"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

7 minutes ago, ILikeKirbys said:

Speaking of dancers, if I put 3 dancers on a team with a non-dancer unit, could the non-dancer unit get 4 actions in a turn? I mean, with, say, Roy, would it go:
Roy takes first action > get danced by first dancer > Roy takes second action > get danced by second dancer > Roy takes third action > get danced by third dancer > Roy takes fourth action
Or would you stop being able to refresh Roy after the first extra action?

Because I could see this being an annoying thing to face in the Arena if you can give a unit 4 actions in a turn, with the right non-dancer (dunno who that would be tho... Any suggestions?) and 3 Wings of Mercy dancers.

I mean you can do that, but I wouldn't recommend it because a) your team would be squishy as hell, b) once the non-dancer unit dies it's basically GG, and c) chances are, after the first dancer lets the non-dancer move farther out, that unit will be too far away for the rest of your dancers to get to anyways, which seems like a bit of waste. 

Edited by MaskedAmpharos

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

@Vaximillian Awesome! Thanks for the info, mate!

@DehNutCase Ah, why a Blue sweeper specifically? 

@MaskedAmpharos That was the point of Wings of Mercy, so that when the non-dancer gets hurt fighting the dancers can teleport to them for further refreshing.

Although, yeah, it is a bit too squishy and kinda impossible when the non-dancer dies. Ah well. Thanks for pointing that out.

Just now, ILikeKirbys said:

@MaskedAmpharos That was the point of Wings of Mercy, so that when the non-dancer gets hurt fighting the dancers can teleport to them for further refreshing.

Although, yeah, it is a bit too squishy and kinda impossible when the non-dancer dies. Ah well. Thanks for pointing that out.

Blue specifically because the 3 dancers currently available are two blues and a red, so they'd all be easily taken care of by a capable blue unit. 

Wings of Mercy only activates when your non-dancer is at 50% HP or lower. If your only offensive unit is already at 50% HP or lower, refreshing them a bunch of times generally won't help very much (maybe if they're a ranged character and the rest of the opponents are melee or vice versa, but it seems too niche to work out properly).

Feel free to experiment with such a team and let us know how it goes though. 

2 minutes ago, ILikeKirbys said:

Dancers are Red and Blue, Roy is Red, a strong Blue has better BST than the blue-dancers and kills them easily, and triangle-advantage vs. Roy & Olivia.

Edit: Ninjaed.

Edited by DehNutCase

@DehNutCase Ah, I'm sorry, I didn't mean I was gonna use Roy on that team, I just used his name because it's shorter than "non-dancer unit." Should've made that clearer. Sorry.

@MaskedAmpharos Hadn't considered that. That's what happens when I post while falling asleep, haha.

Thanks again, mates.

Hi, I just started this game. I am a only F2P player. Can you all advise me on what heroes to train on please? Thanks!  

5* Azura is +ATT -DEF  

4* Corin is neutral

4* Felicia is +HP -ATT

3* Setsuna is -ATT +SPD

3* Donnel is -SPD +DEF

3* Florina is -ATK +RES

3* Hinata is -DEF +HP

team.jpg

7 minutes ago, meowwoofq said:

Hi, I just started this game. I am a only F2P player. Can you all advise me on what heroes to train on please? Thanks!  

5* Azura is +ATT -DEF  

4* Corin is neutral

4* Felicia is +HP -ATT

3* Setsuna is -ATT +SPD

3* Donnel is -SPD +DEF

3* Florina is -ATK +RES

3* Hinata is -DEF +HP

team.jpg

Azura, hinata, setsuna, felicia. You don't have any coverage for blues but that'll take you through the game

Just pulled 5* Camilla! I'm trying to find a good set for her and maybe my 4* Saizo as well. Any thoughts?

Should I maybe put Fury or LD on Camilla instead of Darting Blow? I was thinking of running a set where I have Seal Atk on her as well.

Hey, been meaning to ask this for a little bit now,I've added some screenshots that show some of the units I currently have (I can added the lvl 40 ones so you know what I already have levelled if you want) and I was wondering which units are generally considered good/bad - or - which you think I should focus on leveling 1st, just in general, for GHB/good to have

any was here are the units I have (if you want to know certain IV before suggesting then just ask)

Edited by Marcodian_Elite
Delete uploads

2 minutes ago, Marcodian_Elite said:

Hey, been meaning to ask this for a little bit now,I've added some screenshots that show some of the units I currently have (I can added the lvl 40 ones so you know what I already have levelled if you want) and I was wondering which units are generally considered good/bad - or - which you think I should focus on leveling 1st, just in general, for GHB/good to have

any was here are the units I have (if you want to know certain IV before suggesting then just ask)Screenshot_20170407-160625.thumb.png.332a2163717595c429375b10732bcaca.pngScreenshot_20170407-160634.thumb.png.d08bb36ae2b99e67436ae80981c86994.png

Hinata for fury 3 at 4 stars

Sully at 4 stars can give Ephraim sworbreaker 2

M Robin for colorless coverage and an alternate sword tank

Wrys if you want to use his skills to buff a healer you already have maxed

Subaki gets quick riposte 2 at 4 stars

Gunter you can level 40 at 3 stars in case you want to use him for a Cavalry team at 4 stars or give away his skills for a cavalry team at 4 stars

I think Saizo also gets poison strike 3 at 4 stars so if you want some cheeky strats, you can give it to someone else 

4 star those 3 Lon'qus for vantage 3 on someone else

Oboro for rally defense if you need it.

Cecilia is okay, you can give away her escape route or rally resistance

11 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Hinata for fury 3 at 4 stars

Sully at 4 stars can give Ephraim sworbreaker 2

M Robin for colorless coverage and an alternate sword tank

Wrys if you want to use his skills to buff a healer you already have maxed

Subaki gets quick riposte 2 at 4 stars

Gunter you can level 40 at 3 stars in case you want to use him for a Cavalry team at 4 stars or give away his skills for a cavalry team at 4 stars

I think Saizo also gets poison strike 3 at 4 stars so if you want some cheeky strats, you can give it to someone else 

4 star those 3 Lon'qus for vantage 3 on someone else

Oboro for rally defense if you need it.

Cecilia is okay, you can give away her escape route or rally resistance

Great! Thanks for that, I know who I'm going to be focusing on now :)

@Marcodian_Elite Just in case it wasn't clear from Arcanite's post, those aren't all recommendations for units that are good to use but rather many are units that are good to sacrifice as fodder for other units (such as Hinata and Sully). 

For actual use, Robin is probably the best person you have (especially with Triangle Adept and Sword/Lancebreaker), but Setsuna is also quite good (especially if +Spd) for her insane damage potential with a Brave Bow/Desperation build. Lon'qu/Hana/Navarre/Chrom are all decent swordsmen but largely unnecessary when you already have Corrin. 

Cecilia with Nino's tome has amazing damage potential when paired with Gunter's Hone Cavalry, but without pairing her with Gunter and Nino's tome, she's pretty meh. 

16 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

@Marcodian_Elite Just in case it wasn't clear from Arcanite's post, those aren't all recommendations for units that are good to use but rather many are units that are good to sacrifice as fodder for other units (such as Hinata and Sully). 

For actual use, Robin is probably the best person you have (especially with Triangle Adept and Sword/Lancebreaker), but Setsuna is also quite good (especially if +Spd) for her insane damage potential with a Brave Bow/Desperation build. Lon'qu/Hana/Navarre/Chrom are all decent swordsmen but largely unnecessary when you already have Corrin. 

Cecilia with Nino's tome has amazing damage potential when paired with Gunter's Hone Cavalry, but without pairing her with Gunter and Nino's tome, she's pretty meh. 

Ahhh Got ya now - would it still be worth levelling up  M!robin if I have  lvl 40reinhardt/ursula for blu tome?

I'll look at my setsuna and subaki  ivs and level whichever ones have the best iv I'll level up - seen them used in a few of the older GHB,

another quick question, I have a 4* klein and a 5* klein (some units didnt fit in the images because I reached upload size lol) now my 5* is -spd + def and the 4* is - atk + res, safe to say I should sacrifice 1 of them and give death blow 3 to a different unit, but would it be worth keeping one of them and levelling him up (I have a 4* gordin at 40 for some range dmg)?

Edited by Marcodian_Elite

2 minutes ago, Marcodian_Elite said:

Ahhh Got ya now - would it still be worth levelling up  M!robin if I have  lvl 40reinhardt/ursula for blu tome?

I'll look at my setsuna and subaki  ivs and level whichever ones have the best iv I'll level up - seen them used in a few of the older GHB,

another quick question, I have a 4* klein and a 5* klein (some units didnt fit in the images because I reached upload size lol) now my 5* is -spd + def and the 4* is - atk + res, safe to say I should sacrifice 1 of them and give death blow 3 to a different unit, but would it be worth keeping one of them and levelling him up (I have a 4* gordin at 40 for some range dmg)?

Robin and Reinhardt fill different roles. Robin is a tankier "soak up hits on enemy phase and hit back" type of unit whereas Reinhardt is a "nuke things on player phase but also die to most things on enemy phase" type of unit. Ursula is amazing with Odin's tome on a cavalry team with Gunter's Hone Cavalry, but she's mediocre otherwise.

Subaki is mostly good because he's extraordinarily tanky, but imo Ephraim gets the job done just fine. The reason Subaki was used in those GHB battles is because that youtuber intentionally uses free units anyone can get (since not everyone has Ephraim) to make the map more universally playable, but unless you specifically need someone flying, Ephraim does Subaki's job better than Subaki. 

I would definitely use the 4* Klein as fodder (-atk is probably the worst nature on a Brave unit), but the 5* one can still be salvaged since Brave users outside of the super speedy ones (like potentially Hana and Setsuna) don't care too much about speed. What IVs does your Gordin have though? If he's +Atk, he may be better than Klein if you inherit the 4* Klein's Death Blow. 

4 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

Robin and Reinhardt fill different roles. Robin is a tankier "soak up hits on enemy phase and hit back" type of unit whereas Reinhardt is a "nuke things on player phase but also die to most things on enemy phase" type of unit. Ursula is amazing with Odin's tome on a cavalry team with Gunter's Hone Cavalry, but she's mediocre otherwise.

Subaki is mostly good because he's extraordinarily tanky, but imo Ephraim gets the job done just fine. The reason Subaki was used in those GHB battles is because that youtuber intentionally uses free units anyone can get (since not everyone has Ephraim) to make the map more universally playable, but unless you specifically need someone flying, Ephraim does Subaki's job better than Subaki. 

I would definitely use the 4* Klein as fodder (-atk is probably the worst nature on a Brave unit), but the 5* one can still be salvaged since Brave users outside of the super speedy ones (like potentially Hana and Setsuna) don't care too much about speed. What IVs does your Gordin have though? If he's +Atk, he may be better than Klein if you inherit the 4* Klein's Death Blow. 

My gordin is +def - res, My ephraim is -atk +def so (just for future) I could *within reason* sub. ephraim for subaki when looking at some of those tactics lol

4 minutes ago, Marcodian_Elite said:

My gordin is +def - res, My ephraim is -atk +def so (just for future) I could *within reason* sub. ephraim for subaki when looking at some of those tactics lol

Okay yeah I'd just stick with Klein over Gordin then. Also, Subaki is primarily used for his defense anyways, so that nature on Ephraim is fine if you're using him to tank in place of Subaki. 

16 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

Okay yeah I'd just stick with Klein over Gordin then. Also, Subaki is primarily used for his defense anyways, so that nature on Ephraim is fine if you're using him to tank in place of Subaki. 

Okay getting this, so I have 2 M!robins - one is-spd +def and the other is +spd - res, going of robins main usage as being tankier - it'd make sense to level the -spd +def version, I'l level up that klein (originally thought the -spd was just as bad as -atk but good to know its not as bad as I 1st thought

Recently pulled a Cordelia (+Spd/-HP) and I know Brave users prefer an Atk boon, but I was wondering if this is acceptable? If so, then I plan on giving her Death Blow, Quick Riposte, and Luna and I was wondering what I should add for the C slot? My apologies for two questions at once.

Hello, I have a couple of questions:
- does anybody know wwhen the update that increases the amount of stamina to 100 will be released?

- are you keeping your stamina bottles so that they will be more efficient to use after the update? Will it work like that?

- is there any point to this screen that shows damage points going up after won gauntlet battle?

- should I save up flag points because I may need them later on tougher matchups?

2 minutes ago, Urodos said:

Recently pulled a Cordelia (+Spd/-HP) and I know Brave users prefer an Atk boon, but I was wondering if this is acceptable? If so, then I plan on giving her Death Blow, Quick Riposte, and Luna and I was wondering what I should add for the C slot? My apologies for two questions at once.

C slot you can add literally any hone or spur skill that fits your team

+Spd gives her 38 speed without a brave weapon in which is pretty nice. Gives you a little more flexibility if you want to use life and death instead of deathblow. Deathblow ironically turns her into a psycho though so yeah.

In short, +Speed is amazing