"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

22 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

The second condition is dependent on the first, so it does not work against Close Counter.

The Japanese description is

攻撃+3
敵が剣、槍、斧、竜、獣で、自分から攻撃した時、
戦闘中、攻撃+6、敵が反撃可能なら絶対追撃

Attack +3
If foe is sword, lance, axe, dragon, or beast and unit initiates combat,
during combat, Attack +6, and if foe can counterattack, unit makes a guaranteed follow-up attack.

Weird. I guess dropping "if foe can counterattack" would make it slightly stronger, in cases where a melee enemy can't counter, but still, it's so strange that they bothered to include that.

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, Othin said:

Weird. I guess dropping "if foe can counterattack" would make it slightly stronger, in cases where a melee enemy can't counter, but still, it's so strange that they bothered to include that.

It basically just prevents you from overriding Windsweep/Watersweep.

2 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

It basically just prevents you from overriding Windsweep/Watersweep.

That's fair, I guess.

Wonder why they didn't just make the whole effect's condition "if foe can counter".

I'm torn between my next refine option. Was saving dew for bow Hinoka's new refine that just came out. But I just got Micaiah from a random free summon a few days ago and I hear she got one of the better refines as well (Garunteed followups in general are insanely good on slower units)

So i'm trying to decide between which one to get next. In terms of pure combat performance, Micaiah will do better for me since I lack a good blue tome unit outside Reinhardt and Selena. And at the same time brave Claude more or less replaced Hinoka for me entirely. But that refine is just what I need to actually give her a different niche over Claude. Since its more support focused.

1 hour ago, Faellin said:

I'm torn between my next refine option. Was saving dew for bow Hinoka's new refine that just came out. But I just got Micaiah from a random free summon a few days ago and I hear she got one of the better refines as well (Garunteed followups in general are insanely good on slower units)

So i'm trying to decide between which one to get next. In terms of pure combat performance, Micaiah will do better for me since I lack a good blue tome unit outside Reinhardt and Selena. And at the same time brave Claude more or less replaced Hinoka for me entirely. But that refine is just what I need to actually give her a different niche over Claude. Since its more support focused.

If you want support, you are better off with M!Corrin, BH!Lucina, or Flayn in my opinion.

Just now, Faellin said:

I already have Corrin and B:Lucina refined.

Then I would not bother with WOF!Hinoka. If you need support from Fates, M!Corrin already got you covered. I would go with Micaiah.

8 hours ago, XRay said:

Then I would not bother with WOF!Hinoka. If you need support from Fates, M!Corrin already got you covered. I would go with Micaiah.

I don't think I agree with that anymore.

Kinshi Hinoka is rarer sure, but her refine gives equally what one M!Corrin gives between debuffs to foes and buffs to allies as long as she remains vaguely near the action (thanks to 3 tile range of the debuff). Most importantly, she isn't locked to supporting one ally.

Multiple M!Corrins can stack and he is far easier to get yes, but if someone is asking about who to gives a refine to I have to assume they aren't loaded with good refines yet. So yeah they should still refine Micaiah, but 3 good refines I have to imagine will get more results than 1 good refine and 2 M!Corrins.

Question of my own: who would be the best type of unit to give a Joint Drive to? Not necessarily the best unit, since really anyone would love to get a free +4 to whatever stat from their C slot, normally dedicated to support and buff skills, but what kind of units would appreciate them most?
If it helps any, I summoned an extra Lilith, I don't even use her, so I have some Joint Drive Atk fodder on my hands.

Edited by Xenomata

3 hours ago, Xenomata said:

Question of my own: who would be the best type of unit to give a Joint Drive to? Not necessarily the best unit, since really anyone would love to get a free +4 to whatever stat from their C slot, normally dedicated to support and buff skills, but what kind of units would appreciate them most?
If it helps any, I summoned an extra Lilith, I don't even use her, so I have some Joint Drive Atk fodder on my hands.

Anyone who typically works off of bond skills or other such skills that require being near allies. Seteth comes immediately to mind with his pref weapon. Mine currently has atk/spd bond 4, aerobatics, and joint drive attack. And he is a complete monster of an offensive support unit.

27 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

I don't think I agree with that anymore.

Kinshi Hinoka is rarer sure, but her refine gives equally what one M!Corrin gives between debuffs to foes and buffs to allies as long as she remains vaguely near the action (thanks to 3 tile range of the debuff). Most importantly, she isn't locked to supporting one ally.

Multiple M!Corrins can stack and he is far easier to get yes, but if someone is asking about who to gives a refine to I have to assume they aren't loaded with good refines yet. So yeah they should still refine Micaiah, but 3 good refines I have to imagine will get more results than 1 good refine and 2 M!Corrins.

M!Corrin gives a solid all stat +4. WOF!Hinoka only gives a reliable Atk/Spd+4. She provides an additional Spd/Def/Res+4 if the super tank is going against a melee opponent and an  additional Atk+4 if the super tank hits melee (assuming she is 1 space away from the super tank), for a total of Atk/Spd+8 and Def/Res+4 under an ideal scenario. I personally prefer the consistency M!Corrin provides.

M!Corrin being locked to one unit is kind of annoying, but it is not a huge issue in my opinion since generally only super tanks require that level of dedicated support, and you generally do not change supports that often.

I guess if you really want another support unit, WOF!Hinoka is fine for the convenience without having to switch supports around, but I do not think that happens a lot to really warrant spending a Refine for.

5 hours ago, Xenomata said:

I would say Wings of Mercy Galeforcers, since they need the stat buff as well as their Galeforce allies.

I personally do not recommend regular support units since I think they will eventually give out regular tier four Drives, so giving them Joint Drives just means you will have to replace it again down the line.

4 hours ago, XRay said:

M!Corrin gives a solid all stat +4. WOF!Hinoka only gives a reliable Atk/Spd+4. She provides an additional Spd/Def/Res+4 if the super tank is going against a melee opponent and an  additional Atk+4 if the super tank hits melee (assuming she is 1 space away from the super tank), for a total of Atk/Spd+8 and Def/Res+4 under an ideal scenario. I personally prefer the consistency M!Corrin provides.

M!Corrin being locked to one unit is kind of annoying, but it is not a huge issue in my opinion since generally only super tanks require that level of dedicated support, and you generally do not change supports that often.

I guess if you really want another support unit, WOF!Hinoka is fine for the convenience without having to switch supports around, but I do not think that happens a lot to really warrant spending a Refine for.

Oh you meant for super tanks.
Even in that scenario though, I personally would prefer to use Hinoka. I'm well aware that Corrin enables supertanks and can also absorb most Chills if you build him right, but Hinoka is an actual combat unit, and in my own experiences there comes a point where the dedicated support gets into the line of combat.

Biggest distinction though: Hinoka's boosts can be used by the AI. Even if the AI sucks at positioning, having any boosts at all is better than having a M!Corrin with the Special refine doing essentially nothing because Supports don't apply in Arena modes.

5 hours ago, Flying Shogi said:

Feh Pass question: if we want to get an older Resplendent, how much does each character(post tax) cost and how much would it cost(post tax) just to subscribe to the pass?

Not sure about the tax, but each Resplendent Hero is five dollars before tax I think. I think Feh Pass itself is about ten dollars before tax.

For the tax, you will have to look up your state's tax since it is different everywhere.

3 hours ago, Karuu30 said:

+atk or +spd for a player phase Seteth? I’m planning on +10 him and I think +spd is better, but I wanted to ask first.

+Spd is better for most units.

+Atk is for units who are Brave nukes, one shot nukes, Blazing nukes, Counter-Vantage units, or combat units with really shitty Atk (Caeda, Clair, Henry, Niles, etc.).

If you do not plan to give Seteth Brave Lance or Ninja Yari, then +Spd is better.

Edited by XRay

3 hours ago, XRay said:

Not sure about the tax, but each Resplendent Hero is five dollars before tax I think. I think Feh Pass itself is about ten dollars before tax.

I see the subscription fee is $9.49. I want to say older Resplendent skins are ~$4.49 each? Can someone confirm?

Edited by Flying Shogi

5 minutes ago, Flying Shogi said:

I see the subscription fee is $9.49. I want to say older Resplendent skins are ~$4.49 each? Can someone confirm?

Older Resplendent heroes are $4.99usd, and 30 days of Feh Pass is $9.49usd. Buying Feh Pass and one old Resplendent hero would come to just under $15usd.

Edited by Xenomata

4 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

Older Resplendent heroes are $4.99usd, and 30 days of Feh Pass is $9.49usd. Buying Feh Pass and one old Resplendent hero would come to just under $15usd.

So post tax would be over $15. Hm... I'll have to give it another thought. Thanks for the confirmation.

Edited by Flying Shogi

On 1/12/2021 at 12:57 AM, XRay said:

@Faellin The two primary benefits of using Hinoka are the fact that she doesn't require being an ally support partner, meaning she can be used on defense and provides her buffs to all allies instead of just one, and the fact that she can be used on a flier team since Corrin and Lucina won't be able to keep up on maps with ground-impassible terrain.

I'm not entirely sure how useful Micaiah's refine really is depending on what you're using her for. If she's mostly being used for clearing armors in Arena Assault (like mine is), she should typically be killing red, blue, and colorless armors in a single hit, rendering the guaranteed follow-up mostly useless against them, and it's still going to be useless against melee green armors because of how frail she is. On the other hand, as long as the opponent either cannot counterattack or uses magic, the guaranteed follow-up could be useful for dealing with non-armored opponents.

57 minutes ago, Samz707 said:

Is it ever said what exactly "Forma" are? are they like some sort of Homunculus?

Trying to look them up mostly just results in the Forma Soul item.

Forma are essentially empty vessels that Thorr's superior Alfaðör (who has yet to appear in any canon) created, given the form of existing heroes but not possessing the spirit of the heroes until given a Forma Soul. Loki refers to them as dolls pr toys, though this is more likely a derogative description of them rather than a true statement. Here's a page with the initial dialogue between Loki and Thorr from the first Hall of Forms.

Forma also appeared in the FEH crossover event that happened last year in Dragalia Lost serving essentially the same purpose, albeit the player is fighting the Forma instead of using them, though I do not recall if any further description of the Forma was present in the event.

For anyone who has +10 merged someone off of a weekly revival banner, anyone able to get me some estimates for orb costs to do so? I have a random urge to +10 Luke for god knows what reason. So I thought i'd save up for his revival banner when it next rotates around.

I already have him at +2 merges as well from random pity breakers over the years, and a recent free summon of him off his previous rerun last week.

And if anyone asks "But why Luke?" Because I can.

Edited by Faellin

18 minutes ago, Faellin said:

For anyone who has +10 merged someone off of a weekly revival banner, anyone able to get me some estimates for orb costs to do so? I have a random urge to +10 Luke for god knows what reason. So I thought i'd save up for his revival banner when it next rotates around.

I already have him at +2 merges as well from random pity breakers over the years, and a recent free summon of him off his previous rerun last week.

And if anyone asks "But why Luke?" Because I can.

It depends on their color. Red is the most difficult color to snipe for, green is the easiest.

https://www.fullyconcentrated.net/fehstatsim/

For 8 copies of Luke, the median cost is about 750 orbs. If you want 90% odds, you'll need about 1100 orbs.

1 minute ago, Othin said:

It depends on their color. Red is the most difficult color to snipe for, green is the easiest.

https://www.fullyconcentrated.net/fehstatsim/

For 8 copies of Luke, the median cost is about 750 orbs. If you want 90% odds, you'll need about 1100 orbs.

1000 shouldn't be to hard to save up by his next rerun. Which i'm guessing is 4-5 months from now with the added book 2 rotations.

9 minutes ago, Faellin said:

1000 shouldn't be to hard to save up by his next rerun. Which i'm guessing is 4-5 months from now with the added book 2 rotations.

He just reran, so about 7 months, assuming things don't change on the next rotation.

Last year, there were 2319 free orbs available from February to August, so about half of those would be enough for that target.

Edited by Othin