"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

Hi guys, usual question, who I must promote to 5? This account is so bad, actually playing with:

Takumi +atk

Peri (5 star) 

Camilla (4star)

Tharja (4 star) 

I definitely don't like it. 

Who can I take to 5 or eventually can replace some of them? 

Ps: sorry if the image is too large, I honestly don't know because I'm on mobile 

Screenshot_20170330-083212.png

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

13 minutes ago, Vitiulia said:

Hi guys, usual question, who I must promote to 5? This account is so bad, actually playing with:

Takumi +atk

Peri (5 star) 

Camilla (4star)

Tharja (4 star) 

I definitely don't like it. 

Who can I take to 5 or eventually can replace some of them? 

Ps: sorry if the image is too large, I honestly don't know because I'm on mobile 

Screenshot_20170330-083212.png

Nino, hands down. Get your sharena up to speed to help buff her, but yeah Nino.

Tharja works too, but let's be serious:

Young Green thug

Or

Weird Red Trollop

I rest my case

@Vitiulia I agree with @Arcanite and say you should promote Nino. Right now your team is pretty poorly equipped to handling blue units, which are becoming more and more common in Arena. She may not be as amazing as she could be with proper team support (and your team isn't very buff-heavy), but she's still a solid unit. I would also recommend promoting Sharena next to replace Peri. Tharja is fine as 4* because the main green threat you'd need to be wary of is Hector, and neutral Tharja with no buffs can still ORKO neutral Hector. 

Lol time to sack the team of fliers that forced me to spend piles of stamina potions and light's blessings dragging their sorry asses to success in the 'all fliers' TT missions only to burn the orbs they earned on another damn Est.

What are the best skills to inherit from 4* Cherche, Beruka, and Est?

Edited by BANRYU

Alright, while trying to summon on the new banner, I managed to somehow pull a -HP +Spd Linde. My current team is Marth, Sharena, Nino, and Takumi. Should I replace Linde for Sharena for my blue slot, or is Sharena better for my team comp right now?

51 minutes ago, BANRYU said:

Lol time to sack the team of fliers that forced me to spend piles of stamina potions and light's blessings dragging their sorry asses to success in the 'all fliers' TT missions only to burn the orbs they earned on another damn Est.

What are the best skills to inherit from 4* Cherche, Beruka, and Est?

Pivot from Cherche, Glimmer from Beruka, Seal Spd (?) from Est

18 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

Pivot from Cherche, Glimmer from Beruka, Seal Spd (?) from Est

...jeez... Est is even useless as Skill fodder, eh...?

I was thinking maybe Atk+3 from Cherche for someone. But yeah... hard to overlook Pivot's usefulness.

1 minute ago, BANRYU said:

...jeez... Est is even useless as Skill fodder, eh...?

I was thinking maybe Atk+3 from Cherche for someone. But yeah... hard to overlook Pivot's usefulness.

Atk +3's a perfectly solid option too, especially since I believe Cherche is the only one that gets Atk +3 at 4*. I'm personally of the opinion that any unit that would benefit from Atk +3 would benefit more from a different A-skill like Fury, Life and Death, or Death Blow, but Atk +3 works fine. 

1 minute ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

Atk +3's a perfectly solid option too, especially since I believe Cherche is the only one that gets Atk +3 at 4*. I'm personally of the opinion that any unit that would benefit from Atk +3 would benefit more from a different A-skill like Fury, Life and Death, or Death Blow, but Atk +3 works fine. 

That's definitely true, but I have to take what I can get lol. Despite the fun I have coming up with whale builds, efficiency is the name of the game when it comes to my own units. 

1 minute ago, BANRYU said:

That's definitely true, but I have to take what I can get lol. Despite the fun I have coming up with whale builds, efficiency is the name of the game when it comes to my own units. 

That's certainly fair. I get so caught up in optimization that I sometimes forget to consider that many players simply don't have the best options (which is funny bc I'm one of them). 

I was hoping to get an opinion on who to promote to five star. I have enough feathers for two promotes. My A team is M!Robin, Lucina (standard), Tiki (young), and Cordelia.

Here is my list of four stars.

Edited by Arthur97

11 minutes ago, Vitiulia said:

OK, decided to promote Nino thanks to you all, but now I pulled a Carrot Xander 5 star. Better than Peri I think? :') 

It's a bit too early to say until people find out his 5* stats :/

6 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

It's a bit too early to say until people find out his 5* stats :/

I don't really like his abilities, but with SI is not really a big problem. 

Oh, his nature is +atk - def. 

I will wait 

Edited by Vitiulia

2 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

Does using Shards/Crystals have a negative effect on a units growths/stats when leveling up?

It feels like whenever I use them, the stats aren't as good on level ups.

Confirmation bias. Unit stats are fixed, as are level-ups.

By spending shards and crystals you only skip the murder-to-fill-bar part.

8 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Confirmation bias. Unit stats are fixed, as are level-ups.

By spending shards and crystals you only skip the murder-to-fill-bar part.

...I have no idea what "confirmation bias" even means, but okay.

But then am I just really unlucky with the timing of when I use my shards? Whenever I do, even on 5 star heroes I'd get like 1 stat up (assuming it's only one level up), unless I know the level up beforehand from the unit leveling then dying. Not that unrelated, but would it be better to train them the old fashioned way rather than using the shards anyways, just because extra SP?

Edited by Xenomata
one more question...

Confirmation bias means that you interpret results in a way that supports what your original expectations or thoughts are. In other words, level ups are random and just as likely to be good or bad regardless of whether you're using shards/crystals or fighting things. If you have a preconceived belief that leveling with shards = bad level ups, you will notice the bad levels up more and take that as confirmation that your initial assumption is true.

2 hours ago, Xenomata said:

But then am I just really unlucky with the timing of when I use my shards? Whenever I do, even on 5 star heroes I'd get like 1 stat up (assuming it's only one level up), unless I know the level up beforehand from the unit leveling then dying. Not that unrelated, but would it be better to train them the old fashioned way rather than using the shards anyways, just because extra SP?

If you've gotten only one stat-up from leveling by shards/crystals, you would have gotten the same by leveling them by fighting/healing. Level-ups are fixed, like people said. Time wise, it's better to use shards/crystals. SP wise, it's better to level them by battling/healing. You pick what's worth more to you =).

I hope this is the right place for this...

I'm looking for some skill suggestions for my team. I'm currently running Eirika, Tharja, Ninian, and Nowi (switching Nowi out as needed).

Eirikia ia 5 star with -atk +spd.

Ninian is 5 star, +spd - red.

Tharja is 4 star, -atk +def.

Nowi is 4 star, -atk, +spd.

It works well (thanks gamefaqs lol) though I'm still learning about skill inheritance. Tharja is the 'nuke' so I'm wondering if something like Glimmer would work better than Vengeance. 

I'm also trying to figure out how to best use repositioning, and thinking of putting Draw back on Eirika and/or Nowi to better protect Tharja.

I'm honestly not crazy about losing units for this, so I've yet to try skill inheritance. Still, I need to bite the bullet. I know I'm overthinking this at this point, but with it being so final in losing a unit I'm hoping for some feedback before I screw myself over. Thank you for your time!

My question I asked a while ago got buried, so here it is: Alright, while trying to summon on the new banner, I managed to somehow pull a -HP +Spd Linde. My current team is Marth, Sharena, Nino, and Takumi. Should I replace Linde for Sharena for my blue slot, or is Sharena better for my team comp right now?

Looking for some help with what to do with my orbs

As silly as the new focus is, it's perfect for me because I'm lacking in both quality blue and green units. I have a lot of good red units already, and although my only good colorless are Klein and Jeorge I'm not confident with pushing my luck on gray orbs anymore, considering Takumi and Jaffar are incredibly rare and, even if I pull them, they won't add to my team's options.

So I'm unsure how I should approach this focus with my orbs. Right now I'm sitting on 17, but with the upcoming Twitter quiz rewards I will most likely have enough for two more sets of pulls. Up to this point, I have always done full summoning sessions, since any 5* is worthwhile when you have less of them--but that was from an earlier time.

So in my case, should I pull exclusively blue and green orbs, ending the session prematurely if I have only one or none to choose from? I fear wasting orbs from performing repeated sessions, especially with my limited orb count. Another issue I have is that my summoning rate won't increase if I summon only two or three units a session, so I will have to work with a reduced 5* rate if I go color-hunting. Any advice is appreciated. Thanks.

Edited by MrSmokestack

7 hours ago, Xenomata said:

5 hours ago, Birdy said:

If you've gotten only one stat-up from leveling by shards/crystals, you would have gotten the same by leveling them by fighting/healing. Level-ups are fixed, like people said. Time wise, it's better to use shards/crystals. SP wise, it's better to level them by battling/healing. You pick what's worth more to you =).

Just wanna throw my 2 cents in on this and say that IMO it's best to save shards/crystals for units who you want to auto-level up to 20 in order to upgrade them for skill inheritance. Otherwise, the extra SP you get from raising them is gonna be superior for any unit that you plan to use in the long run (the only other exception is if you want to raise someone for upgrading who's worthless in combat in their lower levels, IE the default 2* Raigh).

3 hours ago, bookwormbabe29 said:

I hope this is the right place for this...I'm looking for some skill suggestions for my team. I'm currently running Eirika, Tharja, Ninian, and Nowi (switching Nowi out as needed).

Eirikia ia 5 star with -atk +spd.

Ninian is 5 star, +spd - red.

Tharja is 4 star, -atk +def.

Nowi is 4 star, -atk, +spd.

It works well (thanks gamefaqs lol) though I'm still learning about skill inheritance. Tharja is the 'nuke' so I'm wondering if something like Glimmer would work better than Vengeance. 

I'm also trying to figure out how to best use repositioning, and thinking of putting Draw back on Eirika and/or Nowi to better protect Tharja.

I'm honestly not crazy about losing units for this, so I've yet to try skill inheritance. Still, I need to bite the bullet. I know I'm overthinking this at this point, but with it being so final in losing a unit I'm hoping for some feedback before I screw myself over. Thank you for your time!

Skill Inheritance Discussion is also a good threat for this. But uh... off the top of my head, Swordbreaker is great for Nowi, letting her chomp Falchion users pretty easily as well as quicker swords who she's too slow to deal with otherwise. For her special, something like Moonbow or Draconic Aura is probably your best bet if you can get them.

Tharja, much like Nino, loves her some Desperation for slot B, which comes from 4* Shanna so isn't TOO expensive to get. Regarding Glimmer, it's generally considered to be one of the worst specials, but since Tharja does SO much damage it may well be worth investing in on her; generally the more damage you do to begin with the more you get out of Glimmer. If your dilemma is to give someone Glimmer and save better procs for your other units, then Glimmer is a good idea for Tharja... I think (might want to get some additional input on that before deciding). If you want a good special for Tharja period, then no, don't use Glimmer. If I were you, I'd just stick with Vengeance for the time being since it's not terrible. If you can get ahold of it, then Reciprocal Aid is a great Assist skill for Tharja to synergize with both Desperation and Vengeance as well as giving her support capabilities by healing her teammates. Your default Matthew has it if you don't mind sacking him for it.

For Ninian, her default skills are pretty good and Fortify Dragons is really helpful for Nowi, though if you want her to be able to help boost Tharja you might consider running just Fortify Def 2. Escape Route is all right, though Wings of Mercy is better if you can spare it; for her slot A, I hear Fury is pretty good, and even just Fury 2 should suffice if you can't get 3. Jagen has Fury and isn't good for much so if you happen to have a bunch of him like I do, there's some pretty good fodder lol. For her special, Moonbow is always good to work with her high speed (she can activate it in one round of combat against someone who counterattacks and she can double). Draconic Aura/Dragon Fang might also be good. 

For Eirika, her default kit is pretty good, the only thing you might want to replace is Drag Back depending on whether you actively use it in your strategy; though honestly I'm not sure what to suggest for either slot B or A. For specials, Moonbow is most people's go-to and I'm not sure what else to suggest there sorry ;;

Hope that helps somewhat. Like I said, highly recommend asking around in the Skill Inheritance thread for more input. 

2 hours ago, StarBit8 said:

My question I asked a while ago got buried, so here it is: Alright, while trying to summon on the new banner, I managed to somehow pull a -HP +Spd Linde. My current team is Marth, Sharena, Nino, and Takumi. Should I replace Linde for Sharena for my blue slot, or is Sharena better for my team comp right now?

TBH I'm not sure. Honestly among that team setup, I feel like Takumi is the more replaceable option, but you might feel otherwise. Once you hit your max reward amount in the arena, I'd suggest playing around with both team variations: minus Sharena and minus Takumi to see how it performs overall. Sharena seems like your main buffer for Nino though so I'd think it'd be a shame to lose her. I guess benching Nino is also an option....?? (but she's so good though...)

EDIT: Actually I don't think benching Sharena and having 3 ranged units will be the BEST idea now that I think about it... Sharena probably wants to stay in that team comp, I think, since she can tank where Nino, Linde, and to some degree Takumi have trouble doing so...

24 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

Looking for some help with what to do with my orbs

As silly as the new focus is, it's perfect for me because I'm lacking in both quality blue and green units. I have a lot of good red units already, and although my only good colorless are Klein and Jeorge I'm not confident with pushing my luck on gray orbs anymore, considering Takumi and Jaffar are incredibly rare and, even if I pull them, they won't add to my team's options.

So I'm unsure how I should approach this focus with my orbs. Right now I'm sitting on 17, but with the upcoming Twitter quiz rewards I will most likely have enough for two more sets of pulls. Up to this point, I have always done full summoning sessions, since any 5* is worthwhile when you have less of them--but that was from an earlier time.

So in my case, should I pull exclusively blue and green orbs, ending the session prematurely if I have only one or none to choose from? I fear wasting orbs from performing repeated sessions, especially with my limited orb count. Another issue I have is that my summoning rate won't increase if I summon only two or three units a session, so I will have to work with a reduced 5* rate if I go color-hunting. Any advice is appreciated. Thanks.

All I can tell you is my experience with focusing on one color: I spent about 120 orbs in the last focus trying to get Ninian (the key word there being 'trying' lol) and have about 30 units' worth of skill fodder (plus an Effie and a really good-natured Cherche at least) to show for it. On average I was getting 1-2 blues per summon session; occasionally (but not often, thankfully) I got no blues and pulled a green instead, and on two occasions (one of them being when I had my last 5 orbs lol, the final insult) I got 3 blue nodes. 

If you REALLY need/want those colors specifically, then I would advise to do it-- with all the greens and blues as focus characters, I think your odds of getting those nodes are higher (I got a lot of greys on the Blazing Shadows banner that I avoided like the plague to preserve my increased focus odds, not that it mattered lol; though maybe I just had bizarre luck), but just be aware that it's quite luck-dependent, both for the number of desired nodes that show up as well  as your pulls themselves. In your case, since you're going for both colors and all 4 heroes by the sound of things, your odds of getting what you want should be pretty good, with only a 1/4 chance of getting some shit (that being Xander and his crest-amplifying skill lol). 

LOOKIT ALL THE QUESTIONS I ANSWERED I'M SO HELPFUL. maybe....

Edited by BANRYU