"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

8 hours ago, Xenomata said:

So I had asked earlier about the two Grail Ninja girls, and now that I'm less confident in making a decision between the two than ever, I took a second look at available grail units that I could focus on instead. The list I made is below, from oldest to newest, and mostly keeping Arena Assault, Abyssal hero battles, and Resonant/Limited battlesĀ in mind, as my core AR teams are doing just fine for where I want to be. All unit comparisons are toward the units in my army, and not toward any units currently retired in my barracks.

The strongest options in this set are Arden, Ashnard, Innes, and the two ninjas:

• Arden is one of the better Near Save units. His only real weakness is dragons due to his awful Res. If you feel like his teammates can handle sniping dragons before they reach him, you can run the more easily accessible A/D Near Save (from Dedue) and just ignore his awful Res, but otherwise, he'll want to run one of the harder-to-get options with Res (from Gustav or Halloween Grima). Arden is also valuable for Rokkr Sieges due to his built-in Guard and guaranteed Galeforce and his ability to use Save to force the boss to attack into his Meister weapon on enemy phase. In Rokkr Sieges, he should keep his Follow-Up Ring, but for other game modes, he'll want either Vengeful Fighter or Slick Fighter (or Bold Fighter with a source of +1 Movement).
  • Ashnard is an incredibly bulky tank that flies and has Iote's Shield built into his weapon, opening up his A slot and Sacred Seal for Distant Counter and Quick Riposte. If you already have A/D Near Trace (I'm jealous because I only managed to get S/D Near Trace) and Atk/Def Rein from his Forma, then he'll be rather cheap to build since you basically have nearly everything he wants. With those skills, he has better mobility and slightly better bulk than his competitors, especially if you can grab Distant Stance or a future Distant Reversal.
  • Young Innes is one of the strongest offensive Grail units overall, and being a typical Atk/Spd ranged unit means he's also easy to build. He comes with Swift Sparrow 2, meaning if you don't mind losing a point of Atk compared to Atk/Spd Solo 4, you can easily grab Swift Sparrow 3 and another skill at the same time, like Lull Spd/Def from Reginn or Catherine, Panic Smoke from Reginn, Time's Pulse from Charlotte, or Atk/Spd Oath from Legendary Celica. Other than that, just give him Desperation and Moonbow and you're set. Glimmer is still useful for Resonant Battles, and Ruptured Sky is still the best 2-cooldown option if you have it. With Time's Pulse, you can also run Deadeye for Resonant Battles or Luna for performance (in Arena, Ruptured Sky is still better than Deadeye since he doesn't need Deadeye's Dodge negation).
  • The ninjas are the best Grail axe units currently available, but they require a fair bit of skill investment to really make the most of it. I think I already went over what they're good at in the previous response, so I won't repeat it here.

All of these options are pretty different in their roles, so which one is the best to start working on first depends on what role would benefit you the most. I personally lean towards Innes, but if you already have a lot of strong ranged attackers, it might be worth picking one of the others to fill in other roles.

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

14 hours ago, Xenomata said:
  • Xander: Solid physical defense, goodish Atk, follow-up denial on weapon, DC weapon opens up A slot. Mostly an AA unit as AHBs will be too powerful for him to last, especially with low Res. Harsh competion from other Red Fates units in Siegbert, Keaton, Soleil, Nyx, and Flora.
  • Camus: Good Atk/Spd/Def, DC weapon opens up A slot, healing on attacks provides sustain. Again, mostly AA for same reasons above. Not much competion as far as blue SD/NMotE units are concerned, his main competitors being Roderick, LegTiki, and Harmonized Halloween Tiki (and Duo Young Palla, though she feels more specialized)
  • Arden: High def, dual-phase Brave weapon with Atk/Def boosts and Guard, Prf B passive enables follow-ups on both phases (probably can be replaced with Vengeful or Slick Fighter for Save build), only issue is his Res. Competes with Sigurd, LegSigurd, and LegSeliph, but none of them operate the way Arden does at all.

I think Xander is a better counter unit for Arena Assault due to follow-up denial and he does not need high merges to work well, although I am a bit hesitant to spend Divine Dew on just a counter unit unless he is your favorite or something. If you are swimming in Divine Dew like I am, then I do not think it matters. For PvE content though, he is a bit iffy unless you can bring his Res up to par.

Camus feels more like a super tank. Super tank teamsĀ work extremely well in Arena Assault, however, they are expensive to build if you do not already have them built up for Aether Raids. If you already have a super tank team from Aether Raids, I do not really see much point in building CamusĀ unless you have spare super tank supports lying around, and that is also assuming you have no other super tank candidates who are better. I have three super tanks ready to go, but I only have enough supports for two teams (Flayn and Lucina: Brave Princess with Ike: Brave Mercenary on Team 7;Ā Nifl and Hilda: Deer's Two Piece with Myrrh: Spring Harmony on Team 6; I am waiting for a third support unit with damage reduction to support Eirika: Twin Refulgence). My super tank teams run three stacks of damage reduction since I want to be extra-super-duper sure that it would be a no-brainer-guaranteed win once I get to the later matches, but you can probably get by with two stacks of damage reduction to squeeze more superĀ tank teams out of your Barracks. He is okay for PvE content, but he really wants those merges and Flowers to do well.

Arden is much better than Camus, but Save tank teams are evenĀ more expensive to build since you need to build two Save tanks instead of one super tank. However, Save tank teams are even easier to use than super tank teams and they can be used anywhere, unlike super tanks who are extremely vulnerable to flanking reinforcements.Ā And as mentioned above, he is a top tier unit for RĆøkkr Sieges. The only performance issue I see is that Arden only have access to two stacks of damage reduction rather than three in Arena AssaultĀ since you cannot run double Flayns there, but as I have said earlier, you can most likely get away with just two stacks of damage reduction. Outside of PvP modes, Save tanks will pretty much curbstomp 99% of the content out there, andĀ Lyn: Ninja-Friend Duo (or any other strong nuke you have) with triple Dancers/SingersĀ will curb stomp the remaining 1%. I have not encountered a PvE map yet that can effectively resist both Save tank andĀ player phase teams.

Out of these three, I would say Arden is the best option if you got the resources to invest in him and his team. If you just want something cheap to work on, then I would go with Xander for Arena Assault.

• Panne: throwing her in since she's a personal favorite unit among Awakening units, and her Solo game isn't that bad (cav effectiveness is a nice bonus) Main competition would be Cordelia and maybe Sumia, with Nowi being far more defensive and LegLucina being ranged.

I use her for Resonant Battles if the AI has a lot of cavalry, and she moves pretty fast too. Yarne is even better if you have him since he is one of the few units who can actually Galeforce in that mode. I do not think Panne needs much investment at all in that mode outside of plain old Fury and other inexpensive skills, but if you are swimming in Orbs, then you can throw SD Near Trace on top for even more mobility. Outside of Resonant Battles though, I have not found her to be super useful.

• Ashnard: High amount of Atk/Def penalties (especially after A/D Near Trace and Atk/Def Rein are applied, both of which my Forma Ashnard has), good defensive stats, innate Iotes Shield. Main competition would be Winter Altena and Black Knight.

I am a bit iffy on Ashnard. He can win stat checks, but the only thing he has access to that matters would be Heavy Blade; you can use him for Galeforce, but there are better candidates for that role. As a dual phase unit, he lacks dual phase guaranteed follow-up. While he is pretty good for a flying tank, for tanks as a whole, there are just so many better infantry and armor options, i.e. all the Ikes and Black Knights. You even got Altina: Cross Time Duo who just works better as a nuke, asĀ dual phase unit (via Counter-Vantage), and as a tank.

• Young Innes: High Atk/Spd after weapon effect, strong Special Triggers. His only competition is regular Innes, and tbh I don't have as many strong Sacred Stones units as I do in other titles (limited to Duo Young Eirika, Brave Eirika, Spring Marisa, Spooky Myrrh, and occasionally Amelia)
  • Ninja Hana and Ninja Shamir are still on the table as well.

For general purpose, Innes: Frelian Moonlight is wayĀ better with his Weapon and the fact that he is ranged.

Hana: Focused NinjaĀ can be a decent GaleforcerĀ for her game, although Shamir: Lone Moon Ninja would have some pretty tough competition in that department with all the Edelgards. Shamir: Lone Moon Ninja with her Weapon can specialize as a tank buster though with Flashing Blade and Windsweep.

ā€”Ā ā€”Ā ā€”Ā ā€”Ā ā€”Ā ā€”Ā ā€”

I would prioritizeĀ merges and other resources towards Arden. If you got the Divine Dew to spare, I would merge up any free copies you have of XanderĀ and Panne since they do not need much to function in Arena Assault and Resonant Battles respectively, although I would not spend Grails on any further copies until your other priorities are fulfilled.

As for Innes: Frelian Moonlight, Hana: Focus Ninja, and Shamir: Lone Moon Ninja, I would either leave them at +0+0, merge and Flower them to exactly +2+3 (they get Atk/Spd+2 forĀ minimal cost and minor inconvenice from increased bulk), or merge and Flower them up to atĀ least +7+3. I do not think the bump in Atk/Spd in the mid merges is worth the cost and extra HP being carried around. Out of those three, I would prioritize Innes: Frelian Moonlight first, and either keep the others at +0+0 or take them to +2+3.

Edited by XRay

I'm 90% sure the answer is no, but does Lethality make W!Cecilia viable as a Far Savior? I'm still going to wait before committing to her either way (especially with the Winter banner almost upon us) but have been curious.

Also, are BK and/ or Arden good Near Save options for AR? Thanks in advance, all!

22 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

I'm 90% sure the answer is no, but does Lethality make W!Cecilia viable as a Far Savior? I'm still going to wait before committing to her either way (especially with the Winter banner almost upon us) but have been curious.

Save Tanks' viability is mostly based on their defensive ability, so Lethality doesn't really make much of a difference in terms of unit viability.

It does give you a decent shot of one-round killing enemies that don't have Null Follow-Up if you're running Vengeful Fighter, but you'd want to be running a tier-4 Stance in her A slot to make up for losing Crafty Fighter's Guard effect, which causes you to lose a different defensive effect (bonus nullification from Distant Def 4 or penalty nullification from Slick Fighter).

Ā 

27 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

Also, are BK and/ or Arden good Near Save options for AR? Thanks in advance, all!

Both of them have low Res, so you'll probably want to avoid Astra/Anima season due to Seiros. Both of them also have issues with Brave Eirika as even if you give them Svalinn Shield, they still have weapon triangle disadvantage, unlike Gustav and Dedue.

If you aren't expecting to need to deal with Brave Eirika, Arden should be fine on Light/Dark season, but that's a huge "if" you're dealing with since Brave Eirika is pretty common. Black Knight I'm less confident about due to his generally lower defenses, which aren't really made up for by his Spd.

3 hours ago, FlyingKitsune said:

Does Ally Support work in Summoner Duels? Thanks in advance!

Ally Support should workĀ everywhere.

Something i've been wondering for a long time now.

Are there any easily mergeable axe or lance infantry capable of running a spurn tanking build? Most axe infantry we've been getting lately have just had bad to middling speed, nothing really capable of using those skills. And lance infantry are more or less the same. Just we've gotten far fewer of them in general as well

57 minutes ago, Faellin said:

Something i've been wondering for a long time now.

Are there any easily mergeable axe or lance infantry capable of running a spurn tanking build? Most axe infantry we've been getting lately have just had bad to middling speed, nothing really capable of using those skills. And lance infantry are more or less the same. Just we've gotten far fewer of them in general as well

If you aren't adverse to using Grails, Summer Norne, Ninja Hana, and Ninja Shamir are easily the best free-to-play units for Dodge builds. Yen'fay will also be up there once he's released.

The standard summoning pool kind of really sucks when it comes to fast infantry. There are also a few 4-star characters in Special Heroes banners, like the 4-star ninjas, but those aren't exactly mergeable unless the banner is actually up.

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Nagraal said:

Little question for the latest mode being added, the map has been updated today but not the rewards.

Is there any reasons to this or have I missed something?

Thanks!

That is intentional. IIRC they said they would add more rewards as time goes on. If you think about it the rewards are a probably too good for such a short refresh period, and also you aren't pressured to get 1000 points immediately.

19 hours ago, LoneStar said:

That is intentional. IIRC they said they would add more rewards as time goes on. If you think about it the rewards are a probably too good for such a short refresh period, and also you aren't pressured to get 1000 points immediately.

Thanks for your quick answer ; indeed, I was also thinking that the rewards were too good for such a short period but as it's really easy to get to 1000 points..Ā 

Well guess I'll wait!

I recently pulled a second Fedelgard. My primary is +Res -Spd, this one is +HP -Def. Should i merge, use for fodder, or just keep her? My thoughts rn are to keep her as a second one will allow me to tackle hard PVE content easier such as legendary/mythic battles. I don't know if her fodder is that good. but iĀ  also don't know if a +1 merge is worth getting rid of the second one.

Ā 

Like wise, i have twin Winter Mirabilis. Is there any point in merging? they don't have particularly good IVs, +Hp for one and +Def for the other.

Ā 

Ā 

1 hour ago, GuiltyLove said:

I was HM grinding Spring Myrrh and got her to 7k. Would it be worth giving her B skill to the original Myrrh? I have mine at +10

For Myrrh, since she is a flier, she can either go Dragon's Ire-Iote's Shield to get rid of flier weakness, or Dragon Wall-Quick Riposte and use damage reduction to offset a bit of that flier weakness.

IĀ lean towards Dragon Wall-Quick Riposte, since Dragon Wall works against everything. While Iote's Shield completely nullifies flier weakness, it is only relevant if the opponent is an archer. If my goal is to give her Dragon Wall, then I would not bother with Dragon's Ire.

If you really like Myrrh and you do not mind the cost, you can definitely give her both set ups for more flexibility. Personally, I would keep Myrrh: Spring Harmony since she is really good too.

33 minutes ago, Sil/phire said:

I recently pulled a second Fedelgard. My primary is +Res -Spd, this one is +HP -Def. Should i merge, use for fodder, or just keep her? My thoughts rn are to keep her as a second one will allow me to tackle hard PVE content easier such as legendary/mythic battles. I don't know if her fodder is that good. but iĀ  also don't know if a +1 merge is worth getting rid of the second one.

Like wise, i have twin Winter Mirabilis. Is there any point in merging? they don't have particularly good IVs, +Hp for one and +Def for the other.

I would keep both copies of Edelgard: Hegemon Husk. While you can certainly fodder the new one for Armored Stride, I am not sure duel phase armors with decent mobility is really all that great compared to Save tanks, and Armored Stride is still a bit clunky to trigger in my opinion too.

I would keep two copies ofĀ Mirabilis: Sugarplum Vision, one for each Mythic season but for use in Arena Assault for scoring. I would not bother merging her unless you want to run Sabotages and Ploys for a debuffing team, but even then, I think Wings of Mercy and Hones/Fortifies/Tactics would still be a bit better and generally more relevant to more types of teams.

Edited by XRay

33 minutes ago, GuiltyLove said:

I was HM grinding Spring Myrrh and got her to 7k. Would it be worth giving her B skill to the original Myrrh? I have mine at +10

Dragon's Ire is the best-in-slot skill for most enemy-phase dragons (unless you're running a Dragon Wall build), but its advantages over Quick Riposte are not particularly significant. I don't consider it to be worth using for inheritance unless you have a strong desire to min-max another unit.

Ā 

3 minutes ago, Sil/phire said:

Edelgard's skills are not particularly valuable. Atk/Def Ideal is extremely niche due to the fact that almost all units that can consistently maintain its HP condition would prefer to have Spd instead of Def, so there really aren't any other takers for the skill. Armored Stride is less niche, but also isn't in high demand, as most maps force your team to start adjacent to each other, making Armor March more consistent.

I personally don't find much of a use to field two copies of Edelgard at a time, as one is usually more than sufficient, so the only reason I can see to keep both copies separate is to have them blessed separately for each Aether Raids season. If you don't need that, then just merge them.

Ā 

3 minutes ago, Sil/phire said:

Mirabilis is largely a support unit, so merging isn't really necessary if you don't need her for scoring purposes.

Spd Cantrip is potentially worth using for skill inheritance, but most dancers still prefer Wings of Mercy or another teleportation skill. Ground Orders is good, but isn't really a high priority skill for most units.

Also, +Def is fine for Mirabilis. She's a slow and bulky non-combat unit to begin with, so there isn't a significant advantage to getting any particular Asset for general use.

Thanks guys!

I'll be honest, i never played the highest-difficulty Rival Domain maps (the one that gives you Dew) but i have too many heroes waiting for me to get their refines, Walhart, Gunnthra, Sothe, Isthar....i only have 65 dew lol. Any tips for taking on this maps or other ways to make Dew i may be missing? I'm really bad at playing most of the game modes in the game, Arena assault included.

Edited by Sil/phire

7 hours ago, Sil/phire said:

Thanks guys!

I'll be honest, i never played the highest-difficulty Rival Domain maps (the one that gives you Dew) but i have too many heroes waiting for me to get their refines, Walhart, Gunnthra, Sothe, Isthar....i only have 65 dew lol. Any tips for taking on this maps or other ways to make Dew i may be missing? I'm really bad at playing most of the game modes in the game, Arena assault included.

Rival Domains is pretty easy. The easiest way is to just use a bunch of maxed out enemy phase tanks and dual phase units from your friends list and march them towards the enemy Fortress and Camps.

8 hours ago, Sil/phire said:

Thanks guys!

Make teams with your 20 best tanks of each movement type and send in whichever one fits the season. Back when I did all the Rival Domain difficulties, I usually managed even Infernal on auto-battle. If auto-battle isn't enough, focus on moving aggressively to capture and hold camps as fast as possible.

On 12/25/2021 at 7:40 AM, Sil/phire said:

Thanks guys!

Ā Yeah its pretty easy, do what XRay and Othin said. And if you dont have too many good units, you can borrow from your friend list. Also, never forget to do the final blow in the final castle with the type of unit required to get the bonus, and if you happen to be winning toĀ fast then avoid giving the last blow on the enemy's castle for some rounds so you can manage to kill 20 foes for the bonus points.Ā 

Ā I also nneverĀ play arena assault but if you're that desperate to get refine stones then try to play at least once a season, even if you dont manage to beat the 7 maps you might be between the top 300.000 players and get 10 refine stones a week.

Ā And play normal arena, always,Ā you just have to win 5 maps in a row, its not as hard as it looks. this will give you 10 extra refine stones a week. I used to stop after the 4th rewarrd (the orb) but oh boy... never do that, its a big mistake, because after some time you can get a big amount of refineĀ stones like this.

Ā when you manage to get a ton of refine stones, go refine the worst weapons available (even if you dont use them), you know, the ones that cost refine stones not divine dew, because refining them will give you divine dewĀ (you get exactly the same amount of divine dew as the amount of refine stones you spent). you probably know thisalready,Ā but worth noting anyway

Ā Also I think that you can get refine stones as quest rewards too? And also in the summoner duels you can get a crapton of divine dew if you didnt already get that reward.

Ā Good luck

Hi, double posting because I was answering someone, now I'm doing a question so I thought it would be better organized like this.

Ā 

Ā So in this HoF I'm going to pick P!Flora as the forma unit (yeah, I'm gonna use the free forma soul on her, now seem like a great time to do this) and I was thinking what would be the better weapon to give her. I mean, no matter what I choose she will still have her OG weapon and skills right?(just to confirm, before I do anything stupid)

I was thinking between: Cloud Maiougi+/Dragonslasher+ (they're basically the same thing...),Ā Splashy bucket+, Kitty paddle+, and maybe CourtlyMask+. I think that Kitty paddle's low might is pretty bad but having a mage slayer weapon is awesome in an unit that is already so suitable to kill mages, do you think that the low might does not compensate the eff against mages? and what about the others that I said(the dragon slayer weapons), would they be better than a mage slaying weapon, cuz I'm thinking about giving her Ruptured Sky (since her OG weapon is already a Beast slayer)?

Ā Also, If I manage to get her Close Counter, is it better to give her Near Save or Far Save?

Ā 

Ā 

Ā I dont want to get notifications of all of the postsĀ in this thread because its too much, so if you're gonna answer me please quote my post or tag/mention me. Tnx šŸ™‚

3 hours ago, ARMADS!!! said:

So in this HoF I'm going to pick P!Flora as the forma unit (yeah, I'm gonna use the free forma soul on her, now seem like a great time to do this) and I was thinking what would be the better weapon to give her. I mean, no matter what I choose she will still have her OG weapon and skills right?(just to confirm, before I do anything stupid)

I was thinking between: Cloud Maiougi+/Dragonslasher+ (they're basically the same thing...),Ā Splashy bucket+, Kitty paddle+, and maybe CourtlyMask+. I think that Kitty paddle's low might is pretty bad but having a mage slayer weapon is awesome in an unit that is already so suitable to kill mages, do you think that the low might does not compensate the eff against mages? and what about the others that I said(the dragon slayer weapons), would they be better than a mage slaying weapon, cuz I'm thinking about giving her Ruptured Sky (since her OG weapon is already a Beast slayer)?

Ā Also, If I manage to get her Close Counter, is it better to give her Near Save or Far Save?

Yes Flora will still have her default weapon and skills learned when she is obtained as a Forma unit, but unless you've already got a full set of ideal passives/assist/special skills on her I wouldn't worry too hard about her weapon. She'll much prefer the debuff to enemy Atk/Res more anyway.

If you wanted to get a dragon-effective weapon, I would get Splashy Bucket over Maiougi/slasher, because the disabling of adaptive damage is overall much more useful than Hardy Bearing, which very few dragons would be able to take advantage of skills like Desperation or Vantage anyway.
Courtly Mask is actually a very good alternative to consider. The pseudo Guard Bearing effect can lower a lot of incoming damage.
I don't personally consider the loss in power worth it to consider Kitty Paddle. Though it may theoretically make Flora a great counter to incoming mages, her performance against all other units will falter without any other effects to lean on (and just overall worse damage)

Personally I do not think Close Counter and Near Save work together that well. What can make a Near Save or Far Save unit threatening is the sheer amount of stats they get when being attacked at the intended range, and some of that comes from their A passive (Close or Distant Counter 4, Stance 3 skills, Bond and Unity skills, among others).
So to answer the question, I would prefer Far Save on Flora plus an accompanying A passive, Mirror Stance 3 being a good pick.

On 12/27/2021 at 10:28 AM, ARMADS!!! said:

Hi, double posting because I was answering someone, now I'm doing a question so I thought it would be better organized like this.

Ā 

Ā So in this HoF I'm going to pick P!Flora as the forma unit (yeah, I'm gonna use the free forma soul on her, now seem like a great time to do this) and I was thinking what would be the better weapon to give her. I mean, no matter what I choose she will still have her OG weapon and skills right?(just to confirm, before I do anything stupid)

Ā 

Ā 

Ā I dont want to get notifications of all of the postsĀ in this thread because its too much, so if you're gonna answer me please quote my post or tag/mention me. Tnx šŸ™‚

I recommend the following build:

Courtly Mask (any other defensive Weapon works too, but Courtly Mask is the best one off the top of my head in my opinion)
Swap (this is for after the event,Ā make sure you pick something like Rally Up Atk or something and NOT Swap)
Ruptured Sky
(Any Stance, Bond, or Unity that boosts Atk/Def, Atk/Res, or Def/Res; I personally recommend Def/Res) -- Distant Def
Crafty Fighter -- Slick Fighter -- Special Fighter
AD Far Save -- AR Far Save -- DR Far Save
(Any Sacred Seal that boosts Atk/Def, Atk/Res, or Def/Res) -- Quick Riposte -- Mystic Boost

I do not recommend dragon effective Weapons if you plan to use Far Save since dragons are strictly melee. I do not recommend Close Counter either, since she needs the stats and defensive effects to be a competent tank.

Edited by XRay

On 12/25/2021 at 1:40 AM, Sil/phire said:

Thanks guys!

Every Refining Stone you use will reward you with an equal number of Divine Dew, so each time you refine an inheritable weapon, you will get 50 Divine Dew back.

Normally, when I'm looking for more Divine Dew, I go through all of my staff units and refine as many of their weapons as I can since Dazzing Staff and Wrathful Staff are both useful refines.

Ā 

7 hours ago, ARMADS!!! said:

Ā 

Courtly Mask is the best option for a Save tank.

The other options are stronger for their specific uses. You can still use them on a Save tank, but they aren't good defensively, so they won't be well suited for competitive game modes. On the other hand, they are a bit more versatile in PvE game modes.

Kitty Paddle is fine if you specifically want to have her target tome units (but it's obviously worse against everything else). She has 46 Atk with the weapon equipped at +0+0 with no passive skills, which results in 69 effective Atk against tome units, which is higher than you'd get with any other weapon.

Ā 

I don't think Near Save is worth it, even with Close Counter. If you get her Close Counter (Close Reversal, ideally), I think you should still go for Far Save and just use the two skills for separate builds.

F2P players who are able to reach T21: what bonus units do you use? My Arena Core has 3 (effectively) 180 BST Heroes, but the best I've ever been able to do is stay in T20 once. Otherwise I'm in T19.5 (sometimes I drop to T18 when I face a bunch of meta teams in a row, but that's another issue entirely). My core right now is:

OG!Eirika
Sieglinde +Eff
Rally Def/Res+
Aether
R Duel Infantry 4
Swordbreaker 3
Joint Hone Spd
Chill Def 3

Brave Eirika
[Base Kit] &
Rally Atk/Spd+
Ruptured Sky