"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

Fortify Beasts If adjacent units are cavalry(Cecila Mage Cavalry) , could this skill activated ? My  Rayson just got 2 lv up without increase any point except Sp , such a troll lol. Will he appear in special maps for us to fight & recruit ?

Edited by Hasechi

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Hasechi said:

Fortify Beasts If adjacent units are cavalry(Cecila Mage Cavalry) , could this skill activated ?

"Beasts" refers only to units with the beast weapon type, i.e. the icon with the left-facing snarling cat.

1 hour ago, Hasechi said:

Will he appear in special maps for us to fight & recruit ?

Nope. The only units that can be recruited from Special Maps are Hero Battle and Grand Hero Battle characters.

Edited by Ice Dragon

4 hours ago, Hasechi said:

My  Rayson just got 2 lv up without increase any point except Sp , such a troll lol.

Reyson's stats are pretty low since he's a dancer, and being 3* makes his stats even worse.

Hello, returning player here.

I didn't play FE Heroes in a while and i just decided to come back. So i have some heroes sitting around but have no idea what heroes are bad or good in today's meta. 

Could you help me build a team with heroes that i have?

Heroes: Brave Edelgard and Spring Idunn (i plan on using them), Azura, Marth, Ryoma, Leo, Inigo, Mia, Legendary Ike, Chrom, Black knight, Eliwood, Altina, Sanaki, Summer Leo, Sharena, Fjorm, Nephenee, Brave Lucina, Picnic Lukas, Effie, Catria, Tanith, Nowi, Micaiah, Robin, Opheila, Reinhardt, Spring Chrom, Performing Azura, Hector, Camilla, Merric, Shinon, Halloween Jakob, Brave Lyn, Jaffar, Kagero, Halloween Sakura, Eir, Winter Eirika, Veronica, Priscilla, Bride Fjorm, Hostile Springs Sakura, Brave Camilla

What would also be some good heroes i can get atm?

10 minutes ago, Patkkica said:

I didn't play FE Heroes in a while and i just decided to come back. So i have some heroes sitting around but have no idea what heroes are bad or good in today's meta. 

Heroes: Brave Edelgard and Spring Idunn (i plan on using them), Azura, Marth, Ryoma, Leo, Inigo, Mia, Legendary Ike, Chrom, Black knight, Eliwood, Altina, Sanaki, Summer Leo, Sharena, Fjorm, Nephenee, Brave Lucina, Picnic Lukas, Effie, Catria, Tanith, Nowi, Micaiah, Robin, Opheila, Reinhardt, Spring Chrom, Performing Azura, Hector, Camilla, Merric, Shinon, Halloween Jakob, Brave Lyn, Jaffar, Kagero, Halloween Sakura, Eir, Winter Eirika, Veronica, Priscilla, Bride Fjorm, Hostile Springs Sakura, Brave Camilla

In general, older units don't hold up very well, especially without investment.

Brave Edelgard and Shinon are your strongest units. To round out your team, I'd suggest picking up Peony and Reginn from the first chapters of Book 4 and Book 5.

Other strong options you have are Spring Idunn, Altina, Brave Camilla, and Brave Veronica. Most of those other units won't be too good nowadays, although Micaiah and Brave Lucina can both be strong if you refine their weapons.

You can also pick up several 5* units from completing the Hero's Path quests, particularly Brave Ike.

34 minutes ago, Patkkica said:

What mode are you trying to tackle? There is no one team fits all. Aether Raids, Arena, and a few other modes require more consideration and/or more specialized team compositions.

If you want general purpose player phase team to tackle quests and most PvE modes, Ophelia with three Dancers/Singers should work well.

For enemy phase, BH!Ike and BH!Lucina work really well together, and you can either build a super tank team relying on BH!Ike as the only tank, or go for something more traditional and utilize BH!Ike in conjunction with other tanks.

I personally do not recommend forcing ANF!Edelgard to be with FF!Idunn or any armor unit. ANF!Edelgard's mobility is really high, and having her babysitting other armor units is just a huge waste of her potential in my opinion.

— — — — — — —

If you want to spend your Orbs, I recommend DDR!Dorothea, as she is a pretty nice Dancer/Singer and gives player phase teams debuffing options without lugging around a debuffer that cannot Dance/Sing. If you want some potentially meta defining skills, I recommend grabbing LOAK!Gustav and LOAK!Henriette for their Save skills. These three units show the most promise in my opinion.

If you more Orbs to spend, I would grab DM!Ephraim and Sothis. DM!Ephraim can give infantry units a lot of mobility, so he is useful for crafting strategies to tackle some maps. Sothis is useful in Aether Raids to reduce Lift loss on defense, but I would not grab more than 2 copies to fix whatever Flaw she has since she is more of a convenience unit rather than a strong unit. If you want more Time's Pulse fodder though, then feel free to grab more Sothis (and Shinon too) though.

I personally would not bother grabbing other units though unless you are swimming in Orbs. DDR!Raphael is the best bow armor right now. Firesweep-Bold Fighter-Armored Boots gives him better mobility than infantry archers, and bow armors have the best raw damage output out of all Firesweepers. However, he is not really game breaking in my opinion, and units with good combat performance is a dime a dozen. All other units in Love of a King, Hero Fest, and Dark Desert Ritual are good too as units themselves and/or as fodder, but I would not say any of them are crucial.

Edited by XRay

51 minutes ago, Othin said:

Reyson's stats are pretty low since he's a dancer, and being 3* makes his stats even worse.

Dancers don't have a penalty in their growth rates, only in their level 1 stats. He has the same growth rates as any other melee flier of his generation and rarity.

34 minutes ago, Patkkica said:

Both of the seasonal banners and the Hero Fest banner are all very much worth pulling on right now, depending on what you're looking for.

The Hero Fest banner has a focus on fast, heavy-hitting infantry units.

The Valentine banner has 3 extremely good armors and a strong ranged cavalry unit. Alfonse is a 4-star Focus unit with Bold Fighter (though you need to promote him to 5 stars to get the full skill series). This banner also has all of its units sharing a color with another unit, making it very efficient for sniping colors (but could be frustrating if you're only targeting a single character).

The Plegian banner has 3 extremely good ranged fliers (one of which is an offensive dancer and a Harmonized Hero) and the strongest Brave Bow user in the game. Said strongest Brave Bow user is also a 4-star Focus unit for God-knows-why.

Edited by Ice Dragon

9 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Dancers don't have a penalty in their growth rates, only in their level 1 stats. He has the same growth rates as any other melee flier of his generation and rarity.

Oh, interesting.

However, the matter of generation is a bit complicated. Unlike other units released then, dancers from that time have Gen 1 stats, including growth rates.

I'm wondering if anyone can  confirm how bond skills interact with Gustav and Henriette's Saviour skills? 

I'm assuming that if Gustav is either one or two spaces away from a unit and triggered Saviour, the bond skill wouldn't be applied as he's not adjacent to an ally right? Since he's literally on top of it.

Does that mean for bonds to work with saviour, Henriette/Gustav will have to be one/two spaces away from the unit that gets attacked + have another unit be adjacent of the attacked unit?

Edited by zuibangde

14 minutes ago, Hasechi said:

why cant I start battle? look at my team above the picture, they're all earth type

image.thumb.png.e5e8e35216c423ab2b7e60f5bc1eeb46.png

Notice how the map says "Teams: 2, Battles: 2". Rather than a single map, it consists of two maps you'll have to play consecutively, with different teams. So you'll need at least 4 other Earth units in your barracks in order to challenge that, for a total of 8.

IIRC, all Grounds challenges have either 2 or 3 maps, so later ones will increase the requirement to 12 units.

2 minutes ago, TheSilentChloey said:

Best IV set for Valentine Duo Líf?  I have a completely Neutral copy and don't like their push skill, so what alternative A skill would help their survival?

I don't have them myself, but +Atk/-Spd seems like it would be the best pick if you're planning on using Trait Fruits, especially with Atk being a superboon.

For an A slot, anything that boosts Atk/Def or Atk/Res should be good, particularly Unity or Solo skills.

26 minutes ago, Othin said:

I don't have them myself, but +Atk/-Spd seems like it would be the best pick if you're planning on using Trait Fruits, especially with Atk being a superboon.

For an A slot, anything that boosts Atk/Def or Atk/Res should be good, particularly Unity or Solo skills.

Thanks 😄

2 hours ago, TheSilentChloey said:

Best IV set for Valentine Duo Líf?  I have a completely Neutral copy and don't like their push skill, so what alternative A skill would help their survival?

If you want to go full player phase, you may also want to consider [+Atk, -HP] to make it easier to get into HP range. If you want dual phase, I would stick with [+Atk, -Spd] as recommended.

For allies, you also want to use units that prefer to be in low HP like most player phase units, Counter-Vantage units, and Phina.

Edited by XRay

1 hour ago, XRay said:

If you want to go full player phase, you may also want to consider [+Atk, -HP] to make it easier to get into HP range. If you want dual phase, I would stick with [+Atk, -Spd] as recommended.

For allies, you also want to use units that prefer to be in low HP like most player phase units, Counter-Vantage units, and Phina.

Basically pair him with my 10+ male Morgan and watch the carnage ensue.  Because they will make carnage in their wake~.

Alternatively for AR which season would Duo Líf be most useful?  I am almost of a mind to use him in both seasons since his C skill is so terrifying.

19 minutes ago, TheSilentChloey said:

Basically pair him with my 10+ male Morgan and watch the carnage ensue.  Because they will make carnage in their wake~.

Alternatively for AR which season would Duo Líf be most useful?  I am almost of a mind to use him in both seasons since his C skill is so terrifying.

In my opinion, I think he works better on defense as a counter to BH!Ike, but he is okay for offense too.

I think he works in either season since both seasons have Dancers/Singers now, and both Peony and Plumeria can give him in combat Atk buff if he is near them if you plan to use him as a combat unit. The combination of his Weapon, C skill, and Duo Skill together makes him particularly good at enabling Counter-Vantage strategies, and he works with BB!Micaiah and AMH!Hector to support the Counter-Vantage unit.

A ton of Astra Mythics are red though, so make sure you run other colors on the team. LOAK!Líf, Reginn, Altina, Phina, and Plumeria could be a really decent core Astra team if they were not all reds, which is a shame because they all synergise so well together in terms of their skill effects.

For Light Season, if you plan to use Eir with him, then make sure to take off Sparkling Boost or else her healing has the potential to ruin HP ranges of Desperation, Counter-Vantage, Wings of Mercy, and his Duo Skill.

For Aether Raids builds, he has quite a few options:

Spoiler

Counter Vantage:
+Atk, -HP
Þjálfi
Reposition
Moonbow — Ruptured Sky
Close Counter
Vantage
Fatal Smoke
(Any Sacred Seal that boosts Atk) — Savage Blow
With BB!Micaiah, you can throw the pair of a pair of couples onto the frontlines together for a double battle date. Their two Duo Skills combined will turn them into Blade mages without using a Blade tome so they do not care about being Panicked, and their enemies would be so pathetically weak from the HP loss and debuffs. They would still be weak to Firesweepers, so watch out for those enemies.

Dual Phase:
+Atk, -Spd
Þjálfi
Reposition
Moonbow — Ruptured Sky
Close Counter — Atk/Def Solo — Atk/Res Solo
Lull Atk/Res
Pulse Smoke — Fatal Smoke
Atk/Def Solo — Atk/Res Solo
This should work well on a player phase team by giving the team some enemy phase options for better flexibility. Make sure you give him enough Res though so he does not die too easily from mages.

Player Phase:
+Atk, -HP
Þjálfi
Reposition
Moonbow — Ruptured Sky
(Any A that boosts Atk)
Desperation
(Any C)
(Any Sacred Seal that boosts Atk)
Your run of the mill player phase build, and also cheapest to build with nothing fancy required. Death Blow is the easiest to use with no set up involved. You can also use double Brazen Atk/Spd and he can reach 45 Spd without considering any buffs or Mythic stat boots; he is still technically pretty slow at just 45 Spd, but it is deceptively fast considering his visible Spd is just 25.

1 minute ago, Hasechi said:

Does lv affect charater growth ? If we promote 3 star unit to 5 star , would that unit growth get increased ?

Yes, Traits have some effect on growth rates. You can find more detailed information here on stats and growth rates.

Increasing rarity, merges, and Flowers all permanently increase stats.

1 minute ago, Hasechi said:

Does lv affect charater growth ? If we promote 3 star unit to 5 star , would that unit growth get increased ?

IVs, assets and flaws, whatever you wanna call them only affect a stat by 3-4 points at level 40, but as the unit is leveling from 2-39 there is a slight effect in how the units stats are raised. Keep in mind, however, that a unit will always have the same general statline by the time they reach level 40, so unlike the main series FE games you can't end up with a normal Chrom with high Spd but middling Atk or something, for sake of example.
Also keep in mind that even though they are the same character, a characters alts can have vastly different level 40 statlines, though such was more common in the early days of FEH, such as normal Nowi having a slightly more atk/def based statline compared to her Witchy counterpart specializing more in Atk and Spd.

The page Xray linked to gives a detailed explanation for how growth works, but once you get beyond the beginning stages of the game (usually once you are able to take on Grand Hero Battles and later tiers of Arena, Aether Raids, etc.) you won't need to pay any attention to lv2-39 stats. If you want to see how a characters Lv1 or Lv40 stats will look between each rarity, you can check either Gamepedia or Gamepress on each websites page for each unit.

25 minutes ago, Hasechi said:

@XRaythanks; ( i think i should update units to 5 stars first, then train them later

I recommend training them even if they are not 5*. It lets them build up more SP for learning skills later.