star Marths.

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

I only have enough copies to merge one of the two to +10 since the game decided it would rather throw Caedas at me than 4-star Marths.

Hm... I would just go with whichever build is more fun for you or whichever role you need more, and you can always save the the other nature copy for next year or something.

I personally lean towards +Atk for Counter-Vantage since not many Counter-Vantage units have an open B slot. Although if you already have a lot of Counter-Vantage units already, I am not sure he brings much value to the table unless you want to field Phina in one season and Marth in the other season for Aether Raids. I am not a huge fan of turning units into dual phase units unless they have guaranteed follow-up attacks on both phases, got access to some crazy stuff for Counter-Vantage, or have some other effects that makes stand out for dual phase combat.

Just managed to get my hands on fallen Corrin. What could be good skills to complement him?

I am also currently running Naga with fury and desperation, saw this as a recommended build, but I am uncertain if this is really that effective.

Also currently trying to build Ashnard with distant counter and quick riposte.

How effective would you say this is?

7 hours ago, XRay said:

To get the most out of it, preferably anyone who you can stack a ton of Spd on. If you cannot stack enough Spd on a unit, Repel and Close Call are not as good as Lull Atk/Spd in my opinion since Lull Atk/Spd works against all types of enemies, while Repel and Close Call only works against slower enemies.

While the stats of the unit themselves do matter, I think it is also important to consider whether you can actually provide additional Spd support to really make Close Call and Repel work optimally. Without enough support, Close Call and Repel just is not that good for Enemy Phase in my opinion, and I think Lulls are better for Enemy Phase and dual phase units in general and I do not see the point of running anything other than Desperation for fast Player Phase units.

I don't have Lull fodder, so being worse than a Lull skill isn't relevant to my considerations.

I have some options for Spd support. What would you consider "enough"?

4 hours ago, Darkmoon6789 said:

Just managed to get my hands on fallen Corrin. What could be good skills to complement him?

I am also currently running Naga with fury and desperation, saw this as a recommended build, but I am uncertain if this is really that effective.

Spoiler

For Fallen Male Corrin if you are on a limited budget his base kit is functional. However, if you want to make him a supertank or a simple EP threat you will need DC in the A slot. The B slot is flexible, Null-Follow up, Null-C disrupt, Lul Atk/spd are all excellent choices. His base Null follow up is a great choice for disabling fullow up oriented skills that many slower units tend to have. Nul C disrupt has more utility in AR where there are many Dazzling Staves and Firesweeps. Lul Atk/Spd is a great choise for pure tanking as it lowers foe's Atk and Spd by a small amount and nullifies bonuses to said stats that LAzuras and Annetes boost out of the box. Any of them is fine. C slot is way more flexible. However, Atk smoke is an excellent and budget option that allows him to survive consecutive round of combat. Pulse smoke though a bit more expensive is also a wonderful choice for AR as it stops units with precharged specials activating them and stops threats like Sonya, Ophelia and generally AOE specials and infantry pulse teams and with his Guard effect that his weapon has, it prevents enemy specials altogether. SS is flexible though I recommend Double Stance skills and especially Steady posture and Swift Stance as they grant Spd and a defensive stat. 

Naga is a weird unit that generally get outclassed in every way, at least that's what I ended up believing after using her even outside AR so much. Some people have her a complete support bot utilising Chills or link skills, I have her with DC and Dull ranged to deal with some annoying red units (they are few Lilinas and Lysitheas still kill her). You can do with her mostly whatever you want. I have not tried the build you mentioned but I don't think it's that effective as it requires her to go ahead and be on the frontlines meaning that she will get targeted by foes quite a lot and at weakened state after Fury and it won't be that easy to have her weapon and C slot active. 

About Ashnard I think that's one his optimal builds as his weapon weakens the enemy and disables effective damage from bows and when combined with his good overall bulk it allows him to to take hits from ranged foes easily so DC complements that and QR allows him to double and secure some kills on units he doesn't OHKO. 

I put my answers in a spoiler as it's a pretty big wall of text. 

Edited by SuperNova125

7 hours ago, XRay said:

I lean towards +Atk for Vantage since that is his niche and is better than Phina by 1 point in Atk. His only other Counter-Vantage competitor with an open B slot is Kronya.

For the bonus unit, I do not think their bonus stats factors into the score. As far as I know, the only thing different about them compared to other units is that they double your score. For every other scoring criteria, they are pretty much like other units on the team.

I would keep one of each, for Aether Raids defense and for build diversity.

While Duma sort of synergizes with Thrasir, outside of the battle damage on turn 1 (and that is assuming the player is not running Healing Tower (O) or any sort of healers), it is difficult to make them work well together, so unless you have a specific set up in mind that uses both very well on the same team, it is better to just run two Thrasirs in my opinion for a low investment defense team.

For build diversity, Thrasir has a pretty decent Atk stat for Counter-Vantage, so if you ever want her to take that route, you can use have the +Atk Thrasir run that build while you can keep +Spd Thrasir with her default build.

Yeah I might just keep them both for now. The first merge was easy since literal same ivs + attack (this was before I pulled the speed one) so might as well get rid of the bane this one not so sure on. (for the record the attack one is only +1)

Edited by vikingsfan92

6 hours ago, Darkmoon6789 said:

I think his vanilla skill set is fine if he faces a lot of armor units. If he does not face a lot of armor units or units with some type of Wary Fighter, I would replace the B slot with Lull Atk/Spd so he can better deal with faster opponents.

His Res kind of sucks, so I am not sure if it is a good idea to put Distant Counter on him unless you plan to turn him into a super tank or something to buff up his Res.

Naga got the stats for Player Phase combat. I do not think she fares too well as an Enemy Phase unit since there are just too many weaknesses to deal with ranging from flier weakness, dragon weakness, lack of stat buffs from being a Mythic Hero herself, being blue which makes Thrasir hit extremely hard, etc.

Personally, I would just give her a support build with Chills on both B and Sacred Seal, and her A can be Life and Death to draw enemy Chills away from allies. Life and Death also allows her to fight a battle if necessary, just do not expect multiple rounds out of her without Desperation.

Should be fine. Just stay away from top tier nukes like SK!Alm, Blazing nukes, etc. as usual, and might be good idea to do a bit of calculation before facing QOV!Celica to make sure she dies in one hit. Sometimes QOV!Celica can get extremely bulky from double defense Mythics, so just be careful.

4 hours ago, Othin said:

I don't have Lull fodder, so being worse than a Lull skill isn't relevant to my considerations.

I have some options for Spd support. What would you consider "enough"?

Depends on the foes you want the tank to face, but I think around 60 Spd should be the bare minimum since many units can reach 50 to 55 Spd. Echidna should be able to reach 57 Spd by herself if you Spd stack her (+10+5, Spd Refinement, Steady Posture, Swift Stance). Handbell and Sack o' Gifts would push it to 59 Spd.

If you want to use Echidna against stuff like SK!Alm and QOV!Celica, I recommend 65-70 Spd so she can double and kill them (you do not want to leave them alive or else they will off Echidna with a Special trigger on the second initiation), so you will probably need double Peony's at this level since Distant Counter eats up the A slot. Against something like Mareeta, if you run Steady Posture, Mareeta would be less threatening since she would not be able to activate a Special, but I think you still want at least 75 Spd (or higher if factoring in buffs and Mythic stats) against a fully pimped out Mareeta to prevent her from doubling and to make sure Close Call/Repel works.

I personally run her with Wings of Mercy and Atk/Spd Bond to hit hard on player phase. Altina often ends up at low HP between Bolt Traps and AoE damage to get Vantage up, allowing Naga to teleport in.

Edited by Ice Dragon

7 minutes ago, XRay said:

I think his vanilla skill set is fine if he faces a lot of armor units. If he does not face a lot of armor units or units with some type of Wary Fighter, I would replace the B slot with Lull Atk/Spd so he can better deal with faster opponents.

His Res kind of sucks, so I am not sure if it is a good idea to put Distant Counter on him unless you plan to turn him into a super tank or something to buff up his Res.

Naga got the stats for Player Phase combat. I do not think she fares too well as an Enemy Phase unit since there are just too many weaknesses to deal with ranging from flier weakness, dragon weakness, lack of stat buffs from being a Mythic Hero herself, being blue which makes Thrasir hit extremely hard, etc.

Personally, I would just give her a support build with Chills on both B and Sacred Seal, and her A can be Life and Death to draw enemy Chills away from allies. Life and Death also allows her to fight a battle if necessary, just do not expect multiple rounds out of her without Desperation.

Should be fine. Just stay away from top tier nukes like SK!Alm, Blazing nukes, etc. as usual, and might be good idea to do a bit of calculation before facing QOV!Celica to make sure she dies in one hit. Sometimes QOV!Celica can get extremely bulky from double defense Mythics, so just be careful.

Depends on the foes you want the tank to face, but I think around 60 Spd should be the bare minimum since many units can reach 50 to 55 Spd. Echidna should be able to reach 57 Spd by herself if you Spd stack her (+10+5, Spd Refinement, Steady Posture, Swift Stance). Handbell and Sack o' Gifts would push it to 59 Spd.

If you want to use Echidna against stuff like SK!Alm and QOV!Celica, I recommend 65-70 Spd so she can double and kill them (you do not want to leave them alive or else they will off Echidna with a Special trigger on the second initiation), so you will probably need double Peony's at this level since Distant Counter eats up the A slot. Against something like Mareeta, if you run Steady Posture, Mareeta would be less threatening since she would not be able to activate a Special, but I think you still want at least 75 Spd (or higher if factoring in buffs and Mythic stats) against a fully pimped out Mareeta to prevent her from doubling and to make sure Close Call/Repel works.

Alright, thanks. I don't have access to Steady Posture 3, but this Repel does come with Darting Breath from Ike. Seems like it can work out to enough for most purposes. 

This is a stupid question that I probably know the answer to, but considering Annette's Crusher targets the lower defensive stat of her foe, she would want to run Glimmer over Moonbow against units with uneven defensive stats and their lower defensive stat being, well, low? Problems are how many units have even defenses, how much of a difference is between the unit's defense e.g. 36/33 is minuscule compared to 33/13, if they are using Mystic Boost which in the case of Eir wouldn't matter since Annette's going to target her low defense by default, and the weapon triangle among other things.

Also, for pure support and considering her high attack and adaptive damage, Annette should run Fortress Def/Res to soak up Chills and similar debuff skills? Otherwise and for a more combative role, Distant Counter considering her mixed bulk.

Last thing, Hana's attack should be high enough that +Spd should be fine for her so she can have a better performance against non-armor units? Part of me feels like you can never have too much attack with effective damage, especially against armors who tend to have high defense, but at the same time, Hana also being able to deal with other things more would be helpful.

3 hours ago, Kaden said:

This is a stupid question that I probably know the answer to, but considering Annette's Crusher targets the lower defensive stat of her foe, she would want to run Glimmer over Moonbow against units with uneven defensive stats and their lower defensive stat being, well, low? Problems are how many units have even defenses, how much of a difference is between the unit's defense e.g. 36/33 is minuscule compared to 33/13, if they are using Mystic Boost which in the case of Eir wouldn't matter since Annette's going to target her low defense by default, and the weapon triangle among other things.

Personally, I always go with Moonbow over Glimmer if resource permits. I did use a lot of Glimmer in the past when building counter units for Arena Assault to save on Moonbow, but now that I am no longer short on Moonbow, I just use Moonbow whenever possible.

My reasoning is that any unit that you are targeting that has low Def/Res usually does not need a Special trigger to be killed, while units with high Def/Res usually does need a Special trigger to be killed. Moonbow not being very effective against low Def/Res units is not really a huge issue since you will kill them anyways, but Glimmer not being very effective against tanks is a huge problem.

3 hours ago, Kaden said:

Also, for pure support and considering her high attack and adaptive damage, Annette should run Fortress Def/Res to soak up Chills and similar debuff skills? Otherwise and for a more combative role, Distant Counter considering her mixed bulk.

Her stats are pretty balanced, so either Life and Death or Fort. Def/Res are fine for drawing Chills.

Distant Counter is not bad, but I would still be careful of using her as a combat unit if the rest of her skill kit is not built for combat in mind. Ranged units can be extremely punishing depending on the mode, so unless she is fully built as a combat unit, I am not sure Distant Counter is worth it if she cannot actually survive combat.

3 hours ago, Kaden said:

Last thing, Hana's attack should be high enough that +Spd should be fine for her so she can have a better performance against non-armor units? Part of me feels like you can never have too much attack with effective damage, especially against armors who tend to have high defense, but at the same time, Hana also being able to deal with other things more would be helpful.

If you are tank busting, +Atk is usually better. Most tanks dump Spd, so there is not really a need to go +Spd unless your tank buster is slow or something.

If you want Hana to kill Spd tanks or kill things in general, +Spd is better for that. +Atk is not going to help her with Spd tanks, so you want +Spd for that to help her double them. +Spd is also good for overall matchups in general, and Spd creep is the most significant stat creep. HP/Atk/Def/Res all go up too, but their impact is much less than Spd.

Edited by XRay

@Alexmender @DLNarshen @mampfoid @Kaden @Landmaster @SatsumaFSoysoy @XRay @daisy jane

So I think I've settled on keeping the +ATK Nah.... but the time will probably come where I decide at the end of the month during the MHB. So we'll see.

So another question, I've finally hit those 1,600 codes and immediately grabbed Xander... thing is I knew exactly what I wanted to do with him but now I'm... questioning my choice and evaluating possibilities. It's been a long time since I've had CC fodder so I'm deliberating and asking for advice and presenting choices.

First off, I basically never use my H!Henry or LA!Lyn so they're out. Sophia is basically a can't do without resplendent for me at this point, I'm not interested in OG Henry and after seeing all those +10's and shiny new units (particualrly F!Lyon) Faye with CC no longer interests me. I also don't have SS Fodder which is why I'm not considering Kronya.

So... I'll present for the most part what I'm looking at. All at once though.

Spoiler

vM71xpH.pngF3pj5jy.pngJXEbV7E.png

Serra: The original plan. Since I first built her and did my Sothis clear with the Absorb+ staff the idea of a CC Serra has never stopped being appealing, or rather a goal. I know she's not the bulkiest but she sounds like a ton of fun and she's got lots of options. Mystic Boost being the most appealing for me personally and I don't have the fodder just yet but we'll get there. She could run Brazens in the seal slot in case she gets a bit dangerous in the health area and her C skill utility varies, obviously this is what I was going to do with the CC fodder as soon as I got it, I'm just not jumping the gun quite yet.

Odin: A pretty old idea but the idea of tossing Odin into a group of enemies via reposition and watching him nuke them is pretty fun. His bulk is kinda lukewarm but his speed is passable (particularly when buffed) and the mixed bulk makes him impervious to dragons. 

W!Jaffar: This is probably one of the funnest builds to me personally. Jaffar's got the bulk and speed naturally and has enough kick to kill without an offensive special and even if he doesn't there's pretty much no way anything not red can kill him with this build. The funnest thing about this build is the idea that it's actually possible. I've got a spare B!Ephraim for special fighter so I could actually do this if I wanted. Only thing is his movement sucks.

ICEClgV.pngMF81iaB.png1LVxw5i.png

Chad: This one is more of a guilty pleasure. You'll never be able to convince me that Chad is Matthew's son and him following in his dad's footsteps as an omnitank/distraction is incredibly appealing. He's moderately fast and strong and the Minty Cane/Mystic Boost combination would make him a downright cockroach. ATK Smoke is a given and the seal has a lot of versatility as always. Armored Blow for a better time against DC units, a Brazen for when things get tough. He also benefits like Odin from being impervious to dragons due to his perfect mixed bulk.

Kaze: A much less appealing choice for me than Chad but probably a much more practical one. A +RES Kaze with Mystic Boost is pretty much a glorified Falchion as far as dragons are concerned. Minty Cane+ and Mystic Boost make him a cockroach and ATK Smoke helps him out if he needs to fight physical units that can retaliate. Fortress RES could propel him into 50 RES which is pretty much nonsense also. Only thing is... he doesn't really want to fight physical units even with his double healing. It feels wasteful to put CC on him for that reason. Close Ward seems like it would be the perfect skill for him in that regard.

W!Cecillia: We're being optimal again. W!Cecillia is a less fun choice than Jaffar but potentially a more effective one. Minty Cane is really just here, Barb Shuriken+ would guarantee one round Glacies which is just disgusting as you well know. She's just nonesense when she's decked out and I do in fact have Bold Fighter fodder as well. A boring choice though, to be sure. Something I'd probably rather do... say... when I have 2 or 3 CC fodders instead.

Fire away. Give other suggestions if you like.