"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

1 hour ago, Baldrick said:

I went back to Micaiah's banner, and have managed to get her. -spd +def

My question is, I had 4 colourless orbs in the session, and she came out of the first one, should I open the other three to hope for a merge/better nature?

Pity rate is 9%, and of course I have already got Ashera and Edelgard so I don't care about getting them. 

I typically pull the other orbs of the colors I'm sniping because even if you don't get another 5-star, the pulls will still count towards the next pity rate boost. For example, in your case, if you pull the remaining 3 colorless orbs, your pity rate will reset to 8%, but it'll go up to 8.5% after only 2 more pulls instead of 5.

I will still ignore orbs of other colors unless the pity rate is unusually high (starting at 4.5% on a standard banner or 10% on a Legendary/Mythic Hero banner) or unless there is only one other orb remaining in the session.

49 minutes ago, Baldrick said:

I completed the circle, and I got another Micaiah! 🙂

But she was ALSO +def! 😞 

Still, I guess we have Trait Fruits for that purpose.

I hate it when that happens.

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Very tempted to pull for duo Leif. But considering there is alot on this next mythic banner i'm saving for. I'll probably just hold off for his duo special heroes rerun banner. Just want to know around what month can I expect them to show up on. Since I tend to just ignore these banners entirely and want to come prepared for this rerun in particular. And any general ideas of who he'll be color sharing on that banner while i'm at it?

And on a completely unrelated note. Now that time has settled. How good is Pelleas? Not compared to his competition since its very steep and fallen Morgan and Julia are kind of busted in said role. But i'm just talking in a vacuum on his own.

Edited by Faellin

1 hour ago, Faellin said:

And on a completely unrelated note. Now that time has settled. How good is Pelleas? Not compared to his competition since its very steep and fallen Morgan and Julia are kind of busted in said role. But i'm just talking in a vacuum on his own.

Instead of in a vacuum, I think it's still worth comparing him to the other F2P options, and he's got some pretty stiff competition against Erk, Tharja, and Morgan, who are the other notable F2P red tomes.

Pelleas has 40/36 offenses, compared to Erk's 35/39, trading 3 less Spd for 5 more Atk. It's your pick which one you think is better between the two of them.

Tharja has 33/38 offenses compared to Pelleas's effective 40/36 when running Raudhrblade+. Again, it's your pick which one you think is better between the two of them, as Pelleas has 2 less Spd, but 7 more Atk.

Morgan will barely win over Pelleas simply because his weapon supplies him with almost exactly the amount of debuffs he needs to beat Pelleas on top of not needing team support to supply buffs and debuffs. Pelleas has effectively 44/42 offenses with Raudhrfox+ [Spd]. In comparison, Morgan has 35/34 offenses, which are boosted to 39/38 if the opponent has a debuff of any sort on them. However, with the exact debuffs from his weapon, he'll have 44(+10)/43(+10) offenses (numbers in parentheses are from the visible buffs and visible debuffs), which edges out Pelleas by 1 Spd on top of the +10/10 from visible buffs and debuffs (which I've separated out because they can be replicated for Pelleas with the proper supports). But if you're up against an opponent with -7/7/0/7 debuffs, Morgan's offenses go up to 46/45 before counting visible buffs and debuffs (again separated out because Pelleas can duplicate those with team support).

So Morgan is generally better than Pelleas, mostly by virtue of being able to supply buffs and debuffs without the need for team support. Otherwise, if you have team support, they're pretty much even with each other with Morgan winning only by a little. However, Pelleas can easily take the lead when he has dancer support to hit opponents farther back because he wins by a fairly large margin if the opponent isn't debuffed.

Pelleas, Tharja, and Erk are all pretty comparable with each other, with Pelleas having more Atk, but Erk and Tharja having more Spd.

Edited by Ice Dragon

8 hours ago, Faellin said:

Most mages have access to Blade tomes, so they should not have any issue with Lunatic difficulty, even with little investment. Most should be able to handle Abyssal difficulty as well (as long as the boss does not have a kit that hard counters the nuke's color or Blade tome), but they may need heavy investment in merges and Flowers so they have enough Atk to kill things, and you may need Peony: Álfar Dream Duo or double Dorothea: Twilit Harmony for extra Dance/Sing on certain maps.

Edited by XRay

15 minutes ago, XRay said:

Most mages have access to Blade tomes, so they should not have any issue with Lunatic difficulty, even with little investment. Most should be able to handle Abyssal difficulty as well (as long as the boss does not have a kit that hard counters the nuke's color or Blade tome), but they may need heavy investment in merges and Flowers so they have enough Atk to kill things, and you may need Peony: Álfar Dream Duo or double Dorothea: Twilit Harmony for extra Dance/Sing on certain maps.

Part of the concern with Pelleas, of course, is that merging requires spending a lot of grails on a unit who (at present) has no real distinguishing characteristics. So I'd say it mostly comes down to if you like him as a character enough to go for that.

Alright, so new Julia. This banner didn't treat her kindly by giving her just some throw away generic tome like so many generic seasonal weapons tend to be, so what would you guys recommend replacing her tome with? I know that about the best thing you can get from the generic pool is a Blade tome, but may be you guys know of something else i don't. tbh, i don't even know if i'll pull her with my small amount of orbs, but i'm being positive right here. It can happen.

30 minutes ago, Sil/phire said:

Alright, so new Julia. This banner didn't treat her kindly by giving her just some throw away generic tome like so many generic seasonal weapons tend to be, so what would you guys recommend replacing her tome with? I know that about the best thing you can get from the generic pool is a Blade tome, but may be you guys know of something else i don't. tbh, i don't even know if i'll pull her with my small amount of orbs, but i'm being positive right here. It can happen.

If you want to keep Light and Dark, the only thing I can think of is maybe Peachy Parfait to shut down Dragon Wall, but that is assuming her Res is high enough.

Even then, I would just bring a Falchion user. Most dragons are not so difficult that you need a range unit to deal with them.

2 hours ago, Sil/phire said:

Do we have her stats yet? That could be relevant.

2 hours ago, Sil/phire said:

The standard not-Raudhrblade option is Raudhrfox for offensive builds.

52 minutes ago, Othin said:

Do we have her stats yet? That could be relevant.

The update isn't for another 2 hours or so, but we can guess that she'll probably have at least decent Spd (because of the weapon) and Res (because it's Julia).

Edited by Ice Dragon

Resplendant Sothe is very tempting to break my F2P status since I just +10'ed him last night. But a few quick questions before I actually pull the trigger.

1: At what timeframe is it best to actually get the pass to get maximum benefit of the month? As in 3 resplendants. I have no interest in Talitu, so will probably just take the gamble for the 2 after Sothe and prey one of them is Katarina

2: Is there tax on the pass, and on individual resplendant purchases? If i'm spending, might as well pick up a few extras while i'm at it for characters I have heavily invested in. Just don't want to run the risk of picking up a 20$ card for this, then end up a few cents short on all of this.

3: How many waves of actual item rewards can I squeeze out of a month of the pass, and how frequently do they come up?

Edited by Faellin

1: At what timeframe is it best to actually get the pass to get maximum benefit of the month? As in 3 resplendants. I have no interest in Talitu, so will probably just take the gamble for the 2 after Sothe and prey one of them is Katarina

I recommend giving yourself between one to two weeks before or after the Hero gets released. You ideally want to time it so you have as much time to complete the quests as possible, so the ideal time in my opinion is right smack in the middle between the Resplendent releases.. While I can usually finish all the quests in one day and I do not find it tedious, some players may find them tedious.

2: Is there tax on the pass, and on individual resplendant purchases? If i'm spending, might as well pick up a few extras while i'm at it for characters I have heavily invested in. Just don't want to run the risk of picking up a 20$ card for this, then end up a few cents short on all of this.

Taxes depend on your region. Different areas have different tax laws. Where I live, I do not notice any taxes on digital goods, or at the very least, Google did not charge me regardless of whether or not they were supposed to. Even when I bought a Google Play card physically at Walmart, I did not get charged on taxes on that purchase, so I assume digital goods are exempt in Sacramento.

3: How many waves of actual item rewards can I squeeze out of a month of the pass, and how frequently do they come up?

There are two main groups of item rewards. There are quest rewards, and they have the same schedule as the Hero releases. The second group are rewards for being continuously subscribed, and you only get them at the start of the subscription if you were continuously subscribed the previous month (there is a small grace period I believe, as my card did not work for a day or two between subscriptions once so it technically was not continuous, but I still got my rewards anyways).

Edited by XRay

Feh Pass lasts to exactly the same day of the month one month after you subscribe. If you buy Feh Pass on the 1st of the month, it'll last exactly until the 1st of the next month. You should always get 3 Resplendent outfits regardless of when you subscribe, but to make sure nothing wonky happens if the subscription expires right on the rewards reset, to give yourself enough time to clear the quests for rewards, and to give yourself enough time to unsubscribe before the subscription automatically renews itself, you should aim to buy Feh Pass near the middle of a reward cycle.

The reward cycles start on the 10th and 25th of each month, so you should aim for somewhere around the 15th-20th of the month or the 30th-5th of the month.

It depends on where you live. Here in Wisconsin, I'm hit with a tax of 7%.

2 hours ago, Faellin said:

Quest rewards reset at the same time as the Resplendent reward cycles, so you can get 3 sets of quest rewards from a single subscription. This is the main reason to subscribe in the middle of a reward cycle if you're staying for only a single month.

Login rewards reset when your subscription renews, and you will get the next set of login rewards after the daily reset after it renews, so you can only get them once per subscription regardless of when you subscribe.

How do people feel about +Atk versus +Spd on Galeforcers that rely on Heavy Blade these days? I am leaning towards recommending +Atk only and maybe mention +Spd in passing.

At least in Aether Raids, I feel like Spd for doubling is not as important since although Triandra does exist and she buffs Spd, we got Peony and Ullr to provide the Spd boost on Light and Dark, and Peony is free and has the potential to buff even more Spd if lined up properly; on Astra and Anima, Spd is less of an issue since we got Plumeria on offense and Líf kind of sucks on defense. Additionally, offense is more likely to run more Mythics than defene since defense is capped at two Mythics for scoring purposes while offense is capped at three. While defense can run three Mythics using the seventh slot, the seventh unit is more likely to be a non Mythic combat Hero; and on offense for the sixth slot, Galeforce teams are more than likely going to run multiple Mythic Dancers/Singers, so they can technically run four Mythics to boost Spd. And due to how bulky Heroes can get from having Mythic Heroes on the team, Galeforcers accidentally killing foes in one hit does not seem like it happens as often anymore, but being able to win the Atk comparison feels a lot more challenging.

In PvE, while Spd creep does exist, it is so slow that it is practically insignificant. If a player just wants to focus on and optimize for PvE and not care about PvP, +Atk is still the best way to go even for non Heavy Blade Galeforcers. And with the release of new skills, Sacred Seals, Flowers, and expanded Summoner Support, +Spd does not feel necessary at all in my opinion.

Edited by XRay

On 9/11/2021 at 8:02 PM, XRay said:

How do people feel about +Atk versus +Spd on Galeforcers that rely on Heavy Blade these days? I am leaning towards recommending +Atk only and maybe mention +Spd in passing.

At least in Aether Raids, I feel like Spd for doubling is not as important since although Triandra does exist and she buffs Spd, we got Peony and Ullr to provide the Spd boost on Light and Dark, and Peony is free and has the potential to buff even more Spd if lined up properly; on Astra and Anima, Spd is less of an issue since we got Plumeria on offense and Líf kind of sucks on defense. Additionally, offense is more likely to run more Mythics than defene since defense is capped at two Mythics for scoring purposes while offense is capped at three. While defense can run three Mythics using the seventh slot, the seventh unit is more likely to be a non Mythic combat Hero; and on offense for the sixth slot, Galeforce teams are more than likely going to run multiple Mythic Dancers/Singers, so they can technically run four Mythics to boost Spd. And due to how bulky Heroes can get from having Mythic Heroes on the team, Galeforcers accidentally killing foes in one hit does not seem like it happens as often anymore, but being able to win the Atk comparison feels a lot more challenging.

In PvE, while Spd creep does exist, it is so slow that it is practically insignificant. If a player just wants to focus on and optimize for PvE and not care about PvP, +Atk is still the best way to go even for non Heavy Blade Galeforcers. And with the release of new skills, Sacred Seals, Flowers, and expanded Summoner Support, +Spd does not feel necessary at all in my opinion.

My alt runs Cordelia with three Dancers(Ishtar, Eldigan, Lachesis). So far I haven’t had any problems running her with a SPD focus, but this may be because I hard focus on her so she gets galeforce every turn thanks to a Dancer making sure she gets another round of combat. Her refine gives her that stat boost, which generally gets her to that threshold where she kills things reliably. I don’t have Dive Bomb so I have to make do with Desperation, but it works since Darting Blow 4 usually ensures the follow-up and she gets four hits in the moment her HP drops out of the stat buff threshold. Don’t know if that helps you, or what to do with other team types, but that’s been my experience.

My turn for questions again, am I better to get Armored Stride or the Ideal off FEdelgard? Got her yesterday during my run for Selena/Duessel and she’s definitely getting sacked. I do have a Ladle Guard so this isn’t my only access to Stride, the Unit in question I’m thinking of giving Stride to is Kjelle since almost every other Armor I have has either March or one of the buff C Skills(Goad, Ward, Hone, Fortify).

13 minutes ago, SoulWeaver said:

My turn for questions again, am I better to get Armored Stride or the Ideal off FEdelgard?

Neither are particularly great.

Armored Stride is the better of the two, but it has the problem of being difficult to use on the first turn on most maps because the starting positions are usually all right next to each other. You ideally want to give Armored Stride to a unit that has a guaranteed follow-up on both phases and doesn't need support from allies to function.

Atk/Def Ideal has the glaring issue of granting a Def boost, but requiring the unit to be at full HP to function, making it only reliable on units that have a form of passive healing. Additionally, it gives no Spd boost, so it should go to a unit that has a guaranteed follow-up and doesn't need the Spd to double.

6 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Atk/Def Ideal has the glaring issue of granting a Def boost, but requiring the unit to be at full HP to function, making it only reliable on units that have a form of passive healing. Additionally, it gives no Spd boost, so it should go to a unit that has a guaranteed follow-up and doesn't need the Spd to double.

So would you say Bold Fighter Kjelle with say Sol could make use of it? So far she just has Bold Fighter equipped, since her A Slot is useless for 90% of the game.

58 minutes ago, SoulWeaver said:

So would you say Bold Fighter Kjelle with say Sol could make use of it? So far she just has Bold Fighter equipped, since her A Slot is useless for 90% of the game.

I don't think the couple points of Atk and Def from Atk/Def Ideal is really worth losing the damage from a Special like Bonfire or Luna. Aether is an option, but it would be better on a unit that can activate it more reliably.

9 hours ago, SoulWeaver said:

My alt runs Cordelia with three Dancers(Ishtar, Eldigan, Lachesis). So far I haven’t had any problems running her with a SPD focus, but this may be because I hard focus on her so she gets galeforce every turn thanks to a Dancer making sure she gets another round of combat. Her refine gives her that stat boost, which generally gets her to that threshold where she kills things reliably. I don’t have Dive Bomb so I have to make do with Desperation, but it works since Darting Blow 4 usually ensures the follow-up and she gets four hits in the moment her HP drops out of the stat buff threshold. Don’t know if that helps you, or what to do with other team types, but that’s been my experience.

For PvE with three Dancers/Singers, it is not necessary to run Heavy Blade/Flashing Blade since you can only trigger Galeforce once per turn, and you will get so many actions that Special charge+1 does not really do anything.

For Galeforcers running Heavy Blade, they will primarily be used in Aether Raids either in player phase or Galeforce teams, or in PvE for one turn clears. In those cases, you have a much stronger need to activate Galeforce immediately, and enemies in Aether Raids are also much stronger in terms of having coherent, asinine skill sets that makes it difficult to trigger Heavy Blade.

For Aether Raids, against fast opponents, a Galeforce team can just use Ullr/Dagr or Reginn to nuke them into oblivion, so I do not think they need to worry about contesting Spd as much as regular nukes that focus on raw damage.

9 hours ago, SoulWeaver said:

My turn for questions again, am I better to get Armored Stride or the Ideal off FEdelgard? Got her yesterday during my run for Selena/Duessel and she’s definitely getting sacked. I do have a Ladle Guard so this isn’t my only access to Stride, the Unit in question I’m thinking of giving Stride to is Kjelle since almost every other Armor I have has either March or one of the buff C Skills(Goad, Ward, Hone, Fortify).

I second Armored Stride. Having armors that are not a pain in the ass to use helps a lot in reducing frustration. Before Edelgard: Adrestian Emperor, the only armor unit I used with some frequency are just Firesweep armors running Armored Boots in Arena Assault.

Ideals need Rouse on infantry or Armored Stride on an armor to work well, as the HP condition is too harsh to work with. They are not a bad skill for dual phase units, but you will need a bit more investment to make it worth it. For Atk/Def Ideal, I think Kjelle is fine if you are running Bold Fighter-Quick Riposte on her and you are using her as a dual phase unit. However, you may also want to consider Steady Breath or Warding Breath so she can retaliate back with a Special on enemy phase.

I would build something like the following for dual phase (I am assuming she will not be fighting close to her allies due to Armored Stride):

+Atk
Guard Lance -- Courtly Candle -- Flowing Lance
Def Refine -- Res Refine
Reposition
Ruptured Sky -- Moonbow -- Bonfire -- Iceberg -- Galeforce
(Any Ideal or Solo that boosts Atk/Def, Atk/Res, or Def/Res) -- (Any Breath that boosts Def or Res) -- Distant Counter
Bold Fighter
Armored Stride
Quick Riposte

I do not recommend Distant Counter on A unless you are using her in an easy mode like Tempest Trials, where nukes are not likely going to kill her in one round of combat.

Edited by XRay

29 minutes ago, XRay said:

Ideals need Rouse on infantry or Armored Stride on an armor to work well, as the HP condition is too harsh to work with.

If you're going to ignore the HP condition, you may as well just run Atk/Def Solo 4, which grants the exact same stat boost, is easier to get your hands on, and can't get accidentally turned off by a Lull effect or Panic.

It's also worth noting that Atk/Spd Ideal is currently the best-in-slot skill for pretty much all infantry units that run a Sweep skill or have a Dive-Bomb effect because they have no problem dealing with the HP requirement.

@SoulWeaver

Edited by Ice Dragon

Just now, Ice Dragon said:

If you're going to ignore the HP condition, you may as well just run Atk/Def Solo 4, which grants the exact same stat boost, is easier to get your hands on, and can't get accidentally turned off by a Lull effect or Panic.

@SoulWeaver

For armors, it does not matter since they have access to Armored Stride, so that is a permanent buff as long as they do not stay near any allies. The unit will also get higher stat boost during the unit's first round of combat since you will be at full HP and got the movement buff.

3 minutes ago, XRay said:

For armors, it does not matter since they have access to Armored Stride, so that is a permanent buff as long as they do not stay near any allies. The unit will also get higher stat boost during the unit's first round of combat since you will be at full HP and got the movement buff.

"It does not matter" is a good enough reason to use the cheaper alternative and either save the Ideal fodder for a future unit that can make better use of it or use the fodder for the better Armored Stride.

I'm not sure what's going on but no matter what I do I can't merge any heros and I can't use the inherit skill option either and I'm not sure why. I know all the rules (have to have the same stars can't be favorited) what's going on? it doesn't matter what kind of hero try to merge a 3star with the same 3 star nope it won't even move charactcharacters up to the box to start the process. 

Screenshot_20210913-210135_Fire Emblem Heroes.jpg

30 minutes ago, JackIsPhobos said:

I'm not sure what's going on but no matter what I do I can't merge any heros and I can't use the inherit skill option either and I'm not sure why. I know all the rules (have to have the same stars can't be favorited) what's going on? it doesn't matter what kind of hero try to merge a 3star with the same 3 star nope it won't even move charactcharacters up to the box to start the process. 

Screenshot_20210913-210135_Fire Emblem Heroes.jpg

After selecting the character, you have to tap one of the empty boxes to add the character to that box.

Hi, I need some help with my new prototype for a F!Edelgard counter.

I am tring to use Petrine to do this (she's the only unit I have that has a weapon effective against beasts) and I want to know if someone recomends any IV for her (or better go with none), any skills, or special skills, or you know... just any tips for this. And I also want to know if she can easily kill a F!Edelgard without being merged or with just a few merges (just so I don't have to spend my heroic grails unnecessarilly) and without dragon flowers of with just a few (again, just so I don't have to spend my dragon flowers unnecessarily), or if having her merges + with dragon flowers + with ally support (and any other thing that can increase her power) is the only safe way to try.

Or is Petrine a bad idea to use against the Hegemon in general and I'll be screwed anyway no matter how I try with her and I'm losing my time with this? 

1 hour ago, ARMADS!!! said:

Hi, I need some help with my new prototype for a F!Edelgard counter.

I am tring to use Petrine to do this (she's the only unit I have that has a weapon effective against beasts) and I want to know if someone recomends any IV for her (or better go with none), any skills, or special skills, or you know... just any tips for this. And I also want to know if she can easily kill a F!Edelgard without being merged or with just a few merges (just so I don't have to spend my heroic grails unnecessarilly) and without dragon flowers of with just a few (again, just so I don't have to spend my dragon flowers unnecessarily), or if having her merges + with dragon flowers + with ally support (and any other thing that can increase her power) is the only safe way to try.

Or is Petrine a bad idea to use against the Hegemon in general and I'll be screwed anyway no matter how I try with her and I'm losing my time with this? 

All Petrine needs is Windsweep, and that is the best she can do. It can work, but it is going to take a long time.

If you want her to kill Edelgard: Hegemon Husk within two rounds of combat or at least in a reasonably quick time frame, you will need higher investment by getting Catria: Azure Wing Pair and/or Byleth: The Fódlan Star. At this point, you might as well just pick up a 5* tank buster in the first place that can actually do the job without further major investment and does not need much support to do the job.

Alm: Imperial Ascent is the best man for the job right now out of the box against all types of slow bulky tanks since he got Scendscale. Eliwood: Marquess Pharae is okay too, but he needs Windsweep and he is only effective against dragons and beasts. What sets these two apart from Petrine is that they have access to the Null Follow-Up-Sweep combo to double their damage output in a round of combat.

Basically, a modern tank buster have two key components:

1. Not Die
Desperation used to be sufficient, but nowadays, you will need some kind of Sweep.

2. Damage Output
This can be further divided into two subcomponents, damage per hit and hitting twice (or more) per round of combat.
2a. Damage Per Hit
There are two main ways to accomplish this right now: effective damage (Petrine, Eliwood: Marquess Pharae, etc.) and true damage (Alm: Imperial Ascent, Lyn: Lady of the Wind, etc.)
2b. Hitting Multiple Times
This is best accomplished with Null Follow-Up and/or Brave effect, but guaranteed follow-up can work too if the enemy does not have Wary Fighter. This was not really important back then as bulk was not that high. However, in this day and age with super high bulk and HP regeneration, you want to speed things by hitting at least twice per round.

Edited by XRay