"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

6 minutes ago, BugCatcherJay said:

Hello. As you can see I'm new. I've been lurking for a while so I never saw the need to make an account until now.

Anyway, I'm not sure if this is the right thread, or if I should make a different one entirely, but is the AR Structure Duo's Hindrance bugged? I was watching a replay of an AR defense match and someone was able to use Harmonic Lyn's skill on Turn 3 when the Structure said it prevents from Turns 1 to 5. I have a recording and screenshots if anyone needs proof.

Duo's Hinderance only works if the defending team has a Duo or Harmonic Hero. If the attacker kills all defending Duo/Harmonic heroes, it stops working.

Also, two corrections that aren't relevant to the question:

1. Ninja Lyn is a Duo, not a Harmonic.
  2. Duo's Hinderance works on a variable number of turns, depending on the structure's level. (If it's level N, it works through turn N+2.)

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

11 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Run a Spd Asset if the unit has mediocre or better Spd (neutral base 28 is my cutoff). Run an Atk Asset otherwise.

Gamepress shows her spd with a boon just scratches 28, so I should opt for an Atk asset instead is what you are saying? the Lachesis i'm currently leveling has an atk asset right now.

Also, i do have a spare Silque who i noticed has Melancholy, is that the one you mentioned?

? - Skills like Dive Bomb and Desperation allow your unit to make a follow up attack before the enemy unit, but i have been thinking, is this independent of the speed check? If my unit has less speed, will it be able to perform said follow up attack? I think i saw someone said no.

12 minutes ago, BugCatcherJay said:

Hello. As you can see I'm new. I've been lurking for a while so I never saw the need to make an account until now.

Anyway, I'm not sure if this is the right thread, or if I should make a different one entirely, but is the AR Structure Duo's Hindrance bugged? I was watching a replay of an AR defense match and someone was able to use Harmonic Lyn's skill on Turn 3 when the Structure said it prevents from Turns 1 to 5. I have a recording and screenshots if anyone needs proof.

Welcome! You are in the right place as far as i can tell. Unfortunately I don't have the knowledge to answer that for you, but some one here does i'm sure so just give it some time until they get a chance to see your question and answer.

someone already answered!

Edited by Sil/phire

27 minutes ago, Sil/phire said:

? - Skills like Dive Bomb and Desperation allow your unit to make a follow up attack before the enemy unit, but i have been thinking, is this independent of the speed check? If my unit has less speed, will it be able to perform said follow up attack? I think i saw someone said no.

No. If you look at Brave Lysithea's weapon, it does the thing you're thinking of - it specifically says it gives her a guaranteed follow-up in addition to making the follow-up first, while Desperation and Dive Bomb don't mention guaranteeing a follow up.

2 minutes ago, Sil/phire said:

Gamepress shows her spd with a boon just scratches 28, so I should opt for an Atk asset instead is what you are saying? the Lachesis i'm currently leveling has an atk asset right now.

My cutoff is for the stat at +0 without an Asset.

And yes, I'd go with an Atk Asset on Lachesis.

Also, just for clarification, units slower than 28 neutral base Spd don't have to run an Atk Asset depending on their stat spread and role. Atk is just the default for slow staff units that have the "basic" role of providing healing and spreading debuffs. Units with additional roles (or whose Atk stats are so bad that an Asset won't help them) can run other Assets.

4 minutes ago, Sil/phire said:

Also, i do have a spare Silque who i noticed has Melancholy, is that the one you mentioned?

Yes if you're talking about Silque. Also yes if you're talking about Melancholy.

Silque has the highest Def of all staff units and the third highest Def + Res of all staff units (after Linhardt and Winter Sephiran), making her a decent candidate for Fortress Def/Res, which can potentially allow her to soak up Chill skills and Dark Shrine (though Mila does the job better in Light season). Note that when specifically trying to soak debuffs, a Def or Res Asset should be used.

5 minutes ago, Sil/phire said:

No. Dive Bomb and Desperation do not guarantee a follow-up attack if you wouldn't be able to perform one though some other means. They only make an existing follow-up attack land immediately after your first attack.

@Sil/phire As far as I know you can't turn of receiving requests. You'll just have to ignore and remove them.

Yeah you just play against their defense team like a normal match. If that person's lead unit doesn't look too crazy, re-matching is a decent strategy to avoid some more heavily invested teams in the later days of the week.

1 hour ago, Hasechi said:

ummm the current event... Grand Conquest,, Can I just  auto battle from beginning to the end and still get full reward...

Also what level should I choose when Auto Battle? 40, 40+?

It depends on how good your auto-battle performance is and how many of the quests for additional conquest lances you get. Personally I've been doing fine with auto-battle on the highest difficulty - but I have several decently strong brigades so I can stuck to whichever movement type is getting boosted on a given round. If you don't have that, it might not go as well, but you could give it a try and see if it looks like you're getting enough points.

For difficulty level, the only way to tell for sure what's best for you is to try on different difficulty levels and see where you tend to get the most points - if better performance on a lower difficulty level makes up for the lower base score.

16 minutes ago, Othin said:

It depends on how good your auto-battle performance is and how many of the quests for additional conquest lances you get. Personally I've been doing fine with auto-battle on the highest difficulty - but I have several decently strong brigades so I can stuck to whichever movement type is getting boosted on a given round. If you don't have that, it might not go as well, but you could give it a try and see if it looks like you're getting enough points.

For difficulty level, the only way to tell for sure what's best for you is to try on different difficulty levels and see where you tend to get the most points - if better performance on a lower difficulty level makes up for the lower base score.

mmm... I see. Thank Othin

mm..... in Grand Conquest.. Is that only me in the team ( current is Blue Mordecai team ). Or anoter players in same team as me too?

If it is only me, then I won't bither about win or lose and use auto-battle more. 

I don't want to drag others down because of my performance. If anoter players in same team as me. I would try to do my best.

Also whar does "as in" mean?

25 minutes ago, Hasechi said:

mm..... in Grand Conquest.. Is that only me in the team ( current is Blue Mordecai team ). Or anoter players in same team as me too?

If it is only me, then I won't bither about win or lose and use auto-battle more. 

I don't want to drag others down because of my performance. If anoter players in same team as me. I would try to do my best.

IIRC, there's about 200 players per team. I wouldn't worry about the others - it's just a difference of a few hundred feathers, and each player's influence on it is small.

26 minutes ago, Hasechi said:

Also whar does "as in" mean?

What's the context?

15 minutes ago, Othin said:

What's the context?

Thank Othin. Here: 

18 hours ago, Hasechi said:

umm..... what do you mean...? I guess yes .... But for free to play players, they have to spam & collect sth, which cost more time than 1-click purchase players

I think they could first release a charater with bad-decent art/outfit. Then later release skins with good-best art/outfit for that charater. So if players in love with that charater they might buy them. Or release an alternate version of that charater with good-best art/outfit. Do the same with other charaters too. I think there are a lot of charaters in the game & they can add/create more. So that's possible for producers  to still gain money & maintain balance in the game.

But yes..... I think release more powerful units time to time more effectively to earn bigger money.

As in, once you get the skin, you're set.  Unless you're playing some game with randomized skins.

Meanwhile, if you want to Actually Fight, you'll need to keep up with the gacha pulls.  That is less predictable because RNG determines if you'll get what you're looking for.  Even with pity pulls, you've sunk X amount of resources into a given gachas

Edited by Hasechi

14 minutes ago, Hasechi said:

Thank Othin. Here: 

18 hours ago, Hasechi said:

umm..... what do you mean...? I guess yes .... But for free to play players, they have to spam & collect sth, which cost more time than 1-click purchase players

I think they could first release a charater with bad-decent art/outfit. Then later release skins with good-best art/outfit for that charater. So if players in love with that charater they might buy them. Or release an alternate version of that charater with good-best art/outfit. Do the same with other charaters too. I think there are a lot of charaters in the game & they can add/create more. So that's possible for producers  to still gain money & maintain balance in the game.

But yes..... I think release more powerful units time to time more effectively to earn bigger money.

As in, once you get the skin, you're set.  Unless you're playing some game with randomized skins.

Meanwhile, if you want to Actually Fight, you'll need to keep up with the gacha pulls.  That is less predictable because RNG determines if you'll get what you're looking for.  Even with pity pulls, you've sunk X amount of resources into a given gachas

"As in, once you get the skin, you're set." = "In other words, once you get the skin, you're set."

How good does this AR-D team look and what should I change to improve it? Don't say Odd Recovery, I'm planning on getting Even Recovery whenever it releases (if it ever does). 

Spoiler

DuJOUA5.jpg

Builds:

Spoiler

yfenG68.jpg

dUhsW5l.jpg

qKrEcVS.jpg

RfrbIGG.jpg

oslpgu4.jpg

2RC0BWO.jpg

44 minutes ago, Alexmender said:

How good does this AR-D team look and what should I change to improve it? Don't say Odd Recovery, I'm planning on getting Even Recovery whenever it releases (if it ever does). 

Reveal hidden contents

DuJOUA5.jpg

Builds:

Reveal hidden contents

yfenG68.jpg

dUhsW5l.jpg

qKrEcVS.jpg

RfrbIGG.jpg

oslpgu4.jpg

2RC0BWO.jpg

Why did you remove the weapons from four of your units and take the dance skill off Mirabilis?

In general, I don't think boxing in your team like that is good, either. Even if they had their weapons, any ranged attacker who can kill Henriette means the team just falls apart.

Edited by Othin

15 minutes ago, Alexmender said:

The team looks toxic.

Henriette is definitely the team's weakest link. You have no way to prevent the Healing Tower from being destroyed, and a strong enemy-phase unit can stand there and whittle down Henriette with Special activations or effective damage.

Henriette's primary purpose is to survive and prevent enemy ranged units from damaging your other units, and killing attackers is only secondary to that, so it might be worth giving her Special Fighter + Moonbow/Noontime instead, which will help her out on both phases.

Additionally, it might also be worth putting Eirika where Thrasir currently stands, which will allow her to heal Henriette when she takes damage. Also, both of your Rally Def/Res units are currently adjacent to Henriette with neither of them adjacent to Hilda, so swapping their positions will let Thrasir buff Hilda.

Hilda looks like she might have some trouble dealing with green dragons, namely Winter Sothis, due to the fact that you have a lot of Def buffs, but not as many Res buffs, but I don't think that's too much of a concern. Still worth noting, though.

Personally, I would suggest Odd Recovery, but that's also in the context that Sephiran's Tannenbaton is worth running for its Guard effect, which is an alternative to giving Henriette Special Fighter. Again, I'd put Sephiran where Thrasir currently is so that the only space he can attack is the lava tile, and flying units with Null C-Disrupt currently don't exist.

3 minutes ago, Othin said:

Why did you remove the weapons from four of your units and take the dance skill off Mirabilis?

It prevents them from moving out of formation. They need to stay in formation to provide buffs to Hilda and Henriette, and they also prevent Hilda and Henriette from moving.

19 minutes ago, Othin said:

In general, I don't think boxing in your team like that is good, either. Even if they had their weapons, any ranged attacker who can kill Henriette means the team just falls apart.

Like Ice Dragon said, the idea is to not have the other units move so all the fighting will be from the Save units. The purpose is mainly to stall, rather than kill all the foe's units (if a unit suicides themselves it's a bonus). But yeah, Henriette is the weak link so I should either get her better fodder or outright replace her with another unit.

13 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

The team looks toxic.

Henriette is definitely the team's weakest link. You have no way to prevent the Healing Tower from being destroyed, and a strong enemy-phase unit can stand there and whittle down Henriette with Special activations or effective damage.

Henriette's primary purpose is to survive and prevent enemy ranged units from damaging your other units, and killing attackers is only secondary to that, so it might be worth giving her Special Fighter + Moonbow/Noontime instead, which will help her out on both phases.

Additionally, it might also be worth putting Eirika where Thrasir currently stands, which will allow her to heal Henriette when she takes damage. Also, both of your Rally Def/Res units are currently adjacent to Henriette with neither of them adjacent to Hilda, so swapping their positions will let Thrasir buff Hilda.

Hilda looks like she might have some trouble dealing with green dragons, namely Winter Sothis, due to the fact that you have a lot of Def buffs, but not as many Res buffs, but I don't think that's too much of a concern. Still worth noting, though.

Personally, I would suggest Odd Recovery, but that's also in the context that Sephiran's Tannenbaton is worth running for its Guard effect, which is an alternative to giving Henriette Special Fighter. Again, I'd put Sephiran where Thrasir currently is so that the only space he can attack is the lava tile, and flying units with Null C-Disrupt currently don't exist.

True, Henriette worries me as she doesn't have the best damage nor is she able to tank strong specials from ranged units, but I'm lacking in SF fodder atm. I'm not particularly attached to her so I wouldn't mind foddering her off to some other armor unit. Although the only other ranged armor I have is a +10 Winter Cecilia and using her would make my team weak to TA Raven tomes. Would one of H!Myrrh/W!Sothis/B!Edelgard be a good substitute for Henriette? All of them have sans Edelgard have Special Fighter and DC. 

Winter Sothis may be threatening, but I think she's rare enough in AR-O that I'm fine giving the win for whoever goes out of their way to use her despite the meta being full of Duo Lif's and other nukes she doesn't fare well against. 

Sadly I didn't get Sephiran, so my only option on the matter is to wait for him to appear on a Double Seasonal banner or pray that the next HoF includes an infantry healer and get them those skills. I'll keep it in mind, though. After all, that's the second weak link for this team. 

So, i think i know the answer to this questions, but i still want confirmation.

?- Are there brave daggers in this game?

?- There is no Lethality skill in this game?

In other words, assassin is not a style/class in this game? Lethality and Astra are my favorite skill combination in Fates, I would like it if we could get it at some point. (also a fan of the assassin class in FFTA, nothing nukes better than an Ultima Shot turn one)

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:

The team looks toxic.

Indeed. I lost to teams similar to that quite a few times. The teams that get me the most losses are the teams that are a bit more spread out (so only three or four in a corner), so it is not obvious that it is a corner Save tank team, which would have immediately triggered me to check for skills. Once I throw BH!Ike in there feeling smug that I killed half their team, BH!Ike gets walled off by those armored assholes sitting in the corner laughing at me while I try to tickle them to death.

9 minutes ago, Sil/phire said:

So, i think i know the answer to this questions, but i still want confirmation.

In other words, assassin is not a style/class in this game? Lethality and Astra are my favorite skill combination in Fates, I would like it if we could get it at some point. (also a fan of the assassin class in FFTA, nothing nukes better than an Ultima Shot turn one)

There are no inheritable Brave Daggers.

The closest thing to Astra would be a fast Brave unit.

The closest thing to Lethality would probably be some kind of Blazing nuke, since they have the highest damage output.

Edited by XRay

@XRay I see. It is painful, but i guess it can't be helped. Thanks.

Also, what is a blazing nuke?

Can weapons be inherited across colors? For example, the game like's to say that Brigid's bow is "a powerful, inheritable bow", but say i wanted to use that on a colorless bow unit, would that be possible?

what do you think is the cut off for investing into a unit's speed? Newer units like Lynja or Ingrid hit high-thirties, low-forties and are clearly meant for speed but other with different roles like OG MIcaiah can only scratch low-30's even with an asset. I know that in MIcaiah's case she's got access to a follow-up effect on her refined weapon, but there are units that do not have access to such effects and they do not have high speed either. Like L!Lilina has abysmal speed but that's not the focus for her, so  she's got Atk/Res Push instead of Atk/Spd Push like Sarah does. For units stuck in this range of low-20's to low-30's, do you guys ever bother using any type of Spd enhancement? why/why not?

17 minutes ago, Sil/phire said:

@XRay I see. It is painful, but i guess it can't be helped. Thanks.

Can weapons be inherited across colors? For example, the game like's to say that Brigid's bow is "a powerful, inheritable bow", but say i wanted to use that on a colorless bow unit, would that be possible?

what do you think is the cut off for investing into a unit's speed? Newer units like Lynja or Ingrid hit high-thirties, low-forties and are clearly meant for speed but other with different roles like OG MIcaiah can only scratch low-30's even with an asset. I know that in MIcaiah's case she's got access to a follow-up effect on her refined weapon, but there are units that do not have access to such effects and they do not have high speed either. Like L!Lilina has abysmal speed but that's not the focus for her, so  she's got Atk/Res Push instead of Atk/Spd Push like Sarah does. For units stuck in this range of low-20's to low-30's, do you guys ever bother using any type of Spd enhancement? why/why not?

Blazing nukes are units designed to use the "Blazing" specials.

Bows, daggers, and breaths can be inherited by units with different color weapons of the same weapon type. Tomes cannot.

20 minutes ago, Alexmender said:

Would one of H!Myrrh/W!Sothis/B!Edelgard be a good substitute for Henriette? All of them have sans Edelgard have Special Fighter and DC.

I wouldn't recommend Edelgard because running Distant Counter would give up her ability to run Distant Def 4.

Myrrh and Sothis feel kind of iffy due to the fact that they'd also be vulnerable to dragon-effective damage and still have significantly lower effective Res compared to Henriette.

The only unit I'd really consider over Henriette for the role is Brave Hector, though his low visible Res leaves him vulnerable to Ophelia if you can't pump his Res up high enough to take 0 damage from her direct attack.

As it is right now with your limited resources, I'd just switch Eirika's and Thrasir's positions and call it a day. I think the risk of losing to Micaiah or Sothis is small enough that you can afford to do so when you're winning against most everything else.

1 minute ago, Sil/phire said:

There are no inheritable Brave daggers.

1 minute ago, Sil/phire said:

Nope. Lethality doesn't exist because it would be horribly imbalanced due to the inability to dodge attacks and the fact that nothing in gameplay is determined by chance. Having an instant kill effect on a Special skill that is usable by an AI-controlled unit is never going to happen because there is simply no available counter-play.

A unit that uses an AoE Special skill, like Blazing Wind, and can consistently recharge its Special skill to activate on every round of combat. The most commonly-used units in this role are Ophelia and Legendary Lilina.

Ophelia has a Slaying effect on her weapon, lowering the cooldown of Blazing Wind to 3 and can fully charge the skill at the start of turn 1 due to Missiletainn's Pulse effect. Inheriting Special Spiral allows her to charge the skill by 2 points after combat, which combined with the 1 point of charge gained during combat, will fully recharge the skill for the next round of combat.

Lilina has a Slaying effect on her weapon, lowering the cooldown of Gifted Magic to 1, and her weapon has Quickened Pulse, which fully charges the skill at the start of turn 1. She charges 1 point during each round of combat, which allows Gifted Magic to be fully charged for the next round of combat.

Bows, daggers, and dragonstones can be inherited across colors. Tomes cannot.

Beast weapons technically can be inherited across colors, but it's not possible in practice because the only inheritable beast weapons are "Silver" weapons, and all beast units already have them by default.

It depends. Units in the low 30's (at neutral level 40) can potentially still run Spd investment, but will likely need premium skills to remain relevant in higher-level content.

Staff units in the high 20's are still worth running Spd investment simply because staff units usually don't need stats to begin with, and preventing occasional doubles from units with middling Spd is still helpful.

Super tanks in the mid 20's are still worth running Spd investment because it's very much possible to get a huge amount of Spd from supporting units between weapons like Geirskogul, passive skills like Joint Drive Spd, Legendary/Mythic blessing stat bonuses, Ally/Summoner Support, Dragonflowers, etc.

Legendary Lilina in particular is designed to kill in a single hit between the damage from her Special and the damage from her direct attack. Her Spd stat is irrelevant. Even Ophelia, who has the same role and actually has a Spd stat, doesn't actually care about her Spd stat because it's irrelevant to her role.

Note that the optimal A skill for both Ophelia and Legendary Lilina is still Life and Death 4. The Spd from the skill is completely irrelevant. All that matters to them is their visible Atk stat (since in-combat Atk doesn't increase the damage of AoE Specials), and Life and Death 4 gives the largest possible increase to visible Atk.

1 hour ago, Sil/phire said:

The build is generally something like the following, key components in red:
+Atk
Slaying Weapon

Reposition
Blazing WindBlazing Light — Growing Wind
Life and Death
Special Spiral

Savage Blow — Def Smoke — Res Smoke
Life and Death — Hardy Bearing

Alternatively, if the unit does not have access to a Slaying Weapon:
+Atk
Non-Slaying Weapon
(usually something that boosts damage by a lot)
Reposition
Blazing WindBlazing Light — Growing Wind
Heavy BladeFlashing Blade
Special Spiral
Savage Blow — Def Smoke — Res Smoke
Life and Death — Hardy Bearing

1 hour ago, Sil/phire said:

It also depends on the Weapon and overall build.

You want to use focus on Atk if the player phase unit is of the following variety:
- Brave nuke (e.g.: Reinhardt, Lyn: Ninja-Friend Duo)
- Busting bulky tanks (e.g.: Marth: Hero-King, Fir: Student of Spring)
- Blazing nuke (e.g.: Lilina: Firelight Leader)
- One-shot nuke (e.g.: Lilina, Sonya)
- Has guaranteed follow-up (e.g.: Lyn, Lysithea: Earnest Seeker, Tibarn: Shipless Pirate)
Other than fast Brave nukes and tank busters, none of these units care about Spd; Spd still helps of course, but its impact on performance is pretty low. For fast Brave nukes, you want to maximize their Atk/Spd as usual, but with more emphasis on Atk, so fast Brave nukes should run +Atk rather than +Spd; other than a slight change in Asset, fast Brave nukes are built the same as other fast nukes. For tank busters, they just need sufficient Spd to double slow tanks, so they do not need to maximize Spd; if you are trying to bust fast tanks, you will just use a regular player phase unit with the standard emphasis on Spd.

All other player phase units wants +Spd. +Spd helps them double, and doubling is the best way to increase damage output since you are hitting twice, basically doubling your damage output compared to hitting just once.

As for the cutoff on investing in Spd, the cut off point is blurry and subjective. It is generally around 30 Spd, and it can range from 25 to 32 depending on the unit in question, personal preference, and access to resources.

Edited by XRay