"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

23 minutes ago, TheSilentChloey said:

He's currently running the medic build.  +Atk IV.

If you want a medic build, I would go something like the following:

+Atk/HP
Falchion [Atk]
Reciprocal Aid — Ardent Sacrifice
Moonbow — Ruptured Sky
R Duel Infantry
Renewal
(Any C) — Panic Ploy
HP — HP/Atk — Renewal
You want HP or Atk Asset. HP makes him a better healer, but his HP will be so high anyways that it is not necessary in most cases since most units do not have HP that high; you will only need +HP if you are trying to Reciprocal Aid Arden or some other super bulky armor unit. Atk makes him better at killing dragons in one hit incase he needs to kill one. As a non combat unit, his other stats do not really matter much. Atk Refine is better in my opinion since using adjacency requirement for combat is dangerous and is just asking for the enemy to snipe him, and the extra HP makes him a better healer. Also make sure to tailor his Sacred Seal depending on the team. It does not make sense to run HP or HP/Atk if no one on the team has super high HP; and by the same token, Renewal is less ideal if you are using a super high HP tank, since you need Chrom to match their HP.

Edited by XRay

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

@XRay @TheSilentChloey

There's really no reason to ever go +HP on Chrom for a medic build. Excluding armors, there are only 3 units in the game with more HP than him, and if he has Resplendent boosts, there is only 1 unit in the game with more HP than him.

And because of this, there's also no reason to run Ardent Sacrifice over Reciprocal Aid.

Similarly, there's also no reason to use skills that boost his HP unless you're running Panic Ploy and want to hit high-HP armors (or you're using a Duel skill for Arena), but if you're doubling down on a medic build, you should really run Odd/Even Recovery instead.

1 hour ago, Othin said:

What are and aren't you open to changing?

Not willing to change his IVs, probably DC a skill and panic b skill.  C and S skills are flexible.

41 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

@XRay @TheSilentChloey

There's really no reason to ever go +HP on Chrom for a medic build. Excluding armors, there are only 3 units in the game with more HP than him, and if he has Resplendent boosts, there is only 1 unit in the game with more HP than him.

And because of this, there's also no reason to run Ardent Sacrifice over Reciprocal Aid.

Similarly, there's also no reason to use skills that boost his HP unless you're running Panic Ploy and want to hit high-HP armors (or you're using a Duel skill for Arena), but if you're doubling down on a medic build, you should really run Odd/Even Recovery instead.

Which skill slot is that?  If it's b then I don't know if he'd take that because I'm running him with the panic b skill.

30 minutes ago, TheSilentChloey said:

Which skill slot is that?  If it's b then I don't know if he'd take that because I'm running him with the panic b skill.

Recovery skills are on the C slot. Odd Recovery is currently only found on Winter Sephiran. Even Recovery hasn't been released yet.

2 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

While there is not much need to go +HP now due to very few units having super high HP, it is possible that more future units can get more HP in the future. And as a support unit, high HP can also help Pulse infantry allies and Panic enemies. And with more space due to Reserves, it is not a bad idea to keep a +HP copy in storage.

Ardent Sacrifice means that Chrom can always heal, and with two Renewals, he will never run out of HP to heal. Reciprocal Aid can have a long cooldown depending on how badly his ally was previously hurt, and if he only has one Renewal from his Weapon, it might take him a while to heal again.

1 hour ago, TheSilentChloey said:

Recovery skills are exclusive to staff units, so Chrom cannot use it.

1 hour ago, TheSilentChloey said:

Not willing to change his IVs, probably DC a skill and panic b skill.  C and S skills are flexible.

I would not run Distant Counter if he is not used primarily as a combat unit. I do not recommend mixing combat skills and support skills on the same unit; it is not a good idea to make a unit do too much. If you want to keep Distant Counter, I would build him as a combat unit and switch to Sealed Falchion, and you can run him as a super tank or something by padding his Spd and Res a bit more.

I personally prefer Renewal on B, but Sudden Panic is good too, since you only need high HP regeneration if he is constantly healing.

Edited by XRay

2 hours ago, XRay said:

While there is not much need to go +HP now due to very few units having super high HP, it is possible that more future units can get more HP in the future. And as a support unit, high HP can also help Pulse infantry allies and Panic enemies. And with more space due to Reserves, it is not a bad idea to keep a +HP copy in storage.

I mentioned this a while back, but HP is the only stat that has had zero stat creep (in fact, I'd even argue that it has had negative stat creep), and there's currently no reason to expect that to change in the foreseeable future.

2 hours ago, XRay said:

Recovery skills are exclusive to staff units, so Chrom cannot use it.

Ah. The lack of weapon and movement type icons tricked me.

I'm not sure what IVs to go for with Creamie (Dream M!Corrin)

+Atk or +Spd?

He has the following build:

Glittering Breath+ +Spd

Dragon Fang (Moonbow/Glimmer)

Atk/Def Unity

Mystic Boost

Joint Drive Spd

Chill Atk

21 minutes ago, TheSilentChloey said:

I'm not sure what IVs to go for with Creamie (Dream M!Corrin)

+Atk or +Spd?

He has the following build:

Glittering Breath+ +Spd

Dragon Fang (Moonbow/Glimmer)

Atk/Def Unity

Mystic Boost

Joint Drive Spd

Chill Atk

+Spd is better. If you want to use him as a dual phase unit, I recommend a similar build to Chrom as mentioned in the previous page.

+Spd

Draconic Rage -- Lightning Breath -- Black Fire Breath

Spd Refinement

Moonbow

(Any Solo or Ideal that boosts Spd) -- (Any Unity that boosts Spd, if running Draconic Rage)

Null Follow-Up -- Lull Atk/Spd -- AS Near Trace -- Dull Close

(Any Rouse that boosts Spd)

(Any Solo that boosts Spd)

So Hall of Forms, I have this Mareeta build up so far:

Unbound Blade+

Blue Flame

Brazen Atk/Spd 4

Special Spiral

Joint Drive Atk

Suggestions for anything else? I have plenty of Torches to burn, and multiple forma souls.

Also, potentially, Saias builds? I have this so far:

Wargod's Tome

Close Defense (ward?)

Null C-Disrupt

I have focused mostly in Mareeta and honestly have had only vague ideas as to what to pick, I have two copies and her base kit is already really good. I don't know if Spurn would be a better pick over Special Spiral or even her native Close Call, for example, or what a good C skill would be, Time's Pulse did show up once and I thought of going for a special spammer build but unfortunately it conflicted with Brazen Atk/Spd showing up at the same time, and I just couldn't pass that one up (and Kestral Stance wasn't that inspiring of an A-Skill anyways).

I went for Ninja Katana, dual rally, aether, DC, spurn, time pulse on my Mareeta. I'd have grabbed Ruptured sky if it hadn't popped at the same time as time pulse. This is with my existing Mareeta being a galeforce variant, which is another way to go with her. Flashing Blade 4 would be preferable as an A in that case. Whether you value spurn over something like windsweep or NCD depends on how much you want to play around close calls movement. I find it detrimental to my playstyle so spurn is a clear improvement, but if you like that aspect of close call then there isn't much functional difference keeping it over spurn and prioritizing another C.

Blue flame especially, and to a lesser extent joint drives, don't really play very nice with Mareetas blade, so I'd probable lean away from both, but blue flame moreso.

14 minutes ago, Ether said:

I went for Ninja Katana, dual rally, aether, DC, spurn, time pulse on my Mareeta. I'd have grabbed Ruptured sky if it hadn't popped at the same time as time pulse. This is with my existing Mareeta being a galeforce variant, which is another way to go with her. Flashing Blade 4 would be preferable as an A in that case. Whether you value spurn over something like windsweep or NCD depends on how much you want to play around close calls movement. I find it detrimental to my playstyle so spurn is a clear improvement, but if you like that aspect of close call then there isn't much functional difference keeping it over spurn and prioritizing another C.

Blue flame especially, and to a lesser extent joint drives, don't really play very nice with Mareetas blade, so I'd probable lean away from both, but blue flame moreso.

ah. well, i already missed out on time's pulse, and spurn and DC have not shown up, or ninja katana. are specific levels where those are more likely to appear or is the rng the same everywhere?

As far as I know, the chance is the same on every floor, but I could be wrong. In practice you'll always use Mareetas blade so the weapon isn't overly important, and Unbound is probably among the best options anyway. DC, galeforce and general offense all have their place depending on your preference, so you don't need to go for the specific skill list that I did. My existing Mareeta is already galeforce windsweep so I was dead set on getting DC for the alternative mode.

good point, i just never thought about building her before or how to use her, but pm1 also suggested DC, Time's Pulse, & ninja katana. I do have DC fodder, but not spurn or time;s pulse. i picked brazen atk/spd because honestly nothing better has shown up so far.

Spurn and her native Close call are fairly comparable. +5 special damage is nice, but the Hit and Run effect can be useful if you want to play around it. I find it more disruptive than anything, so I went for spurn, but NCD, windsweep, or even something like Wrath can all work fine if you would rather have more options than just a different dodge skill. As for special spiral, it's fine enough, but I would go for Time Pulse + Wrath if I wanted to spam specials, since it instacharges Luna at the same threshold that Brazen activates, if you choose to keep Brazen. I'm sure there's a place for special spiral in her build if nothing else rolls, especially if you can't get time pulse, but I think that if she's trying to special spam with one shots, Wrath is better on her since she has innate slaying already.

well i finished my run w/ the following:

unbound blade+ spd

rally res+

aether

brazen atk/spd

windsweep

joint drive atk

not the c skill i would have preferred. NCD did show up but i opted for windsweep because of a certain very popular colorless beast unit running around lately.....i also didnt see a better special, assist, or a-skill show up. honestly a little depressing. i think it at least gives me a different option to her default build

6 hours ago, TheSilentChloey said:

Quick question?

Emmeryn a skill: Bond, Solo, or Push?

ETA: It's for her Røkkr Seige build.

Which specific skills are you talking about? You haven't specified which stats or whether you're talking about level 3 or level 4 skills. It's also not clear what your "Rokkr Siege" build is or what role it's trying to play in your team.

I tend to have my units clumped together in Rokkr fights, so if that's the case for you, Bond skills are good and Solo skills are not. Level 3 Push skills are very weak in general. Rokkr isn't a very difficult mode, so I'd suggest just trying out common skills you have in hand and seeing what works for you rather than trying to get some perfect build.

Edited by Othin

11 hours ago, Sil/phire said:

Suggestions for anything else? I have plenty of Torches to burn, and multiple forma souls.

For Weapons and skills in general, my personal recommendations are:
- Grail Weapons (Grails are time gated and Grail units are limited in quantity; e.g.: Candlewax Bow, Rapport Wand)
- Weapons/skills from Special/Legendary/Mythic Heroes (harder to obtain compared to stuff in the permanent summoning pool; e.g.: Flora Guide, Blackfire Breath, Brazen Atk/Spd, Odd Recovery)
- Something powerful/practical (e.g.: Ninja Katana, Broadleaf Fan, Life and Death, Special Spiral, AR Far Save)
Some Weapons can fall into multiple of the above categories.

So Hall of Forms, I have this Mareeta build up so far:

Unbound Blade+

Blue Flame

Brazen Atk/Spd 4

Special Spiral

Joint Drive Atk

Personally, I lean towards something like this for Galeforce for infantry units:
Ninja Katana
(Any Assist) — Harsh Command
Ruptured Sky
Flashing Blade
Lull Spd/Def — Spurn — Null Follow-Up
Time's Pulse

If you want to use her as a super tank, I would go with the following instead:
Guard Sword — Carrot Cudgel — Unbound Blade
Spd Refinement
Ruptured Sky
Distant Counter
Spurn — Null Follow-Up
Pulse Smoke

Also, potentially, Saias builds? I have this so far:

Wargod's Tome

Close Defense (ward?)

Null C-Disrupt

For ranged infantry units, I lean towards a Blazing build:
Spooky Censer [Res]
Ruptured Sky
Heavy Blade
Special Spiral
Fatal Smoke

I have focused mostly in Mareeta and honestly have had only vague ideas as to what to pick, I have two copies and her base kit is already really good. I don't know if Spurn would be a better pick over Special Spiral or even her native Close Call, for example, or what a good C skill would be, Time's Pulse did show up once and I thought of going for a special spammer build but unfortunately it conflicted with Brazen Atk/Spd showing up at the same time, and I just couldn't pass that one up (and Kestral Stance wasn't that inspiring of an A-Skill anyways).

You should build towards your preferred play style. Personally, I lean towards Galeforce for melee units, Blazing spam for ranged infantry units, and regular raw damage builds for other ranged units. The following are generally what I try to aim for.

Melee

Spoiler

Fast Infantry Galeforcer:
In the Moment Weapons
Harsh Command — Rally Up Atk
Ruptured Sky — Galeforce
Flashing Blade — Life and Death — Brazen Atk/Spd — Atk/Spd Ideal
Lull Atk/DefLull Spd/Def — Spurn — Null Follow-Up — Special Spiral
Time's Pulse — Fatal Smoke
Preferred skills in bold. If the unit has the preferred skill as their default, then I pick other skills as back up.

Slow Infantry Galeforcer:
In the Moment Weapons
Ruptured Sky — Galeforce
Heavy Blade — Life and Death — Atk/Def Ideal — Atk/Res Ideal
Lull Atk/Def — Special Spiral — Wrath
Time's Pulse — Fatal Smoke

Fast Flier/Cavalry Galeforcer:
In the Moment Weapons
Ruptured Sky — Galeforce
Heavy Blade — Brazen Atk/Spd — Atk/Spd Catch
AS Near Trace — SD Near Trace — Dive Bomb — Lull Atk/Spd — Lull Spd/Def
Atk/Spd Rein — Spd/Def Rein — Fatal Smoke

Slow Flier/Cavalry Galeforcer:
In the Moment Weapons
Ruptured Sky — Galeforce
Heavy Blade — Atk/Def Catch — Atk/Res Catch
AD Near Trace — Lull Atk/Def
Atk/Def Rein — Fatal Smoke

Armor:
In the Moment Weapons
Ruptured Sky — Galeforce
Distant Counter — Atk/Def Ideal — Atk/Res Ideal
Bold Fighter — Crafty Fighter — Special Fighter
Armored Stride — DR Near Save — DR Far Save

Ranged

Spoiler

Ranged Infantry:
A Monstrous Harvest Weapons — Firesweep Bow — Fortune Bow (if unit has high Res) — Temari (if unit has high Res)
Ruptured SkyDeadeye
Heavy Blade — Life and Death — Fort. Def/Res (if unit has high Res)
Special Spiral — Lull Spd/Def — Lull Spd/Res — Sabotage (if unit has high Res)
Fatal SmokeArmored Stride — Spd/Def Menace — Spd/Res Menace

Fast ranged unit:
(Any Weapon that boosts Atk/Spd; Helm Bow, Flora Guide, etc.) — A Monstrous Harvest Weapons (if unit has high Res) — Fortune Bow (if unit has high Res) — Temari (if unit has high Res)
Ruptured SkyDeadeye
Brazen Atk/Spd — Atk/Spd Catch — Fort. Def/Res (if unit has high Res)
SD Far TraceSR Far Trace — Lull Spd/Def — Lull Spd/Res — Sabotage (if unit has high Res)
Spd/Def ReinSpd/Res Rein — Fatal Smoke — Spd/Def Menace — Spd/Res Menace

Slow ranged unit:
(Any Weapon that boosts Atk/Def, Atk/Res, or Atk/Def/Res; Spendthrift Bow, Dark Desert Ritual Weapons, Love of a King Weapons, etc.) — A Monstrous Harvest Weapons (if unit has high Res) — Fortune Bow (if unit has high Res) — Temari (if unit has high Res)
Ruptured SkyDeadeye
Atk/Def Catch — Atk/Res Catch — Fort. Def/Res (if unit has high Res)
AD Far TraceAR Far Trace — Lull Atk/Def — Lull Atk/Res — Sabotage (if unit has high Res)
Atk/Def ReinAtk/Res Rein — Fatal Smoke — Atk/Def Menace — Atk/Res Menace

— — — — — — —

6 hours ago, TheSilentChloey said:

Quick question?

Emmeryn a skill: Bond, Solo, or Push?

ETA: It's for her Røkkr Seige build.

Staff unit's role is not to deal damage, so her A skill does not matter. I would stick with Attack +3 for staff units. Even for combat units, I would just go with Death Blow since it is cheap and the Røkkr does not really deal enough damage to warrant significant investment.

I also do not recommend using Solos, as your units will generally be grouped up mauling the Røkkr.

Does the current CYL4 banner expire before 1st of June? It says 4 days left and I am not sure does it means it ends on 1st June refresh or 2nd June .I need 6 more pulls to get spark on the CYL4 banner and out of orbs at the moment. Might be doing some last minute chain battles but I am already at mid Book 4 and I don't wanna use it all up before CYL5 banner.

1 hour ago, MagicCanonBalls said:

Does the current CYL4 banner expire before 1st of June? It says 4 days left and I am not sure does it means it ends on 1st June refresh or 2nd June .I need 6 more pulls to get spark on the CYL4 banner and out of orbs at the moment. Might be doing some last minute chain battles but I am already at mid Book 4 and I don't wanna use it all up before CYL5 banner.

Those counters round down. It will expire 4 days from the next reset.

2 hours ago, TheSilentChloey said:

I got Fallen Dimitri this morning and he's +Atk/-Res.  How good is he?

He is pretty good in my opinion, just feels a bit under appreciated due to most of the attention focusing on Edelgard: Hegemon Husk. Personally, between the two when I saw the trailer, I was more excited about Dimitri: Savage Boar because he fits my preferred play style better. He is a player phase unit, and he can be a pretty good Firesweeping Galeforcer.

Galeforce:
+Spd
Vengeful Lance
Reposition
Galeforce
Flashing Blade -- (Any A that boosts Atk/Spd)
Murderous Lion
(Any C)
(Any A that boosts Atk/Spd) -- Flashing Blade

I do not recommend using him as a dual phase or enemy phase unit though, since his bulk is not that great compared to more specialized tanks. If you want a dual phase unit, I would go with Dimitri: Savior King and give him either Spurn or Null Follow-Up. If you want an enemy unit, I would go with Dimitri: King of Faerghus.

Edited by XRay

12 minutes ago, XRay said:

He is pretty good in my opinion, just feels a bit under appreciated due to most of the attention focusing on Edelgard: Hegemon Husk. Personally, between the two when I saw the trailer, I was more excited about Dimitri: Savage Boar because he fits my preferred play style better. He is a player phase unit, and he can be a pretty good Firesweeping Galeforcer.

Galeforce:

+Spd

Vengeful Lance

Reposition

Galeforce

Flashing Blade -- (Any A that boosts Atk/Spd)

Murderous Lion

(Any C)

(Any A that boosts Atk/Spd) -- Flashing Blade

I do not recommend using him as a dual phase or enemy phase unit though, since his bulk is not that great compared to more specialized tanks. If you want a dual phase unit, I would go with Dimitri: Savior King and give him either Spurn or Null Follow-Up. If you want an enemy unit, I would go with Dimitri: King of Faerghus.

I'm not wasting trait fruits on him nor am I going to summon for him to merge.  I just wanted to know if he'd be good as is.

4 minutes ago, TheSilentChloey said:

I'm not wasting trait fruits on him nor am I going to summon for him to merge.  I just wanted to know if he'd be good as is.

I am recommending a full build so that you know what to aim for in case you get more copies or resources in the future. I do not expect anyone to immediately change Assets or throw all their fodder at a unit. My suggestions are something to work towards over time, not something to immediately complete. Even when I do have all the resources available to completely build a unit, I still wait a while to make sure I do not completely deplete my Manuals.

But yes, he is fine as is.

1 minute ago, XRay said:

I am recommending a full build so that you know what to aim for in case you get more copies or resources in the future. I do not expect anyone to immediately change Assets or throw all their fodder at a unit. My suggestions are something to work towards over time, not something to immediately complete. Even when I do have all the resources available to completely build a unit, I still wait a while to make sure I do not completely deplete my Manuals.

But yes, he is fine as is.

Good.  Especially since I don't intend to do anything with him except maybe throwing him at things my teams can't.