Jump to content
Randoman

"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Recommended Posts

Flame Emperor is +9 with this rerun. Should I now save grails for the last merge, or will he be rerun again in some months?

Also is it worth going for Gatrie's B slot or should I stick to VF? 

Edited by SuperNova125

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, SuperNova125 said:

Flame Emperor is +9 with this rerun. Should I now save grails for the last merge, or will he be rerun again in some months?

Also is it worth going for Gatrie's B slot or should I stick to VF? 

So far, Flame Emperor has only gotten one rerun. The standard seems to be two. The usual schedule would suggest she'll get a traditional revival around December, since the last one was Kempf earlier this month, but it's unclear if the current set of reruns for the GHBs since Kempf will change things at all. We should get more information when we see the next event calendar.

Sniping Gatrie costs about 200 orbs on average. It's up to you if the benefit of Crafty Fighter is worth that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SuperNova125 said:

Also is it worth going for Gatrie's B slot or should I stick to VF? 

Depends on where you want to put Guard in her skill slots. If you are going all out on Flame Emperor as a tank, I would go for Crafty Fighter. Heavy Blade effect is not necessary on a tank, so I do not think Vengeful Fighter nor Special Fighter are necessary. Guard and Quick Riposte are, so Crafty Fighter is the best B for slow tanks in my opinion.

Quick Riposte, Guard, debuff nullification, and buff nullification are the most important effects for a slow tank to have, as well as Distant Counter if you need the tank to fight at any distance. Follow-up denial, Special charge increase, Slaying effect, are good to have, but not crucial in my opinion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Othin said:

So far, Flame Emperor has only gotten one rerun. The standard seems to be two. The usual schedule would suggest she'll get a traditional revival around December, since the last one was Kempf earlier this month, but it's unclear if the current set of reruns for the GHBs since Kempf will change things at all. We should get more information when we see the next event calendar.

Sniping Gatrie costs about 200 orbs on average. It's up to you if the benefit of Crafty Fighter is worth that.

By the time I have the grails to buy the last merge the next calendar will most likely be out so I might have an idea how the GHB party will affect reruns. 

About crafty fighter. With the help of the orb counting thread on Reddit I counted exactly 149 orbs at the last day of the mythic banner. The spark takes 93 orbs from where I am (17 summons). Which means 56 orbs for the mythic banner. However, 56 isn't enough to get a random 5* in these banners and I need the new mythic but I also value Crafty fighter. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, SuperNova125 said:

By the time I have the grails to buy the last merge the next calendar will most likely be out so I might have an idea how the GHB party will affect reruns. 

About crafty fighter. With the help of the orb counting thread on Reddit I counted exactly 149 orbs at the last day of the mythic banner. The spark takes 93 orbs from where I am (17 summons). Which means 56 orbs for the mythic banner. However, 56 isn't enough to get a random 5* in these banners and I need the new mythic but I also value Crafty fighter. 

Well, the current banner will still be running for a while. You can wait to see the mythic trailer to get an idea of how the new unit looks, as well as the rest of the lineup. You could even see if you're lucky enough to get what you want in 56 orbs, while saving 93 for the spark, although there's little difference between that and doing the spark first. Or you could just wait and see if you can get Crafty Fighter some other way later on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Gamer76252 said:

I'm making a new cavalry team after not messing with it for awhile, and would like some help, specifically on the C skill selection. I'm planning on using Galeforce Eliwood, Pirate Veronica and a choice between Petrine, Reinhardt, L!Leif and B!Veronica, I'd appreciate some help with that as well. But, the C slot is rather open here as I'm not sure if Hone/Fortify Cav are the best option as most of my options like to do things on their own. So, I was thinking Def Smoke for Eliwood, and maybe Rouse skills for the others, or Savage Blow for B!Veronica if we choose her. Thoughts?

If someone wants to ask, the team would be for general use as I just want to use my teams for whatever and enjoy having fun rather than be AR focused with everything or something.

Please use this thread for questions, so we do not clutter the first page of the forums.

If it is not for high difficulty modes, then honestly anything works, so just pick your favorite units. Enemies usually would not have high damage output and neither can they wall you off, so performance should not be a concern. For example, PP!Veronica alone can solo most easy content since she takes very little damage, so use her because you like her or because she is fun, not because she is good (good units are often fun though).

If you want something fun, I recommend going for a full dual phase Galeforce team with Eliwood, PP!Veronica (you will want Heavy Blade on A), and Petrine (she targets Res, and you want Heavy Blade on Sacred Seal). They should all be running Lulls if you can afford it; if not Renewal is a cheap budget option. For the last team slot, I recommend AOTB!Veronica for healing.

Some Sacred Seals mentioned in the following builds have not been released yet.

Eliwood
+Spd
Blazing Durandal
Reposition
Galeforce
Atk/Spd Solo -- Spd/Def Solo
Lull Atk/Spd
Atk Smoke -- Spd Smoke -- Pulse Smoke -- Panic Smoke
Atk/Spd Solo -- Spd/Def Solo

Petrine
+Spd
Flame Lance
Reposition
Galeforce
Atk/Spd Solo
Lull Atk/Spd
Atk Smoke
Heavy Blade

PP!Veronica
+Atk
Gate-Anchor Axe
Reposition
Galeforce
Heavy Blade
Lull Atk/Def
Atk Smoke
Atk/Res Solo -- Atk/Def Solo

AOTB!Veronica
+Spd
Hliđskjalf
Physic -- Restore -- Martyr (with Atk/Spd Push AND without Live to Servce)
Windfire Balm
Atk/Spd Solo -- Atk/Spd Push (with Martyr on A OR Live to Serve on Sacred Seal)
Wrathful Staff -- Chill Atk -- Chill Spd -- Chill Def
Hone Cavalry -- Fortify Cavalry -- Goad Cavalry -- Ward Cavalry -- Savage Blow
Atk/Spd -- Atk/Spd Solo -- Chill Atk -- Chill Spd -- Chill Def -- Live to Serve (with Atk/Spd Push AND without Martyr) -- Hone Cavalry -- Fortify Cavalry -- Goad Cavalry -- Ward Cavalry

2 hours ago, SRPG Tryhard said:

Give them Goad/Ward, buffs are useless because of lulls now. It was already a handicap to have to position your units in formation to make them work.

For others, a role specific C skill like def smoke on a Galeforce unit would be good like you said.

Goads and Wards have positioning requirements too, and they are pretty onerous for player phase teams. Goads and Wards work better for enemy phase units and teams, and some dual phase units and teams.

Lulls and Dulls exist, but they are not that common to make bonus buffs unviable.

Edited by XRay

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Flying Shogi said:

Is the damage reduction negation on Twin Blades/Deadeye always active or only active when the special triggers?

Only when the special is triggered. The attack will deal the shown damage plus any special trigger damage, as opposed to a percentage.
...speaking of Deadeye, I wonder if there's any "best" users of it...?

Edited by Xenomata

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Question.

 

Will my current Grima build benefit from crafty fighter?  He has sturdy stance 3 in his a slot and atk smoke in his c skill slot.  Still needs a merge though (and no not going to use the hof Grima we're going to get because I'm not going to throw away his IVs and spend 100 trait fruits to get it back in a couple of months when I only need to summon the last copy).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, TheSilentChloey said:

Will my current Grima build benefit from crafty fighter?  He has sturdy stance 3 in his a slot and atk smoke in his c skill slot.  Still needs a merge though (and no not going to use the hof Grima we're going to get because I'm not going to throw away his IVs and spend 100 trait fruits to get it back in a couple of months when I only need to summon the last copy).

Crafty Fighter and Tier 4 Stance skills have an overlapping effect in Guard, so if you want to put Crafty Fighter on him he needs to take a different A Passive to maximize the benefits he can receive. Vengeful Fighter is perfectly fine to work with as-is since he still gets his follow-up and still gets an additional effect.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

Only when the special is triggered. The attack will deal the shown damage plus any special trigger damage, as opposed to a percentage.
...speaking of Deadeye, I wonder if there's any "best" users of it...?

Deadeye is probably best on whatever units work well with 3 CD specials and that benefit from a damage multiplier.

Damage multipliers can be tricky to work with. They add more damage the more damage you're already dealing, so they're better on units that are already hitting hard, but not hard enough. That can end up a bit narrow, since specials are often preferable for dealing a bunch of damage to a foe you wouldn't otherwise deal much to. I'm not sure who that translates to.

It's also good on units that want to break through evasion effects, of course. That could be more dependent on your team's specific needs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

Only when the special is triggered. The attack will deal the shown damage plus any special trigger damage, as opposed to a percentage.
...speaking of Deadeye, I wonder if there's any "best" users of it...?

Any Pulsed red archer to take down BH!Ike. SK!Alm could work too I think.

22 minutes ago, TheSilentChloey said:

Question.

Will my current Grima build benefit from crafty fighter?  He has sturdy stance 3 in his a slot and atk smoke in his c skill slot.  Still needs a merge though (and no not going to use the hof Grima we're going to get because I'm not going to throw away his IVs and spend 100 trait fruits to get it back in a couple of months when I only need to summon the last copy).

Depends on how much Orbs you want to spend. If you plan to go for Crafty Fighter, then you will need to switch out his A skill as well. If you cannot dedicate enough budget to overhaul his kit, then I would not bother with replacing his B skill for no practical performance gain.

Slow Def/Res Tank:
+Res
Expiration
(Any Assist) — Swap
Moonbow (if foe cannot reliably double unit; e.g.: map full of slow armors) — Bonfire (if foe can reliably double unit)
Def/Res Unity
Crafty Fighter
Panic Smoke
— Atk Smoke — Pulse Smoke
Mirror Stance — Bracing Stance — Quick Riposte (only if foe has Impact skills)

Def/Res Unity is not out yet, and neither is Bracing Stance Sacred Seal. For important defensive effects, Def/Res Unity provides partial debuff nullification to his two most important stats, Crafty Fighter provides Guard to shutdown Specials, and Panic Smoke provides some level of buff nullification. I think those are the top three defensive effect every tank wants. For damage output, Expiration provides Distant Counter and Crafty Fighter provides Quick Riposte, the two most important offensive effects for general purpose slow tanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, XRay said:

SK!Alm could work too I think.

Why Alm, specifically? There are other colorless archers with better offenses and bows for using Deadeye.

Or is this because of Luna Arc? Luna Arc has a “deals damage” effect, Deadeye won’t scale off of it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, LordFrigid said:

Why Alm, specifically? There are other colorless archers with better offenses and bows for using Deadeye.

Or is this because of Luna Arc? Luna Arc has a “deals damage” effect, Deadeye won’t scale off of it.

Ah, okay. I thought might Deadeye might scale off of it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, XRay said:

Any Pulsed red archer to take down BH!Ike. SK!Alm could work too I think.

Depends on how much Orbs you want to spend. If you plan to go for Crafty Fighter, then you will need to switch out his A skill as well. If you cannot dedicate enough budget to overhaul his kit, then I would not bother with replacing his B skill for no practical performance gain.

Slow Def/Res Tank:
+Res
Expiration
(Any Assist) — Swap
Moonbow (if foe cannot reliably double unit; e.g.: map full of slow armors) — Bonfire (if foe can reliably double unit)
Def/Res Unity
Crafty Fighter
Panic Smoke
— Atk Smoke — Pulse Smoke
Mirror Stance — Bracing Stance — Quick Riposte (only if foe has Impact skills)

Def/Res Unity is not out yet, and neither is Bracing Stance Sacred Seal. For important defensive effects, Def/Res Unity provides partial debuff nullification to his two most important stats, Crafty Fighter provides Guard to shutdown Specials, and Panic Smoke provides some level of buff nullification. I think those are the top three defensive effect every tank wants. For damage output, Expiration provides Distant Counter and Crafty Fighter provides Quick Riposte, the two most important offensive effects for general purpose slow tanks.

Dude.  This is GRIMA we're talking about here.

 

You know, the one unit I will throw any and all fodder onto with S rank Summoner Support?

 

Lol he's +Atk and almost finished.  But okay...sure you do you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, TheSilentChloey said:

Dude.  This is GRIMA we're talking about here.

You know, the one unit I will throw any and all fodder onto with S rank Summoner Support?

Lol he's +Atk and almost finished.  But okay...sure you do you.

If you are willing to throw any amount of Orbs at him, then I highly recommend saving Orbs for Def/Res Unity whenever that comes out.

Panic Smoke can be obtained from Thrasir, who can pity break you on Legendary and Mythic Foci. It can also be obtained from Larcei if you grab her via sniping or guaranteed summon, but her Revival debut Focus just ended a few days ago. DB!Julia also has Panic Smoke, but she has not been in any reruns yet.

Edited by XRay

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, TheSilentChloey said:

Dude.  This is GRIMA we're talking about here.

 

You know, the one unit I will throw any and all fodder onto with S rank Summoner Support?

 

Lol he's +Atk and almost finished.  But okay...sure you do you.

Then why did you complain to us that he should only be using one build because switching skills was too much work?

Lol, it only takes a second to switch a skill set. But okay... sure you do you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Vicious Sal said:

Then why did you complain to us that he should only be using one build because switching skills was too much work?

Lol, it only takes a second to switch a skill set. But okay... sure you do you.

Because any skill isn't always the best skill imo.  But okay, say what you want about me being too lazy lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, TheSilentChloey said:

Because any skill isn't always the best skill imo.  But okay, say what you want about me being too lazy lol.

Because you literally admitted that changing skills was too much hassle for you: 

 

On 8/28/2020 at 10:27 PM, TheSilentChloey said:

 

 

It's an inconvenience I don't like having to work around, simple as that.  It's far easier for me to go with one skill 'set' than to go for more than that and for situations where the one set would have worked otherwise.

 

The only time I change skills is Grima’s enemy phase to his player phase for literally one map, which is a massive inconvenience no matter how you look at it.  Skill sets should be made with a multitude of situations, and not just one or two different ones.  Building like that is...eww and cheap, no matter how premium the skills imo.

 

This is an issue that I have had as well.  Especially when they first came out.  I just gave them up after that.

 

On 8/29/2020 at 1:09 AM, TheSilentChloey said:

Still enough to be annoying.

 

We tend to bounce between 17/18/19 in arena.  My offence team has the bonus unit, Grima, Aqua and Brave Veronica.

 

So now besides being lazy, we can chalk up hypocritical as well. Good to know. You literally said having multiple skills on Grima was eww, so having this complete turnaround and all of a sudden wanting to give every premium option to him is just being as hypocritical as can be. When asking for help it does not help when you're flip-flopping between opinions every time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Vicious Sal said:

Because you literally admitted that changing skills was too much hassle for you: 

 

 

 

So now besides being lazy, we can chalk up hypocritical as well. Good to know. You literally said having multiple skills on Grima was eww, so having this complete turnaround and all of a sudden wanting to give every premium option to him is just being as hypocritical as can be. When asking for help it does not help when you're flip-flopping between opinions every time.

I've been giving Grima everything from the start, doesn't mean he uses it.  I just don't like changing what works for most situations.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, TheSilentChloey said:

Will my current Grima build benefit from crafty fighter?  He has sturdy stance 3 in his a slot and atk smoke in his c skill slot.  Still needs a merge though (and no not going to use the hof Grima we're going to get because I'm not going to throw away his IVs and spend 100 trait fruits to get it back in a couple of months when I only need to summon the last copy).

Crafty Fighter will increase his guaranteed follow-up range from "above 50% HP" to "above 25% HP", and swap the "special cooldown change +1 per unit's attack" for "guard effect". Guard doesn't stack, so having a Stance 3 and Crafty Fighter will not be that optimal. I recommend changing his A skill if you want to use Crafty.

You could use Atk/Def Unity instead of Sturdy Stance 3. You will swap 1 Atk/Def for being able to convert Atk/Def debuffs into buffs during combat. Unity also works in both phases, so in this case will be more useful than Stance. Grima has high Atk and Def, so is common for him to be target of Chill Atk and Chill Def, so Atk/Def Unity will be way better than Sturdy Stance.

You can keep using Stance 3 with Crafty Fighter if you want, since it's still a good skill.

Edited by Diovani Bressan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, TheSilentChloey said:

Dude.  This is GRIMA we're talking about here.

 

You know, the one unit I will throw any and all fodder onto with S rank Summoner Support?

 

Lol he's +Atk and almost finished.  But okay...sure you do you.

Being a unit you'll throw "any and all fodder onto" and being "almost finished" aren't really compatible. As long as IS is adding new worthwhile skills, such a unit is never finished.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Othin said:

Being a unit you'll throw "any and all fodder onto" and being "almost finished" aren't really compatible. As long as IS is adding new worthwhile skills, such a unit is never finished.

He's almost merge finished, the build...eh, it could use some refinement.

 

1 hour ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Crafty Fighter will increase his guaranteed follow-up range from "above 50% HP" to "above 25% HP", and swap the "special cooldown change +1 per unit's attack" for "guard effect". Guard doesn't stack, so having a Stance 3 and Crafty Fighter will not be that optimal. I recommend changing his A skill if you want to use Crafty.

You could use Atk/Def Unity instead of Sturdy Stance 3. You will swap 1 Atk/Def for being able to convert Atk/Def debuffs into buffs during combat. Unity also works in both phases, so in this case will be more useful than Stance. Grima has high Atk and Def, so is common for him to be target of Chill Atk and Chill Def, so Atk/Def Unity will be way better than Sturdy Stance.

You can keep using Stance 3 with Crafty Fighter if you want, since it's still a good skill.

So far I've only got one Bravemitri and I'm not 100% sure I want to fodder my best 3h blue tank just yet, though that may actually be something to look into if he decides to grace me with his presence.  I've been having Grimmy run fort. Def/Res 3 and he does have DD4 inherited should it come to needing that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Could someone answer this for me: how does a sabotage skill interact with start of turn bonuses? Like, I'm reconfiguring my AR defenses and see that my Mirabilis has Sabotage Def 3, but she only has 41 Res so it would only affect foes that have 37 or less Res. But if I put my Tethys beside Mirabilis -- and Tethys has Fortify Res 4 -- would Mirabilis be able to count the +7 boost at the start of the turn to extend Sabotage Def 3's effect on foes with <45 Res? 

I gave my Lv. 40+3 Tethys the Temari+ (+Res) and Phantom Res 1 seal, so currently she's able to debuff -5 Atk/Spd on foes with Res equal to or less than 49. The easiest thing to do would be to just fodder Mirabilis's Sabotage Def 3 to Tethys, but Mirabilis seems way too valuable with her Mythic bonus. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, uhmuzing said:

Could someone answer this for me: how does a sabotage skill interact with start of turn bonuses? Like, I'm reconfiguring my AR defenses and see that my Mirabilis has Sabotage Def 3, but she only has 41 Res so it would only affect foes that have 37 or less Res. But if I put my Tethys beside Mirabilis -- and Tethys has Fortify Res 4 -- would Mirabilis be able to count the +7 boost at the start of the turn to extend Sabotage Def 3's effect on foes with <45 Res? 

I gave my Lv. 40+3 Tethys the Temari+ (+Res) and Phantom Res 1 seal, so currently she's able to debuff -5 Atk/Spd on foes with Res equal to or less than 49. The easiest thing to do would be to just fodder Mirabilis's Sabotage Def 3 to Tethys, but Mirabilis seems way too valuable with her Mythic bonus. 

All skills that rely on comparing stats, like Sabotage skills, check the stat value at the beginning of the turn and are triggered at the same time as all other Start of Turn effects, such as Hones. As such, you cannot use Fortify skills to modify the number of targets a Sabotage/Ploy skill can affect.

There are ways to force Chills to target specific units on your team, such as boosting a unit with slightly less Atk than the highest Atk unit so the lower Atk unit gets targeted, but from testing I don't believe there is a way to affect the number of targets of Sabotage skills outside of using specific stat-boosting skills like Fortress skills and Sacred Seals, boosts from Legendary and Mythic units, and boosts from Summoner Support or Dragonflowers.
(this comment originally had false information. If you seen the previous version of this comment, please disregard anything it originally said)

Edited by Xenomata

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...