"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

Just now, XRay said:

I do not recommend thinking team compositions in static terms using specific Heroes (Asbel, Peony, DDR!Dorothea, and TSD!Lachesis). Instead, think of team compositions filled by various roles (nuke, Dancer/Singer #1, Dancer/Singer #2, Dancer/Singer #3).

You want your teams to be flexible, so it does not matter who the nuke is. You will eventually need to switch between SM!Eirika and Asbel depending on the map. Between SM!Eirika and Asbel, I recommend using SM!Eirika as your primary nuke for convenience, but do not be afraid to switch her out.

I do not recommend using a team filled with only ranged units. You want at least one of your Dancers/Singers to be melee in case you encounters units like Lyon: Demon King who can completely shut down most ranged nukes. I also do not recommend running three flying Dancers/Singers, since you will want your Dancers/Singers to have Tactics buffs too in case they need to enter into combat.

Yeah, exactly. You want as many possible high-quality teams as possible, so in the long run you want to build up a copy of every dancer and other high-quality unit you have. It'll take a while, so you'll have to decide what to prioritize - you're in a better position to evaluate that than anyone else.

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I understand, so I need a close range dancer.

Olivia , I have 2 copies : 2 stars & 1 stars. But I accidently upgraded them to 3 stars without train any levels

Ninian I already trained to lv40

I have Silva, a dancer too, 4star unit.

Just wondering, is there a flier unit, dancer, green, close attack range ?

Edited by Hasechi

2 hours ago, Hasechi said:

I understand, so I need a close range dancer.

Olivia , I have 2 copies : 2 stars & 1 stars. But I accidently upgraded them to 3 stars without train any levels

Ninian I already trained to lv40

I have Silva, a dancer too, 4star unit.

Just wondering, is there a flier unit, dancer, green, close attack range ?

Reyson is a melee flying Dancer/Singer.

I recommend having no more than 2 fliers, so all units on the team can benefit from Tactics buffs.

hey guys, so i have been thinking, what are the most useful seals? the ones you should definitely have? im sure that depending on the class and weapon the answer varies, but for example, my main team is f!Julia, L!Julia, B!Edelgard, and the original Plumeria, plus ill like to work on Bramimond and B!Dimitri. there are a lot of seals available for crafting and im not sure what to get.

im not able to clear abyssal difficulty maps yet, any tips on how i should build my team? are there general guidelines or is there a different strategy for every map?

55 minutes ago, Sil/phire said:

hey guys, so i have been thinking, what are the most useful seals? the ones you should definitely have? im sure that depending on the class and weapon the answer varies, but for example, my main team is f!Julia, L!Julia, B!Edelgard, and the original Plumeria, plus ill like to work on Bramimond and B!Dimitri. there are a lot of seals available for crafting and im not sure what to get.

Seals don't necessarily have an order of importance. We can, of course, tell you what the most useless seals are (why take Defiant skills over Brazens?), but it fully depends on the units you use. For those units in particular though...

• Fallen Julia's tome demands she be left alone, so taking Atk/Spd or Atk/Def Solo would only make her effects stronger as long as they are active.
  • Legendary Julia's tome demands her Atk be higher than the foes at the start of combat, as such seals such as Death Blow won't contribute to this stat check. Her atk is quite high as-is though, so seals such as Death Blow will still help her performance. If you want to boost her visible Atk as high as possible though, the only seals that allow that are any Atk+ seals or the recently released Life and Death (this coming at the cost of some of her Res)
  • Brave Edelgard is fortunate in that the seal slot is where most armors would need either Armor March or Armored Boots, but she bypasses this need with her weapon. You may choose to run a Stance or Solo skill in her SS slot to boost her EP defenses, Heavy Blade to get a higher CD special ready faster, or even Mystic Boost to get some extra HP recovery post-combat, with the added benefit of nerfing Staff units. I personally run Brazen Def/Res, since that helps in auto-battle and I don't like switching my seals around.
  • Plumeria can run with Aerobatics or Flier Formation to teleport to nearby allies, but I like my Plumerias holding Phantom Res and Fortress Res, as these help her to trigger Sabotage skills.

The above is primarily my own opinion formed by my use of the characters and how I see them used in Arena and Aether Raids.

32 minutes ago, Sil/phire said:

For player phase nukes, the most important Sacred Seals are Brazen Atk/Spd, Death Blow, Heavy Blade, and Flashing Blade; once Fury becomes a Sacred Seal, I would also rank it here. You also want to upgrade Brash Assault eventually, but I would not prioritize it. Similar to Brash Assault, you also want to eventually upgrade additional stat boosters like Swift Sparrow, Brazen Atk/Def, Mirror Strike, etc. for convenience since you cannot throw Brazen Atk/Spd or Death Blow on everyone.

For Dancers/Singers, the most important Sacred Seals would be Tactics, Hone Cavalry (not yet released), and Hone Flier (not yet released). If you have VS!Azura, the next most important Seal would be either Earth Dance or Water Dance, and if you have two VS!Azuras, I would upgrade both. You also want to eventually upgrade all other Hones, Fortifies, Dances, Chills, etc.

For most dual phase units, the most important Sacred Seals would be Solos. For Counter-Vantage units, Brazen Atk/Spd would be the most useful, but Brazen Atk/Def and Brazen Atk/Res are also good as back up copies.

For enemy phase, which Seals to upgrade are dependent on what type of tanks you use. Quick Riposte and Iote's Shield are the most "universal", but not all tanks need them either. All Stances, all Solos, Distant Def, Close Def, and Mystic Boost should all be upgraded eventually, but which ones you prioritize depends on your tank.

For support units, I would prioritize all Drives, Chills, Phantom Res, and Phantom HP (not released yet); if you have Mila, you also want Phantom Def (also not released yet). Fortress Res, Fortress Def, Fort. Def/Res, and HP+5 are all good too since there are only so many Phantom skills to go around.

On 2/15/2021 at 10:57 AM, Humanoid said:

Ironically we used to have to do that for different reasons. It wasn't *too* long ago that to promote someone, you had to level them up to at least level 20 in their current rarity. So if someone wanted to pass Reposition and Spur Atk 3 from a 3-star Barst, they'd have to level him to 20 then promote him to 4-star before sacking him. Of course, back then you could only pass three skills at a time as well, so you'd need to fire some other poor schmuck (most likely Ogma) to pass Spur Atk 1 first.

Ah I see

@XRay i understand . thanks !

Just got my final merge for Roderick, and he currently runs this build, but i'm currently looking for a better C skill to help him out more, any recomendations? His primary use is a typical firesweep nuke for most general play, but he has an alternate drag back trap setup for my AR dark season team. So i'm looking for a C skill that would benefit both of those roles well.

New Bitmap Image.jpg

25 minutes ago, Faellin said:

Just got my final merge for Roderick, and he currently runs this build, but i'm currently looking for a better C skill to help him out more, any recomendations? His primary use is a typical firesweep nuke for most general play, but he has an alternate drag back trap setup for my AR dark season team. So i'm looking for a C skill that would benefit both of those roles well.

The thing about C skills is that the vast majority of them do not actually grant the unit themselves any direct benefit, mostly consisting of supportive effects.

Savage Blow would provide some chip damage to enemies near the foe. Fatal Smoke disables the enemies healing, so they can't save themselves once they are in a trap. Pulse Smoke would help stall certain skills, or Panic Smoke would debuff the foe. I hesitate to recommend a Joint Drive since Roddy being a Cav means he is likely to be pretty far away from his allies.

59 minutes ago, Faellin said:

New Bitmap Image.jpg

I would also recommend Savage Blow if you want something that sticks around after one turn, assuming the enemy team does not have a healer or something. It gives the most direct benefit to a player phase unit out of all the C skills, since the unit cannot take advantage of Def Smoke unless it has Dance/Sing support. Reins are technically even better, but they are locked to fliers.

I would also recommend running Moonbow rather than Glimmer. You generally do not need a Special trigger to kill low Def enemies, but you do generally need a Special trigger to kill high Def enemies, and Moonbow does better than Glimmer against high Def enemies.

Edited by XRay

is there a way to get olivia 1 star again ?  cause I kinda understand what you meant. Train from lv1, then upgrade, continue to train to lv 4 (or 5 ?) to get a good amount of SP, use for learning inherited skills

I trained trio like you guys advice Anna- A...se, Shereena all lv 20 now ( they're all 4 stars). What should I do to them then ? Continue to train them to 40 ? Upgrade them to 5 stars ?

Edited by Hasechi

9 minutes ago, Hasechi said:

is there a way to get olivia 1 star again ?  cause I kinda understand what you meant. Train from lv1, then upgrade, continue to train to lv 4 (or 5 ?) to get a good amount of SP, use for learning inherited skills

I trained trio like you guys advice Anna- A...se, Shereena all lv 20 now ( they're all 4 stars). What should I do to them then ? Continue to train them to 40 ? Upgrade them to 5 stars ?

You only ever get one 1-star and one 2-star copy of those Hero Battle heroes. But it's essentially never necessary to max out those levels except for memes.

Do train the Askr trio to level 40, because there are frequent quests where you get rewards for bringing them to Bound Hero Battle revivals and having them kill certain enemies. Whether at 4-star or 5-star is up to you, I personally have gotten away with 4-star because I'm a cheapskate, but those quests will be significantly easier at 5-star.

The new Forging Bonds event is not a bad place to level people in. The level of the enemies there scale with the level of the highest level unit in your team and SP gain per kill is double there. Plus you want to do it anyway for the points rewards.

So what should I do now ? I don't have another dancer with 2 stars, 1star, . Only got 3stars above. I'm afaird they won't have enough SP to learn inherited skills. thank @Humanoid . Do you inherit skills to the trio ?

I was wondering about Forging Bonds. only Azelle get 28 bond points, all other (Arnard, Lex, Erinys) all over 600 points now.

Edited by Hasechi

43 minutes ago, Hasechi said:

There is no way to get another one. Just keep training them in the highest difficulty of Special Training Maps to get additional SP.

10 minutes ago, Hasechi said:

So what should I do now ? I don't have another dancer with 2 stars, 1star, . Only got 3stars above. I'm afaird they won't have enough SP to learn inherited skills. thank

They will have enough SP. It will just be less Stamina efficient to train them in the highest difficulty of Special Training Maps.

45 minutes ago, Hasechi said:

Train them to level 40, but I would not upgrade them to 5* just yet. You will need those Feathers to build up other more powerful units.

Later on, once you are in the higher tiers of Arena and Aether Raids, then I would upgrade the Askr Trio to 5*.

16 minutes ago, Hasechi said:

I was wondering about Forging Bonds. only Azelle get 28 bond points, all other (Arnard, Lex, Erinys) all over 600 points now.

Azelle would eventually get more points, so I would not worry about it.

5 minutes ago, Hasechi said:

So what should I do now ? I don't have another dancer with 2 stars, 1star, . Only got 3stars above. I'm afaird they won't have enough SP to learn inherited skills. thank @Humanoid . Do you inherit skills to the trio ?

It doesn't really matter if they start at 3 stars. Levelling them a bit at 3-stars before promoting them to 4-star definitely helps with SP but how much you need at the end depends on how expensive the skills you give them are. For example, if you give Olivia Fury 3 which is a common skill, it'll cost her 525SP to fully learn it. If you give her Fury 4 which is a rare skill, it takes 950SP for that one slot. Since you're just starting out, you'll be using fairly cheap skills so it's not that big a deal. If you're doing that, feel free to just level using crystals instead of actually using them in combat, since getting kills with 3-star dancers is not that easy.

For Forging Bonds, don't worry about the points much. Most people try to get to 400 on each character as soon as possible to get all the summoning tickets, but after that, the character you get points for is completely irrelevant. The maximum is 3500 points per character, but even in the extreme case where you have three characters on 3500 points and another at 0 points, the points you earn can't be wasted because they'll always go to someone who is not maxed out.

For the trio I just gave them basic skills that makes sure they can get kills against units they have a colour advantage against. Alfonse gets Axebreaker for example, because even though he already gets an advantage against axes as he is a sword unit, older units like him often struggle anyway against strong new axe units. In general, I think it's solid advice to focus on maximising each unit's strengths rather than trying to cover up their weaknesses.

thank @XRay I understand 

thank @Humanoid this is skills that I want to inherit to her

(Weapon?)
Dance
(Special?)
(A?)
Wings of Mercy 3 Cain
Def Tactic 3 Mustafa — Res Tactic 3 L'Arachel

Earth Dance 3 — Water Dance 3

Edited by Hasechi

3 minutes ago, Hasechi said:

thank @XRay I understand 

thank @Humanoid this is skills that I want to inherit to her

(Weapon?)
Dance
(Special?)
(A?)
Wings of Mercy 3 Cain
Def Tactic 3 Mustafa — Res Tactic 3 L'Arachel
Earth Dance 3 — Water Dance 3

Olivia's weapon/special/A slots aren't very important. I'd leave her with her default Silver Sword, for the others you can go with whatever is convenient. She's not meant to be fighting much. Triangle Adept can be nice for dancers though, since they don't usually want to fight outside of weapon triangle advantage.

Dance seals aren't great. If you're on a Tactic team, give her a Tactic seal.

Edited by Othin

16 minutes ago, Hasechi said:

also, because I wanted another dancer, I tried to summon 12/40 legendary hero remix banner hoped to get another low star dancer.Is this banner good? should I continue to sommon to 40/40 or stop&save orbs?

Like I said in our PM conversation, it's not a particularly good banner.

Don't go our of your way to try to summon low rarity units. You'll get them eventually, and you have plenty of dancers already. Just build up the ones you have.

17 minutes ago, Hasechi said:

also, because I wanted another dancer, I tried to summon 12/40 legendary hero remix banner hoped to get another low star dancer.Is this banner good? should I continue to sommon to 40/40 or stop&save orbs?

I don't think this is the best banner we've had recently, but if you're just starting out you should have plenty of orbs, so going for the 40 to get at least one guaranteed 5* (though probably two and maybe even three) would be useful to build up a team for youreself for things like Chain Challenge and Arena Assault.

3 minutes ago, Jotari said:

I don't think this is the best banner we've had recently, but if you're just starting out you should have plenty of orbs, so going for the 40 to get at least one guaranteed 5* (though probably two and maybe even three) would be useful to build up a team for youreself for things like Chain Challenge and Arena Assault.

The new FE4 banner is another guaranteed 5* banner with the same total 6% 5* rate, and it's got better units.

Although I'd say at this point, a bigger priority than either of those should be stocking up orbs for the Hero Rises and regular Legendary banners in a few weeks.

Edited by Othin