"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

Hey guys. If I wanted to have W!Fae as a Near Save tank from the Hall of Forms, which skills would be best on her?
As of now, I have her with Water Breath, Blue Flame, Sturdy Stance 4, Slick Figher (the one with penalty nullification and QR, I always mix those names up) and D/R Near Save.
I don't know which combination of A, B and Breath Skill would be best for the job (and I'm not even sure I'll take her yet, I just want to make sure that if I decide to go for it, I have the best skills on her already).

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

38 minutes ago, Rinco said:

Hey guys. If I wanted to have W!Fae as a Near Save tank from the Hall of Forms, which skills would be best on her?
As of now, I have her with Water Breath, Blue Flame, Sturdy Stance 4, Slick Figher (the one with penalty nullification and QR, I always mix those names up) and D/R Near Save.
I don't know which combination of A, B and Breath Skill would be best for the job (and I'm not even sure I'll take her yet, I just want to make sure that if I decide to go for it, I have the best skills on her already).

Sturdy Stance 4 doesn't exist. Do you mean Steady Stance 4, or Sturdy Stance 3? Sturdy Stance 3 is probably the best A slot.

For an A slot, I think Pale Breath is best. Slick Fighter is good, it's the one I currently have on the Far Save Fae I'm planning on picking up, although I've seen recommendations of Dragon Wall if it's available. Dragon's Ire could also be a good alternative, although I'm not sure how it compares to Slick Fighter.

Gamepress's suggestions: https://gamepress.gg/feheroes/soul-scouting-june-2021

7 minutes ago, Othin said:

Sturdy Stance 4 doesn't exist. Do you mean Steady Stance 4, or Sturdy Stance 3? Sturdy Stance 3 is probably the best A slot.

Oh yeah, Sturdy Stance 3. Went with 4 while writing because of the yellow border for Tier 4 skills and just forgot that dual stances go up to 3.

On 6/27/2021 at 7:51 AM, Rinco said:

I recommend Dragon Wall since that gives her a lot more bulk compared to other options.

Pale Breath [Res]
(Any high SP Assist) -- Swap (give it to her after the event)
Blue Flame -- Aether (after the event)
Bracing Stance
Dragon Wall
DR Near Save
Quick Riposte

Alternatively, if you do not want to use Dragon Wall:

Pale Breath [Def/Res]
(Any high SP Assist) -- Swap
Blue Flame -- Aether -- Moonbow
Close Def ‐‐ (Any Bond or Unity that boosts Def/Res)
Special Fighter -- Crafty Fighter
DR Near Save
Quick Riposte -- Mystic Boost

Aether-Special Fighter-Quick Riposte has more consistent damage output, but is more vulnerable to getting knocked out of HP range. Moonbow-Crafty Fighter-Mystic Boost is less vulnerable to getting knocked out of HP range, but damage output can be iffy.

I would not bother with Slick Fighter since Pale Breath already covers nullifying debuffs.

Edited by XRay

22 minutes ago, TheSilentChloey said:

Best fodder use for Dussel?  I think my max investment Grima would like his a skill.

Unless you want to try out different strategies, dual phase armors do not seem to fit your usual play style in my opinion. If you like grouping up your units and rely heavily on enemy phase tactics, then you do not want to use Solos. If you got the resources and all the right skills though, then you might as well try out new tactics using Robin: Fell Reincarnation. However, keep in mind that he may get a Weapon Refinement soon, so be aware that anything you give him can potentially clash and not work with his Refinement, although Solos should be fine in my opinion since I highly doubt they are going to give him some type of Bond effect/requirement on Expiration.

Dual Phase:
+Atk
Expiration
Reposition
Moonbow — Aether (with Warding Breath)
(Any Solo or Ideal that boosts Atk/Res or Def/Res) — Warding Breath
Bold Fighter
Armored Stride
Quick Riposte
If you are running Moonbow, you want to bring a healer that can heal from a distance, such as a Physic staff unit or heron who can heal 2 spaces away, or ideally Eir who can heal from across the map.

For conventional enemy phase I would stick with something like the following:
+Res
Expiration
Swap
Moonbow — Aether (with Special Fighter and Quick Riposte)
Mirror Stance — Bracing Stance — Atk/Res Unity — Def/Res Unity
Slick Fighter — Crafty Fighter — Special Fighter (with Quick Riposte) — Dragon Wall (with any Stance and Quick Riposte)
(Any C) — Atk Smoke — Pulse Smoke
(Any Sacred Seal that boosts Atk/Res or Def/Res) — Quick Riposte — Mystic Boost
Just make sure you are pairing the right A skills with B skills, so do not run Unity with Slick Fighter (or Stances with Crafty Fighter/Special Fighter) since their effects clash and do not work well together.

2 hours ago, TheSilentChloey said:

Best fodder use for Dussel?  I think my max investment Grima would like his a skill.

Def/Res Solo is hard to find a use for. Bulky units without Distant/Close Counter on their weapon generally prefer Close/Distant Def due to the bonus nullification or a tier 4 Stance for the Guard effect.

Armors with Distant Counter weapons have trouble running Solos unless they're also running Armored Stride, and even then, it's still usually better to run Atk/Def or Atk/Res just to have more offensive presence.

I can see Zeke using it as a bulkier alternative to his default Atk/Def Catch, but that might be it.

Lull Atk/Def is quite a bit easier to find a use for. Pretty much every slow Brave physical unit (especially those running Heavy Blade) and every physical unit with a guaranteed follow-up on their weapon can make use of it (especially for Heavy Blade + Galeforce builds).

So I know that two Notts is better than one +1 Nott, but is there a similar logic to Dagr or should I merge her and fix a flaw (one is +Def -Spd and the one I just pulled is +Res -Def)? 

56 minutes ago, uhmuzing said:

So I know that two Notts is better than one +1 Nott, but is there a similar logic to Dagr or should I merge her and fix a flaw (one is +Def -Spd and the one I just pulled is +Res -Def)? 

Pathfinder is only really useful on defense, not offense. Personally I would most likely merge, although fodder is also an option. Offense merges are really nice though.

2 hours ago, uhmuzing said:

Dagr does have Even Tempest and currently is the only one who has it, so if you really want to that on someone, you might have another thing to consider.

8 hours ago, uhmuzing said:

I would just merge or fodder. I personally lean towards merging.

Pathfinder is much harder to utilize in player hands in my opinion, so I do not think it is necessary to run two of her. The best way I can think of to utilize her is to have her be a lead Galeforcer as a Wings of Mercy beacon. If she is towards the back with the Dancers/Singers, her Pathfinder does not really do anything. She sort of needs to be near enemies for her Pathfinder to be really meaningful.

1 hour ago, Othin said:

JFtDDxp.png

Picked up my Forma Fae and gave her a new weapon and assist. Any suggestions for her special and Trait, for Aether Raids?

I would go with Aether or Iceberg/Bonfire if you are using Lightning Breath, although you will also need Special Fighter or offload the effect to Velouria: Renewed Wolfpup.

Without Special Fighter, I would stick with Moonbow since that is the only Special she can trigger reliably and consistently.

For Trait, I would go with [+Def/Res, -Spd]. I lean towards +Def to balance her bulk, but if you ever plan to give her Dragon Wall, then I lean towards +Res.

2 hours ago, Othin said:

JFtDDxp.png

Picked up my Forma Fae and gave her a new weapon and assist. Any suggestions for her special and Trait, for Aether Raids?

I have mine with Pale Breath, Blue Flame, Sturdy Stance 3, Dragon Wall and D/R Near Save, but I'll wait for the next forma units to be revealed before picking her up. If I do use the Soul on her, I'll use her with Brunnya or Micaiah in AR-O.

46 minutes ago, XRay said:

I would just merge or fodder. I personally lean towards merging.

Pathfinder is much harder to utilize in player hands in my opinion, so I do not think it is necessary to run two of her. The best way I can think of to utilize her is to have her be a lead Galeforcer as a Wings of Mercy beacon. If she is towards the back with the Dancers/Singers, her Pathfinder does not really do anything. She sort of needs to be near enemies for her Pathfinder to be really meaningful.

I would go with Aether or Iceberg/Bonfire if you are using Lightning Breath, although you will also need Special Fighter or offload the effect to Velouria: Renewed Wolfpup.

Without Special Fighter, I would stick with Moonbow since that is the only Special she can trigger reliably and consistently.

For Trait, I would go with [+Def/Res, -Spd]. I lean towards +Def to balance her bulk, but if you ever plan to give her Dragon Wall, then I lean towards +Res.

I don't have Velouria or Dragon Wall fodder, I could do Special Fighter but it seems awkward when I already have a Guard effect from Bracing Stance. If I get Hilda, that could make another way to use higher cooldown specials, though.

Moonbow is one option, the other one I was thinking of is Noontime in case the healing is useful. Not sure how much it'll do, though. They're both cheap, so I could try both.

For Trait, that's the same thing I was thinking. Probably Def just because it's so much lower.

1 hour ago, Othin said:

I don't have Velouria or Dragon Wall fodder, I could do Special Fighter but it seems awkward when I already have a Guard effect from Bracing Stance. If I get Hilda, that could make another way to use higher cooldown specials, though.

Oh yeah, that is true. Special Fighter would indeed be awkward. I guess Moonbow/Noontime would do for now.

I'm kind of curious. Would it be possible to bring legendary Julia's speed stat up to a point of being able to consistantly double attack? Just got a +speed copy of her is why i'm wondering.

And with her being one of my favorite legendaries entirely I was wondering if a complete kit overhaul on her A and C skills would be able to do that.

39 minutes ago, Faellin said:

I'm kind of curious. Would it be possible to bring legendary Julia's speed stat up to a point of being able to consistantly double attack? Just got a +speed copy of her is why i'm wondering.

And with her being one of my favorite legendaries entirely I was wondering if a complete kit overhaul on her A and C skills would be able to do that.

Technically any build is possible for any character, and doing it in the right modes also helps. In this case, Spd stacking is a pretty simple process.
+Spd
Flora Guide [Spd] — Blárblade — Virtuous Naga
Reposition
Ruptured Sky
Atk/Spd Ideal — Brazen Atk/Spd
Light and Dark — Lull Spd/Res — Desperation
(Any C)
Atk/Spd Solo — Brazen Atk/Spd
If you just need straight up Spd, then go with Flora Guide. I would go with Blárblade if you want a general purpose nuke, as I think the massive increase in Atk outweighs the benefit of more Spd from Flora Guide in most cases. Personally, I would just stick with Virtuous Naga since I need more dragon counters in Arena Assault, and general purpose nukes are a dime a dozen and many of them can do that role better than Julia: Crusader of Light.

You can also further boost up her Spd using Legendary and Mythic Heroes in the right modes.

14 minutes ago, XRay said:

Technically any build is possible for any character, and doing it in the right modes also helps. In this case, Spd stacking is a pretty simple process.
+Spd
Flora Guide [Spd] — Blárblade — Virtuous Naga
Reposition
Ruptured Sky
Atk/Spd Ideal — Brazen Atk/Spd
Light and Dark — Lull Spd/Res — Desperation
(Any C)
Atk/Spd Solo — Brazen Atk/Spd
If you just need straight up Spd, then go with Flora Guide. I would go with Blárblade if you want a general purpose nuke, as I think the massive increase in Atk outweighs the benefit of more Spd from Flora Guide in most cases. Personally, I would just stick with Virtuous Naga since I need more dragon counters in Arena Assault, and general purpose nukes are a dime a dozen and many of them can do that role better than Julia: Crusader of Light.

You can also further boost up her Spd using Legendary and Mythic Heroes in the right modes.

She's legendary, so she can only get elemental boosts from mythics.

1 minute ago, Othin said:

She's legendary, so she can only get elemental boosts from mythics.

Oh yeah, that is true.

Another way to boost her Spd is to use Pair Up with a fast unit in the right mode.

5 hours ago, Faellin said:

Honestly, her most common build for pure damage output is also plenty good enough for Spd:

Legendary Julia [+Atk / +Spd]
Virtuous Naga
Reposition / whatever
Ruptured Sky / Moonbow / Aether / Glimmer / whatever
Life and Death 4
Light and Dark
Atk/Spd Oath 3 / Time's Pulse 3 / whatever
Life and Death 3

With the Spd Asset, this gives her 43 visible Spd without the bonus from Oath, and Light and Dark brings that up to 45 effective Spd. As long as your opponent isn't running a Lull, you can consistently get 51 effective Spd with a +6 field bonus since Light and Dark shuts down the opponent's bonuses. While it's not going to double the monsters with 50+ Spd, it's still plenty good and requires no change of skills if you get a +Atk copy later on and choose to switch bases. In the Arena, a lot of units have their Spd handicapped by running Distant Counter and B skills that don't boost Spd, which can make up for some of the 10-to-15-point deficit in her base Spd and weapon effect, and her ability to shut down field bonuses also prevents opponents from creeping their Spd with commonly seen dual Rallies.

If you don't mind losing 12 visible Atk to trigger the additional Atk boost from Virtuous Naga, you can run Atk/Spd Ideal 4 in the A slot and Atk/Spd Solo 3 in the Sacred Seal slot for 3 more Spd. This gives you an additional 3 Atk if you still pass the Atk check, but costs you 3 Atk if losing the visible Atk causes her to lose the Atk check. However, since her base Atk is already pretty high, it's still pretty viable to run a hybrid set with Atk/Spd Ideal 4 + Life and Death 3 or Life and Death 4 + Atk/Spd Solo 3, especially if you have merges and Dragonflowers on her. Again, these builds also don't need a change of skills if you choose to switch bases later.

2 hours ago, Sias said:

Quick question regarding Nagi: Would she prefer a +Atk or a +Def IV (assuming she keeps her innate Special Fighter)?

Thank you for any advice 🙂

I personally prefer +Def/Res over +Atk in most cases for slow enemy phase units, although there are some exceptions if the unit is extremely bulky due to specific mechanics.

+Def/Res is better if you plan to use the tank to fight more often against neutral or even disadvantage match ups since you need the bulk to survive the first and potentially second hit. +Atk is better if you can consistently have your tank face favorable match ups since the damage they receive is negligible so +Def/Res is not all that necessary.

For Nagi, if you ever plan to give her Dragon Wall, +Res would be best. Without it, I personally lean towards +Def to better balance her bulk. +Atk is not bad either, but it is not a super Asset like Def/Res, so I feel less inclined to use it.

Edited by XRay

3 hours ago, Sias said:

Quick question regarding Nagi: Would she prefer a +Atk or a +Def IV (assuming she keeps her innate Special Fighter)?

Thank you for any advice 🙂

If a slow armor is built for one-hit kills or player-phase combat, I'd go with +Atk in almost all cases.

For slow armors meant primarily for enemy-phase combat, I typically recommend running +Def or +Res if you aren't planning on getting them to high merges. (The only exception is if the unit has abnormally low Atk, like Draug, or if the unit has a low-Mt weapon, like an enemy-phase Brave weapon.)

If you're planning on heavily merging the unit, I'd lean more towards +Atk for most game modes. However, +Def or +Res is still typically better in Aether Raids due to the need to survive multiple rounds of combat.

Between +Def and +Res, on Nagi specifically, +Def is more useful if you're sticking with Special Fighter since it boosts her weaker Def stat (which helps a lot against the colorless units she specializes against), but +Res is more useful if you plan to switch to Dragon Wall.

Okay so I think I've narrowed down the tank I want to use for Limited Hero Battles from Marth's games.

So my question is what sort of build would be best for Sheena?  Since she's easily merged I figured she'd be the best one to go for.  I currently have a -HP/+Atk one if that helps and intend to work with her IVs as best I can.  I will be looking for a budget build as well, but will use premium skills if I can get them.

54 minutes ago, TheSilentChloey said:

So my question is what sort of build would be best for Sheena?  Since she's easily merged I figured she'd be the best one to go for.  I currently have a -HP/+Atk one if that helps and intend to work with her IVs as best I can.  I will be looking for a budget build as well, but will use premium skills if I can get them.

Standard general-use build:

Sheena [+Atk]
Crimson Axe [unique]
Reposition / Swap
Aether / Ignis / Ruptured Sky
Distant Counter
Vengeful Fighter 3 / Slick Fighter 3
Armor March 3 / whatever
whatever

If you don't have Distant Counter, anything that boosts Atk, Def, and/or Res on enemy phase is fine. Or her default Svalinn Shield if the map has armor-effective weapons you need her to tank.

If you don't have Vengeful Fighter or Slick Fighter, Quick Riposte is fine. If you're running Slick Fighter or Quick Riposte, use Ignis or Ruptured Sky for the special. With Vengeful Fighter, you can use any of the three.

Ignis hits the hardest of the three against non-beasts. Ruptured Sky hits the hardest against beasts, but deals less damage to anything else. Ruptured Sky with Vengeful Fighter has the specific advantage of still activating even if the opponent can slow Sheena's Special (and Moonbow can be used if you specifically need this property and don't have Ruptured Sky). Aether grants sustain if she needs to fight multiple rounds of combat.

The C slot is pretty open to run whatever. Armor March is obviously only useful if you have another armor on the team. If you need something cheap, Drives are always a decent choice.

The Sacred Seal slot is whatever you need for the particular map.