"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, Hasechi said:

If I used Ninian/Olivia/any dancer(with full skills like you suggest) , then after that I found another better dancer.,could I inherit all those skills to that new dancer ? And the charater that inherit to other unit get destroyed ?

Inherit sources do get destroyed, and you can only pick four skills to keep from them, with each level counting as a separate skill. So inheriting from units that have already inherited a skill tends to be pretty inefficient.

So my policy is to only use trait fruits on grail units, since they can never get boons, while any random character I might eventually pull the boon I most want. And next up for me is my +10 merge Alvis. So what do you think is the best trait for Alvis? My initial thought was HP to make better use of recovery ring (which I kept on him even though there's plenty of better B skills out there, only changes to him I've really made is Fury 4 on his A slot). Then I noticed a super boon in Res and thought that might make him launch icebergs better, but ultimately that would be just +2 damage when I could give him +2 atk anyway, and he doesn't need any more help tanking magic, though a Res boon might help him with ploys. Or maybe the best thing would be to help sure up his defense. So I'm clearly indescive, anyone care to weigh an opinion, I know he's not the most useful character in the game, but I'm find of him.

4 minutes ago, Jotari said:

So my policy is to only use trait fruits on grail units, since they can never get boons, while any random character I might eventually pull the boon I most want. And next up for me is my +10 merge Alvis. So what do you think is the best trait for Alvis? My initial thought was HP to make better use of recovery ring (which I kept on him even though there's plenty of better B skills out there, only changes to him I've really made is Fury 4 on his A slot). Then I noticed a super boon in Res and thought that might make him launch icebergs better, but ultimately that would be just +2 damage when I could give him +2 atk anyway, and he doesn't need any more help tanking magic, though a Res boon might help him with ploys. Or maybe the best thing would be to help sure up his defense. So I'm clearly indescive, anyone care to weigh an opinion, I know he's not the most useful character in the game, but I'm find of him.

Looks like Gamepress recommends Atk or Res. I don't think HP would be very good.

11 hours ago, Hasechi said:

( g0t them both 4 stars. The copy I used is already at level. What should I do now? Should I  train the other copy to level 40 then merge ? Also, both of them have different flaw'boon,  If I merged them, what bew flaw/boon will apply ?

What are their Traits?

If you plan to use him as a player phase or dual phase unit, I would go with +Atk if you have it. +Def/Res are the next best Assets.

When you a merge a unit, you will keep the base unit (the unit on the left side of the merge screen) and it will retain its Asset, and its Flaw will be fixed. The fodder unit (the unit on the right side of the merge screen) will be sacrificed, but it will pass on any skills it has acquired or learned to the base unit.

11 hours ago, Hasechi said:

If I used Ninian/Olivia/any dancer(with full skills like you suggest) , then after that I found another better dancer.,could I inherit all those skills to that new dancer ? And the charater that inherit to other unit get destroyed ?

Do NOT sacrifice any Dancers/Singers that you only have one copy of. I recommend keeping at least one copy every Dancer/Singer; I personally try to keep at least two copies of every Dancer/Singer, but that is due to play style preferences and not necessary for most players. Even the weakest Dancer/Singers are top tier units because they have Dance/Sing, and Dance/Sing is one of the strongest skills in the entire game.

You also want to have at least one Dancer/Singer from every game, as modes like Resonant Battles and Limited Hero Battles have restrictions that forces you to pick units from certain games.

4 hours ago, Jotari said:

I would go with +Atk if you plan to use him as a combat unit.

Spoiler

Player Phase One Shot:
Valflame [special]
Reposition
Moonbow — Ruptured Sky
(Any A that boosts Atk)
Special Spiral — Lull Spd/Res
(Any C) — (Any Ploy)
(Any Sacred Seal that boosts Atk)

Player Phase Desperation-Brash Assault:
Valflame [special]
Reposition
Moonbow — Ruptured Sky
(Any A that boosts Atk)
Desperation
(Any C) — (Any Ploy)
Brash Assault

Counter Vantage:
Valflame [special]
Reposition
Moonbow — Ruptured Sky
Close Counter
Vantage
Spd Smoke — Def Smoke
Brazen Atk/Spd

I would go with +Res if you plan to use him as a support unit.

Valflame [Res]
Reposition
Moonbow — Ruptured Sky
Fort. Def/Res
Sabotage Spd — Sabotage Def
Spd Ploy — Def Ploy
Fortress Res

You can use +HP if you want to turn him into a healer, but he is not as good in that role as others.
+HP +8+11
Valflame [Res]
Reciprocal Aid — Ardent Sacrifice
Noontime
HP+5
Recover Ring
(Any C)
HP+5
Arvis reaches 55 HP, which is fine for using Reciprocal Aid to fully heal most units (sort the unit list by HP). He will never fully heal any 5* Arden nor any max investment BB!Fjorm for example, but he should be able to fully heal most combat units as long as their base HP at +0+0 is about 45 or less. If you are using Ardent Sacrifice, then max HP does not matter, but your healing would also be a lot slower.

For comparison, Chrom can reach 72 HP:
+HP +8+11
Falchion [Atk]
Reciprocal Aid — Ardent Sacrifice
Noontime
HP+5
Renewal
(Any C)
HP+5

Edited by XRay

46 minutes ago, XRay said:

You also want to have at least one Dancer/Singer from every game, as modes like Resonant Battles and Limited Hero Battles have restrictions that forces you to pick units from certain games.

This is certainly a desirable outcome, but it's also a very difficult one. Several games have no common dancers, and a couple of them have their only dancers as 5* seasonals. Although you've already got a Dorothea, so that's one of the trickiest games already covered. Still, I wouldn't suggest going out of your way for the others just yet. It's a good long-term goal (and one I'm currently working on, myself), but it's not the highest priority.

2 hours ago, XRay said:

Technically speaking, for Resonant Battles, you're allowed to have a most one game without a dancer if you want to always have a dancer available every week.

Limited Hero Battles also always pair certain games together due to low representation (like the two Jugdral games), meaning for the time being, you're allowed to be missing a dancer from one of those paired games.

How many of the Tap Battle accessories are still missing from the shop? Is it just 8-Bit Marth and Claude?

Marth seems to be the only one I'm missing, I've been looking forward to him showing up in the shop but it keeps not happening.

5 hours ago, Othin said:

How many of the Tap Battle accessories are still missing from the shop? Is it just 8-Bit Marth and Claude?

Marth seems to be the only one I'm missing, I've been looking forward to him showing up in the shop but it keeps not happening.

The only 8-Bit accessories I see in the shop are Leif, Roy, Ike, Lucina, Edelgard, and Veronica.

Edited by XRay

7 minutes ago, XRay said:

The only 8-Bit accessories I see in the shop are Leif, Roy, Ike, Lucina, Edelgard, and Veronica.

Yeah, those are the ones that were added through the shop. The two that were added through Tap Battle are still absent, I'm trying to figure out if any other Tap Battle ones also are.

I want to thank you who recommended me a team with BDimitri, BCamilla, Peony, Reginn. It is a very good team for a beginner like me. With this good team,  I have almost cleared out all challenges in the game, Also I think I abit mess up with hall of forms event, I think my charater skill builds have problem. They're a little weak for the event maps :

Spoiler

com-nintendo-zaba-Screenshot-2021-02-14-com-nintendo-zaba-Screenshot-2021-02-14-com-nintendo-zaba-Screenshot-2021-02-14-com-nintendo-zaba-Screenshot-2021-02-14-

3 minutes ago, Hasechi said:

I want to thank you who recommended me a team with BDimitri, BCamilla, Peony, Reginn. It is a very good team for a beginner like me. With this good team,  I have almost cleared out all challenges in the game, Also I think I abit mess up with hall of forms event, I think my charater skill builds have problem. They're a little weak for the event maps :

Reveal hidden contents

com-nintendo-zaba-Screenshot-2021-02-14-com-nintendo-zaba-Screenshot-2021-02-14-com-nintendo-zaba-Screenshot-2021-02-14-com-nintendo-zaba-Screenshot-2021-02-14-

For Hall of Forms, do NOT rush to the higher levels if you do not think you are capable of handling it. It is okay to take your time to aquire more levels and skills in the lower difficulty maps before you try the higher difficulty maps.

Which skill I should give to Est in Hall of Forms ? her current skill :

Spoiler

com-nintendo-zaba-Screenshot-2021-02-14-

New skill to learn :

Spoiler

com-nintendo-zaba-Screenshot-2021-02-14-com-nintendo-zaba-Screenshot-2021-02-14-com-nintendo-zaba-Screenshot-2021-02-14-

I think i should careful when learning skills  now on in this event maps

Edited by Hasechi

16 hours ago, Othin said:

Inherit sources do get destroyed, and you can only pick four skills to keep from them, with each level counting as a separate skill. So inheriting from units that have already inherited a skill tends to be pretty inefficient.

On 2/13/2021 at 7:43 AM, TheSilentChloey said:

@Hasechi just in case you didn't know as well. You forgot Merlinus has WoM as well @XRay he's the second one I can think of since Cain.

thank  @Xenomata !

Well... I think I should think carefully to choose units to be inherited skills from other units

17 minutes ago, Hasechi said:

Steady Impact.

The three ranged units in this Hall of Forms all have relatively low defenses and shouldn't be taking combat on enemy phase, meaning you should be focusing on player-phase skills.

Additionally, Tactic skills are mostly useless in this Hall of Forms because there are 3 fliers on the team, meaning the only unit that can benefit from them is Catria.

1 hour ago, Hasechi said:

Reveal hidden contents

com-nintendo-zaba-Screenshot-2021-02-14-

New skill to learn :

Reveal hidden contents

com-nintendo-zaba-Screenshot-2021-02-14-com-nintendo-zaba-Screenshot-2021-02-14-com-nintendo-zaba-Screenshot-2021-02-14-

I think i should careful when learning skills  now on in this event maps

Someone pointed out this video a few days ago, and I think you might appreciate a watch of it if you have the time.

As for Est right now, I agree with Ice Dragon in that you should take Steady Impact. Est would also appreciate Desperation if she had access to more Spd.
I wanna add, the Panic Ploy SS should probably get replaced ASAP if you wanna have the best time getting through this hall. Est's HP of 39 gets easily trumped in the later halls.

2 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Steady Impact.

The three ranged units in this Hall of Forms all have relatively low defenses and shouldn't be taking combat on enemy phase, meaning you should be focusing on player-phase skills.

Additionally, Tactic skills are mostly useless in this Hall of Forms because there are 3 fliers on the team, meaning the only unit that can benefit from them is Catria.

I don't understand. Def tactic said : "At start of turn, grants Def+6 to allies within 2 spaces for 1 turn. Granted only if number of that ally's movement type on current team ≤ 2." I thought all fliers would get the buff except Catria (cause her move is 3 ) 

3 minutes ago, Hasechi said:

I don't understand. Def tactic said : "At start of turn, grants Def+6 to allies within 2 spaces for 1 turn. Granted only if number of that ally's movement type on current team ≤ 2." I thought all fliers would get the buff except Catria (cause her move is 3 ) 

Tactics only work if two or less of a units movement type are present on the current team.
4 units being Infantry will not trigger a Tactics skill.
3 Infantry and 1 Armor will only trigger the Tactics skill on the Armor if possible.
2 Infantry and 2 Flier will allow all 4 units to benefit from the tactics skill.

As long as there are 2 or less of a movement type present, the tactics skill will activate. Otherwise, nothing happens. And in this case, the tactics skill will only work on Catria, because there is only 1 Cavalry unit on the team, but 3 Fliers.

10 minutes ago, Hasechi said:

does touch (stamina)will  recover in Hall of Forms ?

Stamina passively recovers as long as you are not at or beyond the current 99 Stamina max, even if playing in a mode which consumes Stamina.

If you mean the Hall of Forms stamina, then it only recovers at the start of a new day in FEH, or if you use a torch.

in Summon section, the left bottom corner, it says "2/40". I think it meant that I have summoned 2 units in this banner. If I hit 40/40, what would happen ?

Once you summon 40 units on a banner that has the Sparking (fan term) enabled, you will be allowed to summon one free 5* focus unit from the banner. Keep in mind that if your current summoning session would put you over 40 units, the session will not end until you either exit the session or exhaust every orb from the session. You cannot do anymore normal summoning sessions from the banner until you pick a free unit.

This free unit will have Neutral IVs, and you only have one chance to pick a focus unit for free, unless otherwise noted (I remember last years Brave banner allowed it up to 4 times, but I do not recall if that was ever possible later on). Also keep in mind that among the freebies will be the 4* demote, so try not to pick them as your freebie. It'd be a bit of a waste.

Edited by Xenomata

this is my first time to inherit skill. First will be reposition & Barst has that skill. He is a 3stars unit. I was wondering should I trained in to lv 40 (3star), then promote him to 4 star, then train him to 40 again, then promote him to 5 star, then train him to 40 again ? WOw that would take a lot of work.  I want to inherit to Eirika & Brave Dimitri. I think barst  axe weapon skill can't be inherit to those units

this is my first time to inherit skill. First will be reposition & Barst has that skill. He is a 3stars unit. I was wondering should I trained in to lv 40 (3star), then promote him to 4 star, then train him to 40 again, then promote him to 5 star, then train him to 40 again ? WOw that would take a lot of work.  I want to inherit to Eirika & Brave Dimitri. I think barst  axe weapon skill can't be inherit to those units

With Barst if he isn't your first copy, just inherit reposition to Bravemitri (Brave Dimitri)/Eirika.  You don't have to worry about raising him up as he's a common green unit that you can get another better copy of (I'd suggest keeping a four star with the IVs you want him to have and keep that copy to raise as it will save you some feathers and time).

Here's an Inheritance Guide as to how skill SI works.  It's a video and the examples apply to any unit.

Edited by TheSilentChloey