Jump to content
Randoman

"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

How so? Near Save's role against Fallen Edelgard is to be able to stall for an additional turn and to be able to attack her without needing to waste actions on retreating out of reach after attacking, which is particularly valuable against her because of her Guard Bearing effect.

For Aether Raids, it just seems easier to throw a Dodge tank with Pulse Smoke at her. Even with AD Near Save, a save tank might not last against her, and the better Save tanks would still be heavily injured in the process.                    

For Arena, Firesweepers are at least viable score wise in Tier 19.5 and below, and it seems possible for Tier 20.5 if the player uses Legendary Heroes and got Duel skills.

34 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

It's still literally only Duma and Seiros that are relevant and target Res, and all of the top Near Save candidates except Fallen Edelgard already shut down their guaranteed follow-ups and Duma's Special activation. The variety of enemies relevant to Near Save tanks does not put them in any desperate need for the extra 4 Res over 4 Def.

What you are saying is that it is worth putting off building a unit that could be immensely useful now simply because a future skill that is slightly more optimal compared to the one we have now against a hypothetical enemy that doesn't yet exist hasn't been released yet.

If the player does not have issue with Edelgard: Hegemon Husk, then I do not think it is necessary to use AD Near Save immediately just to bench it later.

While Edelgard: Hegemon Husk may seem like a big deal now, I do not think it is as big of a deal as people make it out to be. For player phase players at least, we do not have much to spend on as we have very few "must have" skills and units, so it is not exactly difficult to save for Fatal Smoke when it comes around again; and in the meantime, there are plenty of cheaper tools to make do with. Enemy phase players have a lot of stuff to spend on, so budgeting for Pulse Smoke is easier said than done, but Pulse Smoke does come around predictably twice per year via Special Heroes Foci.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Trying to fine tune my AR anima defense setup, and was wondering if I could get any advice on improving it?

Few things to note. Fortress is in the bottom left to prevent isolation on Sigurd turn one. Katarina has the hardy bearing seal for anti Altina stuff. Edelgard has near save and is positioned to cover every unit on my team, to prevent just rushing in turn one

 

Anima.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Faellin said:

Fortress is in the bottom left to prevent isolation on Sigurd turn one.

Why would the fortress block Isolation on Sigurd? Fjorm/Mila just need to be in the same row as Sigurd to trigger their Isolation debuffs, and they have the entire bottom row to do it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

Why would the fortress block Isolation on Sigurd? Fjorm/Mila just need to be in the same row as Sigurd to trigger their Isolation debuffs, and they have the entire bottom row to do it.

Damn, forgot about that... In this regard, thinking somewhere in the row between the traps and Seiros would be better

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, XRay said:

For Aether Raids, it just seems easier to throw a Dodge tank with Pulse Smoke at her.

Sure, if you have one.

But even if you do, you still need 44 Def on it to take less damage than a +10 Gustav with no support does, and said Gustav has a larger margin for error with his 53 HP before blessing bonuses.

 

3 minutes ago, XRay said:

Even with AD Near Save, a save tank might not last against her, and the better Save tanks would still be heavily injured in the process.

And the exact same can be said of a Dodge tank.

 

51 minutes ago, XRay said:

If the player does not have issue with Edelgard: Hegemon Husk, then I do not think it is necessary to use AD Near Save immediately just to bench it later.

Near Save is still by far the easiest way to deal with Lunge traps. Edelgard isn't the only major threat that Save tanks are intended to deal with.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Sure, if you have one.

But even if you do, you still need 44 Def on it to take less damage than a +10 Gustav with no support does, and said Gustav has a larger margin for error with his 53 HP before blessing bonuses.

 

And the exact same can be said of a Dodge tank.

 

Near Save is still by far the easiest way to deal with Lunge traps. Edelgard isn't the only major threat that Save tanks are intended to deal with.

Dodge tanks have the C slot free for Pulse Smoke to shut down her Special triggers. For Save tanks, the best they can do is to delay the Bonfire trigger until Pulse Smoke gets released as a Sacred Seal.

Save tanks are better at dealing with Lunge, but I do not think they can deal with Edelgard: Hegemon Husk any better than super tanks can.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, XRay said:

Dodge tanks have the C slot free for Pulse Smoke to shut down her Special triggers. For Save tanks, the best they can do is to delay the Bonfire trigger until Pulse Smoke gets released as a Sacred Seal.

Yes. I know, but...

 

30 minutes ago, XRay said:

Save tanks are better at dealing with Lunge, but I do not think they can deal with Edelgard: Hegemon Husk any better than super tanks can.

The numbers I gave you literally say otherwise.

A +10 Gustav takes 7 + 32 = 39. A Dodge tank with 44 Def takes 19 + 19 = 38.

If Gustav is getting +8 Def from Drive/Ward buffs, he takes only 0 + 24 = 24 damage. To match this, a Dodge tank needs and extra 11 Def, reaching 55 Def, to take 12 + 12 = 24 damage.

The Dodge tank requires Pulse Smoke just to not get obliterated by Bonfire (which will hit for 15 additional damage after damage reduction), whereas Gustav literally takes the hit in stride. Sure, a different Save tank will need more support to reach the same Def, but even Brave Hector is only 7 points of Def behind Gustav, and while Duo Idunn is 9 points behind Gustav, she makes up for it by actually being able to kill Edelgard on the counterattack instead of just passively walling.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Have a couple miscellaneous questions. 

1) Something I thought was interesting when I watched a replay today of a successful Aether Raids defense. The person who challenged my team got messed up from a trick on my setup and lost 3 of their attackers Turn 1; they were able to turn it around and defeat everyone but my Mirabilis, who they intentionally avoided. Instead they played chicken long enough to break my Aether structures then surrendered. They had an escape ladder so I assume they avoided losing any aether by surrendering, but did they also actually gain aether ultimately? Was there a point in breaking the structures? 

2) With Sothe's new refine, I saw a couple people mention that he now has potential for being a Blazing Nuke. I was trying to figure out how that works, I assume it has something to do with his new cooldown -1 after combat, but with AoE specials requiring 4 charges I'm confused about how the refine makes that much of a difference in that role. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, uhmuzing said:

Have a couple miscellaneous questions. 

1) Something I thought was interesting when I watched a replay today of a successful Aether Raids defense. The person who challenged my team got messed up from a trick on my setup and lost 3 of their attackers Turn 1; they were able to turn it around and defeat everyone but my Mirabilis, who they intentionally avoided. Instead they played chicken long enough to break my Aether structures then surrendered. They had an escape ladder so I assume they avoided losing any aether by surrendering, but did they also actually gain aether ultimately? Was there a point in breaking the structures? 

2) With Sothe's new refine, I saw a couple people mention that he now has potential for being a Blazing Nuke. I was trying to figure out how that works, I assume it has something to do with his new cooldown -1 after combat, but with AoE specials requiring 4 charges I'm confused about how the refine makes that much of a difference in that role. 

1. Probably just spite. If you've already lost more than 3 units to the enemy and you know you're gonna reset, you have no reason not to cut loose and do whatever the hell you want, INCLUDING murdering your loved ones and breaking all your stuff.
You get nothing from surrendering.

2. After combat, Special Spiral and the -1 cooldown from refined Peshkats lowers the cooldown by -3, and with the charge that Sothe already gets from the one hit in-combat, he will have a fully charged Blazing special.

Edited by Xenomata

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

1. Probably just spite. If you've already lost more than 3 units to the enemy and you know you're gonna reset, you have no reason not to cut loose and do whatever the hell you want, INCLUDING murdering your loved ones and breaking all your stuff.
You get nothing from surrendering.

2. After combat, Special Spiral and the -1 cooldown from refined Peshkats lowers the cooldown by -3, and with the charge that Sothe already gets from the one hit in-combat, he will have a fully charged Blazing special.

Oh haha, all right makes sense. Thanks! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, TheSilentChloey said:

So I got Zeke -HP/+Atk, as is with no SI will he be any good?

He should be fine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How valuable is Nott as fodder? I got an extra while trying to spark for Palla, trying to decide if I should merge the new (neutral) one into my existing (+Atk/-Def) one for better AR scoring or use her for DC+Menace. DC is always useful, although I have some of it already on hand so it's not too critical. Could be fun for a future Arena unit, but at the same time, getting up to 7 extra points per Dark season could help with those tight Gold Throne requirements.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

DC and atk+spd menace are good imo but it depends if you have plans to use them too. As for me removing negative stat is also useful. I try to have my legendaries/mythics at least +1 just to remove their flaw stat.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Naoshi said:

DC and atk+spd menace are good imo but it depends if you have plans to use them too. As for me removing negative stat is also useful. I try to have my legendaries/mythics at least +1 just to remove their flaw stat.

I don't intentionally go for merges because I'd rather use just as many orbs to get a whole new unit, but they're certainly nice when they show up anyway.

Is there anyone who would be particularly well-suited to inheriting from her?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Othin said:

How valuable is Nott as fodder? I got an extra while trying to spark for Palla, trying to decide if I should merge the new (neutral) one into my existing (+Atk/-Def) one for better AR scoring or use her for DC+Menace. DC is always useful, although I have some of it already on hand so it's not too critical. Could be fun for a future Arena unit, but at the same time, getting up to 7 extra points per Dark season could help with those tight Gold Throne requirements.

I would keep two (or three) copies of her due to her versatility as a defense Mythic. Not only does she function as a front liner, but she also enables better coverage/overlap between her teammates. If you put two (or three) of her in a row in a cavline, all four (or three/four) cavalry allies will have the same area of coverage down the center of the map.

As for Skill Inheritance, a fast dual phase Galeforcer can make the best use out of that specific combination in my opinion. Fast dual phase Galeforcers want all stats to go up, and Atk/Spd Menace directly boosts Atk/Spd up, and increases Spd/Def/Res a bit by debuffing the closest enemy.

Personally, I would stick with keeping two or three copies. The fodder is nice, but I do not think the benefits of fodder outweigh the benefits of having a much stronger defense team. In my opinion, dual phase units have already sacrificed a lot of their combat performance to work on both phases, so I do not think it is a good idea to sacrifice more of their combat performance just so they can fight against enemies with a different Weapon range on enemy phase. While Atk/Spd Menace is nice, Galeforce fliers are better off with Atk/Spd Rein, you want Armored Stride on armors so they can move properly, and Rouse Atk/Spd have no enemy positioning requirements for infantry and cavalry Galeforcers. There is also the universal cheap option of Atk Smoke if budget is a concern. If you really want those debuffs, it is probably more efficient to rely on a dedicated Sabotager to debuff multiple enemies.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, XRay said:

I would keep two (or three) copies of her due to her versatility as a defense Mythic. Not only does she function as a front liner, but she also enables better coverage/overlap between her teammates. If you put two (or three) of her in a row in a cavline, all four (or three/four) cavalry allies will have the same area of coverage down the center of the map.

As for Skill Inheritance, a fast dual phase Galeforcer can make the best use out of that specific combination in my opinion. Fast dual phase Galeforcers want all stats to go up, and Atk/Spd Menace directly boosts Atk/Spd up, and increases Spd/Def/Res a bit by debuffing the closest enemy.

Personally, I would stick with keeping two or three copies. The fodder is nice, but I do not think the benefits of fodder outweigh the benefits of having a much stronger defense team. In my opinion, dual phase units have already sacrificed a lot of their combat performance to work on both phases, so I do not think it is a good idea to sacrifice more of their combat performance just so they can fight against enemies with a different Weapon range on enemy phase. While Atk/Spd Menace is nice, Galeforce fliers are better off with Atk/Spd Rein, you want Armored Stride on armors so they can move properly, and Rouse Atk/Spd have no enemy positioning requirements for infantry and cavalry Galeforcers. There is also the universal cheap option of Atk Smoke if budget is a concern. If you really want those debuffs, it is probably more efficient to rely on a dedicated Sabotager to debuff multiple enemies.

Hmm. I'm not currently built to run a cav line on Dark season, but I could look into them and see if I can build an effective one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How well does Shannan work with sprun?

While 42 base speed seems a bit low for these skills. But he does have solid defensive stats, and a very enemy phase focused weapon as well. Plus the extra special damage on spurn would go very nicely with his pref astra skill.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Faellin said:

How well does Shannan work with sprun?

While 42 base speed seems a bit low for these skills. But he does have solid defensive stats, and a very enemy phase focused weapon as well. Plus the extra special damage on spurn would go very nicely with his pref astra skill.

Building his Spd up helps to seriously make him hard to damage with a Dodge skill. Aside from support from units like Brave Lucina, Joint Drive Spd and a Spd-boosting SS's are how you break through base 42 + 5 Spd, assuming you give him Distant Counter. Otherwise while faster units certainly exist, Shannan is still a viable defensive unit.

Keep in mind that you do not NEED to be using Spurn. Any Dodge skill will work just fine. The extra 5 damage is honestly not noticeable on ANY unit running Spurn, and not even the primary reason to be using it in the first place.

Edited by Xenomata

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Faellin said:

How well does Shannan work with sprun?

While 42 base speed seems a bit low for these skills. But he does have solid defensive stats, and a very enemy phase focused weapon as well. Plus the extra special damage on spurn would go very nicely with his pref astra skill.

He is fine with Spurn.

If you are using a unit as a super tank, a unit's stat distribution is one of the least significant factors to consider, as a unit's final stat distribution during combat is heavily influenced by support units. Super tanks are one of the few cases where BST matters more than stat distribution in my opinion, since you cannot increase total stats past a certain point, but you can always adjust your stat distribution via different support units and Drive loadouts. As long as the unit is not some super duper slowpoke like Helbindi or Altina: Cross-Time Duo, a unit can be a super tank that uses Spurn. If even a slowpoke like Hawkeye can reach 60+ Spd to use Spurn, then so can Shannan.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey there, I have 2 questions concerning AR-D,

- What determines AI target selection when there are multiple enemy unties in range with 1 HP? I have a Selena (Sacred Stones) that killed a Reginn instead of a F!Edelgard, who was much closer in distance. Is it because the AI chose Reginn over F!Edelgard because of total damage dealt instead of shorter travel distance?

- How does the AI determine what dancer goes first if they can both dance the same target? I ran the 'test defenses' option multiple times and had Mirabillis dance before Lene by putting her on the the left most slot when forming the defense team. Yet when a real player attacked, Lene went first.

Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/15/2021 at 2:33 PM, Zhao_Yue said:

Hey there, I have 2 questions concerning AR-D,

- What determines AI target selection when there are multiple enemy unties in range with 1 HP? I have a Selena (Sacred Stones) that killed a Reginn instead of a F!Edelgard, who was much closer in distance. Is it because the AI chose Reginn over F!Edelgard because of total damage dealt instead of shorter travel distance?

- How does the AI determine what dancer goes first if they can both dance the same target? I ran the 'test defenses' option multiple times and had Mirabillis dance before Lene by putting her on the the left most slot when forming the defense team. Yet when a real player attacked, Lene went first.

Thanks!

You might find this useful: https://vervefeh.github.io/FEH-AI/textguide.html. I’ve found it to be accurate so far. I wouldn’t bother memorizing it, just pop it open when you need to know something…eventually you’ll probably end up memorizing some of the more commonly applicable rules (like the answer to your second question) anyway.

As for your specific questions:

  1. This decision would have fallen to the “damage ratio” tiebreak (see section VI.C). From the glossary, “damage ratio” is (((defender start HP) - (defender end HP)) * 3) - ((attacker start HP) - (attacker end HP)). So, your speculation is somewhat correct. It’s not quite “total damage dealt”, but a function of damage dealt and damage taken (which, in this particular case, is effectively damage dealt because she didn’t take any). Travel distance is not a consideration.
  2. This decision usually falls to the “distance from closest enemy” tiebreak, but in cases where those distances are equal, can fall to the “slot order” tiebreak (see section IV.M). I would guess that Lene had a longer path to the closest attacking unit to her. From the glossary, distance is calculated as the shortest path from point A to point B, includes the actual point B space, and factors in movement type/terrain.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have two Save units: Dedue (+HP/-Atk) and Henriette (+HP/-Res), and I'm trying to find a good way to use them in Aether Raids. I'm thinking of using the two of them on Light season, to help counter Nott, probably alongside my Flayn for support. Does that seem reasonably effective? In addition, what would be good options for their specials and seals, and Dedue's B slot?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Othin said:

Does that seem reasonably effective?

Yes, though Henriette is somewhat shaky against some of the stronger ranged units (and having weapon triangle disadvantage against Reinhardt, Ophelia, and vanilla Micaiah doesn't help).

 

6 hours ago, Othin said:

In addition, what would be good options for their specials and seals, and Dedue's B slot?

Dedue ideally wants to run Close Def 4 + Crafty Fighter 3 + Close Def 3. Even though his default Sturdy Stance 3 has the Guard effect, there's no Fighter skill with a Dull effect yet to copy the effect of Close Def 4. If the Close Def Sacred Seal is already taken for whatever reason, Def/Res Bond (or Atk/Def Bond if you're not expecting to see many dragons due to being Light season) is the best alternative because the unit being covered by the Savior effect counts as adjacent.

If you don't have the resources to rework his kit, Crafty Fighter and Slick Fighter both have a 25% HP activation condition, which is the best of the Riposte-type Fighter skills and are worth running just for that. Crafty Fighter's secondary effect unfortunately overlaps with his default Sturdy Stance, and Slick Fighter's secondary effect unfortunately overlaps with his default Steadfast Axe. Vengeful Fighter has only a 50% HP activation, but its secondary effect is not wasted. Quick Riposte is the cheapest, but obviously weakest, option. Wary Fighter is not really worth it due to the number of units that have a way to get around it these days.

Henriette only wants to switch out Slick Fighter for Crafty Fighter. If you don't have Crafty Fighter available, keeping her default Slick Fighter is still okay. Run Distant Def as her Sacred Seal or Def/Res Bond if Distant Def is not available.

For Specials, use whatever will be fully charged for their follow-ups (3 cooldown if not running any Special acceleration, 4 cooldown if running either a Slaying weapon or Vengeful Fighter, Aether if running both). It's up to you if you want to run an offensive Special (Bonfire, Iceberg, etc.) or a healing Special (Sol, Noontime if running a Slaying weapon).

Dedue might be able to get away with some shenaniganry involving Shield Pulse and Escutcheon or Pavise, but I can't speak to how effective that might actually be.

Edited by Ice Dragon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Othin said:

I have two Save units: Dedue (+HP/-Atk) and Henriette (+HP/-Res), and I'm trying to find a good way to use them in Aether Raids. I'm thinking of using the two of them on Light season, to help counter Nott, probably alongside my Flayn for support. Does that seem reasonably effective? In addition, what would be good options for their specials and seals, and Dedue's B slot?

For slow tanks, I think Guard is crucial since Special triggers can take out a huge chunk of HP, so make sure to have it somewhere on the tank or offload it to Tannenbaton. Outside of raw stat boosts, there are not really any good tanking skills in the Sacred Seal slot; the best ones in my opinion right now are Quick Riposte and Mystic Boost. Quick Riposte allows the tank to run a strong tanking B skill, while Mystic Boost can help reduce the need for Aether.

For Dedue, if you do not want to overhaul his skill set, then Vengeful Fighter would probably be best, and I would put Mystic Boost on his Sacred Seal slot. If you are willing to overhaul his skill set, I think Close Def-Crafty Fighter is a slight better load out due to a bit more stats. Close Def-Special Fighter-Quick Riposte is also an option for Guard and triggering Aether.

For Henriette: Overflowing Love, I think all she needs is Crafty Fighter. For her Sacred Seal slot, I would go with Distant Def for now and then switch to Def/Res Form later, since they give the most stats. Special Fighter-Quick Riposte is also an option if you need less defensive stats and more reliable Special triggers.

The most dangerous threats that I can think of right now would be Fatal Smoke and Blazing nukes. Líf: Undying Duo cutting Dodge and Alm: Saint King dealing true damage are not that big of threat in my opinion since Flayn can still significantly blunt their attacks. Flayn cannot provide protection against Blazing nukes and Fatal Smoke though, hence why I think those are a bit more threatening.

Edited by XRay

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...