"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

10 hours ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

Okay, so I have a fun oddball Caeda project at +9. She's meant to be a magic tank, a res-based support, and an armored dragon counter.

Her build is:

Wing Sword + Eff

Reposition

Iceberg

Distant Ward

Sabotage Speed

(Pending) Rein Spd/Def

Def Ploy Seal

Should I keep her as +Atk superboon to help her against armored units (especially the armored dragons that she'll be really good against) or switch her to +Spd on the last merge to deal with all the speed creep and make her weapon more reliable?

I would go with +Atk. Being able to double does not mean much when each hit does not hit hard enough.

I also advise against mixing combat and support skills together. You get a lot more out of having units specializing in either combat or support. Even with +10+10 and Resplendent stats, without a dedicated support build, Caeda is not going to inflict much Sabotages and Ploys against most Abyssal enemies. And in combat against Abyssal enemies, it is not a good idea to challenge them when half your skills does nothing in combat.

Personally, I do not think it is a good idea to turn her into a support unit since so many other units can do that role better with higher Res and/or Weapons that are meant for support.

As for turning her into a mage tank, I am kind of skeptical about that. She should be mostly fine in Abyssal, but she should steer clear of modern bosses in Abyssal and most nukes in PvP in general. Speed creep is a thing, and she simply does not have the Spd nor access to the right skills to deal with hard hitting bosses and nukes.

5 hours ago, Sil/phire said:

3. I have a few reginns and plumerias (not the new years one) and i want to merge them, what asset should i prioritize for them, attack or speed? Reginn looks like attack would be best because of her high mobility, which i thinks makes for a hit-and-run play style, and plumeria i'm not sure; she's a magic unit so im thinking attack. What do you think is most beneficial?

I do NOT recommend merging Reginn and Plumeria.

The Reginn with Normalized Trait (i.e.: no Assets nor Flaws) that you get from Story Maps should be kept clean and unsoiled by merges and Flowers. You need her to be at +0+0 to follow guides easily. As for any other additional Reginns, feel free to merge them up. Just remember to keep the Story Map one separate. Having two Reginns is not that useful for Aether Raids, but having two Reginns can definitely make Resonant Battles a lot easier.

As for Plumeria, I strongly discourage merging any of them until you have more than 3 copies. One of the strongest team composition in Aether Raids involves stuffing it full of Plumerias: BH!Ike, BH!Lucina, Reginn, and TWO or THREE Plumerias. Having three Plumerias will give your super tank +12 Spd, and that additional Spd is important for triggering Spurn to help BH!Ike mitigate even more damage.

As for Reginn (the one that is not from Story Maps), whether she should go +Atk or +Spd depends on how you want her to operate. If you want minimal investment, I recommend going with +Atk and have her operate as a one shot nuke with her base kit and Death Blow on her Sacred Seal slot.

For Plumeria, if you have one that is +Res, I would give her the following skill set to compliment super tanks that uses Spurn:
+Res
Flower of Plenty
Sweet Dreams
(Any Special) — Moonbow
Fort. Def/Res — Fortress Res
Sabotage Spd — Wings of Mercy
Spd Ploy
Phantom Res
The idea is to debuff the enemy's Spd so Spurn is more effective at reducing damage. For the A slot, Fort. Def/Res is ideal, but it is also very expensive, so I would not worry about giving that skill to her right now; Fortress Res is only 1 less point in Res, but it is also much cheaper for practically the same performance. As for the B slot, you can go with Sabotage Spd to deal mass debuff against the entire enemy team, or you can go with Wings of Mercy to give your super tank more mobility.

4. I have a lot of 4 and 3 star units and i want to make a few merged 5* units with them. Are any of the older units worth the effort? like lonqu, lilina, fiorina, kaze, etc.

Speaking from a PvP view point, out of that list, only Lon'qu is worth it in my opinion. Lon'qu does not have overly high Atk, decent Spd, and relatively low bulk, all important characteristics for a good Galeforcer.

Lilina is definitely still decent, but she is a bit outclassed for modern high difficulty content. I do not want to say she is a bad unit, but she is not top tier.

For notable units in the 3*/4* pool that I can confidently say are really good and timeless:

Spoiler

Ares
Caeda
Eliwood
Lon'qu
M!Corrin
Olivia
Silvia
Tharja
Clair
Cordelia
Raven
Nino
Reyson
Tethys

The following units are all still good, but are either a bit niche or are a bit outclassed by modern units:

Spoiler

Lilina
Palla
Catria
Est
Mae
Reinhardt
Tailtiu
Nowi
Mordecai
Fae
Barst
Cherche
Boey
Klein
Virion
Forrest
Azama*
Wrys*
Merlinus*
*These units have really low Atk and are helpful in softening up enemies in Special Training Maps.

— — — — — — —

6. Are forma units worth getting? I like the tokyo units and i would like to build up tsubasa, any suggestions for what skills i should look for?

In my opinion, I agree with @Xenomata that Forma units are definitely worth getting if you plan to spend, and I will just expand on his reply a little more.

For skills, you want something that is either expensive or are limited in availability. But when presented with a choice between those two options, I rather get something that are limited in availability since I can always just spend more money to get something more expensive. For example, my current Forma pick would be Eleonora, and she currently has Bouquet Bow because that Weapon can only be obtained from Grail units, and you can only get some Grail unit only 22 times; she used to have Helm Bow, but since I can get that pretty easily by simply spending more Orbs, I went with Bouquet Bow.

As for skills, I personally do NOT recommend Push skills if you want to use her as a player phase unit. Push skills stop working after reaching below 25% HP, you need to lug around a healer to bring the nuke back into operational range, and it synergises poorly with Desperation and Wings of Mercy due to that dependency on healing.

Personally, if I was picking Tsubasa, I would pick the following skills in order of priority. Skills in red should only be picked as a last resort option if the above options are not available. Skills in red are still decent, but they are either not as great or can be obtained with cheaper means.

Spoiler

Weapon:
Courtly Candle (Grail only) — Wagasa (Grail only) — Casa Blanca (Grail Only)
Ninja Yari
It's Curtains...
Lofty Blossom
Slaying Lance

The first row of options are only placed highly because they are limited and hard to obtain. If you want an actually strong Weapon, pick Ninja Yari or It's Curtains...; I personally lean towards Ninja Yari for its insanely high damage output. It's Curtains... is also nice for consistent Galeforce builds, but I think Cordelia can already do that really well with minimal investment.

Assist:
Harsh Command
Rally Up Atk
These do not really matter and it is entirely up to personal preference.

Special:
Ruptured Sky
Galeforce

A:
Brazen Atk/Spd
Life and Death
Fury
Swift Sparrow

B:
Dive Bomb
Pegasus Flight
Dull Close
If you plan to stick with Mirage Feather most of the time, you want to Pegasus Flight or Dull Close; I personally lean towards Dull Close since her Res is not that spectacular. If you plan to use Ninja Yari or It's Curtains... a lot, then I recommend going for Dive Bomb.

C;
Spd/Def Rein
Atk/Spd Rein
Rouse Atk/Spd
Joint Drive Atk — Joint Drive Spd

Xenomata has already explained the difference, so I will not elaborate here.

— — — — — — —

1 hour ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

Anyway, I have another question. Wendy will probably be my next merge project. Would atk, def, or res be optimal? I'm thinking atk to do more damage and get more Aether healing.

Build is her standard Weighted Lance + Eff, Aether, Pivot/Swap, DC, Vengeful.

Definitely +Atk for Gwendolyn. I would normally recommend +Def/Res for slow tanks, but after using Sheena for years now, her low Atk was not too noticeable nor too big of a problem at first, but you definitely notice it overtime when facing newer and more modern units with increasingly higher bulk. She might survive really well with +Def/Res, but simply surviving is not going to win you the match as you need to kill things.

If you got the dough for Armored Stride, I recommend a dual phase set up with Bold Fighter since her Weapon works on both phases. Dual phase armor units with reasonable mobility are actually pretty fun to use, although they are far from top tier or anything.
+Atk
Weighted Lance (special)
Reposition — Swap
Aether — Galeforce
Distant Counter — Svalinn Shield — Atk/Res Solo
Bold Fighter
Armored Stride
Quick Riposte

Edited by XRay

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it wasteful to merge Flayn? I had a +Def copy I was considering merging onto my +Atk copy, but I wondered if stacking Caduceus Staff with itself was considered viable, in AR-D teams specifically. 

16 minutes ago, uhmuzing said:

Is it wasteful to merge Flayn? I had a +Def copy I was considering merging onto my +Atk copy, but I wondered if stacking Caduceus Staff with itself was considered viable, in AR-D teams specifically. 

You can stack multiple Caduceus Staves, but I do not think it is necessary to run two Flayns on one team.

Instead, I would give one of them Light Blessing and the other Astra Blessing so both of your super tank teams can benefit.

I have two BH!Ike super tank teams, and they are practically identical. Being able to run the same team composition week after week makes things a lot easier.

Edited by XRay

What's a good build for Lena? I am just thinking of giving her Palm Staff. So far I just have her at +4 and +Atk. Should I wait until I get one with a different boon? It's unlikely I will use her in PvP modes, as I am not too interested in them. I might use her in Arena so that I can have a healer, but I'm unsure at the moment.

1 hour ago, GuiltyLove said:

What's a good build for Lena? I am just thinking of giving her Palm Staff. So far I just have her at +4 and +Atk. Should I wait until I get one with a different boon? It's unlikely I will use her in PvP modes, as I am not too interested in them. I might use her in Arena so that I can have a healer, but I'm unsure at the moment.

She is kind of slow, so I would not give her Palm Staff unless you really want to turn her into an all out nuke. But even as an all out nuke, I personally prefer Pain for area of effect damage for higher total damage output against a group of enemies, and Pain does not cost Grails. You can also just stick with Gravity as Gravity is still really good at slowing down opponents.

Nuke:
+Spd
Pain — Gravity — Palm Staff
Wrathful Staff Refinement
Return
Atk/Spd Solo
Dazzling Staff
Joint Drive Spd — Savage Blow
Atk/Spd Solo — Savage Blow

Counter-Vantage:
+Atk
Pain
Return
Close Counter
Vantage
Joint Drive Atk — Savage Blow
Brazen Atk/Res

If Ryan & Cecil (from FE3&FE12)  in Fire Emblem Heores. What their skills would be ?

( Please quote me when replying. So I can get Notifications & easy to know when someonne replied to me )

Edited by Hasechi Meguhami

51 minutes ago, TheSilentChloey said:

So I finally got winter Lissa...

-Atk/+Def how badly gimped is she?  Should I keep her or fodder her axe to Groom Marth for the build I am thinking of doing to make him an enemy phase tank?

Having a bad Flaw is generally not an issue unless you are tackling stuff like Aether Raids and Abyssal maps. If you are not interested in those modes, then what Traits a unit have honestly does not really matter. She can run Bold Fighter-Quick Riposte, so while -Atk is annoying, it is not a huge issue if you are just using her for Tempest Trials or Lunatic Maps and below. She might do okay too in older Infernal maps, although she will probably need some support for newer Infernal maps due to the stat and skill creep.

I made do with Sheena for years in Arena Assault Team 1, and she has a pathetic base Atk of 30. If I did not use her in PvP so much, I would have left her with +Def/Res instead of switching her over to +Atk. For all other modes I occasionally use her in, she does pretty well since enemies are not that bulky. A Bonfire trigger is going to knock most units out, so I would not be too worried about -Atk unless you are using her in higher difficulty modes like Aether Raids or Abyssal.

For armor units, since they got access to armor exclusive skills, stats are generally a bit less of an issue compared to their movement. If you do not mind how annoying they are to move around, I recommend keeping her since she is the only Awakening armor unit besides Kjell that has Bold Fighter by default, so she would be useful in stuff like Limited Hero Battles and Resonant Battles.

I personally hate using most armor units due to how slow they move. If she was not a Special Hero and I have more than two copies of her, I would fodder her extra copies.

Edited by XRay

1 hour ago, Hasechi Meguhami said:

If Ryan & Cecil (from FE3&FE12)  in Fire Emblem Heores. What their skills would be ?

( Please quote me when replying. So I can get Notifications & easy to know when someonne replied to me )

There's no way to guess. It'd depend on the rarity they're released at and how much the standards for that rarity change by then.

We don't even know what role they'd be designed for, since they don't really have a specific established playstyle.

1 hour ago, XRay said:

Having a bad Flaw is generally not an issue unless you are tackling stuff like Aether Raids and Abyssal maps. If you are not interested in those modes, then what Traits a unit have honestly does not really matter. She can run Bold Fighter-Quick Riposte, so while -Atk is annoying, it is not a huge issue if you are just using her for Tempest Trials or Lunatic Maps and below. She might do okay too in older Infernal maps, although she will probably need some support for newer Infernal maps due to the stat and skill creep.

I made do with Sheena for years in Arena Assault Team 1, and she has a pathetic base Atk of 30. If I did not use her in PvP so much, I would have left her with +Def/Res instead of switching her over to +Atk. For all other modes I occasionally use her in, she does pretty well since enemies are not that bulky. A Bonfire trigger is going to knock most units out, so I would not be too worried about -Atk unless you are using her in higher difficulty modes like Aether Raids or Abyssal.

For armor units, since they got access to armor exclusive skills, stats are generally a bit less of an issue compared to their movement. If you do not mind how annoying they are to move around, I recommend keeping her since she is the only Awakening armor unit besides Kjell that has Bold Fighter by default, so she would be useful in stuff like Limited Hero Battles and Resonant Battles.

I personally hate using most armor units due to how slow they move. If she was not a Special Hero and I have more than two copies of her, I would fodder her extra copies.

I have Grima +10 +10 lol he's my go to green armour unit with Atk/Res Unity and crafty fighter.  Winissa would be for fun/not likely to see much use other than maybe theme team clears, though she's damn cute.

3 hours ago, Othin said:

There's no way to guess. It'd depend on the rarity they're released at and how much the standards for that rarity change by then.

We don't even know what role they'd be designed for, since they don't really have a specific established playstyle.

( see

8 hours ago, XRay said:

She is kind of slow, so I would not give her Palm Staff unless you really want to turn her into an all out nuke. But even as an all out nuke, I personally prefer Pain for area of effect damage for higher total damage output against a group of enemies, and Pain does not cost Grails. You can also just stick with Gravity as Gravity is still really good at slowing down opponents.

Nuke:
+Spd
Pain — Gravity — Palm Staff
Return
Atk/Spd Solo
Dazzling Staff
Joint Drive Spd — Savage Blow
Atk/Spd Solo — Savage Blow

Counter-Vantage:
+Atk
Pain
Return
Close Counter
Vantage
Joint Drive Atk — Savage Blow
Brazen Atk/Res

Thanks. I guess I'll stick with Pain or Gravity, then. Why Close Counter? Her physical defense doesn't seem all that great. Unfortunately, I don't have Return, so I'll just use her default skill in the meantime. I'll look for Atk/Spd Solo fodder if I have any.

9 minutes ago, GuiltyLove said:

Thanks. I guess I'll stick with Pain or Gravity, then. Why Close Counter? Her physical defense doesn't seem all that great. Unfortunately, I don't have Return, so I'll just use her default skill in the meantime. I'll look for Atk/Spd Solo fodder if I have any.

The only stat that matters for Counter-Vantage units is Atk, and you want to ramp that up as high as possible. If you can hit first to kill something, then your HP, Spd, Def, and Res simply do not matter. While Pain units do not have access to insanely high Atk that Blade mages do, Pain units can deal area-of-effect damage even on enemy phase every time they attack. Over time, that Pain damage really adds up, as each time Pain hits something, 10 HP is deducted from the enemy units that are nearby.

It is not really good as a primary combat unit for maps where enemies are fewer and more spread out, since Pain units rely on out of combat damage to simulate high Atk, but it can be decent in maps where you just need a healer with minor combat performance to hold their own against weakened enemies.

Edited by XRay

17 hours ago, Hasechi Meguhami said:

You're probably best having a look at what people are saying in the Create A Hero thread.

4 hours ago, Jotari said:

You're probably best having a look at what people are saying in the Create A Hero thread.

thank you. I will

Sacred Seals can be equipped to skill slot S, and are effectively movable Passives.

What does "effectively movable Passives" mean ?

Edited by Hasechi Meguhami

6 hours ago, Hasechi Meguhami said:

thank you. I will

Sacred Seals can be equipped to skill slot S, and are effectively movable Passives.

What does "effectively movable Passives" mean ?

Passives are A/B/C skills. Seals are like them but you can move them from one unit to another. 

Glitnir's description: "Grants Atk+3. If unit initiates combat and foe uses sword, lance, axe, dragonstone, or beast damage, grants Atk+6 during combat, and if unit initiates combat against a foe that can counter, unit makes a guaranteed follow-up attack."

The fact that the two effects are joined as one sentence implies the first condition applies to both, but that's weird since the second condition is pretty much a slightly broader version of the first. Does Gustav only get the guaranteed follow-up against Range 1 foes, or can he also get it against foes with Close Counter?

So.... I am feeling quite dumb asking this question, but, I decided to roll until the first spark or until I got Sara. (I don’t have an attacking mage yet.) I had to spark her, but now I can’t get SP. do i have to equip a lesser healing spell to get SP until she can get enough to attack? Is that the only was since Return+ doesn’t give SP?

1 minute ago, jameslove001 said:

So.... I am feeling quite dumb asking this question, but, I decided to roll until the first spark or until I got Sara. (I don’t have an attacking mage yet.) I had to spark her, but now I can’t get SP. do i have to equip a lesser healing spell to get SP until she can get enough to attack? Is that the only was since Return+ doesn’t give SP?

You can also use shards to level her up, which will give her SP, but those are the only options.

40 minutes ago, jameslove001 said:

I had the same thing with Flayn.

Tbh yes, you should equip the lower tier healing assist skill, that will not only help her level up but she'll gain SP as well.  Once she has her attacking staff, then go ahead and use her assist skill again- although for me Flayn doesn't and hasn't used rescue lol.

On 1/9/2021 at 5:19 PM, Othin said:

Glitnir's description: "Grants Atk+3. If unit initiates combat and foe uses sword, lance, axe, dragonstone, or beast damage, grants Atk+6 during combat, and if unit initiates combat against a foe that can counter, unit makes a guaranteed follow-up attack."

The fact that the two effects are joined as one sentence implies the first condition applies to both, but that's weird since the second condition is pretty much a slightly broader version of the first. Does Gustav only get the guaranteed follow-up against Range 1 foes, or can he also get it against foes with Close Counter?

The second condition is dependent on the first, so it does not work against Close Counter.

The Japanese description is

攻撃+3
敵が剣、槍、斧、竜、獣で、自分から攻撃した時、
戦闘中、攻撃+6、敵が反撃可能なら絶対追撃

Attack +3
If foe is sword, lance, axe, dragon, or beast and unit initiates combat,
during combat, Attack +6, and if foe can counterattack, unit makes a guaranteed follow-up attack.

Quick question...

Can Killer+ weapons be refined?

I have a build idea and would like to know if they're a decent alternative to slaying weapons since I have a couple of units I'm debating to use as SI or not