"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

38 minutes ago, Faellin said:

Just got an Eldigan pitybreaker from the chills banner. And since I now have him at +4 I think its time I get a refine for him and possibly looking for builds.

Main thing i'm wondering right now is what refine would be overall better? His regular fury refine, or dark mysletain? Fury looks good since the self damage won't really leave a dent in his large hp pool. But at the same time I can think of a few fun setups for the dark refine. Plus dark on its own is probably due for a refine in the coming months.

I would not give him a Refine unless you actually plan to use him. Just because a unit has merges does not mean you are going to use him consistently enough to warrant further investment. My Rebecca is at +5+0 and I still did not bother giving her anything more expensive than a Brave Bow that costs me 20,000 Feathers.

If you actually do plan to use him and he is not just warming benches. There are a few ways to build him.

The first way is via Counter-Vantage with Dark Mystletainn, but he is inferior to Ares in that role.
+Atk
Dark Mystletainn
Reposition
Moonbow — Ruptured Sky
Distant Counter
Vantage
Def Smoke
Brazen Atk/Def

The second way is via regular Mystletainn. If you are not going to turn him into a player phase unit, then do not bother with his Refine. Recoil damage is terrible for enemy phase units no matter what. On the other hand, the recoil damage is highly valuable and beneficial for player phase units, and quite frankly he needs it to reach Brash Assault range consistently due to his abysmally high HP. There is no point in giving him Fury if you are going to use him primarily as an enemy phase unit, just as there is no point in giving most player phase units Bond or Stance skills.
+Atk
Mystletainn [special]
Reposition
Moonbow — Ruptured Sky
(Any A that boosts Atk)
Brash Assault
(Any C)
Desperation

For enemy phase, I would just turn him into a Def tank or Def/Res tank. I would not try to turn him into a super tank due to his low Spd; it is doable, but the cost is not worth the pay out.

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, Faellin said:

Just got an Eldigan pitybreaker from the chills banner. And since I now have him at +4 I think its time I get a refine for him and possibly looking for builds.

Main thing i'm wondering right now is what refine would be overall better? His regular fury refine, or dark mysletain? Fury looks good since the self damage won't really leave a dent in his large hp pool. But at the same time I can think of a few fun setups for the dark refine. Plus dark on its own is probably due for a refine in the coming months.

If you want to build him, may as well give him both if you can spare the dew, to open up all the options.

10 hours ago, DraceEmpressa said:

I'm sorry I asked a lot lately, but where must I inquire FEH about my game's error? I can't open any of the customer support options

What kind of error?

49 minutes ago, DraceEmpressa said:

That I can't open any  read more from my in game notif, or any of the costumer support (inquiry & feedback) feature

I haven't tried customer support, but I also haven't been getting the readmores to work. I'm guessing it's a widespread issue they're aware of, we just have to give it time and find other ways of viewing the info.

On 12/27/2020 at 8:09 AM, Othin said:

I haven't tried customer support, but I also haven't been getting the readmores to work. I'm guessing it's a widespread issue they're aware of, we just have to give it time and find other ways of viewing the info.

Just adding as another datapoint that the readmores are also broken for me, and have been for.... ohhh, about a month? maybe two? (US-based, using android)

So I have a build for Mustafa that I'm curious to see if it can be improved...

He's got the following:

+Atk +3 (he's going to be 10+ it's just feathers holding him back atm)

Barrier Axe+ +Res

Reposition 

Sol

DC

QR

Savage Blow 3

Fort Def/Res 2

He's on a Plegia Theme team (oh god that's so corny) and is the enemy phase tank.  The team doesn't have a healer (because Plegians don't have one 🙄).  His team mates are Aversa (+4) Gangrel (+10) and resplendant Robin (+10) The Team for Reference.  So any ideas for improvements/builds?

12 minutes ago, TheSilentChloey said:

So I have a build for Mustafa that I'm curious to see if it can be improved...

He's got the following:

Barrier Axe+ +Res

Reposition 

Sol

DC

QR

Savage Blow 3

Fort Def/Res 2

He's on a Plegia Theme team (oh god that's so corny) and is the enemy phase tank.  The team doesn't have a healer (because Plegians don't have one 🙄).  His team mates are Aversa (+4) Gangrel (+10) and resplendant Robin (+10) The Team for Reference.  So any ideas for improvements/builds?

Combining DC, QR, and Barrier Axe makes sense, but there are better seals than Fort. Def/Res, and I don't think you'd want Savage Blow on an enemy phase build. I'd suggest switching the C slot for a Smoke skill and the S slot for Distant Def, Atk/Def Solo, or a Bond or Stance skill, depending on how you want to use him. You could also move QR to the S slot so he can run another B skill, if you have any good options on hand like a Lull or Null skill.

I also think Sol could get awkward, unless you're sure he's going to get doubled, since otherwise it won't trigger in one round of combat. Noontime seems safer to me, or Moonbow to help his damage output.

50 minutes ago, Othin said:

Combining DC, QR, and Barrier Axe makes sense, but there are better seals than Fort. Def/Res, and I don't think you'd want Savage Blow on an enemy phase build. I'd suggest switching the C slot for a Smoke skill and the S slot for Distant Def, Atk/Def Solo, or a Bond or Stance skill, depending on how you want to use him. You could also move QR to the S slot so he can run another B skill, if you have any good options on hand like a Lull or Null skill.

I also think Sol could get awkward, unless you're sure he's going to get doubled, since otherwise it won't trigger in one round of combat. Noontime seems safer to me, or Moonbow to help his damage output.

Brave Ike has the QR seal and I use him for guides on content I can't clear.  Mustafa's speed is low enough that just about everything doubles him or will double him, so Sol is fine, he's getting it off often enough.

So, from the 180 BST freebies we got, I'm leaning towards building Ninja Hana for Arena (if a red/blue freebie with 180 doesn't show up till she's on the shop). What I'm thinking for her build is:

Ninja Hana +Spd
Deck Swabber (+Spd)
Dual Rally
Aether
DC
Spurn
Any 300 Sp skill, like Joint Drive
Flashing Blade SS

Is that okayish?

Edited by Rinco

25 minutes ago, TheSilentChloey said:

Brave Ike has the QR seal and I use him for guides on content I can't clear.  Mustafa's speed is low enough that just about everything doubles him or will double him, so Sol is fine, he's getting it off often enough.

If you use him for guides, doesn't that involve changing his skill set?

If Sol is working, feel free to keep it, but be aware that building Mustafa further may result in him getting doubled less.

I do still recommend changing the C and S slots.

23 minutes ago, Othin said:

If you use him for guides, doesn't that involve changing his skill set?

If Sol is working, feel free to keep it, but be aware that building Mustafa further may result in him getting doubled less.

I do still recommend changing the C and S slots.

I have found it doesn't happen often, depending on the guide.  But for what it's worth Mustafa's build is actually one that I'm comfortable with.  It gives him higher visible def and res so he can bait mages.  Particularly blue/greens.

22 hours ago, TheSilentChloey said:

He's got the following:

Barrier Axe+ +Res

Reposition 

Sol

DC

QR

Savage Blow 3

Fort Def/Res 2

As @Othin has said, I would replace C and Sacred Seals slot, and maybe the Special.

Sol is okay and you can leave it as the default, but I would give him Noontime too. Depending on the map, if there are a lot of armor units, Noontime would outheal Sol since Noontime will always trigger as long as the enemy does not have Wary Fighter or something like that. Also, depending on the map, you may also want to consider adding or moving healing to the Sacred Seal slot via Mystic Boost or Renewal. Mystic Boost and Renewal cannot be disrupted by Guard, and Mystic Boost will always trigger after combat, and Renewal will always trigger every other turn with or without combat.

I also strongly discourage using Fort. Def/Res on the Sacred Seal slot. Mirror Stance provides the same magical bulk, increases his damage output, and also increases the effectiveness of healing Specials since dealing more damage also means healing more. The loss in Def is slightly offset by better healing, but if you are using him primarily to bait mages, then the loss in Def is not a huge deal. He also got respectable Def anyways, so I do not think he really needs more unless you are trying to do Abyssal difficulty or something.

20 hours ago, Rinco said:

So, from the 180 BST freebies we got, I'm leaning towards building Ninja Hana for Arena (if a red/blue freebie with 180 doesn't show up till she's on the shop). What I'm thinking for her build is:

Ninja Hana +Spd
Deck Swabber (+Spd)
Dual Rally
Aether
DC
Spurn
Any 300 Sp skill, like Joint Drive
Flashing Blade SS

Is that okayish?

I lean towards Slaying Axe. Not every enemy defense team uses Chills or debuffs, and some maps are cramped so you might not have space to be alone, but a faster Aether is always helpful.

Depending on what Tier you are in, if you see a lot of armor units, I also recommend giving her Slaying Hammer as an alternative option to deal with troublesome armor units during weeks with heavy armor prescence.

Edited by XRay

@XRay I'm on Tier 20.5, só usually lots of armors. Also, enemies always use Rallys, that's what Deck Swabber is for. Nullifying the enemy's bonus to the stats that matter in combat while also lowering their Atk/Def by 5. 

Slaying Axe without a breath effect wouldn't let me proc Aether every combat with just Flashing Blade Seal, so 4 and 5 CD isn't that different. Slaying Hammer could be an option, but I still think the Swabber is more versatile...

7 minutes ago, Rinco said:

@XRay I'm on Tier 20.5, só usually lots of armors. Also, enemies always use Rallys, that's what Deck Swabber is for. Nullifying the enemy's bonus to the stats that matter in combat while also lowering their Atk/Def by 5. 

Woops, I read Deck Swabber wrong. I thought it said your own penalties.

But yeah, in that case, Deck Swabber is pretty good.

8 minutes ago, Rinco said:

Slaying Axe without a breath effect wouldn't let me proc Aether every combat with just Flashing Blade Seal, so 4 and 5 CD isn't that different. Slaying Hammer could be an option, but I still think the Swabber is more versatile...

Flashing Blade lets you trigger Aether against enemies with Brave Weapons or guaranteed follow ups, such as Bold Fighter armors

In the below scenarios, are the chances of me pulling a focus unit roughly the same if I pull the same color on both banners as the color share color in banner 1? Hopefully that made sense.

1) 4 unit banner; 2 units color sharing

2) 3 unit banner; no color sharing

If I'm understanding things correctly, in scenario 1, the chances of pulling a specific focus unit should be 3%/4 = 0.75% but the chances of pulling either color share focus unit would be 3%/3 = 1%?

5 minutes ago, Flying Shogi said:

In the below scenarios, are the chances of me pulling a focus unit roughly the same if I pull the same color on both banners as the color share color in banner 1? Hopefully that made sense.

1) 4 unit banner; 2 units color sharing

2) 3 unit banner; no color sharing

If I'm understanding things correctly, in scenario 1, the chances of pulling a specific focus unit should be 3%/4 = 0.75% but the chances of pulling either color share focus unit would be 3%/3 = 1%?

Yes, that's correct. Color sharing doesn't impact how often the unit appears, but number of units on the banner does. Fewer units means the focus rate is split among fewer options. 

If you're sniping one color, a 3-character 3% banner gives you about a 4% rate, and a 2-character one would give you a 6% rate. 

5 hours ago, Othin said:

If you're sniping one color, a 3-character 3% banner gives you about a 4% rate, and a 2-character one would give you a 6% rate.

Wouldn't a 2 unit no color share banner be 4.5% of obtaining any 5* of the focus color? 

3 unit banner, no color share, 3% focus & non-focus = (3%[focus]/3 = 1%) + 3%[non focus] = 4%

2 unit banner, no color share, 3% focus & non-focus = (3%[focus]/2 = 1.5%) + 3%[non focus] = 4.5% 

Is there something I'm missing?

Edited by Flying Shogi

26 minutes ago, Flying Shogi said:

Wouldn't a 2 unit no color share banner be 4.5% of obtaining any unit of the focus color? 

3 unit banner, no color share, 3% focus & non-focus = (3%[focus]/3 = 1%) + 3%[non focus] = 4%

2 unit banner, no color share, 3% focus & non-focus = (3%[focus]/2 = 1.5%) + 3%[non focus] = 4.5% 

Is there something I'm missing?

No. Sniping a specific color multiplies your odds of pulling a focus unit of that color by 4.

On a 3-unit banner, each unit is 1% of the orbs generated, and therefore about 4% of the orbs of their color. Add the 3% non-focus rate and you get a total 5* rate of about 7%.

On a 2-unit banner, each unit is 1.5% of the orbs generated, and therefore about 6% of the orbs of their color. Add the 3% non-focus rate and you get a total 5* rate of about 9%.

There have been a few banners (particularly for Voting Gauntlets) where every unit is the same color. On those banners, pulling that color gives you a focus rate of about 12%, for a total 5* rate of about 15%. Which is also the same math behind 4* focus units: they're 3.75% of the orbs generated (3% 4* + 0.75% 5*), making them 5 times as common as the other units on their banner and meaning you have about a 15% chance of pulling them when sniping their color. (Add the 3% focus rate as well for a total "not generic 3-4*" rate of 18%.)

1 hour ago, Othin said:

No. Sniping a specific color multiplies your odds of pulling a focus unit of that color by 4.

What's the reasoning behind this?

I think there was a flaw in my understanding. If we're looking at a weekly revival banners where there are 3 units, the focus rate is 4%, and the non-focus rate is 2%(focus units included), the chances for

• any 5* is 4% + 2% = 6%   
  • focus color 5* should be (4%[focus]/3 = ~1.33%) + (2%/n) where n is the number of eligible 5* heroes of that color as opposed to the complete 2% non-focus rate?
    • ex: if I wanted BH!Roy on the current weekly revival banner, the chances of that is ~1.33% + (2%/63[32 new 5* reds + 31 old 5* reds] = ~0.03%) = ~1.36% 
Edited by Flying Shogi

3 minutes ago, Flying Shogi said:

What's the reasoning behind this?

I think there was a flaw in my understanding. If we're looking at a weekly revival banners where there are 3 units, the focus rate is 4%, and the non-focus rate is 2%(focus units included), the chances for

• any 5* is 4% + 2% = 6%   
  • focus color 5* should be (4%[focus]/3 = ~1.33%) + (2%/n) where n is the number of eligible 5* heroes of that color as opposed to the complete 2% non-focus rate?
    • ex: if I wanted BH!Roy on the current weekly revival banner, the chances of that is ~1.33% + (2%/63 = ~0.03%) = ~1.36% 

Say someone takes 100 hollow balls. 25 red, 25 blue, 25 green, and 25 grey. Then they take three prizes and put one in a red ball, one in a blue ball, and one in a green ball.

They mix the balls together and let you pick one to open. If you pick a random color, you've got a 3% chance of getting some prize, and a 1% chance of getting a specific prize. But if you pick red specifically, you know the red prize is in one of the 25 red ball, so you have a 4% chance of getting the red prize, and also a 4% chance of getting a prize at all because you can't get the blue or green prizes from a red ball.

That's how the math works. In Heroes, the colors aren't completely evenly split, so it's more like 30 red and 20 green, but it's close enough to work as a rough baseline.

I'll switch to a blue unit because the math is easier. On a weekly revival banner with Brave Lucina, about 1.33% of orbs contain Brave Lucina, so if you pick a random color, you have about 1.33% odds of getting her. But while the game generates about 1.33 copies of Brave Lucina per 100 orbs, it generates about 25 blue orbs per 100 orbs. So it's 1.33 copies of Brave Lucina per 25 blue orbs, so the math is 1.33/25 = 5.32%. That's 4 times the odds you'd get from pulling all colors.

I have a turn 1 set up where I place fallen Tiki in Liliana's range in her current mystic battle. The armour knight attacks Tiki, then Lilina attacks, Tiki counters and kills, then the blue mage attacks. It works well enough, only in the rest of the battle Tiki needs more sustainablity. So I decided to switch out Bonfire for Aether. Bonfire wasn't doing much but overkill anyway. However, not with Aether equipped turn 1 goes down differently. I put everyone in the same place, but for some reason the blue mage attacks Tiki before Lilina. Tiki can't kill the blue mage, which prompts Lilina to move to the west messing up the whole strategy.

So anyway with all that being said, I'm not looking for strategies to win the fight, I'm sure I'll figure that out. No, I just wonder why changing out my special skill caused the ai to react differently. Why is Lilina acting later because Tiki now has a skill that's less dangerous for her?

7 hours ago, Jotari said:

I have a turn 1 set up where I place fallen Tiki in Liliana's range in her current mystic battle. The armour knight attacks Tiki, then Lilina attacks, Tiki counters and kills, then the blue mage attacks. It works well enough, only in the rest of the battle Tiki needs more sustainablity. So I decided to switch out Bonfire for Aether. Bonfire wasn't doing much but overkill anyway. However, not with Aether equipped turn 1 goes down differently. I put everyone in the same place, but for some reason the blue mage attacks Tiki before Lilina. Tiki can't kill the blue mage, which prompts Lilina to move to the west messing up the whole strategy.

So anyway with all that being said, I'm not looking for strategies to win the fight, I'm sure I'll figure that out. No, I just wonder why changing out my special skill caused the ai to react differently. Why is Lilina acting later because Tiki now has a skill that's less dangerous for her?

Sounds like it's because the enemy has a move that lets it attack without one of its units dying, while it didn't before?