Jump to content
Randoman

"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Recommended Posts

He has distant ward as I lack DC fodder and ninja Laevatain that he got the Rein from had it in her kit.

I use him for auto battling mostly in TTs or for the Tower quests and that's why I am afraid of some of the newer bows and daggers. However, distant defence seems like a good choice as it also covers that. Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, SuperNova125 said:

He has distant ward as I lack DC fodder and ninja Laevatain that he got the Rein from had it in her kit.

I use him for auto battling mostly in TTs or for the Tower quests and that's why I am afraid of some of the newer bows and daggers. However, distant defence seems like a good choice as it also covers that. Thanks!

Auto-battle is a very different situation. Distant Def is good, or Brazen Def/Res. Once it's released, Def/Res Solo might be your best bet. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So, the January calendar seems completely off, but there is a special heroes banner coming up (or is it already here?), do we know anything about that or the mythic banner to know if it is worth chasing down the new Peony and Katerina? Or do I just store up the orbs instead? And Peony should come back around correct?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Faellin@Othin@XRay So the units I have down from the three of you...

  • Reinhardt (still good, not meta-defining, may not be as strong as a speedy Brave unit)
  • Seliph
  • Male Corrin (good support, though I have discussed this before)
  • Hawkeye
  • Eliwood
  • Cecilia
  • Black Knight
  • Gwendolyn
  • Sheena
  • Ninja Hana (to be fair, she was my next planned Grail project if nothing game-changing happened to an older grail unit)
  • Raven
  • Tharja (she'd probably make a better counter-vantage bladetome than Nino with her special refine, otherwise basically red Nino)
  • Tailtiu (with Times Pulse to emulate Lysithea)

MAYBES

  • Merric (Infantry Pulse)
  • Lon'qu
  • Ogma
  • Caeda
  • Clair

Hm... this is gonna be quite the thinking session...

@jameslove001 The Special Heroes banner has been going on since the 17th, as advertised in the calender (all times in PST).

As for the Mythic banner, all we have to go off of is speculation, which you can find here in the appropriate discussion thread.

Edited by Xenomata

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, jameslove001 said:

So, the January calendar seems completely off, but there is a special heroes banner coming up (or is it already here?), do we know anything about that or the mythic banner to know if it is worth chasing down the new Peony and Katerina? Or do I just store up the orbs instead? And Peony should come back around correct?

The January seasonal banner just launched, there will also be a February seasonal in a few weeks at the end of the current calendar. 

All seasonals get rerun eventually. Peony and Dorothea are very powerful support units as the only units so far able to dance two units in one turn. Katarina does not look noteworthy to me. 

The mythic banner is speculated to have a strong blue lineup. It's unconfirmed, but since it'll end before the new seasonal banner, I'm waiting to get a look at it before going for Dorothea, personally. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Xenomata said:
  • Reinhardt (still good, not meta-defining, may not be as strong as a speedy Brave unit)
  • Seliph
  • Male Corrin (good support, though I have discussed this before)
  • Hawkeye
  • Eliwood
  • Cecilia
  • Black Knight
  • Gwendolyn
  • Sheena
  • Ninja Hana (to be fair, she was my next planned Grail project if nothing game-changing happened to an older grail unit)
  • Raven
  • Tharja (she'd probably make a better counter-vantage bladetome than Nino with her special refine, otherwise basically red Nino)
  • Tailtiu (with Times Pulse to emulate Lysithea)

Out of that list, I would personally prioritize Eliwood, ITM!Hana/Raven, Tharja, and M!Corrin, since they do not require expensive fodder to work well, with Eliwood being top most.

Between Raven and ITM!Hana, if you are going for Galeforce and resource is not a concern, I would go with ITM!Hana as she is quite a bit faster. The only issue is that she costs Grails, whereas Raven is practically free at this point if you are a veteran player with dozens of manuals.

As for Reinhardt, he is decent, but he feels quite a bit lacking as a raw damage nuke even with max investment, so I would prioritize him lower than Tharja and Tailtiu. If you are just taking him to +10+0, I think that is fine, but I would avoid spending Flowers and premium fodder on him unless you really like him and need a strong Thracia unit for Resonant Battles and Limited Hero Battles.

As for armor units like Gwendolyn and Sheena with low Atk and low overall stats on top of their horrible movement, I am not sure I can recommend any of them. While I do use them for Arena Assault Team 1 (I built them up back when they still scored decently) and they are technically still usable, you do need to restart often due to their horrendous movement and average bulk. Also, you really want +Atk on them as they hit like wet noodles. Personally, I would not build any of them now unless you really need an armor unit for a specific game due to restrictions or something.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, XRay said:

Out of that list, I would personally prioritize Eliwood, ITM!Hana/Raven, Tharja, and M!Corrin, since they do not require expensive fodder to work well, with Eliwood being top most.

Between Raven and ITM!Hana, if you are going for Galeforce and resource is not a concern, I would go with ITM!Hana as she is quite a bit faster. The only issue is that she costs Grails, whereas Raven is practically free at this point if you are a veteran player with dozens of manuals.

As for Reinhardt, he is decent, but he feels quite a bit lacking as a raw damage nuke even with max investment, so I would prioritize him lower than Tharja and Tailtiu. If you are just taking him to +10+0, I think that is fine, but I would avoid spending Flowers and premium fodder on him unless you really like him and need a strong Thracia unit for Resonant Battles and Limited Hero Battles.

As for armor units like Gwendolyn and Sheena with low Atk and low overall stats on top of their horrible movement, I am not sure I can recommend any of them. While I do use them for Arena Assault Team 1 (I built them up back when they still scored decently) and they are technically still usable, you do need to restart often due to their horrendous movement and average bulk. Also, you really want +Atk on them as they hit like wet noodles. Personally, I would not build any of them now unless you really need an armor unit for a specific game due to restrictions or something.

I don't think Reinhardt needs anything fancy, just Death Blow 3 and he's fine. I use him alongside Eliwood and Brave Roy on my Anima team.

I run +Res on both Gwendolyn and Sheena, and I haven't had problems with their damage output in the Coliseum. I've found Gwendolyn to be the stronger of the two, she can OHKO a lot of things with Wrath and an instantly charged Blue Flame or Bonfire. I use her in my main Arena team, alongside BK and Winter Jaffar.

I also want to expand on my pitch for Cecilia - she's a fantastic AR Offense unit, as long as your playstyle allows for color-specific tanks. She can easily bait and rip through a ton of ranged attackers, and she has great reach and mobility.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Othin said:

I don't think Reinhardt needs anything fancy, just Death Blow 3 and he's fine. I use him alongside Eliwood and Brave Roy on my Anima team.

I guess using him to snipe support units is fine. I use him on my defense too and I gave mine Wings of Mercy so he can teleport to Eliwood, but I do not expect him to do well in any capacity against any kind of super tank, unlike Eliwood who is designed to go toe to toe against super tank and at least survive. Super tanks are just too bulky these days and Reinhardt is really fragile due to his slow Spd.

Strictly in player hands though, Reinhardt feels a bit dated. He is definitely still good, but he feels more like Lilina and Mae. They are all definitely still usable, but they are nothing to write home about in my opinion, and I would not prioritize building any of them over units who are stronger.

32 minutes ago, Othin said:

I run +Res on both Gwendolyn and Sheena, and I haven't had problems with their damage output in the Coliseum. I've found Gwendolyn to be the stronger of the two, she can OHKO a lot of things with Wrath and an instantly charged Blue Flame or Bonfire. I use her in my main Arena team, alongside BK and Winter Jaffar.

I use Sheena. Admittedly, mine is only +6+0 without heavy investment, but she feels super lacking in Arena Assault against defense teams in the same performance range as her. If I were to invest in an armor unit now, I rather invest in someone like Flame Emperor with a usable Atk stat and better BST scoring.

Edited by XRay

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, XRay said:

I guess using him to snipe support units is fine. I use him on my defense too and I gave mine Wings of Mercy so he can teleport to Eliwood, but I do not expect him to do well in any capacity against any kind of super tank, unlike Eliwood who is designed to go toe to toe against super tank and at least survive. Super tanks are just too bulky these days and Reinhardt is really fragile due to his slow Spd.

Strictly in player hands though, Reinhardt feels a bit dated. He is definitely still good, but he feels more like Lilina and Mae. They are all definitely still usable, but they are nothing to write home about in my opinion, and I would not prioritize building any of them over units who are stronger.

I use Sheena. Admittedly, mine is only +6+0 without heavy investment, but she feels super lacking in Arena Assault against defense teams in the same performance range as her. If I were to invest in an armor unit now, I rather invest in someone like Flame Emperor with a usable Atk stat and better BST scoring.

Yeah, he can be a bit narrow but he's nice to have around. I use Wings of Mercy on him, too. But yeah, for player phase he's not that impressive, and Thracia has a way better brave ranged cav in the form of Leif.

My Sheena is +10/+9, which helps, and she runs DC/VF/Aether. Personally, I wasn't interested in spending grails on Flame Emperor when they don't have a prf or anything else particularly novel, just a BST bracket that will get outdated eventually.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Speaking of Arena scoring:

What sort of score tends to be needed to maintain T21 these days? With Seliph as my bonus unit, I can get up to 760, but I'm not sure how that compares to the target I should set. (I'm in T20 right now, so this week is an easy advance, the real challenge is next week.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/18/2021 at 8:59 PM, Flying Shogi said:

How much is each BST bin worth in terms of scoring in Arena?

Each 5 points of base stats is worth 1 arena point on a team of 1 with no bonus unit, so that turns into 0.5 points on a team of 4 with a bonus unit.

 

4 hours ago, Othin said:

Speaking of Arena scoring:

What sort of score tends to be needed to maintain T21 these days? With Seliph as my bonus unit, I can get up to 760, but I'm not sure how that compares to the target I should set. (I'm in T20 right now, so this week is an easy advance, the real challenge is next week.)

758 per run should maintain Tier 21 consistently.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Each 5 points of base stats is worth 1 arena point on a team of 1 with no bonus unit, so that turns into 0.5 points on a team of 4 with a bonus unit.

 

758 per run should maintain Tier 21 consistently.

758-point matches, so 3850 points total with the bonus?

Hmm. I can do that, but it won't be easy. Going for the second-highest point level possible is a pain, I like having more wiggle room than that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have Est at +6 and +Spd currently, but I haven't invested in her skills too much yet, so I was wondering if giving one my spare Valentian Catria's Atk/Spd Bond 4 to her was worth it; since she'll always want 2 or more fliers within 2 spaces it seems safe to say she'll be adjacent to one often. 

I was thinking for her build: Prf (+Eff), Draw Back, Moonbow, Atk/Spd Bond 4, Flier Formation 3, Goad/Ward Fliers (maybe eventually Spd/Def Rein) and Ask/Spd Bond 3 for SS. Is this a good build for her? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, uhmuzing said:

I have Est at +6 and +Spd currently, but I haven't invested in her skills too much yet, so I was wondering if giving one my spare Valentian Catria's Atk/Spd Bond 4 to her was worth it; since she'll always want 2 or more fliers within 2 spaces it seems safe to say she'll be adjacent to one often. 

I was thinking for her build: Prf (+Eff), Draw Back, Moonbow, Atk/Spd Bond 4, Flier Formation 3, Goad/Ward Fliers (maybe eventually Spd/Def Rein) and Ask/Spd Bond 3 for SS. Is this a good build for her? 

Even if you already need two fliers within 2 spaces, needing an adjacent unit is a bit limitation, especially on a player phase unit. I suggest trying her out with the Atk/Spd Bond seal to see how well it fits into your playstyle.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have another kind of goofy question (and you all have been incredibly gracious cohorts here). For some reason I decided that it would be fun to do my blessings per game. So at present Three Houses = Wind, Tellius = Earth, Askr = Water, Elibe = Fire. If someone already has a blessing, (ie Eir, Peony) I am not changing it. However, this is where my question comes in, are there any other games that should be combined (because of lack of characters)? Also, is this just a fool-hardy strategy? And, what games would fit the other four blessing types?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, jameslove001 said:

I have another kind of goofy question (and you all have been incredibly gracious cohorts here). For some reason I decided that it would be fun to do my blessings per game. So at present Three Houses = Wind, Tellius = Earth, Askr = Water, Elibe = Fire. If someone already has a blessing, (ie Eir, Peony) I am not changing it. However, this is where my question comes in, are there any other games that should be combined (because of lack of characters)? Also, is this just a fool-hardy strategy? And, what games would fit the other four blessing types?

Honestly, there's only 2 issues with your current setup: the blessings of Fire, Water, Wind, and Earth are useless outside of a select few game modes, and doing it by game means that you're effectively sealing off the efficient ability to use those units in elements they could be good in, for instance Brave Ike, a Tellius unit, would be amazing in AR-O on Light or Astra season (if you had the right units), but he would need to be one of those elements.
I'm sure you're aware, but it's pretty much a purely fun thing to do.

As for the other 4 elements? I think Achanea/Ylisse would fit best with Astra, where the presense of the Divine Dragon Naga is strongest, but I've not the faintest idea for any of the others.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jameslove001 said:

If someone already has a blessing, (ie Eir, Peony) I am not changing it.

You can't give blessings to legendary/mythic units even if you wanted to.

I recommend giving mythic blessings to units you care about, but arbitrary legendary blessings are fine for ones you don't.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, uhmuzing said:

I have Est at +6 and +Spd currently, but I haven't invested in her skills too much yet, so I was wondering if giving one my spare Valentian Catria's Atk/Spd Bond 4 to her was worth it; since she'll always want 2 or more fliers within 2 spaces it seems safe to say she'll be adjacent to one often. 

I was thinking for her build: Prf (+Eff), Draw Back, Moonbow, Atk/Spd Bond 4, Flier Formation 3, Goad/Ward Fliers (maybe eventually Spd/Def Rein) and Ask/Spd Bond 3 for SS. Is this a good build for her? 

I strongly discourage using Bond skills unless you really know what you are doing. Player phase teams do not want Bonds at all. Most enemy phase teams do not want it either as it is too restrictive, and satisfying the positioning requirement leaves your team vulnerable to getting sniped. Bonds are fine in super easy modes like Tempest Trials and Arena that pose little to no challenge, but I would not bother to try to use it in Aether Raids nor Abyssal maps.

For the same reasons, I also strongly discourage using Forms. The positioning requirements are just not worth it.

I would just merge ZC!Catria as she does not really offer much in terms of skill inheritance. If you really want to fodder her, I would prioritize Harsh Command for scoring in Arena and Aerobatics for Aether Raids defense.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So... currently my Light team is Brave Ike, Brave Lucina, Peony, Wrys, and whatever Bonus unit (unless Peony is bonus, in which case Eir), with Bike running Spurn with high Spd. My current Astra team is Ninja Lyn, Altena, Flayn, Naga, Winter Altena, and Reginn in the bonus Astra slot. Only one Peony is kinda bleh, and I have 3 Plumerias (one of whom has been outfitted with SaboAtk and PhantoRes, the other two standard builds with boosted Res on one to get SaboSpd triggered)

So... should I just switch my Bike and Blucina to Astra and make a new Light duo? I'm not at all interested in building a second Bike AND Blucina, so I'd have to run with something new, preferably that meshes with Wrys... (he has SaboAtk to weaken the enemy and Melancholy+ to mess with Special Trigger teams, plus a good amount of HP and Def to tank in an emergency and plenty of Res)

Edited by Xenomata

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...