"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd say that the +Spd/-Res can be Distant Def/Guard fodder, but you can merge if you plan to use him long-term. He'd like to have his Res at neutral.

19 minutes ago, TheSilentChloey said:

I pulled two Caineghis, one +Spd/-Res and one +Def/-Res, so who should I fodder/or should I merge?

I would turn the +Spd into a Combat Manual, and I would keep the +Def one. I think the best Asset is either +Atk or +Res, depending on the application.

+Atk is better for dual phasing in my opinion, with a focus on the Player Phase portion; if Caineghis kills the most threatening unit on Player Phase, then he will have less need for +Def/Res on Enemy Phase.

+Res is better for Enemy Phase to better balance his bulk. +Res is also better for armor Galeforcing if you ever decide to use him in PvP, as +Atk has a higher chance of one shotting units, which you do not want to happen if you are Galeforcing.

I personally lean towards merging him, but I would hold off on doing that to make sure you are not in need of his skills over the next few weeks. I do not think Distant Def is that great, since there are better methods of disabling stat buffs using other slots (Lulls on B and Panic Smoke on C), but those options are not cheap either. Vengeful Fighter is very useful though.

So Summer Noire. Looking at the gamepress, she seems to be recommended as either a Brave Bow user or a +SPD optimal boon because apparently doubling is her key thing. I got a +ATK -DEF one for my freebie and first off good lord, her voice lines sound awful, second off, do I go Brave Bow since I don't have a Firesweep Bow on hand to sack, or should I be using her base weapon with Swift Sparrow or some such?

1 hour ago, SoulWeaver said:

So Summer Noire. Looking at the gamepress, she seems to be recommended as either a Brave Bow user or a +SPD optimal boon because apparently doubling is her key thing. I got a +ATK -DEF one for my freebie and first off good lord, her voice lines sound awful, second off, do I go Brave Bow since I don't have a Firesweep Bow on hand to sack, or should I be using her base weapon with Swift Sparrow or some such?

Firesweep archers can use either +Atk or +Spd. I lean slightly towards +Atk so the archer is less likely to be walled off, but either is honestly fine for Firesweep.

Brave Bow archers should stick with +Atk.

The only Player Phase bows I recommend using are Brave Bow (and its equivalents in performance) and Firesweep Bow. The only equivalents to Brave Bow in performance right now are SK!Alm's Luna Arc and Bernadetta's Persecution Bow. Slaying Bow is also an option if the archer is infantry, so they can spam Blazing Specials.

For SA!Noire, if you are going Brave Bow, I recommend the following:
+Atk
Brave Bow
Reposition
Luna
(Any A that boosts Atk/Spd)
Desperation
(Any C)
(Any Sacred Seal that boosts Atk/Spd)
I strongly recommend Life and Death or better for the A slot and Brazen Atk/Spd for the Sacred Seal, to make sure she hits hard and fast enough. You can go Fury on A slot, but it feels a bit weak in my opinion.

If you have Special Spiral, you can go for a Blazing build:
+Atk
Slaying [Atk]
Reposition
Blazing Wind — Blazing Light — Growing Wind
Life and Death
Special Spiral
(Any C) — Savage Blow
Hardy Bearing — Attack +3
Since she targets Def, her Blazing spam would not be as effective as Ophelia's in my opinion, but it should still be decent I think.

Edited by XRay

10 hours ago, SoulWeaver said:

Her base weapon is good enough for general use, she can work with Brave Bow but there are better options for that role.

12 hours ago, XRay said:

Firesweep archers can use either +Atk or +Spd. I lean slightly towards +Atk so the archer is less likely to be walled off, but either is honestly fine for Firesweep.

Brave Bow archers should stick with +Atk.

The only Player Phase bows I recommend using are Brave Bow (and its equivalents in performance) and Firesweep Bow. The only equivalents to Brave Bow in performance right now are SK!Alm's Luna Arc and Bernadetta's Persecution Bow. Slaying Bow is also an option if the archer is infantry, so they can spam Blazing Specials.

For SA!Noire, if you are going Brave Bow, I recommend the following:
+Atk
Brave Bow
Reposition
Luna
(Any A that boosts Atk/Spd)
Desperation
(Any C)
(Any Sacred Seal that boosts Atk/Spd)
I strongly recommend Life and Death or better for the A slot and Brazen Atk/Spd for the Sacred Seal, to make sure she hits hard and fast enough. You can go Fury on A slot, but it feels a bit weak in my opinion.

If you have Special Spiral, you can go for a Blazing build:
+Atk
Slaying [Atk]
Reposition
Blazing Wind — Blazing Light — Growing Wind
Life and Death
Special Spiral
(Any C) — Savage Blow
Hardy Bearing — Attack +3
Since she targets Def, her Blazing spam would not be as effective as Ophelia's in my opinion, but it should still be decent I think.

Life and Death ‘or better’? Can I ask what qualifies as better? Also, Líf + Ishtar has me pretty sold on Desperation, but if you’re running it and a Brazen Seal, wouldn’t Fury be ideal for the HP thresholds?

1 minute ago, SoulWeaver said:

Life and Death ‘or better’? Can I ask what qualifies as better?

Anything that gives Atk/Spd+5 or more. Swift Sparrow 3 and Brazen Atk/Spd are good.

On the other hand, Swift Sparrow 2 and Fury 4 feels a bit more questionable since they only give Atk/Spd+4.

2 minutes ago, SoulWeaver said:

Also, Líf + Ishtar has me pretty sold on Desperation, but if you’re running it and a Brazen Seal, wouldn’t Fury be ideal for the HP thresholds?

Fury is really good for reaching HP thresholds, but the problem with Fury is that it gives you less Atk/Spd to compensate for that convenience.

In some cases, such as in Abyssal maps, you have to use Fury to quickly get into Desperation and Wings of Mercy range, but if you can reach your HP thresholds without using Fury, then I recommend switching out of Fury.

Basically, I think you should give Fury to every standard Player Phase unit, but if you can afford to, I also recommend giving those units a stronger A skill since Fury is not going to cut it sometimes. In the case of Brave Bow, you can use Fury, but I recommend trying to reach your HP thresholds with Life and Death (or anything better) first by eating a counter attack or something. If you cannot reach your HP thresholds in time, then I would recommend switching to Fury.

So... grail units. I wanna +10 one, and am open to ideas. I have more than enough grails to buy all the copies of a unit that I'll need (or at least however many 2,328 can buy me)
EXCEPT there are units that I absolutely refuse to acknowledge:

• "Evil" units I will not acknowledge, even if some of the better grail units are "evil". I'll let you decide who's evil, or just suggest anyone and I'll remind you "nah, Kronya is downright evil."
  • Those that I've +10ed already are obviously off the table. That'd be Legion, Clive, and Walhart.
  • I refuse to go anywhere near Aversa.
  • You could probably pay me to +10 Oliver, otherwise keep me the fuck away from him >:\

3 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

So... grail units. I wanna +10 one, and am open to ideas. I have more than enough grails to buy all the copies of a unit that I'll need (or at least however many 2,328 can buy me)

• "Evil" units I will not acknowledge, even if some of the better grail units are "evil". I'll let you decide who's evil, or just suggest anyone and I'll remind you "nah, Kronya is downright evil."
  • Those that I've +10ed already are obviously off the table. That'd be Legion, Clive, and Walhart.
  • You could probably pay me to +10 Oliver, otherwise keep me the fuck away from him >:\

You'll need 2700 grails to +10 a TT unit, as compared to 1750 for a GHB unit that's been re-run once.

Edited by Humanoid

1 minute ago, Humanoid said:

You'll need 2700 grails to +10 a TT unit, as compared to 1750 for a GHB unit that's been re-run once.

...okay.

So... I'd have had to wait a little while to +10 someone regardless.

Edited by Xenomata

10 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

...okay.

So... I'd have had to wait a little while to +10 someone regardless.

Yeah, 2200 gets you to +9 but the final one is at the maximum capped price of 500 grails which hurts. If not for that, I might have already +10ed Mininerva (the rational choice for raw power) or Valentine's Titania (mostly favouritism, but also Blade tome shenanigans). If not for my distaste for armours then Cecilia or Jaffar might be live choices. I guess Brunnya (evil?) and Young Azura are two other popular choices.

iFor GHB units, which for me would be the rational pick for me - well, If I was forced to pick one right now I guess I'd pick Naesala or Michalis (but evil-ish). Astram and Flame Emperor are popular picks but are awaiting their re-runs. Camus would be here if he ever got a refinement.

This availability table might help. Tiny bit outdated as it hasn't added the +20 grail copies of Mininerva and is yet to add Gangrel or Rhys altogether, but otherwise accurate and might help plan out grail costs.

8 hours ago, Xenomata said:

Naesala with Galeforce is pretty useful, especially when paired with a Heron who can keep up with him. 

Brunnya shuts down debuffs on herself which is pretty useful for tanking. It is not as useful for Player Phase nuking in my opinion, but debuff neutralization is pretty convenient since you do not need to waste a Dance/Sing to get rid of debuffs, although her damage output is pretty limited without Blárblade.

Regal Rabbits Loki is a colorless flying archer. Her Atk is not great, but Firesweep-Poison Strike-Poison Strike is good enough in most cases.

Astram is a decent bonus buffer and functions okay as a combat unit. He could be useful if you need a bonus buffer from Mystery of the Emblem, such as in Limited HBs and Resonant Battles.

I went through my 10+ units and noticed a trend of a distinct lack of good green units (aside from Grimmy who is currently at +9) and I have enough of Female Robin to 10+ her but not enough feathers.  Are there any reasonably cheap but decent green units worth looking into to 10+?

2 minutes ago, TheSilentChloey said:

I went through my 10+ units and noticed a trend of a distinct lack of good green units (aside from Grimmy who is currently at +9) and I have enough of Female Robin to 10+ her but not enough feathers.  Are there any reasonably cheap but decent green units worth looking into to 10+?

Depends in what you need more... melee or ranged?

Just now, TheSilentChloey said:

Probably both, though like I said F Robin is probably next in line as a 10+ unit.

For melee, we have Ross and Echidna, which are both great infantry axe units. And they have the current infantry BST. Reyson is another great option, as a green lying beast unit that can sing and heal.

For Ranged, we have Nino and her great Blade tome and Soren that can be a triple Chill unit thanks to Chill Atk in his tome. Boye can also be used as a def tank mage.

For grails, there are Flame Emperor and Young Azura, but you already have Robin to invest.

Just now, Diovani Bressan said:

For melee, we have Ross and Echidna, which are both great infantry axe units. And they have the current infantry BST. Reyson is another great option, as a green lying beast unit that can sing and heal.

For Ranged, we have Nino and her great Blade tome and Soren that can be a triple Chill unit thanks to Chill Atk in his tome. Boye can also be used as a def tank mage.

For grails, there are Flame Emperor and Young Azura, but you already have Robin to invest.

I'm hoping to make enough green units of each type so that I've got more options to work with.  I believe I have Amy (Young Azura) as a +1 and still have a combat manual Flame Emperor floating around- so I might see if I can't get them to be my next grail projects.

Nino is also +1 (I think, haven't checked) but she's been a bit of a disappointment performance wise (+Spd with Fury/Desperation/Blade tome), so I haven't really done much with her tbh.

1 minute ago, TheSilentChloey said:

Nino is also +1 (I think, haven't checked) but she's been a bit of a disappointment performance wise (+Spd with Fury/Desperation/Blade tome), so I haven't really done much with her tbh.

Are you using her prf tome, right? Isis's Tome?

It's a 14 mt Blade tome without the cooldown penalty. After refinement, it has Even Atk Wave. You can combine it with others Wave skills, or others buffing skills like Oath and Rouse.

23 minutes ago, TheSilentChloey said:

For cheap Player Phase, Raven and Nino are the best in my opinion. Raven is a good Galeforcer and Wings of Mercy beacon. Nino is a really good Blade mage. There most expensive stuff would just be Dew for their Refinements.

For tanks, Hawkeye and Fae are pretty good. I would hold off on building Fae though until we see what she gets for her Refinement.

12 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Reyson is another great option, as a green lying beast unit that can sing and heal.

I would not +10 Dancers/Singers unless you need them to score well. Dancers/Singers should not face combat, so I do no think merging them to +10 is necessary. Getting them to +1 to eliminate a Flaw so they are less likely to die in one hit is generally enough in my opinion.

8 minutes ago, TheSilentChloey said:

Raw damage nukes are all relatively interchangeable. I recommend giving Nino a variety of Specials (Blazing Wind, Growing Wind, Moonbow, Luna, Glimmer, Dragon Fang) to help tackle PvE content since you need to time your Specials to take down a boss.

5 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

It's a 14 mt Blade tome without the cooldown penalty. After refinement, it has Even Atk Wave. You can combine it with others Wave skills, or others buffing skills like Oath and Rouse.

I do not recommend her special Refinement since the player should already be bringing buffs on their Dancers/Singers. I think Spd Refinement is better in my opinion.

Edited by XRay

Don't forget Cherche who just deletes things like a tactical nuke.

I'd say those two plus the aforementioned Raven and Nino are the standouts if we're talking affordable, and Reyson too, though he benefits less from merging since he's a dancer. Fae is another common pick but if you're going to have a +10 Grima, then probably not. Boey might be a fun alternative to Fae.

Flame Emperor becomes more viable once they're re-run. Mininerva and Young Azura are sadly unaffordable, being TT units. Doable, but I don't think they meet the criteria.

Soren and Linus are just inferior alternatives to Nino and Raven, I feel.

Edited by Humanoid

4 hours ago, XRay said:

I do not recommend her special Refinement since the player should already be bringing buffs on their Dancers/Singers. I think Spd Refinement is better in my opinion.

@TheSilentChloey Special refine is good for two things. The first is having a permanent +6 Field Buff to Atk by combining it with Odd Atk Wave. The second is having very strong Even numbered turns with Even Spd Wave and one of the two defensive Waves.

Otherwise yeah there's not much reason to invest in it. The latter is more fun but gimmicky, while the latter is... I mean, it's something, but strong Rallies and ally buffing skills are plentiful enough that you shouldn't need to guarantee her +6 to Atk all the time.

One fun thing you can do, if you have the units for it, is give Nino Bonus Doubler, pair her with Legendary Eliwood (who grants Bonus Doubler status and Atk/Def +6 to the highest Atk unit deployed PLUS Rally Spd/Res+) and a low Atk Beast/Dragon (Ninian and Reyson are preferred since they can Dance/Sing, as is Rafiel if you managed to grab him), and then watch as she has 2 stacks of Bonus Doubler with All Stat +6. While Bonus Doubler doesn't add on to her Bladetome damage, that's still +12 to all stats in addition to the +6 from Field Buffs.
My own +10 Nino, with +10 Dragonflower/Spd refine/Spd +3 SS, has a statspread of 41/53/50/25/32. She becomes VERY strong if Eliwood supports her.

Edited by Xenomata

8 hours ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Are you using her prf tome, right? Isis's Tome?

Nope, I have her base Blade tome and like I said, for me Blade tomes are a disappointment- I have two 10+ Male Morgans that have proved that beyond reasonable doubt given my playstyle that their personal tome is better.  Plus the extra attack via buffs isn't worth the +1 cooldown count which means specials are not getting off each round which my Player Phase boys and Nino by extension require to be any good.

8 hours ago, Humanoid said:

Don't forget Cherche who just deletes things like a tactical nuke.

I'd say those two plus the aforementioned Raven and Nino are the standouts if we're talking affordable, and Reyson too, though he benefits less from merging since he's a dancer. Fae is another common pick but if you're going to have a +10 Grima, then probably not. Boey might be a fun alternative to Fae.

Flame Emperor becomes more viable once they're re-run. Mininerva and Young Azura are sadly unaffordable, being TT units. Doable, but I don't think they meet the criteria.

Soren and Linus are just inferior alternatives to Nino and Raven, I feel.

Cherche is certainly one I forgot about, I think I have a four star copy floating around with decent IVs to boot, so I may look into her after I finish F!Robin, it certainly can't hurt to have a physical IVd Axe unit vs the neutral units.  I have a 4 star Mininerva who I haven't really used since I got Kid Marth, but seeing her used in guides makes me think I probs should start building her up, or Gerome if he's worthwhile.

3 hours ago, Xenomata said:

@TheSilentChloey Special refine is good for two things. The first is having a permanent +6 Field Buff to Atk by combining it with Odd Atk Wave. The second is having very strong Even numbered turns with Even Spd Wave and one of the two defensive Waves.

Otherwise yeah there's not much reason to invest in it. The latter is more fun but gimmicky, while the latter is... I mean, it's something, but strong Rallies and ally buffing skills are plentiful enough that you shouldn't need to guarantee her +6 to Atk all the time.

One fun thing you can do, if you have the units for it, is give Nino Bonus Doubler, pair her with Legendary Eliwood (who grants Bonus Doubler status and Atk/Def +6 to the highest Atk unit deployed PLUS Rally Spd/Res+) and a low Atk Beast/Dragon (Ninian and Reyson are preferred since they can Dance/Sing, as is Rafiel if you managed to grab him), and then watch as she has 2 stacks of Bonus Doubler with All Stat +6. While Bonus Doubler doesn't add on to her Bladetome damage, that's still +12 to all stats in addition to the +6 from Field Buffs.
My own +10 Nino, with +10 Dragonflower/Spd refine/Spd +3 SS, has a statspread of 41/53/50/25/32. She becomes VERY strong if Eliwood supports her.

Unfortunately Legendary Eliwood hates me, so no dice on him and I'm not going out of my way to get him either, I have the distinct level of bad luck in heroes that getting what I want normally doesn't happen.  If I do get him however then maybe, though I get the feeling I won't be getting him any time soon.

Pretty much I need some good inexpensive greens- who are not massively investing intensive and require me to summon x legendary hero to make them work, or x premium skill to make them good.

What are some good candidates to give Galeforce to for Resonant Battles? I would think units that accelerate Special charge or comes with skill(s) that allow automatic follow-up are pretty good. Such units I have are:

Yarne

LH!Ephraim

Edelgard

BH!Roy

Clair

Caeda

Most of my experience with Galeforce comes from using BH!Roy but the skill doesn't activate as much I want it to on other units despite giving them Heavy Blade/Flashing Blade as enemy units increase cooldown count when they're defeated so I also would like some tips on using the skill in this mode.

34 minutes ago, TheSilentChloey said:

Nope, I have her base Blade tome and like I said, for me Blade tomes are a disappointment- I have two 10+ Male Morgans that have proved that beyond reasonable doubt given my playstyle that their personal tome is better.  Plus the extra attack via buffs isn't worth the +1 cooldown count which means specials are not getting off each round which my Player Phase boys and Nino by extension require to be any good.

Her base exclusive tome does not have the cool down penalty, and it only costs SP. You only need Dew for Refinement.

You can stick with your personal play style, but I recommend venturing out and try other play styles from time to time. It makes tackling difficult content much quicker when you get used to one nuke with three Dancers/Singers.

32 minutes ago, TheSilentChloey said:

Pretty much I need some good inexpensive greens- who are not massively investing intensive and require me to summon x legendary hero to make them work, or x premium skill to make them good.

Cherche, Raven, and Nino are my top three picks. Cherche and Nino can get by without using Dew since they could just use their base exclusive Weapons. Raven needs that Special Refinement to compete effectively in my opinion, and having that low bulk really helps with Wings of Mercy.

For Cherche, I am not a huge fan of ploys, so I personally would not recommend her Special Refinement, so if you want to spend Dew on her, I would go with Atk Refine. Even though it is only 1 extra Atk, I think it is more useful than Panic Ploy in my opinion since you do not have to worry about positioning and HP comparisons.

33 minutes ago, Flying Shogi said:

What are some good candidates to give Galeforce to for Resonant Battles? I would think units that accelerate Special charge or comes with skill(s) that allow automatic follow-up are pretty good. Such units I have are:

Yarne

LH!Ephraim

Edelgard

BH!Roy

Clair

Caeda

Most of my experience with Galeforce comes from using BH!Roy but the skill doesn't activate as much I want it to on other units despite giving them Heavy Blade/Flashing Blade as enemy units increase cooldown count when they're defeated so I also would like some tips on using the skill in this mode.

Galeforce is not viable in this mode unless it is Yarne and FE!Edelgard. Yarne is the only unit who can charge Galeforce after battle to offset the foe's cooldown count uncharging. Special Spiral and Ares's Mystletainn only works with Specials that trigger during battle, like Moonbow and Miracle. Wrath and Time's Pulse only work at the start of turn, not after combat. FE!Edelgard can also Galeforce via Raging Storm, but she cannot Galeforce using Galeforce in this mode.

For Yarne, you need to run Heavy Blade on the Sacred Seal slot. I also recommend Fury or Life and Death to get his HP low and use Desperation to avoid counter attacks. Fury is more reliable for reaching HP range quickly, but Life and Death hits harder and faster. Since neither are super expensive, I would just give Yarne both so you can switch between them as necessary.
+Atk/Spd
Bunny Fang
Reposition
Galeforce
Fury — Life and Death
Desperation
(Any C)
Heavy Blade