"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

8 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

@MidnightFE Building off of that, if you replace Fury with Life and Death, you'll gain enough speed to now double neutral Hana, Linde, Lucina, Nino, Lyn, and Setsuna (and other Navarres), as well as +Spd Marth, all of which you wouldn't have been able to double with Fury. Desperation builds in general tend to be more glass cannon oriented, and Life and Death complements that better than Fury does. And even if you can only get up to Life and Death 2 and not 3 because you don't have a spare 5* Hana or Minerva lying around, LD 2 is still sufficient to have you doubling neutral Hana, Linde, Lucina, and Nino when Fury 3 wouldn't suffice. 

Are you saying keep Desperation but swap out Fury for LD?

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, MidnightFE said:

Yes. Even Life and Death 2 would be better than Fury 3 for this particular Navarre build imo. 

3 minutes ago, MidnightFE said:

Yeah 

It'll leave you a little weak but you'll be able to smack up a lot of things with +5 speed

Edit: jinx

Edited by Arcanite

37 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

Yes. Even Life and Death 2 would be better than Fury 3 for this particular Navarre build imo. 

36 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Yeah 

It'll leave you a little weak but you'll be able to smack up a lot of things with +5 speed

Edit: jinx

Thank you both! I'll try this out

My arena team is Nino, Tharja, Effie, and Hector.

My Effie has Smite and no C-skill yet, and I was wondering which skill would fit best for this defensive arena team. I could go with Swap for more positioning, but I already have Pivot on Hector and I don't know how the AI would use both of these skills in unison. Rally Attack is also an option.

As for C, I can get Ward Armor to make Hector tankier, or I could get Fortify Res to help slightly against magic. Fortify Res can help both -blade mages too.

I don't know which combination of skills would be best. Any thoughts or opinions?

1 hour ago, Tragonight said:

My arena team is Nino, Tharja, Effie, and Hector.

My Effie has Smite and no C-skill yet, and I was wondering which skill would fit best for this defensive arena team. I could go with Swap for more positioning, but I already have Pivot on Hector and I don't know how the AI would use both of these skills in unison. Rally Attack is also an option.

As for C, I can get Ward Armor to make Hector tankier, or I could get Fortify Res to help slightly against magic. Fortify Res can help both -blade mages too.

I don't know which combination of skills would be best. Any thoughts or opinions?

Running both Hector and Effie on a defensive team seems like a bad idea to me. Their move speed makes it very easy to exploit. 

Do do you actually get successful defenses with that team? I do think pivot is better than smite because I've seen Effie bug out in a weird loop smiting allies into weird positions over and over. I also remove draw back from Nino for the same reason

56 minutes ago, Gengar said:

Running both Hector and Effie on a defensive team seems like a bad idea to me. Their move speed makes it very easy to exploit. 

Do do you actually get successful defenses with that team? I do think pivot is better than smite because I've seen Effie bug out in a weird loop smiting allies into weird positions over and over. I also remove draw back from Nino for the same reason

Yeah, I've had some success with it. My Nino has Wings of Mercy to back up the tanks.

Effie is also my best blue five star unit, other than her I only have Abel and Catria. 

19 minutes ago, Trashbird said:

Is Takumi good for countering other colorless units? I'm not sure what boon/bane mine is.

In my opinion, Takumi's better on a defense team than an offense one. 2 Range, high offenses, decent defenses and close counter means that it takes minimal investment for him to be a pain for offense teams. He does decently versus all units due to his stat spread, but he isn't a hard 'counter,' per se. He wins most 1v1s, but he doesn't win 1v4s like dedicated sweepers.

For offense Klein tends to do better due to Brave Bow+. (That said, you can always hand a Brave Bow+ to Takumi and have him pretend to be Klein, not much point, though, unless you have multiple Takumi---one for offense, one for defense.)

Looks like Roy is here to stay in the long run for me. Gacha refuses to give me a better sword unit. So I'm thinking about possibly decking him with some skills. The problem with Roy is that all his stats are average. Meaning nothing about him stands out. Any ideas for improving a -hp +def Roy?

5 minutes ago, Kiran said:

Looks like Roy is here to stay in the long run for me. Gacha refuses to give me a better sword unit. So I'm thinking about possibly decking him with some skills. The problem with Roy is that all his stats are average. Meaning nothing about him stands out. Any ideas for improving a -hp +def Roy?

Feed him to Y_Tiki? (I'm not even joking, that's the first thing that comes to mind if you ask me how to use him.)

His default skillset pretty much defines his niche, and his stat-spread---excellent mixed bulk, barely passable offenses---means that he's pretty much stuck in the niche as well. Good bulk & TA means he hard-counters greens. Sadly, his offenses just aren't good enough for anything else, Swordbreaker & Moonbow will let him 1v1 most swords (but the bulkier ones like Hinata and Draug need to be counter-killed, and Eldigan stomps Roy no matter what you do).

High res is just a terrible stat to have in general. The RD_Ike/Xander solution to mages is generally preferred for physical units---mages can't hurt you if you 1 shot their asses. (PoR Ike is a freak of nature with 40%Def/40%Res, and we won't be talking about him.)

I have enough feathers to promote two units to five star, but I can't really decide who to promote. Any suggestions? I can post pictures of my characters if it would help since listing them might take a while.

3 hours ago, Arthur97 said:

I have enough feathers to promote two units to five star, but I can't really decide who to promote. Any suggestions? I can post pictures of my characters if it would help since listing them might take a while.

Yes, pictures.  Otherwise, I will recommend Virion, since I have no idea who is on your roster. :P:

18 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

Got it:

Doesn't really look like you need anything. If your tharja isn't -atk or -spd, promote her because you're missing a red tome user.

But in my opinion, you should promote adult tiki and give her lightning breath to young tiki because she has the defenses for it. I don't think Tharja is a necessary promotion.

1 hour ago, Arthur97 said:

Got it:

Tharja, Nowi and Nino are some of the best units out there. Do they have good boons/banes? If you want to build your team around them with buffs, Tharja and Nino are extremely good. I personally run a team with both, complemented by Eirika (Hone ATK on weapon and Hone SPD on C-skill) and Nowi (Threaten Res) and it's been my best team so far, with no deaths in the Arena in over dozens of matches.

Edited by Birdy

5 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

I was seriously considering Nino, but I won't be promoting Tharja. I'm only keeping her around because I collect. But, uh, what is a good boon for Nino?

Her Atk will already be through the roof due to all the buffs feeding her Gronnblade and she's already quite fast (IIRC), so maybe some +Def?

8 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

I was seriously considering Nino, but I won't be promoting Tharja. I'm only keeping her around because I collect. But, uh, what is a good boon for Nino?

+def on Nino is not particularly too amazing, sorry vax :P

Good boons are attack and speed

Resistance is okay if you have -def

-hp isn't bad as long as it isn't +def

4 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

+def on Nino is not particularly too amazing, sorry vax :P
Good boons are attack and speed
Resistance is okay if you have -def
-hp isn't bad as long as it isn't +def

Which is why I'm not part of any tactician congregations anyway. Because I'm a master tactician!

13 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

+Spd! You want that extra speed to double more units! Nino shouldn't be taking hits from most people anyways. 

9 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

She is +atk/-hp. Also, is there a team building thread now that I have more than 4 five stars?

+Attack -Hp is great! It's not the best but it's still nice

You can ask for team building here lol

What're you looking for?

4 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

+Attack -Hp is great! It's not the best but it's still nice

You can ask for team building here lol

What're you looking for?

@Arthur97 +Atk/-Hp is actually nearly optimal. (+Atk/-Res is optimal, -Hp/-Def causes Nino to get 1 shot in some match-ups), +Spd variants actually lose 1RKOs compared to +Atk until you get hone attack 3 on Nino, by which point they 1RKO an equal number. However, with Hone Attack 2 (Erika/Ephraim weapons) and Hone Speed 3, +Atk once more pushes ahead. (Not that it matters, even +Spd 1RKOs about 97 characters at that point).

Mind, I did these numbers based on a L&D 3 Nino, so it might be different before L&D.

Well, an optimal defense team would be nice. Offense is more flexible, but I'm open to suggestions on both.

Here are my 5 stars -Spring Camilla, Xander, and the probably soon to be promoted Nino:

Spoiler

Lucina has Defiant atk 3 and Ardent Sacrifice, but I haven't been able to buy them yet.

Edited by Arthur97