"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

Just now, Birdy said:

It's not bad, Fury is a pretty good skill, it's just that he gets more out of things like Death Blow and/or Life or Death and such since it makes the most out of his player phase action, which is what he is all about. Fury will up his BST and give more points in the arena, for now, though.

Yea, it's just hard to justify using Reinhardt in arena due to his low BST, but he's an essential part of a cavalry team.  Perhaps if I can manage to get him to +6ish he'll be fine. 

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Lushen said:

This is on my cavalry account so I don't have Chrom here.  Xander is +def/-res which is pretty bad.  What's wrong with Fury Reinhardt?  He can't really tank any hits anyways.

Because Reinhardt would much rather have a better damage amp (Life and Death or Death Blow).  Rein's Speed is awful, which means that the extra bulk from Fury is wasted, because he's going to be doubled.  With Fury 3, it takes 49 neutral physical damage and 47 neutral magical damage to ORKO him, assuming that he's at full health.  Assuming a single HP tick from Fury, those numbers drop to 46 neutral physical damage and 44 neutral magic damage.  In other words, neutral Nowi/5* +Atk Oboro/+Atk Spring Xander with an attack buff can walk up and ORKO him, and that's bad.

21 minutes ago, Lushen said:

What's wrong with Fury Reinhardt?  He can't really tank any hits anyways. 

As mentioned, Reinhardt can't take hits and his Speed is terrible, so the only real thing he gets from Fury is +Atk.  You could give him Death Blow or vanilla +Atk with none of the downside of Fury.  If you stack buffs out the wazoo, you could raise his Speed to acceptable levels, but that's true for every unit, and you can't guarantee that the stars will always align perfectly that you'll be able to get every buff every turn that depends on your other units' placement.

Fury works well on units that can go from being doubled to not being doubled or not doubling to doubling, so units that are in the 30 Speed +/- a few ballpark, And/Or units that otherwise have a way of self-healing to counteract the HP hit each turn.  Reinhardt fits into neither group, so other skills would be better on him.  If your Reinhardt is +Spd, he might barely eek into the range where having Fury prevents him from getting doubled, but -Spd is actually the recommended bane for him, since it lets him put points into another stat, which helps being pretty much anywhere else than Speed.

I can usually figure this out myself, but i'd like some input. I finally have enough feathers to 5* another unit soon, but I'm not sure who I should upgrade. I was thinking of Tharja, Peri or Nowi. Maybe even sharena or Nino. What is my 5* team lacking and what would they need? (Forget about boon/bane for now, havent been lucky besides jaffar).

Edited by Chelone

37 minutes ago, Chelone said:

I can usually figure this out myself, but i'd like some input. I finally have enough feathers to 5* another unit soon, but I'm not sure who I should upgrade. I was thinking of Tharja, Peri or Nowi. Maybe even sharena or Nino. What is my 5* team lacking and what would they need? (Forget about boon/bane for now, havent been lucky besides jaffar).

If you want to be wicked, you can five star adult tiki and give lightning plus to young tiki Heh heh heh

But seriously though, it looks like you're pretty set to me. I think you can start promoting units just for their skills. But if not, Nino for the win 

I still need a few stuff to complete my cavalry team but mainly:

Gunter needs a B skill and I was wondering if I should give him a brave axe since he doesnt double anyways

And also Reinhardt and Eliwood need an A skill 

I also have a 5* Peri and a 4* Cecillia with no other skills than her initial ones

Any suggestions?

1 hour ago, SilverCrusader said:

I still need a few stuff to complete my cavalry team but mainly:

Gunter needs a B skill and I was wondering if I should give him a brave axe since he doesnt double anyways

And also Reinhardt and Eliwood need an A skill 

I also have a 5* Peri and a 4* Cecillia with no other skills than her initial ones

Any suggestions?

Gunter with a brave ax is definitely something to look at. For the B you can give him quick riposte for an incredibly filthy 4x attack with a brave weapon if his health is high enough. Or even keep the silver ax and give him vantage

Reinhardt can get Death blow if you have it or even swift sparrow if you want to give away your Lucina heh or even a mild +3 attack.

Smelliwood would (heh wood would) appreciate fury. He actually turns into a psycho with it, and he already is a psycho! Defiant attack also makes him even more of a psycho!

Peri has good skills but she kind of stinks as a unit. Now that I think of it, she probably benefits the most from the cavalry buffs. Especially since she's fast and has an easy cool down on the special. I'd switch plus resistance with +atk and give her swordbreaker.

Cecillia is also a unit I don't know much about

Edited by Arcanite

4 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Peri just sucks as a unit, so I don't know what to put on her

Peri is good for giving Glimmer or Threaten Def 3 to other units.

I went two months without Pulling Peri at all, and then get 3 of her within a couple days of each other.  RNG is random.

4 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Peri is good for giving Glimmer or Threaten Def 3 to other units.

Well, you see, that's the thing. When you're only good for giving away skills, then you pretty much suck as a unit XD

I had 2 Peris, but got rid of them before skill inheritance was announced. So for me I guess that means RNG is . . . . . . . . . . . . Still random LOL

Nonetheless! I shall edit my post to show Peris true value 

18 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Well, you see, that's the thing. When you're only good for giving away skills, then you pretty much suck as a unit XD

I had 2 Peris, but got rid of them before skill inheritance was announced. So for me I guess that means RNG is . . . . . . . . . . . . Still random LOL

Nonetheless! I shall edit my post to show Peris true value 

There's plenty of units that don't even have skills worth giving to anybody, so it's not a total loss.

1 minute ago, Zero1000 said:

I got a +Res/-Def M!Corrin. How much does it affect him?

Looks like you quadruple posted, slow internet connection?  Might want to PM eclipse or another mod just to let them know it was an accident.

It's sort of benign, it doesn't really hurt or help, it just makes his Def and Res about even.  Use him if you like, it doesn't hurt him like -Atk or -Spd would.

9 minutes ago, Zero1000 said:

I got a +Res/-Def M!Corrin. How much does it affect him?

My corrin isnt really a major key at base, but skill inheritance works wonders for him.

-defense hurts a bit because his is really good for a sword user. I'd say it's salvageable but you might just be better of not using him for arena. You could still use him, but I don't imagine you'll get very far with him sine he won't be able to dance with other sword users 

Edit: I reported your post so a mod will take care of it!

Edited by Arcanite

5 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

My corrin isnt really a major key at base, but skill inheritance works wonders for him.

-defense hurts a bit because his is really good for a sword user. I'd say it's salvageable but you might just be better of not using him for arena. You could still use him, but I don't imagine you'll get very far with him sine he won't be able to dance with other sword users 

Edit: I reported your post so a mod will take care of it!

. . .and believe it or not, telling people that you reported them is against the rules. . .but given the context, I'll let it slide.

As for Corrin, he's meant to be an off-tank who speeds up when he attacks.  That boon/bane combo works decently enough - just keep that Defense +3 on him, if you want him to sorta-tank.

1 minute ago, Rezzy said:

Can a unit kill themselves from Fury recoil damage or will it always leave you with at least 1 HP?

Anything that does damage after or before combat let's you live, including poison strike and AoE skills!

Edited by Arcanite

43 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

There's plenty of units that don't even have skills worth giving to anybody, so it's not a total loss.

This.  Right now I'd rather have a hinata than any 5*. 

16 minutes ago, Kiran said:

Fury can not kill you. It leaves you with 1 hp. 

16 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Anything that does damage after or before combat let's you live, including poison strike and AoE skills!

Thanks, I figured it was probably the case, but thought it wouldn't hurt to check.

11 minutes ago, Lushen said:

This.  Right now I'd rather have a hinata than any 5*. 

Odin has been sacrificing his Special Skills to other units for me, lately.  I'm a fan of the 2 tick Special skills.

I have a 4*-Spd/+Res Robin, should I use him or pass his Bonfire to Michalis?

Also, I have two 3* Robins, both -HP, but with +Def and +Res. If I pass Bonfire, which one should I use?

16 minutes ago, Zero1000 said:

I have a 4*-Spd/+Res Robin, should I use him or pass his Bonfire to Michalis?

Also, I have two 3* Robins, both -HP, but with +Def and +Res. If I pass Bonfire, which one should I use?

If you don't have an interest in using Robin, yeah that's one of the worse natures for Robin, so you can pawn off his Bonfire.

Robin has pretty low Res for a mage, but Def helps him for taking out Takumis, which used to be his main job, so the extra Def might help.  Either nature could work, depending on the rest of your team's makeup.