"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

thank @Othin

@Humanoid "Another small factor I suppose is that it makes a hell of a lot easier when you can take your level 1 unit and a level 40 friend unit to beat up enemy level 1 units. "

I choose Eyvel lv1. Who should I chooae from below ? When I click in those charaters below, it hasn't shown their lv. So I don't know which unit is at lv40.

Edited by Hasechi

4 minutes ago, Hasechi said:

I choose Eyvel lv1. Who should I chooae from below ? When I click in those charaters below, it hasn't shown their lv. So I don't know which unit is at lv40.

There's no 10% bonus score for this particular VG, but every other one has a score bonus if you fight using the same unit of the team you chose.

It's easier to explain with an example: In the previous VG, Raven was one of the teams. If you used Raven himself in every VG battle, you would get a 10% bonus every time. But if you take a level 40 Raven, all the enemies will be level 40 as well. If you take a level 1 Raven, all your enemies will also be level 1. But the game also gives you a unit from a random person on your Friends List, as long as that person is also on Team Raven. That friend unit is almost certainly level 40, which means you can just hit Auto-battle and not have to think about it.

(There's no score difference between taking a level 40 unit vs a level 1 unit in this mode)

For this special VG, the ideal move is probably to just pick whichever unit you most want to win (and therefore get for free). By being in their team you increase the chance that they'll win and every little bit helps.

6 hours ago, Humanoid said:

For this special VG, the ideal move is probably to just pick whichever unit you most want to win (and therefore get for free). By being in their team you increase the chance that they'll win and every little bit helps.

Edit: I picked Edelgard

What is this ?

Edited by Hasechi

1 hour ago, Hasechi said:

Edit: I picked Edelgard

What is this ?

image.thumb.png.46a0c32f03a076c6a0ec442252e3af6c.png

That is the Attack portion of the voting gauntlet. You select the number of Battle Ballots you would like to use, the number of flags you would like to use, and then watch as a bunch of random people charge toward something.

Some tips on this screen:

• Each Ballot automatically regenerates at a rate of one per hour starting from the moment it goes below the max (8), so it is usually not beneficial to hold onto ballots unless you are trying to save flags.
  • There are quests that require you to battle 5 times in the Voting Gauntlet for a number of otherwise rare resources. This is actual fights, not ballots used, so when doing these quests don't use your ballots in such a way that it becomes impossible to get all 5 reward bundles.
  • When your team is currently not in the lead, you will gain a substantial score multiplier, which gets higher and higher as the current round goes on. Your Voting Gauntlet score affects your tier within your selected side, and your tier determines how many feathers you get at the end of each round. I wouldn't worry strongly about this if you do not have the time to maximize your score, but if you do care then I'm sure someone else would be willing to explain it for you.
Edited by Xenomata

thank @Xenomata this is sound very confusing. Illusion 100. I guess I just select "1" in the  left and "x1" in the right. When a mission require more ballots than I would select more ballots, If there are no mission. I just need to stick with 1 & x1

Edited by Hasechi

Just now, Hasechi said:
  • @Xenomata this is sound very confusing. Illusion 100. I guess I just select "1" in the  left and "x1" in the right. When a mission require more ballots than I would select more ballots, If there are no mission. I just need to stick with 1 & x1

That is a humongous waste, you essentially minimize the number of feathers you'd get in the end, and no one likes getting a low amount of feathers.

You select the number of flags you want to use on the right. That boosts your score. The ballots, which you choose on the left, determines how many times you use that number of feathers, and no quests ever demand you use a larger amount of ballots, in fact all the Voting Gauntlet quests require you do battles.

The goal is to get as high a score as possible before the round ends, and you do yourself no favors by never using a single flag.

Just now, Hasechi said:

@Xenomata so i need to select maximum the number of flag and ballot that I could select, right ?

You select as many flags and ballots as you want to use in the moment. Some people choose to hold on to their flags and ballots for when their team is losing to capitalize on the score multiplier, but ultimately it is up to you.

1 hour ago, Xenomata said:

You select as many flags and ballots as you want to use in the moment. Some people choose to hold on to their flags and ballots for when their team is losing to capitalize on the score multiplier, but ultimately it is up to you.

I understand. thanks

I have 2 Fjorm ,one with neutral IVs, one with spd+,Hp- . I trained the wrong one with spd+,hp- . I heard that the  neutral is the better. I wonder that I should train the neutral  IVs as well

How to get earth dance 3 ? Does thiis mean I have I buy Earth dance 1, then Earth dance 2 would appear, buy 2nd, then earth dance would appear ?

Edited by Hasechi

26 minutes ago, Hasechi said:

I have 2 Fjorm ,one with neutral IVs, one with spd+,Hp- . I trained the wrong one with spd+,hp- . I heard that the  neutral is the better. I wonder that I should train the neutral  IVs as well

You want to keep at least the Normalized Trait copy, but I would keep both.

Do NOT merge nor give Flowers to the one with Normalized Trait, as you will need that copy to follow guides. Make sure to keep it at 5* +0+0. Just train it to level 40 and have her learn her default skills.

You can do whatever you want with the +Spd copy. In my opinion, +Spd is her best Asset to help her avoid being doubled.

35 minutes ago, Hasechi said:

How to get earth dance 3 ? Does thiis mean I have I buy Earth dance 1, then Earth dance 2 would appear, buy 2nd, then earth dance would appear ?

image.thumb.png.246aa9002c5663a8447060fd3d3ad550.png

Yes. You need to upgrade Earth Dance.

9 minutes ago, XRay said:

You want to keep at least the Normalized Trait copy, but I would keep both.

Do NOT merge nor give Flowers to the one with Normalized Trait, as you will need that copy to follow guides. Make sure to keep it at 5* +0+0. Just train it to level 40 and have her learn her default skills.

You can do whatever you want with the +Spd copy. In my opinion, +Spd is her best Asset to help her avoid being doubled.

To elaborate on this: some guides will free units like neutral Fjorm at 5* lv40, since everyone has access to them. Any merges, dragonflowers, or non-neutral trait will result in slightly different stats, and different stats can result in different enemy behavior and make it so that you can't successfully follow the guide's strategy.

13 minutes ago, Hasechi said:

Pls help. I have a quest that say beat lunatic paralogue 56-3 with an axe unit in your team. I tried many ways but still can't beat the map. Here's my current units :

Ike and Fjorm aren't your strongest units. I'd suggest trying out ones like Reginn, Brave Dimitri, Brave Camilla, Legendary Leif, and Legendary Claude to fill in those two slots, to see if they work better. Reginn and Camilla might be best here, since Reginn can pick off the ranged attackers (as long as they aren't near Gustav) so you don't have to worry about Lif's massive damage output, and Camilla can avoid counterattacks from the armors' Save skills.

I'd also recommend using a different barracks sort order to make it easier to find the units you need. You have them sorted in the order they were obtained, which doesn't really tell you anything about the units themselves - I'd recommend using something like level, weapon type, movement type, origin, or a combination of those. Hero Merit can also be nice, for helping you find the ones you've already been using most. You can also use the "heart" icon on the left (next to the 276/300) to make the units with a favorite (heart) stamp appear first, so you can easily find your 5* units.

Edited by Othin

1 hour ago, Othin said:

To elaborate on this: some guides will free units like neutral Fjorm at 5* lv40, since everyone has access to them. Any merges, dragonflowers, or non-neutral trait will result in slightly different stats, and different stats can result in different enemy behavior and make it so that you can't successfully follow the guide's strategy.

14 minutes ago, Othin said:

Ike and Fjorm aren't your strongest units. I'd suggest trying out ones like Reginn, Brave Dimitri, Brave Camilla, Legendary Leif, and Legendary Claude to fill in those two slots, to see if they work better. Reginn and Camilla might be best here, since Reginn can pick off the ranged attackers (as long as they aren't near Gustav) so you don't have to worry about Lif's massive damage output, and Camilla can avoid counterattacks from the armors' Save skills.

I'd also recommend using a different barracks sort order to make it easier to find the units you need. You have them sorted in the order they were obtained, which doesn't really tell you anything about the units themselves - I'd recommend using something like level, weapon type, movement type, origin, or a combination of those. Hero Merit can also be nice, for helping you find the ones you've already been using most. You can also use the "heart" icon on the left (next to the 276/300) to make the units with a favorite (heart) stamp appear first, so you can easily find your 5* units.

Thank. I will try again. Thank you for your tips about sort order

5 minutes ago, Hasechi said:

Thank. I will try again. Thank you for your tips about sort order

https://imgur.com/gallery/pfTptoR

Turns out Camilla is less effective than I thought since she can't damage Henriette, but baiting Henriette away from Gustav solved that issue.

My units have slightly different stats than yours, but I also left them with their base skill sets and used a lv1 axe user rather than someone who could actually do anything, so there's room to add your own improvements.

1 minute ago, Hasechi said:

@Othin wow thank you. I've just finished the map. Gustav & Henriette seem kinda strong. I used to consider spend orbs to summon them

Yeah, they're really powerful units. I'm still deciding whether or not to try for one of them, myself.

2 minutes ago, Hasechi said:

Although xenomata guided me about this Gautlet event. I still very confusing. I just won a battle here. But I don't know how many ballots & flags should I choose.  ( I  read "?" )

It's generally best to save your flags for the second day of a round, then use them all on rounds where you have big multipliers.