"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Aera said:

Which one is better for Effie? Sacred Cowl or Escutcheon?

Cowl for the mage you'll encounter, assuming she lives long enough to proc.

But defence on top of defence is never a bad thing!

4 minutes ago, Silith13 said:

My Draug is -atk. Why does -atk Draug gets screwed over extra hard by losing 4 points instead of 3?

Some people get -4 instead of -3. For drugs they probably realized he's mad flipping epic and were like "Boy, calm down a little". I don't know if there's some sort of growth rate thing that has something to do with it but, yeah they saw his potential and wanted to personally make sure that his #1 fan got snookered.

Edited by Arcanite

9 minutes ago, Silith13 said:

My Draug is -atk. Why does -atk Draug gets screwed over extra hard by losing 4 points instead of 3?

Units at certain stat thresholds will gain +4, possibly due to rounding off. I've noticed that units with stats between 24-26 will get +4 with a boon. However, this also means that units with stats within the 28-30 range will get -4 with a bane, like my Rebecca (RIP)

35 in a stat will increase to 39 with a boon and vice versa, same with 37, which will increase to 41. However, 36 will only increase to 39 for some reason. I might need to keep track of all these +4 thresholds.

Edited by Korath88

Question regarding merging (sorry if this has already been asked)

I was wondering if I were to merge a 5* Robin onto another 5* and got a level 40+1 Robin. If I were in the future to merge that 40+1 Robin onto a different level 40 Robin (say I preferred this one's base stats) would that result in a 40+3 Robin or just 40+1

Thanks in advance for any help.

19 minutes ago, Sinan said:

I was wondering if I were to merge a 5* Robin onto another 5* and got a level 40+1 Robin. If I were in the future to merge that 40+1 Robin onto a different level 40 Robin (say I preferred this one's base stats) would that result in a 40+3 Robin or just 40+1

It would make 40+1

Edited by Arcanite

14 minutes ago, Sinan said:

10 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

It would make 40+1

I think that as long as they are all 5*, it will give the cumulative, regardless of which one gets merged into the other.  It will give you 40+2 if there were three 5* Robins originally.

6 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Welp, if you guys are right, I'm a moron and I'm going to strikethrough my post now!

I had a +1 Takumi, I got a better one and merged my old +1 Takumi into the new one.  My current Takumi is +2.

If you merge into a lower level, the new level will be whatever the base character is, but the +'s are cumulative.

Here's a quick curiosity, Why does the Live For Bounty skill feature a picture of a crystal, but tell you it gives you 1.5x badges?

Could this be like what happened to Physic when the game first came out?

45 minutes ago, BestFriendJ0 said:

Here's a quick curiosity, Why does the Live For Bounty skill feature a picture of a crystal, but tell you it gives you 1.5x badges?

Could this be like what happened to Physic when the game first came out?

Yup, it's supposed to say crystals 

35 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Yup, it's supposed to say crystals 

Oh, I guess on the one hand that's better, since I have no need for extra badges, since I have at least 200 of every type, but I don't really use crystals anymore either.  With Skill Inheritance, I like to squeeze every last SP out of my units while leveling up.  I wish we could use Crystals to give SP to units.

It's also a bit limited for a skill, too.  You only get one battle per day that actually gives you crystals, so I guess it's sort of a crap skill, too.  I haven't even taught it to my Bunny Camilla, yet.

@eclipse, thanks for the advice. I like how a lot of the units I have would all like Bonfire. Considering Oboro will be tanking a lot of stuff, I'm probably just going to dump a Silver Lance on her so she has a bit more attack to work with against reds and blues. Only Jagen's the most efficient one since Effie is a 4* to 5* unit and Sharena's a unique unit. Don't know if I should give her Aegis since I might not use it if I go the Bonfire route. Full Fury from Hinata seems more efficient. Silver Lance and Bonfire... Killer Lance could work too since I have 2 spare Gwendolyns and kind of a spare Shanna. Considering her attack boon, Killer Lance plus Ignis could work, but Bonfire might be more reliable since it would become a 2 cooldown special. Well, I'll see since I want to get her to level 40 first for the extra SP.

As for the archers, so, Gordin's the tanky one despite being the youngest-looking -- geez, his res is still slightly better than Virion's --, Niles is archer Felicia, and Rebecca's Wil in this game is Virion. All would be a welcome addition.

Edited by Kaden

17 minutes ago, Lushen said:

I use Eldigan, Prinscilla, Reinhardt+1, and Xander.  Also have Olwen.  I have one source of fury 3.  Should I give fury 3 to Xander or Reinhardt?

I'm personally biased towards Reinhardt. I'd actually save it for when the real Xander hero battle happens so you can get a solid build on him. Just wait and see how good Xander turns out to be and then decide. If you don't want to wait, put it on Reinhardt 

30 minutes ago, Lushen said:

I use Eldigan, Prinscilla, Reinhardt+1, and Xander.  Also have Olwen.  I have one source of fury 3.  Should I give fury 3 to Xander or Reinhardt?

Unless you really want to use Bunny Xander, he seems like a lost cause and I wouldn't waste your only Fury 3 on him.  I'd almost say that Reinhardt might benefit more from Death Blow or even Atk+3 than Fury.  His speed is a lost cause, and the extra Def and Res doesn't really help him much.  So unless you're trying to raise his BST, the Fury might serve other units better elsewhere.

1 hour ago, Lushen said:

None of them.  The best user of Fury 3 in this focus is Chrom.  Xander can use it, but it's heavily dependent on his boon/bane.

10 minutes ago, eclipse said:

None of them.  The best user of Fury 3 in this focus is Chrom.  Xander can use it, but it's heavily dependent on his boon/bane.

This is on my cavalry account so I don't have Chrom here.  Xander is +def/-res which is pretty bad.  What's wrong with Fury Reinhardt?  He can't really tank any hits anyways. 

39 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Unless you really want to use Bunny Xander, he seems like a lost cause and I wouldn't waste your only Fury 3 on him.  I'd almost say that Reinhardt might benefit more from Death Blow or even Atk+3 than Fury.  His speed is a lost cause, and the extra Def and Res doesn't really help him much.  So unless you're trying to raise his BST, the Fury might serve other units better elsewhere.

True, he has a very low speed.  However, I forgot to mention Prinscilla has hone cavalry.  With my +sp nature, hone cavalry, and fury his speed would be 30.  I'm also thinking of giving eldigan goad cavalry (I have another Reinhardt I hadn't gotten rid of yet) since my team usually splits in two during arena anyways so having two goad cavalries can be useful.  At this point, I would probably drop dire thunder for a better tomb since he should start doubling a lot at 35sp. Though it would require prinscilla to be with him at all times.

I am trying to focus on BST which is kind of a unique problem with a cavalry team.  Death blow wouldn't really help with BST unfortunitly.  Luckily, Eldigan carries me and I'm hoping to get more reinhardts so I can + him up a bit more.  Xander has a surprisingly high BST at 167 for a horse-user which is why I'm using him over Olwen right now.  That and Reinhardt/Olwen are basically clones.  If Olwen was available as a 4* I would have given her goad cavalry and focus on her because she has very high speed, but she's 5* only :(

53 minutes ago, MidnightFE said:

I'm personally biased towards Reinhardt. I'd actually save it for when the real Xander hero battle happens so you can get a solid build on him. Just wait and see how good Xander turns out to be and then decide. If you don't want to wait, put it on Reinhardt 

That's actually a good point.  I forgot we'll be getting him later this month, its probably worth waiting since I won't be pulling reds unless a red cavalry appears in the focus (won' be getting anymore Hinata)

Edited by Lushen

4 minutes ago, Lushen said:

This is on my cavalry account so I don't have Chrom here.  Xander is +def/-res which is pretty bad.  What's wrong with Fury Reinhardt?  He can't really tank any hits anyways. 

It's not bad, Fury is a pretty good skill, it's just that he gets more out of things like Death Blow and/or Life or Death and such since it makes the most out of his player phase action, which is what he is all about. Fury will up his BST and give more points in the arena, for now, though.