"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

10 hours ago, AW91 said:

Good day!

I want to know, if somebody could give me some tips on buildung the best team from my heroes?

Or is it better, to start new? By the way, I have around 120 orbs in stock...

Screen1.png

Screen2.png

I'm not the best team builder, but I would say with both Hector and Azura, I would not be starting new. 

I've heard Eldigan's meant to be really good as a swordie, and Lucina is one of the best. You have a good spread, too - one of every colour and some magical five stars. I personally don't see anything wrong with the team you have now, but then I don't know anything about synergies ^.^'' Hopefully someone better equipped will come along :)

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

10 hours ago, AW91 said:

Good day!

I want to know, if somebody could give me some tips on buildung the best team from my heroes?

Screen1.png

Screen2.png

Wow, that's a great roster you have so far. You current team is pretty solid as is.

Although, if you're going for a high arena score, I would definitely replace Reinhardt with Catria, since he has one of the lowest stat ratings in the game. Catria also makes mincemeat of red swords that Lucina can't handle, but make sure you clear out opposing archers first with Hector--Azura will work great here-- before sending her in. I prefer Azura over Ninian but either one would be fine as the weakness to Falchion is still covered well by Catria. What are the stat spreads on your 5* units? That would help a bit more in determining what else can be done.

Hope this helped!

Edited by MrSmokestack

23 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Why does Palla wear thigh high socks over tights?

Passion fo' Fashion, duh.

And besides, who wants to carry them when you can just wear them? I'd sooner wear four hats than wear one and carry three.

22 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

They could be more warm.

Reveal hidden contents

Best question in this whole thread btw

I could understand wearing double socks, but nylon doesn't breath at all underneath other fabric, so it just makes your feet sweat more.  Maybe I'm weird, but if I wear socks at all with nylon in like boots or something, I like the cotton closer to my feet, so it absorbs the sweat better, and then, it's never thigh highs.

12 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

Rezzy out here asking the real questions.

Yeah, it just bugged me for some reason.

Just now, Elieson said:

Passion fo' Fashion, duh.

And besides, who wants to carry them when you can just wear them? I'd sooner wear four hats than wear one and carry three.

A crime against fashion.  She could always just store her extra clothes in her bag or something.

2 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I could understand wearing double socks, but nylon doesn't breath at all underneath other fabric, so it just makes your feet sweat more.  Maybe I'm weird, but if I wear socks at all with nylon in like boots or something, I like the cotton closer to my feet, so it absorbs the sweat better, and then, it's never thigh highs.

Yeah, it just bugged me for some reason.

A crime against fashion.  She could always just store her extra clothes in her bag or something.

You think you have enough time to grab a bag while you're slicing up axes to death?

I mean, it looks pretty stylish to me. She could be Ursula or Catria and run around with no underwear. Geez Louise 

But if it's seriously a problem you could always write to the character designer or soemthing :)

Just now, LuxSpes said:

Between a balanced nature and +Def/-Res, which nature is better for a F!Corrin?

I guess corrin can use the extra bulk, but I'd only pass up neutral if that was +atk or +spd. -res for plus defense doesn't seem worthwhile (to me). But of course, the decision is always yours

10 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

I guess corrin can use the extra bulk, but I'd only pass up neutral if that was +atk or +spd. -res for plus defense doesn't seem worthwhile (to me). But of course, the decision is always yours

Thanks for the answer. I leaned on the side of keeping the Balanced one, so your answer is a confirmation for to keep her. 

28 minutes ago, LuxSpes said:

I'd say take -Res. Since blues are becoming more popular in arena green mages like Nino and Julia are becoming more and more common, which makes resistance on a blue unit moot. Her resistance isn't too impressive to begin with and she will prefer the defense for tanking reds. Who else is on your team?

18 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

I'd say take -Res. Since blues are becoming more popular in arena green mages like Nino and Julia are becoming more and more common, which makes resistance on a blue unit moot. Her resistance isn't too impressive to begin with and she will prefer the defense for tanking reds. Who else is on your team?

I wasn't planning on using F!Corring right away (just wanted to know which I should keep and which should become inheritance fodder), but if the caveat of taking -Res is an increased weakness to green mage, I think my Sanaki has that covered (and I have five more 5* red units so green in general have never been a problem). 

Edited by LuxSpes

1 hour ago, LuxSpes said:

I personally would go for +Def. Corrin's res is pretty poor as is, and -res is generally her best bane. This is especially true because, quite frankly, most green mages (especially Julia and Nino) very easily deal with Corrin regardless of whether she's -res or not, so it makes more sense to boost her ability to tank reds and blues (and with Triangle Adept, she even tanks Falchions well).

Just now, MaskedAmpharos said:

I personally would go for +Def. Corrin's res is pretty poor as is, and -res is generally her best bane. This is especially true because, quite frankly, most green mages (especially Julia and Nino) very easily deal with Corrin regardless of whether she's -res or not, so it makes more sense to boost her ability to tank reds and blues (and with Triangle Adept, she even tanks Falchions well).

I just did some calculation and with Triangle Adept 3 and a +Def nature, she'd take 14 damage from a +Atk Chrom which is pretty impressive. And having 21 res instead of 19 won't help much against Nino or Julia or most threatening non-red mages for that matter.  With your answer as well as MrSmokestack, I think I'll keep the +Def/-Res one. Sanaki/Nino/Corrin/Ninian could make an interesting team Fortify Dragon would bring Corrin's defense to 43 which will make a +Atk Chrom cry.

1 minute ago, LuxSpes said:

I just did some calculation and with Triangle Adept 3 and a +Def nature, she'd take 14 damage from a +Atk Chrom which is pretty impressive. And having 21 res instead of 19 won't help much against Nino or Julia or most threatening non-red mages for that matter.  With your answer as well as MrSmokestack, I think I'll keep the +Def/-Res one. Sanaki/Nino/Corrin/Ninian could make an interesting team Fortify Dragon would bring Corrin's defense to 43 which will make a +Atk Chrom cry.

Sounds pretty solid! If you run Nino on that team though, I'd recommend switching out either Sanaki's or Corrin's Hone Atk for another buff (maybe Hone Spd?) if you haven't already. 

Just now, MaskedAmpharos said:

Sounds pretty solid! If you run Nino on that team though, I'd recommend switching out either Sanaki's or Corrin's Hone Atk for another buff (maybe Hone Spd?) if you haven't already. 

I might give Sanaki Hone Spd since she doesn't really need the Spd while Corrin and Nino will definitely appreciate it (especially with Dark Breath+ -5 Spd debuff) I just need to find another Matthew (I got tons of them that I merged to sent home before Skill Inheritance ever was a thing. I haven't found one since then. I guess I could sacrifice the one I do have since I don't see myself using him all that much)

1 hour ago, Zero1000 said:

What's the total amount of skill points a unit gains through leveling up? (not counting in-battle SP)

For a 5-star, 594.

6 SP per level from 2-10, 12 SP per level from 11-20, 18 SP per level from 21-30, and 24 SP per level from 31-40.

10 hours ago, Cute Chao said:

I'm not the best team builder, but I would say with both Hector and Azura, I would not be starting new. 

I've heard Eldigan's meant to be really good as a swordie, and Lucina is one of the best. You have a good spread, too - one of every colour and some magical five stars. I personally don't see anything wrong with the team you have now, but then I don't know anything about synergies ^.^'' Hopefully someone better equipped will come along :)

Morning!

Thanks for the answer - sounds good :)

10 hours ago, MrSmokestack said:

Wow, that's a great roster you have so far. You current team is pretty solid as is.

Although, if you're going for a high arena score, I would definitely replace Reinhardt with Catria, since he has one of the lowest stat ratings in the game. Catria also makes mincemeat of red swords that Lucina can't handle, but make sure you clear out opposing archers first with Hector--Azura will work great here-- before sending her in. I prefer Azura over Ninian but either one would be fine as the weakness to Falchion is still covered well by Catria. What are the stat spreads on your 5* units? That would help a bit more in determining what else can be done.

Hope this helped!

Morning!

Thanks for the answer - sounds good :)

I really want to manage first all the PVE-Content and after that, I gonna make some good arena-team...

I heard something about, that it can only be showed on lvl 1 or 40?

All of them are not lvl 40 - so I can´t show I guess? Or will it helps, if I show, even when they are not lvl 40?

3 hours ago, Dayni said:

Who should I raise to 4-star rarity out of +Spd -HP Subaki and neutral Fir, Virion and Wrys?

What does your team need?  If you don't need anyone's niche, then I'd sit on those feathers.

23 hours ago, AW91 said:

Good day!

Screen1.png

Screen2.png

What do you want to do with this team?

2 minutes ago, eclipse said:

What does your team need?  If you don't need anyone's niche, then I'd sit on those feathers.

I do have Hinoka, which makes raising Subaki up make less sense except for a flying squad (Which with what I have would be pretty lancelocked).

And the others do have other units who do their jobs pretty well (Wrys would likely be great at it when he ranks up, but I have 2 4* staff users already, Virion has Setsuna and Niles covering bows and Fir is covered by Lon'qu)

Should I promote 3* Michalis or not at all, just to ask now?

11 minutes ago, AW91 said:

@eclipse

Preferable PVE as first step and when that is done(now doing the towerquests) and after that, PVP.

But I don´t really like the PVP-Content now

PvE is "look at the enemy team's weapons and make sure you have hard counters".

If you're not too sold on PvP, then the best I can suggest is to make sure you have a bonus hero, and build a team around him/her.  Aim for 4,000 at minimum.

7 minutes ago, Dayni said:

I do have Hinoka, which makes raising Subaki up make less sense except for a flying squad (Which with what I have would be pretty lancelocked).

And the others do have other units who do their jobs pretty well (Wrys would likely be great at it when he ranks up, but I have 2 4* staff users already, Virion has Setsuna and Niles covering bows and Fir is covered by Lon'qu)

Should I promote 3* Michalis or not at all, just to ask now?

The only true duplicate is Wrys.  Subaki/Hinoka share different niches, as do Virion/Setsuna/Niles and Fir/Lon'qu.  If you need a flying tank, then one of Subaki/Michalis (since there's only two of him in the game).  If you want an archer that hits hard and applies a nasty debuff, Virion.  If you want a swordie that can tank manaketes, Fir.