"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

1 hour ago, jameslove001 said:

I mentioned this in a previous post, but I am an on-again, off-again player so I want to maximize what I have before I take time off again. I am just curious what you think about my current "core team." I basically use these three as my base for every mode and plug and play missing pieces. I will also list some other 5 stars I have that I can substitute. (please excuse subtitles, I forget people's nicknames for some units that have multiple forms in the game, and tried to identify which version they were)

Team: Veronica - Brave Princess, Micaiah - Queen of Dawn (Green Tome), Fjorm - Princess of Ice

Basically I like the team since Veronica can heal or reduce damage, Micaiah destroys horsies and armored units and Fjorm endures abuse well. I haven't inherited any skills, so they are using base kits. 

Other 5 stars at my disposal are Tiki - Torpid Dragon, Sothis - Girl on the Throne, Surtr, Ike - Vangaurd Legend, Ced, Nailah, Innes - Flawless Form, Dorothea (my current favorite fourth member), Yune, Peony, Eir, Tibarn, Ninian, Tana - Winged Princess, Lucina, the Askr Trio, Xander, Lorenz, Eirika - Anamnesis Lady, Kjelle, Reinhardt, and a second copy of Tiki.

Any thoughts on changes would be helpful

They're all good units, certainly. I think with those available, my default would probably be Veronica, Micaiah, Peony, and Sothis, to have access to all three colors as well as a dancer.

I also recommend doing a bit of SI to at least round out your skill sets, so your most used units don't have any empty slots like assists or specials. If you don't have much fodder available, don't worry much about specifics, just whatever you have on duplicates of common units that looks like it might be relevant. (Such as an Atk or Res-based special for Micaiah and something like Reposition, Draw Back, or Swap for anyone with an empty assist slot.)

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, SoulWeaver said:

So a run for Summer Wolt for that coveted Brazen for Noire(and I thought they did my boi dirty at first haha) resulted in a second Micaiah and a Fallen Mareeta, at which point I cut my losses because apparently I only need like 30 Orbs to hit two phenomenal 5S exclusives and...a Micaiah, for whatever she’s worth. Anyways, my free pull was also the coveted Broadleaf Fan - I mean, Summer Lilina, with -HP +DEF, which in a staggering coincidence is also the IVs of my OG Lilina, huh. Anyways, are these two(Lilina/Mareeta) good to just use their base kits or should I be working with some specialized crap or something?

For Darkness Within Mareeta, if you are using her to bust tanks, her vanilla kit is fine.

If you are using her as a general purpose nuke, I would replace her Special and A with Moonbow and a skill that boosts Atk/Spd. For general purpose raw damage output, Moonbow will generally outperform Luna since Moonbow activates more frequently, so the unit can run another skill on the Sacred Seal slot for more stat boosts instead of running Flashing Blade/Heavy Blade trying to get activate a higher cooldown Special to trigger more consistently. Luna generally is not worth it in my opinion unless you are trying to bust Def/Res tanks, as their Def/Res is high enough that Luna-Flashing Blade/Heavy Blade will give more damage compared Moonbow-Swift Sparrow/Brazen Atk/Spd.

Standard Player Phase:
+Spd
Shadow Sword
Reposition
Moonbow
(Any A that boosts Atk/Spd) — Life and Death (cheapest option)
(Any B) — Lull Spd/Def
(Any C)
(Any Sacred Seal that boosts Atk/Spd)

7 hours ago, SoulWeaver said:

I also managed to pull Summer Byleth because apparently when I need people in swimsuits other people in swimsuits start throwing themselves on me I don’t know I never asked for these superpowers anyways, how’s she build?

If you are not using her in any difficult content, her base kit is fine.

If you need to use her in more demanding modes though, I would replace her Chill with Desperation, as her Duo Desperation is not able to activate frequently enough. If she faces a lot of combat, I would also replace her Push with another A skill like Fury or Life and Death.

3 hours ago, Othin said:

Also, what nature is preferred for DC-VF Sheena? Mine is currently +Def, but while I'm merging her, I could easily switch to +Res or +Atk. Since her Def is a lot higher and magic attacks can hit pretty hard, I'm leaning towards +Res.

Her Atk is pretty crap, but her Refinement does offset that by quite a bit. I lean towards +Atk if she is in a Ward Armor ball since it is pretty easy to Swap around with her teammates to tag out to avoid danger. If she is more out there though in other team compositions, I lean more towards +Res since it is harder to extract her out of enemy range.

3 hours ago, TheSilentChloey said:

Against Cavalry like the ones in the CCs, that don't get immediately deleted on player phase or that stupid red archer pinning my damn fliers I think I'd have more than enough reason to just go with my EP teams.  At least Grima can handle that bullshit map.

Most cavalry and armor units are pretty easy to kill even in higher difficulty Chain Challenges. Cavalry units lack bulk in general, and generic armor units have real crappy Res. The only Summer Passing/Overseas Memories units with any sort of Res is SP!Lute and OM!Dorothea, and Blade mages have no issue killing either of them.

2 hours ago, jameslove001 said:

I mentioned this in a previous post, but I am an on-again, off-again player so I want to maximize what I have before I take time off again. I am just curious what you think about my current "core team." I basically use these three as my base for every mode and plug and play missing pieces. I will also list some other 5 stars I have that I can substitute. (please excuse subtitles, I forget people's nicknames for some units that have multiple forms in the game, and tried to identify which version they were)

Team: Veronica - Brave Princess, Micaiah - Queen of Dawn (Green Tome), Fjorm - Princess of Ice

Basically I like the team since Veronica can heal or reduce damage, Micaiah destroys horsies and armored units and Fjorm endures abuse well. I haven't inherited any skills, so they are using base kits. 

Other 5 stars at my disposal are Tiki - Torpid Dragon, Sothis - Girl on the Throne, Surtr, Ike - Vangaurd Legend, Ced, Nailah, Innes - Flawless Form, Dorothea (my current favorite fourth member), Yune, Peony, Eir, Tibarn, Ninian, Tana - Winged Princess, Lucina, the Askr Trio, Xander, Lorenz, Eirika - Anamnesis Lady, Kjelle, Reinhardt, and a second copy of Tiki.

Any thoughts on changes would be helpful

You can just use one team for now, but I recommend eventually building more teams to tackle different modes, as teams built for Aether Raids are very different from teams built for Arena.

Personally, I prefer player phase ranged units over enemy phase units, so I would swap out Fjorm: Princess of Ice for Reinhardt or Eirika: Anamnesis Lady, and you can run Peony as the Dancer/Singer. In my opinion, Enemy Phase units are generally more of a hassle to use since they need a lot of healing and maintenance, and you also need to do more calculations manually for higher difficulty content to make sure your tank can survive. For player phase teams, the game automatically does the calculations for you and tells you the outcome of the battle results, so there is no need to hassle with math and worry about whether something your units will survive or not.

Edited by XRay

42 minutes ago, Othin said:

They're all good units, certainly. I think with those available, my default would probably be Veronica, Micaiah, Peony, and Sothis, to have access to all three colors as well as a dancer.

I also recommend doing a bit of SI to at least round out your skill sets, so your most used units don't have any empty slots like assists or specials. If you don't have much fodder available, don't worry much about specifics, just whatever you have on duplicates of common units that looks like it might be relevant. (Such as an Atk or Res-based special for Micaiah and something like Reposition, Draw Back, or Swap for anyone with an empty assist slot.)

Thanks. I haven't really learned how to use Sothis, and Peony has been a slow project for me. I think Dorothea jumped her because she has been a bonus unit. I was actually just about to give Micaiah Draw Back because of the Robin map today. I agree that if I am going to use them, I need to fill any holes.

19 minutes ago, XRay said:

You can just use one team for now, but I recommend eventually building more teams to tackle different modes, as teams built for Aether Raids are very different from teams built for Arena.

Personally, I prefer player phase ranged units over enemy phase units, so I would swap out Fjorm: Princess of Ice for Reinhardt or Eirika: Anamnesis Lady, and you can run Peony as the Dancer/Singer. In my opinion, Enemy Phase units are generally more of a hassle to use since they need a lot of healing and maintenance, and you also need to do more calculations manually for higher difficulty content to make sure your tank can survive. For player phase teams, the game automatically does the calculations for you and tells you the outcome of the battle results, so there is no need to hassle with math and worry about whether something your units will survive or not.

I actually am working on an arena team and then going to work on aether after. I was thinking of using Tiki, Surtr and Sothis as my base for the arena, because of their high value. I just don't have my Askr trio ready for bonus units (been using Rhys and not Dorothea for that until the others are built up). In all honesty, I need to go and read up on aether teams...I have no idea how to build a good team there.

34 minutes ago, XRay said:

Her Atk is pretty crap, but her Refinement does offset that by quite a bit. I lean towards +Atk if she is in a Ward Armor ball since it is pretty easy to Swap around with her teammates to tag out to avoid danger. If she is more out there though in other team compositions, I lean more towards +Res since it is harder to extract her out of enemy range.

I'm not using her in Ward Armor balls - she's currently set for an Arena team that can't use Swap because of the SP requirements, and I'm interested in trying her out in AR but she won't get much armor support there. So probably Res. Between her weapon and VF+Aether, she seems to deal plenty of damage even without +Atk.

13 minutes ago, jameslove001 said:

Thanks. I haven't really learned how to use Sothis, and Peony has been a slow project for me. I think Dorothea jumped her because she has been a bonus unit. I was actually just about to give Micaiah Draw Back because of the Robin map today. I agree that if I am going to use them, I need to fill any holes.

That makes sense. Sothis is generally pretty easy to use, you just throw her at things and she kills them and heals herself.

5 hours ago, Othin said:

I'm not using her in Ward Armor balls - she's currently set for an Arena team that can't use Swap because of the SP requirements, and I'm interested in trying her out in AR but she won't get much armor support there. So probably Res. Between her weapon and VF+Aether, she seems to deal plenty of damage even without +Atk.

Hm... For Arena, what about running Galeforce-Bold Fighter-Armor March/Armor Stride? She will be easier to maneuver.

23 minutes ago, XRay said:

Hm... For Arena, what about running Galeforce-Bold Fighter-Armor March/Armor Stride? She will be easier to maneuver.

I'm happy with her set as-is for now, and I think enemy phase suits her better than player phase.

Ferdie got a needed update:

ferdinand_build__feh_by_thesilentchloey_

He now reaches 54 base speed when he's alone.

My biggest question is what his full 10+ stats will be since I have more than enough copies to do just that.

1 minute ago, TheSilentChloey said:

Ferdie got a needed update:

ferdinand_build__feh_by_thesilentchloey_

He now reaches 54 base speed when he's alone.

My biggest question is what his full 10+ stats will be since I have more than enough copies to do just that.

To get a hero's +10 stats, you take their +0 neutral stats, then apply the "bonus" from the first merge level (removing a bane, or adding +1 to three stats), then add 4 to everything.

For +Atk Ferdinand, that ends up with 45 HP, 39 Atk, 39 Spd, 34 Def, and 28 Res, before accounting for dragonflowers and the weapon. With full flowers and a +Spd Vanguard, that's 51 HP, 54 Atk, 43 Spd, 35 Def, and 29 Res.

29 minutes ago, Othin said:

To get a hero's +10 stats, you take their +0 neutral stats, then apply the "bonus" from the first merge level (removing a bane, or adding +1 to three stats), then add 4 to everything.

For +Atk Ferdinand, that ends up with 45 HP, 39 Atk, 39 Spd, 34 Def, and 28 Res, before accounting for dragonflowers and the weapon. With full flowers and a +Spd Vanguard, that's 51 HP, 54 Atk, 43 Spd, 35 Def, and 29 Res.

Thanks XD

Quick question, when all of a row of Divine Code manuals (normal) have been exhausted, what happens to the row? Is it restocked and starts again from the first unit, or is it just completely exhausted and cannot be bought from again?

50 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

Quick question, when all of a row of Divine Code manuals (normal) have been exhausted, what happens to the row? Is it restocked and starts again from the first unit, or is it just completely exhausted and cannot be bought from again?

It's one and done.

i911zct9nb951.jpg

source

3 minutes ago, TheSilentChloey said:

How detrimental is Summer Dorothea's IVs (-Atk/+Def) knowing I won't be getting a merge until next year at the earliest.

As a support unit, her nature does not really matter as she will be Dancing/Singing most of the time.

For Dancers/Singers and support units in general, -Atk is useful when you are using a team that relies on Eliwood: Blazing Knight, Openings, and Gaps, and similar skills and team set ups, so the Dancer/Singer is not competing with combat units who need those buffs.

It is also useful on defense teams in PvP to make them harder to bait.

Basically, -Atk on a support unit is generally a good thing, so I would not worry too much about it. If you really want to use a support unit for combat too, you can just merge the Flaw away in the future. Natures for most support units generally is not a huge deal.

On 7/14/2020 at 2:03 AM, XRay said:

While 20,000 Feathers sounds like a lot, it only represents about 1 week of game play, and the average player probably earns quite a bit more than that.

I forgot to put that back in when I was typing my post. I had something on it, but then forgot about it. It's been six days and summons have occurred, but my plan for feathers was to complete merging Echidna who right now is +8 and probably will be +9 when all the limited Divine Codes are roughly gotten -- I know I can get an Echidna manual now, but if I don't have time to do things, I'd rather get the 5* manuals first even if they're not great like summer Leo -- and in addition to having a backup amount of feathers, reserving around 200k feathers for a 3* to 4* summonable or grail merge project. Right now, I have 500k feathers, so between Echidna and 200k feathers reserved for a merge project, I would have around 258k to 260k feathers depending on what the last copy of Echidna ends up showing as. 260k feathers is all right for me, but I'd rather have closer to 300k to 400k for a backup considering future GHB units that I want as a 5* immediately like Arvis, Ashnard, Aversa, Iago, and Kronya among others and reflecting the current situation like Arvis was my first real offensive red mage since my luck was horrible back then with Tharja and even Lilina not showing up; the first Tempest Trials was not fun.

So for me, 20k feathers is a lot and it was still a lot when I had 700k or 800k a while ago. Then again, I'm the type of gamer who is stingy about using resources in general. It's late game and elixirs are easy to come by? Nah, let's either not heal at all or rely on curative magic despite having low magic because I didn't want to use MP potions either.

While Atk/Spd Solo is not bad, the reason I recommend Atk/Spd Solo for staff units is because regular player phase units can use Swift Sparrow and Life and Death, make better use of Brazen Atk/Spd, and all three skills are a lot easier to use. Atk/Spd Solo is not that great on regular nukes due to its positioning requirements, and while it is not as crap as Bonds, it is still far from ideal as nukes will oftentimes be adjacent to allies and it simply is not practical to have them move to a new position all the time.

I know and understand why you suggested healers. I just don't really have any healer I would really want to give Atk/Spd Solo to or because their stats aren't that great. Still, as I noted before Atk/Spd Solo is like Swift Sparrow where it's on a lot units, but it's difficult to get it because it's 5* locked and on someone else who has other skills that I don't find as expensive, then sure, I would give it to a healer.

With positioning, there are times when you can't make it work, but I feel like at least for beast fliers, well, Naesala since Tibarn has Sturdy Impact which is good enough, and cavalry, it's not as bad since it's easier for them to get away from their allies unlike with the other movement types.

If you really do not want to give it to a staff unit, the only other type of unit I can think that can use Solos somewhat well are dual phase Galeforcers. For Atk/Spd Solo you want to use it on a high Spd unit, and also probably give them a defensive B skill that is active on both phases. Null Follow-Up, Close Call/Repel, Lulls, etc. are premium options, but there is also Dull Close if you do not mind spending Grails, and Guard (its HP requirement sucks though) and Breakers for really cheap options. The main issue with dual phase Galeforcers in my opinion is that they do not feel that great, at least when I used them. While it is nice to be able to have them break away from the main team and do their own thing, that kind of play style is very hard to support properly using a regular team, so if the Galeforcer gets into trouble, it is hard to extract them out of enemy range. I am also not super convinced that the dual phase portion for those Galeforcers is really that necessary either, although it certainly is fun and mesmerizing to watch them auto battle on easy modes like Training Tower and Special Training Maps.

Dual phase Galeforce makes me think of Nephenee where someone solo cleared fallen Takumi with that build letting her charge up Galeforce on either phase. That was a while ago and before Solo skills were a thing I believe. To which at the current state of the game, I would agree with you that dual phase Galeforce isn't that great. It can work and it would be cool to watch for solo clears, but I don't think it would be as feasible in other modes including PvE maps like legendary and mythic hero battles considering all the shenanigans that can go on nowadays. I think you would want someone, probably an infantry unit for more flexible movement and access to certain skills like Close Call/Repel, Null C-Disrupt, and Null Follow-Up, with a stat spread like merchant Anna's, but with even more bulk and speed and a weapon like Demonic Breath/Fimbulvetr, something to negate debuffs, thus allowing the unit to retain their speed and bulk, and that would work on either phase which Balmung and the Krises' weapons can also do, but not as flexible as being debuffed or being at less than full health to negate debuffs and get stat boosts too.

The Velouria I just summoned has me considering dropping Atk/Spd Solo 3 and Galeforce onto her, but with the whole buddy thing going on for her Wolfpup Fang and if she's running Wings of Mercy to be a Galeforce follow-up unit or whatever, then Atk/Spd Solo 3 isn't that useful. Atk/Spd Bond or Form would or a simple Fury or L&D.

A simpler question I think I should move onto being answered is Brunnya. I'm not sure how to proceed with her. Figured I should give her an astra blessing so I could have another ranged unit other than Kronya. She's been helpful, I'm not sure what to give her. I gave her Iceberg for when I need a lower cooldown special or for timing reasons on PvE maps and Atk Smoke 3 as an alternative to her Res Smoke. The things I have seen run on her I don't have access to like for pure ranged tanking Distant Def 3 or 4 or a Lull Atk/X or they're attached to units who I would rather inherit onto someone else like Null C-Disrupt I only have a spare Nailah and it would probably be better given to CYL Ike or someone else if I would rather have a different B passive for CYL Ike or Null Follow-Up 3 from a spare legendary Alm where inheriting it along with Darting Blow 4 probably should go to someone with high speed and a Desperation effect like Athena. Her B passive is the main issue. Perhaps Dull Ranged? I guess I could give her a -breaker, Renewal, Vantage, or even Desperation. A passive Fury should be fine as being targeted by Chills isn't a problem for her much and recoil damage at least after the first round of combat is fine for her to activate Fimbulvetr's effect.

I wish Distant Def 3, Warding Stance 3, and Bracing Stance 2, Kestral Stance 2, Mirror Stance 2, and Swift Stance 2 were in the 3* to 4* summoning pool and were inheritable from a 4* unit...

1 hour ago, TheSilentChloey said:

I have a spare Male Kris, as I got my main copy, (+Atk/-Spd).  So does he want a merge or will say, Lucy like his new B skill?

Which Lucy? Regular, masked, or CYL?

Even then and assuming Lucy is merged, I would suggest giving Spurn to someone faster. Otherwise, +Atk M!Kris would be neat with DC replacing his suspiciously underwhelming default A passive of HP/Spd.

1 hour ago, Kaden said:

Which Lucy? Regular, masked, or CYL?

Even then and assuming Lucy is merged, I would suggest giving Spurn to someone faster. Otherwise, +Atk M!Kris would be neat with DC replacing his suspiciously underwhelming default A passive of HP/Spd.

OG Lucina who is 10+ and has 44 base spd.

12 hours ago, TheSilentChloey said:

OG Lucina who is 10+ and has 44 base spd.

Neutral or +Spd? If neutral, then she should have 40 base speed and 42 after enough Dragonflowers that would give her 2 more speed since she's a pre-book 3 melee infantry who can be given 10 Dragonflowers. If +Spd, then she should have 43 base speed and 45 after Dragonflowers. I also have no idea what skills you had her inherit.

This is my personal, pretty absurd belief: 50 base neutral speed unmerged is too slow. So, no weapons or skills factoring in. Simply pure 50 base neutral speed. The absurdity is that no unit has 50 base neutral speed in the game. Yet. Now, lets get that idiotic idea out of the way.

I feel like Close Call, Repel, Spurn, and whatever later skills like them: like probably a Drag Back or Lunge version, are best used by units at the upper echelon of speed. The reason being that if your unmerged base speed is already at +40 base neutral speed, then it would be easier to have that large of a gap in speed compared to other units and, thus, get as close to if not meet the 40% max damage reduction. Maybe it's not necessary to get +35% damage reduction all the time and it's not that useful against units with similar speed or even worse, the unit is getting doubled by even faster units, but better safe than sorry for me. Aside from most of those units being 5* locked, the problem is that the speed ceiling is ever-growing. Today's fast unit will be tomorrow's slow unit.

Just to start off with a foundation, the slowest base neutral speed at which a unit has Close Call, Repel, or Spurn is 40. They are Larcei (Repel), the Krises (Spurn), and Say'ri (Close Call). Including them and all other units at 40 base neutral speed speed would be:

* has a Spd superasset, (G) is a grail unit, and (D10) is a unit who can have 10 Dragonflowers giving them the ability to have 2 more speed instead of 1 when using Dragonflowers.

Spoiler

40 speed: Alm & Celica*, merchant Anna*, F!Byleth*, Karla* (D10), the Krises* (Spurn), Larcei* (Repel), Mia (D10), and Say'ri* (Close Call).

41 speed: fallen Mareeta*.

42 speed: berserk Ike* (Repel) and regular Mareeta* (Close Call).

+Spd Lucina has 39 base speed from her 36 base neutral speed. Let's add her and the other units with 39 base neutral speed: CYL Celica, Lon'qu, Rinkah, and Rutger.

Spoiler

39 speed: CYL Celica (D10), Lon'qu (D10). +Spd Lucina (D10), Rinkah*, and Rutger* (G).

40 speed: Alm & Celica*, merchant Anna*, F!Byleth*, Karla* (D10), the Krises* (Spurn), Larcei* (Repel), Mia (D10), and Say'ri* (Close Call).

Of those units, only Alm & Celica, merchant Anna, CYL Celica, and Lon'qu have a preferred weapon with Spd+3 or some sort of always active speed boosting effect which I will build on later. At this point, I feel like 38 maybe 37 base neutral speed is pushing it for running Close Call, Repel, or Spurn. It can work, but maybe Lull Atk/Spd or Lull Spd/Def would be better not only to give them a speed boost, but also to negate speed field buffs to at least prevent the unit from getting doubled. Including units with 37 base speed would add in commander Anna who does not have access to merges, Athena, Ayra, M!Byleth, Hilda, Leif, Lyn, kid Marth, Navarre, Owain, Phina, and legendary Roy.

Spoiler

37 speed: Ayra (D10), Hilda, non-resplendent Lyn (D10), kid Marth, Navarre (D10, G), Owain (D10), and Phina.

38 speed: commander Anna (D10), Athena (D10), M!Byleth*, Leif (D10), and legendary Roy.

39 speed: CYL Celica (D10), Lon'qu (D10), resplendent Lyn (D10), +Spd Lucina (D10), Rinkah*, and Rutger* (G).

Returning to weapons with some kind of constant speed boosting effect, I would like to include units who hit at least 40 speed with their preferred weapon. I will not include weapons that while easy to activate their speed boosting effect such as Hana's Katana's Swift Sparrow unique refinement or Shannan's Balmung's Spectrum Stance that also works against foes at 100% HP, is not active at all times. Preferred weapons are not always, well, preferred or optimal on a unit, but at least recently, most of them are pretty good. Also, not all weapons really mesh well with the skill like Athena and Lyn have Desperation on their weapons, so they probably would rather have something to boost damage or Null Follow-Up to break through follow-up prevention effects. This would add in Raven and bump up Alm & Celica, merchant Anna, CYL Celica, Ayra, Hilda, Lon'qu, kid Marth, and Phina.

Spoiler

37 speed: non-resplendent Lyn (D10), Navarre (D10, G), and Owain (D10).

38 speed: commander Anna (D10), Athena (D10), M!Byleth*, Leif (D10), and legendary Roy.

39 speed: +Spd Lucina (D10), resplendent Lyn (D10), Rinkah*, Rutger* (G).

40 speed: Ayra (D10), F!Byleth*, Hilda, Karla* (D10), the Krises* (Spurn), Larcei* (Repel), kid Marth, Mia (D10), Phina, Raven (D10), and Say'ri* (Close Call).

42 speed: CYL Celica (D10), berserk Ike* (Repel), and regular Mareeta* (Close Call).

43 speed: Alm & Celica* and merchant Anna*.

44 speed: Lon'qu (D10).

If I add in preferred weapons that let the unit hit 39 speed, then it would add in witch Celica, legendary Marth, and Shannan. Also, there is Linus who reaches 38 speed from sharing Basilikos with Raven. So far, none of the other melee non-beast, non-dragon infantry units with 35 base neutral speed have a preferred weapon with Spd+3 as witch Celica jumps up by 4 with refined Beloved Zofia's no HP requirement Spectrum Push and Raven jumps up by 5 with Basilikos's L&D3 effect. Barst is 2 points too slow to meet at least 38 speed with Devil Axe's no HP requirement Spectrum Push effect, but given its Wrath unique refinement, speed might not be as important for a double Wrath build.

Spoiler

38 speed: commander Anna (D10), Athena (D10), M!Byleth*, Leif (D10), Linus (D10, G), and legendary Roy.

39 speed: witch Celica (D10), +Spd Lucina (D10), resplendent Lyn (D10), legendary Marth (D10), Rinkah*, Rutger* (G), and Shannan.

40 speed: Ayra (D10), F!Byleth*, Hilda, Karla* (D10), the Krises* (Spurn), Larcei* (Repel), kid Marth, Mia (D10), Phina, Raven (D10), and Say'ri* (Close Call).

42 speed: CYL Celica (D10), berserk Ike* (Repel), and regular Mareeta* (Close Call).

Adding in units using speed refined, non-preferred weapons who can hit at least 39 speed would add in anyone with 36 base neutral speed and so on for +37 base neutral speed units. For the 36 base neutral speed units: Annette, Astram, Echidna, Fir, Gerik, Hana, =Spd regular, CYL, and masked Lucina, Marisa, Osian, Silvia, and summer Ylgr. For those with a preferred weapon, then that would forgo using whatever it is and for some of them, they're useful for other roles like Annette, Astram, and CYL Lucina are good support units, Fir probably wants the extra damage from unique refined Nameless Blade over a bit more speed when her base neutral attack is 25, Hana can anti-armor and does have Swift Sparrow 2 with her katana's unique refinement, and Osian is the only other Distant Counter axe infantry where his might be conditional over Dorcas's Stout Tomahawk, but he does have a Killer effect.

Speaking of Osian, he's probably the only 36 base neutral speed unit other than Astram I would consider giving Close Call, Repel, or Spurn on and that's purely because of Vouge's Killer and >= 50% HP Distant Counter effect, so you are free to run whatever A passive you want. Keep Mirror Stance 3 and Darting Stance 3 or whatever seal or swap it out for a different speed boosting A passive like Kestral Stance 3 or later on, Swift Stance 3 to give him the extra speed to make good use of Close Call, Repel, or Spurn where Spurn probably is the better one to help with damage or at least heal back with Noontime or Sol if he has a Breath effect through his A passive or through support like with CYL Lucina.

To be clear, I am not telling you to not give Spurn or whatever to regular Lucina and a +10 one at that. It can work where once again, especially since she is +10 and we have people like @XRay if I recall correctly running Close Call/Repel on a +Spd CYL Ike as speed stacking can go a long way. And the weapons thing was harsh since I excluded weapons that have relatively easy speed boosting effects like Selena's attack is so low even with +Atk that she should be able to have Atk/Spd/Def/Res+3 against, say, 80% to 90% of her foes, and that would mean she would have 38 speed most of the time.

It is just from my perspective, I would rather give it to someone else with a much higher, unmerged base neutral speed. My perspective being that an unmerged =Spd regular Mareeta has 42 base speed which is 6 more speed than a =Spd Lucina and only 3 less than a +Spd, +10 merged, and +10 Dragonflowers Lucina. And if Mareeta were to not be adjacent to anyone, then by default she gets 10 speed from her sword and Atk/Spd Solo 3 giving her 52 speed where I cannot compared with your Lucina since I don't know what refinement you chose for Falchion or if she is using Sealed Falchion instead and what her A passive is. What I can say is that even at that speed, Mareeta or anyone else at that speed tier gets doubled and without a follow-up effect involved. Ced somehow showed up as +Spd on his debut banner. He has 39 base neutral speed and 42 with +Spd, the same as speed as =Spd Mareeta, but Winds of Silesses's Spd+3 and Atk/Spd Solo 3 and his default Spd/Res Solo 3 allows him to reach 57 speed as he gets a total of +15 speed, giving him the exact difference in speed, 5 more speed, to double an unmerged =Spd Mareeta regardless if she is solo or not without any buffs or debuffs on either of them. That was quite something when I found out he could do that. Sure, he's a green mage attacking a red sword infantry, but it made me think that the fastest of units can never have too much speed and that going back to my absurd belief, 50 base neutral speed unmerged is slow.

If it were me, I would rather give Lucina Lull Atk/Spd or Lull Spd/Def over Close Call, Repel, or Spurn. But once again, that's me. It's up to you what you want to do.

Edited by Kaden

9 hours ago, Kaden said:

A simpler question I think I should move onto being answered is Brunnya. I'm not sure how to proceed with her. Figured I should give her an astra blessing so I could have another ranged unit other than Kronya. She's been helpful, I'm not sure what to give her. I gave her Iceberg for when I need a lower cooldown special or for timing reasons on PvE maps and Atk Smoke 3 as an alternative to her Res Smoke. The things I have seen run on her I don't have access to like for pure ranged tanking Distant Def 3 or 4 or a Lull Atk/X or they're attached to units who I would rather inherit onto someone else like Null C-Disrupt I only have a spare Nailah and it would probably be better given to CYL Ike or someone else if I would rather have a different B passive for CYL Ike or Null Follow-Up 3 from a spare legendary Alm where inheriting it along with Darting Blow 4 probably should go to someone with high speed and a Desperation effect like Athena. Her B passive is the main issue. Perhaps Dull Ranged? I guess I could give her a -breaker, Renewal, Vantage, or even Desperation. A passive Fury should be fine as being targeted by Chills isn't a problem for her much and recoil damage at least after the first round of combat is fine for her to activate Fimbulvetr's effect.

As a super tank, assuming she is used just against ranged defense teams, Brunnya would want some kind Solo or Stance. I lean towards Stances for more focus on enemy phase, but if you need her to do play phase stuff a lot too, then Solos would be a better option. If you need the super tank to go against melee units too, I am not sure if Brunnya can handle it, but you can still try with Close Counter. For her B, I would go with Lull Atk/Spd or Null Follow-Up. For her C, I would go with Atk Smoke, Panic Smoke, or Pulse Smoke.

If you have do not have access to those skills or do not wish to fodder the units you currently have, then I would just wait until you can get those skills. You can use Dull Ranged or Guard in the meantime.

Iceberg takes too long to charge in my opinion since she is not slow enough to be consistently doubled by enemy units. I would go with Moonbow or Ruptured Sky. You generally want to activate a Special during every round of combat, or activate it as frequently as possible if the unit cannot do every round of combat.

I would not recommend Null C-Disrupt since Firesweepers simply is not really a huge threat to super tanks.

14 hours ago, TheSilentChloey said:

I have a spare Male Kris, as I got my main copy, (+Atk/-Spd).  So does he want a merge or will say, Lucy like his new B skill?

What are you trying to have her do? I would not slap any premium skill on any unit unless you have a clear idea of what you want the unit to do.

If you are using her as a player phase unit, Desperation is still the best, so I would not bother with Spurn. I would just stick with a standard player phase build:
+Spd
Sealed Falchion
Reposition
Moonbow — Ruptured Sky
(Any A that boosts Atk/Spd)
Desperation
(Any C)

I would only give her Spurn if you are using her as a dual phase unit, and even then, I do not think she is that great as a dual phase unit due to her low bulk. She will be okay in Tempest Trials and Lunatic difficulty, but I am not sure she is going to fare very well on Infernal or Abyssal.
+Spd
Falchion [Spd Refine]
Reposition
Moonbow — Ruptured Sky
Atk/Spd Solo
Spurn — Close Call — Repel — Null Follow-Up — Guard — Lull Atk/Spd
Atk Smoke
Atk/Spd Solo (not yet released)
You want to switch back to regular Falchion and go with Spd Refine, as dual phase units generally want HP to be as high as possible. For the B slot, you want something defensive that preserves bulk and works on both phases. For her Sacred Seal, you can just run Spd/Res Solo for now.

Dual Phase Galeforcer:
Falchion [Spd Refine]
Reposition
Moonbow — Ruptured Sky
Atk/Spd Solo
Time's Pulse — Atk Smoke
Flashing Blade — Heavy Blade

9 hours ago, Kaden said:

Neutral or +Spd? If neutral, then she should have 40 base speed and 42 after enough Dragonflowers that would give her 2 more speed since she's a pre-book 3 melee infantry who can be given 10 Dragonflowers. If +Spd, then she should have 43 base speed and 45 after Dragonflowers. I also have no idea what skills you had her inherit.

This is my personal, pretty absurd belief: 50 base neutral speed unmerged is too slow. So, no weapons or skills factoring in. Simply pure 50 base neutral speed. The absurdity is that no unit has 50 base neutral speed in the game. Yet. Now, lets get that idiotic idea out of the way.

I feel like Close Call, Repel, Spurn, and whatever later skills like them: like probably a Drag Back or Lunge version, are best used by units at the upper echelon of speed. The reason being that if your unmerged base speed is already at +40 base neutral speed, then it would be easier to have that large of a gap in speed compared to other units and, thus, get as close to if not meet the 40% max damage reduction. Maybe it's not necessary to get +35% damage reduction all the time and it's not that useful against units with similar speed or even worse, the unit is getting doubled by even faster units, but better safe than sorry for me. Aside from most of those units being 5* locked, the problem is that the speed ceiling is ever-growing. Today's fast unit will be tomorrow's slow unit.

Just to start off with a foundation, the slowest base neutral speed at which a unit has Close Call, Repel, or Spurn is 40. They are Larcei (Repel), the Krises (Spurn), and Say'ri (Close Call). Including them and all other units at 40 base neutral speed speed would be:

* has a Spd superasset, (G) is a grail unit, and (D10) is a unit who can have 10 Dragonflowers giving them the ability to have 2 more speed instead of 1 when using Dragonflowers.

Reveal hidden contents

+Spd Lucina has 39 base speed from her 36 base neutral speed. Let's add her and the other units with 39 base neutral speed: CYL Celica, Lon'qu, Rinkah, and Rutger.

Reveal hidden contents

39 speed: CYL Celica (D10), Lon'qu (D10). +Spd Lucina (D10), Rinkah*, and Rutger* (G).

Of those units, only Alm & Celica, merchant Anna, CYL Celica, and Lon'qu have a preferred weapon with Spd+3 or some sort of always active speed boosting effect which I will build on later. At this point, I feel like 38 maybe 37 base neutral speed is pushing it for running Close Call, Repel, or Spurn. It can work, but maybe Lull Atk/Spd or Lull Spd/Def would be better not only to give them a speed boost, but also to negate speed field buffs to at least prevent the unit from getting doubled. Including units with 37 base speed would add in commander Anna who does not have access to merges, Athena, Ayra, M!Byleth, Hilda, Leif, Lyn, kid Marth, Navarre, Owain, Phina, and legendary Roy.

Reveal hidden contents

37 speed: Ayra (D10), Hilda, non-resplendent Lyn (D10), kid Marth, Navarre (D10, G), Owain (D10), and Phina.

39 speed: CYL Celica (D10), Lon'qu (D10), resplendent Lyn (D10), +Spd Lucina (D10), Rinkah*, and Rutger* (G).

Returning to weapons with some kind of constant speed boosting effect, I would like to include units who hit at least 40 speed with their preferred weapon. I will not include weapons that while easy to activate their speed boosting effect such as Hana's Katana's Swift Sparrow unique refinement or Shannan's Balmung's Spectrum Stance that also works against foes at 100% HP, is not active at all times. Preferred weapons are not always, well, preferred or optimal on a unit, but at least recently, most of them are pretty good. Also, not all weapons really mesh well with the skill like Athena and Lyn have Desperation on their weapons, so they probably would rather have something to boost damage or Null Follow-Up to break through follow-up prevention effects. This would add in Raven and bump up Alm & Celica, merchant Anna, CYL Celica, Ayra, Hilda, Lon'qu, kid Marth, and Phina.

Reveal hidden contents

39 speed: +Spd Lucina (D10), resplendent Lyn (D10), Rinkah*, Rutger* (G).

If I add in preferred weapons that let the unit hit 39 speed, then it would add in witch Celica, legendary Marth, and Shannan. Also, there is Linus who reaches 38 speed from sharing Basilikos with Raven. So far, none of the other melee non-beast, non-dragon infantry units with 35 base neutral speed have a preferred weapon with Spd+3 as witch Celica jumps up by 4 with refined Beloved Zofia's no HP requirement Spectrum Push and Raven jumps up by 5 with Basilikos's L&D3 effect. Barst is 2 points too slow to meet at least 38 speed with Devil Axe's no HP requirement Spectrum Push effect, but given its Wrath unique refinement, speed might not be as important for a double Wrath build.

Reveal hidden contents

38 speed: commander Anna (D10), Athena (D10), M!Byleth*, Leif (D10), Linus (D10, G), and legendary Roy.

39 speed: witch Celica (D10), +Spd Lucina (D10), resplendent Lyn (D10), legendary Marth (D10), Rinkah*, Rutger* (G), and Shannan.

Adding in units using speed refined, non-preferred weapons who can hit at least 39 speed would add in anyone with 36 base neutral speed and so on for +37 base neutral speed units. For the 36 base neutral speed units: Annette, Astram, Echidna, Fir, Gerik, Hana, =Spd regular, CYL, and masked Lucina, Marisa, Osian, Silvia, and summer Ylgr. For those with a preferred weapon, then that would forgo using whatever it is and for some of them, they're useful for other roles like Annette, Astram, and CYL Lucina are good support units, Fir probably wants the extra damage from unique refined Nameless Blade over a bit more speed when her base neutral attack is 25, Hana can anti-armor and does have Swift Sparrow 2 with her katana's unique refinement, and Osian is the only other Distant Counter axe infantry where his might be conditional over Dorcas's Stout Tomahawk, but he does have a Killer effect.

Speaking of Osian, he's probably the only 36 base neutral speed unit other than Astram I would consider giving Close Call, Repel, or Spurn on and that's purely because of Vouge's Killer and >= 50% HP Distant Counter effect, so you are free to run whatever A passive you want. Keep Mirror Stance 3 and Darting Stance 3 or whatever seal or swap it out for a different speed boosting A passive like Kestral Stance 3 or later on, Swift Stance 3 to give him the extra speed to make good use of Close Call, Repel, or Spurn where Spurn probably is the better one to help with damage or at least heal back with Noontime or Sol if he has a Breath effect through his A passive or through support like with CYL Lucina.

To be clear, I am not telling you to not give Spurn or whatever to regular Lucina and a +10 one at that. It can work where once again, especially since she is +10 and we have people like @XRay if I recall correctly running Close Call/Repel on a +Spd CYL Ike as speed stacking can go a long way. And the weapons thing was harsh since I excluded weapons that have relatively easy speed boosting effects like Selena's attack is so low even with +Atk that she should be able to have Atk/Spd/Def/Res+3 against, say, 80% to 90% of her foes, and that would mean she would have 38 speed most of the time.

It is just from my perspective, I would rather give it to someone else with a much higher, unmerged base neutral speed. My perspective being that an unmerged =Spd regular Mareeta has 42 base speed which is 6 more speed than a =Spd Lucina and only 3 less than a +Spd, +10 merged, and +10 Dragonflowers Lucina. And if Mareeta were to not be adjacent to anyone, then by default she gets 10 speed from her sword and Atk/Spd Solo 3 giving her 52 speed where I cannot compared with your Lucina since I don't know what refinement you chose for Falchion or if she is using Sealed Falchion instead and what her A passive is. What I can say is that even at that speed, Mareeta or anyone else at that speed tier gets doubled and without a follow-up effect involved. Ced somehow showed up as +Spd on his debut banner. He has 39 base neutral speed and 42 with +Spd, the same as speed as =Spd Mareeta, but Winds of Silesses's Spd+3 and Atk/Spd Solo 3 and his default Spd/Res Solo 3 allows him to reach 57 speed as he gets a total of +15 speed, giving him the exact difference in speed, 5 more speed, to double an unmerged =Spd Mareeta regardless if she is solo or not without any buffs or debuffs on either of them. That was quite something when I found out he could do that. Sure, he's a green mage attacking a red sword infantry, but it made me think that the fastest of units can never have too much speed and that going back to my absurd belief, 50 base neutral speed unmerged is slow.

If it were me, I would rather give Lucina Lull Atk/Spd or Lull Spd/Def over Close Call, Repel, or Spurn. But once again, that's me. It's up to you what you want to do.

There's only one OG Lucina I have and if you saw the 10+ thread you'd know.  But alright, I'll be gracious and remind everyone.

She's +Atk.  +Might Falchion and almost 10+ Dragonflowers.  She has 44 base speed as I said before which should have been the give-away here that she's not +Spd.  She has L and D 3 inherited and a few other premium skills to play with.  Like Grima Lucy is my "give this one cool skills because I like them" characters.

She might not be the most meta of Lucinas and that's honestly fine.

9 hours ago, XRay said:

As a super tank, assuming she is used just against ranged defense teams, Brunnya would want some kind Solo or Stance. I lean towards Stances for more focus on enemy phase, but if you need her to do play phase stuff a lot too, then Solos would be a better option. If you need the super tank to go against melee units too, I am not sure if Brunnya can handle it, but you can still try with Close Counter. For her B, I would go with Lull Atk/Spd or Null Follow-Up. For her C, I would go with Atk Smoke, Panic Smoke, or Pulse Smoke.

If you have do not have access to those skills or do not wish to fodder the units you currently have, then I would just wait until you can get those skills. You can use Dull Ranged or Guard in the meantime.

Iceberg takes too long to charge in my opinion since she is not slow enough to be consistently doubled by enemy units. I would go with Moonbow or Ruptured Sky. You generally want to activate a Special during every round of combat, or activate it as frequently as possible if the unit cannot do every round of combat.

I would not recommend Null C-Disrupt since Firesweepers simply is not really a huge threat to super tanks.

What are you trying to have her do? I would not slap any premium skill on any unit unless you have a clear idea of what you want the unit to do.

If you are using her as a player phase unit, Desperation is still the best, so I would not bother with Spurn. I would just stick with a standard player phase build:
+Spd
Sealed Falchion
Reposition
Moonbow — Ruptured Sky
(Any A that boosts Atk/Spd)
Desperation
(Any C)

I would only give her Spurn if you are using her as a dual phase unit, and even then, I do not think she is that great as a dual phase unit due to her low bulk. She will be okay in Tempest Trials and Lunatic difficulty, but I am not sure she is going to fare very well on Infernal or Abyssal.
+Spd
Falchion [Spd Refine]
Reposition
Moonbow — Ruptured Sky
Atk/Spd Solo
Atk Smoke
Atk/Spd Solo (not yet released)
You want to switch back to regular Falchion and go with Spd Refine, as dual phase units generally want HP to be as high as possible. For the B slot, you want something defensive that preserves bulk and works on both phases. For her Sacred Seal, you can just run Spd/Res Solo for now.

Dual Phase Galeforcer:
Falchion [Spd Refine]
Reposition
Moonbow — Ruptured Sky
Atk/Spd Solo
Time's Pulse — Atk Smoke
Flashing Blade — Heavy Blade

Yeah, but nah.  I don't want the same Lucy as everyone else.  I prefer my units to have their own set ups to be unique.  I went +Atk for her OHKO abilities.  Which she does, so much better than +speed.

6 hours ago, TheSilentChloey said:

Yeah, but nah.  I don't want the same Lucy as everyone else.  I prefer my units to have their own set ups to be unique.  I went +Atk for her OHKO abilities.  Which she does, so much better than +speed.

+Atk is fine in PvE and lower difficulty content where it is easy to win the Spd check or if you are going for certain builds like Brave Sword, but you still want +Spd for modes like in Aether Raids or on builds that uses Spurn. If you want Lucina to be a one shot nuke, Spurn does not contribute much to that role as it is first and foremost a defensive skill, and its offensive potential is negligible at best.

It is fine to be unique, but you also need to be aware that uniqueness and optimization generally do not mix. While Lucina can one shot dragons and squishy ranged units, she cannot one shot anything substantial without going for cookie cutter builds.
+Atk
Falchion — Slaying Edge
Atk Refinement
Reposition
Moonbow — Ruptured Sky — Luna (with Slaying Edge)
Death Blow — Brazen Atk/Spd (with Slaying Edge)
Special Spiral — Wrath (with Time's Pulse)
(Any C) — Time's Pulse (with Wrath)
Death Blow — Brazen Atk/Spd (with Slaying Edge)
With Falchion-Death Blow, Lucina reaches 81 Atk (91 Atk with addition of Wrath-Time's Pulse, but she would not be able to spam her Special), excluding damage from Moonbow/Ruptured Sky. I do not recommend using Falchion with Brazens due to HP requirements.

I do not play this game too often so I do have a question about merging same tier characters: is there better chance of stat gain when the source ally's level is higher and have good stats?